The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:RIP and WB Epig! Sorry to see ya go, MP!

@DOM, if the death post appears to be written to the tune of West Side Story, does that mean Epig 1.0 was West Side Story? Is there a direct link between tune and role?
There's a reason it's there, but I can't confirm why or why not.
Scotty wrote:So before I cast a vote on who I currently suspect, I want to hear from all the crew that are apparently still in this game but are currently backstage sleeping together on the Equity cot.
@BirdwithTeeth11
@Bullzeye
@Devin
@Canucklehead
@Dream
@fingersplints
@MetalMarsh89 (I KNOW you're here, I see you voting on shit)
@TGG

And welcome to the game, Epi 2.0. Wonder if your strategy is going to be any different.

I guess @Dom the fact that Epi was allowed back in means his first role didn't have any special abilities that would give him more knowledge in the game? Because that would be, you know, unfair.
I have everything covered.
nutella wrote:Dom: the poll appears to be 24 hours long -- mistake?
Yes. :noble:
Cobalt wrote:
Dom wrote:MovingPictures07 has been replaced by Epignosis (2.0).

Epignosis cannot be lynched today.
Wait, what kind of system allows someone who dies to sub back into the game as a different role?

What even? Like, that's FOREIGN to me. How is that allowed?
It's fairly common practice here.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

The poll will end tomorrow at 10:15PM Eastern Time
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm back!

Time to catch up and see what's going on.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Actually I'm too tired to catch up now, but it's nice to see I'm still alive (in more ways than one).

Just make sure I die early in Guess Who, and the marmot will come back! :kadaj:
Then he just votes for LC without reason. Drive-by bandwagon hits again!
WTF? :suspish: Maybe his role requires him to pick someone on Day One and tunnel-vote them until they're dead? Or maybe he'll come back in with a case. The Day 1 vote was not outrageous (though you'd think he'd be a little grateful that he won the last game on my grace alone), but this Day 2 instant vote is another flavour altogether. I'm already tired of being "centre stage" while a bunch of players are playing bit parts.

Maybe Metalmarsh was forced to vote me last night by someone funny, and so he's doing it early to signal that.

The Book PM that I got correlates to what has been said in the thread.

It's pretty sketchy that Cobalt came right out and claimed a frame-up job for the Epignosis kill. I was also feeling like it was a frame-up of me, since Epi was after me as well, but I thought it would be best to wait and see how OTHER people react... wait until someone accused one of us of the kill, wait to see who slides in and supports the accusation while staying mostly on the sidelines of the conversation... to try and figure out who the framer is. Instead, Cobalt pre-empted that possibility by blurting "frame-up!" as soon as he could. Cobalt's supposed to be a really smart player, so I doubt that this opportunity to get a short list that most likely contains a baddie wouldn't occur to him. So, that's suspicious to me, it looks like he did the kill with the plan to claim the frame, killing two birds with one stone.

As for non-Cobalt players on the list, I recall having some suspicion of TinyBubbles and Bass during my last read-through, but I'll have to reread to lay it out for you. I just woke up and my mind is still a bit foggy.

Oh, and welcome back Epi, it's just not the same without you. :nicenod:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Image
Well there you go. Who killed you, Epi?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Compared to the Economics game, where Bass was scum, I am getting moderate townie vibes from his posts here.

glad to see i have my vote back. I'll put it on sig again if dom tells me i have to, but if not i'm gonna hold onto it until the end again. it's still on sig in spirit and i'll get to my case soon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Actually I'm too tired to catch up now, but it's nice to see I'm still alive (in more ways than one).

this post caught my eye because i literally just used the exact same excuse in a game where I was scum. said i was "too tired"' to catch up so that i could prolong my silence. i am still not completely familiar with mm as a player, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

Sorry to be so absent, but am on a family trip this weekend at an event and haven't found much free time. I will be home late Sunday evening and be back to normal then.

I haven't caught up but wanted to post that I voted 18 and also got the Broadway overrated single most role check one, so not sure if that corresponded to Goldens numbers, but there it is.

Not shocked at all about Epi being killed. Happens so often when he is civ, but two mafia team def confuses the issue. I do think if LC is bad his team would not NK Epi, so leaning towards the set-up more so there.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

sig (whoa this page is a lot easier to use and look at on my laptop)

My focus was initially drawn to sig by Scotty's post Night 1. I had a look at sig's posts and was a bit surprised by how few of them there were. To me that's usually a bad sign for a player, as it seemed like sig had been around the game more, which gives me the idea that maybe he's "wallflowering", to borrow a term I've seen others use in this game.
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fashionably late to the party yet again. I picked 10 because it was still there. Most generic number here

Also, YAY GAME!!!

