Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0)

Post by Russtifinko »

Boomslang wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
G-Man wrote:Our numbers are different because our approaches were different. You tried to evaluate the whole position, whereas I looked at individual players first to determine the most pro-civ position. Either way, both of our lists are subjective opinions.
Ah, I see. But if you look at players for their pro-civ positions and those players will happen to get recruited to the baddie teams, those positions won't be so pro-civ anymore.
This is true. My analysis is only worthwhile today. Your's will probably be a better guide after the recruiting starts. That being said, your analysis is limited as well. Some of the powers in your Negative Effects column could be powerful tools in the hands of civ-recruited players. Vote manipulation, phase ending, and blocks may seem negative but they are only truly negative if they were in the hands of a baddie. In the hands of a civvie, Position 3 or 4 could actually be the most potent for civs if they can get their hands on the negative powers. It's all relative to how the recruitment turns out.
This is a very good point. We have to be careful in this game to avoid thinking about traditionally "baddie" powers as bad, because the players who have them could go to any team. I think we should be most concerned about death effects. Increasing the pace of deaths reduces the amount of information that the players as a collective can create, which hurts the civ effort.
I hadn't even thought of this. Thanks for the analysis, you two.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Erlatz Eleven was the first recruitment game. Our very own DH was the one who was recruited from that pool and talked himself out of lynches for quite some time.

Erlatz team 4 life funny or die :noble:
I wish there had been a team whose mission was to emulate them called the Ersatz Eleven.
LoRab wrote:G-Man, the trouble with your thought process is that you assume that everyone will be playing civ-friendly from the beginning of the game, which I think is a dangerous assumption. The vast majority of players are neutral at this point--and are not necessarily going to play for the civ side. Especially knowing that most of us will be recruited at some point in the game, and not necessarily by the good guys. The roles themselves are not civ-friendly or not--they benefit the player and what side that player is playing for.
Boomslang wrote:
Tranq wrote:I'm ok with Position 1.

But i'm voting Position 3. Having played the previous Recruitment games, i'd rather not vote for the option that ends up winning a Day 0 poll :p
For those of us who haven't, care explaining why? What's wrong with picking the position you believe in?
As LA said, in one of the other Recruitment games, there was essentially a witch hunt based on which players voted a certain option (the day 0 options were tied to the recruiters). If I recall, something similar happened in the other recruitment game, as well.
So does this mean today we should try to lynch someone who voted for Position 1?
G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I am a professional at making fun of the music of Creed
Making fun of Creed does not impress me. It was a regular pastime junior year in college. One of our suitemates was a huge Creed fan and we made fun of him dearly for it. That also led us to make fun of his love of Bruce Springsteen too, even though Springsteen doesn't suck.
That's nothing. The year I studied abroad in college, some friends and I made a mocking cover band of Creed called Apostles and did photo shoots at European landmarks with our lead singer posing as Scott Stapp posing as Jesus.
thellama73 wrote:I haven't really thought about which team I want to be recruited onto, but the Sorcerers don't get along with anybody and love chaos, so that sounds about right.
:haha: Best Post award!
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Tim Drake was the third Robin
Eartha Kitt was the third Catwoman.
Did I ever tell you guys about the time I banged Eartha Kitt?

....anyone?

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm half joking, but only half. Some players, newer players especially, are uncomfortable flat out lying to direct questions, and so they dodge them or make a joke instead. It sounds stupid, but sometimes it works.
Maybe. But I don't see how that's enough to decide to vote for someone so soon. Especially when we have so much more time to discuss other possibilities.

Linki: "Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] Sarcasm may employ ambivalence,[3] although sarcasm is not necessarily ironic.[4] "The distinctive quality of sarcasm is present in the spoken word and manifested chiefly by vocal inflections".[5] The sarcastic content of a statement will be dependent upon the context in which it appears.[6]"
This should have been in Pedantic Pink, BWT. It's the new color we use here for pedantry. Not pageantry, though.

Finally, if you guys don't want any more posts this size from me, stop posting so many things I need to digest and respond to. This is your final warning.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Russtifinko »

Dammit, why was my Pedantic Point not in Pedantic Pink? Can we have a button for it at the top of the posting screen?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Isn't Eartha Kitt 100 years older than you?

