Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 113

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0)

Post by Epignosis »

First impressions:
MovingPictures07 wrote:It seems this Day 0 poll may be quite meaningful, upon first glance. What do you all think?
Too concerned with being "first" to read the rules.

'Tis a good thing the rules did not say, "The first person to post will be modkilled."
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One day when I have nothing else to do I am going to do a lengthy study on adverb usage in mafia and prove once and for all that it's always meaningless. ;)
This statement demonstrates that 3J doesn't understand the "adverb thing." It's far more nuanced than people using words that end in -ly. :meany:

And DH clearly doesn't get it either, though that comes as no surprise.
TinyBubbles wrote:yes, i'm evil. badder than you could ever suspect! better lynch me now, doo eet.
actually i thought the position 1 also had many protector - ish options, compared to some of the other positions.
First time TinyBubbles is admitting to being bad rather than being astounded at being good. Probably evil.

I'm taking the first position.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Adverb theory is so dumb, anyone who takes it seriously should punch themselves in the face.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Adverb theory is so dumb, anyone who takes it seriously should punch themselves in the face.
By calling it "adverb theory," you've demonstrated a remarkable understanding of the concept itself and also what a theory in general is.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Adverb theory is so dumb, anyone who takes it seriously should punch themselves in the face.
By calling it "adverb theory," you've demonstrated a remarkable understanding of the concept itself and also what a theory in general is.
By calling it a concept, You've demonstrated you know what the word concept means. :disappoint:

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

So excited for this game. And I forgot how much I like LC's writing. And I just read through everything, and my brain is full. A few thoughts:

Adverbs tell us nothing as a general concept. Adverbs could be instructive for a particular player's writing style. And reactions to accusations really tell us more than the accusations themselves.

Sarcastic orange was actually a democratic process--it was between orange and grey. There's a whole thread on it on LP. So happy that orange won.

This player list is frigging amazing and so happy to see some old friends/nemesises back.

The Evil Role Power that Cannot be Named is terrifying.

Someone said something about potentially avoiding position 2. I am guessing, having played several Rock Con games, that they have a failsafe/balancer in effect so that such cannot happen. They both like their roles too much (especially insane ones) that they wouldn't make it systemic for any of the role functions to not be used.

Similarly, it would not surprise me at all if The Evil Role Power that Cannot be Named were actually an entirely innocuous power that Rock Con is just taunting us with so that we're all terrified. Same with other recycled role names.

And have now edited, remembering (I think) that there was a role in a Rock Con game that gained power the more it was mentioned. Or something like that.

No idea what option to vote for.

Host question: If someone is unrecruited at end game, what happens?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fun Fact: The classic "The Story So Far" thingy on the front page of every game? That dates back to Fringe Mafia on STV, the first game hosted by Aces and myself. We created that. You're welcome.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
By calling it a concept, You've demonstrated you know what the word concept means. :disappoint:
A concept is an abstract idea. "The adverb thing" is not an abstract idea with no objective or concrete rules.

Bitch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*is an abstract idea

Got me all in a huff now.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A concept is an abstract idea. "The adverb thing" is not an abstract idea with no objective or concrete rules.

Bitch.
You called it a concept tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

Epi and DH, I am citing you both with infractions for failure to use pedantic pink. Get your pedantry in order.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hello, fine players. I've collected some questions and put them all in a nice post, which will be posted as soon as Black Rock gets home and approves the quality of the answers.

I hope you all enjoy this Day 0 and the following Day 1. It's a really special time in the game, where everyone is still alive. Anyone can post, anyone can vote. All too soon, we will begin losing exciting players and beautiful roles to the icy grip of death. Please know that each of your deaths - Civvie, baddie, and indy alike - are mourned by your hosts.

Some have noticed that there could be a lot of carnage in this game. Know that there is likely to be a couple of resurrections in play at some point, barring some early death of key roles, so no one is beyond hope until all is said and done.

Archangel
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:Please know that each of your deaths - Civvie, baddie, and indy alike - are mourned by one of your hosts.
Fixed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper is perpetually beyond hope.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Check out MP's adverb usage before and after my interaction with him, and then check out his adverb usage during my calling him out about being bad for using adverbs. Drastic jump. Got em. :clap:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello, Serenity!

