50%

Total votes: 8
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Neverwhere »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd really like to get a few people's views on Black Rock.
I can see what you are saying about her. It takes until her seventh post to say something that's not a one line response to somebody else, and when she finally does make a long post and name names, she's also making a bunch of excuses and apologies. This could very easily be in line with a townie who was simply too busy during Day 1 to contribute a lot, but it could just as easily be scummy behavior.

And hey, what's this?
Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I love Dom as a host, he is a very quick responder.

I think I have it solved basically, some of the flavour text I haven't but it is a baddie role. I think there is a possibility of a civvie being corrupted. Now my dear host wouldn't confirm this to me but I think it might be a recruitment possibility. If one team has it the other team might as well.
I just stupidly realized the other team has four members so they won't necessarily have a recruit. :phew:
"the other team"? This would be a colassal scum slip, but I'm gonna need Black Rock to explain what she meant here.

On the whole this is a pretty safe post history. She's named a few people as being vaguely suspicious but the only one she really substantiated was Bass, and I'm not really seeing the case against him right now. Could see it as an effort by scum (BR) to stand apart from the rest of the game's action and make herself look good for having a different suspect than everyone else.
I also noticed that slip up. Hmm..
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by nijuukyugou »

Whew! Caught up!
Sloonei wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Also would you say things have been made more interesting by your LC vote, Blooperstranger?
Oh, quite! It's garnered some good reactions.
I would like to hear more from nijuukyugou about this. Her entire post history reads as very safe to me, with the one exception being that vote against LC. She never really explained it, but directly expressed suspicion in all three of the popular choices from yesterday's poll. I'd like to know what she thinks of everyone's behavior around yesterday's deadline. She was present for most of it, but has not posted since then.

Can anyone who's familiar with her typical style of play provide some background for those of us who have not played with her before? I'm finding her and Nutella particularly difficult to read right now, for similar reasons. I get more town/civ vibes from Nutella's posts, but that means very little right now.
I am perfect in every way, all the time, in every game :srsnod: My suspicions/thoughts in just a moment.

Canuck, I'm coloring the parts of your post I agree with:
Canucklehead wrote:Stuff I'm thinking:
- I'm down for lynching low posters if they're low posters AND blendy/don't-rock-the-boat-stars. I'm ALWAYS a low poster, but when I'm bad I always try to make my posts boring.
- Why do people keep using "salty" as an adjective to describe other players? Like, I am incapable of imagining what this is trying to connote outside of implying something sexual or some sort of connection to the merchant marine.
- I am not interested in lynching cobalt at this time.
- There are a lot of dudes whose posts are all running together for me (Scotty, sig, bass, DF, maybe a few others I can't recall right now), and I therefore have no reads on any of them.
- Sloonei is still on my list for all the questions which gives the appearance of substance but isn't actually substantive. I'd like to implement a rule where every 5 questions sloonei asks, he has to post a summary of what he's learned by asking those questions and how his opinions have changed. If these questions are actually important to your play, I'd like to see precisely how.
- I'm willing to entertain MM's TB/LC theory for a moment....
- No idea who I'll vote for. Maybe Sloonei or a Golden repeat? Maybe one of the mushy players listed above?
I am also often a low poster (I'm a bit more active in this game because I have a lot more free time during the summer, but I'm still relatively low), and baddies get away with it so, so easily (no one looks at them until it's often very late, almost too late in the game). Epi posted something about this (low posters getting away in mafia, and people being reluctant to vote them, giving the low-posting mafia all the more reason to coast) that matches this sentiment. As for Sloonei, I agree with the questioning sentiment - I don't at this moment see him as bad for asking the questions, but I would like to see the information he receives from people's answers synthesized in some way in the thread. Dammit, I used "sentiment" twice, but I can't think of a better word to match my...sentiments...

