The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Re: [Night 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by timmer »

Now that's my kind of lynch poll! Once any one of you flips bad, your whole team's gonna reveal itself. :ohyeah:

@Cobalt, dropping the "you can't lynch me" card doesn't really scare people, man. In fact, the more you keep posting the mafia equivalent of Lil' Jon and LMFAO saying "I don't give a fuck" over and over, the more you will likely regret it as threats don't tend to work here.
My siggie.
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

Epignosis wrote:Someone is out to kill me fuck all yall.
I think you're just paranoid......

Image I mean :hugs:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey guys, I'm home now. Sorry about the postless vote at the crucial last minute there. We were packing up the food truck and I asked the time, and was told that it was 10:17. I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my phone to get my vote in, and I saw that it was Cobalt 5, Long Con 6, S~V~S 6... so I had to put my vote on S~V~S just to save myself. I wasn't caught up on the thread at that point, and I'm still not, but we're home, and we have poured our drinks and counted up the money from the event, and I'm going to go back to quite a few hours ago and catch up on the thread. Close one for me, sorry you were an Indy S~V~S, but there was really no place else to put my vote. Sorry that BR missed the vote; she was off getting the truck from where it was parked at the time, and I couldn't even tell her to get on frantically like I did to cast a last-minute vote. I doubt she would have voted for me anyway, because, you know, I'm her husband. :) I'll post more in a bit.
Gumshoe
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Gumshoe »

I should probably make a note for y'all, I will always put time with loved ones as my top priority (of course) and I get that at weird hours. Especially late at night. Also there will be some days that you hear very little from me and that will typically be why. I know I'm being captain obvious but you guys don't know me so I'm letting you in on how I operate and a glance at what to expect from my "schedule".

Don't worry though. I'll make time to PM Dom and tell him that I choose to kill each and every one of you tonight. :feb:
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:Cobalt's outward stance about the entire game has literally not changed since Day 0.
Care to elaborate since you know me OH so well?
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:Hey guys, I'm home now. Sorry about the postless vote at the crucial last minute there. We were packing up the food truck and I asked the time, and was told that it was 10:17. I dropped what I was doing and grabbed my phone to get my vote in, and I saw that it was Cobalt 5, Long Con 6, S~V~S 6... so I had to put my vote on S~V~S just to save myself. I wasn't caught up on the thread at that point, and I'm still not, but we're home, and we have poured our drinks and counted up the money from the event, and I'm going to go back to quite a few hours ago and catch up on the thread. Close one for me, sorry you were an Indy S~V~S, but there was really no place else to put my vote. Sorry that BR missed the vote; she was off getting the truck from where it was parked at the time, and I couldn't even tell her to get on frantically like I did to cast a last-minute vote. I doubt she would have voted for me anyway, because, you know, I'm her husband. :) I'll post more in a bit.
Ugh I hate this fake nice attitude that goes along with your excuses.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Cobalt's outward stance about the entire game has literally not changed since Day 0.
Care to elaborate since you know me OH so well?
Spoiler: show
Cobalt wrote:Long Con, I'm coming for your weave this game. Image
Cobalt wrote:
Golden wrote:Sure Cobalt. What do you make of the Epi/SVS/LC situation. Throw me in there for good measure if you like.
I find Epi civvy and LC scummy, SVS is still kind of a null read. I think he kinda just got caught in the middle.

You're a decent civ vibe for right now, subject to change.
Cobalt wrote:We have like less than 8 hours from the deadline. I'm sticking with Long Con unless everyone actually decides to commit to someone else and make a case.
Cobalt wrote:Not a civ. Goodie.

Long Con tomorrow? I had to help my sister put the kids to bed cuz she's really sick, and then I got a little distracted. Wasn't around towards the end, or I probably would have moved my vote back to LC.

Anybody have anything they want me to answer, go for it.
Cobalt wrote:Fact remains that I'm coming for Long Con's head on a silver platter come the next day phase. If you want to try to come for mine, go for it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I'll start here.
Cobalt wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Long Con, I'm coming for your weave this game. Image
Long Con wrote:My... my weave? :puppy:
Some fake concerned/scared shit that he's pulling here. I found it uppity/overconfident instead of a joking tone.
Nice analysis of my post. I'm sure everyone agrees with the awesome analysis that I was "pulling some fake concerned/scared shit" and that it was not joking, but actually "uppity and overconfident". You are truly a master of reading the subtext in a two- to three-word post. I thought that I was too smart for you, and that you'd think I was just joking back at you for your own (seemingly) jokey post, but you have proven to everyone that your keen analytical skills were something that I was completely underestimating. :|
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You said you didn't know what to think about it. Why say that? Useless. Form an opinion and then state it when you have one. You had other things to say, but you decided to drop that in there and call it a "shoving match."
Yes, that's what happened. I'm glad that you can play your way and I can play my way. Makes for a richer, more fun game of Mafia. You can stay silent and form opinions and only speak when you have them, that's one way to do things. Another way to do things is to make a comment first and then observe the reactions of those who are commented about. You can learn a lot.
Nah.