Why is your avatar not Mal's spaceship?
Have you read the game?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I am thinking Day O could be about 24 hours but also could be longer, I did not put a poll timer on so people had time to check in. We will also be pushing the time further as nights work best for us.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:
nutella wrote:Ugh, looks like all the positions have some bad stuff. :sigh:

What's all this about adverbs? Discourse analysis in mafia, eh? Could make for some cool linguistic research :srsnod:

Serenity, now that's interesting...
Serenity is the Game Moderator, not a role or game related. We are trying out having the game mods be anonymous for a game or two. Just wanted to let you know this, since it is not game related.

Linki~ the Hunger kills you for even alluding to its existence. It targets you with a requirement, and you must fulfill it without alluding, or even hinting in any way, to being targeted, or it kills you right on the spot. It is very perilous.
I love the Hunger, we can never let it go. It belongs in Recruitment always. :hugs:
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
Long Con wrote:Please know that each of your deaths - Civvie, baddie, and indy alike - are mourned by one of your hosts.
Fixed.
We have a debate going, which host do you think is more likely to mourn the players deaths?
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

aapje wrote:@Hosts:
36 players, 32 named roles and 5 vanilla. Is this correct or are there only 4 vanilla roles?
Canucklehead is indeed the 37th player. Although she missed the official signups, she made it before role assignment. And it's Canucklehead. We have much history with Canucklehead, denying her honoured entry was simply not an option.
Ricochet wrote:The Spinner can also gain immunite to Ubzy and Azura kills, but I'm not seeing them having any kill positions. Or do they?
Ubzargan's team and Azura's team will alternate kills every other night, in the usual way.
aapje wrote:Made a list of what power are active on each position.
Thanks! A link is in the fourth post.

I really enjoyed this post:
S~V~S wrote:OK, just from looking at the marquee roles, I was leaning position two, but these position 2 points are not so great:
War Monger - Warrior Clan
Position 1: Mind Control
Position 2: The Hunger
Position 3: ?
Position 4: ?
Position 5: Competition
THE HUNGER? No fucking way.
Highborn Assassin - Warrior Clan
Position 1: Seemer
Position 2: Parasite
Position 3: Power Steal
Position 4: Night Kill Survive
Position 5: Silence
Parasite? No fucking way.
Master of Ancient Arts - Brotherhood Clan
Position 1: Switches two targets
Position 2: Picks 5 people for a negative vote
Position 3: Turns into a Dragon
Position 4: Choose a player, if they are targeting someone they need to pick a new target
Position 5: Choose 3 other players to protect, they start the next day with three votes each
This is not that bad, but still, not that great. Although position 3, turns into a DRAGON!!!! Awesome, but also terrifying. Flames, ouch.
Brutal Executioner - Warrior Clan
He chooses a player, the kill goes through if they are the right clan.

Position 1: Kill a Sorcerer
Position 2: Kill a Guardian
Position 3: Kill a Brotherhood
Position 4: Kill a Warrior
Position 5: Kill a Children of Serenity
It doesn't matter what position here, lol. Also all respect to the hosts, this will be insane to coordinate. Insane, I tell ya.
aapje wrote:Are some of the powers usable a limited number of times or are all powers usable whenever the corresponding position is effect?
All powers are usable whenever the corresponding Position is in effect.

For instance, could the lynch be switched every time position 2 or 5 comes up?
It is possible.

Which teams are the civvies and who are the baddies? Based on the descriptions I'd say Caelia and Ahriman as civvies while Ubzargan and Azura sound more like baddies. However only the first 2 have kills listed. Or do the baddie teams have kills regardless of position?
Caelia and Ahriman are Civvies, Ubzargan and Azura head up the baddie teams. The baddies kill like they do in most two-baddie-team games.

Will we get more elaborate descriptions on some of the roles? Quite a lot aren't very clear what they do.
I'll look into it. Some, you may just have to wait and see. Some clarifications may be made as a secret revealed to a lucky player at some point.
Russtifinko wrote:So I was under the impression that starting off no one would have a faction, but almost all the roles have one listed. Can the recruiters only recruit factionless roles, or can anyone be recruited and lose their current faction?
Your starting Clan does not indicate your loyalty in the current conflict. Most roles may be recruited to any team, regardless of their Clan. Ubzargan’s baddie team may end up stacked with Children of Serenity roles. During these chaotic times, people are choosing to follow strong leaders over tradition and clan loyalty.

And is it possible we'll only cycle through 3 positions all game long if we want?
Seems like a cool plan, but I doubt it.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:How many times have I nightkilled Black Rock on Night 1?
:faint: I can't stop BR if she wants to vote for you on Day 1.
Epignosis wrote:'Tis a good thing the rules did not say, "The first person to post will be modkilled."
Let's do that for Arkham.
LoRab wrote:Host question: If someone is unrecruited at end game, what happens?
Thanks, LoRab! :hug:

Unrecruited survivors at the game's end will get a win.

