Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: [Night 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'll make it plain for Cobe Bryant.

You had your chance to lynch Long Con. You didn't take it.

You gave a real life excuse for not voting Long Con (which I don't care about and no one should because you could have left your vote where it was).

You pledge your vote to Long Con at Night.

You try to make yourself seem threatening, which, let's be real, ain't happening. :)

Come on now. ;)
Cobalt wrote:Fact remains that I'm coming for Long Con's head on a silver platter come the next day phase. If you want to try to come for mine, go for it.
No, no no.

You had your chance. I don't care what you do at this point. If Long Con is bad, you get no credit for it.

And yes, I'm coming for yours.
You're kind of a dick. But I don't really care. I'm going for Long Con anyway. So I missed my chance, sorry.
He'll grow on you. Or something. I love/hate the bastard for all his quirky and jerky ways. :nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

All caught up now, and it's time for bed. I'll vote Yes in the poll at this time, because Dom said not voting is like voting No, and I don't like that connection. Sorry for all the posts in the last couple of hours, hope you read them!
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

^ ok i haven't totally caught up, but i voted yes in the poll too since i'm curious about what Dom planned for it. and RIP Svs and sorry for calling you He ! didn't realise you were a girl, wish this forum would list genders under your avatar >_>
will post more later
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bullzeye »

Aww man I can't believe I missed the vote. I'm so sorry. I was out basically all day, some friends of mine came back to campus for a bit and it was a nice day so we spent it drinking by the lake. I'd say who I would've voted for but tbh I don't even know, need to catch up! Voting yes tonight, I love a good book. But then who doesn't, really?
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:
Cobalt wrote:That's why I want him gone ESPECIALLY now.
Oh, ok! :rolleyes:

Sorry, just responding to things that catch my eye as I'm catching up. You were already questioned in the manner that my previous post questioned you, so it's not so relevant that I have to do it again.
Good cuz I'm tired of people doing that.

-glares at timmer-
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:That said, I'm moving my vote to SVS for now, as it doesn't seem that Long Con is gaining any traction, Epi.

In fact, it almost looks like he's keeping under the radar so as not to draw too much attention to himself.
I don't like this. Hard working civilians make traction. They don't go where the wind is blowing.

It reinforces my view that you and Long Con are teammates.
Oh.

That's cool. idrgaf.
No, you do give a fuck.

You're nervous. Put that vote back on Long Con or I'll burn your ass tomorrow.
Ok, now you have to admit that THAT is pretty bullying. :srsnod: :llama:
Oooooo, I actually missed that Epi post. :eye:

Not bullying, just threatening.

I would have put it back if I saw him say that. I was busy. :/
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Long Con wrote:
timmer wrote:Holy damn, that's a lot of bacon to add to items! I like the sound of your grilled cheese, especially with the extras you can add. :nicenod:
Well, they say that Canadians love bacon, so I guess we're catering to our target market... although I think it's just people with taste buds that love bacon, so :shrug: .
I am a Canadian endowed with voluptuous taste buds. You know my feelings on bacon already, sir. :srsnod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Still waiting on Cobalt to post some things as well. I wish I could be considering more names at this point in the Day. Too many quiet people in this game. It's all very suspicious.
I'm sorry to harp on things, Sloonei, but that last sentence just pings me, man! The post read normal to me until you said that, then it seemed like a broad scattering of suspicion on a bunch of low posters... like "Look at this, readers, don't you want to feel suspicious about them too?" Or something like that. Sorry if I am not explaining the ping properly, I hope you get what I'm saying here.
i am naturally wary of anyone who is quiet all the time. but that sentence was not 100% serious. i was mostly just expressing my frustration with the lack of participation from half the players. There were only a handful of people who were active yesterday, and like 20 quiet people.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Golden wrote:I have rearranged each word that appears in my PM so that it appears only once and forms a meaningful sentence. This is what I come up with.

"Upon their death time can stop. A song cycle will follow second, be there. If they are lynched about day two, so what. Row much more than you’d think."
Wow, nice job Golden. Cool beans. So of all of the available roles, Songs for a New World is the only real song cycle there, with maaaaybe Last 5 Years. But for all intents and purposes, let's assume it's SfaNW. Brainstorming a little here. The way you've ordered these sentences come off as reactionary to something. Like, maybe if Jason Robert Brown is killed, "time will stop" and instead the Songs for a New World can take the fall instead. The last 2 sentences could just be flavor text. "Row much more than you'd think" could be a reference to traveling across the [metaphorical] ocean (which is a lyric in the title song). That would be pretty cool.