And it was announced in the thread that the Erlatz Eleven was a recruiting pool.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Responses in cyan.
Russtifinko wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
timmer wrote: How are people going to handle the unrecruited side of things? Last game, I rather infamously flamed out, and it all started when I admitted that I didn't give a crap who got lynched since I was neutral. There was more to it than that afterwards, but that was essentially the big issue. It was pointed out that the rules of R3 said that an unrecruited player was sort of a civ, but in THIS game, I see the rules state that an unrecruited player is neutral and has only to survive to win. So how does that play out this time? Are you guys still feeling like it makes more sense to "think civ"? Or is this sort of a LMS format that segues into a more traditional team format, with an awkward middle?

I'm happy either way, I just need clarity for my own sense of sanity, lol.
The bolded/underlined is what I'm thinking will happen.

But, then again, I imploded in The Flash because everyone was talking 'civ civ civ' when it was clearly a faction game, so my thoughts may be different than others'. :P
Well, the baddies will be trying to kill you regardless, so I think neutrals should align with the civs. Also, people who self-identify as pro civ are 62% less likely to be lynched, and 98% less likely to be voted for by llama. (Facetious Fuchsia. You're welcome.)

And MP, I think your viewpoint is super detrimental to civs. I'll be watching you.

Why would the baddies want to kill someone purely neutral?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Hi everyone. Just got caught up. I don't have much preference for which one we start with. Too many factors to consider for me right now, they all have good/bad outcomes (as others have pointed out) so :shrug:

I'm going with number four because it's my fav number!
MovingPictures07 wrote:Voted for 4. I'm bored by the two man race between 1 and 5.
Couple of badasses here, who like kills, poisons and curses in their mafia tea. :mafia:
You know it. :slick:

Seriously though, since every Option has pros and cons, I returned to my thinking that we get a horrible Option done now, and despite how horrible thread locking is I just couldn't bring myself to vote for 2 or 3, so hence 4, which is sufficiently horrifying.
Seriously! Those guys are crazy!

Also, if there is a vote that looks to me like someone choosing something because they wanted a certain role power, it's Sorsha's. As someone else said, that may be more helpful later on when there are not tons of roles left, but it's worth bearing in mind. And MP, BR specifically said we may not have to cycle through every single position. I think that makes a pretty strong case for going for the least bad case. Now, in reality it seems we'll hit each at least one time, but don't we at east want the worst ones less often? If we start on a bad one, since we don't know what will happen in the future, it guarantees nothing except that we have to deal with bad stuff and mayhem for a day.

You are pinging me a lot.

You say I'm pinging you a lot. How does that relate to this game's setup? I don't understand what you're accusing me of.

Where did BR say that? You mean where she says that there are at least 3 options every poll?

Also, as an aside, threadlike does seem like a power that would be better later on, when people have some idea to go for. I know a civ lynch Day 1 is likely, but it would pretty much be guaranteed if no one could talk or try to form suspicions.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Epignosis »

BWA HA HA these guys talking about adverbs smh

BWA HA HA these guys talking about "interesting" lol

BWA HA HA these guys looking at past games which don't mean nothing heh

"Hey man, who you voting for?"

I DON'T KNOW MAN. It's just been people talking about irrelevant stuff. You can't do nothing on Day 1.

:suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0) - Locked

Post by S~V~S »

@MP~ here is where she said about the three options:
Spoiler: show
Black Rock wrote:The Clans

Children of Serenity - They were the true believers in the lessons of Serenity, The clan is made of law makers, judges, those who will maintain order.

Guardians of the Lifeforce
- Peaceful, believers in nature, healers. They have little use for civilization. They seem cold to some because they shun progress.

Warriors of the Shadows
- Strong, honorable, vicious. They are often thought of as evil but they are interested in maintaining peace.

Sorcerers of the Elements
- Selfish, Chaotic, driven by power. They are talented in magic. Not truly evil though.

Brotherhood of the Inner Eye
- Interested in inner peace,they respect order. They will choose to influence people's choices

Each role will be assigned a clan, aspects of the roles are influenced by the clan they are from. These are not teams, just origins. There will be certain Clan dynamics throughout the game.

Starting Clan Dynamics

Children of Serenity - They are at peace with the Guardians and Brotherhood. They don't like the Warriors or the Sorcerers.

Guardians of the Lifeforce - They are at peace with the Children and Warriors. They don't like the Brotherhood or the Sorcerers.

Warriors of the Shadows - They are at peace with the Guardians and Brotherhood. They don't like the Children or the Sorcerers.

