The Urban Cowboy (non/dead)
50%

Total votes: 8
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Re: [Day 6] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Golden »

A massacre is not the gist of the West Side Story role. It was just a specific word in there that was distinctive that I thought Scotty could use to confirm we had the same role.

Sloonei - I've read all of your iso's. At this point my vote is most likely to go to Cobalt or bubbles. Because I think the evidence points in those directions. Bubbles sounds like she is scrambling. Cobalt has certainly settled down but here is what for me is so persuasive I can't look beyond it...

TGG's team killed Epi. Epi subbed back in and said his views were still the same. TGG promptly quit. Why did that happen if none of Epi's views were about one of TGG's teammates? For me, the absolute most critical thing I think we can do today is analyse Epi's posts on day one. For me they lead to Cobalt, but I'd like to hear other views.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I am getting a little impatient waiting for Cobalt to start playing again and I'm becoming more suspicious of him as the days go by.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This is the first time since Day 1 that I feel like we've been without a clear top suspect. I'm very excited to see where the discussion takes us. At any rate, I think it's imperative, more so than on any other prior Day this game, that everybody is an active participant in the ongoing discussion today. We've had some remarkable success without our last three lynches, but now things are starting to get a little bit tougher and it's gonna take a real team effort to catch the rest of the baddies.
I'm practically begging everyone to share any thought they have, no matter how insignificant it feels. The more content and information we have to work with, the better.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Putting Cobalt aside, do you get my rationale for day one epi analysis from a logic perspective?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Bass interactions with Gamerguy/G-man:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey Gamer Guy what do you make of this day zero?
Jesus Toast all around.

Personally I don't really start playing until day 2. I work better with hard facts and analytical data. Occasionally the classic freduian slip. For now none of this shit really means anything, but it may be useful in hindsight later down the road. I've mostly been skimming because I make a conscious effort not to engage in day 0. Gotten myself in trouble quite few times because I thought I would be smartass in one way or another.
Well you better not be the guy who does "jack shit" then just comes in the thread and drops a vote or chooses not to vote. :haha:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Gamer Guy you were just on a mafia team with S~V~S, do you think we are seeing her mafia game here?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:G-man why didnt you try to defend yourself? Instead you just asked people to keep voting for you so you could use some kind of role power that might have helped the civs later down the road. This comes off bad to me and for that reason I'm voting for you .
There's not much here. Bass asked Gamerguy a few good questions early on and seemed to be trying to draw some content out of him. His only post at/about G-man came very late, after G-man's lynch was all but finalized. I don't get a whole lot out of this in any direction. I'm still inclined to say that the early posts with Gamer guy make Bass look good, but it could be a soft bus attempt maybe. I dunno. Nothing too strong here.

Black Rock:
Black Rock wrote:
Sloonei wrote:My desire to vote for G-man stems more from gamerguy's posts than anything the G-man has done himself, which is unfortunate for him.
Was it gamerguy who had an issue with dead replacing in?
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:Hey BR, not going to ask your view on LC but do you feel like otherwise you are beginning to get a sense of general reads on people outside of TH and bass?
I have several people on my not so naughty list. I haven't seen a reason to mention them because I don't suspect them.

I do however believe Gman should be lynched, as well as Bass. I think Gman should probably go first.

I however don't believe LC killed Epignosis. It's not his style. I have been trying to stay out of the whole LC thing though.

I want to hear enough out of TH to believe him to be good. (I know you technically didn't want to hear about TH and Bass but I don't want them to think I forgot about them.)

I'm not seeing what FZ is seeing in Splints.

Not sure what to make of you yet Golden. I always lean civ so I have put you in neutral to be on the safe side.

I am a personal reader so these newer guys to me :shrug:
Black Rock wrote:I voted for Gman. I can't get anything to load on my computer right now so i'm on my phone. I believe Gman to be on the team that killed epig.
Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
Act One, Scene Four cont'd

Dom is not feeling well. Dom is exhauted. Dom would love to be more creative, but Dom threw up and wants to sleep. This is why Dom should consider having a co-host.

Long Con has been lynched. He was Frank Wildhorn.
It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to get your PMs in.
Great job! I still want to lynch Gman as well. I also want to review the thread when I'm not phoning it. I feel at least one of Gmans teammates would have kept the lynch focused LCS way hoping he would flip bad and they wouldn't lose Gman.

Bass, I'm glad to see you hanging out. Where did you go? Can you find TH?
Black Rock wrote:I voted for Gman today. It is time.
BR looks pretty solid here. She's all over G-man for a while, and her one mention of gamerguy suggests she was not super-aware of his presence in the thread early on, but that she was aware of their being a suspicion involving him, which doesn't feel like something that would happen between mafia teammates.

Cobalt:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey Gamer Guy what do you make of this day zero?
Jesus Toast all around.

Personally I don't really start playing until day 2. I work better with hard facts and analytical data. Occasionally the classic freduian slip. For now none of this shit really means anything, but it may be useful in hindsight later down the road. I've mostly been skimming because I make a conscious effort not to engage in day 0. Gotten myself in trouble quite few times because I thought I would be smartass in one way or another.
This post keeps worrying me every time my eyes pass over it. I know every player has theirnown style, and i've certainly seen this particular style used effectively by townies (i do it sometimes myself), I never like a player giving themselves an excuse not to be active at any stage in the thread. GamerGuy has a few posts like this already. I am not saying that this strategy is dishonest or that his internet problems are not real, but I Refuse to give him a pass just because of these posts.
Tell us if you have any thoughts, Mr Gamer.
As far as I've experienced that's classic TGG, and before anyone jumps down my throat saying "defending him" and "interesting" I'm just pointing out things based on my prior knowledge and don't have a lean on him in either direction.