I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
Honestly, all I was hoping for was someone like Sloonei to say 'hey, I also have this other word' - or vice versa. But no-one bit at all. I couldn't turn it into anything intersting at all. I was hoping for 'death in the second row' (ie the phantom) but no 'in the'.
I haven't done a super close analysis of my PM, but (like I already said) everything you've stated about yours also seems to be true about mine. I'll take another look and see if any of the particular details are unique.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Shit and fuck....sorry guys, i messed up missing that vote last night. Unfortunately, real life took precedence and I will not apologise for that.

I had hedgeowl, cobalt and SVS in my sights, so I probably would have ended up voting for SVS also seeing as she got the most votes. Cobalt is still very much on my radar and I am hoping to now get the time to go back and analyse posts more carefully.

What is the deal with Epi? Is this just how he plays or...?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote:@Scotty what evidence do you see that there could be two kills? We don't seem to know anything about the roles or the baddie teams really, unless I'm missing something... Typically when there are two teams they kill on alternate nights (I guess you're new to the site and might not have realized that). Though it certainly could be the case that two or more roles/teams kill on the same night. There could be a civ ninja or an indie SK.
I've never seen multiple mafia teams before, and I got my info from this:
http://www.princeton.edu/~sucharit/~maf ... m#multiple families

I realize that my paranoia is usually founded on facts that may or may not be true. Thanks for clarifying!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

nutella wrote:I'm getting a weird vibe from LC and I can't really put my finger on it. It's like he doesn't seem LCish to me. But maybe that's because I haven't really played with him in a while (not counting Pilate which was decidedly not his usual style) and I may be projecting misremembered conceptions of his style, or maybe it's because he's been busy IRL, idk there's just been something nagging at the back of my head about all his posts so far that just feels not quite right. Obviously he's particularly on the defensive right now so maybe I am reading too much into how he's acting under pressure.

Nice sandwich truck! Needs some avocado though. :p

@Scotty what evidence do you see that there could be two kills? We don't seem to know anything about the roles or the baddie teams really, unless I'm missing something... Typically when there are two teams they kill on alternate nights (I guess you're new to the site and might not have realized that). Though it certainly could be the case that two or more roles/teams kill on the same night. There could be a civ ninja or an indie SK.

Btw I am voting to read the book.
If you have any sandwiches suggestions I am open. My staff might kill me if I make my menu any bigger though. :blush:

I am so sorry about my lack of communication day 1. I tried to post a couple of times. I forgot to press submit once and came back 12 hours later to see my post sitting there and then it got caught up in linkitis and then I failed. That's what I get for rushing about. My schedule is a lot more open for the next couple of weeks so I will have time for Mafia.

I would have likely voted for Cobalt in the lynch. I'm not used to his style but I find it hard to take his suspicions seriously. I hadn't really suspected SVS, if I had seen her self vote I would have suspected her less, I have seen her do that recently and it wasn't a baddie mood. I haven't read the whole lead up to lynch yet but if she self voted she was likely frustrated, that's a shame.

Bass seems more involved this game. I think somewhere back there he was pointing at SVS for style change while he himself seems to be going through a transition. I am putting him on my watch list.

I will say (and this is all I'm saying about LC at this time) he was telling the truth. We got our asses handed to us last night. The only time we didn't have 50 people lined up was when we closed. We had about 10 minutes of heavy downpour and they still stood in line.

I'm mostly going by memory of what I have read the past two days so if I got some things wrong I am sorry...

I think Golden brought up Hedgeowl and I do what to look more into what he was saying there and where it went from there. I will be looking more seriously at Cobalt and I will read LC. I also want to look an nutella and TH. nutella because some of her earlier day 1 posts seemed too agreeable and TH because.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:Okay looked over both I will be sticking with SVS I can't get over that she voted for herself and I'm taking a gamble here but if she flips mafia I will think Cobalt is right about LC as well, if she flips Civ I would think Cobalt is mafia.
And what does her turning up Indy mean to you, following your train of thought here?