Sorcerers of the Elements - They are not at peace. They don't like any one.

Brotherhood of the Inner Eye - They are at peace with the Children and the Warriors. They don't like the Guardians or the Sorcerers.

EPIC CHALLENGES

Each role will have an Epic Challenge to complete. If they can, throughout the course of the game, complete this Challenge, they will have their role enhanced, gaining additional powers and/or win conditions. Epic Challenges are private and not to be shared in the thread or BTSC.

Rules

1. EPIC CHALLENGES will not be shared in any way (BTSC or thread) before completion. We will be monitoring all BTSC, violators will be mod-killed without prejudice. After completion you may ask the hosts if it is ok to share.

2. No illegal BTSC. This means communicating outside designated areas without permission. If you need to communicate outside designated areas then you may ask the hosts for permission. Violators will be mod-killed without prejudice.

3. No bullshit. This means this is a game. Treat as such. I love all my players and expect each and everyone to be treated with respect. No disrespectful behaviour will be tolerated. Don't be an ass.

4. If you are dead you may speak in dead red, you may not speak ontopic at all. If you are night killed you may not even say "GO CIVS"

5. All official PM's need to be sent to both hosts. We both need to know what is going on as we are working around our work schedules and our own business. If you don't follow this rule and your PM gets missed that's your fault.

6. If you guys can't get a long please direct things via PM to us or our neighbourhood mod. We got a good one and bullshit will be worked out behind closed doors.

7. No role outing. Honestly it says nothing about your alignment so shut up about it. Info dumping is a bit sticky. Don't assume it's an info dump, people lie. Don't say I'm such and such role and I know blah blah because I was on position *insert number here*... so there. I will slap you if you do.

8. No reproducing the host PMs in thread. This is an old rule, know it.

9. Have fun guys, it's important to my street cred.

Recruitments

As with the first three games there will be several ways to recruit. There is no obvious schedule to the players, only the schedule we have. Some recruitment's will be chosen players by the leaders. Some will be Public recruitment's in which we post a contest to win your recruitment judged by the applicable team.

Length of Days and Nights

Days are 48 hours, Day Zero is 24. All Night PM’s are due 23 hours after day ends, unless otherwise stated by us in the thread. Nights are still 24 hours long. LC is still doing the writing so…. we’ll try to stay on schedule…

Win Conditions

Civvie group 1 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Civvie group 2 needs to defeat baddie group 1 and 2
Baddie group 1 needs to defeat civvie group 1 and baddie group 2
Baddie group 2 needs to defeat civvie group 2 and baddie group 1

Recruitment

All players, except the Leaders, will start off the game as neutral. Recruitment will happen on a schedule designed to keep the game balanced. Some recruitment will happen privately and some will be public competitions. The winners of those competitions will be private. Usually by the end of the game every player alive has been recruited. All non-recruited players will survive to win. The baddie teams will have a limited amount of recruits at one time. The teams will not exceed a certain number. That number is private.

Positions

Each role will have a position. When you are on that position that will be your power. Day 0 we will vote for the first position. That power will be active for Day 1 and Night 1. Night 1 we will vote on a different position, that power will be active on Day 2 and Night 2 and so on. After the third position is chosen I will recycle the first position chosen and will continue like that. We should always have three positions to choose from. There are circumstances that could change that or force things.

Questions Answered

What are your participation guidelines?

If you are going to be gone, then let the thread and hosts know somehow. With that said, if a player misses 3 votes in a row or hasn’t posted in three day cycles they will be deemed a non-participant. Non-participants will then be replaced or mod-killed and take a Participation Score hit. Non-participators will not win.

What is a boon?

A boon is a piece of assistance for a player tailored to their specific needs and situation. It may be info, or a crucial protection, a subtraction of votes, or whatever.

So can I only be recruited to my own clan?

Most roles may be recruited to any team, regardless of their Clan. Ubzargan’s baddie team may end up stacked with Children of Serenity roles. During these chaotic times, people are choosing to follow strong leaders over tradition and clan loyalty.

Am I civvie when unrecruited? What is my alignment?

An unrecruited player can win by surviving until the end of the game. If you wish to play the game as a Civvie while unrecruited, then that is your prerogative.

What happens if the Leader of any clans die, does someone else take their place?

Someone that they have recruited will take their place as Leader.

If someone gets recruited, do they gain BTSC with the Leader?

