Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote: This is not true, is it? Haven't all four recruiters (2 baddie and 2 civvie) had the chance to recruit once already? So really, there are 4 actual baddies in the game now, and four actual civs.....right??

Also, hi everyone! Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. It's super upper hella busy time here right now, but I will do my best to stay involved and active.

YAAAAYAYYAYAUYAYYUUUUYYYU RECRUITMENT GAME! Thanks for letting me sneak in last minute, beauteous hoagies! :hugs:
Based on what the hosts have posted, I think you may be right. Have we had specific confirmation though?
Well BR said this yesterday:
Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Official Announcement

All PM's must now be directed to both hosts (the other one being Long Con) as I am leaving for work soon and he will be home.

ALL Leaders please submit a list of three players for options of your first recruit.
There will be 4 by days end. We are just waiting on something before the recruits will be officially told.
Which suggests to me that there should now be 4 recruits in the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Bullzeye! That does seem like confirmation then. That means we must have:
Baddie team of 2
Baddie team of 2
Civilian team of 2
Civilian team of 2

That leaves 28 neutral.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0)

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I wouldn't disagree.

However, a couple of follow-up questions:
1) Do you feel BWT's post is typical behavior for him regardless of alignment?
2) Do you think that a recruiter would have incentive to make the post that BWT made?
1) BWT is always somewhat of a fence-sitter, so it pings me less than it would coming from another player. Still worth watching though.
2) Maybe.A recruiter is apt to be nervous early on and afraid of being discovered. Unlike in traditional mafia, he doesn't yet have a team to bail him out if he gets into trouble. I would expect this to result in more unforced errors than normal.
Thanks for your input!

I agree that BWT tends to get lynched, whether as mafia or civilian, for similar statements, so I'm not exactly gunning for him at this time. I really think his interaction with DH's post and bea's subsequent commentary were really intriguing though.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: My arguments are never biased, they are based on reading his suspicious actions. Same here as back in Guess Who, the only two games when he was among my first suspects (if not my first). If you want bias, look back at him instead, always calling me bad off the bat, in the earliest games I played.

I don't think it indicates he is a recruiter, I think it indicates he might be indeed baddie-aligned and seed WIFOM for us. What part sounded for you like implying he's a recruiter?

What do you think of his statements?
This is a misrepresentation of my record. I called you bad in the first two games we played together, if I recall, because I thought you were bad in those games. I haven't really gone after you since, but you're holding on to a grudge from your first game here. That's not good strategy.
I am not holding a grudge at all for Film Directors, that was more than fair game. Furthermore, I even embraced that, because I totally tricked you and won the challenge, so it is irrational for anyone but you to potentially have a grudge for that.

If you are truly wondering where the grudge stems for, search in a different game, but note that I shall not be elaborating upon this matter any further.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey BR, any chance you could stick this on the front page? Please and thanks. :D

aapje - Posts
Bass_the_Clever - Posts
bea - Posts
birdwithteeth11 - Posts
Boomslang - Posts
Bullzeye - Posts
Canucklehead - Posts
Devin the Omniscient - Posts
DFaraday - Posts
DharmaHelper - Posts
DisgruntledPorcupine - Posts
Dom - Posts
DrWilgy - Posts
Epignosis - Posts
Golden - Posts
G-Man - Posts
JaggedJimmyJay - Posts
LoRab - Posts
Metalmarsh89 - Posts
MovingPictures07 - Posts
nutella - Posts
reywaS - Posts
Ricochet - Posts
Roxy - Posts
Russtifinko - Posts
Scotty - Posts
Sorsha - Posts
Spacedaisy - Posts
S~V~S - Posts
thellama73 - Posts
timmer - Posts
TinyBubbles - Posts
Tranq - Posts
Turnip Head - Posts
Typhoony - Posts
unfurl - Posts

It's in the first post under the dead.
Beelzebub
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

At this moment, the players that I'm eyeballing the most are:

unfurl, for 13 posts that contribute practically nothing (no offense intended) to the hunt or game mechanics discussion, and for an attitude that seems very cheeky, sarcastic, and nonchalant. It's possible that she is a recruiter or recruited that isn't willing to open up the low poster discussion for the reasons I mentioned, although it seems clear that she has no intention to open up any avenue of discussion. Even if she isn't recruited or recruiter of a nefarious nature, that is a dangerous mindset, and considering 28 of us are neutral, she may receive my vote purely for that unwillingness.

