Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Golden wrote:@SVS - Multiple ideas are on the table with me at once.

I think epi could be neutral or bad, but I didn't think he was civ.

I also didn't think there was much chance of us ending up on the same team.

What I said is out there and I can see why it seems messed up. But I don't have a team right now, so it seems to me that taking out someone who I don't think will end up on my team is a smart move (I know, it's not certain, but I was trying to set up this move long before rey started pointing out to me that I was wrong to think it wasn't certain).
What exactly do you think is smart about being so openly anti-cooperative and ruthless?
It's probably not so smart. It's like MP in the Flash, lol. I just tend towards being honest about my motives, even when it might be smarter to keep my mouth shut. But I don't think what I've done in this game is uncooperative. I don't think epi was civ.

linki @MM - I think epi is a special situation.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Tangrowth »

RIP Epi and Typh. :rip: That really sucks. I love playing with Epi and he dies early way too often anymore... and, like others, I am absolutely amazed Typhoony was killed N1 of his first game in years. Wow. That really sucks.

Okay, here it is. I tried to keep it as concise as possible and respond to as few posts as necessary and I think I did a really good job. If any of you still have questions for me or I missed something, then I apologize for missing it, but just please ask me. :)

Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?

I love pedantic pink!

I really can't fathom why BWT received so many votes, especially since I (and a couple of others) clearly stated he gets mislynched often, for blendy and suspicious-seeming statements. When he made a mistake with the low posters, I don't understand the mafia perspective. Can anyone actually explain to me the anti-town perspective behind BWT's posts? Because I'm clearly missing it. What's the deal, BWT voters? I demand an explanation.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I tend to judge people as individuals not as reputations. My best game of all time was Rabbits SOT, I was a ... civvie. We had a large civ BTS group, and we worked pretty well together. That team has been my gold standard of what a team should be. Not so much for the individuals (although they all were awesome and people in the Mafia community that I <3 maybe a bit more than most) but for the way we worked together. I would want cohesion more than anything, really. Team players, no Prima Donnas.

What was your theory?
That a good choice for a first lynch might be someone who has a reputation for surviving deep and not getting caught when bad, since a baddie might try to recruit someone that gave them the best shot at winning. Someone like DF or DP, for example, who frequently fly under the radar. Or someone like Typhoony or llama who can often survive deep on their wily skills by not being too civvish to NK nor too baddie-looking to get lynched.

But if I look at my own psyche, I'd probably just pick people who I felt I could have fun with too. Or that I really wanted to have btsc with because I hadn't yet, or something.
I suspect this mindset will be different for everyone, but I do think there could be value in pooling our individual perspectives.

Hey everyone! Please tell us here in this very thread how you think you would go about choosing recruits in this setup if you were recruiters. What factors would be most important in your decision? Least important? If enough of you help me out with some delicious answers, I might even compile a CHART. Who wants a chart? We love charts, don't we? Seriously, this might be a good way to get a grip of early choices -- and perhaps even influence how future recruitment choices are made. We could in part dictate how the baddies recruit. I think this is appealing.

My answers, most important numbered and least important lettered:

1.) My perception of their skillset -- I would favor someone that I feel has a diverse array of mafia skills that can function cross-alignment and long-term.

2.) Complementary talent within The Syndicate -- I am newer here than most and do not boast a lot of experience in setups as complex as this. Someone who can fill that void would be a big help.

3.) Less inherently likely to attract thread attention -- I wouldn't select myself, essentially. Loud players are a dangerous choice. :(

///

A.) Fun -- I'd probably be a party pooper in this regard. While I do love fun, I'd also think choosing based on fun would be more transparent to others and less likely to progress me towards a victory.

B.) Reputation on The Syndicate -- I only have a cursory knowledge of this anyway, but I probably wouldn't care much whether someone is perceived by others to be elite or something else.
JaggedJimmyJay, regarding my criteria for hypothetical recruiting, refer to the following:
1) My perception of their skill and versatility
2) Less inherently likely to attract thread attention
3) If I've not had BTSC with them before
4) Complement my mafia style
5) Fun
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm a fan of Russ's early contributions. His longer multi-quote posts aren't good merely for being long, they're good for conveying a mindset and progression of thought that I have no difficulty following. I can insert myself into his brain and see the posts he is discussing through his eyes -- which would be suggestive that we both are reading posts with the same end goals.
JaggedJimmyJay, how do you feel about Russ now?

In fact, would you be able to provide a Rainbow List? Maybe we can swap rainbows even. :D
thellama73 wrote:Looking at MP's list again, I could see someone recruiting Spacedaisy early. She is rarely lynched, reliable, well-liked, and flies under the radar. An ideal first recruit.
Llama, I incredibly disagree.

No offense to Daisy, I love her and all, but Daisy almost never makes it to endgame, just like DFaraday. She almost always gets called out after the game is halfway underway, if she hasn't been lynched or NKed before that. She would definitely not be one of the players I would recruit first, fifth, or even tenth probably.
Golden wrote:By the way, I've caught up on all of rico's llama suspicions and the talk around it and I have to say - I see no reason to take rico's suspicions of llama as anything but genuine, and it does make me think twice about MP because - MP - why dismiss Rico's suspicion as only able to be genuine if he is biased? I thought he was making pretty decent points (albeit that I agree with you that I don't find llama suspicious for it).
Golden, to answer your concerns about my dismissal of Rico, it's as simple as this.

Rico and Llama have a weird history, and it seems they never see eye to eye. Frankly, if I had a dollar for each game that Llama has tried the "are you bad?" stuff and pursues it, I'd have more money than I get for my PhD stipend. :drums:

Seriously though, so the reason I immediately dismissed Rico's thoughts were because I saw nothing different about Llama's shtick, and Llama used it infamously against Rico in Rico's first game ever, so it read to me like Rico was reading into Llama's intentions with a bias, particularly because the two of them have interactions on occasion that are, frankly, uncomfortable/awkward to read due to the passive-aggressive nature of them.

