Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 1)

Post by S~V~S »

Also want to vote for option 3 again, just in case I am not back in time to vote although I am sure I will be.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

I voted 5 again.

I can't really remember the analysis I did about it last time but it was my preferred option then so I may as well stick with it.

I thought option 3 was bad, surprised to see it so popular.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also, I'm 4 glad BWT survived. His comment when he thought he was lynched seemed sincere to me (and just a little sad).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:So my theory so far is shaping up like this:

if the stats are correct that a 1-vote 11-player tie took place and a player gets lynched through randomization, then it must mean the player who got lynched survived the lynch, according to his position 1

ergo any of the following players (BWT, Canuck, Epignosis, Golden, MP, Russ, SVS, Tranq, Unfurl, Wilgy - I'm not, but feel free to throw me in as well; I would have super dead and super pissed if I would have been lynched or if the Day would have ended with me having two votes) can be:

Ubzargan the Ruthless - Immune to NK/Lynch
Jilted Lover - Can’t die as long as ? alive

I don't believe that Lord of Thunder's +/-3 votes would have changed this situation, if he already manipulated something by the time the Day ended. either he added votes and then there is definitely a specific survivor, which Lordy may now choose to try to hint at; either he substracted votes and it's still a large pool of tied players and the theory above still applies, but with vague chances of pinpointing at anyone in particular

same with Windscout, we don't know how many votes he can take down, but I doubt it's up to 10

I'm not sure if The Immortal's random power can activate during the Day, but even if it can, it's really a stretch to imagine that he protected someone that early and the stars aligned so that the one person he randomly protected was the one person that randomly got lynched; plus, we haven't seen a second death

same with Terras. can he protect during the Day? if so, same stretch of the imagination

If I missed anything, let me know, but so far I believe this to be the conclusion: our non-lynched player today is Uzbargan or the Jilted Lover. unfortunately we have 11 candidates for this spot
My thoughts on your theory

1) BR and LC needed to figure out the vote situation, so I don't think it likely that the lynch was simply stopped (unless there is another reason for them to need to do the count back).

2) I'm not so quick to discount the Lord of Thunder. He could theoretically given +3 votes to anyone and the person he gave them to could be Ubzargan/jilted lover. This would still require LC/BR to do a countback. That means that there is a 50% chance that literally any player could have been leading the vote.

3) But there is a 50% chance thunder said minus three.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorry I missed the vote, something suddenly came up. I will be catching up and posting thoughts later.
;)
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Well then, ummm.....yay/meh no lynch? I would have preferred a lynch pardon used to the day ending early. Because now I feel we have a lot more questions and not any more answers. But I am glad I'm still alive for now. :)

Getting ready for work now. I won't be around until after I get off work tonight at 7PM EST. So I should be around for some this evening.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
My thoughts on your theory

1) BR and LC needed to figure out the vote situation, so I don't think it likely that the lynch was simply stopped (unless there is another reason for them to need to do the count back).

2) I'm not so quick to discount the Lord of Thunder. He could theoretically given +3 votes to anyone and the person he gave them to could be Ubzargan/jilted lover. This would still require LC/BR to do a countback. That means that there is a 50% chance that literally any player could have been leading the vote.

3) But there is a 50% chance thunder said minus three.
I guess it's possible, lol, I did kinda forget added votes can include everyone else, but the "picking" in Thunder's role sounded like there would be need for something for him to pick from. Maybe this needs clarification? I didn't really discard him, however, what I said still applies: if anyone actually had more than 1 vote (thanks to him), that player's our survivor, but we can't tell and only Thunder can hint at that; if everyone was tied at 1, including players added thanks to him, we can't tell who survived; if anyone from the tie had his vote removed thanks to him, we can't tell who among the others is the survivor (and neither can him).