I don't buy that you were doing that.
I don't buy that he was doing that either, as I already said in a previous post. He was basically saying "I talked shit and called it a shoving match to see what you would say about it", but who lays bait that specific for just one player during day 0 of the game? My post in which I talked about my previous games was a general post to see who would really point it out or come for me with it, because I wanted to see who would pick up on it or call me out on it, if anyone, to get a feel for the field a little bit.
It's good to know that YOUR posts are the genuine article for putting something out there to gauge reactions - that's how I know that you are being completely impartial and fair when you say that my own attempts to do so were not real.
Long Con wrote:I don't find anything suspicious about Gumshoe contributing to the discussion. I'm more pinged by those, like Sloonei, whose "initial reaction" was that Gum was defending Cobalt. I don't think it's likely that a baddie teammate would "jump to the rescue" so early, and for so little. He's trying to drum up a suspicion between Cobalt and Gumshoe that I don't buy. Is it that easy to catch baddies?
He picked a person that I would be pinged by for trying to drum up suspicion on me this early, like Sloonei, and the tries to make me look better? Or does that make me look worse? What angle is he playing here?
Obviously I was "playing an angle", and not just "giving my opinion" on Sloonei's posts. It must be tough for you, you're so adept at unravelling my complex web of deceit normally, and yet you can't quite figure out what angle I was playing. I'll let your mind down easy on this one" I wasn't playing an angle at all. That's why you couldn't figure it out. :faint: Mind blown.
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Long Con is still my #1 suspect, however.

His manipulation is transparent to me.
Long Con wrote:I'm not too pinged by this truce thing, and I don't know what to think about the shoving match between MP and Epig yet.
In case I haven't been clear, here is what I see is happening in this one line:

Long Con mischaracterizes and trivializes the exchange MP and I had Day 0. He quoted a bunch of posts from MP and me and called it a shoving match. He said he doesn't like the term "pissing match" (Glad he forewent "tug of war" :phew: ). Neither of those terms accurately describes what was going on there.

However, this serves the neater purpose of giving LC a place to vote if either an Epignosis or MP lynch gains momentum. He comments on it without saying anything meaningful about it (except for making it sound uglier than it is), which shows his audience that he is aware something is going on there, all the while leaving himself free to vote for either of us if the opportunity presents itself.
The "manipulation" you're seeing is only your own paranoia. I wasn't manipulating anything, I was just offering my point of view on the current goings-on.

I don't think "tug of war" is the metaphor I would use for the exchange between you and MP. I saw it more as you each confronting the other with questions that demanded answers, while the other deflects it away with a different question. It's pretty much up to any reader to decide if the "shoving match" metaphor is accurate, or way off. It describes how I read the exchange, so it's the metaphor I used.

I'm surprised by how defensive you got about it. In the last part of the quoted post, you have me voting for you and MP over this. I didn't comment on it to say it's suspicious, or even that it's unusual for the two of you. I said I don't know what to make of it, and you are reading a lot into that and feeling threatened by it. All it means is that you guys asked more questions than you gave answers, and that left some things hanging, cut off others before they could become discussions. Maybe I'll "know what to make of it" when there's more answers and opinions, and less stonewalling.
He totally goes OMGUS on Epi here and says that he's paranoid when really Epi makes a great point about how he can now commit to a MP or Epi train later on when or if the opportunity presents itself, which I also got a vibe like that from his shoving match post. Why point it out if you don't have something to think about it? (I think someone already said something to the effect of that question. Why not wait until you DO have something to think about it before posting about it? Unless you would use it to pass yourself off later?)
It's no surprise that you're kissing Epi's ass here, because he's doing most of the legwork on a task that you decided was yours from the moment you signed up to another game with me. I'm sorry if it's hard for you to get, but is IS paranoia on Epi's part to take a statement like "MP and Epi's shoving match" and turn it into a future vote or bandwagon attempt or whatever on either of them. That's all in Epi's head, I'm surprised that he got so worked up about a single mention of his name. How is it OMGUS when I call him out for jumping to frightened conclusions about a single mention of his name, and yet it's not OMGUS for him to accuse me when he THINKS that I was planning on accusing him sometime in the future? Weird, huh? Makes you think. That is, if you're interested in doing any real thinking this game, maybe you'd prefer to keep pursuing me for getting the better of you in the last game, and riding on someone else's coattails. :shrug:
Long Con wrote:Epi for his defensive reaction to the "shoving match" comment. He's turned it into an excuse to suspect and vote for him, when it was just a comment on the situation. And he's accusing me of lying about saying things to gauge reactions, when the shoving comment wasn't even the first time I did it.