Also, also, MP: 1 Day truce?

The very fact that you want a 1 Day truce indicates to me that you possibly could be hiding something.
A day one truce would be more beneficently for the mafia imo. If each mafia team can kill and if any independents have kill stocks we could be down without any information on day one.
@MovingPictures07 why do you think a day one truce would be good?
This is his first game-related post and he's already guilty of the much maligned "talking about issues instead of players" sin. While I don't think that's an entirely reliable line of casing, it did catch my eye in this particular instance because I do not really get where he's coming from and it seems like he's reaching too far to maybe introduce the beginnings of a suspicion against the players involved in the "Day 1 truce" thing (speaking of which, that episode did raise some alarms for me. I was hoping MP would post more before I commented on it, but). Would you be able to explain what your reasoning was when you made this post, sig? How seriously did you take the talk about a Day 1 truce between MP and Devin? Did you think we were at risk of an abundance of Day 1 truces?
sig wrote:I don't see SVS as that suspicious what is the argument against him?

I find Epi interesting he or she? is trying to find the mafia, but with two teams he could be mafia hunting in hopes to get rid of the other team, He is leaning as not a mafia for me at the moment, but only slightly.

I have a null read on Gumshoe, I'm unsure off him from his early engagement with Cobalt. But his response to Golden seemed sound.

Sloonie has contributed alot some fluff some not I find it interesting he says he isn't a noob. You would think if he was mafia he would say he was a noob so any slip ups made could be blamed on his newbieness. Are you suspicious of a Gumshoe/Cobalt mafia team or were you just pointing it out in early posts?

I don't like XthAtGAm3RGuYX waiting until day 2 to be serious however, this doesn't mean he is mafia he could just have that play style in general. Though I don't really like this play style it isn't overly suspicious. I haven't seen a reply about how people are circumventing his methods either which I would like to see. His later replays about how his activity seem fine but, he is null at the moment.

Cobalt why do you think LC is suspicious could you summarize that and why you think Epi is clean? Or is this a gutfeeling? I'm also not so sure about the bandwagon Cobalt seems to be pushing. But then again I'm never sure about Cobalt and find him to be scummy alot.

I'm not sure about LC I'm not seeing damning evidence against him, but I don't see him as clean yet either.LC what do you think of Cobalt going after you so much? LC second post about Scotty Independence claiming is interesting, not sure if it is a joke or if he was trying to put attention on Scotty.

Hedgeowl seems interesting he (sorry if I'm not getting gender right please correct me) has posted a few times but nothing really of substance Hedgeowl what do you think of the LC votes?
Big list of reads, and all of them read like they were written by sig while sitting on a fence. This sort of wishy-washiness is only acceptable when I do it. He basically just goes through all the names that had been brought up already in the thread and says "I dunno, maybe?". Note also his "not suspicious" read against SVS. This instance is early, but he would end up voting for her over Cobalt.
sig wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote: And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief.

This first lynch vote i'm gonna probably bandwagon on the most voted person, since i figure that is marginally better than voting a random. It's a cop out, i know. Don't shoot me.
Snipped out some stuff, What Tiny Bubbles said is about being town is sending off warning bells, as well as saying they aren't very good at catching mafia until they play as mafia. This could be what he said or not. My thoughts on this is that maybe this was a first time mafia slip up? Saying they got Civ again and won't be good at catching mafia. Could this be a set up for when they try to lynch Cobalt? Here is the scenario, Cobalt gets lynched flips civilian TIny can turn around and say "since I was never mafia I'm not good at catching them" The first portion is more suspicious then that, but I still find it worth noting, I'm also using Cobalt as the example since TIny has voted for him.

The other thing Tiny said they were most likely going to bandwagon a person the reasoning being it is better then they lynch Cobalt someone with no votes and Tiny is the third person to vote. Not following what they said in this post.

So Tiny why go from bandwagoning on the highest voted player to voting for Cobalt? Also what do you mean by "cop out"

I did read your other posts explaining your votes, but it seems strange to have that change of mind could you explain to me why I should vote for say Cobalt over LC?
Jumps on the very easy TinyBubbles case which, I admit, I'm also feeling a bit of this. I suppose this comes down to whether or not we believe sig's behavior here is authentic. I have doubts. It's really too soon to tell w/r/t TinyBubbles. I hope she posts more today.