He's already defended himself just fine.
Cobalt wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
timmer wrote:
Golden wrote:Cobalt has been insanified :haha:
I just to that part. Sometimes, an insanifier is just the right thing, isn't it? :haha:
literally eat purple woman asshole
:haha: Oh man, it's been so long since I've seen an insanifier. A curse for the insanified but a blessing for everyone else!
honeytongued go fuck yourself
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:While we're all trying to interpret that End of Night post, what do we make of those two hooded figures shaking hands? Did they conspire to save me? Hoods are an inherently evil clothing item, so I dunno
idk why dont you tell us scumnei
are you trying to call me scum here?
not if you help me FINALLY lynch long con today

what i don't understand is if people like Epi think me and LC are teammates then it's beneficial to kill both of us so let's just start with Long Con mmkay?
Why not lynch G-Man today?
Cuz my vote isn't changeable and not for nothing but I feel bad lynching someone when they're incapable of properly defending themselves.
Cobalt wrote:inb4 G-Man either bombs or somehow survives this phase
Not looking too good here. Cobalt's only mention of Gamerguy is a post where he defends him, that gets preemptively over-defensive about defending him, and then defends him some more. His interactions involving G-man are minimal. He posted a vague and ultimately empty warning about G-man having a trick up his sleeve, and also mentions that he doesn't support a lynch of G-man at some point on some day where G-man's unable to defend himself, I assume that's when he's insanified, I dunno I'm exhausted and a little bit drunk, I shouldn't be trying to do this much analysis right now. Cobalt doesn't sparkle here.

I'll start back up with DFaraday in the morning/afternoon/whenever I wake up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:Putting Cobalt aside, do you get my rationale for day one epi analysis from a logic perspective?
I absolutely do. It was a factor in my strong suspicion of G-man the last couple of days.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP FZ. Had a civ read on her :(
And Bass survived a kill? interesting... Bass, any idea how?

Bubbles is looking worse and worse, I think she is caught. I'm definitely planning to vote for her as of now. But it is also a good idea to look for possible G-Man teammates as Sloonei is doing.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 4] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:I go back and forth on Scotty, perhaps neutral would have been a better place for him. I'll need to read back on that one and really present an informed view. For now, read it as 'some of the things Scotty says bother me a little'. It may be down to newness at the game. Scotty is SO town-sounding when it comes to a whole lot of aspects of the game. I particularly need to look back at his views on LC. I don't think Scotty is on team 1.
Have you had a chance to look over Scotty's posts, Golden? I'm really interested in hearing what you have to say about him because I found practically nothing to be suspicious about when I did my ISO of him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote:RIP FZ. Had a civ read on her :(
And Bass survived a kill? interesting... Bass, any idea how?

Bubbles is looking worse and worse, I think she is caught. I'm definitely planning to vote for her as of now. But it is also a good idea to look for possible G-Man teammates as Sloonei is doing.
What sorts of things would you be on the lookout for when searching for potential scum partners?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:I go back and forth on Scotty, perhaps neutral would have been a better place for him. I'll need to read back on that one and really present an informed view. For now, read it as 'some of the things Scotty says bother me a little'. It may be down to newness at the game. Scotty is SO town-sounding when it comes to a whole lot of aspects of the game. I particularly need to look back at his views on LC. I don't think Scotty is on team 1.
Have you had a chance to look over Scotty's posts, Golden? I'm really interested in hearing what you have to say about him because I found practically nothing to be suspicious about when I did my ISO of him.
I haven't, sorry - I've been really flat out on other things and haven't had a chance to read back on anyone. I hope to today (game time), but realistically I might not get the opportunity until Saturday (my time) which is late day/early night of this phase.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

DFaraday's interactions with/about Gamer/G-man
DFaraday wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Who is your top suspect right now, DFaraday? would you be willing to put an early vote on anyone right now?
I suppose still Cobalt, although his over-the-top reaction to LC surviving did seem pretty sincere. Were I to do a rainbow list, the next highest people would be TB, Hedge, and Gamer Guy (now G-Man). I think Golden may have been on to something with his find, but i agree with MM that it's not really in the spirit of Mafia to use other threads for info.
DFaraday wrote:
Golden wrote:I said I dislike bringing in info from other threads, but I definitely disagree that it's bad form. I only dislike doing it because not everyone is in all the threads and it risks alienating people.

People use past games to justify their own behaviour all the time. Is that bad form? Is it bad form to look up other threads at all to use it for your own internal thought processes? That doesn't make sense to me. I will use whatever information is available to me to make the best judgement.
There's a lot of grey area, but I do feel like there ought to be some accepted limits for out of thread info. Like, say, if LC says something to BR in real life that accidentally implied that he was on a team, I would definitely think it in poor form if BR came into the thread and posted about it. But where those limits should be, I'm not sure.

It's neither here nor there since you've already posted about it, though. I want to hear what G-Man has to say, although I'm not sure how much further we can go with Gamer Guy gone.