Well I would say this provides not much information at all, which isn't looking good for CObalt imo. We don't know what SVS role was it could have been more in favor of town or against town but this would be guess work. Her turning Indy could explain why people found her suspicious, but if Cobalt and LC are both mafia then they could have both gone after her knowing she wasn't mafia. I find it interesting Cobalt is saying LC must be guilty since he voted against SVS, even though CObalt did the same. SVS wasn't scum per say this along with Cobalts posting in general and his switch from LC to SVS makes me suspicious of him. My thought on LC are the same (Ieaning mafia).
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hey Sig, could you please respond to Scotty's suspicions in this post?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 00#p153012
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Yes pls

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote:
While I'm on the topic, someone else that pinged me in the last 6 pages was Sig.
sig wrote:I don't like how Cobalt switched his vote, he went after LC like crazy yet switches that seems off. I don't think SVS is mafia, but if she is voting for herself is it a tactic to not get lynched or a genuine vote? I really would rather not lynch SVS it is a gut feeling...
OK, questioning Cobalt's merits, doesn't want to mislynch SVS.
sig wrote:I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me
Uh oh, getting down to the wire. Leaning Cobalt...
sig wrote:We can't absolutely can't have a no lynch today for that reason along with others I will be voting for SVS
MAFIA IS MOST LIKELY TO TIE THE VOTE I'm very suspicious nijuukyugou right know for doing this
Suddenly, you can't have a tie, and so you lean...SVS? Because you're thinking SVS's self-vote is fishy...And then cast doubt on nijuu at the same time.
sig wrote:I have 10 minuets I will reread Cobalts and SVS posts

@Sloonie considering Dom said he has a means of deciding I'm not as worried know I just didn't want a no lynch
Now the no-lynch doesn't matter. :phew: So you'll nonchalantly "reread" their posts to see if you want to change your mind, now that you're already currently voting for SVS and not Cobalt.

Which you stick with. Cool, sticking to your guns.
Except,
you changed your vote from Cobalt to SVS to "break the tie", and when you learned that that didn't mean a no-lynch, you just hid behind the barn. Drawing attention away from Cobalt.

And immediately after SVS was lynched:
sig wrote:Quick question do the independents count as civilians against mafia or no? Some games I've played they do others they don't
Weird thing to comment about right after a lynching. What bearing does the answer to your question have on you if you are civ? We don't know what roles independents have, but i can assure you that they are not civilians. They are independent from both mafia and civilians.

I'm on to you, my friend.
As I said Cobalt always seems like mafia to me and the games I've played with him he never is so I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

On websites I play on a tie vote equals a no lynch so a wasted first day, with this logic it makes sense that I would view nijuu suspicious as she was bringing it closer to a tied vote. I found the self lynch vote suspicious and I gave my reasoning behind it.

Also I never voted for Cobalt I didn't switch my vote SVS was my first and only vote, so did you misunderstand or are you trying to throw suspicion on me your either lying or have your facts wrong.

This question has a lot of bearing if the independent count as civilians then the mafia is one up, if this was the case I would be more suspicious of Cobalt for his vote switching. As well as the fact that it is good to know our numbers since I've played games were the independents do count as town and some where they do not, I don't see how this is suspicious. Also if I was mafia why would I ask this question on the thread and not in mafia chat?

Your falsehood about my voting as well as what your "pings" are is very strange, what do you Scotty think about the SVS lynch? WHat do you think of CObalt switching votes? How did I draw attention away from CObalt?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What about SVS's self-vote was "fishy" enough to make you choose her instead of Cobalt?
What do you mean by "independents counting as civilians", and why would that have any bearing on your read of Cobalt?
I do not like your WIFOM at the end of that post either.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:As I said Cobalt always seems like mafia to me and the games I've played with him he never is so I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

On websites I play on a tie vote equals a no lynch so a wasted first day, with this logic it makes sense that I would view nijuu suspicious as she was bringing it closer to a tied vote. I found the self lynch vote suspicious and I gave my reasoning behind it.

Also I never voted for Cobalt I didn't switch my vote SVS was my first and only vote, so did you misunderstand or are you trying to throw suspicion on me your either lying or have your facts wrong.

