Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Thanks epi.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thellama73 »

Happy 10000 posts, Epi!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

Gumshoe & I both used the word "Interesting" as well.

I can't speak for LC or Gumshoe, but I thought todays discussion WAS interesting. You did not find it so, Epi? Out of all that discussion the only thing that caught your eye was one word?

This feels somewhat distractionary to me. Either you don't want people to talk about the other discussion today, or maybe you're doing some rather fancy distancing with LC, since it is unlikely that he is going to get lynched over "interesting". Or maybe you are just doing some standard issue Epi mind games and intentionally enigmatic crap. Not sure which, maybe all, maybe none.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Hey, for the first time ever I'm getting civ vibes from Epi!

I don't agree with the case on LC, but I do agree that this game has not gotten in the least bit interesting (linki - sorry SVS!).

For me, the most interesting post this game is the one Cobalt posted, which Timmer quoted above. I think there are quite a number of players in this game who could point to games where they have played the super-civvie. Especially invoking the 'my most recent game' thing... and all in a comment where he purports not to care if we vote for him. Do I see potential civilian motives for posting it? Yes. It's not easy to have a voice in a place where you are not known, so making a cred grab isn't necessarily inherently suspicious.

But civilians don't usually go around flashing their supatown credentials.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Gumshoe wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Cobalt wrote:My eye is on Devin almost immediately because of that joking truce thing. Mafia Cobalt tries to jokingly buddy up to people to see if they'd be receptive to it or not. :eye:
nutella wrote:
Long Con wrote: Here's the general rule I use with new players. If it comes down to a vote that's based on very little, I'll probably avoid going for them in the spirit of community friendliness. If there's a bigger or more stand-out suspicion on a new player, then I'll probably vote for them despite their newness.
Basically this :noble:
I don't give a fuck, y'all can vote for me whenever you want, if you want. Just keep in mind that the most recent mafia game I played my day 3 scum reads list was 5/6 accurate and I got MVP. I don't know you guys as well as that crowd but I do have decent instincts.
So because it is line with your mafia meta to do something, you extrapolate to mean that it is likely within someone else's meta, whom you've never met, as well?

Are you implying that we shouldn't vote for you because you have good instincts? What does that have to do with your alignment?
It's a decent theory. No one is ENTIRELY a unique little snowflake no matter what our mothers tell us. If one person thought of it then it's possible others have as well.

Mafia probably have better "instincts" than the rest of us anyway.
Is this Day 0 buddying?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

@ MP I think my question was a good one, I've been in mafia games were people will do certain things which I find suspicious and I will point it out just to have someone tell me "oh so and so always does that" which makes me not only look like a fool but will also clutter the thread and has made me look like/ been accused of being scum. So it is always good to know ahead of time.

@ Cobalt yeah I saw you were here and I want to spread the Paradox
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am not a noob, ftr
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But BWT is a noob!

(BWT, 8 was gone a reeeeeeeeeeeally long time ago. Blame SVS.)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Hi there. Just checking in! About to start actually reading.

Although I'm going to assume I already made a mistake, since I voted a number someone else voted, and no number yet has multiple votes.

But I'm a rebel like that. :llama:

Linki: No u
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, bwt, thank you for bussing bass in economics!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epi, I disagree with your criticisms. True, "interesting" is kind of a vacuous term but I and others use it all the time. And I also say things like "I don't know what to think about [whatever interaction has been going on in the thread]" because I feel like such interactions merit acknowledgment/I feel like I have to comment on them regardless of my alignment.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'll respond to Epi in a separate post. :srsnod:
Scotty wrote:
Long Con wrote:This all got very interesting. I see MP07 is going full-swing with the Question-Hammer, good to see! Gets people talking.

Here's the general rule I use with new players. If it comes down to a vote that's based on very little, I'll probably avoid going for them in the spirit of community friendliness. If there's a bigger or more stand-out suspicion on a new player, then I'll probably vote for them despite their newness.