Perhaps I was too quick to dismiss Rico's thoughts, for that reason, but nonetheless that was (and still largely is) my thought process on the matter.

I feel much like Dom expressed here.
timmer wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I also want to highlight this post because I feel it has some merit.

What do players think of BWT's post? bea's post?
I think several people - Golden, Epig, llama, BWT - are trying to act like they normally do but it is often coming across as false because we all know they are at least mostly likely still neutral. Golden's chit chat in prticular sounded like he was playing the part of civ Golden when in fact he likely isn't civ. BWT's posts feel a bit forced as well. llama's feel a bit more natural, as do Bea's, Epig's and SVS's, and yours.
timmer, can you elaborate on what it is about the posts of the players you mentioned that makes you feel that way about them?
Spacedaisy wrote:I have finally reached the end. And up until last night I was caught up, then the thread exploded today and it took me all evening to catch up. Ugh. I have so many thoughts...

First let me be clear here, I have been quiet not because I didn't have thoughts to share our am flying under the radar, but because I have had technical issues. I tried posting three times in the last two days. Each time were long posts with multiple quotes in them and each time I lost them to the monster that is my iPad. It is out to crush my soul, I tell you. Each time, I ended up throwing my iPad away from me in rage and give up for the moment. Only to return later and find one or more other players have said what I wanted to say. I need a computer, but we just finished paying for a wedding so it will have to wait for the moment.

Now, these are my game related thoughts:

This is not a LMS style game. The Civ factions both share two common enemies, not each other. They are only grouped into two factions because the baddie teams only need the other baddie team and one of the two civ factions eliminated to win. When I read this I thought it seemed kind of silly because if civ team 1 needs baddie team 1 eliminated to win, doesn't that mean that technically baddie team 1 would need them to be eliminated to win? It is not as if they can win together. Their win conditions are mutually exclusive, if I am understanding it correctly. Anyway, my eye is on those who are trying to paint this as a LMS set up when it clearly is not. The host identified two civ teams and made it clear who they need eliminated. It seems like trying to foster a LMS atmosphere would make it easier for baddies to hide. I'm looking at you MP and Timmer...

Regarding what I would look for in a recruit, I would be looking for balance people. People who would bring things to the table I lack, or that I know I work well with. Their skill as mafia would make a difference to me whether I was civ or bad. If i was civ, I would not want the feb players to be recruited by the mafia, and if I was mafia, heck yeah I would want them on my team. But everyone has their idea of who are the really skilled bad players and we have a lot of old timers back and new players, so that muddies the water a bit.

Voting low posters. Really? If you want to vote someone for low contribution, fine, but in this situation there seems like a beck of a lot of other things to consider and I think the discussion of recruit/recruiter reasoning has been an excellent example. If we can locate either a recruit or recruiter it might give us a possible direction to look next. At one point llama made a comment about not thinking low posters are a good lynch option, but if we are going to lynch them today would be a good day. I think that is extremely silly given the fact a recruitment has already occurred, and twice for at least one of the baddies it seems. It didn't give me warm feels about llama, but I read it twice and he did say he didn't think they were the best option, so I kind of out him on my back burner, suspicion wise. Anyway, the low poster people who have masse me last comfortable are MP and bwt. MP listed me in his low poster column, knowing full well what my situation is because he has been witness to my rage against the iPad.

Golden, I trust you. I get what you were trying to say with the "but" statement, and it flowed naturally in my mind as I read it. I don't think you are bad at the moment, but I also don't think sacrificing yourself is really what is best for the game.

Epi, I also don't think you are bad, yet. But I think you are wrong. At least at the moment, players can go from neutral to bad very quickly. It is the nature of the game. Right now I think you are both either neutral or civ.

I don't like people listing who they specifically would recruit. We have no way of knowing if they are being honest or not and basically it seems like a great way to paint targets on people's backs.

Speaking of which, I don't know how the nonsense about MP recruiting me got started but slow me to remind you all of the Champion's game, in which everyone believed I was MP's narrator. They kept falling about how killing me would kill him blah blah blah. And I repeatedly told you there was no way he chose me. He didn't. I know him. I guarantee you that I would not be his first recruit and it is likely he would not recruit me at all. And frankly I would not recruit him either. Enough with that noise, felt like some serous target painting to me. Yeah, I'm looking at you again llama, and was it MM or bwt that jumped right on that train of discussion too? Talk about who specifically someone would recruit once you have some tangible evidence to go on to even know that they did recruit. Until then, you are just blowing hot air. And in regards to me being a good recruit, I played the first recruitment game. I was never recruited, I actually got randomized into a baddie role late in the game to replace aapje I think. So I'm not sure why you think I would be a good recruit but if this were the school playground and they were picking dodge ball teams, I would be the one left standing with the creeper mouth breather. I have never been picked first or early for anything recruitment in nature where mafia is concerned. It would actually make me feel good if someone would think I'm an ideal recruit, feel free y'all.

DH & MM, next time you plan on having a string of posts about granola bars our such other off topic conversation, do us all a favour and OT green that shit, some of us are trying to keep up here and it makes it a heck of a lot easier if we can skip crap like that. Funny as you all are, we can make jokes in OT green too.

Right now the fore runner for my vote is probably bwt. The way he jumped on the JJJ thing about golden using the word but, then back pedaled out of it, followed by him jumping into MP's case for voting a low poster, I'm just feeling all kinds of sketch from him right now.