I don't get anything about the lynch stopping re: #1, did I say that or was it an additional thought?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:Also, I'm 4 glad BWT survived. His comment when he thought he was lynched seemed sincere to me (and just a little sad).
I would agree, but what about his prior comment that sounded like "good luck getting a majority to lynch me" (which then totally happened lol, at least in the unaltered universe)?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Ricochet wrote:So my theory so far is shaping up like this:

if the stats are correct that a 1-vote 11-player tie took place and a player gets lynched through randomization, then it must mean the player who got lynched survived the lynch, according to his position 1

ergo any of the following players (BWT, Canuck, Epignosis, Golden, MP, Russ, SVS, Tranq, Unfurl, Wilgy - I'm not, but feel free to throw me in as well; I would have super dead and super pissed if I would have been lynched or if the Day would have ended with me having two votes) can be:

Ubzargan the Ruthless - Immune to NK/Lynch
Jilted Lover - Can’t die as long as ? alive

I don't believe that Lord of Thunder's +/-3 votes would have changed this situation, if he already manipulated something by the time the Day ended. either he added votes and then there is definitely a specific survivor, which Lordy may now choose to try to hint at; either he substracted votes and it's still a large pool of tied players and the theory above still applies, but with vague chances of pinpointing at anyone in particular

same with Windscout, we don't know how many votes he can take down, but I doubt it's up to 10

I'm not sure if The Immortal's random power can activate during the Day, but even if it can, it's really a stretch to imagine that he protected someone that early and the stars aligned so that the one person he randomly protected was the one person that randomly got lynched; plus, we haven't seen a second death

same with Terras. can he protect during the Day? if so, same stretch of the imagination

If I missed anything, let me know, but so far I believe this to be the conclusion: our non-lynched player today is Uzbargan or the Jilted Lover. unfortunately we have 11 candidates for this spot
What if both Windscout and Lord of Thunder had used their abilities? Were there more than 8 votes at the time the lynch ended?

Actually, looking back now, it looks like there were. So there goes my theory out the window.

I guess the only thing I can think that happened is that the Lord of Thunder moved votes onto someone who was unlynchable at the time. It's the only possibility I can see in the role listing that makes sense.

Unless a lynch pardon actually WAS used in time. But someone would have had to be pretty quick to get that in before the day was ended early. So I'm going to consider that possibility very unlikely.

Linki: I didn't think at the time I was at risk of a sudden lynch train that came straight on at me later on, so it was more of a funny/sarcastic comment that I forgot to put in orange. :blush:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

BWT: are you going to ignore the reasons that people voted for you? Or explain why your list of lowest 8 posters was missing several names?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: What if both Windscout and Lord of Thunder had used their abilities? Were there more than 8 votes at the time the lynch ended?

Actually, looking back now, it looks like there were. So there goes my theory out the window.

Kinda does.

I guess the only thing I can think that happened is that the Lord of Thunder moved votes onto someone who was unlynchable at the time. It's the only possibility I can see in the role listing that makes sense.

Unless a lynch pardon actually WAS used in time. But someone would have had to be pretty quick to get that in before the day was ended early. So I'm going to consider that possibility very unlikely.

Linki: I didn't think at the time I was at risk of a sudden lynch train that came straight on at me later on, so it was more of a funny/sarcastic comment that I forgot to put in orange. :blush:
Or so you say now. :slick:

Saying Caelia got to send a pardon in time as well just adds up to all the other "what ifs" without really changing the big picture.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

LoRab wrote:BWT: are you going to ignore the reasons that people voted for you? Or explain why your list of lowest 8 posters was missing several names?
When G-Man posted his list at the time, I assumed those people were all still the lowest posters. Also I was trying to get out the door to go to a baseball game, so I didn't have time to go back and check if that list was accurate or not. And I just assumed it was.

Yes, I know what assuming does. And I should have known better. But I was rushed and had to make a snap decision at the time, not knowing if I'd be able to post again until the lynch.

