50%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:I plan to vote for Long Con in the next hour. Does anyone have a reason I should not?
There will still be 20+ hours left in the day. I have no objections which will actually sway your opinion one way or another, however.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

Golden wrote:Gender guide, because we seem to be having a lot of issues. Please note I'm reading scotty, gumshoe, cobalt as male but I'm not sure. I also don't know sig's gender.

Bass The Clever
BirdwithTeeth11

Black Rock
Bullzeye
Canuck
Cobalt
Devin
DFaraday

DREAM
Epignosis
Fingersplints
Golden
Gumshoe
Hedgeowl
Long Con
MetalMarsh89
MovingPictures07

Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
Nutella

Scotty
sig
Sloonei
SVS
Timmer
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
I am female and mixed you up as female as well. :blush:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I plan to vote for Long Con in the next hour. Does anyone have a reason I should not?
There will still be 20+ hours left in the day. I have no objections which will actually sway your opinion one way or another, however.
If Long Con is bad, I have reason to think one of his people done chucked him.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Because I think SVS is a better choice and because I think if LC is not bad, having three votes before anyone else has any is a hard deficit to overcome and a very easy place to put bandwagon votes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Golden wrote:Gender guide, because we seem to be having a lot of issues. Please note I'm reading scotty, gumshoe, cobalt as male but I'm not sure. I also don't know sig's gender.

Bass The Clever
BirdwithTeeth11

Black Rock
Bullzeye
Canuck
Cobalt
Devin
DFaraday

DREAM
Epignosis
Fingersplints
Golden
Gumshoe
Hedgeowl
Long Con
MetalMarsh89
MovingPictures07

Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
Nutella

Scotty
sig
Sloonei
SVS
Timmer
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
I am female and mixed you up as female as well. :blush:
Could it be because someone said gumshoe was my baby daddy? Honestly, this game is beginning to confuse me about my own gender.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Because I think SVS is a better choice and because I think if LC is not bad, having three votes before anyone else has any is a hard deficit to overcome and a very easy place to put bandwagon votes.
I'm listening.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
does this mean you are focusing on Cobalt and MM? Why do you feel this way?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:Comments on issues rather than players are an easy way for a baddie to be involved without getting their hands dirty.
I feel like this is so on point.
I would agree somewhat, but add that this is increasingly important as the game moves forward. I am particularly partial to voting data myself, which isn't possible until after Day 1. There has been a lot of activity early on this game, but discussion can only take us so far without further input from lynches and NKs to confirm people's suspicions or show their weaknesses.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
I'm listening.
I'm not saying I'm going to be putting in time to convince you in the next hour. I don't have that time right now, and anyway I'm not sure I'm going to bother trying to convince you (it's your vote after all) but rather just state my opinions as I see them. I think it's a good reason to wait beyond an hour to make any vote, because you might be convinced - and because I think your timing might then be less likely to invite everyone onto a bandwagon. Unless, for some reason, you have to vote for someone within an hour.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:Comments on issues rather than players are an easy way for a baddie to be involved without getting their hands dirty.
I feel like this is so on point.
I would agree somewhat, but add that this is increasingly important as the game moves forward. I am particularly partial to voting data myself, which isn't possible until after Day 1. There has been a lot of activity early on this game, but discussion can only take us so far without further input from lynches and NKs to confirm people's suspicions or show their weaknesses.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with commenting on issues rather than players. But I do agree that someone can appear to be contributing by commenting on issues, and then you look back and realise how few players they are connecting themselves to in any way shape or form.

A good way for baddies to hide is to have opinions on as few people as possible.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
does this mean you are focusing on Cobalt and MM? Why do you feel this way?
You're asking me to place a lot on the table on Day 1, but I am drinking, and I've already said what I've said.

MM always votes early. It's his gig. Everybody knows it. Including Long Con.
Long Con wrote:I did think it was strange when Hedgeowl was talking about bandwagon votes before voting even started. I thought it was a good sentiment for me personally to have out there, since Epig and Cobalt seem to wish for a bandwagon to happen on me, but it's an odd thing to say nonetheless.