Some Civvies get BTSC with the Leader, but it is a very limited number because too much Civvie BTSC would ruin the game. Baddies always get BTSC with their recruits.

Do my powers only begin once I'm recruited, or am I fully functional as of Night 1?

Your powers are active starting Day 1.

What is poison?

Once poisoned, a player will receive an additional, cumulative vote during each lynch thereafter.
The relevant bit:
Positions

Each role will have a position. When you are on that position that will be your power. Day 0 we will vote for the first position. That power will be active for Day 1 and Night 1. Night 1 we will vote on a different position, that power will be active on Day 2 and Night 2 and so on. After the third position is chosen I will recycle the first position chosen and will continue like that. We should always have three positions to choose from. There are circumstances that could change that or force things.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I tend to judge people as individuals not as reputations. My best game of all time was Rabbits SOT, I was a ... civvie. We had a large civ BTS group, and we worked pretty well together. That team has been my gold standard of what a team should be. Not so much for the individuals (although they all were awesome and people in the Mafia community that I <3 maybe a bit more than most) but for the way we worked together. I would want cohesion more than anything, really. Team players, no Prima Donnas.

What was your theory?
That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

But if I look at my own psyche, I'd probably just pick people who I felt I could have fun with too. Or that I really wanted to have btsc with because I hadn't yet, or something.
Man, I'm always skeptical about the previous-game knowledge thing. If people have distinctive playstyles, that's great for them, but roles are always random. Maybe you tend to remember the conniving liar's FEB roles more vividly, but that's a confirmation bias; lying can be used just as effectively to promote the civ cause. So going after someone based on "reputation" alone just doesn't seem right.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

My top suspect is Golden.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I tend to judge people as individuals not as reputations. My best game of all time was Rabbits SOT, I was a ... civvie. We had a large civ BTS group, and we worked pretty well together. That team has been my gold standard of what a team should be. Not so much for the individuals (although they all were awesome and people in the Mafia community that I <3 maybe a bit more than most) but for the way we worked together. I would want cohesion more than anything, really. Team players, no Prima Donnas.

What was your theory?
That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

But if I look at my own psyche, I'd probably just pick people who I felt I could have fun with too. Or that I really wanted to have btsc with because I hadn't yet, or something.

Read this. Golden asked someone about recruitment. That someone was S~V~S.

For me, S~V~S gave a straightforward, believable, and satisfactory answer to the question.

Then she asked Golden the same question.

I'll color it above. That's four different criteria. Why is Golden seeking advice for this? What is his purpose? Couldn't Golden use his own knowledge to determine the best recruits?

But why, when asked for his view on recruitment, did he name four different possibilities instead of being direct?

That is what I find suspicious about Golden.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

For me, S~V~S gave a straightforward, believable, and satisfactory answer to the question.

I'll color it above. That's four different criteria. Why is Golden seeking advice for this? What is his purpose? Couldn't Golden use his own knowledge to determine the best recruits?

But why, when asked for his view on recruitment, did he name four different possibilities instead of being direct?

She did not ask me the same question, at all. She asked me a different question.

She did not ask my view on recruitment. She asked me what my theory was, which is what I answered in the first paragraph. With one possibility, not two. Although I expounded it with two sub-categories.

Then, I also answered a question she didn't ask, which was my view on recruitment, where I did give two answers.

The "four (three) different criteria" across those two things are the point. It's why I've come to the conclusion that I can't use that method to find a recruit.

So - you have asked a whole lot of questions about be, but not actually given what your answers would be, thats a really nice way to throw shade at someone without having to commit.

So, I've answered why I named all those different possibilities. Now lets do the rest.

What bit of 'why am I seeking the advice' did you not understand? I think it was pretty clear I was looking for other perspectives. I had a theory, I wanted to test it.
Could I use 'my own knowledge' to determine the best recruits? Sure I could, but why is it bad to ask others? I believe you get the best results when you have as much input as possible.

And one more question for you - what bit of my response is in any way not direct? Because I think the whole post is direct and to the point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:POST. hi everyone :)
POST. Hi Tinybubbles. Did you finally get a mafia role this time around?
hi MM :) i'm afraid not. i think i'm going for a mafia record here lol
She also said this ^^

So you are preferring to take her at her word for one post but not another?
That just proves that one of those two posts is a lie. Do you really trust a liar not to be bad?
But why would she lie about that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

She did not ask me the same question, at all. She asked me a different question.