Linki: Yeah. It's just another unknown to throw into the pile.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Would you care to address my suspicions as well? Why did you made a claim about trying a more deliberate, less waffling 2.0 game only to then be kinda waffly throughout the rest of the day (embracing different viewpoints, seemingly for the sake of covering topics, changing views on Golden etc.)?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

I've got a busy day ahead. Position 3 is fine with me.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Marmot »

aapje wrote:Hmm I guess that was too big :p

How about this:
Day 1 short
Day 1 full
Nah, it's fine. All we have to do is right click and "View Image". I like mine big anyway. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:YAAAAYAYYAYAUYAYYUUUUYYYU RECRUITMENT GAME! Thanks for letting me sneak in last minute, beauteous hoagies! :hugs:
Did... did you call us hoagies? :confused2:
Your weave is gettin' toasted man. Image

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

timmer wrote:unfurl may have helped herself out? At that time, she couldn't know how the day would flesh out, right? I think trying to tie the time so narrowly is a risky guess, anyway. Lots to ponder, little to truly gleam.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:This doesn't seem right for unfurl to end the day early, but this is the finaly tally I came up with. Everyone had 1 vote except unfurl who had 2. This makes more sense for someone like BWT to be the one who stopped the lynch.

2 - unfurl
  • DrWilgy (1), MovingPictures07 (3)
1 - birdwithteeth11
  • Devin the Omniscient (7)
1 - Canucklehead
  • Spacedaisy (9)
1 - DrWilgy
  • DisgruntledPorcupine (6)
1 - Epignosis
  • Golden (2)
1 - Golden
  • Epignosis (4)
1 - MovingPictures07
  • unfurl (11)
1 - Russtifinko
  • bea (8)
1 - S~V~S
  • Scotty (5)
1 - Tranq
  • G-Man (10)
I had nothing to do with the lynch being stopped, or if was pardon, it was not me eitheir, no idea of who would had done it
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I voted for postion 2, not much thought behind it, just going down the numbers
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Kadaj, long time no see, he probably does not even remember me, but my first game ever, I had BTSC with him
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Planning to finish my dissertation draft while it's (hopefully) quiet, so don't expect me to be around much if at all until later tonight. Going to vote option 2 just cause.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Remember to get your night powers in nice and early. There are several powers (such as Ahriman's redirect) that will require us to contact a player and get more information before we can write a Night Post. PMs that come in late could come in after a needed player has gone to bed, and this could result in the Night Post being delayed for many hours while we wait on a response.
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Let's look at the possible roles that could have cause no lynch to occur:
Caelia - Children of Serenity
Lynch Pardon

Ubzargan the Ruthless - Warriors of the Shadows
Immune to NK/Lynch

Shield Spinner - Guardian Clan
Immune to all Kills

Jilted Lover - Children of Serenity Clan
Can’t die as long as ? alive

Terras, Bastion of Hope - Guardians of the Lifeforce
Protects all Guardians
I think the first is very unlikely since the lynch ended early.
I assume the shield spinner only works for NK's.
I don't think we've seen clarification on the Terras protection
Ubzargan and the Jilted lover or definitely options though.

@Hosts:
Does the shield spinner only protect from NKs?
How does Terras' protection work? What does it protect from and when is it active?
Also since all colours are already claimed, I am just going to use them all for questions :P
unfurl
The Mark

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1 lynch)

Post by unfurl »

Long Con wrote:
Seed of Paranoia

It was raining in the moderately-sized fishing village of Driix. Two local guardsmen, of the constabulary sect of the Children of Serenity, were making their rounds along the rickety piers and stone-lined sideroads that made up the most active portion of the village.

"Hold up," said one, "There's a new message from central command." He pulled out a small screen and read closely, his face glowing with a bluish-green light as he leaned over it, sheltering it from the rain with his body.

"What's the scoop?" said the other. "More uniform regulation changes?"

"No..." he said, frowning slightly. "No, this is different." He looked up. "We're supposed to look out for deserters and suspicious activity."

