Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Roxy wrote:I do not get why it is ok to lynch someone you do not think is recruited bc he is a good choice for recruitment - huh? Obv not bc it has led to a likely lynch.

I have been questioned over my suspicion but to me this is really weak.

Keep dreaming MP I see now you are indeed looking for easy lynches.
I don't understand your first line. Can you reword? I don't understand who "he" is.

You've been questioned over your suspicion because it seems several players do not legitimately understand fully why you suspect BWT. Perhaps you should realize that's not because we have skipped your posts but because it's not entirely clear.

I am, yeah? Okay then. Think what you want.
I think she is taking about this guy.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass, I hope you understand that it's nothing personal, and if you still legitimately have questions for me, I'll try my best to address them. But I think I (and others) have made my (their) thoughts clear.

Linki: I'm not sure where I said I was lynching Bass because he's a good choice for recruitment. :huh:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
I do see the irony in SVS seeing me as a threat and wants to vote me, essentially because I did what I could to get rid of the person I thought was a threat.
Um I am voting for you, but if you do not get lynched, I will not try to get the baddies to kill you.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I can definitely see how you (or anyone) would view Golden as a threat at this point. He basically stopped short of calling the Epignosis kill "a demonstration".
I do see the irony in SVS seeing me as a threat and wants to vote me, essentially because I did what I could to get rid of the person I thought was a threat.
Um I am voting for you, but if you do not get lynched, I will not try to get the baddies to kill you.
Well I think I've made it very clear epi was a one off too, but it doesn't stop everyone pretending like I'm going to do it to them next.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Bass, I hope you understand that it's nothing personal, and if you still legitimately have questions for me, I'll try my best to address them. But I think I (and others) have made my (their) thoughts clear.

Linki: I'm not sure where I said I was lynching Bass because he's a good choice for recruitment. :huh:
You lnow me betterr then that man its a game. When golden get lyncheds and I'm right that dude is super shady this game then it will be worth it.
I understand that my answers have not been the best but its what I got I was honest and said I wasnt going to read everything I missed and the hurt me in the long run. Also I keep trying to play this game like last man standing because thats the only game thats kinda like this. Well this early in the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Bass, I hope you understand that it's nothing personal, and if you still legitimately have questions for me, I'll try my best to address them. But I think I (and others) have made my (their) thoughts clear.

You lnow me betterr then that man its a game. When golden get lyncheds and I'm right that dude is super shady this game then it will be worth it.
I understand that my answers have not been the best but its what I got I was honest and said I wasnt going to read everything I missed and the hurt me in the long run. Also I keep trying to play this game like last man standing because thats the only game thats kinda like this. Well this early in the game.
I can respect that.

Dude, if Golden gets lynched and flips recruiter/recruited mafia today, I will gladly admit that I couldn't have possibly been more wrong and that you're a baller.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

I can respect that.

Dude, if Golden gets lynched and flips recruiter/recruited mafia today, I will gladly admit that I couldn't have possibly been more wrong and that you're a baller.
And what will you do if Bass is lynched and is either unrecruited, recruited civ or recruiting civ?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

I can respect that.

And what will you do if Bass is lynched and is either unrecruited, recruited civ or recruiting civ?
Unrecruited? I'm totally fine with that.

Recruited/recruiter civilian? I'd be utterly shocked, wouldn't you?
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
Well I think I've made it very clear epi was a one off too, but it doesn't stop everyone pretending like I'm going to do it to them next.
This type of attitude is a big reason why I don't trust you, Golden. You admittedly make this big, bold move to Epignosis killed on Day 1, and then you act like everyone is being unfair to you by not trusting your intentions. Do you really see the scrutiny on you as unfair?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
I don't believe you. I think you killed him, tbh. If I am wrong, I am sorry. But I think this is an admirably ballsy attempt to wifom out of killing your persecutor.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

I can respect that.