She did not ask my view on recruitment. She asked me what my theory was, which is what I answered in the first paragraph. With one possibility, not two. Although I expounded it with two sub-categories.

Then, I also answered a question she didn't ask, which was my view on recruitment, where I did give two answers.

The "four (three) different criteria" across those two things are the point. It's why I've come to the conclusion that I can't use that method to find a recruit.

So - you have asked a whole lot of questions about be, but not actually given what your answers would be, thats a really nice way to throw shade at someone without having to commit.

So, I've answered why I named all those different possibilities. Now lets do the rest.

What bit of 'why am I seeking the advice' did you not understand? I think it was pretty clear I was looking for other perspectives. I had a theory, I wanted to test it.
Could I use 'my own knowledge' to determine the best recruits? Sure I could, but why is it bad to ask others? I believe you get the best results when you have as much input as possible.

And one more question for you - what bit of my response is in any way not direct? Because I think the whole post is direct and to the point.
I can't understand a word you're saying. Still think you're bad. And a terrible recruiter.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Boomslang wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

Man, I'm always skeptical about the previous-game knowledge thing. If people have distinctive playstyles, that's great for them, but roles are always random. Maybe you tend to remember the conniving liar's FEB roles more vividly, but that's a confirmation bias; lying can be used just as effectively to promote the civ cause. So going after someone based on "reputation" alone just doesn't seem right.
That's another reason why I landed there, too. Even if someone had picked three they considered to be FEB, it is subjective (just don't tell epi, because now he will say I'm being even less direct).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fine, I'll get another drink and tear apart Golden's response, which also is bullshit.

Unless you don't want me to. I'm tired. Work tomorrow. Y'all let me know.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bullzeye wrote:I want to be recruited by all four sides so I can play them all against each other as a shadowy mastermind.
I KNEW IT!!!! BULLZ IS A TYPH SOCKPUPPET!!!!!!

linki - sorry epi - I'm sadly one beer left and this far behind. I can't tell yet if I want you to tear apart golden's response or not.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Russtifinko wrote:Dammit, why was my Pedantic Point not in Pedantic Pink? Can we have a button for it at the top of the posting screen?
I added one, just seeing if it works

Pedantic

~it does! So you can be pedantic now, as if you needed permission :haha:

Linki, why would a baddie recruiter who wanted to win pick three people who everyone thinks are bad? Seems like a losing proposition.

Linki again, I'm a two thumbs up to tearing apart people who are not me :beer:

But I'll have to read it in the AM cause I am going to bed. Enjoy rampant pedanticism, you crazy kids.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Go ahead, epi. Tear my response apart. Just keep your hands off my bean dip.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Dammit, why was my Pedantic Point not in Pedantic Pink? Can we have a button for it at the top of the posting screen?
I added one, just seeing if it works

Pedantic

~it does! So you can be pedantic now, as if you needed permission :haha:

Linki, why would a baddie recruiter who wanted to win pick three people who everyone thinks are bad? Seems like a losing proposition.

Linki again, I'm a two thumbs up to tearing apart people who are not me :beer:

But I'll have to read it in the AM cause I am going to bed. Enjoy rampant pedanticism, you crazy kids.
Gladly! :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to bed myself. I want people to read Golden's answers a few times over. I think he's a naughty recruiter.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But this shade of pink is different to the one I started with! D'oh!

In all seriousness, SVS, right now I love you more than anything else in the world. :hugs:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:Go ahead, epi. Tear my response apart. Just keep your hands off my bean dip.
I had pizza for dinner.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:But this shade of pink is different to the one I started with! D'oh!

In all seriousness, SVS, right now I love you more than anything else in the world. :hugs:
How pedantic of tou to notice.

In all seriousness, I felt the same way when I became a marmot here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:@Bullz - am i wrong in assuming you can only be recruited by one?
I hate those musketeers. :flamed:

As to your other post, I'm not sure what good it does in saying "I haven't been recruited yet, but I want to be!" My one recruitment mafia experience tells me that several someones will make claims loudly about not being recruited, till they are recruited. It becomes then, up to us, to decide if they have been recruited for good or no when they shut up about it.

linki - really? it's like 11:30 EST. I'm trying to play catsup here. :p

also MM - what pizza? This will decide how I feel about you this game. Choose wisely. :dark:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I'm going to bed myself. I want people to read Golden's answers a few times over. I think he's a naughty recruiter.
You think wrong.