Ricochet, for a starting suspicion on Llama that seems forced and out of character with regards to his typical analysis-driven self. However, I admit it's possible that his feelings are arising purely from clear bias, which he also seems willing to even admit. Nonetheless, I have not seen the same Rico this game that I saw in Watchmen, who was just a purely analytical machine.

Any players with 5 posts or less at this time (I'm widening my field), who are:

Russtifinko 5
Tranq 5
LoRab 4
nutella 4
Scotty 4
DFaraday 3
DisgruntledPorcupine 3
Typhoony 3
Bass_the_Clever 2
Canucklehead 2
Spacedaisy 2
Devin the Omniscient 1
DrWilgy 1
Sorsha 1
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ludwig von Mises wrote: The assertion that there is irrational action is always rooted in an evaluation of a scale of values different from our own. Whoever says that irrationality plays a role in human action is merely saying that his fellow men behave in a way that he does not consider correct.
Now, regarding low posters: My feeling is that they are less likely to be recruited, and therefore more likely to remain unaligned. Not ideal choices for lynches, especially later in the game. On Day 1, however, they are just as likely to be a recruiter as anyone else, so if we're going to go after them, we should do it sooner rather than later.
Being a low poster right now, I have to disagree. There are already 14 pages of discussion (for me, at least), and from what little I've read so far there are too many good points being brought up to just go after low posters.

RE BWT: I've seen him leave wiggle room plenty of times before this. I've even done this myself lots of times in previous games, especially as a baddie (and as a civvie-attacking indie). That last part being said, I do agree that BWT does get lynched a lot regardless of alignment for stating wiggly-roomy type statements such as this. But I do want to keep an eye on going forward.

Linkie: MP and llama beat me to this :blush:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:At this moment, the players that I'm eyeballing the most are:

unfurl, for 13 posts that contribute practically nothing (no offense intended) to the hunt or game mechanics discussion, and for an attitude that seems very cheeky, sarcastic, and nonchalant. It's possible that she is a recruiter or recruited that isn't willing to open up the low poster discussion for the reasons I mentioned, although it seems clear that she has no intention to open up any avenue of discussion. Even if she isn't recruited or recruiter of a nefarious nature, that is a dangerous mindset, and considering 28 of us are neutral, she may receive my vote purely for that unwillingness.

Ricochet, for a starting suspicion on Llama that seems forced and out of character with regards to his typical analysis-driven self. However, I admit it's possible that his feelings are arising purely from clear bias, which he also seems willing to even admit. Nonetheless, I have not seen the same Rico this game that I saw in Watchmen, who was just a purely analytical machine.

Any players with 5 posts or less at this time (I'm widening my field), who are:

Russtifinko 5
Tranq 5
LoRab 4
nutella 4
Scotty 4
DFaraday 3
DisgruntledPorcupine 3
Typhoony 3
Bass_the_Clever 2
Canucklehead 2
Spacedaisy 2
Devin the Omniscient 1
DrWilgy 1
Sorsha 1
You know I am busy, and that this is why I couldn't join Angry Bird Mafia, too. I will do my best to stay on top of things, but it will be difficult with such a high posting game.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ludwig von Mises wrote: The assertion that there is irrational action is always rooted in an evaluation of a scale of values different from our own. Whoever says that irrationality plays a role in human action is merely saying that his fellow men behave in a way that he does not consider correct.
Now, regarding low posters: My feeling is that they are less likely to be recruited, and therefore more likely to remain unaligned. Not ideal choices for lynches, especially later in the game. On Day 1, however, they are just as likely to be a recruiter as anyone else, so if we're going to go after them, we should do it sooner rather than later.
Being a low poster right now, I have to disagree. There are already 14 pages of discussion (for me, at least), and from what little I've read so far there are too many good points being brought up to just go after low posters.

RE BWT: I've seen him leave wiggle room plenty of times before this. I've even done this myself lots of times in previous games, especially as a baddie (and as a civvie-attacking indie). That last part being said, I do agree that BWT does get lynched a lot regardless of alignment for stating wiggly-roomy type statements such as this. But I do want to keep an eye on going forward.