Ah, and now to Cobalt. Every move by this guy has only solidified my belief that he is as baddie as baddie can be:

Exhibit A: Goes after LC. Posts suspicion of LC. Even votes for LC at first. Then, switches to SVS, despite having no real personal suspicion of her throughout Day 1 because she's "gaining more traction." Fishy as hell, considering how hard he went after LC and that LC was garnering a lot of suspicion and gaining votes. A lot of them. When the suspicion is brought up about this behavior, he responds, as he had been doing all of Day 0 and 1, that he "doesn't give a fuck" and
Cobalt wrote:I'll vote for him again next day when this SVS mess is out of our way.
Suddenly, it's SVS mess. Why not vote for LC to get "the LC mess" that you brought up out of the way first? This is nonsense.
But hey, people change their minds sometimes. Let me give the BOTD. But wait. Let's go to

Exhibit B: What's really scummy (haven't used that word in a while!) is what happens almost directly after the lynch:
Cobalt wrote:Not a civ. Goodie.

Long Con tomorrow? I had to help my sister put the kids to bed cuz she's really sick, and then I got a little distracted. Wasn't around towards the end, or I probably would have moved my vote back to LC.

Anybody have anything they want me to answer, go for it.
This is posted 7 minutes after the poll ends. I even commented on it later, with no response:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm going to harp on this:

Long Con had three votes: MM, Cobalt, Epi

S~V~S had three votes: MP, nutella, DFaraday

Tied.

S~V~S votes her damn self.

Colby-Jack says the LC vote has lost traction, so he's changing his vote to S~V~S.
Ah, this must have something to do with it.

First of all, I'm named after a hue and an element, not a fucking cheese.

Secondly, I'm not used to people not voting until later in the phase. I'm used to most votes being laid out earlier and then adjusting them over time. To someone like me who is unfamiliar with the style here, it didn't look like LC had any traction when it turns out he did. I was late to the party, my bad. Sue me.
You posted four minutes after the host post was put up (seven minutes after the poll ended), and claimed you would've voted otherwise, and you claim you weren't around at the end to do this? Sorry, but that does look fishy.
It's easy to say you "would have" voted some way when the poll turns out the way it does. You say you were too busy to check and "switch back" at the end because of RL. This sort of argument would also make more sense (although I still wouldn't necessarily buy it, since anyone can post at any time and claim they were somewhere doing something), but it's LESS THAN TEN MINUTES after the poll ends. Not around at the end to check and possibly switch a changeable vote to who you *really* believe is bad? Suuuuure.

Exhibit C: Guns hard after LC and gets very, VERY defensive when asked about anything else. Sure, he keeps saying he "doesn't give a fuck" about what others think, but sure seems to get frustrated when people point out the lack of logic/civ behavior behind his voting. He has also many several attempts to claim that lynching him will result in terrible, terrible things, and again, repeating that he "does not give a fuck":
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I won't be mislynched this game.
I'm sure you won't. :)
Not because I'm not civilian, but for other reasons. You'll see.
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I won't be mislynched this game.
I'm sure you won't. :)
Not because I'm not civilian, but for other reasons. You'll see.
Meh.

S~V~S said she was a civilian too.

She wasn't.
But I'm not saying "I'm civilian" over and over again. I don't need to, because frankly, I don't care if you think I'm scummy or not. I'm going to continue to play and get a rise out of the necessary people to form the right reads.

As I said, roll with it or lynch me.
Cobalt wrote:I'm not unlynchable. It's something MUCH more fun. But it is civilian.
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I just wonder who can taste the salt. :haha:

Come on Cobalt. You're not as scary as you sound.
I'm not trying to be scary. Lmao. I just really do not give a fuck.
Here's the thing. You do give a fuck. If you didn't, you wouldn't hint and try to scare civs into not lynching you because you supposedly have an all-important almighty role that either cannot be lynched, is important, or will harm people. You do give a fuck, because you wouldn't be "defending" yourself in this manner, nor in the manner that you have been by claiming that you have been "acting" scummy to see if others will bite. People say that you are usually an aggressive civ, but the way you have been playing hasn't been aggressively finding baddies. It's been aggressively backpedaling and making up excuses for your baddie behavior.