EBWOP: I do agree about Gamer Guy repeatedly posting about his Internet. He could have been spending those posts actually contributing.
DFaraday wrote:G-Man seems to have no interest in defending himself, and it reads like a defeated baddie to me (or at best an unhelpful civvie). Speaking of unhelpful civvie, that's how I'm looking at MM. If he were bad I don't think he'd have such tunnel vision; this is definitely a departure in style for him. I'm still not convinced about LC being bad, either, so MM's sureness seems misplaced.

I will go ahead and *vote G-Man*
DFaraday wrote:Yay for no death! Even though I'm probably still going to vote G-Man, his vote chart is helpful. My initial takeaway from it is that the later LC voters from Day 1 are unlikely to be Mafia 2, since the vote was fairly tight all the way up to the end. And given the way MM has played, I very much doubt if he's on that team, so I think basically all of the LC voters on Day 1 are not Mafia 2.

Similarly, I'd think the early Sig voters on Day 3 are probably not Mafia 1, but once it started to turn into a runaway, I'm thinking one or two teammates slipped in. So I'd say Sloonei, Scotty, FZ, and Bubbles look pretty good in that regard, but MM, Ninja, or FS (or more than one of them) could have been a bandwagon vote for a teammate.
DFaraday wrote:I'm going to go ahead and *vote G-Man* now. Nothing has changed my mind about him.
Not looking too bad here, although his votes for G-man mostly came at a time when G-man was the thread's #1 or 2 suspect. Plus, I've long held the belief that scum will always slip at least one of their partners into their "list of suspects", and could see DFaraday being scum and doing this with his Day 1 pretend rainbow. OR he could be on the other scum team. Or maybe he's indie. Or just a really shady townie. like i said, i'm not in prime analytical condition. Someone else look at these posts for me and tell me what you think. and take my keys.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I haven't, sorry - I've been really flat out on other things and haven't had a chance to read back on anyone. I hope to today (game time), but realistically I might not get the opportunity until Saturday (my time) which is late day/early night of this phase.
ain't no problem. I am very interested in hearing any differing opinions from the ones I expressed in my rainbow right now. My perspective is only my own, and I value everyone else's opinions greatly on these matters.

If anyone disagrees with any of my reads as expressed by this rainbow list, please tell me why. The more discussion, the better.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

Back home, finally.

So have we had any indication, through decoded roles or otherwise, that there is a role that steals other roles' powers?

I just read the latest night post and this is the first time we've had a Singer 1 and a Singer 2. Every other night post has just featured "singer". Singer 1 mentioned nutella and TinyBubbles, while Singer 2 mentioned Epignosis. This also seems to be the first time we've had two kill shots, and one of them specifically by "clyde".

Have we had anything from decoding Bonnie & Clyde? I haven't written any of the decodes down. I wonder if B&C could somehow steal people's powers and use them, causing a bonus kill of they stole from the other mafia, let's say?
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Timmer - interesting thought about a role stealer. My thoughts on it:

Singer 1 and singer 2 have their songs combined. If your theory about that was correct, then G-Man's theory that Dom is writing the singers entries seems more likely, and it would mean the rolw is simply the ability to get the host to publish your suspicions in the post. Possible, but also possible that the singer just chose to write it that way because the original song had two singers?

Also, I doubt we would see them manage to steal two abilities in one night, but that isn't impossible... and if I was mafia 2, and had the ability to steal something, I would probably aim to get a kill. The idea of Bonnie and Clyde, specifically, being able to 'steal' an ability seems very in character too. So if there is a stealing ability I think it's more likely to be the kill than the song.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I've just reread Black Rock, and I'm not liking what I read.

No listed Day 1 vote.

Night 1 posted this:

"I think Golden brought up Hedgeowl and I do what to look more into what he was saying there and where it went from there. I will be looking more seriously at Cobalt and I will read LC. I also want to look an nutella and TH. nutella because some of her earlier day 1 posts seemed too agreeable and TH because."

That's a big Night 1 net to cast. I note not only the number of people she listed, but the wording difference between Cobalt and Long Con. "will read Long Con" vs "looking more seriously at Cobalt". The LC comment feels passive, secondary.

Also night 1: "I have no real suspicion of LC."

And also: "I have some suspicion of Cobalt, he is new to me but he seems to be basing his LC suspicion on a different game and some things he says seem off. I'm watching Bass as well."

So we've got Cobalt, Long Con, Nutella, Turnip Head And Bass, all night 1 to be watched.

Day 2: "I'm voting Bass now. I am certain he is bad."

Also: "When you are asking me about Bass have you taken the time to read his posts. Particularly when he does and doesn't mention LC and the context. If you notice he asks Epig a few questions abput LC on day 0 and doesn't again bring him up until night 1. Then he comes in and gives some vague suspicion about vibes and doesn't follow through on anything. From there it only gets worse. His thoughts are the threads thoughts. He's hiding behind everyone elses ideas. The more I read his posts the more certain I am."

Some minor comments about TH.

So Day 2 there is NO talk about Long Con (except for once indirectly, referring to how Bass mentions him). NO talk about Cobalt. NO talk of Nutella. Mild talk of TH, much of it banter. And then full on CERTAINTY about Bass.

So we went from five names to 2, and really just 1.

I'LL PUT THIS IN CAPS FOR EFFECT. THIS WAS THE DAY COBALT GOT ALL OF THE VOTES AND TRIED TO APPARENTLY LYNCH LONG CON. BR said she would look into them, the Cobalt/Long Con shitstorm a-brewed, and she never mentioned any of it.