DharmaHelper wrote:Fun Fact: The classic "The Story So Far" thingy on the front page of every game? That dates back to Fringe Mafia on STV, the first game hosted by Aces and myself. We created that. You're welcome.
An excellent innovation.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Fixed.
We have a debate going, which host do you think is more likely to mourn the players deaths?
Interesting... who is on what side of the debate?

(I meant BR.)
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Fixed.
Interesting... who is on what side of the debate?

(I meant BR.)
Well of course LC thought you meant I would not be mournful, and I thought you meant he wouldn't.

To be clear, you meant I care?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

BR cares.

One of these is true of LC however:

1) He has no soul
2) He is an emotionless automaton
3) He will, on occasion, be too busy cheering at how awesomely a mechanic worked out to truly mourn the death
4) He simply doesn't like anyone on the players list
5) He's only the co-host, so he isn't fully emotionally invested

I think it's probably position 3, but I'll leave it open.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:BR cares.

One of these is true of LC however:

1) He has no soul
2) He is an emotionless automaton
3) He will, on occasion, be too busy cheering at how awesomely a mechanic worked out to truly mourn the death
4) He simply doesn't like anyone on the players list
5) He's only the co-host, so he isn't fully emotionally invested

I think it's probably position 3, but I'll leave it open.
:haha:

I win!
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I hate my iPad. I had a post but it froze and I lost the whole damn thing.

In short it said I have not spoken up yet because I could not wrap my head around the game. I have spent some time reading though, and I think I am getting a handle now...

To summarize what I said much better in my first version of this post *insert explitives under my breath* I believe it reads as though the followers of Caelia and Ahriman are most likely civ groups. But there is enough gray area in there that I am concerned that a surprise is lurking the alignments. The only thing that is clear as far as alignments go is that the followers of Terra's will most certainly be neutral, lol.

All this talk of avoiding certain positions is most likely pointless, both hosts have made it pretty clear that won't happen. BR explicitly stated that things will happen to force certain positions. So yeah, nice in theory, useless in reality I think.

Hosts, the Brutal Executioner, does the designated kill refer to the recruited players or the originating clan? Does this role just kill one from that clan at randomly how is this kill directed?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Spacedaisy wrote:I hate my iPad. I had a post but it froze and I lost the whole damn thing.

In short it said I have not spoken up yet because I could not wrap my head around the game. I have spent some time reading though, and I think I am getting a handle now...

To summarize what I said much better in my first version of this post *insert explitives under my breath* I believe it reads as though the followers of Caelia and Ahriman are most likely civ groups. But there is enough gray area in there that I am concerned that a surprise is lurking the alignments. The only thing that is clear as far as alignments go is that the followers of Terra's will most certainly be neutral, lol.

All this talk of avoiding certain positions is most likely pointless, both hosts have made it pretty clear that won't happen. BR explicitly stated that things will happen to force certain positions. So yeah, nice in theory, useless in reality I think.

Hosts, the Brutal Executioner, does the designated kill refer to the recruited players or the originating clan? Does this role just kill one from that clan at randomly how is this kill directed?
It is originating clan, your clan does not change with recruitment just your alignment.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement
The roles list has been updated.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Okay, so I'm likely only going to skim the game up to this point, I just never have time for Day 0's, it seems. I arbitrarily chose Position 2 in the poll. From the look of all of the roles, each position seems to have its issues so really, where we start seems to me not very important.

How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

I'm happy either way, I just need clarity for my own sense of sanity, lol.

Hosts, one question about the clans. I see that you've mentioned how they aren't really tied to the recruiting leaders, that the leaders will recruit players who happen to be from any clan, but do the leaders get any kind of bonus if they happen to recruit someone from their clan?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I don't see any change to the roles, but then I haven't got any notes. Does anyone see what changed?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, likely the added Q&A, ignore me.
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:Okay, so I'm likely only going to skim the game up to this point, I just never have time for Day 0's, it seems. I arbitrarily chose Position 2 in the poll. From the look of all of the roles, each position seems to have its issues so really, where we start seems to me not very important.

