Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Tranq wrote:I don't think the Brutal Executioner's kill would go through if the kill got deflected to someone who is not a Sorceror.
@ Hosts: Could you clarify this?
If the Brutal Executioner's kill was deflected to a non-Sorcerer, it would have failed. Typhoony was in the Sorcerer clan, and his recruitment status played no part.
This doesn't clarify the scenario in which Exec might have guessed wrong, but got his kill deflected to a Sorcerer. Does the initial guess count in any way or simply who the target is, whether original target or deflected target?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, forgot to ask: any news/result on Ahriman's recruiting contest? Any regular recruiting accomplished throughout the Night?

If not, except if Epig or Typh were recruiters/recruits, I think we're still at:

Team Caelia - 2 players
Team Ahriman - 2 players (or 3)
Team Ubzargan - 3 players
Team Azura - 2 players
Terras

23 or 24 players unrecruited
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

If the Brutal Executioner guessed wrong, and it was deflected on to the right kind of person, the kill would happen. If it was deflected to Typh last night, then Typh's death as a Sorcerer was the result of a deflection.

Team Ahriman recruited somebody.
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Aww Typh and Epi.

Interesting that there was no Immortal kill.

@Hosts:
Will failed kills be written into the post?
How many missing PM's?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 1)

Post by Long Con »

aapje wrote:@Hosts:
Will we be told if there is a tie? No.
Will we be told if a team is eliminated? Yes
If a baddie team is eliminated, will the other team take over the kill? I'm gonna say yes to this one. I believe that's what we'll do, it's a good way to handle the nightkill.
Who needs to be blocked to stop a baddie kill? Is it the team leader or can they decide who carries it out? They will decide who is killing.
Will people be told if they are blocked/have their power stolen? Yes.
Does the Apprentice know the effect of their potions? Yes.
Can the Warden absorb (and subsequently use) more than 1 power at once? Yes... but I have to talk to BR about how that one works.
What happens if someone tries to target the Ranger while he is untargetable? Will the power fail or is it redirected? Will they be told? I think it's like a block or partial block.
How long is the duration of a thread lock? 4 - 6 hours.
How many votes can the Windscout blow? Only the Windscout knows...
Can the Jilted lover decide not to use position 2 (Die instead of ?) No. Love conquers all.
What happens to Thunder and Lightening if one of them dies? The other one cries. And the powers will change.
Does the Gambler have to predict the votes exactly right? (position 1)
I believe so.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spoiler: show
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, regarding the Typhoony kill... I know this is WIFOM, so I understand the sheer flimsiness of it, but I cannot see any of the LP/TP/RMers* willingly killing Typhoony in his first game back in so long. I would be absolutely floored if that happened. I'm still shocked he even died, to be honest.

*Those players would include:
aapje
bea
Bullzeye
Canucklehead
DFaraday
DharmaHelper
Dom
Golden
G-Man
LoRab
MovingPictures07
nutella
reywaS
Roxy
Sorsha
Spacedaisy
S~V~S
timmer
Tranq
Turnip Head
unfurl

Which leaves:
Bass_the_Clever
birdwithteeth11
Boomslang
Devin the Omniscient
DisgruntledPorcupine
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
Metalmarsh89
Ricochet
Russtifinko
Scotty
thellama73
TinyBubbles

Thoughts?
I would not kill Typhoony either.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

aapje wrote:Aww Typh and Epi.

Interesting that there was no Immortal kill.

@Hosts:
Will failed kills be written into the post?
How many missing PM's?
Failed kills should be written in. I think I missed writing in the Immortal kill that failed last night. I'll write it up today after I talk to BR to be sure of what she wants to do. I think the right solution is to just write up an extra section about this person surviving and post it.