Day 3: "Just did a huge catch up. Why is TH so forgettable this game. I can't think of any of his opinions." Starts right into another of her listed suspicions that no one is really on, note that TH is absent from the game clearly already at this point.

Nutella mentions sig looking bad. BR: "I missed that, I didn't read the green text. Switching my vote now." Never mentioned sig before this point, but just jumps right on there.

Later same day when listing her suspicions to Golden: "I have several people on my not so naughty list. I haven't seen a reason to mention them because I don't suspect them. I do however believe Gman should be lynched, as well as Bass. I think Gman should probably go first. I however don't believe LC killed Epignosis. It's not his style. I have been trying to stay out of the whole LC thing though. I want to hear enough out of TH to believe him to be good. (I know you technically didn't want to hear about TH and Bass but I don't want them to think I forgot about them.) I'm not seeing what FZ is seeing in Splints. Not sure what to make of you yet Golden. I always lean civ so I have put you in neutral to be on the safe side. I am a personal reader so these newer guys to me :shrug:"

Look at how many people she's mentioned in there, but doesn't even bother to mention sig who she just jumped on? Also, that's another defence of LC.

Later: "I don't think LC was in on shenanigans with Cobalt. I read it as genuine frustration on both their parts." Another defence of LC.

BR voted sig. So here we had a day where she jumped on an easy bandwagon without hardly any thought. Supported Long Con. And still talked about the absent TH and Bass and now G-Man who was already clearly imploding.

Day 4: states right away she is voting G-Man. REMEMBER THIS LYNCH WAS BETWEEN LONG CON AND G-MAN.

Spends the day picking little fights with MM and FZ. Still lists Bass as her main suspect.

"MM, mostly I want to lynch Gman and Bass in that order. That will give TH plenty of time to come back and explain his absence and non-involvement." Not really mentioning Long Con at all.

Day 5: easy peasy voted for G-Man. We all did.

Day 6 has begun with BR making a sort of comment about TinyBubbles maybe being suspicious.

I encourage people to read her posts. I strongly believe BR is bad. She's barely mentioned the baddies who were lynched while they were alive except to defend them. Except for G-Man who was too obvious, but even there, he made a nice way to try to defend Long Con.

I believe BR is bad and she will get my vote today, most likely. Sorry for the length of the post.
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, you are seeing what I'm seeing on BR timmer, I'm glad someone else sees it.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Main points for me.

1. Despite posting quite a bit that day, BR's vote post against sig is the only she mentioned him all game. She hadn't ever mentioned him before, she didn't technically even mention him when she voted him, and she never mentioned him after. Search "sig" through her posts, he will only appear in the posts of people she quoted in a reply. Yet she voted for him to be lynched AFTER saying she was CERTAIN Bass is bad.

2. Has defended Long Con all game.

3. Has focused her attentions more on talking about players who aren't around (Turnip Head) or secondary to any of the game's main story lines (Bass) and avoided talking about the main points, unless defending Long Con (never talked about Cobalt/Long Con the day Cobalt took all of the lynch votes).

She's bad.
My siggie.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is what I'd add. But specifically look at the second post I quote (the one not in the spoiler tags). I think its critical.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Golden wrote:@Timmer - interesting thought about a role stealer. My thoughts on it:

Singer 1 and singer 2 have their songs combined. If your theory about that was correct, then G-Man's theory that Dom is writing the singers entries seems more likely, and it would mean the rolw is simply the ability to get the host to publish your suspicions in the post. Possible, but also possible that the singer just chose to write it that way because the original song had two singers?

Also, I doubt we would see them manage to steal two abilities in one night, but that isn't impossible... and if I was mafia 2, and had the ability to steal something, I would probably aim to get a kill. The idea of Bonnie and Clyde, specifically, being able to 'steal' an ability seems very in character too. So if there is a stealing ability I think it's more likely to be the kill than the song.
Good point. Looking back, the "singer" songs have sometimes mentioned multiple players, so the fact that Singers 1 and 2 each list people may not mean anything. It def. could be colour. But the Clyde kill must be Bonnie & Clyde, no? It would be strange for Dom to list it as "Clyde" if it wasn't that role, as it would be a direct misdirection by the host? Unless that's built into something, but I'm prob overthinking it.

We've had a ton of failed baddie kills, so it's definitely possible one was stolen somehow, but the timing is weird and it may be a simplistic guess or assumption.

I think I will leave it at the fact that SOMEHOW Clyde got what appears to be a bonus kill.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Yeah, I'm almost certain BR is bad. The sig vote is what did it for me. So much going on, so much to comment on and post about, and she doesn't, but right in the middle of the day just jumps on the vote with no preamble despite saying she is CERTAIN Bass is bad.
My siggie.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: FZ. It's been so hot haven't been in the mood to play. Gotta catch up on some stuff
Golden wrote:@BR - superhero mafia on RM did that, did you play that one? It also happened in Superman mafia - in that game I was on a baddie team that didn't even have a kill at all until we combined. I think it was done fairly often on STV/RM to combine mafia teams when they got too small.
It hasn't really happened much since then, but it was pretty much an STV thing. (The hosts using it on RM were all STV players - me, bf, LT, Dex, etc. It did happen at least once in a game BR has played though - Soap Opera mafia. I remember specifically because my team combined with LC's team, and we wanted to kill BR but didn't know LC enough to know if he'd be ok with it. So long ago lol
Gro-oo-ovy
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:Only scotty, nutella, FZ and sloonei, you say...