This question has a lot of bearing if the independent count as civilians then the mafia is one up, if this was the case I would be more suspicious of Cobalt for his vote switching. As well as the fact that it is good to know our numbers since I've played games were the independents do count as town and some where they do not, I don't see how this is suspicious. Also if I was mafia why would I ask this question on the thread and not in mafia chat?

Your falsehood about my voting as well as what your "pings" are is very strange, what do you Scotty think about the SVS lynch? WHat do you think of CObalt switching votes? How did I draw attention away from CObalt?
Keep in mind my predilections of you as mafia as I was reading on the train after work were mostly in part to my assumption that Cobalt is probably bad. You didn't physically vote for Cobalt, yes, but your posts were heavily leaning that way [to me]. And when it came down to it, when people were starting to vote for the top 3, you chalked it up to "ehhhh, cobalt always appears mafia, he probably isn't this game." Thus indirectly casting suspicion elsewhere.

What do I think about the SVS lynch?
I think it wasn't bad, it wasn't good. Independents have their own win conditions, so it was probably good for the other independents, if my theory of that PM puzzle with the 3/4 lyricists was any indication.

Cobalt switching votes?
Cobalt has seemed fishy for me before that anyway, so I think he should and will get flak for switching votes like that.

Drawing attention away from Cobalt?
You questioned him multiple times on his comings and goings, including the vote switch. He stuck with voting for SVS, which if I were suspicious of a person changing votes, I would definitely wonder why that person was voting the other person. Cobalt said he was going to vote SVS because LC didn't have any traction. You know, saving himself, getting the best chance to vote someone out other than himself. A fishy bandwagon vote. So logically, you ended up looking past that and voting SVS as well. Yes, you stated that SVS voting herself seemed like a mafia-like move, but the Cobalt switch and you not changing your vote to Cobalt or even really talking about it again in the 10 minutes before the polls closed subtly tells me you might be covering Co.

Honestly, sig, I was putting my feelers out because of my impulse read on Cobalt. If Cobalt does turn out to be civ, I will drop all of this suspicion I've thrown on you and apologize, but I'm still leaning heavy mafia on him.

I mean do you think he is mafia at this point?

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote:What about SVS's self-vote was "fishy" enough to make you choose her instead of Cobalt?
What do you mean by "independents counting as civilians", and why would that have any bearing on your read of Cobalt?

What does WIFOM mean?

So there are 17civlians 4 independents 3 mafia team A 4 mafia Team B, the mafia has to outnumber the town to win so that means only 3/2 town players left for a mafia win. This doesn't include independents if independents count as town there are 21 people and added four which is at least 4 additional phases. If independents count as Towns every independent killed is bad for the town and good for mafia, if we say Cobalt is mafia then switching to SVS who was an independent is bad for the town, if the independents don't count toward the town this wasn't bad for the town. So if SVS counts toward civilians then this was a bad lynch. Cobalt pushed this lynch if he is mafia then he knew SVS wasn't mafia thus switching to a town/independent.
Again already answered your first question here it is.

@ Sloonei I've played with someone who would always vote for themselves after to many people became suspicious I don't think it is a good mafia method but one person has in the past fooled me bydoing that and I've seen two others do the same, it is a mindgame which always makes me think they are mafia trying to make themselves seem like civilians.

@Scott okay I misunderstood, I was heavily leaning towards lynching Cobalt, but like I said I thought he was mafia last game and he was a civilian he usually has good reads so I was hesitant to lynch him when someone else was in my mind equally if not slightly more suspicious.

At this point I'm not sure what to think of Cobalt I still have him down as heavily suspicious, but i'm not going to go into day 2 voting for him. I want to see Cobalt offer opinions/suspicions on other players besides LC I don't like that he is tunneling LC, but I'm not sure if he is mafia or just very focused. Tunneling a player seems like a bad way for the mafia to act since when said player flips civilian the spot light is on them. However, if CObalt doesn't offer thoughts on other players and stops with the non caring about getting lynched I could support a Cobalt lynch. If he flips mafia we are good, if he flips town we are even better. Flipping town would lead me to believe his few earlier reads were right such as hi s LC tunneling, while flipping mafia would make LC more clean.