There was definitely one PM missing.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So the killers have wasted no time in using their roles.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Regarding Golden, I'm not at all surprised by his explanation. I find him genuine; he won't be receiving my D2 vote.
Fun strategy, is it not?
:nicenod:

That said, I don't have any intention of copying it; I just wanted my thoughts on Golden to be made clear, since he's already a hot topic and will likely continue to be one.
I don't think it is a strategy that can be easily copied, or even replicated by me. The baddies may have even known I was doing it, but either way they are only going to see something like that through so many times. Now that I've said thats what I was doing, I can't do it again.

linki @DH - I'm a little unclear. Are you saying you think F and K are likely civ but G is likely bad? And you seem to have a lot in the yellow-orange band...
Different pages. I believe MM was referring to his strategy of saying "I'm not voting for _______", not your strategy of getting Epi killed. He can correct me if I'm wrong.
You were correct MP, I was talking about the elimination lynches.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Why would MP go out of his way to say Daisy wouldn't make a good recruit? If course she would make a good recruit. His response was completely unnecessary. Looks like a massive over correction to me. Either he has already recruited her or he intends to. MP has a good chance of receiving my vote today.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by Ricochet »

Lastly for now, because I have to prepare and get going in less than half an hour:

1) I get and respect that Typhoony's death is seen as premature and met with great sadness, but since he's a confirmed Sorcerer, I'd like to play the devil's advocate a bit and ask some questions, especially to those who would like to see him rezz'd:

Would you be ok with a Sorcerer being rezz'd?
Do you find the Sorcerers' positions, in their initial (unrecruited) state, to be mostly positive, negative or neutral towards the balance, normality of the gameplay and towards the civ cause?
Would you say that, in case a Sorcerer gets recruited to civ camps, their powers will turn more positive towards said balance and civ cause?
Do you think Typhoony could have been among the lesser dangerous Sorcerers or the more?
How do you find the odds of Typhoony having been Azura?

----

Also @ Hosts, can The Magnetarch repel kills as well?

----
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:By the way, I've caught up on all of rico's llama suspicions and the talk around it and I have to say - I see no reason to take rico's suspicions of llama as anything but genuine, and it does make me think twice about MP because - MP - why dismiss Rico's suspicion as only able to be genuine if he is biased? I thought he was making pretty decent points (albeit that I agree with you that I don't find llama suspicious for it).
Golden, to answer your concerns about my dismissal of Rico, it's as simple as this.

Rico and Llama have a weird history, and it seems they never see eye to eye. Frankly, if I had a dollar for each game that Llama has tried the "are you bad?" stuff and pursues it, I'd have more money than I get for my PhD stipend. :drums:

Seriously though, so the reason I immediately dismissed Rico's thoughts were because I saw nothing different about Llama's shtick, and Llama used it infamously against Rico in Rico's first game ever, so it read to me like Rico was reading into Llama's intentions with a bias, particularly because the two of them have interactions on occasion that are, frankly, uncomfortable/awkward to read due to the passive-aggressive nature of them.

Perhaps I was too quick to dismiss Rico's thoughts, for that reason, but nonetheless that was (and still largely is) my thought process on the matter.

I feel much like Dom expressed here.
You're misconstruing things to no end. Where did I criticise Llama's "Are you bad" shtick itself and called it atypical and indicative of baddieness? :huh: My case on him was based on him intentionally creating WIFOM by openly saying his preference for a recruitment would be the Sorcerer's camp and then further weaving more WIFOM by assuming that his first statement will now make it unlikely for it to happen. I then made a relative analogy between his statements (offered freely) being no better than Bubbles' statements (offered in reply to Llama) and if Llama wants to trial Bubbles for her statements, then it stands to reason that he should also be trialed for his statements.

I think I understand better right now what your thoughts were (even if they're still misunderstanding), nevertheless they weren't truly worded that way until now. Instead it felt more like you took the bias hunch and jumped right on it, with no prior meta confirmation of my bias ever happening. It was certainly not the angle I'd have expected, probably least of all from you. Also, I still stand by what I said about that discussion being inadvertedly shot down due to the bias debate - apart from a few people, like Golden above, chiming in, of course. You'll find my feelings about it in my D1 wrap-up post and I mostly stick by them.

As for interactions between myself and certain players being uncomfortable/awkward, I have made some statements in a Lounge thread about the forum slowly turning to Not-Fun and I stick by them as well. If there's ever a real issue, a PM in my inbox, from that person or from forum authorities, will most definitely work towards sorting things out.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Tranq wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?
MP, i just went through your posts that mention unfurl, and through her posts aswell.

