Moderator: Community Team

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [Night 17] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:If we all get killed by the leviathan and DP is the only one left alive, I am going to be really, really angry.
:haha:
:|
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Post by Epignosis »

I will have the Night post up after I get home this afternoon.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 316

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:If we all get killed by the leviathan and DP is the only one left alive, I am going to be really, really angry.
:haha:
:|
What?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 248

Post by timmer »

:coffee3:
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 252

Post by Flyin' High »

:coffee2:
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 17: The Orange Sea Leviathan

Harpoons and stun blasts peppered the orange sea leviathan’s scaly skin, yet its vigor was relentless.

But after some time, the creature stopped and the waters grew calm. The orange sea leviathan looked as though someone was speaking to it. It listened to the sea air like a powerful voice rode upon it. Then it submerged underneath the waters. All was quiet for a long time.

The mariner exhaled deeply. Sweat dribbled into his eyes. Happy to have been of assistance, Kate clapped the mariner’s shoulder and smiled a reassuring smile. The expression on the mariner’s face changed to terror, and Kate turned in time to see the beast rearing its head again. It thrust forward, and with a deftness that no natural sea beast should have, plucked Kate from the deck and swallowed her.

The creature returned to the deep, perhaps satisfied by this morsel.

Kate has been killed by Zodac.
It is now Day 18. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 15

Re: [Day 18] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry, can't vote for that poll option :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

:eek: Um, really?

I hope Kate was bad! So RIPIYWG Kate. I had been trying to get a fix on you all game to no avail but really wanted to trust you.

So um, DP again? Or the_untamed?
ImageImage

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 416

Post by blindfaeth »

RIPIYWG Kate and good post Epig-

FH I'm not sure, how is your spreadsheet looking regarding He-Man/She-Ra. Its possible DP had baddie shenanigans but he could also have transformed.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

He-Man and She-Ra I have big question marks for on my spreadsheet unfortunately.
ImageImage

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

There is no way DP is Heman or Shera. His posts yesterday were those of a baddie waiting to pull a trick, nit someone with a major civ role.
My siggie.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Srsly? That's fucked up.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

timmer wrote:There is no way DP is Heman or Shera. His posts yesterday were those of a baddie waiting to pull a trick, nit someone with a major civ role.
I must say I have to agree. He-Man and She-Ra are also big ?'s on my spread sheet unfortunately.

I think he's still the way to go-
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Go for it. :D
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 309

Post by thellama73 »

I am pretty sure Kate was good, so half of me wants to lynch timmer and the other half wants to go for DP again.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nah, I know DP is definitely bad and it would be grossly unfair for him to be able to protect himself from lynches indefinitely, so he gets my vote again.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

I don't think DP could possibly have any more shenanigans up his sleeves. If he doesn't die today then I think we really need to consider if we're wrong about Aces not being Horde or maybe lynch the_untamed.

*Votes DP*
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I kind of think the Zodac(timmer) kill was Zodac acting as a proxy for a force of nature. The leviathan killed Kate, but since Zodac is basically God, he gets the credit for what nature does.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Yes, I could see that. Because the way the post is written, it does seem as if it was more night event related than role-related. And other than this, Timmer has given me no reason not to trust him.
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Immediately, Nevinera has replaced the_untamed.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Ummm....welcome?
ImageImage

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Nevinera »

Hi! I'm completely new, so tell me - who can I trust around here? ;-)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:Hi! I'm completely new, so tell me - who can I trust around here? ;-)
Me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 450
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Never before have I seen someone replace in this insanely late in a game. Day 18? Has to be an all-time record and probably always will be.

Now I will go back to being dead. Go Horde! :feb:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Nevinera wrote:Hi! I'm completely new, so tell me - who can I trust around here? ;-)
Umm, hello lol.

So who wants to give Nevin the 18-day summary? XD
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Me, although I pity you having to attempt to understand this utterly insane game with 101 pages of material at so late a date..

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote: So who wants to give Nevin the 18-day summary? XD
I was going to try, but my records are incomplete having been killed and resurrected twice and eventually giving up on my spreadsheet.

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Trying to summarize this game might honestly do my head in. :solitary:
I trust blindfaeth, llama, Elohcin, and Timmer. Maybe Aces, we at least think he's not Horde because Horde tried to kill him Night 3. We have reason to think DP is the last baddie in this game so we're trying to lynch him for the second time today. If he survives again, we might just wonder if you're the last baddie!
ImageImage

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Keep those votes comin dudes.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

thellama73 wrote:I kind of think the Zodac(timmer) kill was Zodac acting as a proxy for a force of nature. The leviathan killed Kate, but since Zodac is basically God, he gets the credit for what nature does.
I like this thought process. ;airguitar:
My siggie.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Flyin' High wrote:I trust blindfaeth, llama, Elohcin, and Timmer. Maybe Aces, we at least think he's not Horde because Horde tried to kill him Night 3. We have reason to think DP is the last baddie in this game so we're trying to lynch him for the second time today. If he survives again, we might just wonder if you're the last baddie!
I am unclear on why his survival would add any weight to that possibility.. Or is this just a 'Vote for DP *or else*' kind of thing?

It does feel like he's trying to pretend to be invulnerable by inviting attack though. I'm not sure how subtle these games usually are - is reverse-reverse psychology unlikely here? (being invulnerable, and pretending to be pretending that it's true).
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Well, we've had a few lynches where a player was unlynchable for a bit, but then used up whatever protections/vote manipulations they had thus finally becoming lynchable (see MovingPictures).

I have reason to believe DP doesn't have any sort of weird vote manipulations surrounding him today. If he survives then I think we're wrong about him being the last mafia this game because if there is no way for the civvies to take out the last mafia, then what's the point of continuing to play?