So as of right know he would be my number one.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:Keep in mind my predilections of you as mafia as I was reading on the train after work were mostly in part to my assumption that Cobalt is probably bad. You didn't physically vote for Cobalt, yes, but your posts were heavily leaning that way [to me]. And when it came down to it, when people were starting to vote for the top 3, you chalked it up to "ehhhh, cobalt always appears mafia, he probably isn't this game." Thus indirectly casting suspicion elsewhere.
I normally caution against suspicion stemming from an assumption about another player's alignment like this. I am leaning scum on Cobalt as well, but I can't assume that he is, and thus I can't assume that sig's behavior in relation to Cobalt involves two scum players interacting with one another.
If we lynch a scum player, then it's crucial to analyse how they interacted with/were interacted with by other players.
Drawing attention away from Cobalt?
You questioned him multiple times on his comings and goings, including the vote switch. He stuck with voting for SVS, which if I were suspicious of a person changing votes, I would definitely wonder why that person was voting the other person. Cobalt said he was going to vote SVS because LC didn't have any traction. You know, saving himself, getting the best chance to vote someone out other than himself. A fishy bandwagon vote. So logically, you ended up looking past that and voting SVS as well. Yes, you stated that SVS voting herself seemed like a mafia-like move, but the Cobalt switch and you not changing your vote to Cobalt or even really talking about it again in the 10 minutes before the polls closed subtly tells me you might be covering Co.

Honestly, sig, I was putting my feelers out because of my impulse read on Cobalt. If Cobalt does turn out to be civ, I will drop all of this suspicion I've thrown on you and apologize, but I'm still leaning heavy mafia on him.

I mean do you think he is mafia at this point?
Having said what I just said, why would Cobalt being town exonerate sig? I think Sig's behavior looks fishy on its own merits. The way he changed from Cobalt to SVS seemed like an opportunistic hop on to a bandwagon, and I did not get genuine vibes from his posts about trying to decide between those two (this one and this one in particular). Regardless of Cobalt's alignment, I got the impression that sig was just there to ensure that somebody got lynched, but that he did not really care who.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Psst, Sig, cut it out, you're blowing our cover!

COBALT: (Dramatic eye roll, exit DSL)
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Wait, I just realized the downside of making my civ game scummy this time around.

Both teams might think I'm on the other team. :omg:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What about SVS's self-vote was "fishy" enough to make you choose her instead of Cobalt?

What does WIFOM mean?
Wine In Front Of Me, comes from this scene:

basically any endless circling argument, like your "Why would I do this if I was scum?" remark.
So there are 17civlians 4 independents 3 mafia team A 4 mafia Team B, the mafia has to outnumber the town to win so that means only 3/2 town players left for a mafia win. This doesn't include independents if independents count as town there are 21 people and added four which is at least 4 additional phases. If independents count as Towns every independent killed is bad for the town and good for mafia, if we say Cobalt is mafia then switching to SVS who was an independent is bad for the town, if the independents don't count toward the town this wasn't bad for the town. So if SVS counts toward civilians then this was a bad lynch. Cobalt pushed this lynch if he is mafia then he knew SVS wasn't mafia thus switching to a town/independent.
I'm used to playing games where Independents (we call them Rogues on my site) count the same as townies in terms of scum win conditions, but they're not "counted as civilians" in that they're not civilians. So lynching an indie/rogue is always a good thing and I would not worry about it.
Again already answered your first question here it is.

@ Sloonei I've played with someone who would always vote for themselves after to many people became suspicious I don't think it is a good mafia method but one person has in the past fooled me bydoing that and I've seen two others do the same, it is a mindgame which always makes me think they are mafia trying to make themselves seem like civilians.
So you cast your vote for SVS entirely because of another player you know who's not in this game?
@Scott okay I misunderstood, I was heavily leaning towards lynching Cobalt, but like I said I thought he was mafia last game and he was a civilian he usually has good reads so I was hesitant to lynch him when someone else was in my mind equally if not slightly more suspicious.

At this point I'm not sure what to think of Cobalt I still have him down as heavily suspicious, but i'm not going to go into day 2 voting for him. I want to see Cobalt offer opinions/suspicions on other players besides LC I don't like that he is tunneling LC, but I'm not sure if he is mafia or just very focused. Tunneling a player seems like a bad way for the mafia to act since when said player flips civilian the spot light is on them. However, if CObalt doesn't offer thoughts on other players and stops with the non caring about getting lynched I could support a Cobalt lynch. If he flips mafia we are good, if he flips town we are even better. Flipping town would lead me to believe his few earlier reads were right such as hi s LC tunneling, while flipping mafia would make LC more clean.