There are others being discussed and worth a look at, but I can't shake this feeling. Others are wary of voting for you because of your threats, but I am not.
Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:Ninjablooper is still a bit of a mystery to me, I have to read her on a game-by-game basis still. Not usually the driving force behind the thread currents, but I wonder whether she posts "safe" posts more as a Civ or baddie?
Ninjablooper is the most consistent player I have ever seen in terms of posting content and tone. To catch her, you will you need to scrutinize her votes, not her posts.

She gets more nervous when it comes down to voting. ;)
Ain't nervous about this one ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Neverwhere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd really like to get a few people's views on Black Rock.
I can see what you are saying about her. It takes until her seventh post to say something that's not a one line response to somebody else, and when she finally does make a long post and name names, she's also making a bunch of excuses and apologies. This could very easily be in line with a townie who was simply too busy during Day 1 to contribute a lot, but it could just as easily be scummy behavior.

And hey, what's this?
Black Rock wrote:

I think I have it solved basically, some of the flavour text I haven't but it is a baddie role. I think there is a possibility of a civvie being corrupted. Now my dear host wouldn't confirm this to me but I think it might be a recruitment possibility. If one team has it the other team might as well.
I just stupidly realized the other team has four members so they won't necessarily have a recruit. :phew:
"the other team"? This would be a colassal scum slip, but I'm gonna need Black Rock to explain what she meant here.

On the whole this is a pretty safe post history. She's named a few people as being vaguely suspicious but the only one she really substantiated was Bass, and I'm not really seeing the case against him right now. Could see it as an effort by scum (BR) to stand apart from the rest of the game's action and make herself look good for having a different suspect than everyone else.
I also noticed that slip up. Hmm..
I don't necessarily see that as suspicious, since she's talking about the role in the PM while attempting not to name it. She isn't wrong.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

Tbh I don't sound civvy cuz I'm being lazy and I don't know you guys.

@Niijukysuajxjdudjsjaj: you make good points, but I don't know what else to say while I'm at work and unable to formulate a long response other than that I'm civilian.

Also, guys, if you lynch me today, Long Con will be lynched and I won't be. That's a hard fact. Either vote for him, or for someone else besides me. This is a civ ability.

@LC I actually thought that whole "interesting" argument was dumb. I had other reasons if you look back in my posts.

tell y'all what - if you don't lynch me today, I'll post a super huge legacy post of how I view every single player in the game so far. I know I agreed to do this if I decided to eat a lynch, but that was to bait votes onto me so that Long Con would die. Up to you if you want me to do that or not.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Black Rock wrote:

Calling this a slip-up requires either a lack of full-reading, or an intention to falsely accuse someone. A lack of full reading is often caused by skimming, which is something baddies do more frequently than Civvies, especially ones that are not in the spotlight at the moment.

Neverwhere, you just made the Naughty List for this one. :srsnod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I vote for you just posting that "super huge legacy post" right now regardless of any circumstances.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:Tbh I don't sound civvy cuz I'm being lazy and I don't know you guys.

@Niijukysuajxjdudjsjaj: you make good points, but I don't know what else to say while I'm at work and unable to formulate a long response other than that I'm civilian.

Also, guys, if you lynch me today, Long Con will be lynched and I won't be. That's a hard fact. Either vote for him, or for someone else besides me. This is a civ ability.

@LC I actually thought that whole "interesting" argument was dumb. I had other reasons if you look back in my posts.

tell y'all what - if you don't lynch me today, I'll post a super huge legacy post of how I view every single player in the game so far. I know I agreed to do this if I decided to eat a lynch, but that was to bait votes onto me so that Long Con would die. Up to you if you want me to do that or not.
If you want to lynch me, then vote for Cobalt. I agree. Also vote for Cobalt if you want to lynch Cobalt. Do not assume that votes for me will actually lynch Cobalt, because I do not have that power. My power is, if I get lynched due to some cowardly shenanigans, I get to see who you really are. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nijuukyugou wrote:Exhibit C: Guns hard after LC and gets very, VERY defensive when asked about anything else. Sure, he keeps saying he "doesn't give a fuck" about what others think, but sure seems to get frustrated when people point out the lack of logic/civ behavior behind his voting. He has also many several attempts to claim that lynching him will result in terrible, terrible things, and again, repeating that he "does not give a fuck"
nijuukyugou wrote:He has also many several attempts to claim that lynching him will result in terrible, terrible things
nijuukyugou wrote:He has also many several attempts
nijuukyugou wrote:many several
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to ask to be replaced. Sorry. I thought I had time for mafia but it turns out I'm way too busy :(
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