Unrecruited? I'm totally fine with that.

Only thing that shocks me is a pickachu, pardner. :smoky:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Unrecruited? I'm totally fine with that.

Only thing that shocks me is a pickachu, pardner. :smoky:
:haha:

PIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Reading Rey's last few posts directed at Golden, I'm wondering if Rey is on the team that killed Epi.

Assuming Golden himself didn't do it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Reading Rey's last few posts directed at Golden, I'm wondering if Rey is on the team that killed Epi.

I could see that. Not convinced... but I distrust rey throughout this whole thing more than I do Golden.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I actually thought rey was on the level before his recent interactions with Golden though.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Wilgy's Dance Partner wrote:
Delicious wrote:DrW kind of reminds me of Merlin the Wizzard. *wipes tear*
That is a high compliment Dr.Wilgy! Merlin is a good guy, and very humorius writer. Miss that guy.
Well if it is a compliment then I shall happily accept and tuck it under my hat! *Bows* Thank you Good Nutella, thank you Good SpaceDaisy. Maybe one day I will have the honor of discussing with this fellow!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:A few points for DrWilgy to address:
DrWilgy wrote:*The lights in the room cut off, and a spotlight turns on revealing a rather handsome man clad in a tuxedo and a matching mask. With one hand he gracefully moves his hand to his mask, the other he runs through his hair. He removes the mask to reveal himself as the good DrWilgy, and he points a finger to the sky* Everyone! The doctor has returned! MM and Unfurl, let's do this together now!
Boomslang wrote:DrWilgy, I see you creeping this thread. Care to explain your switch vote to MP? Because that's really, really sketchy, especially as you've been less than forthcoming with your llama vote analysis (other than to say you "got what you wanted" out of it). Right now, you strike me as very opportunistic.
Opportunistic, yes, very much so. Does this bother you? In regards to creeping, I was merely staying upto pace. I can't be falling too far behind. My vote switch to MP is simple, I wanted to pressure them. I do have an inclination to think that they are scum based upon the voting pattern I saw being formed. Until something else stands out to me, my vote will remain there.

The Llama vote and analysis are two different things, I wanted to see what would happen if a vote was placed on Llama. That's all.

Here's my analysis and thoughts so far, don't expect chronological order, I simply picked through things I found interesting:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:MP, I believe Rico has a correct tally somewhere, but I was not keeping track of votes that were not stated in the thread. Then again, neither would the hosts... :shrug2:
:ponder:

Not sure how much we can gleam from D1's no result at all then.
This is another reason why I can confidently place my vote on MP. While this post may not contain much, suggesting that something has no informative value is wrong. All things are rational and have a reason for happening. Even suggesting that information is useless, can translate to "This evidence is irrelevant" which is always super scummy.
The llama vote that preceded your MP vote remains unexplained unless I missed it. Why did you place that vote?

Regarding your explanation for voting MP: citing an intent to increase pressure on him strikes me as a rather fruitless endeavor. MP was already under a solid amount of pressure (as he so often seems to be around here) and he was spewing a great deal of content in the face of that pressure. What more did you need from him to substantiate your read? The post you referenced to expand on your suspicion does not do your vote much justice either -- it's a very minor post within the fuller context of MP's post history and frankly very easy to criticize.
This,
DrBeautiful (Wilgy) wrote:The Llama vote and analysis are two different things, I wanted to see what would happen if a vote was placed on Llama. That's all.
I've never played in a game where votes are not changeable. This has lead to a curiosity based voting habit.

And in regards to MP,
I disagree with you seeing my attempts as fruitless, and that is where we are different. Where there is information to be gained, I will gladly take all I can get, even if it means placing a vote on someone who is already spewing *Shivers* That word... It is not a good word...