So as of right know he would be my number one.
Would you be able to point out any similarities between the way Cobalt is playing this game and the way he normally plays as town? I've been calling him a suspect for a while now, but I know next to nothing about how he plays the game. If what he's doing is just his normal business, I'll have to reconsider.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:Wait, I just realized the downside of making my civ game scummy this time around.

Oh, so you've been intentionally scummy? Never mind, I'll just drop my entire suspicion then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Wait, I just realized the downside of making my civ game scummy this time around.

Oh, so you've been intentionally scummy? Never mind, I'll just drop my entire suspicion then.
Well now that's no fun. :meany:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Well now that's no fun. :meany:
What strategic advantages do you see in being intentionally scummy as town?
What strategic disadvantages do you see? How would you rate your performance so far this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sorry everyone for not voting I got super drunk yesterday and forgot. I would have voted Cobalt he never addressed any of the points he made he commented on one thing I said and I think he was wrong about what he commented on, but I will have to go back and look to make sure.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Sorry everyone for not voting I got super drunk yesterday and forgot. I would have voted Cobalt he never addressed any of the points he made he commented on one thing I said and I think he was wrong about what he commented on, but I will have to go back and look to make sure.
Who would you say are the next scummiest players ever after Cobalt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I always like to get some negative attention when I'm a Civ - keeps the baddies from wanting to kill me a little bit.

Cobalt's claim that he's doing that on purpose is sudden and jarring, and I'd say it's a response to the large amount of suspicion he has received of late.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I understand and even believe in the strategy of drawing suspicion as town to avoid being killed to a certain extent. If it starts to hinder your play as a townie then it becomes much more of a problem than a benefit.
I was asking Cobalt there more to gauge his philosophy as it relates to his posts in this game than anything else. I'd invte everyone to answer all my questions, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Sloonei wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Sorry everyone for not voting I got super drunk yesterday and forgot. I would have voted Cobalt he never addressed any of the points he made he commented on one thing I said and I think he was wrong about what he commented on, but I will have to go back and look to make sure.
I just caught up, but when I was reading I kept getting this bad vibe from LC I want to go over all his post like I did with Cobalt and get a better read on him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Everyone seems to be pointing to something being off about Long Con, but I still don't really see it at all. I know a few cases have been made about him, and I've stated why I do not like them. it still feels like a very vagie suspicion without much substance. Can anyone point to some specific reasons why they think Long Con is scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Just vibes and feelings is what I mostly read.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

From which posts do these vibes and feelings stem?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sloonei wrote:From which posts do these vibes and feelings stem?
Oh I have no idea, they aren't mine. I should have been more specific. That's mostly what I have read, I have no real suspicion of LC.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ah, fair deal. I would ask that question to everyone who has expressed suspicion of Long Con, though.

What are some of your reads right now, Black Rock?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I have some suspicion of Cobalt, he is new to me but he seems to be basing his LC suspicion on a different game and some things he says seem off.

I'm watching Bass as well.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I just caught up, but when I was reading I kept getting this bad vibe from LC I want to go over all his post like I did with Cobalt and get a better read on him.
This post in particular seems like he's trying to fit in. Just didn't seem right.

Otherwise I have to take the time to go back and read, which I haven't done yet but I plan on doing that when the kids go to bed.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

@Sloonei I have been fooled by one player and have seen three others try this, maybe it was bad to us past experience from other players, but in a close call that stood out to me, I won't say what I did was wrong it is a tactic I've seen mafia us.

You also make it sound like I'm the only person who wasn't sure who to vote for, this wasn't the case. I've already said these things and this is just rehashing.

Cobalt doesn't usually Tunnel or change votes the way he did, this is suspicious. He always has the confrontational if you lynch me it is your fault attitude. He will also argue as aggressively as he is.
The only big difference I'm seeing is the vote switch without good reasoning and the extreme tunneling of LC he will tunnel some, but not this much his other behavior is the same.