I would have thought the interests of the mafia would be in making sure they had someone on each side of the poll.
Astute, my friend. Very astute.

Do you think BOTH mafia teams made sure they had a hand in each pot, or do you think one of them might have been clever enough to be scared off by the low numbers on the Les Mis (?) option?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:Only West Side Story and wildhorn, other than the one you and scotty got.
what's the gist of the west side story role?
It sounds like a massacre.
If I were a Jet, I'd shark the hell outta dodge.

linki- I've deciphered the thing, Sloonei, but go ahead and give a whack at it. I think it's a good thing for us to know, but (like Golden) not necessarily share.

Wildhorn can corrupt the plays Whistle, Merrily and Primrose. In whatever capacity that means.
Whoa. Is this the first time this specific info has come up?! If not, why not?! This seems like information that we could have used to try and protect those players from corruption.

(If this has come up before and I just missed it because I'm a lazy reader, apologies =! My bad. Carry on :P )
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

In other news, I agree that Bubbles is sounding rather scrambly, but there's also a link between her and Nutella that I want to look into if Bubbles were to turn up bad. I also think ninja needs looking at (it's about that time in the game where I inevitably suspect her for being blendy), but her play this game is reminding me a LOT of Roger Rabbit. If I get a chance later on I'll pull some posts and be more specific about what I'm talking about, but I actually am more likely to vote Bubbles or BR (based on Timmer's thoughts, which I need to look over more closely) today so I think ninja can wait since it's a less substantial suspicion. Earlier in my catch-up I was feeling that Cobalt was deffo bad, but the fact that he hasn't yet lived up to his promise to be more engaged actually makes me less suspicious of him (contrary to Sloonei's opposite thought). I just think the impetus to clean up your image and contribute is much stronger for the mafia (especially if you've got a chat room full of buddies counting on you to do so), while civs who are feeling disengaged/uninterested in the game have no real push to get back into it.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. :)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Canuck, what do you mean about a link between Bubbles and me?

Interesting case on BR, I might have to rethink my stance on her. I didn't realize she had so completely avoided discussions like Cobalt/LC. I still have a weird hunch telling me she's not LC's teammate, but the more I think about it the more I can see it. I've so far been inclined to think she's a civvie who's just been holding back a little from some of the thread discussion and interjecting some of her own less popular opinions now and then, but the way you've shown it her post history is looking more and more baddie-like.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

nutella wrote:Canuck, what do you mean about a link between Bubbles and me?
It's honestly just a really little thing that I noticed, and is entirely dependent on my suspicion of Bubbles, and is so little that it's not worth pursuing unless and until Bubbles turns up bad. For now, my suspicion of you is no higher than it is of any number of people that I have a neutral or null read on, so I'm keeping my focus elsewhere for the time being. :beer:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:Main points for me.

1. Despite posting quite a bit that day, BR's vote post against sig is the only she mentioned him all game. She hadn't ever mentioned him before, she didn't technically even mention him when she voted him, and she never mentioned him after. Search "sig" through her posts, he will only appear in the posts of people she quoted in a reply. Yet she voted for him to be lynched AFTER saying she was CERTAIN Bass is bad.

3. Has focused her attentions more on talking about players who aren't around (Turnip Head) or secondary to any of the game's main story lines (Bass) and avoided talking about the main points, unless defending Long Con (never talked about Cobalt/Long Con the day Cobalt took all of the lynch votes).

She's bad.
So am I on LC's team or Sig's? Sorry I had no suspicion on Sig until he was outed by himself. I don't think I defended LC ALL game. I did say I didn't think he killed Epig and I was right. Who are you trying to lead the lynch away from today Timmer?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Black Rock wrote:
timmer wrote:Main points for me.

She's bad.
So am I on LC's team or Sig's? Sorry I had no suspicion on Sig until he was outed by himself. I don't think I defended LC ALL game. I did say I didn't think he killed Epig and I was right. Who are you trying to lead the lynch away from today Timmer?
Why do you suspect he's tryin to lead the lynch away from someone?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Canucklehead wrote:In other news, I agree that Bubbles is sounding rather scrambly, but there's also a link between her and Nutella that I want to look into if Bubbles were to turn up bad. I also think ninja needs looking at (it's about that time in the game where I inevitably suspect her for being blendy), but her play this game is reminding me a LOT of Roger Rabbit. If I get a chance later on I'll pull some posts and be more specific about what I'm talking about, but I actually am more likely to vote Bubbles or BR (based on Timmer's thoughts, which I need to look over more closely) today so I think ninja can wait since it's a less substantial suspicion. Earlier in my catch-up I was feeling that Cobalt was deffo bad, but the fact that he hasn't yet lived up to his promise to be more engaged actually makes me less suspicious of him (contrary to Sloonei's opposite thought). I just think the impetus to clean up your image and contribute is much stronger for the mafia (especially if you've got a chat room full of buddies counting on you to do so), while civs who are feeling disengaged/uninterested in the game have no real push to get back into it.

Those are my thoughts at the moment. :)
i'm honestly still not sure what to make of cobalt at all, but i'm gonna keep calling him a suspect until he starts to post more because i think that's a good way to get his attention.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

Canucklehead wrote:Earlier in my catch-up I was feeling that Cobalt was deffo bad, but the fact that he hasn't yet lived up to his promise to be more engaged actually makes me less suspicious of him (contrary to Sloonei's opposite thought). I just think the impetus to clean up your image and contribute is much stronger for the mafia (especially if you've got a chat room full of buddies counting on you to do so), while civs who are feeling disengaged/uninterested in the game have no real push to get back into it.
Yes, except Cobalt hasn't been taking any heat in the past few days, so what impetus does he have to clean up and be more engaging? Not really until last night, honestly, have we (Epi, then I) brought him back into suspicion. When he posted explaining he was playing lazy the last few days, I expected that was on account of the fact that he could just skim. He was already pretty ambiguously aligned. Wouldn't a civ try and contribute at this point?