Aaannd...
*Wilgy throws down a smokebomb, but, to his dismay, a breeze picks up and blows the smoke away. Wilgy is left standing there with an awkward smile facing his friends*
/sigh... Perhaps you are right about my vote, but I am still very suspicious. The power of suggestion is a strong thing, and I'm willing to criticize anyone willing to use it in a dangerous manner. Maybe I haven't fully adjusted to this environment.
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::ponder:

If Bass is somehow a recruited mafia, my bet's on Rox for his teammate.

I am leaving the thread before I pee all over MP
Unknown to both Roxy and MP, there was a sad Wilgy with a camera hiding behind the curtains.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote: Unknown to both Roxy and MP, there was a sad Wilgy with a camera hiding behind the curtains.
LMAO!!!! :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I'm officially above JJJ in post count again, so I'm fine with signing off for the night. :P

See you folks later. :offtobed:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I voted for Bass.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Facts: Golden expressed sincere desire to see Epignosis killed. Epignosis is killed on night 1 by Azura.

How Golden and his new cheerleader MovingPictures come off to me:

"Hey, guys, look I know that I/Golden am/is responsible for Azura (A confirmed baddie) killing Epignosis when literally the only person going after Epig was Golden, but he's getting a bad rap and I think everyone just needs to trust the guy. I promise he's not bad. You're crazy for going after him. Actually, you read as bad to me because you aren't giving Golden a free pass."

It's insanity. lol
Some day, Some day
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

reywaS wrote:Facts: Golden expressed sincere desire to see Epignosis killed. Epignosis is killed on night 1 by Azura.

"Hey, guys, look I know that I/Golden am/is responsible for Azura (A confirmed baddie) killing Epignosis when literally the only person going after Epig was Golden, but he's getting a bad rap and I think everyone just needs to trust the guy. I promise he's not bad. You're crazy for going after him. Actually, you read as bad to me because you aren't giving Golden a free pass."

It's insanity. lol
I think you did it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think Goiden did it.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

lol lynch me then
Some day, Some day
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Shit.

At least I got my vote in this time.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

reywaS wrote:Facts: Golden expressed sincere desire to see Epignosis killed. Epignosis is killed on night 1 by Azura.

It's insanity. lol
THIS. :clap:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Turnip Head wrote:Reading Rey's last few posts directed at Golden, I'm wondering if Rey is on the team that killed Epi.

I could see that.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head is still alive. What's up with that?

Why wouldn't you all listen to an unknown voice?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2 End)

Post by Long Con »

A Taste of Power

On the Plains of Krascec, the Warriors of the Shadows were gathering their forces. Under Ubzargan's leadership, disparate tribes of savage warriors, guilds of thieves and assassins, and disillusioned members of other clans had come together. Their camp had grown into a well-organized tent town, with large fires punctuating the field here and there. Ubzargan stood before the largest of these fires, grinning at the revels that he could hear around him.

A commotion caught his attention, as several Warriors dragged a struggling figure into the firelight. "Master!" called out one thick-looking brute. "We caught ourselves a spy!" He tossed Bass the Clever down at Ubzargan's feet, as the cyborg looked on with interest.

"I'm not a spy!" cried Bass, scrambling to his knees. "I'm just a traveler, they, they ambushed me! Please!"

Ubzargan leaned close to him. "My men say you were spying." He looked Bass over. "You're a Sorcerer of the Elements, aren't you?" He grabbed Bass by the front of his tunic. "Did your mistress send you here?"

"No!" cried Bass. "I'm not even... I don't think she should rule!" He looked pleadingly at Ubzargan. "I want no part in this conflict!"

"A pacifist, eh?" Ubzargan looked thoughtful. "Just want to live your little life, find a female, grow old with grandchildren perhaps?"

Bass nodded earnestly. "Please, just let me go!"

"The thing is," Ubzargan ignored his plea, "That this is war." He raised his voice, and held a fist to the air. "And if you're not with us," he glared menacingly at Bass, who was shaking his head in despair, "Then you are against us!"