Linkie: MP and llama beat me to this :blush:
Can you elaborate upon this when you get the chance, Devin? I'd prefer if you did so after you caught up fully.

What are the good points being made?

Why do you think those points invalidate a discussion of low posters?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Im gonna do some readin' :ninja:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

I stand corrected on the recruits, by the way. I need to read the host posts more carefully.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin, I understand. Like I noted before, I'm not trying to say that I think people don't have lives. I also realize that the game just started and that it's a behemoth. I also have a life, quite a busy one at that... I have a lot to do today, yet I'm here, against my better judgment. It's a fun ass game and I wanted to be involved in at least some of Day 1, since I knew I'd be gone a lot of today and tomorrow.

I just am hoping to get all of the players who have yet to contribute, whom I'm not faulting for any reason, to do so, that's all. I also have specific reasoning that you may or may not have seen here for why I think low posters are more relevant to hunt in this game than in other regular mafia setups.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

Typhoony wrote:Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
When I was Jelly King Earl, Supreme Lord of Purpleosity (I think that was my role...but maybe I was just an early recruit to the jelly team? My memory is fucked..) my entire game plan was about fun maximization. I recruited solely based on how funny people's posts were. I don't think my in-thread play differed much (I'm always kind of a sarcastic/goofy asshole)...but I think I was definitely more engaged in the thread than was typical for me at the time
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Ricochet, for a starting suspicion on Llama that seems forced and out of character with regards to his typical analysis-driven self. However, I admit it's possible that his feelings are arising purely from clear bias, which he also seems willing to even admit. Nonetheless, I have not seen the same Rico this game that I saw in Watchmen, who was just a purely analytical machine.
Seriously? It was my impression that I just denied any bias in suspecting llama in this game or any other game. Misrepresentation.

Also, I barely warmed up that "machine" in the first Day in Watchmen. My first full reads came from D3 onwards. Am I seriously different for not engaging in full analysis on day 1 of Day 1? A bit reaching, imo.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Canucklehead wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Reywas / Roxy / Bea / any other original baddies from other RM games: Do you remember if you played differently than you normally would've when you were baddie leaders in RM 3?
When I was Jelly King Earl, Supreme Lord of Purpleosity (I think that was my role...but maybe I was just an early recruit to the jelly team? My memory is fucked..) my entire game plan was about fun maximization. I recruited solely based on how funny people's posts were. I don't think my in-thread play differed much (I'm always kind of a sarcastic/goofy asshole)...but I think I was definitely more engaged in the thread than was typical for me at the time
No, you were Erlatz. DH was your first recruit, then Pangy and TH, then me, then bleag, if I recall correctly.

And yes, FUNNY OR DIE.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Ricochet, for a starting suspicion on Llama that seems forced and out of character with regards to his typical analysis-driven self. However, I admit it's possible that his feelings are arising purely from clear bias, which he also seems willing to even admit. Nonetheless, I have not seen the same Rico this game that I saw in Watchmen, who was just a purely analytical machine.
Seriously? It was my impression that I just denied any bias in suspecting llama in this game or any other game. Misrepresentation.

Also, I barely warmed up that "machine" in the first Day in Watchmen. My first full reads came from D3 onwards. Am I seriously different for not engaging in full analysis on day 1 of Day 1? A bit reaching, imo.
If that's the case, then I apparently misunderstood your post here:
Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: My arguments are never biased, they are based on reading his suspicious actions. Same here as back in Guess Who, the only two games when he was among my first suspects (if not my first). If you want bias, look back at him instead, always calling me bad off the bat, in the earliest games I played.

I don't think it indicates he is a recruiter, I think it indicates he might be indeed baddie-aligned and seed WIFOM for us. What part sounded for you like implying he's a recruiter?

What do you think of his statements?
This is a misrepresentation of my record. I called you bad in the first two games we played together, if I recall, because I thought you were bad in those games. I haven't really gone after you since, but you're holding on to a grudge from your first game here. That's not good strategy.
I am not holding a grudge at all for Film Directors, that was more than fair game. Furthermore, I even embraced that, because I totally tricked you and won the challenge, so it is irrational for anyone but you to potentially have a grudge for that.