Instead of rehashing the points Scotty already laid out, I'll repost them here with Sig's response to them. I support most of what Scotty said, and found sig's vote to be very waffley. He came in seeming to be leaning toward Cobalt, then cast a fairly weak-reasoned vote for SVS while proclaiming to be still be "rereading" Cobalt and SVS in the final 10 minutes. It was these two posts that stood out most to me. Does sig mean to tell us that, in 9 minutes, he fully reviewed all the posts by and about SVS and Cobalt and satisfactorily came to a conclusion about them? In 9 minutes?

Anyway, here's sig's response to Scotty's post:
sig wrote:
Scotty wrote:
While I'm on the topic, someone else that pinged me in the last 6 pages was Sig.
sig wrote:I don't like how Cobalt switched his vote, he went after LC like crazy yet switches that seems off. I don't think SVS is mafia, but if she is voting for herself is it a tactic to not get lynched or a genuine vote? I really would rather not lynch SVS it is a gut feeling...
OK, questioning Cobalt's merits, doesn't want to mislynch SVS.
sig wrote:I'm here but I'm unsure to vote for I will wait a few minutes, from my brief experience with CObalt he always seems like mafia to me
Uh oh, getting down to the wire. Leaning Cobalt...
sig wrote:We can't absolutely can't have a no lynch today for that reason along with others I will be voting for SVS
MAFIA IS MOST LIKELY TO TIE THE VOTE I'm very suspicious nijuukyugou right know for doing this
Suddenly, you can't have a tie, and so you lean...SVS? Because you're thinking SVS's self-vote is fishy...And then cast doubt on nijuu at the same time.
sig wrote:I have 10 minuets I will reread Cobalts and SVS posts

@Sloonie considering Dom said he has a means of deciding I'm not as worried know I just didn't want a no lynch
Now the no-lynch doesn't matter. :phew: So you'll nonchalantly "reread" their posts to see if you want to change your mind, now that you're already currently voting for SVS and not Cobalt.

Which you stick with. Cool, sticking to your guns.
Except,
you changed your vote from Cobalt to SVS to "break the tie", and when you learned that that didn't mean a no-lynch, you just hid behind the barn. Drawing attention away from Cobalt.

And immediately after SVS was lynched:
sig wrote:Quick question do the independents count as civilians against mafia or no? Some games I've played they do others they don't
Weird thing to comment about right after a lynching. What bearing does the answer to your question have on you if you are civ? We don't know what roles independents have, but i can assure you that they are not civilians. They are independent from both mafia and civilians.

I'm on to you, my friend.
As I said Cobalt always seems like mafia to me and the games I've played with him he never is so I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

On websites I play on a tie vote equals a no lynch so a wasted first day, with this logic it makes sense that I would view nijuu suspicious as she was bringing it closer to a tied vote. I found the self lynch vote suspicious and I gave my reasoning behind it.

Also I never voted for Cobalt I didn't switch my vote SVS was my first and only vote, so did you misunderstand or are you trying to throw suspicion on me your either lying or have your facts wrong.

This question has a lot of bearing if the independent count as civilians then the mafia is one up, if this was the case I would be more suspicious of Cobalt for his vote switching. As well as the fact that it is good to know our numbers since I've played games were the independents do count as town and some where they do not, I don't see how this is suspicious. Also if I was mafia why would I ask this question on the thread and not in mafia chat?