Did we end up in the position where a lynch stop can be used? I can't recall. This early in the game it might be useful since we are way more likely to lynch a neutral than anything else. Just my two cents. If it is something that can be used anytime we are in that position I can't see a down side to it, unless we feel pretty sure the person we lynch is bad.

I think I covered most of my thoughts, but I had to catch up on so much I gave up on writing things and did this by memory. Anyway, that's all right at this second. I should be able to be more active tomorrow, it's my day off. And I have started using the kindle in place of the iPad, despite it having a more annoying autocorrect and being less convenient to type posts on, art least it doesn't eat them!
Spacedaisy, yes, I obviously was aware of your iPad issues, but I wasn't going to exclude you from my list of low posters that I was trying to prod to post. Sorsha had a funeral. Devin has been busy. I don't know every facet of everyone's RL. I wasn't going to speak for anyone and make any exceptions. You can defend yourself, yeah?
unfurl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck x 9001, something's come up re: PhD and I'll probably be pulling an all-nighter tonight and possibly tomorrow night to get all of this shit done. I'm sorry, folks, but this absolutely has to come first.

I'm going to just go ahead and vote unfurl in case I can't come back in time. I know this is unlike me, but I'll be lucky enough to get this done even with not sleeping tonight. I'll catch up properly whenever I can, probably Saturday or Sunday.
So according to you Im worst then a low poster? cause thats who you said wanted to discuss, and because i when against you, I pretty much became your target
So is more an easy vote to just vote for me?
unfurl, this is a misrepresentation. That is not why I find you suspicious.

I've since provided more clarification on my thought process for my vote. If you still have questions or concerns, let me know.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ludwig von Mises wrote: The assertion that there is irrational action is always rooted in an evaluation of a scale of values different from our own. Whoever says that irrationality plays a role in human action is merely saying that his fellow men behave in a way that he does not consider correct.
Now, regarding low posters: My feeling is that they are less likely to be recruited, and therefore more likely to remain unaligned. Not ideal choices for lynches, especially later in the game. On Day 1, however, they are just as likely to be a recruiter as anyone else, so if we're going to go after them, we should do it sooner rather than later.
Being a low poster right now, I have to disagree. There are already 14 pages of discussion (for me, at least), and from what little I've read so far there are too many good points being brought up to just go after low posters.

RE BWT: I've seen him leave wiggle room plenty of times before this. I've even done this myself lots of times in previous games, especially as a baddie (and as a civvie-attacking indie). That last part being said, I do agree that BWT does get lynched a lot regardless of alignment for stating wiggly-roomy type statements such as this. But I do want to keep an eye on going forward.

Linkie: MP and llama beat me to this :blush:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I agree with your second statement Boomslang.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Right now the fore runner for my vote is probably bwt. The way he jumped on the JJJ thing about golden using the word but, then back pedaled out of it, followed by him jumping into MP's case for voting a low poster, I'm just feeling all kinds of sketch from him right now.
I went away from Golden because I felt the explanation he offered me when I questioned him about it seemed fairly reasonable, and I overlooked/missed an earlier post from him where he further explained his initial response to the whole SVS thing.

I think in a game this large, there's just too much unknown to really be sure we're going to hit a target on Day 1. So I feel more comfortable voting for someone who is not contributing to the game that significantly. I know it takes some people time to really get into games, and I understand that. But in a game this large, I'd rather it be more about people actively participating and trying to get involved early on.

Now Day 2 on the other hand, I would start to look for more concrete reasons to lynch someone than "a low poster".
You are not making me feel better about you, BWT. I agree that it is always the norm to have more concrete evidence to go on in Day 2. But there is now almost 30 pages of discussion to sift through on this Day 1, and that is just too much info to ignore and go with a random or a low poster.
Not only this, but I get the feeling that you are avoiding putting yourself out there into some of the more prominent discussions going on. Your "on-the-fence" (as someone other than you referred to it) comment RE:Golden is what pinged me immediately. That felt almost identical to something you said in Bioshock, and we lynched you Day 1 as a baddie. I wanted to get away from that and go after someone referring to this game as LMS (I still might if enough people vote that rout), but I just can't get this out of my mind. So I'm going meta for now and voting for you. I will check back in later before the day ends, but I have to disappear now that I've caught up. I REALLY need to work, as I am off for most of next week.

DON"T HATE ME DAVID! :hugs:

Linki: Thank you for clarifying, Timmer. That makes me feel better about you individually for now. I understand that currently a huge % of us are neutral and that that type of game is typically LMS. I just feel that playing this game as if it is LMS could really fuck us when we're recruited. I could see the same being argued for playing it as good vs. evil, but I'll stand by that type of (familiar) game play :shrug:
Devin, how did you go from Post #1 to Post #2 here? As it stands, your vote for BWT might be the one I find most suspicious, because you seem to disregard your previous meta read on BWT to some degree.
timmer wrote:In regards to SD and Devin (and anyone I missed) who don't like my stance on the game. I've been pretty clear in saying that I think it is an LMS game that will then segue into a traditional mafia game. I'm not saying LMS forever, just LMS for now. An unrecruit has no allegiance, no alignment, no task except to stay alive until said recruitment can happen. That's it. Right now, day 1, there are apparently 8 people on teams, and something like 25 not on teams. So the majority of us have survival on our mind, plain and simple.

My problem with people saying that they are playing civvie until they get recruited is that it could all be such a lie already. Someone could say that as the leader of a baddie team, lol. Whether someone wants to admit it or not, it's all lying because half of the people saying it will end up bad and their stance will then be strategic tactics, or already are.

You must see how there is at least anelement of LMS in these early days?
timmer sums up my exact thoughts here regarding the nature of this game very well.