The S~V~S suspicion is based on her possible buddying behaviour to me. I have seen her do this kind of thing in the past, so it stands out to me. It also seems a bit like she was choosing that "issue" to comment and offer opinion about, because it's not a direct player opinion or accusation, but it does show up as contribution. Comments on issues rather than players are an easy way for a baddie to be involved without getting their hands dirty.
If LC flips bad, I'm inclined to think S~V~S a little bit clearer. She's the other person people have expressed scum leans on, so why throw shade on one of the only other talked about scum reads in the game? As far as I know, some people are willing to lynch Long Con and some people are willing to lynch SVS. Seems like a convenient opportunity to make her look bad if people would be persuaded to vote for her.

So in conclusion, I think a lot of what Long Con says is scummy. Just on gut I got a bad vibe from him, and me saying that I was coming for his weave early in the game was a joke that turned into reality when I found he looked worse with every post he made. Yes, I still want to lynch him as some form of salty revenge for the last game when he successfully fooled me as scum, but much of my vote lies with the above-outlined analysis.
Loud and clear, chief. ;)
Long Con
So Divine

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:I do not buy the argument against LC that he in some way lied about posting for reactions and the whole "shoving match"' series of posts. More than that, I don't like it. Here is the post in which he explains himself:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:You said you didn't know what to think about it. Why say that? Useless. Form an opinion and then state it when you have one. You had other things to say, but you decided to drop that in there and call it a "shoving match."
Yes, that's what happened. I'm glad that you can play your way and I can play my way. Makes for a richer, more fun game of Mafia. You can stay silent and form opinions and only speak when you have them, that's one way to do things. Another way to do things is to make a comment first and then observe the reactions of those who are commented about. You can learn a lot.
There is no claim in here that he was searching for any particular reaction to any particular thing. These words are in response to Epi calling him out for not having fully formed opinions before posting. What LC meant with this post, I think, was simply to refute Epi's suggested strategy with his own: post things even when you're not sure why you think them, see what happens, and react.
For the record, I also thought "shoving match" was a perfectly suitable way to describe the echange between MP and Epi.
I don't want to seem like I am defending LC, it's just that there are so many facets to the case against him that I actively dislike.
Even though I have a scum read on you at the moment, I still appreciate that you made this post. So many people have just avoided commenting on the "shoving match" comment, thank you for acknowledging that you agree with the metaphor.

It may be an attempt to pocket me and gain some goodwill, but I don't want to get paranoid about that too much, especially if you are honest in your opinions... it would be foolish to disregard someone who is making sense to me. :srsnod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:I did think it was strange when Hedgeowl was talking about bandwagon votes before voting even started. I thought it was a good sentiment for me personally to have out there, since Epig and Cobalt seem to wish for a bandwagon to happen on me, but it's an odd thing to say nonetheless.

S~V~S may be trying to pocket me with her defense of the word "interesting" and attack on Epig. My lynch would end up making her look better, and my survival with her in my "good books" would be advantageous as well.

If I were making a rainbow list at this point, I'd have Sloonei, Hedgeowl, S~V~S, and Epig as slight Mafia reads, and Golden and MP as slight Civ. I guess I don't need to invoke the rainbow to just say that. I want to read back over the Gumshoe stuff to see who else seemed to be trying to cast it in a worse light than I think it is, I don't think Sloonei was the only one, just the one that stuck out to me.

Linki: Thanks, MM, good to know I can always count on your support. If you did vote, could you let us know if votes are changeable in this game? :grin:
Why do you read that as buddying you, as opposed to attacking Epignosis, which is what i was doing?
I know you're dead, so let's picture this post as me at your grave, talking to your headstone. Attacking Epignosis IS what you were doing, but that is how buddying up looks a lot of the time. It doesn't have to be you agreeing with my opinions and suspicions, it just has to be generally advocating an opinion that you knew would be parallel to my own. I've seen so much of this since I really clued into it during that game a while back (you and Canuck, you know the one), that I'm pretty sensitive to it now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why do you have me as a scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Rest in peace SVS, bummed to see you go this early. See you in the next game.

Lots of fireworks in this thread tonight.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Canucklehead wrote:Holy shit. I have a participation score of 50. I'm a leper. Don't talk to me, people. Don't even look at me lest my filth infect you.
I'M SO ASHAMED. Just let me die.