"Deserters? Here?" the other scoffed incredulously. "What are they deserting, their families? Their crappy jobs?" He gave a short, mocking laugh.

"No, this is different. Seems pretty serious. Supposedly, the Warrior of the Shadows are making some sort of power play. There's been a couple of deaths already."

"Well, I doubt anything will happen here, it's only a-" His words were cut short by a loud crash just around the corner. They looked at each other, and both began to run to where the noise had originated.

When they rounded the corner, they could see a shadowy form next to a crate that had fallen and broken open by the docks. "Hey!" yelled the first guard, and the figure looked up, startled, and began to run.

"Hey, stop!" he yelled again, and began to give chase.

"I've got him," growled the second, and pulled out bolas from his belt, twirling them above his head. "Non-lethal measures," he grinned. "I've been practicing!"

The first guard stopped, and raised his eyebrows, impressed. The second twirled them once more and let them fly. They twirled through the air toward the shadowy figure, and both guards cheered as the figure toppled in a clump. "Nice one, man, where did you get those??"

"I sent away for them!" he grinned, and they both jogged over to accost the figure.

They arrived to see the figure writhing and clawing at their neck, where the bolas had wrapped around tightly. The figure's face was turning purple, eyes bulging.

"Whoa, whoa, get it off him! It's choking him, quick!" They tried to unwind the bolas, but they were too tightly tangled. Before they could get the figure free, they had stopped clawing and writhing, and had gone limp.

"Agh, no, he's dead, he's dead!" said the guard frantically, finally unwrapping the bolas. "Oh, man, this is really bad!"

"I know!" They both stared down at the body despondently. "Should we... should we push him in the water?"

"We're so losing our jobs."

Just then, to their relief, the figure began to cough and groan. The two guards helped him up and gave him some water, telling him alternately how they were so sorry, and trying to gauge the chances that he would press charges.

No one has been lynched. The lynch was ended early, at 5:46pm. If you wish to know exactly who wasn't lynched, then you'll have to do what we just had to do, and go through posts to see who voted when, and for whom, before that time.

From now on, bold and colour your official votes in the thread when you make or change them. That will make this much easier, should it happen again. Tell your friends; not everyone will read this.

It is now Night 1. Get your PMs in as early as possible, because this game has a lot of factors to sift through.

Night 1 will last for less than 24 hours. Please refer to Phase 2's Position Poll for the exact end time of the Night.

Also WTF Kadaj??? :eek:

Host
LC- BR
Are the names of roles on the post, just for storytelling? being specific the Warrior of the Shadows or they have some involment in game mechanics for the lynch
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

aapje wrote: @Hosts:
Does the shield spinner only protect from NKs?
How does Terras' protection work? What does it protect from and when is it active?
Also since all colours are already claimed, I am just going to use them all for questions :P
Fucking hell aapje. I can dig it though.

I'm voting along with Unfurl.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I think I have a fan :p
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

bea wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I only got 1 response on my question about SVS. Its rather important, even more so than my other questions.

MM89, you me and Unfurl are all on a team now. Ok?
ok - so your question was about svs being aritstic right? I don't know her to be personally so, but as others have pointed out. Good google images searches make that a moot point really...I personally can't make a *bad* paint drawing as well as like well - others not playing this game, but I know how google images search works....

As to wheither I think she is bad or not yet, no. I don't. I haven't seen her say or do anything that I wouldn't expect her to say or do.I know her pretty well, but tbh, it's in regular games about day 3-4 when I get my feelings about her.