S~V~S may be trying to pocket me with her defense of the word "interesting" and attack on Epig. My lynch would end up making her look better, and my survival with her in my "good books" would be advantageous as well.

If I were making a rainbow list at this point, I'd have Sloonei, Hedgeowl, S~V~S, and Epig as slight Mafia reads, and Golden and MP as slight Civ. I guess I don't need to invoke the rainbow to just say that. I want to read back over the Gumshoe stuff to see who else seemed to be trying to cast it in a worse light than I think it is, I don't think Sloonei was the only one, just the one that stuck out to me.

Linki: Thanks, MM, good to know I can always count on your support. If you did vote, could you let us know if votes are changeable in this game? :grin:
LC posted this "linki" 15 minutes later after MM voted.

I am not saying it didn't take him 15 minutes to post this. Just stating the time frame.

Cobalt's second post said
Cobalt wrote:Long Con, I'm coming for your weave this game. Image
Two minutes later, LC said:
Long Con wrote:My... my weave? :puppy:
Cobalt made it sound like her vote for Long Con was vengeance for another game. But does anybody really do this?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am also somewhat suspicious of Cobalt, with this post at the center of my suspicion:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:He didn't so much as defend me as he pointed out that my logic wasn't flawed like MP seemed to be trying to make it appear. I didn't really think much of it but I appreciated the validation.

Anyone wanna pick my brain while I'm around for a few hours?
You've now offered a seeming defense of Gumshoe in return. Interesting.
I'm not so much interested in the specifics of the exchange, more so that it happened. Although, in that context, what Gumsho said was absolutely a defense of you.
I tend not to wallflower when I'm being spoken about and I address the situation directly if I'm involved in it.

Interesting.

COBALT: (Dramatic eye roll, exit DSL)
What do you, Cobalt, think of Gumshoe right now? Do you feel he was defending you, even if it wasn't a delberate defense? Why/why not?
LIke I said, he wasn't so much defending me as pointing out to MP that my logic was actually solid considering I have no idea what the playerbase is like here, there's bound to be some overlap between my own scum strategies and those of players on here. Therefore, things I do when I'm scum can be seen as scummy when I look at them in other people.

MP was trying to say that was flimsy logic, that just because I did it doesn't mean everyone else will. Which is true, but he failed to consider the fact that I don't know the playing field and that there's only so many strategies one can apply as scum. I'm sure someone here will use something I've used at some point, and that's what I was pointing out in Devin.

So Gumshoe pointing that out was only serving to land my point. It wasn't exactly a defense, but call it what you want. Like I said, I appreciated the validation.

Doesn't mean he's clear in my book by any means.
Cobalt spends the whole time explaining why Gumshoe was not defending them by describing how Gumshoe was defending them. It smells like too much of an effort by a player to distance themselves from a read they perceived to be a threat.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Alright, I just finished catching up and am tired. I am really uncertain as to my suspicions currently, but would like to look back at those that jumped on board other people's suspicions and voted as a result. I am not super surprised at Cobalt's vote, but dont know how serious to take it given his earlier comments. MM as well need to reread. I will be interested in seeing how others vote an will plan to vote tomorrow evening hopefully.

Also, I find myself identifying with TGG description of playstyle as well. Rings true for me too.

Night y'all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Dom wrote:MP, I didn't know your dissertation was going to be posted in my game's thread!

:haha:

My reaction:

:wtf:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, spoiler tags:

1. You must have quotes within the spoiler tags, otherwise the text is going to be grey on white, very hard to read.
2. You cannot have spoiler tags within the quotes that you are spoiler tagging. This is because the system reads [ spoiler ] then within the quote reads [ spoiler ] again before you are able to end it with [ / spoiler ].
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm still awaiting S~V~S's response to various inquiries, otherwise my vote is most certainly going to her tomorrow. Like Sloonei, I do not support a lynch of LC at this time, although I can totally understand why Epi has cased him. I'm just not personally convinced quite yet.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Does absolutely no one have any thoughts on my post regarding S~V~S or anything else I've said? I didn't recall seeing anything. If anyone does have any questions for me, I'll get to them when I can but my posting will likely be delayed, because I have to go to bed shortly, and then my ability to post tomorrow through Sunday will be sporadic.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Does absolutely no one have any thoughts on my post regarding S~V~S or anything else I've said? I didn't recall seeing anything. If anyone does have any questions for me, I'll get to them when I can but my posting will likely be delayed, because I have to go to bed shortly, and then my ability to post tomorrow through Sunday will be sporadic.
I liked your post about SVS and if anything so far has convinced me she might be bad, it's your case. But, as I've got 0 experience with her as a player, it's still not enough for me to really comment on without getting her response first. So I'm just waiting for her to defend herself before I make a read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have no comment on your case on SVS because I think it was essentially an affirmation of my own.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@ mp07: Do you have any thoughts about any of the players who are not popular susprcts at this time? Or at least Cobalt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Does absolutely no one have any thoughts on my post regarding S~V~S or anything else I've said? I didn't recall seeing anything. If anyone does have any questions for me, I'll get to them when I can but my posting will likely be delayed, because I have to go to bed shortly, and then my ability to post tomorrow through Sunday will be sporadic.
I liked your post about SVS and if anything so far has convinced me she might be bad, it's your case. But, as I've got 0 experience with her as a player, it's still not enough for me to really comment on without getting her response first. So I'm just waiting for her to defend herself before I make a read.
Thanks, Sloonei. As always with S~V~S, I'm hesitant, but obviously it's mafia and there's always the chance that I'm wrong. With that said, I think "moderate mafia read" is the perfect way to describe my confidence level regarding mine (and others') observations regarding her behavior so far this game. If she doesn't defend herself, then she will remain a moderate mafia read, at the least, and frankly I can't see any of the other players sinking that low in such a time frame. I suppose anything's possible.

I know what you mean; it's difficult to make any assessment of possible innocence until she says something.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I have no comment on your case on SVS because I think it was essentially an affirmation of my own.
Glad we're on the same page. :srsnod:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I agree with S~V~S did seem to be defending to hard. I mean she pulled quotes, and like I said before I don't ever remember her ever doing that this early in a game before.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:@ mp07: Do you have any thoughts about any of the players who are not popular susprcts at this time? Or at least Cobalt?
I still am mulling over all of my grey reads, some players much more so than others.

I do have opinions regarding Cobalt; I've consistently named him (now even I'm questioning gender) a very slight mafia read. I'd call him my #2 suspect at the moment, if I had to choose between Cobalt and Hedgeowl.

#1 S~V~S
#2 Cobalt
#3 Hedgeowl
#4-#26 ?????????
#27 Devin the Omniscient
#28 Epignosis

It's certainly very difficult to figure out anything beyond my top 3 suspects at the moment. I've had various gut-based responses to other players still in my grey area, but I'm not quite ready to move any of those players due to the complete lack of any confidence level of those thoughts.

Does anyone else find it very odd that Epignosis is perhaps the most town-read player in this thread? I don't know if I've ever seen him have this much town cred on Day 1 before. Interestingly enough, I was the first one to pull the trigger, followed by some people questioning how I could have even read him, then followed by many following suit. What do people make of this?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I think it's shocking. lol When I think Epi day 0 I think of him joking around with some slight reads. This is almost a new Epi we are seeing. lol
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I agree with S~V~S did seem to be defending to hard. I mean she pulled quotes, and like I said before I don't ever remember her ever doing that this early in a game before.
What I don't understand about S~V~S's behavior the most are 1) her complete lack of acknowledgement of my existence and 2) her defense to Epi's posts.

1) I don't mean that egocentrically, but it is indeed odd. Whenever we're on the same page, she typically acknowledges that, since it almost always happens. Whenever I throw suspicion her way, she also typically acknowledges it. So... I'm very curious to hear from her.