Seriously, though. How did that happen? How did I fuck up so badly? I can't even remember playing any games after RR.....
:faint: Oh man... I... I think that you will never be "batting 1000" again. That must be hard. I was scared that my poor performance as Pilate would hurt my score, but I only missed 3 votes, and the punishment line is missing 4 votes. I was releved when I looked it up. I don't know what happened to yours, true condolences to you. :hugs:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:Why do you have me as a scum read?
I laid it out in an earlier post, let me just grab it for you.
Long Con wrote:I don't find anything suspicious about Gumshoe contributing to the discussion. I'm more pinged by those, like Sloonei, whose "initial reaction" was that Gum was defending Cobalt. I don't think it's likely that a baddie teammate would "jump to the rescue" so early, and for so little. He's trying to drum up a suspicion between Cobalt and Gumshoe that I don't buy. Is it that easy to catch baddies?
Your implication that Gum and Cobalt were baddies because of a seeming defense of each other was not realistic to me. I don't think it's something that scum teammates would do so early, for so little. Baddies usually prefer to keep distance from their teammates, either not mentioning them, or declaring a slight suspicion of them. I just don't think it's likely that Gum and Cob were doing that, but you accused them of it.

That's why it looks like an attempt to drum up a phony suspicion of them - because the suspicion is based on something pretty unlikely. And Civvies just don't need to drum up phony suspicions, they need to figure out the truth. That's why I read you as a baddie for it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:I did think it was strange when Hedgeowl was talking about bandwagon votes before voting even started. I thought it was a good sentiment for me personally to have out there, since Epig and Cobalt seem to wish for a bandwagon to happen on me, but it's an odd thing to say nonetheless.

S~V~S may be trying to pocket me with her defense of the word "interesting" and attack on Epig. My lynch would end up making her look better, and my survival with her in my "good books" would be advantageous as well.

If I were making a rainbow list at this point, I'd have Sloonei, Hedgeowl, S~V~S, and Epig as slight Mafia reads, and Golden and MP as slight Civ. I guess I don't need to invoke the rainbow to just say that. I want to read back over the Gumshoe stuff to see who else seemed to be trying to cast it in a worse light than I think it is, I don't think Sloonei was the only one, just the one that stuck out to me.

Linki: Thanks, MM, good to know I can always count on your support. If you did vote, could you let us know if votes are changeable in this game? :grin:
Why do you read that as buddying you, as opposed to attacking Epignosis, which is what i was doing?
This is what was bothering me too. LC lists you and Epi as two of his suspects and it's related to how you've behaved toward him, it feels like a close-minded thought process. In addition, his suspicion of you is predicated on what will happen if he, Long Con, is lynched and flips civvie. That feels like basic level NO U-ing, right there. It's not really the type of comment I see Long Con making often.
That last sentence is funny. It's not really about the way they related to me, it just so happens that Epi and Cobalt are working hard to try and make me the focus of conversation. I would feel the same way about their posts if they were saying these things about someone else, but that's not the game we're playing right now. If the content that made me suspicious also involves me, should I avoid addressing it?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Taking a night time break for a minute, LC, what kind of food truck do you two run? If you'd rather PM me instead of answering here, that's cool, I'm just a big food truck fan, and am always amazed at the food some chefs manage to produce from such a limited space. Living as I do in a small mountain town, I've got the choice of either going to the one taco truck, or going to A&W, so I miss the big city choice factor. What's your speciality? :)
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:We have like less than 8 hours from the deadline. I'm sticking with Long Con unless everyone actually decides to commit to someone else and make a case.
:clap: What is this I don't even.

Did you really say this? What an ugly statement, it's so predatory - stick with the grudge vote, but I'll hop on a different bandwagon if everyone else does too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Why do you have me as a scum read?
I laid it out in an earlier post, let me just grab it for you.
Your implication that Gum and Cobalt were baddies because of a seeming defense of each other was not realistic to me. I don't think it's something that scum teammates would do so early, for so little. Baddies usually prefer to keep distance from their teammates, either not mentioning them, or declaring a slight suspicion of them. I just don't think it's likely that Gum and Cob were doing that, but you accused them of it.

That's why it looks like an attempt to drum up a phony suspicion of them - because the suspicion is based on something pretty unlikely. And Civvies just don't need to drum up phony suspicions, they need to figure out the truth. That's why I read you as a baddie for it.
I was not suspicious of the two of them together and I don't think I ever said that. I mentioned my initial reaction was that Gum was defending Cobalt, but I did not mean to assert that statement as an actual suggestion. Rather I meant to imply that my opinion had changed since then. I picked out that post because it was Day 0 and I wanted to start somewhere. It was not "drumming up phony suspicion", it was getting the ball rolling.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:

Did you really say this? What an ugly statement, it's so predatory - stick with the grudge vote, but I'll hop on a different bandwagon if everyone else does too.
That's not it at all. I was swayed by the case against SVS - that and the fact that she voted herself made it look really scummy. I was keeping my vote where it was unless a clearer target presented itself - which it did.