Your falsehood about my voting as well as what your "pings" are is very strange, what do you Scotty think about the SVS lynch? WHat do you think of CObalt switching votes? How did I draw attention away from CObalt?
sig's follow up responses to my questions are here and here, and I admit I've not thought too hard about them or how they fit into my suspicion of him yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Bullzeye has 5 posts.
Bullzeye wrote:I haven't forgotten this game exists, I just let it take a backseat to work because I assumed day 0 would be pretty dead. Clearly I was wrong!
Acknowledges that there may be a lot of things worth taking note of in the Day 0 clutter. Takes no note of them.
Bullzeye wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What role do we all think our positions in the poll played in the PMs we received?
I think the numbers might correspond to roles. Not necessarily in order (i.e. role 1 on the list might not be number 1 in the poll - they could have been randomized), but just because I think my PM was a role description based on its content. It was all jumbled up like others have said, but in the middle there were a few words that strung together to make an actual sentence. As I understand, I can't repeat that sentence. I will say that I think the description I got applied to a civ role, if that's what they actually are.
My thoughts exactly, pretty much. I was thinking there could be multiple roles mixed in to a single PM, or muliple PMs containing the entire description of a role when combined together, but I imagine it will be difficult/near impossible to test these theories.
Hmm, maybe... It does look like there's a lot more to my PM which is too jumbled to read. I'd assumed I was only able to understand half of one description, but I suppose it's equally possible that some of the rest actually refers to a different role entirely.
Talks about the numbers messages we all got in his only two game-related posts. This does little for me, as scum would have just as much reason to take interest in those messages as town would. It's not unbelievable that Bullzeye would simply not be caught up enough to offer any reads on players, but his complete silence about the game outside of these two posts is nothing but a mark against him in my eyes.
Bullzeye wrote:Aww man I can't believe I missed the vote. I'm so sorry. I was out basically all day, some friends of mine came back to campus for a bit and it was a nice day so we spent it drinking by the lake. I'd say who I would've voted for but tbh I don't even know, need to catch up! Voting yes tonight, I love a good book. But then who doesn't, really?
Same tone as that first post. I hope you eventually get caught up and are able to share some thoughts on the game, Bullzeye. For now, anyone with <10 posts is a suspect in my eyes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday has 9 posts. There's a heavy concentration on the numbers messages, but he provides a few reads in places as well:
DFaraday wrote:
Gumshoe wrote: My pm mentioned Sondheim, Brown, Schwartz, and Hammerstein together. It also repeated "lyricist" and "3/4" over and over. I think it may be Schwartz's role and I don't think he's a threat to us but I obviously can't be certain.
Lyricist could apply to any of those names. And 3/4 is a time signature indicative of a waltz. Mine was something about "revived" and "most overrated". I hope that's not a shot at The King and I. :noble:

I do think it was odd that Hedge brought up bandwagons for no particular reason. I think it could be to preemptively establish herself as looking better if one player does take a lot of votes, while also not really committing to anything herself.

Epi is reading as standard throw-everything-at-the-wall Epi to me, and LC hasn't done anything to ping me either. I don't agree with Epi that LC was using inflammatory language or trying to avoid offering his thoughts. He's done quite a lot of offering that I can see.

SVS is also on my radar for how strongly she reacted to the "interesting" thing. I doubt anyone will get lynched because they used an empty term like "interesting" or such, so her reaction towards Epi seemed misplaced.
Hedgeowl is the only player mentioned in this post who's still alive. Could you tell us how you feel about her now, DFaraday?
DFaraday wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row!
I wouldn't really question that if you hadn't mentioned it...
DFaraday wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Let's all pretend none of Cobalt, SVS, or Long Con are available to be lynched today. Who do we all vote for then?
*Whom

TB is on my radar with her eagerness to let us know she's a civ. Apparently she's done this before, but it's still pingy to me.

But for now I think I'm going to *vote SVS*. I know she definitely could manipulate voters' sentiments if she wanted to, and I think that could have happened as early as the comments about Epi's "interesting" speech.
Has anything changed about your feelings toward TinyBubbles?
DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote: I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
It's 88 words, counting "music-theatre-canon" as one word each time.

Re: two bad teams, usually one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights. When there's a serial killer they either do every other night or every night. I'm not sure what the independents do this game, but I'd rather not see one go if they're not dangerous, especially since Hammerstein is one of my favorites of all time.

I think Cobalt and LC are going to dominate discussion in the next day phase. Given their recent exchanges, I think Epi is wrong about them being teammates. If one of them is bad, I'd lean Cobalt right now.
What are your thoughts on the possibility of LC and Cobalt dominating the discussion? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Do they deserve to be the centers of attention? What makes you think Cobalt is more bad than LC?
As always, any reads on anyone else that you might have would be handy as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry, folks, for replacing out, but I decided RL needs to be the sole focus until mid-August. I thought I would take a break after this game, but I realized I absolutely needed the break now, against what I was hoping.

Hope that you enjoy a chance to play again, Epi.

Also, FYI, Devin texted me saying his phone was dying and he didn't bring his phone charger, so he won't be able to post until he's out of town. Wanted me to let you all know.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

WTF? :suspish: Maybe his role requires him to pick someone on Day One and tunnel-vote them until they're dead? Or maybe he'll come back in with a case. The Day 1 vote was not outrageous (though you'd think he'd be a little grateful that he won the last game on my grace alone), but this Day 2 instant vote is another flavour altogether. I'm already tired of being "centre stage" while a bunch of players are playing bit parts.