If you are truly wondering where the grudge stems for, search in a different game, but note that I shall not be elaborating upon this matter any further.
Where you indicate the existence of a grudge, thus a bias.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
No, you were Erlatz. DH was your first recruit, then Pangy and TH, then me, then bleag, if I recall correctly.

And yes, FUNNY OR DIE.
That Canuck thinks I am the most fun is pretty cool.

Here is my schedule for today so nobody gets their shit twisted:
1. Big Brother
2. Mr. Robot
3. Maybe Master Chef unless they're cookin some whack shit
4. Thread Catch up
5. Dnd Show at 9pm til like, the rest of the night
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico, I'll at least concede that much of your hyper-analysis came D3 and later, so that's fair enough. I'll consider that going forward.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I feel that this thread is not the right place to discuss personal grudges, and I will not be engaging further with the conversation. We have a MoD for a reason.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I feel that this thread is not the right place to discuss personal grudges, and I will not be engaging further with the conversation. We have a MoD for a reason.
:srsnod:

I apologize for bringing it back up, but I am merely highlighting the post to answer a question from Rico, and elaborate that I think Rico's thoughts are coming from a biased perspective.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey guys I'm JJJ and I'm known for being an active thread contributor, so I'll read the thread and hopefully be inspired to contribute something. I know you're on the edge of your seats. :goofp:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey guys I'm JJJ and I'm known for being an active thread contributor, so I'll read the thread and hopefully be inspired to contribute something. I know you're on the edge of your seats. :goofp:
Good, now I can stop being the JJJ of this thread. :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I actually feel goofy even scumhunting in this strange game, because I'm not a civilian. I'm not anything. Existential crisis!

But it's all I know so I'm gonna do it.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MP: That was not a post related to my sussing of Llama in this game or in any game in which I called llama bad in my reads (aka Guess Who). It is related to clarifying to Llama what the game that generated me butting heads with him was. Llama and I butting heads was something you brought up in the first place.

linki: I have no reason to contact the MoD on any basis (...yet?). I have stated suspicions based on game actions. MP brought up the bias angle. Llama is also currently surfing on it - I mean, why actually respond to suspicions? Both can do as they please.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Devin, I understand. Like I noted before, I'm not trying to say that I think people don't have lives. I also realize that the game just started and that it's a behemoth. I also have a life, quite a busy one at that... I have a lot to do today, yet I'm here, against my better judgment. It's a fun ass game and I wanted to be involved in at least some of Day 1, since I knew I'd be gone a lot of today and tomorrow.

I just am hoping to get all of the players who have yet to contribute, whom I'm not faulting for any reason, to do so, that's all. I also have specific reasoning that you may or may not have seen here for why I think low posters are more relevant to hunt in this game than in other regular mafia setups.
I didn't mean for that to sound accusatory or anything harsh, bud. We all know that everyone playing this has a life outside of this. That's the primary reason I don't want to go after low posters. Secondly, there's now 15 pages worth of reading for me to do in order to catch up. I know I'm not the only one there, so it may be just that we have a ton to catch up on that we're not able to post as much. Thirdly, there are now 15 pages of discussion. Surely we can find something better to go on than just low posters :)

No hard feelings here, man :hug:
I will elaborate further when I can. For now, I have a Paul project to work on :disappoint:

aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0) - Locked

Post by aapje »