We think we've eliminated Snake Mountain, though Epignosis told us he won't confirm if that's true. At this point the only candidates for the last mafia are DP and you. We ruled out AceofSpaces because the Horde tried to kill him early on in the game so we figure unless that was a bluff then Aces isn't a threat.

Since your predecessor, the_untamed, never showed up to play, we decided that DP had to be the last mafia because we felt it would be sucky if this game was still going on due to a no-show player. Honestly, you subbing in has me worried because I have never ever ever seen a host not modkill no shows and on top of that, never seen someone sub in this late in the game.

Granted, I've never played a game that has gone beyond 6-weeks before. A month is more the norm for a game this size.

So yeah, to make a long answer short. I implicitly trust BF, llama, Elohcin, and Timmer due to the way events have played out through this game. So that doesn't leave many players left who could be bad.
ImageImage

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

It doesn't help that the only possible Hordie would have a completely secret power, huh? And Hordak lasted for a long time, so who knows what mysterious tech might be in play for that team :-\

Llama's first resurrection doesn't fit with any scenarios that have him on the Horde, unless they got several pretty interesting gadgets.. And I have a suspicion about who he is anyway (though it is based on flavor text, which I recall Epig saying can't be relied on).

Does anyone want to chime in on why they don't think FH is bad? I'm finding people's expressed logic to be very helpful and informative :-)
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149

Post by Elohcin »

blindfaeth wrote:
Umm, hello lol.

So who wants to give Nevin the 18-day summary? XD
Welcome Nevinera. This is my first Mafia game as well and it has been quite intense. I don't suggest trying to read all 101 pages, however, I believe you can trust Flyin' High's comment, "I trust blindfaeth, llama, Elohcin, and Timmer. Maybe Aces, we at least think he's not Horde because Horde tried to kill him Night 3. We have reason to think DP is the last baddie in this game so we're trying to lynch him for the second time today. If he survives again, we might just wonder if you're the last baddie!"
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Voting DP again. Let's get him out of here.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

;)
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

;)
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm not evil, of course, but I do follow the logic. I think that you should consider though that, this late in such a long game, it would be similarly painful for Epig to drop a civ for inactivity; it wouldn't end the game suddenly, but it would make everyone feel negatively about the experience. "If only ____ hadn't dropped out, we'dve totally won", etc.
Flyin' High wrote:I have reason to believe DP doesn't have any sort of weird vote manipulations surrounding him today. If he survives then I think we're wrong about him being the last mafia this game because if there is no way for the civvies to take out the last mafia, then what's the point of continuing to play?
The problem here is that, since we don't know what the mechanism is, we don't know when (or if) it should run out. It would be unlikely for him to be unlynchable for good, but he could easily have something like "X% chance of being unlynchable", or "unlynchable N times" or even something more complicated, like "unlynchable unless an odd number of people vote for him".
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

That said, I'm confident enough to join the mob. Voting for DP.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Voted DP.
My siggie.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

:o :D
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

i know, shocking, right?
My siggie.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by AceofSpaces »

Voted for obviously evil person #32
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 18: The Horde Trooper

“Mariner,” thellama73 said, feeling the urgency of the spell at work once more. “We are compelled by some strange magic from the Village of Veridas to try and kill someone among our party. That is why you witnessed what you witnessed yesterday.”

The mariner looked more disturbed than surprised.

“In any event,” Flyin’ High said, “It’s come down to this.” She drew her scimitars and charged at DisgruntledPorcupine.

DisgruntledPorcupine’s disturbing smile made her waver, and before she could think another thought, she was tackled to the ground, her breath momentarily stolen from her.

“How did a Horde Trooper arrive here?” someone asked.

The Horde Trooper had a stun wand, ready to shock the next one who made a move at him into a temporary oblivion. Yet the Horde Trooper’s helmet did it in, for blindfaeth was obscured in the periphery, and he swung a mighty club, bashing in the Horde Trooper’s armor. “Throw him overboard,” blindfaeth said.

DisgruntledPorcupine grinned and began waving his gaunt hands.

“Oh no you don’t. You are done!” cried thellama73, who had kept a close vigil over the harpoons. He let the blade fly and it pierced the heart of DisgruntledPorcupine.

The scream turned into a hiss, and instead of blood spurting forth, a black, ghostly vapor spewed out of the wound. It wafted toward the ceiling of the hull and dissipated. A tattered long garment and cowl were all that remained.

DisgruntledPorcupine has been lynched. He was Shadow Weaver.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 18: The Mariner’s Tale

It took a long time to explain to the mariner the exact nature of the plight of the travelers, but in time, he seemed to understand.

“That is the strangest tale I have ever been told,” he marveled. “Tonight is quiet, and I do not feel much like cards. Perhaps I can tell a tale that will rival what you have told me, at least in your own ears. I know many! What sounds like the most interesting one?”

It is now Night 18. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.
Elohcin
Hitman

Re: [Night 18] Masters of the Universe Mafia

Post by Elohcin »

:yay: Finally!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

What, why isn't the game over??
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Is it possible aces or nevin are bad? or do you guys think its possible zodacs win condition doesnt mesh with ours?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Whew. The way DP was acting so cocky, I was beginning to worry that shadow Weaver's secret was that she was a seemer, and that DP was actually Modulak. Glad to see that that little hunch was wrong. BIH DP!
My siggie.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Glad we got the last Horde....but the game isn't over...ugh. I don't want to randomly keep lynching people until we find the last hidden baddie. :( But yeah, at this point I guess there is still another Snake Mountain? Merman? So Aces or the_untamed. I'll go see how Aces has voted in lynches where we got Snake Mountaineers lynched.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”