I am not a naughty recruiter.

I am not a naughty recruitee either.

I do, however, want to make something of a day one in which nearly every person is neutral, and trying to get in the head of a naughty recruiter is, for me, a good idea.

I have an idea epi, why don't YOU read all my posts relating to thinking that through, in fact the whole chain of conversation with SVS - and not just my answers to your post - a few times over. I'm quite happy to encourage everyone else to as well, but I'd like you to, because so far all you've done is:

1) Misrepresent what SVS asked
2) Misrepresent my response
3) Put colours on things and asked vague questions to throw shade at me without actually specifying anything about why they would make me a 'naughty recruiter'
4) Ignored the questions I asked you.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

All the recruiters are equally naughty. What makes half of them more civvie than the others, other than that's what we're told to call them? They all seem nearly equal in power.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:

As to your other post, I'm not sure what good it does in saying "I haven't been recruited yet, but I want to be!" My one recruitment mafia experience tells me that several someones will make claims loudly about not being recruited, till they are recruited. It becomes then, up to us, to decide if they have been recruited for good or no when they shut up about it.

linki - really? it's like 11:30 EST. I'm trying to play catsup here. :p

also MM - what pizza? This will decide how I feel about you this game. Choose wisely. :dark:
I had pizza because I just got home from visiting my family on the either side of the country late last night and I went ro work this morning and have been there all day and lefr work and didn't have any food at home to cook or any energy ro do so anyway so I stopped at Sizzle Pie by the bus station before I went home from work and had two slices of vegetarian pizza because I wasn't in the mood for meat tonight though I never usually am anyway.

Oh and I also had beer with the pizza. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Russtifinko wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

....anyone?
This is truly the darkest timeline.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

G-Man wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I suppose if I want to be recruited, I am going to have to show the leaders what skills I have to offer for their team. Some include:

I can juggle.

I am known for playing table tennis well enough to frustrate my nemeses.

I am a professional at making fun of the music of Creed
Making fun of Creed does not impress me. It was a regular pastime junior year in college. One of our suitemates was a huge Creed fan and we made fun of him dearly for it. That also led us to make fun of his love of Bruce Springsteen too, even though Springsteen doesn't suck.

Golden wrote: I do, however, agree with JJ that begging for a recruit is not at all desperate, obscene or try-hard, so I present for you my own unique skills.

Roger Rabbit
Death and Taxes
Biblical

Unfortunately, I have no link to me juggling, but it wouldn't convince anyone.
Biotch please, you know you had a LOT of help from my ASS in Biblical. Don't try to pass that one off as a solo achievement. :eye:

Turnip Head wrote:We should probably lynch Golden first, just to be safe.
Now THIS I can get behind! :nicenod:

Sadly, most of my mafia credentials here on The Syndicate include ass jokes, silly posting gimmicks, and a dirty bet with MP07. I did win a singing contest once though!
I can see why you would have mocked him. Creed + Sprinsteen would lead to Sprinsteen mocking from me as well. And I agree, Sprinsteen doesn't suck. My hubby's FAVORITE band of all time is Hewy Lewis and The News. They don't suck either, but I can't help, every time he doesn't know that Dylan song or the difference between Aerosmith and The Stones, go "really????!!! REally sweetie???"

Thankfully, I have no mafia credientials so I won't even try to bring them here.

LInkie - TH - I was a secret baddie team that was activated after I was either lynched or NKed N1 I don't remember which - but it seems things are more ballanced this game. I get what you are saying though. If unrecrutied peeps win for making it to the end, unrecruited peeps for this part of the game, are civ.

MM - that's fair. It's totally fair. If you had gone to a competitor, I might have been forced to vote you for not giving me your money. :p
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

bea wrote:LInkie - TH - I was a secret baddie team that was activated after I was either lynched or NKed N1 I don't remember which -
All I remember from RM3 is that my Epic Challenge was to get you lynched again... and it took me like three weeks :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:I wish I had played other recruitment games. The dynamics here are interesting. The only one I've played a little like it is rabbit's SK game (in which timmer betrayed me! wisely, because I would have won if he didn't, but I still carry the pain. We were a team!)

I will still probably find myself in a civ mindset because I can't help it, but its very odd knowing there are only 2 baddies out of 36 players right now.