@TIny you mentioned earlier that you would make a post about your thoughts, when you do this please included your views of Cobalt, and LC
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

We could use an appearance from Tiny. His(her?) silence is pretty suspicious.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

There are plenty of others whose silence I'm more suspicious of than Tiny.

BWT, bullz, devin (who really hasn't posted much other than the joky posts on day one), dream, splints, neverwhere. And it's nice to see BR back, but I hope she catches up and gives some thoughts.

Of everyone who is quiet, TB and DF seem most like their normal selves.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Two
Lights up on a pub. Enter EPGINOSIS. He sits on a stool.

EPIGNOSIS: Barkeep?

Silence.

EPIGNOSIS: ...Hello?

Enter and exit multiple members of the ENSEMBLE

The lighting fixture above Epignosis sways, sways, and snaps, killing Epignosis.

Enter Ensemble. Gasp.
Enter Singer.

SINGER:
Life can be bright in civilian life
If you can fight with civilians right
Life is all right in civilian life
If you've got nothing to hide
Here you are free and you have pride
Long as you protect civvies on your side
Free to go after any baddie you choose
Free to make sure all of them lose

Everywhere grime in the mafia
Organized crime in the mafia (duh)
Terrible time in the mafia
Don’t forget Cobalt’s in the mafia
I think I'll go back to the thread
Build up cases ‘til the mafia’s dead
All the civs will give big cheers
When they’re alive at endgame to hear.

Epignosis has been killed. It is now day. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Re: BoB Mafia Polls

Post by Dom »

Do you want to read from a book?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes
Metalmarsh89 (2), Sloonei (3), Cobalt (4), nijuukyugou (6), sig (7), Golden (8), Gumshoe (9), timmer (10), Scotty (12), DFaraday (13), nutella (14), Long Con (15), TinyBubbles (16), Bullzeye (17), Canucklehead (18), Neverwhere (19), Black Rock (20), Bass_the_Clever (21), fingersplints (22) 86%
No
Epignosis (5) 5%
Maybe [dead/non]
Dom (1), JaggedJimmyJay (11) 9%
Total votes : 22
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

And...not surprised.

Exit stage right. Again.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

I'm kind of surprised.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:@Sloonei I have been fooled by one player and have seen three others try this, maybe it was bad to us past experience from other players, but in a close call that stood out to me, I won't say what I did was wrong it is a tactic I've seen mafia us.

You also make it sound like I'm the only person who wasn't sure who to vote for, this wasn't the case. I've already said these things and this is just rehashing.

Cobalt doesn't usually Tunnel or change votes the way he did, this is suspicious. He always has the confrontational if you lynch me it is your fault attitude. He will also argue as aggressively as he is.
The only big difference I'm seeing is the vote switch without good reasoning and the extreme tunneling of LC he will tunnel some, but not this much his other behavior is the same.

@TIny you mentioned earlier that you would make a post about your thoughts, when you do this please included your views of Cobalt, and LC
You say aggressive arguing is a hallmark of townie Cobalt, but one of the things I've been most swayed by is a lack of aggression in his responses to me. However, he explained earlier that he "doesn't feel threatened by me", which is actually something I can believe. I take a very unaccusatory approach to the game. It's not completely cleared him in my eyes by any means, but I at least found it to be a believable response for a townie to give.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My vote is on sig to start the day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:I'm kind of surprised.
epi has died night 1 in both of the games i've played with him. this needs to stop.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

we've all got some interesting books to read.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

votes are not changeable in this poll. i hope i do not end up regretting this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:SINGER:
Life can be bright in civilian life
If you can fight with civilians right
Life is all right in civilian life
If you've got nothing to hide
Here you are free and you have pride
Long as you protect civvies on your side
Free to go after any baddie you choose
Free to make sure all of them lose

Everywhere grime in the mafia
Organized crime in the mafia (duh)
Terrible time in the mafia
Don’t forget Cobalt’s in the mafia
I think I'll go back to the thread
Build up cases ‘til the mafia’s dead
All the civs will give big cheers
When they’re alive at endgame to hear.

Epignosis has been killed. It is now day. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
ANITA
Life can be bright in America

BOYS
If you can fight in America

GIRLS
Life is all right in America

Looks like Epi was West Side Story. That sucks.

Return to “Previous Jobs”