Basically, this is the reason you voted for her, right?
MovingPictures07 wrote:At this moment, the players that I'm eyeballing the most are:

unfurl, for 13 posts that contribute practically nothing (no offense intended) to the hunt or game mechanics discussion, and for an attitude that seems very cheeky, sarcastic, and nonchalant. It's possible that she is a recruiter or recruited that isn't willing to open up the low poster discussion for the reasons I mentioned, although it seems clear that she has no intention to open up any avenue of discussion. Even if she isn't recruited or recruiter of a nefarious nature, that is a dangerous mindset, and considering 28 of us are neutral, she may receive my vote purely for that unwillingness.
I don't see anything wrong with her having the attitude you described Day 1 in a Recruitment game. Especially her post here is one i agree with. I don't read her as having 0 intention in discussing anything (i think she has posted quite a bit since your interactions), i read it as wanting to play the game in her own way. I'm sure as the game progresses she'll have more original posts and thoughts.
So as for your suspicions and her posts so far, i don't think it points to unfurl being a Recruiter or having been recruited.

What do you make of DrWilgy wanting to be friends with unfurl?
Tranq, thanks for elaborating on this. You're correct that's essentially what I was seeing in unfurl.

As to the last line, why is that exactly? Do you think a Recruiter or recruited would be more apt to share their own opinions?

Regarding DrWilgy, I have no idea what to make of it. Apparently, he's friends with MM now as well. What do you make of it?
Devin the Omniscient wrote:@MP - I ended up going with bwt because I went back to read his posts that were pinging people. The more I looked over them the more they reminded me of Bioshock. I thought that this seemed like the best possibility for getting him early on as a baddie again.
That being said, on a friendly level I'm glad he made it past Day 1 (and Night 1 for that matter) :D

RIP Epig and Typh :(
Devin, thanks for elaborating. I hope to hear more from other BWT voters as well.

Do you still think he is mafia-aligned?
thellama73 wrote:Why would MP go out of his way to say Daisy wouldn't make a good recruit? If course she would make a good recruit. His response was completely unnecessary. Looks like a massive over correction to me. Either he has already recruited her or he intends to. MP has a good chance of receiving my vote today.
Llama, just wow, I just can't believe you're serious (if you are). If you want to vote for me for such a silly reason, by all means. You're the one who brought up the whole "would MP recruit Daisy?" and "Daisy is the perfect recruit", which are ridiculous points of discussion even by D1 standards in my opinion.

I had a strong opinion on those points of discussion, and I missed the conversation between you and BWT in real time, so I provided my opinion now. That's not "going out of my way". If it is, then I "went out of my way" to respond to other discussions I missed too. If I had been able to post at the time, I would have said it then. If I had, would you have thought I'd be "going out of my way" then as well?

I don't care what you say, but there are plenty of players that would make good recruits, and you and BWT said that it would be "on the nose" that I'd recruit Daisy. I was telling you that 'No, no it's not, because I wouldn't recruit her first' and I was being honest. If you base a D2 vote off of something so WIFOM and baseless, and seriously campaign for my lynch based upon it, instead of the hundreds of posts we've had, then I may call for your lynch, solely for being a liability.
Ricochet wrote:
You're misconstruing things to no end. Where did I criticise Llama's "Are you bad" shtick itself and called it atypical and indicative of baddieness? :huh: My case on him was based on him intentionally creating WIFOM by openly saying his preference for a recruitment would be the Sorcerer's camp and then further weaving more WIFOM by assuming that his first statement will now make it unlikely for it to happen. I then made a relative analogy between his statements (offered freely) being no better than Bubbles' statements (offered in reply to Llama) and if Llama wants to trial Bubbles for her statements, then it stands to reason that he should also be trialed for his statements.

I think I understand better right now what your thoughts were (even if they're still misunderstanding), nevertheless they weren't truly worded that way until now. Instead it felt more like you took the bias hunch and jumped right on it, with no prior meta confirmation of my bias ever happening. It was certainly not the angle I'd have expected, probably least of all from you. Also, I still stand by what I said about that discussion being inadvertedly shot down due to the bias debate - apart from a few people, like Golden above, chiming in, of course. You'll find my feelings about it in my D1 wrap-up post and I mostly stick by them.