I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.

Linki: I also suspect Gumshoe and Devin of being criminally fraternal in some subtle way. :smoky:
Weren't you mafia last game? I do remember you personally leading a preemptive charge against me Day 1 for my first mafia game, and then proceeding to night kill me Night 1. Which was slightly irritating for my first game, but hey, that's the game. Correct me if I'm wrong with my info tho. :flamed:
Which game was that? I don't remember doing those things. :shrug:
Cobalt wrote:Long Con buddied up to my reads and he was my strongest civ read and he wound up being mafia. Thank fuck for a godlike vigi / JOAT. Won't be making that mistake again.

It's also why I'm coming for his weave this game. :dark:
Actually, the way I remember it, was you buddied up to MY reads, and I was like, "Hey, this is all right!" I didn't do it intentionally... more like the reads I put out there matched what yours were and you noted it and felt a certain Civvie kinship with me. :nicenod: And fingersplints was that godlike vigi/JOAT that rolechecked me and then killed me when she wasn't getting much traction on my lynch. :suspish:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Gumshoe & I both used the word "Interesting" as well.

I can't speak for LC or Gumshoe, but I thought todays discussion WAS interesting. You did not find it so, Epi? Out of all that discussion the only thing that caught your eye was one word?
Not really, no.

What of the discussion was interesting to you? You used the word, but you didn't say how. You said you looked forward to rereading it, but you haven't done so. Instead, you are focusing on me.

My issue is not that people use the word, but that they don't explain. If you call something interesting, then say why. Otherwise, you are talking and not saying anything. If I say "S~V~S is suspicious," what you are going to do?

You're going to ask "Why?"

This is no different.

You posted a picture of llama's avatar, and now you're questioning me. This tells me nothing about what you found interesting before 4pm EST today. It leads me to believe you didn't really find anything interesting at all.
S~V~S wrote:This feels somewhat distractionary to me.
Oh here we are again. What am I distracting people from now? Not posting? Pizza Hut commercials?
S~V~S wrote:Either you don't want people to talk about the other discussion today, or maybe you're doing some rather fancy distancing with LC, since it is unlikely that he is going to get lynched over "interesting". Or maybe you are just doing some standard issue Epi mind games and intentionally enigmatic crap. Not sure which, maybe all, maybe none.
You've just named every possibility and then conceded there are other possibilities.

You speak, yet say nothing.

You are on my suspect list.

++++
nutella wrote:Epi, I disagree with your criticisms. True, "interesting" is kind of a vacuous term but I and others use it all the time. And I also say things like "I don't know what to think about [whatever interaction has been going on in the thread]" because I feel like such interactions merit acknowledgment/I feel like I have to comment on them regardless of my alignment.
So I'm right, but it's okay when you do it? :confused:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:***I would like to avoid voting a player completely new to The Syndicate on Day 1. I used to very vocally oppose those who took this view, but I have recently come around to this line of thinking. I do think it would suck to come to a new site and get lynched Day 1 your first game, so newbies will get a "free pass" from me, but only from my vote (not any suspicion I have), and if they are my top suspect going into Day 2, I will not hesitate to vote for a newbie.
Why? What changed your mind, that you should "very vocally oppose those who took this view" to "recently come around to this line of thinking?"
MovingPictures07 wrote:What likelihood would you give to this being the case in this game?
Epignosis wrote:I'll answer that question as soon as you point me to a single instance when probability ever did anything for me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:How about a different question:

If you had to choose, instinctively, do you believe my set of statements is due to the fact that I am indeed mafia with a new player on my team or due to some other reason?
Epignosis wrote:Is there a reason you're not forthcoming about my initial question?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Perhaps.
Epignosis wrote:OK then.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Newbie to the site. And I agree with you there. But no more than Day 1 or 2. It should give us enough time to get to know the new player while giving us a chance to feel out everyone else.
Gun to head read (if you have to pick immediately), civilian or mafia, for Epignosis, me, and sig. Go.
Epignosis wrote:I'm telling you up front I ain't answering any of this GTH bullshit.