So I've been reading from the beginning. I think that of LC vs Cobalt. Cobalt looks worse to me, but I am not sure I am suspicious of either yet earlier. I think that it is understandable for him to be a bit wary of LC because of the 90's game on JTM, but it seemed pretty extreme. Now it seems to be a joke :shrug2:

I felt like MP (Now Epi 2.0) was kind of winding Cobalt up earlier. I still don't understand this one:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have every intention to continue my newfound love of rainbow lists, if at all possible, since I do find them particularly helpful in organizing my own thoughts and feelings on players, and I have to keep up the self-imposed moniker of Rainbow Sockman somehow!

I will put them in spoiler tags though, so that people may read them at their discretion.
MovingPictures07 wrote:TASTE THE RAINBOW

Devin the Omniscient
Epignosis

Bass_the_Clever
Birdwithteeth11
Black Rock
Bullzeye
DFaraday
Dragon D. Luffy
DREAM
fingersplints
Golden
Gumshoe
Hedgeowl
Long Con
Metalmarsh89
Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
nutella
Scotty
sig
Sloonei
S~V~S
timmer
TinyBubbles
Turnip Head
XthAtGAm3RGuYX

Cobalt

For reference:
Very strong civilian read
Strong civilian read
Moderate civilian read
Slight civilian read
Very slight civilian read
No read or unsure
Very slight mafia read
Slight mafia read
Moderate mafia read
Strong mafia read
Very strong mafia read
Come at me, Cobalt.
What would he have to 'come at you' for? The 'very slight mafia read'. idk the whole thing seemed over the top.

I also find Bass suspicious. This post here caught my eye on I've read all his posts now.

What bothered me on there is Epi asked him to read LC and tell him if there is anything suspicious. Instead of doing that bass asks a couple questions of Epi: "Is it because there are only six post, 3 of which are fluff posts?"
"Is it the MP/Epi shoving match post?"

Providing reasons it COULD be suspicious without actually committing that he found LC suspicious for those reasons.

Reading through his posts he is asking a lot of questions of others, and I also feel like he is being a bit careful with his wording about LC. Here he mentions feeling bad about LC, but already feeling better about him in the same posts. But then gives excuses why he might be wrong about it.

Gonna keep reading now. I was still pretty early in the game when I switched to the Bass read so
sorry if any of this has already been discussed a ton.
Gro-oo-ovy
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Long Con wrote::dark: And what are you, who tunnels after me from the very first post because of another game? :nicenod:
Oh hun. I was only joking about the revenge lynch at first. You gave me damn good reason to want your head on a stick.

At work now. Back close to the deadline.
Your suspicion against LC doesn't feel genuine and that's another reason I'm suspicious of you.
Pls tell me, did I not expand enough for you the first time? What exactly do you want from me?

Also as far as my legacy post goes, I probably will not have time by the deadline. But it's okay, because I won't be lynched today. LC will die. :haha:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

Golden wrote:So, here is what I'll say about where I'm leaning today...

I still think BR's posts are really easy to pull off as a baddie game. How many people has she even discussed, hardly any. She isn't leaving any tracks, and that bothers me a lot. The more time that passes, the more worried about BR I become.

I don't like that Canuck is posting her thoughts in a perfectly legitimate way that make it appear she is keeping up with the thread but that she does not pay any attention to questions asked of her.

I'm willing to give splints a pass for now because I can vouch for the fact that she was being lynched at the time in RYM #86.

And, what has happened to Hedgeowl? The moment she took suspicion, she seems to have stopped posting so much... not necessarily in frequency but certainly in terms of content.

And I do REALLY want tinybubbles to post a bit more of her thoughts. Maybe I'll just call her bubbles instead of the other thing. Plenty of people are quiet and under the radar but she still managed 24 posts by the time she died on night 3 in Economics. Bubbles, 5 posts is not matching up to that - you seem even quieter. More of your thoughts please.