2) I highlighted this in my mega-post, but she acts like she doesn't understand why Epi has called her bad, when indeed I thought it was really clear why he believes it. It reminds me of Elo in Economics.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I think it's shocking. lol When I think Epi day 0 I think of him joking around with some slight reads. This is almost a new Epi we are seeing. lol
You think this is completely different than his normal playstyle then?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MP why do you trust Devin so much?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't actually think Epi has been that different to usual. I think it's happened to him despite himself. He's probably mortified.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I think it's shocking. lol When I think Epi day 0 I think of him joking around with some slight reads. This is almost a new Epi we are seeing. lol
I wouldn't say completely different because like I said he always seems to have some reads by day 1 I don't remember him being locked in on someone like he has been since early day 0.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I agree with S~V~S did seem to be defending to hard. I mean she pulled quotes, and like I said before I don't ever remember her ever doing that this early in a game before.
What I don't understand about S~V~S's behavior the most are 1) her complete lack of acknowledgement of my existence and 2) her defense to Epi's posts.

1) I don't mean that egocentrically, but it is indeed odd. Whenever we're on the same page, she typically acknowledges that, since it almost always happens. Whenever I throw suspicion her way, she also typically acknowledges it. So... I'm very curious to hear from her.

2) I highlighted this in my mega-post, but she acts like she doesn't understand why Epi has called her bad, when indeed I thought it was really clear why he believes it. It reminds me of Elo in Economics.
I get what you are saying. Do you think its been because she hasn't been around?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Just got back from work and seeing Gentlemen's Guide. Man what a blah show that was. I've seen it twice now & wouldn't recommend it, even if it won best Musical.

Anyway, I want to focus on these PMs.
Golden wrote:So it appears we have only a few PMs between us, and that multiple of us got ones that were the same or at least very similar.

It is a shame we can't quote them but I think we can verify if they are the same. Mine contained 102 words, 13 full stops, 7 commas. It did not conclude with a full stop or with a natural sentence end. Does this align with others who had something about stopping time and having a second day?
Interesting. So I'm gonna conform to Dom's wishes and will only conjecture with some bits of my PM even though I think I extracted 1-2 complete sentences with mine over the past day.

I'll try and do more conjecturing on reads of people tomorrow (if I have time before work), but for now I would invite everyone that hasn't responded with their keywords from their PMs do so . It would be very helpful to see if we can determine the myriad of roles we're dealing with in this game. Don't you think?

In unscrambling my sentence, it led me with a few keywords such as revival, overrated, Memory, and role check. It has 84 words, 5 full stops, 3 commas, 1 period.

Based on the facts that
1) Memory is the main song from Cats, and
2) Cats is about to be revived again (god help us) and
3) It's universally overrated

I'm thinking my PM is pertaining to Cats. And on top of that, I'm leaning this role having the ability to role check. My sentence also had the words "single" and "time" strewn in. Which adds up for me to believe this role can role check only once.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Gumshoe wrote: My pm mentioned Sondheim, Brown, Schwartz, and Hammerstein together. It also repeated "lyricist" and "3/4" over and over. I think it may be Schwartz's role and I don't think he's a threat to us but I obviously can't be certain.
Lyricist could apply to any of those names. And 3/4 is a time signature indicative of a waltz. Mine was something about "revived" and "most overrated". I hope that's not a shot at The King and I. :noble:

OK.
The overrated revival thing sounds like mine, but there's probably a major difference. Were there any other words that didn't repeat or otherwise looked like they didn't belong, @DFaraday? It could be King and I.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:My PM was full of stuff about stopping time, a second day will follow, and a lot of conditional stuff about 'if lynched' or 'if they die'. And something about a song cycle.

I wonder if the one mentioning all the independents, the 3/4 was not a waltz but actually something about 3/4 independents surviving.

I've tried looking at every second word, every third word etc, or trying to mesh sentences together, but it doesn't really work. I've tried applying the number 17 (my number) to it, but can't find any relevance. Has anyone been able to find any relevance from their number?
I also can't find a relevance to my number (2). What I did was find the most common words that could string together phrases, cross out the multiples of words, and take out any words that weren't words because they were spliced with 2 separate words.