How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

Hosts, one question about the clans. I see that you've mentioned how they aren't really tied to the recruiting leaders, that the leaders will recruit players who happen to be from any clan, but do the leaders get any kind of bonus if they happen to recruit someone from their clan?
Quite the question... indeed.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:Oh, likely the added Q&A, ignore me.
A role was added
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Black Rock wrote:
Quite the question... indeed.
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement
I need a replacement, I have tried two people. If I don't have one by tomorrow I will mod-kill the player and be down a vanilla.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Nothing takes the stuffing out of a joke like a failed youtube link. :offtobed: :sigh:
My siggie.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

timmer wrote:Nothing takes the stuffing out of a joke like a failed youtube link. :offtobed: :sigh:

So it wasn't just my browser....
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Black Rock wrote:
timmer wrote:Nothing takes the stuffing out of a joke like a failed youtube link. :offtobed: :sigh:

So it wasn't just my browser....
No, I don't get the fail. The link is correct, it's good ol' Drama Prairie Dog. :shrug:
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Everyone should vote the number that comes after 4 and before 6.

How many sides does a pentagram have?

How many letters are in mafia?

How many times have I nightkilled Black Rock on Night 1?
A pentegram has 10 sides. 5 points...10 sides. :D
I think he's thinking of a pentagon, that has 5 sides. He seems to have his polygons confused.
Maybe I intentionally worded them that way. :shrug2:
Should they do so enthusiastically?
Black Rock wrote:I am thinking Day O could be about 24 hours but also could be longer, I did not put a poll timer on so people had time to check in. We will also be pushing the time further as nights work best for us.
Day O is followed by Day P.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Everyone should vote the number that comes after 4 and before 6.

How many sides does a pentagram have?

How many letters are in mafia?

How many times have I nightkilled Black Rock on Night 1?
A pentegram has 10 sides. 5 points...10 sides. :D
I think he's thinking of a pentagon, that has 5 sides. He seems to have his polygons confused.
Maybe I intentionally worded them that way. :shrug2:
Should they do so enthusiastically?
Black Rock wrote:I am thinking Day 0 could be about 24 hours but also could be longer, I did not put a poll timer on so people had time to check in. We will also be pushing the time further as nights work best for us.
Day O is followed by Day P.
Have you been told to F off lately?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:Have you been told to F off lately?
I was told to 9 days ago if you know what I mean. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
So long ago... of course you needed to be reminded. :p
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement
The roles list has been updated again
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
But he persisted and got a win anyway.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
But he persisted and got a win anyway.
That was back on Day F.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Read through role positions and felt 3 was best served so i voted that.

Will hopefully post more tomorrow. Got a lot of catching up to do and no time to do it.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

Hi everyone. Just got caught up. I don't have much preference for which one we start with. Too many factors to consider for me right now, they all have good/bad outcomes (as others have pointed out) so :shrug:

I'm going with number four because it's my fav number!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Banter, mechanics talk and MM being told to piss off.

My favorite kind of catch-up after waking up. :beer:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

I voted 1.
They all seems to have options for shenanigans, but atleast 1 has the option for a Lynch pardon... And if there's one thing that sucks, it's getting lynched D1 in Recruitment Mafia :noble:
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Voted for 4. I'm bored by the two man race between 1 and 5.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Russ, you managed to use the word interesting twice in pne sentence which is even worse than using adverbs. You're so bad. :eye:
is this serious or sarcasm?
In this moment, I am not being serious.

But I do believe that mafia is more apt to use descriptors like "interesting" or "odd" because they call out behaviours without stating their own opinion.
Can interesting and odd not be opinions? For instance: "I think your face is odd". That's an opinion!

I do know what you mean though and I'm guilty of having done it myself on occasion. If something is "interesting" or "odd" or "the most ludicrous idea since the silent fire alarm", say why!
Epignosis wrote:
I swear if this game devolves into ranting about adverbs for too long I'm going to start accusing a new linguistic concept of being worse than Hitler for each post made on the subject.
timmer wrote: How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

Well I'm expecting this game to be much like Fight Club was for me, where I spent the whole thing openly advertising how much I'd love to be recruited only for it to never happen until it didn't really matter any more. So this issue probably applies to me. I think it always makes sense to "think civ", but I've never played a recruitment game before (despite it being one of my most favourite game mechanics ever) so maybe I'm wrong.

And sanity is overrated.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
timmer wrote: How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

The bolded/underlined is what I'm thinking will happen.

But, then again, I imploded in The Flash because everyone was talking 'civ civ civ' when it was clearly a faction game, so my thoughts may be different than others'. :P

Return to “Previous Jobs”