I also implore anyone willing to judge me harshly for viewing the game as LMS to search through my posts for where I said this game was LMS because I did not.
Russtifinko wrote:Posting from airport...my last weekend traveling before a one week break from it! Haha

I have been mostly following, just haven't had time to post. I only skipped 10 pages, I swear. And apparently they were full of DHs poop anyway.

I think voting low posters on D1 is ludicrous. DF could be really excited for this game and just had one long shift at work and then needed to sleep, and he could've missed basically all of today. I think people are basically giving up on getting a baddie because there are just 2, so they're playing for self preservation and feel least guilty about voting a low poster because they seem less interested in playing. I think that stinks.

I'm voting timmer. He and MP were suggesting we play the game in a way that pretty much guarantees cob defeat IMO. And plenty of baddies have tried to use odd setups as reasons to convince Cubs to work with them. I actually think MP was more militant about it, but I believe that his real life concerns are real, and timmer was all for an "everyone is LMS" game.

OMG STOP. I clicked submit 3 times without even reading the Linki and it won't go thru. *sobs*

Linki. Listen to JJJ. He's not stupid. If we get a baddie with DF, it'll be blind chance. Use actual suspicion. I know some people don't feel hopeful about getting a baddies, but we have to try. Nipping the baddie recruitment in the bud is by far the easiest way to win here.
Russtifinko, I think you're somewhat mischaracterizing mine and timmer's views here, and you completely fail to acknowledge Canuck's viewpoint. How do you feel about her?

You said vote an actual suspect, yet you voted for timmer, for the way he is approaching the game. Do you have suspects that you suspect in a more traditional sense? (does that make sense?)
Metalmarsh89 wrote:This doesn't seem right for unfurl to end the day early, but this is the finaly tally I came up with. Everyone had 1 vote except unfurl who had 2. This makes more sense for someone like BWT to be the one who stopped the lynch.

2 - unfurl
  • DrWilgy (1), MovingPictures07 (3)
1 - birdwithteeth11
  • Devin the Omniscient (7)
1 - Canucklehead
  • Spacedaisy (9)
1 - DrWilgy
  • DisgruntledPorcupine (6)
1 - Epignosis
  • Golden (2)
1 - Golden
  • Epignosis (4)
1 - MovingPictures07
  • unfurl (11)
1 - Russtifinko
  • bea (8)
1 - S~V~S
  • Scotty (5)
1 - Tranq
  • G-Man (10)
Metalmarsh89, or anyone else, so is this tally the correct one?

I was thinking YES VINDICATION :slick: when I saw the timing of unfurl's post as pointed out, but if you're right MM, then yeah, it does seem unlikely that she did it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP, that isn't ALL the posts...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:MP, that isn't ALL the posts...
I can't imagine how long it would have taken to respond to ALL of the posts since page 15.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I can't imagine how long it would have taken to respond to ALL of the posts since page 15.
Well, hey, you are the one who said you would ;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MP, I believe Rico has a correct tally somewhere, but I was not keeping track of votes that were not stated in the thread. Then again, neither would the hosts... :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Well, hey, you are the one who said you would ;)
:llama:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:MP, I believe Rico has a correct tally somewhere, but I was not keeping track of votes that were not stated in the thread. Then again, neither would the hosts... :shrug2:
:ponder:

Not sure how much we can gleam from D1's no result at all then.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Join the dark side

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP: glean, not gleam, dammit
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Join the dark side

I tried to intently read as much as I could, but I definitely skimmed some stuff, especially Night 1.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regarding Golden, I'm not at all surprised by his explanation. I find him genuine; he won't be receiving my D2 vote.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Golden, I'm not at all surprised by his explanation. I find him genuine; he won't be receiving my D2 vote.
Fun strategy, is it not?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Golden, I'm not at all surprised by his explanation. I find him genuine; he won't be receiving my D2 vote.
Fun strategy, is it not?
:nicenod:

That said, I don't have any intention of copying it; I just wanted my thoughts on Golden to be made clear, since he's already a hot topic and will likely continue to be one.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I saw the move he was making before Epi died. Personally, I say well played. He wanted Epi out and he made it happen, either with a kill or baiting a kill. I can't say I am glad Epi is dead necessarily, but I'm impressed.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:I saw the move he was making before Epi died. Personally, I say well played. He wanted Epi out and he made it happen, either with a kill or baiting a kill. I can't say I am glad Epi is dead necessarily, but I'm impressed.
Impressed enough to recruit him?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey DH, how about a rainbow list? :P
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

Unlikely. I think too much like Golden, I would want to build a team with various strengths if I was recruiting. Golden is my brain twin and as much as I enjoy playing with him and would love btsc with him, I wouldn't recruit him knowingly.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey DH, how about a rainbow list? :P
G
O
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:haha:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Fun strategy, is it not?

That said, I don't have any intention of copying it; I just wanted my thoughts on Golden to be made clear, since he's already a hot topic and will likely continue to be one.
I don't think it is a strategy that can be easily copied, or even replicated by me. The baddies may have even known I was doing it, but either way they are only going to see something like that through so many times. Now that I've said thats what I was doing, I can't do it again.

linki @DH - I'm a little unclear. Are you saying you think F and K are likely civ but G is likely bad? And you seem to have a lot in the yellow-orange band...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, regarding the Typhoony kill... I know this is WIFOM, so I understand the sheer flimsiness of it, but I cannot see any of the LP/TP/RMers* willingly killing Typhoony in his first game back in so long. I would be absolutely floored if that happened. I'm still shocked he even died, to be honest.