Should have been around 10 minutes earlier than I was and lynched you anyway.

I'm not gratifying your longer post with a response. It's 90% bullshit, shade-throwing and fluff that you're trying to use to discredit me.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

While I think it's a positive scenario that Hammerstein is gone, mafia is still going strong in the wings. And I think I just neglected to realize it before, but aren't 2 people most likely dying tonight?

That makes me nervous, and puts the civs at a HUGE disadvantage the longer we don't pinpoint mafia.

Couple things I noticed after skimming the past 6 pages:
-Epi reads to me as civ, whereas I originally saw him as slightly mafia/indep. He came off to me early on as the wannabe big man on campus, lots of needling, not backing down, sorta pushy and bullying. But he has spunk. He still hasn't backed down from his day 0 reads. He's still pretty sure of his reads and I'm leaning that he is worst case scenario independent, probably civ.
-LC I think has legit reasons to jump in last minute. Busy people be busy sometimes. I'm one of those people. That still doesn't vindicate him from suspicion. Although I was never wholly suspicious of him as much as I am with...
-Cobalt. Still feeling that holier-than-thou air of confidence is a red flag with his "I have a surprise" talk, on top of his ganging on LC. I feel like he's entirely too comfortable after almost dying. I'm REALLY curious as to finding out just what mafia role Cobalt could have. Could LC and Cobalt both be civ? :grin: hahaha not likely. But wouldn't it be hilarious if both are on different mafia teams?
-Still got that scummy vibe from TinyBubbles. Got a big ole eye on her (him?)
TinyBubbles wrote:Anyway, what timmer said about cobalt revenge voting makes some sense, im gonna go ahead and trust his instincts, and vote for cobalt now. Sory cobalt if you are innocent. I may just be setting myself up for an early lynching myself by doing this, but dont want to miss the vote like in last games (wont be home 10 hrs from now) dont want to vote long con because of what i said before, svs is still a mystery but he hasnt voted which makes mphim slightly less suspicious than cobalt at the moment. I actually feel like svs is mafia, but dont have anything concrete to point to
So from your initial posts, saying you generally preferred to bandwagon on Day 1 (which that by itself is either newby and/or suspicious), to being the 4th person to vote today (for Cobalt), apologizing for backtracking with the excuse that you weren't gonna be around later on, then in the same post saying you suspected that SVS was mafia, and NOT VOTING FOR HER. :mafia:

While I'm on the topic, someone else that pinged me in the last 6 pages was Sig.
sig wrote:I don't like how Cobalt switched his vote, he went after LC like crazy yet switches that seems off. I don't think SVS is mafia, but if she is voting for herself is it a tactic to not get lynched or a genuine vote? I really would rather not lynch SVS it is a gut feeling...
OK, questioning Cobalt's merits, doesn't want to mislynch SVS.
sig wrote:I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me
Uh oh, getting down to the wire. Leaning Cobalt...
sig wrote:We can't absolutely can't have a no lynch today for that reason along with others I will be voting for SVS
MAFIA IS MOST LIKELY TO TIE THE VOTE I'm very suspicious nijuukyugou right know for doing this
Suddenly, you can't have a tie, and so you lean...SVS? Because you're thinking SVS's self-vote is fishy...And then cast doubt on nijuu at the same time.
sig wrote:I have 10 minuets I will reread Cobalts and SVS posts

@Sloonie considering Dom said he has a means of deciding I'm not as worried know I just didn't want a no lynch
Now the no-lynch doesn't matter. :phew: So you'll nonchalantly "reread" their posts to see if you want to change your mind, now that you're already currently voting for SVS and not Cobalt.

Which you stick with. Cool, sticking to your guns.
Except,
you changed your vote from Cobalt to SVS to "break the tie", and when you learned that that didn't mean a no-lynch, you just hid behind the barn. Drawing attention away from Cobalt.

And immediately after SVS was lynched:
sig wrote:Quick question do the independents count as civilians against mafia or no? Some games I've played they do others they don't
Weird thing to comment about right after a lynching. What bearing does the answer to your question have on you if you are civ? We don't know what roles independents have, but i can assure you that they are not civilians. They are independent from both mafia and civilians.