And while I'm here, I need to ask you, good doctor of the wiggle, - I've seen several people post defenses of you based on "he's from JMT." - Please explain this to me. I know during the champions game, there was all SORTS of cross over and we all met and blended and everyone is trying different things in different forums. Except that - I missed all that. I was sadly absent as I was acclimating to a new job and new responsibilities. So I don't know about your history at your home site and I don't understand what "He's from JMT" means. I want to understand that Please explain it to me. :)
MM summarized it relatively well. So far, from what I have seen here, I would describe JTM being a... Saltier environment? Yes, saltier! that's the best word to describe it. Votes not being locked within the thread mostly serve as a tool for debate.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

unfurl wrote:Host
LC- BR
Are the names of roles on the post, just for storytelling? being specific the Warrior of the Shadows or they have some involment in game mechanics for the lynch
Knowing the hosts that wouldn't surprise me. That seems to point to either Ubzargan of the Master of Shadows who I missed earlier. Note to people using my earlier position breakdown: not all roles were created at the time.
Master of Shadows - Warrior of the Shadows
Position 1: Choose your own position
Position 5: Become a shadow, you can’t be night targeted and all votes for you will not count
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

:ponder:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DFaraday »

Okay, I skimmed through (and skipped a metric ton of irrelevant posts), and in short:

I get a good vibe from JJJ.
BWT has seemed fairly ordinary to me, as in standard BWT. I'm more leery of Bullz saying he suspected BWT for being on the fence, then tempering that suspicion to be on the fence himself.
Golden's frustration reads as genuine frustrated civ to me. Epi I have no clue about.
Llama's suspicion of Bubbles would ping me, except he's done pretty much the exact same thing before (as a civ if I recall).

I also think there's a lot of discussion about meta that is so speculative as to be pretty much useless. If anything, I'd be more suspicious of people who rely too heavily on the meta/mechanics/previous games as their focus than players who are focused on suspect behaviour and voting patterns.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote::ponder:
A penny for your thoughts?
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Thank you, BWT, that makes sense, as GMan's list from earlier had not included players who had made him feel good or something (can't remember his language). Still have an eye on you.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Oh, and voted 3. I think I voted 3 last time, figured I'd stick with it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Anyway, I remember writing position 3 down as the nastiest, but apparently some really wanna go there. :P Quickly looking over the abilities, there's some advantages to it. The Judge is obviously active, so he might end the Night early this time and prevent a lot of night powers going through. I assume those Guardian rezzes might also be of assistance, in case the lynch goes bad. On the bad side, we'll get a lockdown (which I'm sure will translate into a thread and poll freeze at a point Uzbarglarg will see fit) and I'm already having anxiety from almost getting lynched :puppy:, The Immortal tying 3 players with the same fate, a Firetrap (??) and a dragon.

With position 5, the Judge might restart the Day if the lynch goes bad, which can be a good thing; or he might restart it even if the lynch goes well, in which case we'll hunt his ass. :fist: There's a rezz here as well. Manipulation of votes and power corrupting seems high (although some of them may be night abilities, hence transfering into D3), plus there's a punisher, a competition of some sorts and an immolation in eventuality.

Overall, I don't think it's the right time to head into the belly of the beast with either position 2 or 3, so I'm going to go with position 5.

linki
DrWilgy wrote:
Yeah, wondering if you're really playing it obvious about something or it just appears that way.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 0) - Locked

Post by Marmot »

Don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet, but these appear to be the four new roles added to replace the vanilla icecreams.
Black Rock wrote:Master of Shadows - Warrior of the Shadows

Position 2: You may post in the thread as your role
Position 3: Follow a player in the shadows and see who that player targets, affect the outcome.
Position 4: Cast a shadow on a player, all votes for that player will be cut in half
Position 5: Become a shadow, you can’t be night targeted and all votes for you will not count

Keeper of Order - Brotherhood of the Inner Eye
If a negative item is passed to him then it will be automatically destroyed.

Position 1: Pull a player over
Position 2: Interrogation
Position 3: Bandwagon police
Position 4: Low poster police
Position 5: Punisher

The Avenger - Guardians of the Lifeforce

Position 1: Absorb votes: for every vote you get, your own vote counts +0.5
Position 2: Reflect powers back. The Avenger is not affected.
Position 3: If you get lynched you take one of your voters with you
Position 4: Every person who has voted for you in the past starts the lynch with 1 vote for each time they voted for you
Position 5: If you are targeted at night both you and the role targeting you are affected.