*Those players would include:
aapje
bea
Bullzeye
Canucklehead
DFaraday
DharmaHelper
Dom
Golden
G-Man
LoRab
MovingPictures07
nutella
reywaS
Roxy
Sorsha
Spacedaisy
S~V~S
timmer
Tranq
Turnip Head
unfurl

Which leaves:
Bass_the_Clever
birdwithteeth11
Boomslang
Devin the Omniscient
DisgruntledPorcupine
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
Metalmarsh89
Ricochet
Russtifinko
Scotty
thellama73
TinyBubbles

Thoughts?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Fun strategy, is it not?

I don't think it is a strategy that can be easily copied, or even replicated by me. The baddies may have even known I was doing it, but either way they are only going to see something like that through so many times. Now that I've said thats what I was doing, I can't do it again.

linki @DH - I'm a little unclear. Are you saying you think F and K are likely civ but G is likely bad? And you seem to have a lot in the yellow-orange band...
The only one I trust is I.

Linki - Typhoony is not someone I would personally kill N1, but I'm not willing to discount anyone else from having done it, particularly anyone who has played previous RMs. Dude is scary, better to kill him then let him get scooped up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Fun strategy, is it not?

Different pages. I believe MM was referring to his strategy of saying "I'm not voting for _______", not your strategy of getting Epi killed. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Linki - Typhoony is not someone I would personally kill N1, but I'm not willing to discount anyone else from having done it, particularly anyone who has played previous RMs. Dude is scary, better to kill him then let him get scooped up.
Yeah, that's fair enough. He is pretty scary.

I'm not saying I'm really going to base my D2 vote off of such flimsy logic, either, but I thought I'd at least throw it out there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:I saw the move he was making before Epi died. Personally, I say well played. He wanted Epi out and he made it happen, either with a kill or baiting a kill. I can't say I am glad Epi is dead necessarily, but I'm impressed.
I'm not going to pretend that I'm 'glad' epi is dead either. I like playing mafia with epi. I just don't think him being alive was in my interests this game.

@MP - I agree with that for he most part, although it assumes the killer thinks like you or me (I think most of that list would). You can absolutely discount someone like Roxy or SVS, for instance. The problem comes when trying to determine whether or not it is helpful information given there is no evidence Typh's kill was from a baddie. It might help narrow down who is a in a specific role, though...

linki @MP - oh, right, gotcha.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
I'm not going to pretend that I'm 'glad' epi is dead either. I like playing mafia with epi. I just don't think him being alive was in my interests this game.

@MP - I agree with that for he most part, although it assumes the killer thinks like you or me (I think most of that list would). You can absolutely discount someone like Roxy or SVS, for instance. The problem comes when trying to determine whether or not it is helpful information given there is no evidence Typh's kill was from a baddie. It might help narrow down who is a in a specific role, though...

Good point re: bolded/underlined.

I agree 100% on Rox and S~V~S though, as well as most of the list. I just can't fathom either of them making that NK. I suppose anything's possible though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Good point re: bolded/underlined.

I agree 100% on Rox and S~V~S though, as well as most of the list. I just can't fathom either of them making that NK. I suppose anything's possible though.
Yes, deflection or something is probably possible as well.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Epi and Typh. I am like many others surprised and saddened to see Typh go so early and hope he gets a rez since he is quite a fun/intense player to have around. I somewhat agree with MP's assessment -- I would certainly not kill Typhoony so early, I would be hoping for the chance to end up on a team with him, but I wouldn't necessarily discount that someone else familiar with his gameplay could want to eliminate him early on.

Also, it's revealed that he was killed by the Brutal Executioner, and looking at that role we now know that Typh was a Sorceror. For what that's worth.

Black Rock wrote:
Keeper of Ravens wrote:CHAOS! CHAOS IS UPON US! Brothers and Sisters if we are to survive this
plite, questions must be answered immediately! You know the questions.
For the answers... you must look north, for there you will find truth."
???????? What does this meannn
Black Rock wrote:
Speaker of Serenity wrote:Please lynch Turnip Head. That is all.
:ponder:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote:Also, it's revealed that he was killed by the Brutal Executioner, and looking at that role we now know that Typh was a Sorceror. For what that's worth.
It's worth quite a bit. Good catch.

I wonder if it has to be someone whose clan is sorceror, or someone who is actually recruited. Probably the former?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Scary or not, I have to agree with MPs list to a large extent becasue this is the first game he's played in a while. I would add DP to that list due to RM3.

And probably the former, we all have a clan. Just not a team.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

And actually yeah since there are deflections and stuff we can't really be sure. There are some position 1 powers that could have messed up targets and stuff, so we're not 100% sure Typh was a Sorceror. But there's a pretty good chance. Below is a list of all the roles that are Sorcerors

Azura Nokomis - Sorcerers of the Elements
"There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it. Better to save your own life and join me."
Kills on odd nights!

Position 1: Power Steal
Position 2: Chooses a player. Votes for her go to that player, and votes for that player go to her
Position 3: Immune to NK/Lynch
Position 4: Curse
Position 5: Choose 3 people to force votes

The Apprentice - Sorcerers of the Elements
At the beginning of the game he has a 10% chance of any of his powers working. Every night his chances improve. Once he is recruited the changes increase by 20% and continue to improve. Sometimes when a power fails they fizzle, other times a random effect happens.