And DREAM has exactly one post so... what to do with that?

These people are more likely to get my vote than Cobalt. There is literally zero chance Long Con could get my vote today short of a very significant change in the case made against him.
False! Read my posts Golden and stop rewriting my history. This makes me more :eye: than anything.

Catching up before we drive home, back tonight before the vote.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Okay let me be straight with y'all for a minute, I only came here for the Broadway theme and to get Long Con's head on a spike for fooling me last game, he wounded my pride. After my ability kills him I'll actually try, I promise. :haha:

Lynch me today for it to work.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Long Con wrote::dark: And what are you, who tunnels after me from the very first post because of another game? :nicenod:
Oh hun. I was only joking about the revenge lynch at first. You gave me damn good reason to want your head on a stick.

At work now. Back close to the deadline.
Your suspicion against LC doesn't feel genuine and that's another reason I'm suspicious of you.
Pls tell me, did I not expand enough for you the first time? What exactly do you want from me?

Also as far as my legacy post goes, I probably will not have time by the deadline. But it's okay, because I won't be lynched today. LC will die. :haha:
It's not somethig you can tell me, I simply don't believe that you believe in your own case. I would probably need to see some more reads of yours to see how everything fits together.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

If I'm even MORE honest I've been super messy so y'all would pile votes on me for that purpose. :haha:

But I'm not scum. Consider it good-natured civilian mischief. I do believe there is a good chance Long Con is scum for aforementioned reasons though.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Eesh, so if that ability is fo sho, worst case scenario is he is revealed as bouncing his lynch, he lynches LC and LC is good. That's worst case. There's also a chance we may not know whether Cobalt is good or bad. That's what I don't like. I like definitives if I can get them.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:Okay let me be straight with y'all for a minute, I only came here for the Broadway theme and to get Long Con's head on a spike for fooling me last game, he wounded my pride. After my ability kills him I'll actually try, I promise. :haha:

:feb: It won't make the pain go away.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt is starting to make me feel like this lynch is too easy. That could be his scummy scummy plan, or it could be because he has some other reason to want to be lynched, and i wouldn't trust that it's something beneficial to town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Only way it's not beneficial to town is if LC is town. Which I honestly doubt. Everything I've said about what happens if I get lynched today is 100% up front. Either follow through, or lynch someone else.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Long Con wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Okay let me be straight with y'all for a minute, I only came here for the Broadway theme and to get Long Con's head on a spike for fooling me last game, he wounded my pride. After my ability kills him I'll actually try, I promise. :haha:

:feb: It won't make the pain go away.
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH. :meany:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Hedgeowl »

I don't like the taunting Cobalt trying to get us to vote him now. Claiming that ability after someone guessed it seems like what you did I a game LC when Juliets said you were indy and you weren't.

I am almost inclined to leave the LC-Cobalt thing for another day, but there have been so many questions raised between these two. I still have 4-5 pages to read before the last lynch,
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

I see today is The Cobalt Show, as I kind of expected. I'm a wreck from standing and dealing blackjack for four hours straight last night and having to get up early and come to work today. Plus, Dom's rules specifically state that there is to be no info dumping, and yet Cobalt is being quite free with his blabbing about how his role works.

I'm going to assume thus that he is lying about it. I'm going to vote him now. This will be the full extent of my output today, barring a check-in later on, but it's a good day for it, as Cobalt was my #1 target today and he's made no case for changing my mind.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hedgeowl wrote:I don't like the taunting Cobalt trying to get us to vote him now. Claiming that ability after someone guessed it seems like what you did I a game LC when Juliets said you were indy and you weren't.