I'm on to you, my friend.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:Taking a night time break for a minute, LC, what kind of food truck do you two run? If you'd rather PM me instead of answering here, that's cool, I'm just a big food truck fan, and am always amazed at the food some chefs manage to produce from such a limited space. Living as I do in a small mountain town, I've got the choice of either going to the one taco truck, or going to A&W, so I miss the big city choice factor. What's your speciality? :)
We are The Sandwich Shack! :noble: It's Black Rock's invention. Her mother has had a food truck that used to do more, but the events where it was used had fallen off in a big way over the last few years. Largely because of some government bullshit that slammed the horse racing industry with the intention of making real estate developers happy, if you wanna know more about that then I can PM you and tell you some really sad stories.

Anyways, BR was trying to get the food truck (burgers, fries, hot dogs, sausages, poutine, peameal bacon) into some events and fairs, but the menu was already being done everywhere. So, she reconceptualized it as The Sandwich Shack, offering sandwiches like:
Pulled Pork
Pulled Turkey
Reuben
Buffalo Chicken
Philly Cheesesteak
Gourmet Grilled Cheese (can add spinach and feta, pulled pork, or bacon and tomato)
Ham and Cheddar Melt
Turkey Club
Chicken Bacon Ranch
Bacon Bacon Cheddar (BR's invention too - peameal bacon, regular bacon, and cheddar cheese - so good!)

Also sides: Fresh cut fries, onion rings, perogies, sweet potato fries, deep fried pickles, spring rolls

And poutine: with mozzarella or cheese curds, can add bacon, pulled pork, philly cheesesteak, or make it 4-cheese with feta, cheddar, curds, and mozza!

It was white, but I recently painted it black and put the logo I designed on it. I think it looks pretty slick now. This is a pic from after a big multi-day fair we went to.

Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

CHICKEN BACON RANCH GIMME
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Scotty wrote:-Cobalt. Still feeling that holier-than-thou air of confidence is a red flag with his "I have a surprise" talk, on top of his ganging on LC. I feel like he's entirely too comfortable after almost dying. I'm REALLY curious as to finding out just what mafia role Cobalt could have. Could LC and Cobalt both be civ? :grin: hahaha not likely. But wouldn't it be hilarious if both are on different mafia teams?
I'm plenty comfortable. Unless they decide to night kill me, and I don't know how that works with two mafia teams, but if they want this game to turn out anything other than boring I'll survive this night phase.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:
Long Con wrote:

That's not it at all. I was swayed by the case against SVS - that and the fact that she voted herself made it look really scummy. I was keeping my vote where it was unless a clearer target presented itself - which it did.

Should have been around 10 minutes earlier than I was and lynched you anyway.

I'm not gratifying your longer post with a response. It's 90% bullshit, shade-throwing and fluff that you're trying to use to discredit me.
My longer post, though dripping with fun sarcasm, is nothing but the truth. Avoid it if you like, it's not up to you or I do deal with, I expect the rest of the thread to read it and decide for themselves. But it's only the truth about the way you have been playing so far.

Ha, so you switched your vote to S~V~S? I haven't caught up that far yet. I find that intere-- uh, I am looking forward to reading how THAT went down.

And don't worry - if you do die tonight, we still have lots of interesting people playing. :) But in all seriousness, I am enjoying playing with you, and I'm glad you came over here to play. You're cool in my books, Mr Cobalt! :noble:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:CHICKEN BACON RANCH GIMME
:slick: Hell yeah!
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

I'm sure you're fully aware that this is nothing personal.

But you're scum and I want you to die. c:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Holy damn, that's a lot of bacon to add to items! I like the sound of your grilled cheese, especially with the extras you can add. :nicenod:
My siggie.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:Ha, so you switched your vote to S~V~S? I haven't caught up that far yet. I find that intere-- uh, I am looking forward to reading how THAT went down.
DONT THINK I DIDNT SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE CUZ I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha:
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

omg, pls die.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:Still waiting on Cobalt to post some things as well. I wish I could be considering more names at this point in the Day. Too many quiet people in this game. It's all very suspicious.
I'm sorry to harp on things, Sloonei, but that last sentence just pings me, man! The post read normal to me until you said that, then it seemed like a broad scattering of suspicion on a bunch of low posters... like "Look at this, readers, don't you want to feel suspicious about them too?" Or something like that. Sorry if I am not explaining the ping properly, I hope you get what I'm saying here.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:omg, pls die.
:feb: Make me.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:I have rearranged each word that appears in my PM so that it appears only once and forms a meaningful sentence. This is what I come up with.

"Upon their death time can stop. A song cycle will follow second, be there. If they are lynched about day two, so what. Row much more than you’d think."
Wow, nice job Golden. Cool beans. So of all of the available roles, Songs for a New World is the only real song cycle there, with maaaaybe Last 5 Years. But for all intents and purposes, let's assume it's SfaNW. Brainstorming a little here. The way you've ordered these sentences come off as reactionary to something. Like, maybe if Jason Robert Brown is killed, "time will stop" and instead the Songs for a New World can take the fall instead. The last 2 sentences could just be flavor text. "Row much more than you'd think" could be a reference to traveling across the [metaphorical] ocean (which is a lyric in the title song). That would be pretty cool.