Ubzargan held his robotic arm out to the side, and an Warrior quickly placed a wickedly curved blade into his hand, which he raised high above a cowering Bass. "The Warriors of the Shadows will not tolerate dissent, and we will not tolerate weakness!" His face grew serious. "I hope you find your path in the next life!"

Ubzargan raised the blade high above his head, but Bass' eyes flared with a white light as he held up a hand, freezing the arm, hand, and blade in place.

"You are wrong about me, cyborg," he said grimly, standing before Ubzargan. "I am the Magnetarch, and I can control the metal in your blade," he clenched his fist, and Ubzargan's cyborg elements strained and groaned, "And in your body!"

Ubzargan showed no outward sign of the pain Bass was causing him, beyond a bead of sweat and a gritting of his teeth. Before Bass could continue, Ubzargan's left hand, still fully flesh and bone, shot out and grabbed Bass by the throat, squeezing until Bass could no longer maintain the magnetic hold on him.

"Impressive, Sorcerer," growled Ubzargan. "But here is a taste of true power!" He tossed Bass into the huge bonfire, where he shrieked and writhed for several long seconds before collapsing into the blazing embers.

Bass the Clever has been lynched. He was the Magnetarch, and he was unrecruited.

It is now Night 2. Night will last less than 24 hours, as we wish to make the transition point between phases slightly earlier.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

*begins a slow clap*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Uh oh, skettios.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I'm getting way too worked up here. LOL. I apologize for coming off so aggressively. I don't apologize for my opinions, but I do feel like I'm getting too into it when I haven't played mafia in a year. I'm going to chill out...for now.

Goodnight and have a great Tuesday.
Some day, Some day
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That sucks, Bass <3
DrWilgy wrote:*begins a slow clap*
?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

so no one gets confused...

Night will end at 10 pm EST. All PM's must be in by then. Please get them in as soon as you have made your decision as it is easier for your wonderful, amazing hosts.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

In fairness I always did think Bass was pretty attractive.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bummer. See you in the next game Bass.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Official Announcement

There will be a contest for a prize tonight. The contest will end with the night. We have had three previous Recruitment games. In those three we have had 4 leaders each. I have hidden those leaders names in host posts. Please send me the leaders names and a link to the posts they are in. Happy hunting!
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
This type of attitude is a big reason why I don't trust you, Golden. You admittedly make this big, bold move to Epignosis killed on Day 1, and then you act like everyone is being unfair to you by not trusting your intentions. Do you really see the scrutiny on you as unfair?
Scrutiny? No.

But, rey, I will repeat to you - you find me suspicious for things like saying 'I feel guilty about it'. What is the baddie motive in that statement?

I do not think all of my votes are the outcome of scrutiny. I actually think some of the votes (especially yours) come from a place of a lack of scrutiny.

I will say to you again, you are the one who claimed that motivations are where you should be looking. Why, then, do you continue to ignore me every time I ask you why my statements are indicative of a baddie mindset, and just fall back on telling me off for claiming honesty etc
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Well I'm not particularly disappointed to lose the Magnetarch, was a dangerous role anyway. And I'm rather indifferent that he was unrecruited. Honestly I'd call this a relatively successful day 2 given the circumstances. It will be hard to find the actual baddies.

Think I'll go for Position 3.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also really great post LC. I always really enjoy your writing and I really appreciate the detail you put into game flavor.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

nutella wrote:Also really great post LC. I always really enjoy your writing and I really appreciate the detail you put into game flavor.
It is a scene he sets. I like how he brings the characters to life. That's why I need him as a cohost. No stories come from me. I just create, he brings them to life. That's right, he does the life thing twice. :meany:
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

A Recruitment Mafia contest? Guaranteed Dutch victory.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't even remember voting position 3 but I just looked at the poll and apparently I did. so I'm voting position 3.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Position 3
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

OK. Back at home. Collected myself. Getting back into things. Trying to reorganize my thoughts after everything was deleted earlier :mad:

Let's start with some ground rules: No hair pulling, no biting, no spitting.