As for interactions between myself and certain players being uncomfortable/awkward, I have made some statements in a Lounge thread about the forum slowly turning to Not-Fun and I stick by them as well. If there's ever a real issue, a PM in my inbox, from that person or from forum authorities, will most definitely work towards sorting things out.
Ricochet, I appreciate your response here. I admit that my immediate dismissal of your thoughts on Llama was perhaps unfair, but I thought my thoughts on the matter were clear; apparently, they weren't, as noted by you and Golden, at the least. That's my bad. I didn't understand the point in chastising Llama for something he's done game after game, regardless of alignment (and almost always as civilian, if I recall correctly), and immediately figured you were trying to get Llama lynched much like Golden was just trying to get Epi NKed, especially given the neutral-heavy nature of early stage game. I realize that I jumped to conclusions prematurely 100%. I'm tired of seeing you two at each other's throats all the time. Not sure what else you want me to say about it at this point.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

Bye Epi and Typh, I also agree with the general feeling of loosing Typh after he has not played in a long time is a big lost, even if I have no idea wheter if he was still civvie/neutral or recruited to baddies, still a lost as a player
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Tranq wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?
MP, i just went through your posts that mention unfurl, and through her posts aswell.

Basically, this is the reason you voted for her, right?
MovingPictures07 wrote:At this moment, the players that I'm eyeballing the most are:

unfurl, for 13 posts that contribute practically nothing (no offense intended) to the hunt or game mechanics discussion, and for an attitude that seems very cheeky, sarcastic, and nonchalant. It's possible that she is a recruiter or recruited that isn't willing to open up the low poster discussion for the reasons I mentioned, although it seems clear that she has no intention to open up any avenue of discussion. Even if she isn't recruited or recruiter of a nefarious nature, that is a dangerous mindset, and considering 28 of us are neutral, she may receive my vote purely for that unwillingness.
I don't see anything wrong with her having the attitude you described Day 1 in a Recruitment game. Especially her post here is one i agree with. I don't read her as having 0 intention in discussing anything (i think she has posted quite a bit since your interactions), i read it as wanting to play the game in her own way. I'm sure as the game progresses she'll have more original posts and thoughts.
So as for your suspicions and her posts so far, i don't think it points to unfurl being a Recruiter or having been recruited.

What do you make of DrWilgy wanting to be friends with unfurl?
Tranq, thanks for elaborating on this. You're correct that's essentially what I was seeing in unfurl.

As to the last line, why is that exactly? Do you think a Recruiter or recruited would be more apt to share their own opinions?

Regarding DrWilgy, I have no idea what to make of it. Apparently, he's friends with MM now as well. What do you make of it?
Im going to answer to this as it sort of is about me, so I will stick my nose in there

I think something to keep on my mind MP, it was day 1, I think a lot people expressed that day 1 is a crapsot, bullshit, they dont know what to do etc
I was not the only one feeling like I had no idea what is going on, sometimes it takes me a while to get on the swing on things and to people that dont know well, it comes as Im not trying, but I do try more so as the game progress, also keep on mynd there are 36 players, Im not used to that much of reading, I usually like smaller games and I also dont play a lot, in this site alone is my 3rd game

I admire people who are so selfasure of what they find suspicious, and so stubborn about it, may have theory, look a little bit at trying to find clues, like I did in the night post, and aapje thought as well, (And Im gonna ask the host my previous questions that they do not answer )and sometimes I make cases which does not mean Im fully convinced or correct about it, and sometimes I just go with my gut also
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

unfurl, thanks, I appreciate it. I understand, don't get me wrong. But it also would be a convenient way for a recruiter or recently recruited to avoid committing to anything that occurs during Day 1. I've also seen Day 1's this year that completely were not crapshoots, so I think it may be silly to immediately dismiss any Day 1 discussion as meaningless.

Nonetheless, I take what you have to say into consideration. What thoughts about players do you have right now?
unfurl
The Mark

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1 lynch)

Post by unfurl »

HOST QUESTIONS
unfurl wrote:Host
LC- BR
Are the names of roles on the post, just for storytelling? being specific the Warrior of the Shadows or they have some involment in game mechanics for the lynch

---

HOST
What does it mean a lynch stop in your world?
the player with most votes dies? what are the variables that can apply?
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:unfurl, thanks, I appreciate it. I understand, don't get me wrong. But it also would be a convenient way for a recruiter or recently recruited to avoid committing to anything that occurs during Day 1. I've also seen Day 1's this year that completely were not crapshoots, so I think it may be silly to immediately dismiss any Day 1 discussion as meaningless.