Time for some questions :)
Black Rock wrote:Ubzargan the Ruthless - Warriors of the Shadows
Position 3: Thread Lock
What's a thread lock exactly? No posts allowed at all?
Azura Nokomis - Sorcerers of the Elements
Position 1: Power Steal
Position 4: Curse
Is the one whose power being stolen blocked that night?
Does Azura pick the curse?
The Apprentice - Sorcerers Clan
Position 2: Random Potion
Position 5: Position Switch
Does the Apprentice know what the potion does?
Does he give it to someone or use it on themselves? If they give it to someone, do they have to use it?
What does position switch mean?
The Stranger - No Clan
Position 1: Seduction
What does seduction do?
Warden of the Inner Eye - Brotherhood Clan
Position 1: Role Nullifier
Position 3: Power Stealer
Position 4: Power Absorber
Position 5: Give a power
Is nullification permanent?
How long does the Warden keep the powers they steal/absorb? Can they use those powers more than once?
If he gifts a power does it have to be one he has stolen/absorbed?
Seeker of the Way - Children of Serenity Clan
Position 1: Tracker
Position 2: Alignment Check
Position 3: Tracker
Position 5: Track BTSC
There seems a lot of potential for misdirection at night. How will the Seeker get their results? Will it be player X did Y or your target did Y? I.e. will they be aware if they end up targeting someone other than they intended?
Windscout - Sorcerer Clan
Position 1: Randomly blows votes
Position 3: Every X vote is doubled
What happens when a bote is blown.
What is X?
Pyromancer - Sorcerer Clan
Position 1: Cremates a body
Position 2: Fireshield
Position 3: Firetrap
Position 4: Fire Vision
Position 5: Immolate
Going to assume cremation destroys a body. No idea about the rest. Any clues dear hosts? :grin:
Mistwood Ranger - Guardian Clan
Position 1: Untargetable
Position 3: Abduct a player
What happens if someone tries to target the Ranger while he is untargetable? Will the power fail or is it redirected? Will they be told?
For how long will a player be abducted? What happens to an abductee if the Ranger dies?
Jilted Lover - Children of Serenity Clan
Position 4: Coupler effect with ?
What is the coupler effect?
Supreme Judge - Children of Serenity
Position 4: Restart night
Position 5: Restart day
Will this undo actions? When will these powers be used, during the period or afterwards. For instance will a day be restarted after someone has been lynched, returning them back to life?
Highborn Assassin - Warrior Clan
Position 2: Parasite
Is parasite the same as in RM1?
Master of Ancient Arts - Brotherhood Clan
Position 3: Turns into a Dragon
Tell me more about Dragons! :grin:
Deathmask Shaman - Guardians Clan
Position 2: Dead power usage of lynched player
Can the Shaman use the same player more than once? Is the Shaman limited to a certain position?
Relicsmith - Children of Serenity
The receiving player can choose to keep the item or pass it on. Items could be positive or negative.
Position 3: Item give
Position 4: Random Item give
Position 5: Power Corruption
Does the Relicsmith know what the item he gives does?
What does power corruption entail?
Wielder of Lightning - Brotherhood Clan
Lord of Thunder - Brotherhood Clan
Interesting buddy system!
Chaos Dancer - Sorcerer Clan
Position 4: Chaos Curse
Position 5: Bind two people
What is the Chaos Curse?
For how long will people be bound? What does it mean to be bound?
Rogue Mercenary - Warrior Clan
Can’t kill unless recruited. If the Rogue Mercenary is not recruited by night 5, he will turn SK, he will then start killing nightly and will no longer be able to be recruited. Has to survive to win. Teams will send in a name each night to find you, they want your gun for hire. Unrecruited players can also send in a name to hire him for the night. They can hire him to protect, block, follow their vote, or inspect a dead player. If multiple people find him in the night he can choose which job to take. Once he is recruited he will gain positions.
Will he know who is trying to hire him? If someone hires him, will they be told they did?
The Magnetarch - Sorcerer Clan
Position 3: Choose a player to be a vote-magnet
Position 5: Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll
How many extra votes does a vote magnet attract?
Am I correct to assume that the EM pulse is to be used during the day and that votes cast after it will count normally?
Master of Shadows - Warrior of the Shadows
Position 1: Choose your own position
Does this mean he can pick one of his other powers to use?
Keeper of Order - Brotherhood
Position 1: Pull a player over
Position 2: Interrogation
Position 3: Bandwagon police
Position 4: Low poster police
Position 5: Punisher
Curious what any of this does.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:What I'm most interested in is that some people have been already willing to put their hand up and say 'I haven't been recruited yet'. I'm not sure what to make of that. Obviously it turned out to be true in this case (assuming they are not one of the four leaders) but why say it? Are they setting themselves up for a lie later? What has been the general philosophy in saying something like that in the game? I don't really understand why you would do that?
Given that it seems confirmed that nobody can know yet whether they've been recruited, I find this set of questions curious. How do you suppose this behavior would facilitate a "lie later" for those who made relevant comments?
"Still not recruited"