This Day 2 has been as heated as a chicken coop in July. Fried chicken gives me stomach cramps.

My main focus, like I've been saying, has been around the bigger posters with the biggest egos, and from there, seeing how they peter/fall out in discussions after a time. Then I plan to trickle down from there. Because if I were a recruiter, would I want to be big and civ sounding all the time? No. I would want to pose certain isolated theories that sound plausible, respond to criticism, and if anyone bites, great. If no one does, reel the line back in, put on new bait, rinse and repeat. IF you're talking all the time and getting lots of flak and heat for it, there's 2 ways to go about it before it turns to WIFOM: 1) As a recruiter, I want to steer clear of that person for fear of him losing faith with the majority or 2) I might want to recruit based on the fact that people will be thinking that such a loud-mouth talkative tina could not be on a team. I'd like to think a skilled recruiter could pull off the latter, but I'm edging towards believing in the first option.

I have not made a spreadsheet cataloguing everyone's whims and votes yet, so for now I'm cherry picking things that stand out. I'm playing this weird game of chutes and ladders as it pertains to content of people's posts, and I will admit that I have been skimming quite a bit the past day to catch up, but several clashes stick out to me:

Golden v reywaS:
Golden killed Epi. Or reywaS killed Epi, and used Golden as a scapegoat (as per Turnip Head)

My take: Both seem very plausible. Golden is to verbose defense as pillows are to beds. You can sleep on a bed without a pillow, but it's much more comfortable to do so with one. In Golden's case, he is a classic chatty cathy. He wants to make sure his voice is heard and that he gets every point across, to the point of exhaustion. That's just who he is. But in the process, and by defending himself against everything thrown his way, he can be digging himself an even bigger hole. It's very interesting to watch, and I look forward to the narrated Discovery Channel special on this phenomenon.
reywaS on the other hand would know that Golden has a very strong urge to talk, and could have anticipated such, killing Epi and pointing his smelly finger at Golden in the process. This actually would make more sense given the extent that Golden has gone to defend himself, and the blunt, manipulative hostility of a good amount of reywaS' posts towards this topic. reywaS has been on Golden's ass from Day 1, and hasn't let up at all. Out of reywaS' 124 posts, I'd reckon 60% of them are about Golden (I'm guesstimating). I would expect it very easy and safe to tunnel into one person for a time, since it does look like he's doing work/ restocking the shelves, running the cash register, and talking with the customers/ instead of making the minimum-wage employee do it for the price of a sandwich. But I digress.

Now Roxy brought this up yesterday, and received a vague and blah answer from him on the level of "just satisfactory". I would assume he would do the same to me, but I'm gonna reiterate some posts of his.
There's this:
reywaS wrote:Golden doesn't seem genuine to me. I'm voting for him.
(Day 1)
His read on Golden at the beginning of Day 2?
reywaS wrote:As for the "might could be" post. I heard that phrase on The Wire, and I like using it whenever I can. lol. I was NOT (obviously) saying that Golden is bad. If I was saying, in that post, that Golden WAS bad, I would have said something more along the lines of "Golden is bad". "Might could be" meaning that I'm not ruling it out.
So he doesn't see Golden as "bad" but more "disingenuous". That's fair. I actually read reywaS as neutral at this point in the timeline.

I also do not think Golden killed Epi, even after Golden announced this post:
Golden wrote:I can't really do much if anyone thinks the move was distasteful. Honestly, if you have a problem with me because I did it, and you want to vote for me for that reason, I'll understand.

I'm trying to play this game in the spirit of the game, which is to say, it is not a game that is civ vs baddies and I'm trying to play it for what it is.

I do not think epi being alive was in my best interests.