The longer he sits away from the game, the more suspicious I grow of him.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Scotty wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:Earlier in my catch-up I was feeling that Cobalt was deffo bad, but the fact that he hasn't yet lived up to his promise to be more engaged actually makes me less suspicious of him (contrary to Sloonei's opposite thought). I just think the impetus to clean up your image and contribute is much stronger for the mafia (especially if you've got a chat room full of buddies counting on you to do so), while civs who are feeling disengaged/uninterested in the game have no real push to get back into it.
Yes, except Cobalt hasn't been taking any heat in the past few days, so what impetus does he have to clean up and be more engaging? Not really until last night, honestly, have we (Epi, then I) brought him back into suspicion. When he posted explaining he was playing lazy the last few days, I expected that was on account of the fact that he could just skim. He was already pretty ambiguously aligned. Wouldn't a civ try and contribute at this point?

The longer he sits away from the game, the more suspicious I grow of him.
I dunno. The "wouldn't a civ try and contribute at this point?" argument never really works for me, because in my own experience, I contribute VERY little as a civ (as you may have noticed! :grin: ) unless I have an awesome power (see Roger Rabbit) or until the number of players remaining are of a (to me) manageable number. That's just how I work. Maybe Cobalt is the same: once his vendetta against LC was taken care of, his interest level dropped :shrug: I'm not trying to defend him, just pushing back against the "drop off in activity = baddie" assertions that seem to be swirling around him. If he had been a low-poster/no-show from the beginning (*cough* DREAM *cough*) I'd be more willing to look at his lack of participation as a tactical/strategic thing, but in this instance it really doesn't make sense to me that his posting style/circumstances is indicative of a known (? is Cobalt known? Or is this his first game here?) aggressive/vocal player with teammates. I could, of course, be wrong.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

That said, I agree with Sloonei that calling him out is probably a reasonably effective method of goading him into actually participating :shrug:
Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Re: [Day 5] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Scotty »

Cobalt wrote:inb4 G-Man either bombs or somehow survives this phase
What was the point of this post?

Also, who do you guys think was silenced today, if anyone? Could be Cobalt. Could be DREAM.

I have this theory that DREAM has continually been silenced every day since Day 0, and is just WAITING to explode with some insight.
A boy can dream, anyway.

Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

I'm hoping to reply to Sloonei and other peoples concerns about me later. Finally have my internet working a bit better. However, I am suddenly faced with being in the situation where my relationship is breaking down and it's causing me a great deal of stress abd causing me to care a lot less about mafia. I may be quiet for another day or two, or I may just focus my attentions on mafia full time. Who the fuck knows. This is not to make you feel sorry for me and decide not to vote for me. Lynch me if you feel you must. Just wanted to let you know, I'm trying my best and will be a participant as soon as I can.
Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

Neverwhere wrote:I'm hoping to reply to Sloonei and other peoples concerns about me later. Finally have my internet working a bit better. However, I am suddenly faced with being in the situation where my relationship is breaking down and it's causing me a great deal of stress abd causing me to care a lot less about mafia. I may be quiet for another day or two, or I may just focus my attentions on mafia full time. Who the fuck knows. This is not to make you feel sorry for me and decide not to vote for me. Lynch me if you feel you must. Just wanted to let you know, I'm trying my best and will be a participant as soon as I can.

Hey neverwhere, boo, don't sweat it. I just got over a lengthy relationship and honestly distraction like Mafia was both a blessing and curse.
However, gonna be real for sec.
Maybe not using this as a platform, but at some point you should get someone to talk about it. these kinds of games can absorb all your time. I know I won't fault you if you need to take some time, manage your shit IRL, check in every now and then until you do. Set some guidelines with your self in your relationship, and be real about time to commit here. I don't know your situation, but unless you no longer want a relationship, I'd suggest not committing full time right now to mafia. It might make you bitter, strung out, and altogether will help no one.

The selfish player in me wants you to go fulltime, but that's flimflam. You do you. Every so often let us know some thoughts, or if you really can't do that, then ask to be replaced. But don't give up, it's just a bump in the road.
My psychology degree seeping into my words right now.

My point is: no need to apologize for RL crap going on. I pity you not, but I also don't fault you.
:beer:

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Black Rock wrote:
Oh BR, you aren't going to... NO U me.... are you? :evileye:

I'm not honestly sure which team to place you on, the fact is that your output in this game screams baddie to me. i think I've made a pretty strong case against you, the best I've put together against someone in awhile. And the fact that your response to my case is to instantly start insinuating that I'm trying to protect someone is... well, let's just say this: votes Black Rock
My siggie.
Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Oh BR, you aren't going to... NO U me.... are you? :evileye:

I'm not honestly sure which team to place you on, the fact is that your output in this game screams baddie to me. i think I've made a pretty strong case against you, the best I've put together against someone in awhile. And the fact that your response to my case is to instantly start insinuating that I'm trying to protect someone is... well, let's just say this: votes Black Rock
Bold move there, Cotton! :nicenod:

I do see the validity in your observations of BR, timmer. It's definitely something that I will look into once I get to the beach today

Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

Also MetalMarsh, id love to hear your thoughts on Cobalt, since you voted for him.
That fact and the fact that Cobalt may very well be silenced right now is giving me pause.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

At the moment I am most seriously considering a vote for DFaraday, Metalmarsh, TinyBubbles, or Black Rock, thanks to timmer's case. But we've got tons of time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

I'm not deadset on Faraday right now to be honest. That's probably the biggest thing I don't agree with on your rainbow list, Sloonei. He did appear like he could have been blendy but at the same time I feel like some of his observations (to my memory) reminded me of timmer's play. And timmer actually struck me as slightly scummy early on, though not in the past 2 days. To me, they both seem moderately civ.