Position 1: Insanifier
Position 2: Random Potion
Position 3: Silence
Position 4: Negative a vote
Position 5: Position Switch

Windscout - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Randomly blows votes
Position 2: Random Redirects 4 night powers
Position 3: Every X vote is doubled
Position 4: Seemer
Position 5: Team Seemer

Pyromancer - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Cremates a body
Position 2: Fireshield
Position 3: Firetrap
Position 4: Fire Vision
Position 5: Immolate

Chaos Dancer - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Switch three roles powers
Position 2: Switch two players targets
Position 3: Pick a player, that player's target is put to sleep instead
Position 4: Chaos Curse
Position 5: Bind two people

The Magnetarch - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Magnetically repel night powers to random targets
Position 2: Magnetically repel every third vote to a random player
Position 3: Choose a player to be a vote-magnet
Position 4: Choose three players, and steal an item from one of them
Position 5: Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll

The Gambler - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Select a number X. If the vote-leader in the next lynch receives X number of votes, you may utilize any one of that player's position powers the following night in addition to your own. If the vote-leader in the next lynch does not receive X votes, then your vote will be randomly forced the following lynch phase.
Position 2: Your vote is worth double, but you also start the day with one extra vote.
Position 3: Choose a clan to get a random power from. You will gain a vote each time the player whose power you have used gains a vote on the following day cycle.
Position 4: If you are targeted with an odd number of night powers, they will all be negated. If you are targeted with an even number of night powers, you will attract the direction of another night power for each one you are already targeted with.
Position 5: Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Fixed so easy on eyes.
Azura Nokomis - Sorcerers of the Elements
"There is no good and evil, there is only power...and those too weak to seek it. Better to save your own life and join me."
Kills on odd nights!

Position 1: Power Steal
Position 2: Chooses a player. Votes for her go to that player, and votes for that player go to her
Position 3: Immune to NK/Lynch
Position 4: Curse
Position 5: Choose 3 people to force votes

The Apprentice - Sorcerers of the Elements
At the beginning of the game he has a 10% chance of any of his powers working. Every night his chances improve. Once he is recruited the changes increase by 20% and continue to improve. Sometimes when a power fails they fizzle, other times a random effect happens.

Position 1: Insanifier
Position 2: Random Potion
Position 3: Silence
Position 4: Negative a vote
Position 5: Position Switch

Windscout - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Randomly blows votes
Position 2: Random Redirects 4 night powers
Position 3: Every X vote is doubled
Position 4: Seemer
Position 5: Team Seemer

Pyromancer - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Cremates a body
Position 2: Fireshield
Position 3: Firetrap
Position 4: Fire Vision
Position 5: Immolate

Chaos Dancer - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Switch three roles powers
Position 2: Switch two players targets
Position 3: Pick a player, that player's target is put to sleep instead
Position 4: Chaos Curse
Position 5: Bind two people

The Magnetarch - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Magnetically repel night powers to random targets
Position 2: Magnetically repel every third vote to a random player
Position 3: Choose a player to be a vote-magnet
Position 4: Choose three players, and steal an item from one of them
Position 5: Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll

The Gambler - Sorcerers of the Elements

Position 1: Select a number X. If the vote-leader in the next lynch receives X number of votes, you may utilize any one of that player's position powers the following night in addition to your own. If the vote-leader in the next lynch does not receive X votes, then your vote will be randomly forced the following lynch phase.
Position 2: Your vote is worth double, but you also start the day with one extra vote.
Position 3: Choose a clan to get a random power from. You will gain a vote each time the player whose power you have used gains a vote on the following day cycle.
Position 4: If you are targeted with an odd number of night powers, they will all be negated. If you are targeted with an even number of night powers, you will attract the direction of another night power for each one you are already targeted with.
Position 5: Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ah thanks, I forgot to make it a quote. spoiler tags are annoying.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Typhoony »

Long Con wrote: but Typhoony... whether or not you end up back in the game, I hope you will be here for A World Reborn in a few months. :srsnod: [/color][/b]
Probably will be back for that :)

Also, if there's a rezz game with bugs, lemme know bitches

Peace out :meany:
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

nub Typhoony
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I hate long shifts and getting out when everyone is asleep.

I'm going straight to bed myself. But am saddened that it's position 5. I don't like position 5 very much. I know it was just an eventuality, but grr.

RIP Epi and Typhoony. I had no qualms with either.

More coming on monday methinks. Almost through the thick of it (work)! Thanks for allowing me to live into Day 2! :workit:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

nutella wrote:And actually yeah since there are deflections and stuff we can't really be sure. There are some position 1 powers that could have messed up targets and stuff, so we're not 100% sure Typh was a Sorceror. But there's a pretty good chance. Below is a list of all the roles that are Sorcerors
I don't think the Brutal Executioner's kill would go through if the kill got deflected to someone who is not a Sorceror.
@ Hosts: Could you clarify this?

My first thought was 'Why would the Executioner kill someone who voted Position 1 on Day 0?' Those players would be less likely to be a Sorceror as that's the Position the Executioner could kill them on. Clearly that's not true :P but i wouldn't be surprised if some kind of deflection happened.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Poll error or is this Day only supposed to be 24h?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?
MP, i just went through your posts that mention unfurl, and through her posts aswell.

Basically, this is the reason you voted for her, right?
MovingPictures07 wrote:At this moment, the players that I'm eyeballing the most are:

unfurl, for 13 posts that contribute practically nothing (no offense intended) to the hunt or game mechanics discussion, and for an attitude that seems very cheeky, sarcastic, and nonchalant. It's possible that she is a recruiter or recruited that isn't willing to open up the low poster discussion for the reasons I mentioned, although it seems clear that she has no intention to open up any avenue of discussion. Even if she isn't recruited or recruiter of a nefarious nature, that is a dangerous mindset, and considering 28 of us are neutral, she may receive my vote purely for that unwillingness.
I don't see anything wrong with her having the attitude you described Day 1 in a Recruitment game. Especially her post here is one i agree with. I don't read her as having 0 intention in discussing anything (i think she has posted quite a bit since your interactions), i read it as wanting to play the game in her own way. I'm sure as the game progresses she'll have more original posts and thoughts.
So as for your suspicions and her posts so far, i don't think it points to unfurl being a Recruiter or having been recruited.