What I'm most interested in is that some people have been already willing to put their hand up and say 'I haven't been recruited yet'. I'm not sure what to make of that. Obviously it turned out to be true in this case (assuming they are not one of the four leaders) but why say it? Are they setting themselves up for a lie later? What has been the general philosophy in saying something like that in the game? I don't really understand why you would do that?

I do, however, agree with JJ that begging for a recruit is not at all desperate, obscene or try-hard, so I present for you my own unique skills.

Roger Rabbit
Death and Taxes
Biblical

Unfortunately, I have no link to me juggling, but it wouldn't convince anyone.
rabbit's Serial Killer game was probably the most fun game I've ever played. :D

Mine too. Except those flags!! Those mothereffing flags!!!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Check out MP's adverb usage before and after my interaction with him, and then check out his adverb usage during my calling him out about being bad for using adverbs. Drastic jump. Got em. :clap:
Might be something to it. I don't like to use the whole adverb "thing" (since we can't agree on the difference between "theory" and "concept") as my basis for a case on someone. But it could very well influence it.
This feels like you want to agree but you want wiggle room out of it. I'm curious as to why this is the day 0 thing you chose to comment on.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Well, I know who I'm voting for. Anyone want to talk about anything else while we wait?
How about if we should lynch you for already deciding who you're voting for with little explanation?

Also, I completely forgot who you said you're voting for so yeah there's that...
cuz llama never does that D1 ever....
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

LoRab wrote:How has no one posted this yet?

II was gonna reply to appje's post about adverbs and ask about Conjuntions and post Conjunction Junction but my tablet was being a bitch and I got tired of waiting for it. My bad. :sigh:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

bea wrote: Mine too. Except those flags!! Those mothereffing flags!!!
:disappoint: :suspish: :dark:

Will read soon. At work.
My siggie.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DFaraday »

bea wrote:

Those musketeers. :grrr: Their last-minute swashbuckling antics ruined me.

I see that Golden cited me as an example of someone who often avoids getting lynched, which is very much not the case. Nearly every game I play ends with me getting lynched for being blendy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:Nobody can stop the Holy Spirit
:fist:
Tranq wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:DH played that witch hunt beautifully; I think he was one of the final few Erlatz 11 still alive when he finally did get lynched.
I think i was the first or second one to get lynched :p

This is what happened in RM2:
Short version: The indy role (not a recruiter) won Day 0, and got to use their power on one of the players that voted for the winning option.
Long version: http://forum.revolutionmafia.com/viewto ... 85#p210585
Thank you for this~~~!
Boomslang wrote:Thanks for the backstory, peeps. But knowing the infamy of that mechanic, I doubt it'd be reused exactly, especially in a game as complex as this already is. The positions don't even seem to be themed, so I'm guessing they're primarily for mechanics purposes? In any event, I'm going to go ahead and *vote 1* in case I don't check in until later.
The positions are themed on a role in the previous RM game. :)
I had a role last game that could get recruited my everyone. My Epic Challenge in that game was to be recruited by everyone (I failed).
LoRab wrote:How has no one posted this yet?

:haha:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

You think Golden is a recruiter because he is asking SVS/the thread for advice?
Are you supposing he knew that SVS has been a recruiter before? (RM1 and 3, I believe?)
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm going to bed myself. I want people to read Golden's answers a few times over. I think he's a naughty recruiter.
You think wrong.

I am not a naughty recruiter.

I am not a naughty recruitee either.

I do, however, want to make something of a day one in which nearly every person is neutral, and trying to get in the head of a naughty recruiter is, for me, a good idea.

I have an idea epi, why don't YOU read all my posts relating to thinking that through, in fact the whole chain of conversation with SVS - and not just my answers to your post - a few times over. I'm quite happy to encourage everyone else to as well, but I'd like you to, because so far all you've done is:

1) Misrepresent what SVS asked
2) Misrepresent my response
3) Put colours on things and asked vague questions to throw shade at me without actually specifying anything about why they would make me a 'naughty recruiter'
4) Ignored the questions I asked you.
Golden, can you remind me, what questions did you ask Epig?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:What bit of 'why am I seeking the advice' did you not understand? I think it was pretty clear I was looking for other perspectives. I had a theory, I wanted to test it.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Turnip Head wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

....anyone?
This is truly the darkest timeline.
Also - I love this so much!!! Abed is batman.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