Maybe Metalmarsh was forced to vote me last night by someone funny, and so he's doing it early to signal that.
No way. you are mad, rad, and totally bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:

:slick: Awessssssooommmmmme!
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, FYI, Devin texted me saying his phone was dying and he didn't bring his phone charger, so he won't be able to post until he's out of town. Wanted me to let you all know.
Thanks for the update MP. Godspeed.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Maybe Metalmarsh was forced to vote me last night by someone funny, and so he's doing it early to signal that.
lol this guy. He's got some good reasoning :clap:

Also, what happened to Epi? Since he's been back, he's posted like, what, 2 times? And they've been fluff. Is old confrontational Epi gone? Is he just lying back in wait since he's immune this round?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

He was busy selecting an electric violin for purchase, which will be here Monday.

My opinions haven't changed. I see no need to post them again.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:He was busy selecting an electric violin for purchase, which will be here Monday.

My opinions haven't changed. I see no need to post them again.
Have you developed any new opinions? What do you make of the votes at the end of Day 1?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i will never tire of asking epi these questions and getting no answers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Long Con »

TinyBubbles wrote:...And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief. Anyway, for what it is worth sloonei and golden are playing a lot like they did in the economics game so far, so i (want?) to believe they are civ. Don't know about the others like long con. Curious about the pm Dom sent like many of you, i would love if we could somehow join together and figure out what they all mean without actually posting them.

This first lynch vote i'm gonna probably bandwagon on the most voted person, since i figure that is marginally better than voting a random. It's a cop out, i know. Don't shoot me.
Ok, I went over TinyBubbles to see why I felt she was fishy, and it's this post mostly that made a ping stick out in my memory. Nothing too notable going on in her other posts, she did vote for Cobalt over S~V~S, but also stated that she thought S~V~S was bad from a gut perspective. That could be a way to push the lynch of a non-baddie-teammate while voting for a baddie teammate, but I think that would be a pretty risky maneuver with such a close lynch. Actually, not nearly as risky when votes are changeable - a Cobalt teammate could switch their vote late if need be, and it wasn't needed with myself and S~V~S leading the lynch.
I dare you to make that your sig.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epi, can we ask about your role in Epi 1.0 or are you supposed to claim ignorance?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

As I (and golden) stated earlier, the only reason I am suspicious of TinyBubbles is that her posts are too similar to her usual style (see the Economics game for reference). Her behavior alone is not too alarming because that's what she has been doing. However, a first-time scum player's natural inclination would be to replicate their past town behavior as closely as possible.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Sloonei wrote:i will never tire of asking epi these questions and getting no answers.
Then maybe you shouldnt ask him questions he answered before you even brought it up.
"My opinions havent changed"
"Do you have any new opinions?"

Lrn 2 read
Scotty wrote:Epi, can we ask about your role in Epi 1.0 or are you supposed to claim ignorance?
Pretty sure that breaks roleclaiming rules

I asked to be subbed out because this internet problem has turned into a major obstacle as opposed to the few day nuisance I originally thought it to be. Hopefully Dom has somebody waiting on the sidelines.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Sloonei wrote:i will never tire of asking epi these questions and getting no answers.
Then maybe you shouldnt ask him questions he answered before you even brought it up.
"My opinions havent changed"
"Do you have any new opinions?"

Lrn 2 read
No.
Do you have any opinions?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I did not learn to read your green text. Sorry to hear that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:Epi, can we ask about your role in Epi 1.0 or are you supposed to claim ignorance?
You can ask, but I doubt I'm supposed to say anything.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:As I (and golden) stated earlier, the only reason I am suspicious of TinyBubbles is that her posts are too similar to her usual style (see the Economics game for reference). Her behavior alone is not too alarming because that's what she has been doing. However, a first-time scum player's natural inclination would be to replicate their past town behavior as closely as possible.
So, if TinyBubbles had been posting in a very different style than her Economics game, what would your opinion of that been?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:As I (and golden) stated earlier, the only reason I am suspicious of TinyBubbles is that her posts are too similar to her usual style (see the Economics game for reference). Her behavior alone is not too alarming because that's what she has been doing. However, a first-time scum player's natural inclination would be to replicate their past town behavior as closely as possible.
So, if TinyBubbles had been posting in a very different style than her Economics game, what would your opinion of that been?
It would depend on what that different style is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Responses in magenta, because I like magenta.
Sloonei wrote:DFaraday has 9 posts. There's a heavy concentration on the numbers messages, but he provides a few reads in places as well:
DFaraday wrote:
Gumshoe wrote: My pm mentioned Sondheim, Brown, Schwartz, and Hammerstein together. It also repeated "lyricist" and "3/4" over and over. I think it may be Schwartz's role and I don't think he's a threat to us but I obviously can't be certain.
Lyricist could apply to any of those names. And 3/4 is a time signature indicative of a waltz. Mine was something about "revived" and "most overrated". I hope that's not a shot at The King and I. :noble:

I do think it was odd that Hedge brought up bandwagons for no particular reason. I think it could be to preemptively establish herself as looking better if one player does take a lot of votes, while also not really committing to anything herself.

Epi is reading as standard throw-everything-at-the-wall Epi to me, and LC hasn't done anything to ping me either. I don't agree with Epi that LC was using inflammatory language or trying to avoid offering his thoughts. He's done quite a lot of offering that I can see.

SVS is also on my radar for how strongly she reacted to the "interesting" thing. I doubt anyone will get lynched because they used an empty term like "interesting" or such, so her reaction towards Epi seemed misplaced.
Hedgeowl is the only player mentioned in this post who's still alive. Could you tell us how you feel about her now, DFaraday?
I don't feel any better about her, but she's not giving me much to work with. I know she can play very far under the radar while still being very active, so she's still on my radar.
DFaraday wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row!
I wouldn't really question that if you hadn't mentioned it...
DFaraday wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Let's all pretend none of Cobalt, SVS, or Long Con are available to be lynched today. Who do we all vote for then?
*Whom

TB is on my radar with her eagerness to let us know she's a civ. Apparently she's done this before, but it's still pingy to me.

But for now I think I'm going to *vote SVS*. I know she definitely could manipulate voters' sentiments if she wanted to, and I think that could have happened as early as the comments about Epi's "interesting" speech.
Has anything changed about your feelings toward TinyBubbles?
I guess I feel slightly better, since that one comment is the only ping I've gotten from her.
DFaraday wrote:
Scotty wrote: I want to know, @DFaraday, since both of our PMs seem similar if not the same, how many words does yours have? If it has the same amount, I'm going to start thinking down a different path on whether or not there is only ~4 unique PMs and what that could mean.
It's 88 words, counting "music-theatre-canon" as one word each time.

Re: two bad teams, usually one team kills on odd nights and the other on even nights. When there's a serial killer they either do every other night or every night. I'm not sure what the independents do this game, but I'd rather not see one go if they're not dangerous, especially since Hammerstein is one of my favorites of all time.

I think Cobalt and LC are going to dominate discussion in the next day phase. Given their recent exchanges, I think Epi is wrong about them being teammates. If one of them is bad, I'd lean Cobalt right now.
What are your thoughts on the possibility of LC and Cobalt dominating the discussion? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Do they deserve to be the centers of attention? What makes you think Cobalt is more bad than LC?
As always, any reads on anyone else that you might have would be handy as well.
I think this kill could have been Cobalt trying to frame LC while setting himself up as the victim, and also I find his last minute vote switch to SVS very shady. I do think we need to get to the bottom of this feud or else it will continue to upstage everything else (pun intended). Not to say they have to be our only focus, but no matter what LC/Cobalt will be a major talking point for the time being.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@DFaraday, I agree with your last point in that post. For better or worse, Cobalt and Long Con are, right now, the two players who just about everyone has an opinion on, and it's unlikely that they'll go away quietly (nor should they). I also agree that Cobalt looks the worse of the two.
But it's also important to make sure they're not the only two names we discuss today. Have you got any thoughts about any of the under the radar players?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

Sloonei wrote:@DFaraday, I agree with your last point in that post. For better or worse, Cobalt and Long Con are, right now, the two players who just about everyone has an opinion on, and it's unlikely that they'll go away quietly (nor should they). I also agree that Cobalt looks the worse of the two.
But it's also important to make sure they're not the only two names we discuss today. Have you got any thoughts about any of the under the radar players?
Splints is someone I expect to hear more meaningful content from. I also can't really recall Bass or BWT saying anything, so I'd like their input. Otherwise, no real opinion of the low posters.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

The unfortunate aspect of this kind of game is the people that don't post have nothing for us to base an opinion off of except their curious absence. So as we go along, do we vote for them because of their non-participation, or keep pushing for the most suspicious opinionated people? While I do have suspicions for TB and Hedgeowl, I don't see them garnering any substantial traction until we lynch Cobalt or LC, but it's still important to hear that they're still here...somewhere in the wings...