I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

timmer wrote:Holy damn, that's a lot of bacon to add to items! I like the sound of your grilled cheese, especially with the extras you can add. :nicenod:
Well, they say that Canadians love bacon, so I guess we're catering to our target market... although I think it's just people with taste buds that love bacon, so :shrug: .

We've been enjoying long line-ups at The Sandwich Shack, and many good reviews. People want something better than the usual fair fare, and this menu has been just what many are looking for. :noble:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Cobalt wrote:
Scotty wrote:-Cobalt. Still feeling that holier-than-thou air of confidence is a red flag with his "I have a surprise" talk, on top of his ganging on LC. I feel like he's entirely too comfortable after almost dying. I'm REALLY curious as to finding out just what mafia role Cobalt could have. Could LC and Cobalt both be civ? :grin: hahaha not likely. But wouldn't it be hilarious if both are on different mafia teams?
I'm plenty comfortable. Unless they decide to night kill me, and I don't know how that works with two mafia teams, but if they want this game to turn out anything other than boring I'll survive this night phase.
What in Sondheim's Grey Toupee' could you have?
Could it be a bomb of sorts?

See, this is why I want to find out role abilities. Who knows what random unique things Dom threw into each one?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Let's all pretend none of Cobalt, SVS, or Long Con are available to be lynched today. Who do we all vote for then?
I vote Hedgeowl.

But if your question went a step further and asked 'who beyond those people you have said you are suspicious of would you vote for'...

I'd choose someone who I know can be a great contributor but hasn't been, even if they are players who are normally quieter. I'm thinking probably BR, whose posts have actually pinged me just a little.
Just wanted to quote this for Black Rock, because I know she's got a great deal of catching up to do, and she'll likely skim a lot of it in order to reach the present posting time. She's been asleep for over an hour now while I catch up and dominate the thread with my reactions. :)
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote: I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
It's 88 words, counting "music-theatre-canon" as one word each time.

Re: two bad teams, usually one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights. When there's a serial killer they either do every other night or every night. I'm not sure what the independents do this game, but I'd rather not see one go if they're not dangerous, especially since Hammerstein is one of my favorites of all time.

I think Cobalt and LC are going to dominate discussion in the next day phase. Given their recent exchanges, I think Epi is wrong about them being teammates. If one of them is bad, I'd lean Cobalt right now.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:
The best part is, I actually will. :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

In fact, it almost looks like he's keeping under the radar so as not to draw too much attention to himself.
For the record, I am totally NOT into making up real life excuses for how I'm playing. Like I had said, I was going to a Sandwich Shack event today, and wouldn't be able to post for the rest of Day 1. I prefer to post, the whole process of it, especially when I'm under such scrutiny, is part of why I love Mafia. You don't know me so well yet, but believe it - if I'm going "under the radar", you're not going to get a story about an aunt's funeral or a veterinary emergency or a food truck event to cover it. I don't play that way, I don't like that kind of thing, I don't hide behind phony real life excuses. I promise you, all my real life excuses will always be actual realities. Hiding is hiding, and sometimes it needs to be done, but not like that. Not for me.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote:I think Cobalt and LC are going to dominate discussion in the next day phase. Given their recent exchanges, I think Epi is wrong about them being teammates. If one of them is bad, I'd lean Cobalt right now.
I'd like to think that we'll say a lot of what we need to say now, mostly. I don't want to dominate the next day phase.
Cobalt wrote:
Long Con wrote:
The best part is, I actually will. :haha:
Bring it! :haha:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote: I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
If you're sure about that, you have 4 more words than me.

Which tells me our messages are not identical.

I wonder if there are like 2-3 differing phrases to look out for...On another viewing, I have the word "night" and "own memory". Could be a night action, and not specifically in reference to Cats, but to all Broadway revivals..role checking is similar to memory. Maybe there's a correlation? Hmm. Any other words stand out to you in yours?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

In fact, it almost looks like he's keeping under the radar so as not to draw too much attention to himself.
I don't like this. Hard working civilians make traction. They don't go where the wind is blowing.

It reinforces my view that you and Long Con are teammates.
Oh.

That's cool. idrgaf.
No, you do give a fuck.

You're nervous. Put that vote back on Long Con or I'll burn your ass tomorrow.
Ok, now you have to admit that THAT is pretty bullying. :srsnod: :llama:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
If you're sure about that, you have 4 more words than me.

Which tells me our messages are not identical.