What do you make of DrWilgy wanting to be friends with unfurl?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Got about 8 pages to read - see ya'll on the other side :shifty:
;)
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Apparently I'm hanging out in London today. I'll answer questions and say other things tonight.

Epignosis gets killed early too often. Be brave and face the man for once eh (whoever)?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Apparently I'm hanging out in London today. I'll answer questions and say other things tonight.

Epignosis gets killed early too often. Be brave and face the man for once eh (whoever)?

Say high to splints and the Queen for me! :noble:
;)
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

My thoughts on the no lynch:
Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:
bea wrote: I'm currently unsure of which is more user friendly - collecting all my thoughts in one long post with no quotes or posting like 1000 times as I catch up. I welcome suggestions but doubt I will see them till I get to the end of this. I'm so far behind I don't know how teefies flipped yet.
Neither do we. :D
We don't even know IF teefies flipped.
This post stood out to me. Why would you assume BWT wouldn't flip? Note Golden posted this before the lynch post revealed BWT didn't flip.
aapje wrote:Let's look at the possible roles that could have cause no lynch to occur:
Caelia - Children of Serenity
Lynch Pardon
I think the first is very unlikely since the lynch ended early.
I wouldn't dismiss Caelia's pardon entirely. Caelia knows Supreme Judge can interfere with their power. What if Caelia ended up with the most votes, then decided to pardon the lynch only to find out Supreme Judge had already ended the Day? Caelia would be dead and pissed :p
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote: I have no idea what inspired the Judge to turn it into a lottery yesterday,
I have to wonder if the judge has been recruited, tbh.
Also a possibility.

However, i feel like going with Occam's razor:
Ricochet wrote:So my theory so far is shaping up like this:

if the stats are correct that a 1-vote 11-player tie took place and a player gets lynched through randomization, then it must mean the player who got lynched survived the lynch, according to his position 1

ergo any of the following players (BWT, Canuck, Epignosis, Golden, MP, Russ, SVS, Tranq, Unfurl, Wilgy - I'm not, but feel free to throw me in as well; I would have super dead and super pissed if I would have been lynched or if the Day would have ended with me having two votes) can be:

Ubzargan the Ruthless - Immune to NK/Lynch
Jilted Lover - Can’t die as long as ? alive

If I missed anything, let me know, but so far I believe this to be the conclusion: our non-lynched player today is Uzbargan or the Jilted Lover. unfortunately we have 11 candidates for this spot
Who wants to do The Maths ? :p
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

@MP - I ended up going with bwt because I went back to read his posts that were pinging people. The more I looked over them the more they reminded me of Bioshock. I thought that this seemed like the best possibility for getting him early on as a baddie again.
That being said, on a friendly level I'm glad he made it past Day 1 (and Night 1 for that matter) :D

RIP Epig and Typh :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

RIP Epig and Typh

I don't have a lot of time until later this evening, because in a few hours I'm attending and even playing at an anniversary event, but here are some preliminaries:

Going through some few dillemas stated, I imagine this has been clarified in the meantime, but Epignosis was definitely killed by Azura and Typhoony by The Executioner; it's not only the host post, but also on the front page. :p

From how the Executioner's role is described, I'd assume his guess is more significant to the success of his kill, therefore his kill simply being redirected and rebounding to a Sorcerer player should not work, if his initial guess was wrong. But I agree this could be clarified. :shrug: Either way, I'd say the outcome is the same, his kill being successful means that Typhoony was a Sorcerer.

-----

Here's a recap of Position 1 and how I personally project some of their outcome. It won't be perfect, of course, so feel free to correct or contribute
Ricochet wrote:Ok, so today's package is

Lynch Pardon (civ leader) - unlikely her mind was mind up, due to the early end of the Day, but still theoretically possible
Redirect Night powers (civ leader) no way to tell, I think
Immune to NK/Lynch (mafia leader) possible
Power Steal (mafia leader) no way to tell; Also, can Azura steal in advance during the phase or is she inheriting the power for the next phase? Also, is the player she steals from negated from using that power?
Insanifier Not everyone has checked in yet, but so far no signs. Also his rate of success was at 10%.
Seduction No idea what this does and no signs so far (or perhaps no way of telling?)
Mind Control No idea what this does and no signs so far (or perhaps no way of telling?)
Role Nullifier Given a few powers that, so far, haven't surfaced, I'd say it was probably used
Tracker No way to tell, unless/until hints start surfacing.
Heal No way to tell? Was anyone in need of healing, at this point?
Randomly blows votes Possible, but it wouldn't have affected the outcome of the lynch
Cremates a body (does this actually require a body, i.e. a dead player to cremate, possibly making him unrezzable q.m.) Nobody died D1, so I'm assuming there was no "body" to cremate.
Immune to all Kills safe passage
Untargetable probably, safe passage anyway
Can’t die as long as [lover] is alive safe passage
End day period early happened status: happened
Seemer no need
(Keeper of Ravens) Message to the thread through host happened
Switches two targets no way to tell? maybe something to do with the kills?
Dead role check no dead to check after D1
Boon no way to tell?
Picks Player and do what?
Picks 3 minus or plus votes possible, either he pushed a certain someone to lynch (and that someone survived), either he reduced the tie and didn't influence the outcome
Kill a Sorcerer seems like a hit
Switch three roles powers no way to tell?
Randomize three players, block one, protect one, kill one this one's interesting, because a third player didn't die. It doesn't sound like he can use only some of these, so I assume it didn't happen? Sleeping on the job or voluntarily refraining?
Finds out how many of each clan are recruited or unrecruited, and the status of Clan Leaders well I'm sure he'll share
Magnetically repel night powers to random targets no way to tell?
Knowing who a Position 1 role targeted has info, if so
(Speaker of Serenity) Message to the thread Happened. Interestingly, this is supposed to be a fake role, but turns out it was genuine. Good to know, at least.
Protects all Guardians (indy leader) possible, Terras should have all the incentive to keep his Guardians alive. This also means that Epignosis was very likely not a Guardian.
As for today's menu, to which I'll add some comments or questions. I've added all the powers, because we don't have info on which Sorcerer died and what Epignosis was.