I'll get back to why I think that when I can comb through the thread

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I think Timmers makes a pretty good case on BR. Her response doesn't really make me feel better. I don't think deflecting by accusing Timmer of deflecting is a great defense
I also agree with the points being made on TinyBubbles, and I think the possible connections there are easy to see. I don't see this as the same civvie game I have seen from her before.
I need to reread Dfaraday and MetalMarsh. I felt like MM was a bit aggressive when questioning me earlier about the tie/Epi comment, which struck me as odd at the time, but not enough to be suspicious of.
Dfaraday always sounds a bit suspicious to me, and i am also curious to hear a bit more about his suspicion of me.
I have been reevaluating my suspicion of bass. a lot of my suspicion was based of him being careful about his mentioning LC, but since that team seemed to try and kill him last night I feel a bit better about him. I second (or third or what not) the questioning if he knows how he survived.
Gro-oo-ovy
Scotty
Jeff
It’s my birthday

Post by Scotty »

I just got an idea- I don't know as much about obscure roles as you vets, but do we know all Wildhorn posse kill on even nights? What if that is just Wildhorn, and Bonnie and Clyde can kill on odd nights? But like, they only have 2 stocks (1 for Bonnie and 1 for Clyde). That would explain why only Clyde showed up. Timmer's theory sounds possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some oddball role abilities to play off the custom game guidelines. It also doesn't make sense that teams would combine already (if that is something that might happen at all).

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Canucklehead's interactions with/about G-man:
Canucklehead wrote:G-Man: is there a reason for the picture posts (other than general levity, which I support fully :noble: )?
Canucklehead wrote:Golden, this ^^ post is the first time I've gotten civ vibes from you all game. I'm not entirely sure I agree with your analysis/theory (I'd need to look closer at TGG's early game, and I'm very, very unsure about LC at this point), but that is a much more Golden, Civilian Mounted Champion and Wielder of Truth-esque post than the rest of the peripheral commentary which has (until this whole TGG/G-Man thing) been the majority of your post content thus far. Keep this up and I'll scratch your pretty name from my suspicion list entirely. :nicenod:

Lion King: posting anyway, I trust you all can deduce which post my "^^" is referring to....
Canucklehead wrote:Can I ask our host why G-Man is able to be voted for? I was off limits for the day I subbed in....
Canucklehead wrote:In this particular gunfight, I think I have to take the unpopular position and say that if only ONE of LC/Golden is civ, I happen to think it's more likely to be LC. I think it's possible that both are civ, and possible (but less likely, I think) that both are mafia. But who knows? Both these dudes can out mafia me, but based on the tone of their posts (LC seems sincere, Golden less so) and based on my pre-existing suspicion of Golden (that he was much more background/peripheral/commenting but not leading in the early stages, and suddenly flipped a switch with the TGG/G-Man thing.....which I actually think *migh* have some merit, but could also just be opportunistic).....I'm much more likely to vote Golden at this point than I am to vote LC.

But who I'm acctually going to vote for is TB, because she wants out. Happy to oblige there.
Canucklehead wrote:Sorry I missed the vote! No excuse, just forgot. :shrug:
Good job, LC hounders. Of the two, I would probably have vote G-Man, I haven't really been too convinced by any of the LC cases, but obviously I've been wrong. Whoops.
Canucklehead wrote:
Epignosis wrote:At this point, I would say one of the powers of Mafia 1 is to have changeable votes.
I agree. And I think all of G-Man's "Oh noes! How will I make my spreadsheets with all this DASTARDLY VOTE CHANGING! I am so shocked that VOTE CHANGING EXISTS! I am unexpetedly inconvenienced by this VOTE CHANGING!" is an attempt to do some pre-distancing for when we inevitably figured it out.

My vote is on G-Man for today.
The thing that caught my eye is that she makes very little direct reference to G-man/gamerguy for a while but then suddenly says she would have voted for him on Day 4. She does seem to offer some support of Golden's case against G-man when she says it's "the first time she's gotten civ vibes" from Golden this game. I am not too worried about this, though, because Canuck wasn't terribly vocal during much of that period about anything. She weighed in quite a bit on the Golden/LC spat and had a few other things to say, but not a lot. Still, very little about G-man until she decided he was worth voting for. And then she voted for him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DREAM interactions with/about G-man:
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
Epi 2.0:
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:Epi, do you think it was LC who tried to kill you? Does he do that when bad (go after those pushing strongly for his lynch)?
I'll sum it up this way: Epignosis dies early, often. He hasn't made it past Night 3 in many moons, poor fellow. One who has been in those games with him might be apt to take pity on his bullet-riddled soul. That did not happen. That indicates that a Mafia team is largely composed of new people. sig being on that team makes sense. XthAtGAm3RGuYX makes sense. Cobalt makes sense. All new people. I think Long Con was just okay with their Night 1 choice and said "whoever you guys want is fine with me."
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:While we're all trying to interpret that End of Night post, what do we make of those two hooded figures shaking hands? Did they conspire to save me? Hoods are an inherently evil clothing item, so I dunno
idk why dont you tell us scumnei
are you trying to call me scum here?
not if you help me FINALLY lynch long con today