And my suspicion in several people such as sig and TB is predicated on the fact that Cobalt is bad, so honestly the sooner we deal with the elephant in the room, the better.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I know that fingersplints is currently in another game on RYM (my homesite, and the game i was in before this one started). that game is much further along than this one and is probably eating up more of her time, but I agree that her low level of actvity here is unsettling. I would like for her, of any of the sub-10 post people, to share their thoughts, even if they're strained or incomplete. Just let us know what's going on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:The unfortunate aspect of this kind of game is the people that don't post have nothing for us to base an opinion off of except their curious absence. So as we go along, do we vote for them because of their non-participation, or keep pushing for the most suspicious opinionated people? While I do have suspicions for TB and Hedgeowl, I don't see them garnering any substantial traction until we lynch Cobalt or LC, but it's still important to hear that they're still here...somewhere in the wings...

And my suspicion in several people such as sig and TB is predicated on the fact that Cobalt is bad, so honestly the sooner we deal with the elephant in the room, the better.
Lynching a lurker is never an ideal situation, but low post counts and lack of activity often leave us with little other choice. I always prefer to lynch a suspicious active player if a solid enough case exists. I wouldn't start saying other cases are not gaining traction just yet. Hardly anything has been said so far this phase. Let's see how other people react when they get on.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What do you think of nutella, Scotty? The player, not the delicious chocolate spread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:The unfortunate aspect of this kind of game is the people that don't post have nothing for us to base an opinion off of except their curious absence. So as we go along, do we vote for them because of their non-participation, or keep pushing for the most suspicious opinionated people?
I will tell you from my (hosting) experience that Mafia almost always tend to consist of quiet people, even if only one or two. Whether they are naturally quiet or doing so on purpose, they are quiet all the same, and they coast. The rub comes when anyone seriously suggests lynching a low poster. There are some here who will suspect you right away for doing so, which I think encourages low(er) participation.

After all I've seen, I never criticize wanting to lynch a low poster. If the low-poster is Mafia, you catch a killer and show him that coasting isn't a viable strategy. If the low-poster is a civilian, then he wasn't helping anyway, so you make him helpful in getting to see how people chose to vote the person off.

My two cents. I'm off to my uncle's birthday cookout.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

NUTELLA IS SEMEN OF THE GODS.

nutella the player however I have no real ping either way right now. I have to go back later and examine the post history.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:The unfortunate aspect of this kind of game is the people that don't post have nothing for us to base an opinion off of except their curious absence. So as we go along, do we vote for them because of their non-participation, or keep pushing for the most suspicious opinionated people?
I will tell you from my (hosting) experience that Mafia almost always tend to consist of quiet people, even if only one or two. Whether they are naturally quiet or doing so on purpose, they are quiet all the same, and they coast. The rub comes when anyone seriously suggests lynching a low poster. There are some here who will suspect you right away for doing so, which I think encourages low(er) participation.

After all I've seen, I never criticize wanting to lynch a low poster. If the low-poster is Mafia, you catch a killer and show him that coasting isn't a viable strategy. If the low-poster is a civilian, then he wasn't helping anyway, so you make him helpful in getting to see how people chose to vote the person off.

Don't say that, I only have 7 (seven) posts.

By the way, TinyBubbles and Long Con are totally teammates.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:

Yes I get that people will be quiet. There's nothing inherently wrong with quiet per se. If you have an opinion, post it- if not, at least check in every now and then and let us know what you're thinking/going through IRL. Real life can and should take priority over this, BUT in a 28 (now 26) person game, with almost half those people absent, mafia can afford to take the low road and coast. Are they? Dunno. But it makes it easier to do so in my opinion.

As far as voting for them: again, down the line we might have to, but for now I agree with Sloonei that the most vocal suspicious people need to go first.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:By the way, TinyBubbles and Long Con are totally teammates.
I'm listening
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:
I'm listening
You should be voting.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I'm listening
You should be voting.
I will once my mind is made up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Also would you say things have been made more interesting by your LC vote, Blooperstranger?
Oh, quite! It's garnered some good reactions.
I would like to hear more from nijuukyugou about this. Her entire post history reads as very safe to me, with the one exception being that vote against LC. She never really explained it, but directly expressed suspicion in all three of the popular choices from yesterday's poll. I'd like to know what she thinks of everyone's behavior around yesterday's deadline. She was present for most of it, but has not posted since then.