I wonder if there are like 2-3 differing phrases to look out for...On another viewing, I have the word "night" and "own memory". Could be a night action, and not specifically in reference to Cats, but to all Broadway revivals..role checking is similar to memory. Maybe there's a correlation? Hmm. Any other words stand out to you in yours?
I do have "Also known as", which doesn't repeat elsewhere in the message.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:
Golden wrote:I have rearranged each word that appears in my PM so that it appears only once and forms a meaningful sentence. This is what I come up with.

"Upon their death time can stop. A song cycle will follow second, be there. If they are lynched about day two, so what. Row much more than you’d think."
Wow, nice job Golden. Cool beans. So of all of the available roles, Songs for a New World is the only real song cycle there, with maaaaybe Last 5 Years. But for all intents and purposes, let's assume it's SfaNW. Brainstorming a little here. The way you've ordered these sentences come off as reactionary to something. Like, maybe if Jason Robert Brown is killed, "time will stop" and instead the Songs for a New World can take the fall instead. The last 2 sentences could just be flavor text. "Row much more than you'd think" could be a reference to traveling across the [metaphorical] ocean (which is a lyric in the title song). That would be pretty cool.

I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
Honestly, all I was hoping for was someone like Sloonei to say 'hey, I also have this other word' - or vice versa. But no-one bit at all. I couldn't turn it into anything intersting at all. I was hoping for 'death in the second row' (ie the phantom) but no 'in the'.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:Okay looked over both I will be sticking with SVS I can't get over that she voted for herself and I'm taking a gamble here but if she flips mafia I will think Cobalt is right about LC as well, if she flips Civ I would think Cobalt is mafia.
And what does her turning up Indy mean to you, following your train of thought here?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:
Gumshoe wrote:
nutella wrote:@ sloonei LC said he wouldn't be around (a factor in my picking Cobalt over him).
This caught my eye. Is this true? Because apparently he was waiting and watching the poll without posting as he swooped in last second to finish off SVS. :ponder:
That's why I want him gone.
No it's not, why would you say that, you wanted me gone for roughly 96 hours before that last-second vote. :eye:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm getting a weird vibe from LC and I can't really put my finger on it. It's like he doesn't seem LCish to me. But maybe that's because I haven't really played with him in a while (not counting Pilate which was decidedly not his usual style) and I may be projecting misremembered conceptions of his style, or maybe it's because he's been busy IRL, idk there's just been something nagging at the back of my head about all his posts so far that just feels not quite right. Obviously he's particularly on the defensive right now so maybe I am reading too much into how he's acting under pressure.

Nice sandwich truck! Needs some avocado though. :p

@Scotty what evidence do you see that there could be two kills? We don't seem to know anything about the roles or the baddie teams really, unless I'm missing something... Typically when there are two teams they kill on alternate nights (I guess you're new to the site and might not have realized that). Though it certainly could be the case that two or more roles/teams kill on the same night. There could be a civ ninja or an indie SK.

Btw I am voting to read the book.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:That's why I want him gone ESPECIALLY now.
Oh, ok! :rolleyes:

Sorry, just responding to things that catch my eye as I'm catching up. You were already questioned in the manner that my previous post questioned you, so it's not so relevant that I have to do it again.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote:I'm getting a weird vibe from LC and I can't really put my finger on it. It's like he doesn't seem LCish to me. But maybe that's because I haven't really played with him in a while (not counting Pilate which was decidedly not his usual style) and I may be projecting misremembered conceptions of his style, or maybe it's because he's been busy IRL, idk there's just been something nagging at the back of my head about all his posts so far that just feels not quite right. Obviously he's particularly on the defensive right now so maybe I am reading too much into how he's acting under pressure.
That's the second time you've said my posts are off in some way. I'm feeling quite LCish in my posting so far this game, so I'll just say I disagree with your assessment of me. So vague too! And yeah, Pilate was... a genuine departure from any "style" I have used before. The fact that I won that game just tickles me.
Nice sandwich truck! Needs some avocado though. :p
I'll talk to BR about that possibility - avocado is trendy these days!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Gumshoe wrote:I just want to mention, regarding the LC stealth vote, that it's not him voting SVS at the end that stands out to me. It was him or her. Everyone would want to save themselves, good or bad. However, if he really claimed he wouldn't be around and didn't post at all leading up to the ending of the poll when people would have loved to hear from one of the top suspects - the fact that he WAS around during that time is very fishy.
Just to reiterate - the story I told about asking the time two minutes before the vote was over, and logging in on my phone to vote, and seeing a tie that I was part of... is all true. It's truly the way it happened, and I'm lucky to have not missed the vote entirely. I was not following the thread at the time I voted.

Return to “Previous Jobs”