"Still not recruited"
Is it necessary for this initial statement of "I've not been recruited" to exist for the later hypothetical statements of "I've still not been recruited" to take place? I'm not sure I follow your mindset here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey BR, any chance you could stick this on the front page? Please and thanks. :D

aapje - Posts
Bass_the_Clever - Posts
bea - Posts
birdwithteeth11 - Posts
Boomslang - Posts
Bullzeye - Posts
Canucklehead - Posts
Devin the Omniscient - Posts
DFaraday - Posts
DharmaHelper - Posts
DisgruntledPorcupine - Posts
Dom - Posts
DrWilgy - Posts
Epignosis - Posts
Golden - Posts
G-Man - Posts
JaggedJimmyJay - Posts
LoRab - Posts
Metalmarsh89 - Posts
MovingPictures07 - Posts
nutella - Posts
reywaS - Posts
Ricochet - Posts
Roxy - Posts
Russtifinko - Posts
Scotty - Posts
Sorsha - Posts
Spacedaisy - Posts
S~V~S - Posts
thellama73 - Posts
timmer - Posts
TinyBubbles - Posts
Tranq - Posts
Turnip Head - Posts
Typhoony - Posts
unfurl - Posts
It's in the first post under the dead.
Do you have links disabled? I added links to each player's posts next to the name so it would be easy to quote and paste.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:When players emphasize that they aren't recruited, it makes me want to lynch them and find out.
Do you think such a lynch would boast a greater-than-random likelihood of netting a flip of a recruited player -- specifically a baddie recruit?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nevet mind BR, I misunderstood. Thanks!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:Making fun of Creed does not impress me.
Should I consider it important that you weighed my Creed performance at all, even if as unimpressive?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*gets lynched for asking questions*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:MP: That was not a post related to my sussing of Llama in this game or in any game in which I called llama bad in my reads (aka Guess Who). It is related to clarifying to Llama what the game that generated me butting heads with him was. Llama and I butting heads was something you brought up in the first place.

linki: I have no reason to contact the MoD on any basis (...yet?). I have stated suspicions based on game actions. MP brought up the bias angle. Llama is also currently surfing on it - I mean, why actually respond to suspicions? Both can do as they please.
Duly noted. Nonetheless, I do have my :eye: on you, but I have no real reason to believe you are a recruiter or recruited any more than practically any other player at this time.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*gets lynched for asking questions*
Lynchlynch Jimmy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Devin, I understand. Like I noted before, I'm not trying to say that I think people don't have lives. I also realize that the game just started and that it's a behemoth. I also have a life, quite a busy one at that... I have a lot to do today, yet I'm here, against my better judgment. It's a fun ass game and I wanted to be involved in at least some of Day 1, since I knew I'd be gone a lot of today and tomorrow.

I didn't mean for that to sound accusatory or anything harsh, bud. We all know that everyone playing this has a life outside of this. That's the primary reason I don't want to go after low posters. Secondly, there's now 15 pages worth of reading for me to do in order to catch up. I know I'm not the only one there, so it may be just that we have a ton to catch up on that we're not able to post as much. Thirdly, there are now 15 pages of discussion. Surely we can find something better to go on than just low posters :)

No hard feelings here, man :hug:
I will elaborate further when I can. For now, I have a Paul project to work on :disappoint:
No problem. I didn't take it as harsh. I look forward to your elaboration. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:When players emphasize that they aren't recruited, it makes me want to lynch them and find out.
Do you think such a lynch would boast a greater-than-random likelihood of netting a flip of a recruited player -- specifically a baddie recruit?
No, it just makes me want to. :P

Doesn't mean I will, really.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Lynchlynch Jimmy.
I can't even invoke my record for nearly never being lynched as a townie here. I'm nothing! My world is enshrouded by a haze of beige; my face was crafted in a mold on an assembly line!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Wait is that a thing on this site? I'm screwed :scared:

Is there a reason why there is no linkback in quotes btw?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

aapje wrote:
Wait is that a thing on this site? I'm screwed :scared:

Is there a reason why there is no linkback in quotes btw?
It doesn't exist here.

But we have off-topic green, non-player blue, dead red, sarcastic orange and pedantic pink.

Sold yet? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Just an FYI, for anyone who cares: I'll likely be gone for most of the rest of Day 1, and may miss EoD since I'll be out. I'll definitely continue to contribute as much as I can though, but it'll likely be in a somewhat restricted block of two, three times max before the Day ends. May have to vote somewhat early tomorrow.