Nonetheless, I take what you have to say into consideration. What thoughts about players do you have right now?

From top on my head

Golden vrs Epig thing, well Epig is dead, but Golden saying something along the line that he set up Epig is weird, dont know if he is WIFOM, but if Golden was bad why he will be so honest about it?

Scotty, day 1 vote for SVS, was a litte bit odd, as Dom pointed out, but Scotty explained later on, and it made sense his explanation

BWT, got a lot votes, maybe is worth lo look at him or his voters, some manipulation may be going on in that situation :eye: something I may look into later on
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Also I do not agree with Scotty on his theory about SVS, but at leastthe reason behind his vote it was not that contradictory, which was the point
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MP is responding with threats now? "If you vote for me, I will vote for you"
That is atypical of him. Plus I don't like being threatened. Still some time left, assuming we actually have a 48 hour day, but MP looks no good to me.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:MP is responding with threats now? "If you vote for me, I will vote for you"
That is atypical of him. Plus I don't like being threatened. Still some time left, assuming we actually have a 48 hour day, but MP looks no good to me.
That's not exactly what I said. Misrepresentation.

Right, I look "no good" to you because I responded to a false assertion you made about what I do in a WIFOM situation regarding recruiting Daisy. Despite literally every single other thing that's occurred this game, you assert that I "look no good".
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm kicking things off with a vote for llama.

Votes are changeable in this poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, thanks for responding to my question.

Instead, you fixate on the fact that I threatened to vote you out if you continued to campaign against me based on such a ridiculously weak reason, and contribute nothing else.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm kicking things off with a vote for llama.

I'll vote for him too. His TinyBubbles suspicion yesterday, though I defended him against Rico because he always does it, was ridiculous as always, and his move against me today is irritating and irrational in the highest form.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:MP is responding with threats now? "If you vote for me, I will vote for you"

Right, I look "no good" to you because I responded to a false assertion you made about what I do in a WIFOM situation regarding recruiting Daisy. Despite literally every single other thing that's occurred this game, you assert that I "look no good".
I fail to see how "other things have happened" is relevant to whether you are bad or not. And what I am responding to now is your overreaction more than anything else.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm kicking things off with a vote for llama.

I'll vote for him too. His TinyBubbles suspicion yesterday, though I defended him against Rico because he always does it, was ridiculous as always, and his move against me today is irritating and irrational in the highest form.
All action is by definition rational.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I fail to see how "other things have happened" is relevant to whether you are bad or not. And what I am responding to now is your overreaction more than anything else.
Overreaction?

You said you were going to vote for me because I responded to something YOU brought up that was completely WIFOM as to whether I would recruit Daisy. You thought I was bad because I commented on a discussion that directly concerned me?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Amanda
Overreaction?

You said you were going to vote for me because I responded to something YOU brought up that was completely WIFOM as to whether I would recruit Daisy. You thought I was bad because I commented on a discussion that directly concerned me?
Yes overreaction. One person out of thirtyish said they might vote for you, and you immediately jumped to "no you" as if you were terrified of taking a single vote. Big overreaction.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Llama, would you feel honored if you were lynched with more than 30 votes today?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

MM, and others make sure you bold your posts for the hosts

Vote registered for thellama73

My analysis on the situation at hand is coming soon. Just got off work. All I gotta do now is dance. Will one of you lovely ladies join me?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama, to say the least, what thoughts and suspicions you have had this game are unfounded and as likely to catch a recruited or recruiter as a roll of the dice. There are many other topics of discussion that you have yet to weigh in on. You confine yourself to very rigid points of view and are unwilling to view opportunities for where the person you're accusing could be civilian or, much more likely, neutral, instead of the exact set of circumstances you impose upon the accused.

If you are not yet a civilian, such thinking will be detrimental to the future civilian cause; otherwise, you're derailing the thread with ridiculous WIFOM assertions, then calling me out as bad when I actually try to engage you in conversation, after I defended you earlier for behavior you typically conduct. I'm not going to anymore.

I'm not terrified of taking a single vote. But if you are going to campaign to lynch anyone under such irrational and inconsistent pretext (what happened to TinyBubbles?), then I have no problems with voting to remove you from the game at this stage.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Besides, votes are changeable; otherwise, I would not have voted so soon.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:MM, and others make sure you bold your posts for the hosts

My analysis on the situation at hand is coming soon. Just got off work. All I gotta do now is dance. Will one of you lovely ladies join me?
I don't believe a day-ending power is going to be in play today, but bolding votes is probably still a good habit in this game.