The Gambler - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Select a number X. If the vote-leader in the next lynch receives X number of votes, you may utilize any one of that player's position powers the following night in addition to your own. If the vote-leader in the next lynch does not receive X votes, then your vote will be randomly forced the following lynch phase.
Position 2: Your vote is worth double, but you also start the day with one extra vote.
Position 3: Choose a clan to get a random power from. You will gain a vote each time the player whose power you have used gains a vote on the following day cycle.
Position 4: If you are targeted with an odd number of night powers, they will all be negated. If you are targeted with an even number of night powers, you will attract the direction of another night power for each one you are already targeted with.
Position 5: Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The Hosts announced them.

I joked about the Gambler sounding like something boo would have submitted. :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:The Hosts announced them.

I joked about the Gambler sounding like something boo would have submitted. :P
Ah, I see. Well to be clear, these are the four roles that were not there before. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Long Con wrote:There are unanswered questions out there.... this is a talkative thread. If a question has gone unanswered, then please feel free to ask again. In fact, if y'all want to work together, you could keep a record of unanswered questions, and re-post it on a semi-regular basis. That's currently my best solution to ensure that all questions are answered.
I think I am going to keep using those colours to get the attention of the hosts. Not sure what to name it yet but I'm considering these options:
Colourful Questioning
Rainbow Ramblings
Asking on Acid
Insane Interrogation
Psychedelic Prodding

Thoughts?

Also to ensure people's sanity it probably shouldn't be used for full posts :grin:

@Hosts:
Will we be told if there is a tie?
Will we be told if a team is eliminated?
If a baddie team is eliminated, will the other team take over the kill?
Who needs to be blocked to stop a baddie kill? Is it the team leader or can they decide who carries it out?
Will people be told if they are blocked/have their power stolen?
Does the Apprentice know the effect of their potions?
Can the Warden absorb (and subsequently use) more than 1 power at once?
What happens if someone tries to target the Ranger while he is untargetable? Will the power fail or is it redirected? Will they be told?
How long is the duration of a thread lock?
How many votes can the Windscout blow?
Can the Jilted lover decide not to use position 2 (Die instead of ?)
What happens to Thunder and Lightening if one of them dies?
Does the Gambler have to predict the votes exactly right? (position 1)
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

aapje wrote:
unfurl wrote:Host
LC- BR
Knowing the hosts that wouldn't surprise me. That seems to point to either Ubzargan of the Master of Shadows who I missed earlier. Note to people using my earlier position breakdown: not all roles were created at the time.
Master of Shadows - Warrior of the Shadows

If the answer is yes, then with in time as the game progress some clues may be found on the post on how things go down and may help to figure things out

Also as you posted previously, if the answer is yes, I would put Ubzargan as possible having some intervention
Ubzargan the Ruthless - Warriors of the Shadows
Immune to NK/Lynch
Also I dont recall if someone asked before

HOST
What does it mean a lynch stop in your world?
the player with most votes dies? what are the variables that can apply?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Ricochet wrote:Anyway, I remember writing position 3 down as the nastiest, but apparently some really wanna go there. :P Quickly looking over the abilities, there's some advantages to it. The Judge is obviously active, so he might end the Night early this time and prevent a lot of night powers going through. I assume those Guardian rezzes might also be of assistance, in case the lynch goes bad. On the bad side, we'll get a lockdown (which I'm sure will translate into a thread and poll freeze at a point Uzbarglarg will see fit) and I'm already having anxiety from almost getting lynched :puppy:, The Immortal tying 3 players with the same fate, a Firetrap (??) and a dragon.