Immune to NK/Lynch (civ leader)
Votes worth 3 (civ leader)
Heal/Protect (mafia leader)
Choose 3 people to force votes (mafia leader)
Position Switch [Sorcerer]
Blocks [Unaffiliated]
Competition [Warrior] What does this mean?
Give a power [Brotherhood] What does this mean?
Track BTSC [Children]
Lynch Switch [Guardian] - could weigh in on today's outcome
Team Seemer [Sorcerer]
Immolate [Sorcerer] Is this a kill or something special?
Immune to Azura Kill [Guardian] - it's not her Night to kill, except if someone in her team will have a kill - I mean, is this specifically Azura or team Azura?
Finds out a secret [Guardian]
Saves ? life [Children] - depends if the Lover will be threatened
Restart day [Children] - :popcorn:
Silence [Warrior]
Message to role through host [Guardian]
Choose 3 other players to protect, they start the next day with three votes each [Brotherhood]
Possible rezz [Guardian]
Power Corruption [Children] In what way?
Lightning Picks an element, if Thunder picks the same element they both use that element’s power
Thunder Picks an element, if Lightning picks the same element they both use that element’s power
Kill a Children of Serenity [Warrior]
Bind two people [Sorcerer]
Choose three players to receive gossip about, the gossip is not player specific. [Warrior]
Send a coded message to a player [Children]
Rogue Mercenary [Warrior] - Don't think he was recruited so far.
Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll [Sorcerer] might mess things up
Knows who a Position 5 role targeted [Brotherhood]
(Speaker of Serenity) Message to the thread [Children] - or is it?
Become a shadow, you can’t be night targeted and all votes for you will not count [Warrior] - safe passage today
Punisher [Brotherhood] What does this mean?
If you are targeted at night both you and the role targeting you are affected [Guardian]
Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double. [Sorcerer]
Stops Guardian Lynch [indy leader]
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Tranq wrote:I don't think the Brutal Executioner's kill would go through if the kill got deflected to someone who is not a Sorceror.
@ Hosts: Could you clarify this?
If the Brutal Executioner's kill was deflected to a non-Sorcerer, it would have failed. Typhoony was in the Sorcerer clan, and his recruitment status played no part.
Tranq wrote:Poll error or is this Day only supposed to be 24h?
Should be 48 hours. I think we were like "It's Saturday, so Monday is right!" But it was after midnight. BR was trying for "1.8 days" length on the poll, and it must have gone with "1".
Ricochet wrote:As for today's menu, to which I'll add some comments or questions. I've added all the powers, because we don't have info on which Sorcerer died and what Epignosis was.

Immune to NK/Lynch (civ leader)
Votes worth 3 (civ leader)
Heal/Protect (mafia leader)
Choose 3 people to force votes (mafia leader)
Position Switch [Sorcerer]
Blocks [Unaffiliated]
Competition [Warrior] What does this mean? You'll find out if you are chosen by the War Monger.
Give a power [Brotherhood] What does this mean? Replaces a player's power with a different one.
Track BTSC [Children]
Lynch Switch [Guardian] - could weigh in on today's outcome
Team Seemer [Sorcerer]
Immolate [Sorcerer] Is this a kill or something special? Mostly special. :feb:
Immune to Azura Kill [Guardian] - it's not her Night to kill, except if someone in her team will have a kill - I mean, is this specifically Azura or team Azura? Team Azura's kill. This time, Position 5 did not line up with that kill, so this is not a useful power... unless Azura gets a kill through some other means.
Finds out a secret [Guardian]
Saves ? life [Children] - depends if the Lover will be threatened
Restart day [Children] - :popcorn:
Silence [Warrior]
Message to role through host [Guardian]
Choose 3 other players to protect, they start the next day with three votes each [Brotherhood]
Possible rezz [Guardian]
Power Corruption [Children] In what way? Depends on the power, really. It would be altered in a negative fashion.
Lightning Picks an element, if Thunder picks the same element they both use that element’s power
Thunder Picks an element, if Lightning picks the same element they both use that element’s power
Kill a Children of Serenity [Warrior]
Bind two people [Sorcerer]
Choose three players to receive gossip about, the gossip is not player specific. [Warrior]
Send a coded message to a player [Children]
Rogue Mercenary [Warrior] - Don't think he was recruited so far.
Electromagnetic pulse removes half the votes from each player on the poll [Sorcerer] might mess things up
Knows who a Position 5 role targeted [Brotherhood]
(Speaker of Serenity) Message to the thread [Children] - or is it?
Become a shadow, you can’t be night targeted and all votes for you will not count [Warrior] - safe passage today
Punisher [Brotherhood] What does this mean? It's up to him who deserves a punishment.
If you are targeted at night both you and the role targeting you are affected [Guardian]
Select a number X. X random players will receive one additional vote against them this day phase. If any of these X players votes for you, their vote is worth double. [Sorcerer]
Stops Guardian Lynch [indy leader]
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Tranq is right, poll shows to end tomorrow morning for me. So what do we do?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

They can just add a day to it since there are no votes.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Fixed, thanks S~V~S!

Return to “Previous Jobs”