There is only so many times I can say this. If people are upset with me for it then I will take my punishment on the chin, be it a lynch or whatever. I've tried something out, obviously there are some people who are upset. It's like I said to JJ yesterday. From my end, there is no spite or malice intended. Epi has his methods and they are what they are, but in the past when I've been on the end of them I've come out worse off (admittedly in Death and Taxes it allowed me to sub back in and win, but golden 1.0 was worse off). I do think epi being alive was bad for my game, and I specifically wanted to show that in the absence of having a kill there are ways of fighting back. Epi said the feud needed to end and I agreed, so I set out to achieve that. There was no guarantee I would, but it is what I set out to do.

I also do think epi understands a game is a game and knows it isn't personal, but if epi needs an apology I'll freely give it. Epi is the kind of person I feel like, if we played Survivor together, when one of us made the move that beat the other we would turn around and say well played, and hold no grudges. I wouldn't do it to anyone that I didn't think would understand.

Golden v SVS: SportsCenter highlights of a semantics contest. SVS has nitpicked pieces of Golden's arguments over the course of the game as a telling sign of "non-civ" behavior. Golden has straight up defended her to the nose, and some would say beyond what would be deemed satisfactory.

My take: I feel like I have to look at someone's tone as a whole--find the theme of their journey-- to gauge their alignment right now in Day 2. There's not a lot of stats to garner info from. The ONLY person we know the alignment of (besides the general clan) is Bass. And we know we are down 2 sorcerers. That's it.

It's getting late and I tend not to post too many thorough reads all at once because I get brain-tied. So for now, I want to localize a few more people on my radar:
JJJ- I need to reread his posts, but several made me cough up my baby formula. (and I know you will ask about which ones, so give me a day and I'll wrangle them up)
SVS - some posts seem like she'll talk a big game over someone, and then she'll fade into the darkness.
(I wouldn't be surprised if JJJ and SVS are on the same recruiting team)
MetalMarsh - I get it, MM. You want people to think you're the Raven Messenger. What do you think the other secret positions indicate in that role's power, hmmm? Why trust a disembodied voice to vote for DH? We don't even know what the truth of the matter is, or how much that role knows.
G-Man - he seems just posty enough that wouldn't raise any flags, and is in just the right place to either be recruited or do the recruiting. I'd err on the side of recruitee. Voting can't make up his mind, and yet isn't pushing too many buttons. Also at some point voted blindly for TH based on the Raven's message.
DrWilgy - Super sweet to the ladies, and I hear buys people shots at bars. My good friend Matt used to do that, and now he's broke and living with his parents. Don't end up like Matt.
TurnipHead- The basis of the Raven message.
In order, the last 20 minutes of his posts tonight before the deadline:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Turnip Head, what are your thoughts?
I was thinking Bass was bad but his last few posts feel genuine to me. Not really feeling a Golden vote either. Idk.

10 minutes later:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted for Bass.
Turnip Head wrote:

It's insanity. lol
I think you did it.
You just said you didn't know who to vote for, and actually also said that you couldn't decide between Bass or Golden. Just an hour before that he said:
Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I never said he is playing like a baddie. I said he is not playing like civ-centric Golden. What if he decides I am incompatible with him? Or you? I am flabbergasted that anyone is actually defending this.

I believe that he killed Epi and is going for the WIFOM. And if Bass does not flip bad, I will wonder about the hard push for him at this point.
I agree he's not playing a civ-centric game, but I don't think he's playing a baddie game either. So in my mind that leaves neutral :P

He hasn't gone for the WIFOM though. He's playing the "I baited the NK" card, not the WIFOM card. I don't know... that would be ballsy as fuck if he killed Epi. And his attitude towards the whole thing has been truly bizarre. If he had the NK, I think Golden would have shut up a long time ago.
You're literally all over the place on your reads, and don't back them up. What's up with that, bro?