With position 5, the Judge might restart the Day if the lynch goes bad, which can be a good thing; or he might restart it even if the lynch goes well, in which case we'll hunt his ass. :fist: There's a rezz here as well. Manipulation of votes and power corrupting seems high (although some of them may be night abilities, hence transfering into D3), plus there's a punisher, a competition of some sorts and an immolation in eventuality.

Overall, I don't think it's the right time to head into the belly of the beast with either position 2 or 3, so I'm going to go with position 5.

linki
DrWilgy wrote:
Yeah, wondering if you're really playing it obvious about something or it just appears that way.
Potentially dangerous, sure. But at this point in the game, fewer players are evil, so less likely that those powers will be used for evil. Also, a thread lock, I'd think, is less dangerous at this point in the game as later on in the game, and I'd like to know how that and other ambiguously named things happen, to the extent we see them. Like, what does mean when a player turns into a dragon?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

From a previous thread lock experience, not only is the thread locked, but the poll is locked as well. So I think it can still be crucial at this point in the game, and Black Rock has already confirmed that both will be locked.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:From a previous thread lock experience, not only is the thread locked, but the poll is locked as well. So I think it can still be crucial at this point in the game, and Black Rock has already confirmed that both will be locked.
Crucial at any time, but I'd argue that it's less dangerous early in the game, when no one has as much to go on and nearly everything we discuss is speculation. IMHO. I think conversation becomes more important as the game goes on. And it's not like we can avoid position 3. But I'd rather the baddies have 2 to 3 people to discuss strategy on it than a whole lot more. I personally think it's a power whose danger increases as the game goes on.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I can get behind a vote for 3
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

FYI I'm going to try and pop in once and awhile today to catch up. But my primary objective today is working on my new house :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:For the record, if I could pick a position in the current poll, I'd vote for Position 5.
For the record, you are apparently a non-player by your vote today :grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Pretend that is in ot green.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:From a previous thread lock experience, not only is the thread locked, but the poll is locked as well. So I think it can still be crucial at this point in the game, and Black Rock has already confirmed that both will be locked.
Crucial at any time, but I'd argue that it's less dangerous early in the game, when no one has as much to go on and nearly everything we discuss is speculation. IMHO. I think conversation becomes more important as the game goes on. And it's not like we can avoid position 3. But I'd rather the baddies have 2 to 3 people to discuss strategy on it than a whole lot more. I personally think it's a power whose danger increases as the game goes on.
By the same logic, the sooner we clear a dangerous position, the later it will come back into reuse. This game won't last only five Days, so it's safe to assume we'll go through at least two rotations. Also it has been made clear that not all 5 positions will need to rotate, so there is a slight chance to skip a dangerous positions as long as possible (of course that, by then, the baddie teams will grow in numbers, so we'll never achieve clear consensus on skipping a position).

So as much as you say you'd rather have right now a smaller team of baddies use their most dangerous weapons, it still doesn't change the fact that they'll be able to use it with a stronger team later on. Not much of avoiding anything, really.

IMO, I would not replicate what happened on D1 so easily. With position 3, Ubzahrg only needs to wait for a few votes to come in and, if he and his teammates are clear, bang, lock it and do the damage. Of course, the rezzes might counter that, but it's still an unpleasant dynamic at this stage and especially after D1. But perhaps my issue is actually with the votes being changeable, because it enables players to push the trigger more often, depending on discussions, debates, sussing, mood etc. I have no idea what inspired the Judge to turn it into a lottery yesterday, but I have all the reasons to believe Uzbyla will ideally want to achieve the same thing.

There is no better angle here, but this is the way I see it, right now.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:For the record, if I could pick a position in the current poll, I'd vote for Position 5.
Perhaps a premonition? :puppy:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Perhaps a premonition? :puppy:
Lol I mean I hope not
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So... Still haven't caught up properly. I will... but I want to get this all of this current PhD work done first. I promise you will see an MP-level catch up post but it probably won't be today either, probably tomorrow. Depends on how productive I am.

I'll vote position 4.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
I know dammit. I didn't mean to do that. :derp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”