I am almost inclined to leave the LC-Cobalt thing for another day, but there have been so many questions raised between these two. I still have 4-5 pages to read before the last lynch,
Why would you want to leave those two for another day? I'm inclined to vote for cobalt more for the sake of moving the game along than anything else. We're all gonna stay hung up on this case for as long as it remains open and I feel it's turned into a big distraction. The sooner it's dealt with, the better.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Hedgeowl if you look back I also soft claimed and hinted at the ability multiple times. It's not like anyone figured it out from nothing.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

I'm gonna CRUCIFY anyone who pushes a lynch other than me to try and save Long Con's doomed ass.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:Hedgeowl if you look back I also soft claimed and hinted at the ability multiple times. It's not like anyone figured it out from nothing.
or you vaguely made reference to some ability and waited for people to speculate about its nature
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Hedgeowl if you look back I also soft claimed and hinted at the ability multiple times. It's not like anyone figured it out from nothing.
or you vaguely made reference to some ability and waited for people to speculate about its nature
I specifically said soft claim and hint because both of those are meant to be vague and not specific. :|
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

I don't think Dom would let players so freely divulge their abilities, so I think Cobalt is being less than truthful. Either way, his gameplay does not seem civvie at all right now. As such, I'll go ahead and *vote Cobalt*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I specifically said soft claim and hint because both of those are meant to be vague and not specific. :|
Yes. You did.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote: As for Sloonei, I agree with the questioning sentiment - I don't at this moment see him as bad for asking the questions, but I would like to see the information he receives from people's answers synthesized in some way in the thread. Dammit, I used "sentiment" twice, but I can't think of a better word to match my...sentiments...
The questions are just a part of the way I'm used to playing. I come from a community that approaches Day 1 much much differently than this one. I am usually recognized for asking a high volume of questions, but I had to double quadruple down on them in this game to make up for those differences in community (This is not a complaint at all. I love being exposed to these new styles of play and I'm just trying, in turn, to expose my own style as well). I am simply accustomed to people being much more forthcoming with their thoughts on a wide range of subjects than they are here, and I've been trying to engage as many people as I can in discussion about a number of topics early on. I believe that the more information that gets out into the thread right away, the harder it is for baddies to hide and the easier it becomes for everyone to scumhunt later on down the line.
I feel like I've made a fair amount of progress, but not enough yet to have gathered all the information I want or need. But it's still early, and I wouldn't expect to. I look forward to more questions and answers as the game progresses :)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Long Con wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Exhibit C: Guns hard after LC and gets very, VERY defensive when asked about anything else. Sure, he keeps saying he "doesn't give a fuck" about what others think, but sure seems to get frustrated when people point out the lack of logic/civ behavior behind his voting. He has also many several attempts to claim that lynching him will result in terrible, terrible things, and again, repeating that he "does not give a fuck"
nijuukyugou wrote:He has also many several attempts to claim that lynching him will result in terrible, terrible things
nijuukyugou wrote:He has also many several attempts
nijuukyugou wrote:many several
:sigh: My grammar done get real poor when I'm not teaching, and it's only been a week.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

How many teachers do we have here? I've got one semester left of school before I graduate and start looking for work as an English teacher. Is mafia just the thing all the cool teachers do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Cobalt wrote:I'm gonna CRUCIFY anyone who pushes a lynch other than me to try and save Long Con's doomed ass.
Guys, just vote for him. I don't want anyone to get CRUCIFIED on my behalf. I think I could have done some good with my role in this game, and I'll stand by for a rez if one comes up and someone totally cool gets control of it. :nicenod: I voted for Cobalt, he'll get the most votes, and then we can move on - hopefully, we'll be moving on, laughing in relief when we see that this is only a ploy gone sour for Cobalt, and he has no lynch shenanigans. :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:How many teachers do we have here? I've got one semester left of school before I graduate and start looking for work as an English teacher. Is mafia just the thing all the cool teachers do?
No, teaching is just the thing all the cool mafia players do. :slick:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote:How many teachers do we have here? I've got one semester left of school before I graduate and start looking for work as an English teacher. Is mafia just the thing all the cool teachers do?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Sloonei wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote: As for Sloonei, I agree with the questioning sentiment - I don't at this moment see him as bad for asking the questions, but I would like to see the information he receives from people's answers synthesized in some way in the thread. Dammit, I used "sentiment" twice, but I can't think of a better word to match my...sentiments...
The questions are just a part of the way I'm used to playing. I come from a community that approaches Day 1 much much differently than this one. I am usually recognized for asking a high volume of questions, but I had to double quadruple down on them in this game to make up for those differences in community (This is not a complaint at all. I love being exposed to these new styles of play and I'm just trying, in turn, to expose my own style as well). I am simply accustomed to people being much more forthcoming with their thoughts on a wide range of subjects than they are here, and I've been trying to engage as many people as I can in discussion about a number of topics early on. I believe that the more information that gets out into the thread right away, the harder it is for baddies to hide and the easier it becomes for everyone to scumhunt later on down the line.
I feel like I've made a fair amount of progress, but not enough yet to have gathered all the information I want or need. But it's still early, and I wouldn't expect to. I look forward to more questions and answers as the game progresses :)
Thanks for responding! I actually do like that you ask direct questions (it's a welcome change of pace for me), but I was curious about where the answers were actually going and how they were being used in analysis. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