And I ain't doing any ISOs.

And I damn sure ain't doing no rainbows reads. I've got Reading Rainbow, and that's enough rainbow reading for me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fair enough, of course, you're free to play however you want.
.... :shrug: That's a shoving match if I ever saw one. Would you prefer pissing contest? I was never that fond of that one... and it's only chicks that say they're "going to go and get a ruler", so I didn't want to use those euphamisms. Shoving match.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*euphemisms
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You said you didn't know what to think about it. Why say that? Useless. Form an opinion and then state it when you have one. You had other things to say, but you decided to drop that in there and call it a "shoving match."
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oops, I was collecting quotes in two separate posts... this one was written earlier and not yet posted:
Epignosis wrote:As promised:
Long Con wrote:This all got very interesting.
No it didn't. It's all Day 0 dicking around. Nothing has gotten interesting at all. "Interesting" is a stupid word. Stop using it Mafia. :rolleyes:
Long Con wrote:I see MP07 is going full-swing with the Question-Hammer, good to see! Gets people talking.
According to LC, MP is getting people talking, and it's "good to see." Hold that in mind. :grin:
Long Con wrote:I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.
If you "don't know what to think" about something, why in hell bring it up? Does anybody care that you don't know what to think about something? Why not keep quiet until you do know what you think?

And why characterize my exchange with MP as a "shoving match?" That can't be genuine. In this same post, LC said MP was "swinging the question hammer," which is "good to see." Now he's not sure what to think about the Epi/MP "shoving match?"

This doesn't smell right to me.

I'm voting Long Con, except I can't because Hedgeowl hasn't voted 18 yet. :evileye:
"Interesting" is a somewhat empty term, I agree. It says little about what the speaker thinks about the content in question beyond not being bored by it. It is appropriate to use on the conversation between you, MP, and Devin though, because there was very little content, and yet it was compelling nonetheless to see you guys sink your teeth in. So yeah... "interesting".
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

HEDGEOWL!

Go vote 18.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I often share that I "don't know what to make" of things as a way of lettin people know that I'm working oj a theory but not ready or willing to share anything at the moment, while also inviting others to join in on the speculation.

However, i have also seen that sort of vague statement as being an easy thing for scum to hide behind in past games.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epi just dropped the mic!

Now the case on SVS I sort of see. I could have used the word interesting in this thread, but the chances of me remembering whether I did or didn't is zero. Defending LC's use of the word while pointing out she did it herself I could definitely see as a potential move to make herself look better if LC flipped civ.

It's a little thing, but this is my first legitimate ping.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

HOMEGIRL!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:You said you didn't know what to think about it. Why say that? Useless. Form an opinion and then state it when you have one. You had other things to say, but you decided to drop that in there and call it a "shoving match."
Yes, that's what happened. I'm glad that you can play your way and I can play my way. Makes for a richer, more fun game of Mafia. You can stay silent and form opinions and only speak when you have them, that's one way to do things. Another way to do things is to make a comment first and then observe the reactions of those who are commented about. You can learn a lot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You said you didn't know what to think about it. Why say that? Useless. Form an opinion and then state it when you have one. You had other things to say, but you decided to drop that in there and call it a "shoving match."
Yes, that's what happened. I'm glad that you can play your way and I can play my way. Makes for a richer, more fun game of Mafia. You can stay silent and form opinions and only speak when you have them, that's one way to do things. Another way to do things is to make a comment first and then observe the reactions of those who are commented about. You can learn a lot.
Nah.

I don't buy that you were doing that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Gumshoe & I both used the word "Interesting" as well.

Not really, no.

What of the discussion was interesting to you? You used the word, but you didn't say how. You said you looked forward to rereading it, but you haven't done so. Instead, you are focusing on me.