"if they die, a second day will follow." sounds like they must be killed twice. Song cycle? Well, let's see. Songs for a New World is an obvious one. Unless there's more you can think of, I think that's the role your PM is referring to, Golden.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:MP why do you trust Devin so much?
If by "so much", you mean a very slightly town read ;) then let me elaborate. He is my most 'trusted' person in the thread at the moment, I suppose one could say, but I certainly don't trust him as far as I could throw him. His position very well could change after we have a D1 result and voting records, and my read of him is "very slight" for that reason. Frankly, my read of him has been determined solely by the real time interaction I had with him and his responses to my posts under pressure.

I suppose I should have covered this as well in my mega-post. I knew I was forgetting something.

Let me pull a couple of quotes to elaborate.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:and if I think that player is Devin, then I will vote for him. I have no propensity to vote for him at the moment, despite his truce comment, as I was merely joking with him.
And I will pull a big NO U and vote for you, too. It was indeed a joke, though :P
MovingPictures07 wrote:I think he would have said this regardless of alignment.
You know me too well :hug:

Linki: FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :disappoint:
Why did you joke about it, knowing very well it could preemptively create heat in my direction as well as yours?
I'm just simply having fun with you Buddy. I'm not actually frustrated right now :P It certainly has gotten discussion going, though lol.

And giving us heat on Day 0? It's what I do best, remember? :D

Linki: So he knows when we're BSing? :shrug:
At the time that I was questioning him, we were really the only two players throwing any sort of heat around in the thread, so I figured a question such as "Why did you joke about it..." would get him feeling some pressure, if he were mafia. Instead, he seemed to just shrug it off. That struck me as civilian-minded careless Devin. He very well could be faking it, but his response seemed fine.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Epignosis: Civvie (because he is asking questions like a good little civvie)
MP: Mafia (Because when the fuck are you not?)
Sig: Indie (No read whatsoever yet)

Don't expect a serious answer until we're well into day one :evileye:
When I asked him to provide GTH reads for Epi, myself, and sig, here's what he said. He took a little bit to respond, but I knew he was working, so I didn't count them against him necessarily. What I was looking for here is how he responded. I figure, if Devin is mafia and trying to buddy me, he'll answer the question seriously. If he answers it jokingly, it reinforces the thought I had before of a civilian Devin that says what he's thinking and has nothing to lose.

Again, WIFOM interpretation, hence why "very slight" read. When I consistently applied pressure to him, he didn't seem to crack at all. So I went ahead and assessed him as very slight civilian.

I'm very curious what his thoughts are after all of the more recent developments, however, since I haven't been able to update my read of him since that time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There is this dichotomy...

I don't like to lynch someone who hasn't fully defended themselves (and so, you can't really get a full picture on).

On the other hand, I just watched in biblical as the full on tactic of the mafia team was essentially to go under the radar.

I don't know where SVS has been and for her to not be here makes me think she probably has legitimate rl reasons, but I would like her to be in the thread and address some things.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:MP why do you trust Devin so much?
speaking of devin, has he even posted since the Day 0 truce thing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I don't actually think Epi has been that different to usual. I think it's happened to him despite himself. He's probably mortified.
I agree, he seems like "detective Epi", as I noted earlier. I've seen this behavior before.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Thank you sir.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I wouldn't say completely different because like I said he always seems to have some reads by day 1 I don't remember him being locked in on someone like he has been since early day 0.
Fair enough. Was curious, since many people seem to be chalking up his behavior as normal.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I get what you are saying. Do you think its been because she hasn't been around?
I don't know. I definitely hope she comes around tomorrow. I'm remaining open-minded and I really hope she is able to clear concerns.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, folks, I need to go. I'll check in when I can!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Some interesting stuff from Scotty - sounds like you might be quite good with these things. I'm going to try and spend some time on the PM tonight, I hope DF compares his to yours or Sloonei compares his to mine, it would be good if we can narrow down whether we have only a handful of roles between us or actually do each have a different one.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Scotty wrote:Just got back from work and seeing Gentlemen's Guide. Man what a blah show that was. I've seen it twice now & wouldn't recommend it, even if it won best Musical.
I wholeheartedly disagree. But that's a conversation for another day (or PM). Love seeing someone so musically inclined. Next time I'm in NYC I MUST see Fun Home and Hamilton though.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote: I hope that's not a shot at The King and I. :noble:

Actually, no. It can't be King and I. Try again. That's not an available role, and I doubt Dom would throw that in there for shits.
Gumshoe wrote:My pm mentioned Sondheim, Brown, Schwartz, and Hammerstein together. It also repeated "lyricist" and "3/4" over and over. I think it may be Schwartz's role and I don't think he's a threat to us but I obviously can't be certain.
I don't think it is Schwartz.
3/4 could be a victory condition for the independent in question. That 3/4 of either Sondheim, Brown, Schwartz and Hammerstein must be dead for (x) to win. Which makes me believe it isn't talking about Schwartz, since he's included in that; but rather Lippa or Rodgers. (Though Rodgers worked with Hammerstein a lot, so I'd gander 60/40 that it's Lippa)

As we go on with these, I think it's important we keep track somewhere. I'm gonna keep an excel spreadsheet of possibilities. If anyone gives 2 shits about my opinion and wants my PM reads as we go on, let me know and I'll post what I have.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Some interesting stuff from Scotty - sounds like you might be quite good with these things. I'm going to try and spend some time on the PM tonight, I hope DF compares his to yours or Sloonei compares his to mine, it would be good if we can narrow down whether we have only a handful of roles between us or actually do each have a different one.
I don't think I've seen you say anything about your PM that was any different from my own.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by timmer »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:Oh, and I'm looking forward to this show, y'all! I'm still getting changed in my private dressing room. :llama:
:eye: Claiming Independent? That's getting started early. Is that a plan you had or a spontaneous thing you just "went with"? :smoky:
I'm rereading from the start, as I've only sporadically kept up until Day 1. Long Con, what did you mean by this? I'm not a musical theatre fan, really (though I did co-star in South Pacific and Babes in Arms years ago) so I don't get how Scotty's comment would have led you to ponder the indy roles. Explain?
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:Just got back from work and seeing Gentlemen's Guide. Man what a blah show that was. I've seen it twice now & wouldn't recommend it, even if it won best Musical.
I wholeheartedly disagree. But that's a conversation for another day (or PM). Love seeing someone so musically inclined. Next time I'm in NYC I MUST see Fun Home and Hamilton though.
Heh. As you will. It's a show that panders to a particular blue-haired crowd I feel. The girl next to me fell asleep in Act 1. Also, this time Jefferson Mays was out, which literally killed the show (the understudy didn't do the part justice unfortunately, and while i like to root for the U/S, his part carries the show. And the actor just didn't.)

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
To put a finer point on it, I count exactly four brand new people in this. If you are bad with any number of them, your change of heart excuses you from voting them Day 1 (i.e., putting your money where your mouth is) all the while leaving yourself open to distance ("Yes, I'm quite suspicious of NEWGUY but as I already said Day 0, I won't vote a new person").
What likelihood would you give to this being the case in this game?
@MP, I find this to be an interesting question considering how famously Epig tried to use probability in The Flash game to lynch Eloh/me. Did you have this on your mind when you asked?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Linki: So he knows when we're BSing? :shrug:
Why did you feel inclined to answer on behalf of sig?
I'm kind of liking the dynamic of this MP/Devin thing. It's jokey, it's light, yet there is still attention being paid.
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I'm gonna ask again straight-

IF YOU HAVEN'T COMMENTED ABOUT THE PM DOM SENT YOU, AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE SENSE OF IT, OR ARE STILL THINKING ON IT, POST DEM KEY WORDS so we can start making sense of it.

Also, I'm realizing I'm making myself easy bait for Night 1 lynch, but eh. I like puzzles and can't help myself. :omg:

Return to “Previous Jobs”