Really need to get more stuff done now, so I'll be back likely sometime this evening, then again tomorrow morning/afternoon Central.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Lynchlynch Jimmy.
I can't even invoke my record for nearly never being lynched as a townie here. I'm nothing! My world is enshrouded by a haze of beige; my face was crafted in a mold on an assembly line!
Shall we pop your cherry? Of course that requires you being a civilian.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Just an FYI, for anyone who cares: I'll likely be gone for most of the rest of Day 1, and may miss EoD since I'll be out. I'll definitely continue to contribute as much as I can though, but it'll likely be in a somewhat restricted block of two, three times max before the Day ends. May have to vote somewhat early tomorrow.

Really need to get more stuff done now, so I'll be back likely sometime this evening, then again tomorrow morning/afternoon Central.
At least there are 35 other player so your absence will be less crucial.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0) - Locked

Post by Black Rock »

Here I was starting to get worried that you lost your touch.
aapje wrote:Time for some questions :)
Black Rock wrote:Ubzargan the Ruthless - Warriors of the Shadows
Position 3: Thread Lock
What's a thread lock exactly? No posts allowed at all?

The thread will be locked. No one will be able to post or vote.
Azura Nokomis - Sorcerers of the Elements
Position 1: Power Steal
Position 4: Curse
Is the one whose power being stolen blocked that night? yes
Does Azura pick the curse? yes
The Apprentice - Sorcerers Clan
Position 2: Random Potion
Position 5: Position Switch
Does the Apprentice know what the potion does?
Does he give it to someone or use it on themselves? Theyuse it on someone
If they give it to someone, do they have to use it? yes, it's used on, so unavoidable
What does position switch mean? It means he can switch the active position of a player
The Stranger - No Clan
Position 1: Seduction
What does seduction do? It makes someone fall in love with the stranger, any votes or use of powers on the stranger will not count for a period
Warden of the Inner Eye - Brotherhood Clan
Position 1: Role Nullifier
Position 3: Power Stealer
Position 4: Power Absorber
Position 5: Give a power
Is nullification permanent? no, just for a cycle
How long does the Warden keep the powers they steal/absorb? For a cycle
Can they use those powers more than once? only if they steal/absorb the same one again
If he gifts a power does it have to be one he has stolen/absorbed? Not public
Seeker of the Way - Children of Serenity Clan
Position 1: Tracker
Position 2: Alignment Check
Position 3: Tracker
Position 5: Track BTSC
There seems a lot of potential for misdirection at night. How will the Seeker get their results? Will it be player X did Y or your target did Y? I.e. will they be aware if they end up targeting someone other than they intended? He'll be aware
Windscout - Sorcerer Clan
Position 1: Randomly blows votes
Position 3: Every X vote is doubled
What happens when a bote is blown. It ends up on someone else
What is X? not public
Pyromancer - Sorcerer Clan
Position 1: Cremates a body
Position 2: Fireshield
Position 3: Firetrap
Position 4: Fire Vision
Position 5: Immolate
Going to assume cremation destroys a body. No idea about the rest. Any clues dear hosts? :grin: nope
Mistwood Ranger - Guardian Clan
Position 1: Untargetable
Position 3: Abduct a player
What happens if someone tries to target the Ranger while he is untargetable? Will the power fail or is it redirected? Will they be told?
For how long will a player be abducted? What happens to an abductee if the Ranger dies? For a full cycle, they are released
Jilted Lover - Children of Serenity Clan
Position 4: Coupler effect with ?
What is the coupler effect? Of course The Coupler effects (like the seemer) refers to a past role. We may have had to drop that one the last came. The coupler joined people. What ever happens to one happens to the other
Supreme Judge - Children of Serenity
Position 4: Restart night
Position 5: Restart day
Will this undo actions? When will these powers be used, during the period or afterwards. For instance will a day be restarted after someone has been lynched, returning them back to life? Not answering this right now. Actions can be undone though.
Highborn Assassin - Warrior Clan
Position 2: Parasite
Is parasite the same as in RM1? essentially
Master of Ancient Arts - Brotherhood Clan
Position 3: Turns into a Dragon
Tell me more about Dragons! :grin: Dragons are fiery, dangerous creatures of mythology. They usually breath fire and eat people. I wonder what could possibly irritate a dragon?
Deathmask Shaman - Guardians Clan
Position 2: Dead power usage of lynched player
Can the Shaman use the same player more than once? Is the Shaman limited to a certain position? All dead powers will be limited, they will be told what power they can use. Mostly it will depend on positions though.
Relicsmith - Children of Serenity
The receiving player can choose to keep the item or pass it on. Items could be positive or negative.
Position 3: Item give
Position 4: Random Item give
Position 5: Power Corruption
Does the Relicsmith know what the item he gives does? yes
What does power corruption entail? A seance, a fire, and a blood sacrifice.
Wielder of Lightning - Brotherhood Clan
Lord of Thunder - Brotherhood Clan
Interesting buddy system! You like it?
Chaos Dancer - Sorcerer Clan
Position 4: Chaos Curse
Position 5: Bind two people
What is the Chaos Curse? Exactly :nicenod:
For how long will people be bound? What does it mean to be bound? :ponder:
Rogue Mercenary - Warrior Clan
Can’t kill unless recruited. If the Rogue Mercenary is not recruited by night 5, he will turn SK, he will then start killing nightly and will no longer be able to be recruited. Has to survive to win. Teams will send in a name each night to find you, they want your gun for hire. Unrecruited players can also send in a name to hire him for the night. They can hire him to protect, block, follow their vote, or inspect a dead player. If multiple people find him in the night he can choose which job to take. Once he is recruited he will gain positions.
Will he know who is trying to hire him? If someone hires him, will they be told they did? I have given this a lot of thought, he will not know WHO hired him but he will know he was hired and they will know they hired him.
The Magnetarch - Sorcerer Clan
Position 3: Choose a player to be a vote-magnet
Position 5: Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll
How many extra votes does a vote magnet attract?
Am I correct to assume that the EM pulse is to be used during the day and that votes cast after it will count normally?
Sounds like you have a handle on this
Master of Shadows - Warrior of the Shadows
Position 1: Choose your own position
Does this mean he can pick one of his other powers to use? It means he will change positions, yes
Keeper of Order - Brotherhood
Position 1: Pull a player over
Position 2: Interrogation
Position 3: Bandwagon police
Position 4: Low poster police
Position 5: Punisher
Curious what any of this does.
I bet you are