My issue is not that people use the word, but that they don't explain. If you call something interesting, then say why. Otherwise, you are talking and not saying anything. If I say "S~V~S is suspicious," what you are going to do?

You're going to ask "Why?"

This is no different.

You posted a picture of llama's avatar, and now you're questioning me. This tells me nothing about what you found interesting before 4pm EST today. It leads me to believe you didn't really find anything interesting at all.
S~V~S wrote:This feels somewhat distractionary to me.
Oh here we are again. What am I distracting people from now? Not posting? Pizza Hut commercials?
S~V~S wrote:Either you don't want people to talk about the other discussion today, or maybe you're doing some rather fancy distancing with LC, since it is unlikely that he is going to get lynched over "interesting". Or maybe you are just doing some standard issue Epi mind games and intentionally enigmatic crap. Not sure which, maybe all, maybe none.
You've just named every possibility and then conceded there are other possibilities.

You speak, yet say nothing.

You are on my suspect list.

++++
nutella wrote:Epi, I disagree with your criticisms. True, "interesting" is kind of a vacuous term but I and others use it all the time. And I also say things like "I don't know what to think about [whatever interaction has been going on in the thread]" because I feel like such interactions merit acknowledgment/I feel like I have to comment on them regardless of my alignment.
So I'm right, but it's okay when you do it? :confused:
I reread it, and I still find it interesting. I want to see where it goes, and tbh, I found you jumping on a word to be MORE interesting. Which was why that was what I chose to comment on.

Which was perhaps your intention :shrug:

And I am sure I will lay awake all night in fear at being on your suspect list.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
Long Con didn't focus on what he learned, as he implied. He focused on what I called him out on. That's why his style wasn't to garner reactions. It was to say something without saying anything. Now he's making up reasons.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I reread it, and I still find it interesting. I want to see where it goes, and tbh, I found you jumping on a word to be MORE interesting. Which was why that was what I chose to comment on.

Which was perhaps your intention :shrug:

And I am sure I will lay awake all night in fear at being on your suspect list.
What did you find interesting prior to 4pm EST and why?

What am I distracting from? You didn't say. :ponder:

Without naming every possibility, what is your current opinion of me and why?

And my intention isn't to keep you up at night. My intention is to lynch you if you are bad. And I think you are. Sweet dreams. ;)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
Long Con didn't focus on what he learned, as he implied. He focused on what I called him out on. That's why his style wasn't to garner reactions. It was to say something without saying anything. Now he's making up reasons.
maybe he responded to what you called him out on because you called him out on it. Why should he share everything that he might learn right away?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
Your reaction is ongoing, and so is the learning. I thought you wanted me to stay silent until my opinions are formed, now you're attacking me for what I haven't said yet? :omg:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
maybe he responded to what you called him out on because you called him out on it. Why should he share everything that he might learn right away?
Because he didn't learn anything.

Do you think he learned anything?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, are you eating bean dip?

This is fun. Epi reminds me of me when I think I've caught baddies on day zero.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
Your reaction is ongoing, and so is the learning. I thought you wanted me to stay silent until my opinions are formed, now you're attacking me for what I haven't said yet? :omg:
Please run for office in America. :noble:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Nah.

why not?
Because he didn't learn anything.

Do you think he learned anything?
It's not unlikely, though the the learning does not need to be immediate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

So the game begins.

I mean, I don't want to just jump on a bandwagon but I've been pinged my what Epignosis has started here. As potentially weak as of a suspicion as it is (which, I mean, it's not even Day 1 so the littlest things really do matter) I can see exactly what Epignosis is saying. Long Con's post reads somewhat like he wants us to think he's contributing without actually contributing. Playing devil's advocate on myself, there is little to nothing to contribute day 0 but it's the feeling that he wants us to think that he contributing that feels fishy. I see why LC saying MP is stirring things up is a good thing and then belittling it as a shoving match is weird. I concur.