Can anyone who's familiar with her typical style of play provide some background for those of us who have not played with her before? I'm finding her and Nutella particularly difficult to read right now, for similar reasons. I get more town/civ vibes from Nutella's posts, but that means very little right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, you think TB is Civ? :grin:

And I agree with Epi's stance on low posters. Of course it benefits either of us to promote lynching low-posters, because we are not low posters, so take it with a grain of salt. I just won Biblical Mafia as the lowest (Civilian) poster ever, so :shrug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TinyBubbles wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hi TinyBubbles.
Right now it appears the three most popular names for lynch targets are Long Con, S~V~S, and Cobalt. If you were to choose between those three, who would you pick and why?
At the risk of contradicting what i just said about bandwagoning, id probably go for either svs or cobalt, because they arent getting as much negative press as long con atm. This game has barely even begun, i find it interesting (to use your word heh) that long con already seems so scummy to some. There is just something off about that. im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of it.

Who would you vote for?
TinyBubbles says this, defending the suspicion of Long Con. No real read of Long Con, just a casual addressing of the "suspicion".
Long Con wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:...And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief. Anyway, for what it is worth sloonei and golden are playing a lot like they did in the economics game so far, so i (want?) to believe they are civ. Don't know about the others like long con. Curious about the pm Dom sent like many of you, i would love if we could somehow join together and figure out what they all mean without actually posting them.

Ok, I went over TinyBubbles to see why I felt she was fishy, and it's this post mostly that made a ping stick out in my memory. Nothing too notable going on in her other posts, she did vote for Cobalt over S~V~S, but also stated that she thought S~V~S was bad from a gut perspective. That could be a way to push the lynch of a non-baddie-teammate while voting for a baddie teammate, but I think that would be a pretty risky maneuver with such a close lynch. Actually, not nearly as risky when votes are changeable - a Cobalt teammate could switch their vote late if need be, and it wasn't needed with myself and S~V~S leading the lynch.
I dare you to make that your sig.
Long Con says this recently today. Long Con has not mentioned or interacted with TinyBubbles all game. However, he suddenly states he's seeing her as fishy, but convinces himself otherwise all in the same post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
So, you think TB is Civ? :grin:
Nope, she's gotta go. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:As for non-Cobalt players on the list, I recall having some suspicion of TinyBubbles and Bass during my last read-through, but I'll have to reread to lay it out for you. I just woke up and my mind is still a bit foggy.
Ooo, snap! Carelessness or mendacity, Marsh! 'Fess up! :feb:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:As for non-Cobalt players on the list, I recall having some suspicion of TinyBubbles and Bass during my last read-through, but I'll have to reread to lay it out for you. I just woke up and my mind is still a bit foggy.
How could I possibly consider a comment made before morning coffee?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Is that ironic considering TinyBubbles' avatar? :grin:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Is that ironic considering TinyBubbles' avatar? :grin:
Not if she decides to place Guess Who Mafia. :coffee3:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Also would you say things have been made more interesting by your LC vote, Blooperstranger?
Oh, quite! It's garnered some good reactions.
I would like to hear more from nijuukyugou about this. Her entire post history reads as very safe to me, with the one exception being that vote against LC. She never really explained it, but directly expressed suspicion in all three of the popular choices from yesterday's poll. I'd like to know what she thinks of everyone's behavior around yesterday's deadline. She was present for most of it, but has not posted since then.

Can anyone who's familiar with her typical style of play provide some background for those of us who have not played with her before? I'm finding her and Nutella particularly difficult to read right now, for similar reasons. I get more town/civ vibes from Nutella's posts, but that means very little right now.
Ninjablooper is still a bit of a mystery to me, I have to read her on a game-by-game basis still. Not usually the driving force behind the thread currents, but I wonder whether she posts "safe" posts more as a Civ or baddie?

This got me thinking about votes in the Day 1 lynch, and I remembered seeing something that stood out to me. I got my vote in at literally the last minute, but Golden is the last vote on S~V~S. He must have switched his vote to her (or voted for the first time?) in, like, the last thirty seconds of the poll. I don't recall what that was all about, but the poll record shows it and it stands out to me due to the extreme last-secondness of it.

Return to “Previous Jobs”