Aight, I'm out for the night. Hope to be more talkative over the next week at least!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm not gonna read that ever.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RIP Bass
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm not gonna read that ever.
Maybe we should spare you the trouble of reading things by hanging you.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Bye Bass. The Sorcerers don't have it easy, it seems.

I have pages to catch up with, but right off the bat I found something interesting in nutella's posts. I'll post it chronologically
nutella wrote:RIP Epi and Typh. I am like many others surprised and saddened to see Typh go so early and hope he gets a rez since he is quite a fun/intense player to have around. I somewhat agree with MP's assessment -- I would certainly not kill Typhoony so early, I would be hoping for the chance to end up on a team with him, but I wouldn't necessarily discount that someone else familiar with his gameplay could want to eliminate him early on.

Also, it's revealed that he was killed by the Brutal Executioner, and looking at that role we now know that Typh was a Sorceror. For what that's worth.
nutella wrote:My answer to Rico: Azura and the Pyromancer are both pretty scary, but the other 5 Sorcerors don't look so bad to me, and again the scariness of a role really depends on what team they end up on. I guess even if Azura kills again on Night 3 we can't rule that out because the kill would have passed to the recruit. And even if he wasn't Azura I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the first recruits to a baddie team. So yeah, you have a point that there would certainly be risk in rezzing Typh.
nutella wrote:Well I'm not particularly disappointed to lose the Magnetarch, was a dangerous role anyway. And I'm rather indifferent that he was unrecruited. Honestly I'd call this a relatively successful day 2 given the circumstances. It will be hard to find the actual baddies.

Think I'll go for Position 3.
So why the double standard between these two Sorcerers' deaths? And why suddenly find Magnetarch to have been dangerous, when previously it was deemed not so bad?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 1)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Stuff about Boomslang:
Boomslang wrote:Argh, I can't even comprehend the amount of posting that's going on here. Two big things stick out to me, and I want to confirm that I share the suspicions previously raised.
Golden wrote: But I certainly think epi and I are not going to be on the same side at any point in this game. Recruiters would be daft to recruit us both on to the same side at this point.
The "certainly" is certainly a key word. Because the only way you'd know that for certain would be to be a recruiter yourself. At this point, the low-level animosity you've already established would be perfect for shedding suspicion of teamwork over time. I think you're being far too rash to discount that possibility.

The second is the continued insistence of some players, most recently Roxy, that this is not a good vs. evil game. It's written right there in the rules: civvie groups 1 and 2, baddie groups 1 and 2. There are lynches by civs and NKs by baddies that happen regardless of position. This is very clear, and I don't see why anyone would deny it except to sow confusion.
I find baddies more likely to focus on minor semantics and basic surface-level content in their attempts to appear as though they're putting forth real effort. This post above is a potential example of that. Boomslang makes two points, both of which draw from the outermost layer of the Day 1 atmosphere and show little interest in deeper critical thinking.

1. "Golden can't know Epignosis is certainly not going to be on his team unless he's a recruiter."

Well, no kidding. Do you suppose Golden wasn't aware of this concept when he made that statement? This line of thinking essentially equates to Boomslang associating Golden with ignorance of recruitment mafia fundamentals -- something I find dubious.

2. "Players pushing the LMS agenda instead of the good vs. evil agenda are suspicious, because it's obvious that this is a good vs. evil game based on the content of host posts."

This is probably the single easiest accusation anyone can make in this game so far (and to be fair, Boomslang wasn't the only one making it). A discrepancy is noted between the theories promoted by some players and the dynamics described by the hosts -- and this discrepancy is immediately painted as a cause for suspicion. Again, this is a very basic assessment of something that really demands a more refined and thorough investigation. This asserts that baddies, particularly baddie recruiters, were deliberately pushing an agenda that conflicted directly with undeniable truths stated by the hosts -- something clearly counterproductive to anyone trying to avoid pressure. Such a baddie might as well broadcast to the thread: I want you to be suspicious of me right now and here's why.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”