That being said, SVS dragged that suspicion a little bit further down the hole and went with LC. 1) The idea of "buddying up" has come up today and SVS came off like LC's knight in shining armor coming to rescue him from Epignosis. 2) Saying that Epignosis is trying to distract us. Distract us from what? Discussing Reading Rainbow? 3) I'm not afraid to be honest of my selfish ways, the main reason this stood out to me is because I saw my name. Dragging themselves and myself into the "interesting" topic comes off very weird to me. I'm battling with my ego as whether I find it weird because subconsciously I just don't like my name coming up or if it truly is weird. I'm leaning toward the latter. I mean, my use of interesting was talking about MP's previous game. Much different than LC's usage of the word. My name being included just seems like a tactic to link up an innocent name to your own. It's like "See, everyone is doing it."

Now, mind you, THE GAME HASN'T EVEN TRULY BEGUN XD so I'm the tiniest things are just popping off the screen right now and are probably making me paranoid but, hey, it's better to try to figure things out than to sit back and wait. Cuz thar be killahs on teh loose! :srsnod:

TLDR: I'm getting town vibes from Epignosis and baddie vibes from LC & SVS.

PS. The only mafia I have played in years is quick mafia games that last, like, at most 30 minutes. Trying to readjust back into the swing of mafia in this type of forum setting is a little tricky. I'm a ranting, wordy kind of guy to begin with so if you think I need to relax I would appreciate the advice. I feel like I'm trying to compensate because I'm used to not even writing as much as I have in this single post... in an entire game. I still need to find what the correct balance is.

PS. A million of posts have been made since I began this. Ignore any information I did not have prior to 8:48 please.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No. Long Con didn't learn anything by saying this:
Long Con wrote:This all got very interesting. I see MP07 is going full-swing with the Question-Hammer, good to see! Gets people talking.

Here's the general rule I use with new players. If it comes down to a vote that's based on very little, I'll probably avoid going for them in the spirit of community friendliness. If there's a bigger or more stand-out suspicion on a new player, then I'll probably vote for them despite their newness.

I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.

Linki: I also suspect Gumshoe and Devin of being criminally fraternal in some subtle way. :smoky:
If he has, then I need him to show me post game how this works. He is justifying why he was using vague terms.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That was to Sloonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

you responded to the post, therefore it's possible that somethig was learned.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:you responded to the post, therefore it's possible that somethig was learned.
Nothing was learned, Paprika.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

This discussion has changed direction a little bit. Let me make sure I understand what all sides are saying.

Epignosis's POV (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong):
LC posts about other players.
Epignosis says he finds LC's post suspicious.
LC defends what Epignosis pointed out.
LC then says his initial post was under the strategy of posting about people to see how the react to their names coming up in that manner.
Epignosis believes that LC is now making up reasons and that LC didn't have that strategy or he would focus more on what he learned from Epignosis's response rather than spending his time defending what Epignosis pointed out.

LC's POV (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong):
Starts off the same, however, he is saying he did post that to see what people's reactions would be. However, with Epignosis suspecting, of course he would respond to Epignosis interrogating him but that doesn't negate the initial strategy.

About right, boys/girls?

PS. Epignosis, I keep writing your name and it doesn't have a clear short nickname to it. Is there something shorter you go by? I considered Epig but I don't know if I'd like being called Epig. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Some say Epi, some say Epig. Or Rob.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Epignosis wrote:Some say Epi, some say Epig. Or Rob.
Epi it is. I don't like Rob while playing mafia because it's not in your username. I know if someone else said it I might be awfully confused. Out of mafia, I'll call you whatever you like.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I want to lynch Long Con. That's where my Day 1 vote will be going as of right now.
Why? If you posted it already can you post a link.
It's Day 0. Long Con has six posts. I'm not posting a link for you. Read his posts and draw your own conclusion. Then tell me if you find anything suspicious.