I prefer watching other people dance from the sidelines. :lorab: Sorry LoRab, stole your smiley.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Forgot about bolding the vote!

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm confused. I mean I know what is going on with MP voting llama, but where are these other votes coming from? I feel like I've missed a step somewhere...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Spacedaisy wrote:I'm confused. I mean I know what is going on with MP voting llama, but where are these other votes coming from? I feel like I've missed a step somewhere...
*Spacedaisy trips, but Wilgy catches her before she lands* Do be careful. If you miss a step in this dance, you will surely get hurt.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I assume that Metalmarsh has re-opened his offer to me to band together (screennames starting with M), and it appears DrWilgy is associated with him. :P

I am a bit confused myself, so hopefully they can elaborate.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Kadaj aka Cabbage posted in our thread!!!! :kadaj: He is suspicious of the nub aapje - we should all vote aapje :noble:

jk :p

Teeth's non lynch - I totally get the reasons for the votes he got - but tbh he often plays slightly wacky and different than other players - Idk if I would have voted him but prob not. So The Judge ended the day early. But have we determined why no one was not lynched? I may have not gone back far enough in my catch up :noble:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Sorry I went quiet. I'm at a baseball game right now Go Reds!

But yeah, fairly disappointed about going out on Day 1 in my first game back. Not much I can do about it though. Good luck civs!
Here before lynch end Teeth says "Good Luck Civ's" - is it meant to be a mindfuck or he is hinting at being recruited? If he is implying he was recruited I would venture to say he was prob recruited as a baddie - him saying "Go Civs" just feels unnatural at this stage of this game.

Golden/Rey - I do not get Rey's points about Golden and tbf they read as forced. You say you did not call him bad but then what is this:
Reywas wrote:might could be
Reads that you think he "might could be" bad. Ergo he is bad - is the point I got when catching up. You also said he did not seem sincere - does that in and of itself make him bad Rey? Please elaborate more than you have - use little words so I can be sure to understand :goofp:
Epignosis wrote:To answer your question, I was referring to several people. Unfurl is one that comes to mind immediately.
I do not remember her (unfurl) being that forceful can you link me up to the posts you are referring to?
aapje wrote:B]Psychedelic Prodding
[/B]
I like this one best :)

WTF would kill Typh? I was looking forward to the old gang together again playing. And Epi too. Weird. I do not think Golden would actually kill Epi but maybe that is what he wants us to think, the wifom is strong with this kill.
MovingPictures wrote:Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 55#p167955 :)

MP your posts about Ricochet and to Ricochet feel weird idk if it the tone or wording that make my nose twitch the most. Same with unfurl. srsly you have played more than one game with her MP I am surprised you needed people (me first I believe) to clarify why they think your vote was so yucky. :eye: :eye: 's on MP.
DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey DH, how about a rainbow list? :P
G
O
F
U
C
K
Y
O
U
R
S
E
L
F
XD

Spacedaisy wrote:I'm confused. I mean I know what is going on with MP voting llama, but where are these other votes coming from? I feel like I've missed a step somewhere...
agreed!
;)
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

I definitely agree with this. I see llama throwing some shade at MP and MP throwing his weight around to discourage that shade. But that's a one-on-one interaction, and I don't see much else that justifies the votes of MM or DrWilgy. They seem opportunistic.

linki: And there's DrWilgy with a vague threat! The plot thickens!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures wrote:Can any of the players that defended unfurl's behavior by saying it is like unfurl please explain to me what in her behavior makes you believe this? What adjectives would you use to describe her play in general that you see here, that make you unable to distinguish her alignment, and not persuaded by any of the points I was making?

MP your posts about Ricochet and to Ricochet feel weird idk if it the tone or wording that make my nose twitch the most. Same with unfurl. srsly you have played more than one game with her MP I am surprised you needed people (me first I believe) to clarify why they think your vote was so yucky. :eye: :eye: 's on MP.
What? Can you elaborate on Ricochet? I don't understand.

I don't even remember what games I've played with unfurl, to be frank. I know I hosted her in Fight Club. That's about all I remember. If you were so surprised, why are you mentioning this now and not at the time of my suspicion?