what i don't understand is if people like Epi think me and LC are teammates then it's beneficial to kill both of us so let's just start with Long Con mmkay?
Why not lynch G-Man today?
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:3) The post you responded to saying "I don't think you're interested." was a question to Epignosis that I want an answer to. Epignosis was silenced all day yesterday (so it appears), so I don't know what he thinks about G-Man.
You don't? I wasn't silenced Night 3, and I said what I think about G-Man.
You mention G-Man 0 (zero) time(s) and ThatGamerGuy 1 (one) time(s) over the course of Night 3. Your mention was that ThatGamerGuy is a new player.

So no, I don't know what you think about G-Man, and I want to hear more since you have given G-Man your vote.
I commented on XthAtGAm3RGuYX twice, thank you very much. :meany:

If you compare G-Man's unwillingness to read 35 pages and subsequent eagerness to flood the thread with insanified nonsense he begged for here with his performance as Balaam in Biblical, in which he continued making detailed analyses long after he was dead to secure someone else's win, then you may detect a wee contrast.

It should be clear that I support a Long Con or Cobalt lynch too, but I have only one vote.
Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am.
If you had to vote now, would you still vote for G-man over LC?
I realize my answer may not be helpful to you, but remember that I believe they are teammates. Both bad. Either one should go. I would prefer there not be a tie, however.
Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:I refuse to believe that we are this dependent upon Slooeni for conversation. Speak up people- while you still can. :feb:
No.
Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:^ Probably not a bad idea to keep any eye on this joker too.

He's been way off his normal game. I mean, he's only 73 posts ahead of me right now. Suspicious silence is suspicious. :eye: :eye:
Epignosis wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Golden wrote:In my experience, epi is off his game whenever he is not the host. I still find it bizarre playing games in which he is not hosting.

As for talking more - what do you suggest we talk about, G-Man? I do have other suspects, but what is the value in talking about them right now?
:shrug:

I'm just surprised it's so dead in here.
You'll get used to the deadness.
Epi was all over Gamer/G-man for a while. I would not put any level of bussing past Epi, based on assumption I make about what kind of scum he'd be, but for now I'm willing to lean in the direction of this looking like a solid round of casing by Epi. I'll need to look more closely at how G-man interacted with him, but I have a feeling G-man will be difficult to read because he pretty much knew he was a goner from the moment he joined so he probably would have been careful to fill his posts with lots of confusion.
All this is to say that I continue to not know how to read Epi 2.0 after having a solid and immediate town read on Epi 1.0.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@canuck - I know some players (like you) generally won't contribute a lot as a civ until numbers get a bit lower, and I don't know Cobalt at all. But this is the guy who was bragging about how many of the baddies he caught in his last game and how amazingly super-civ he was...
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:@canuck - I know some players (like you) generally won't contribute a lot as a civ until numbers get a bit lower, and I don't know Cobalt at all. But this is the guy who was bragging about how many of the baddies he caught in his last game and how amazingly super-civ he was...
But I think that's kind of feeding into my point. If as a mafia memberyou come into the thread with as much braggadocio as Cobalt did, then surely you do so fully intending to play that "character" for the full game. I don't think a mafia reasonably uses the strategy of "I'm going to be super loud and obnoxious for two days, and then I'm going to disappear". Thus, my reading of Cobalt's bravado cum silence is to take it at face value: he got the result he wanted from LC, didn't get the kind of adoration/revulsion he was fishing for with his over-the-top day 1 attitude, and as a result his level of engagement dropped. From my armchair psychologizing of Day 1 Cobalt, that dude on a mafia team doesn't get disengaged. He's too tempted by the ability to make a big splash......

Does that make any sense?? I seem to be having trouble articulating why I don't find his non-participation ping worthy at all, and in fact find it quite the opposite...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But sometimes it's just not easy to keep up a false persona in the thread when you're scum. Especially when that false persona hinges on high activity and aggression. Perhaps scum Cobalt is just struggling to generate false reads on players.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I am happy to vote either Cobalt or Black Rock today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It does make sense Canuck. Entirely.

All I will say is that my personal feeling that Cobalt is bad is not based on his thread activity, and in that sense I actually would probably come around to your perspective.

Except that I still think he is TGG's teammate because of TGG's quit - its the reason I called out G-Man, and if that half of my argument was correct (he quit because epi came back) I think the second half has to be too (he quit because epi had called out one of his teammates). And when I read epi's posts from day one, I don't see who else but cobalt fits the bill. So from my perspective, my cobalt suspicion is about logic, not about cobalt's actual behaviour.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

UPDATE: After two weeks of delays, and borderline 3 weeks without internet, I finally have a home connection. Vote Bot be praised.
Shout outs to G-Man for taking my spot. You da best shorty. I got you if you ever need to sub out in a game. Got your back like a buttcrack.

So yeah, if I didnt ask Dom to switch me, I would have been 95% inactive until today and that's not how I like to play.

Return to “Previous Jobs”