If you don't, then I'll gladly share what I found.
Ok I read the six post, but I would still like to know what you find suspicious.
Is it because there are only six post, 3 of which are fluff posts?
Is it the MP/Epi shoving match post?
As promised:
Long Con wrote:This all got very interesting.
No it didn't. It's all Day 0 dicking around. Nothing has gotten interesting at all. "Interesting" is a stupid word. Stop using it Mafia. :rolleyes:
Long Con wrote:I see MP07 is going full-swing with the Question-Hammer, good to see! Gets people talking.
According to LC, MP is getting people talking, and it's "good to see." Hold that in mind. :grin:
Long Con wrote:I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.
If you "don't know what to think" about something, why in hell bring it up? Does anybody care that you don't know what to think about something? Why not keep quiet until you do know what you think?

And why characterize my exchange with MP as a "shoving match?" That can't be genuine. In this same post, LC said MP was "swinging the question hammer," which is "good to see." Now he's not sure what to think about the Epi/MP "shoving match?"

This doesn't smell right to me.

I'm voting Long Con, except I can't because Hedgeowl hasn't voted 18 yet. :evileye:
:feb:

(Voted 18 cause, well I was late to the party, but still reading....)

i tend to agree about voting newbies on the first day, but good points about not all the players being new to mafia. Honestly my Day 1 reads are never going to be that sure that know I have to vote the new guy. However, I do tend to be wary of bandwagon votes for seemingly no good reason.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Epignosis wrote:HEDGEOWL!

Go vote 18.
Epignosis wrote:HOMEGIRL!
:epig:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hedgeowl - if several people ended up voting for LC or SVS today, would you consider that there seemed to be good reasons for that, or are you saying that you find the reasons to suspect LC and SVS unconvincing?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Golden wrote:Hedgeowl - if several people ended up voting for LC or SVS today, would you consider that there seemed to be good reasons for that, or are you saying that you find the reasons to suspect LC and SVS unconvincing?
Oh I am not saying that. Did I say that? I was commenting on the earlier discussion about newbies, which SVS and LC are not. I am sympathetic to LC because of Epi's accusation around the word "interesting" but that's more because I am someone who overuses this word in life. I do find SVS' defense interesting (!) however. I would not say I am ready to vote based on any of this yet though. Mostly, I think there been a lot of huffing and puffing and MP's redonkulous rainbow list aside ( :haha: ), not much noteworthy in 5 pages that took me too long to read, so I agree with Epi there. I will say so far he reads like civ Epi to me, and I can never tell very well with LC.

what are ISOs that everyone is mentioning? I assume not In Search Of...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Hedgeowl wrote:MP's redonkulous rainbow list aside ( :haha: )
I feel like I've seen a couple of people making fun of his list and I don't really understand why. Keeping a list rating how suspicious you are of each person in addition to your notes seems like a good idea. Is it just because his is color-coded?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Gumshoe, get an avatar buddy. I keep scrolling through thinking your posts are continuations of the person before you.

Also, I like the way you talk, gum. Verbose. Like me. Can't wait to hear your soliloquy in the next scene. ;airguitar:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Gumshoe wrote:
I feel like I've seen a couple of people making fun of his list and I don't really understand why. Keeping a list rating how suspicious you are of each person in addition to your notes seems like a good idea. Is it just because his is color-coded?
i'll also be using rainbow lists, just so everyone knows. get ready.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Scotty wrote:Gumshoe, get an avatar buddy. I keep scrolling through thinking your posts are continuations of the person before you.

Also, I like the way you talk, gum. Verbose. Like me. Can't wait to hear your soliloquy in the next scene. ;airguitar:
I found the specific one I wanted, plugged it in, and it said "nope, sorry, we hate you and wont let you have the avatar you want because you're not welcome here" ...something along those lines. So I threw in the towel like the bitter little quitter I am. But I suppose I could buckle up and give it one more shot.
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

Sloonei wrote:
Gumshoe wrote:
i'll also be using rainbow lists, just so everyone knows. get ready.
I'm going to make my list in ever-so-slightly different shades of grey.

Return to “Previous Jobs”