I think I got them all
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Just an FYI, for anyone who cares: I'll likely be gone for most of the rest of Day 1, and may miss EoD since I'll be out. I'll definitely continue to contribute as much as I can though, but it'll likely be in a somewhat restricted block of two, three times max before the Day ends. May have to vote somewhat early tomorrow.

I'm getting on a plane to South Carolina this afternoon as well, and ill not return until Tuesday. I will try to keep up and vote, but don't expect much from me in the way of participation until I get back.

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
unfurl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: So what do you want to talk about?
I already talk what I wanted to talk about, I said my 2 cents and I feel good about it
Freedom of choice, everyone is free to talk about whatever makes then feel they are playing
Of course. That's why I asked what you wanted to talk about. If you didn't want to discuss low posters, then what did you want to discuss?

How do you propose we uncover a recruiter today?
Why do you think that is the goal. Also, 2 of the recruiters are civ. and they all recruited during day 0. So, wouldn't we be looking for only 2 recruiters or the people they have recruited? And, frankly, it's probably easier to figure out who has been recruited than who is recruiting. By easier, still near impossible, but rather than venture to guess who is recruiting and had been thinking that way from their first post, we can think about who might be on a recruitment list or who seems like they may have gained btsc mid way though the thread. I don't have anyone in mind, but I don't think your strategy is sound here.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:I stand corrected on the recruits, by the way. I need to read the host posts more carefully.
I promise you all host posts are worth a read... even this one :nicenod:
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

I remember being anxious about every single thing that I said in that game...way more than I normally am when on a baddie team. I think it was mostly to do with me being one of the Ultramorph 9 since that was such a big topic of discussion. (although I was Creeping Death in that game and not Ultramorph)
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I stand corrected on the recruits, by the way. I need to read the host posts more carefully.
I promise you all host posts are worth a read... even this one :nicenod:
I'm sorry, what? :llama:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm getting on a plane to South Carolina this afternoon as well, and ill not return until Tuesday. I will try to keep up and vote, but don't expect much from me in the way of participation until I get back.
At least there are 34 other players so your absence will be less crucial.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”