Sloonei wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I don't like the taunting Cobalt trying to get us to vote him now. Claiming that ability after someone guessed it seems like what you did I a game LC when Juliets said you were indy and you weren't.

Why would you want to leave those two for another day? I'm inclined to vote for cobalt more for the sake of moving the game along than anything else. We're all gonna stay hung up on this case for as long as it remains open and I feel it's turned into a big distraction. The sooner it's dealt with, the better.
This. I feel like this is dominating the thread and we have other baddies to catch as well.
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

Cobalt wrote:I'm gonna CRUCIFY anyone who pushes a lynch other than me to try and save Long Con's doomed ass.
For goodness sake, why couldn't you just keep your heels cool. You make this game pointless to even play. Why bother having suspicions? Why bother trying?

You are single-handedly derailing this game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
No, teaching is just the thing all the cool mafia players do. :slick:
Greetings, fellow cool person.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have no interest in being a part of Cobalt's plan. I don't trust it, for one thing.

I'm going to vote BR.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I commend LC for taking things with as much grace as he has. I can assure you I would not.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:I have no interest in being a part of Cobalt's plan. I don't trust it, for one thing.

I'm going to vote BR.
I would consider voting for BR as well, but I do not feel confident enough in the case against her yet (in large part because she's not posted a whole lot). I want to hear more from her before I start considering voting for her.
I'm also still suspicious of sig and a little bit of Gumshoe and MP/Epi 2.0. I hope to have more reads before the end of the day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@sloonei - its not like she will be lynched anyway. Call it a protest vote.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

With that said, my vote is 99% on Cobalt today, and it appears we have little chance of lynching anyone else today. I am completely okay with this, saying nothing about him as a suspect. But, as we all seem to be settled on lynching him today, we can probably begin discussin other things and new names now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:@sloonei - its not like she will be lynched anyway. Call it a protest vote.
yes, i support this. BR should be questioned more heavily moving forward.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I'd support lynching Black Rock.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm not sure I see much reason to suspect BR. She generally starts out pretty quiet, and she was busy at some point, though I do hope to see her post more going forward. As of now she hasn't really posted anything that looks suspicious to me (but maybe that's because she's hiding behind the low posting style and avoiding saying much content) :shrug:

Anyway, I'm certainly voting for Cobalt today. I don't really believe his claims, and regardless, whatever happens we will certainly learn something.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:I'm not sure I see much reason to suspect BR. She generally starts out pretty quiet, and she was busy at some point, though I do hope to see her post more going forward. As of now she hasn't really posted anything that looks suspicious to me (but maybe that's because she's hiding behind the low posting style and avoiding saying much content) :shrug:

Anyway, I'm certainly voting for Cobalt today. I don't really believe his claims, and regardless, whatever happens we will certainly learn something.
who would you vote for after Cobalt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Not sure. Depending on how today turns out I might still want to look at LC, and possibly Tiny. I'm also interested in the suspicion on Sig and am keeping an eye on him. I am looking forward to hearing more from BR, and others who have seemed particularly blendy like Bass and DF.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

You won't need to look into LC, he's dying today.

Return to “Previous Jobs”