Last game, when I was a recruiter, my goal was to have teammates who were less of a nub than I am. And, the more Dutchies the better. My teammates ended up being Sosha, Tranq, Typh and Lorab. I think I won my one goal. :noble:

also -

@ Epi - i don't think Golden asking how others have recruited makes him bad. I think if Golden were a recruiter he would shut the fuck up about it tbh. I'm not sure I buy the WIFOM that Golden would play dumb as a recruiter and ask for advice.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I did not know SVS had previously been a recruiter but that played no factor in why I asked her. I asked her because 1) she was around when I was thinking about it and 2) there is noone else in mafia whose perspective I find to be completely different to my own more often. When testing theories, different ideas are better.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I honestly believe where you were coming from Golden. Like I said, if you were a recruiter, I don't think you'd ask advice about it.

This game is really hard. Especially in the beginning. Most of us are on no side whatsoever.

Do you think Epi is bad for suggesting you were a recruiter?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DFaraday wrote:
bea wrote:

Those musketeers. :grrr: Their last-minute swashbuckling antics ruined me.

I see that Golden cited me as an example of someone who often avoids getting lynched, which is very much not the case. Nearly every game I play ends with me getting lynched for being blendy.
And every game you survive deep into is because 1000 veterans, myself included, say "DF always reads blendy - that's not indicative of alignment." You remember the losses, he remembers the times it worked for you. Both are true.

me too. Jerks. :(
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dingus Dangus
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

bea wrote:I honestly believe where you were coming from Golden. Like I said, if you were a recruiter, I don't think you'd ask advice about it.

This game is really hard. Especially in the beginning. Most of us are on no side whatsoever.

Do you think Epi is bad for suggesting you were a recruiter?
Probably not, given only 4/36 people are. I don't claim to be even 1% towards working out how epi's brain works, but I'm sure that most of it does not come out in the thread. But I do think he has a blind spot when it comes to critical thinking about his own hunches... it takes one to know one! Last time this happened and he contributed to getting me lynched on day one (I was civilian) I tried to take him out the back door behind me because I was convinced his motives for voting for me and for hounding MP about bean dip were bad, and MP used a civvie ninja kill on him and he actually wasn't bad. So, I know that sometimes epi will be determined he is right when he is on completely the wrong track. And I think that if he actually reads the conversation back he may realise it for himself.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

Are you going to try and remove me right off the bat again now? ;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

maybe - are you a musketeer this time?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Golden wrote:

What was your theory?

Hey, if people object to me effectively calling them a pretty good player, they can object!

It came back to bite me last time, when you subbed in to the baddie team after death lol. I haven't forgotten that.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

bea wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I want to be recruited by all four sides so I can play them all against each other as a shadowy mastermind.
I KNEW IT!!!! BULLZ IS A TYPH SOCKPUPPET!!!!!!
Hi Bea :feb:

I haven't seen anything suspicious so far.
Are you being serious with your suspicion of Golden Epi? I guess it's a better suspicions than llama's but he set a very low bar so :shrug:
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ah geez, nothing like coming into the thread in the morning and finding every other post begins with a quote from me. I realize I'm not the focus but still, not something I want to see :huh:
Golden wrote:I did not know SVS had previously been a recruiter but that played no factor in why I asked her. I asked her because 1) she was around when I was thinking about it and 2) there is noone else in mafia whose perspective I find to be completely different to my own more often. When testing theories, different ideas are better.
I was more successful in the first game (where I succeeded the first Lady Civvie than in the third, where I succeeded a baddie, I forget the role names, although I started out as the Hunger in that game :feb: )

And I get why you asked me, 100%. I was there, and you & I pretty much never think the same gamewise. I can say that for alot of people though, lol. I think Epi thinks you were trying to entrap me somewhat, ask me a leading question, then hoist me on my own petard; Lord knows (as does Epi) that it''s an easy thing to do sometimes. The only thing I found odd about the whole thing was the names you threw out there. I think your point was pretty clear without using examples.

But yeah, discussion works best when different perspectives are brought to the table. I think this is something that Epi does, he comes into the thread and throws a name down like a gauntlet for reasons of his own. Sometimes he is very right, sometimes not.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Ah geez, nothing like coming into the thread in the morning and finding every other post begins with a quote from me. I realize I'm not the focus but still, not something I want to see :huh:
You don't like being the center of attention? Could it be that you have something to hide?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”