I fail to understand why you are keeping :eye: on me.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

to aapje - the best one was psychedelic proddings - imo idk LC's colorizer is not working here for me :(
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boomslang wrote:
I definitely agree with this. I see llama throwing some shade at MP and MP throwing his weight around to discourage that shade. But that's a one-on-one interaction, and I don't see much else that justifies the votes of MM or DrWilgy. They seem opportunistic.

What do you make of what Llama has thrown at me?

Whose actions are justified? Why?
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1 lynch)

Post by Long Con »

unfurl wrote:HOST QUESTIONS
unfurl wrote:Host
LC- BR
Are the names of roles on the post, just for storytelling? being specific the Warrior of the Shadows or they have some involment in game mechanics for the lynch

---

HOST
What does it mean a lynch stop in your world?
the player with most votes dies? what are the variables that can apply?
I believe a lynch stop is synonymous with a lynch pardon.

There are five Clans that people can belong to from the start. These aren't the same as what team a person is on. It's best to think in terms of Team Caelia and Team Ahriman being the Civvies, and Team Ubzargan and Team Caelia being baddie teams 1 and 2.

The Clan you belong to can affect some game elements, a look through the roles will reveal some that there are areas where it matters... When Terras "protects all Guardians" for instance, he protects those on Team Caelia, Team Ubzargan, etc.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Spacedaisy »

I don't think that was a threat, I think he was just playing around, apparently I became his dance partner without knowing it. Which is totally fine with me, as long as he doesn't mind me stepping on his feet, because I can't dance... ;)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:

I don't even remember what games I've played with unfurl, to be frank. I know I hosted her in Fight Club. That's about all I remember. If you were so surprised, why are you mentioning this now and not at the time of my suspicion?

I did mention it do you not see the link I provided? You never played on RM before? :ponder: Weird you only played one game with her - I am going to have to check now.
You defended llama yesterday against Rico who was suspecting llama for the same reason he suspected Tiny Bubbles - yet you found Ricochet suspicious for it. I call bullshit.
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:

Opportunistic? I voted for him first.

I just noticed a dog in Roxy's avatar. That hasn't always been there has it?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:

I did mention it do you not see the link I provided? You never played on RM before? :ponder: Weird you only played one game with her - I am going to have to check now.
You defended llama yesterday against Rico who was suspecting llama for the same reason he suspected Tiny Bubbles - yet you found Ricochet suspicious for it. I call bullshit.
I saw that link. I saw your original post. Stop asking me questions in that tone; yes, I've played on RM. Where did I say I played only one game with her? WTF? I don't remember what games I've played with her. This is utterly ridiculous.

It's not bullshit. These are my legitimate thoughts. I don't know how you expect me to respond an assertion that what I'm saying is bullshit.

This is irritating to the highest degree.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Roxy wrote:to aapje - the best one was psychedelic proddings - imo idk LC's colorizer is not working here for me :(
That's weird, it works for me. You need to change the size though, this one is sized for a different kind of forum.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I don't care if other people want to dance around it. But I'm the admin here. And it's uncomfortable as fuck whenever Llama and Rico interact almost all of the time. I don't know how you all feel. But they clearly never see eye to eye and have the worst passive aggressive arguments of any two players I see on this site. So yeah, when I say Rico was going after Llama for shit he always pulls, yeah, that's why I dismissed it completely.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't care if other people want to dance around it. But I'm the admin here. And it's uncomfortable as fuck whenever Llama and Rico interact almost all of the time. I don't know how you all feel. But they clearly never see eye to eye and have the worst passive aggressive arguments of any two players I see on this site. So yeah, when I saw Rico was going after Llama for shit he always pulls, yeah, that's why I dismissed it completely.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DFaraday »

RIP Typh and Epi.

I feel like Llama going after Daisy, and then MP, is pretty standard Llama, although I agree with MP that Daisy does often get called out for flying under the radar, and so might not make an ideal teammate. The more concerning issue is that Llama already has three votes in short order.

As for Golden, I don't see him as suspicious for orchestrating Epi's death. If he really believed Epi to be bad, then he was trying to work against the baddies, I suppose.

EBWOP: I don't know what this Llama and Rico thing is, but I'll just ignore it. Seems like the best way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”