Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 3)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Anyone else feel uncomfortable with this sudden move to Boomslang? The timing of it seems odd. Especially with everything going on with Golden.

Linkis galore. But yes, I wouldn't mind hearing some more from Boomslang in the meantime.
I'm not uncomfortable simply because there are so many players in this game. It's hard enough to get everyone moving in one or two coherent directions anyway, and a small wave of votes isn't too alarming as players try to coordinate (of all alignments, potentially).

Later in the game it might bother me more.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 2)

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:rey, it's true you've been focused on Golden and anything surrounding him, so... what are your thoughts on some others in the game? I won't restrict you by asking about certain players.
First off, I asked rey this question and he never answered it, from what I saw.

So, rey, especially seeing as though you've moved your vote to Golden, I'd appreciate an answer to this.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@ BWT, in addition to my prior post:

Especially because The Golden Problem has become a pretty clear dichotomy -- people who want him lynched and people who don't. It makes sense that this would eventually develop into two or three wagons (Golden and the counter).
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

You all didn't happen to take a whole bunch of drugs while I was away from the thread today did you? :P Everytime I look away this place gets weirder. Catching up (again) now!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:You all didn't happen to take a whole bunch of drugs while I was away from the thread today did you? :P Everytime I look away this place gets weirder. Catching up (again) now!
Indeed, I did try one today; it's called Crazy Cyan, you want some? Changes everything to cyan. Cool stuff.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Was the prior poll ever posted? I believe Golden has the lead right now if that is included, but I'm not certain. We need to be mindful of that as we consider our votes now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:@ BWT, in addition to my prior post:

Especially because The Golden Problem has become a pretty clear dichotomy -- people who want him lynched and people who don't. It makes sense that this would eventually develop into two or three wagons (Golden and the counter).

Fair enough. I was mostly just fishing to see what responses I would get, so that works.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MP, now that you've found your sanity again for the moment, could you restate that you do indeed want Golden lynched because of his self-vote? If that's the case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

I've been in class all day and still don't have time to post. My self vote was indeed a protest. And you all jumped on it predictably. Point made.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Boomslang wrote:I've been in class all day and still don't have time to post. My self vote was indeed a protest. And you all jumped on it predictably. Point made.
What was the point?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP, now that you've found your sanity again for the moment, could you restate that you do indeed want Golden lynched because of his self-vote? If that's the case.
Ah, well, I suppose I can elaborate now since I've accomplished what I've wanted to with it.

I don't really want Golden lynched; I never did. Heat on Golden started to die (relatively, it still was definitely there), and if I recall correctly, the vote between him and rey was about tied when I voted. With the state of the thread the way it was, after rey's breakdown as well, I wanted to change up the direction of that specific conversation (Golden v. rey). I wanted to see how everyone would react to me flipping 180 and I specifically wanted to draw attention to how ridiculous I think many of the points and votes against Golden really are. The crusade against him has absolutely become a "GOLDEN MUST BE LYNCHED" train that has flown off the rails, intent to derail many other trains, merely because players are afraid at letting a potentially baddie Golden slip away.

I still firmly believe Golden is neutral.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also think any votes that were justified by Golden self-voting were incredibly weak. Bullsuit even.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lastly (sorry for three posts on the same topic), I think that anyone who feels as though they must lynch Golden in order for this game to move on needs to avoid such dangerous thinking. It's that kind of tunnel vision, particularly from civilians, that mafia can easily take advantage of, and I've seen it derail many lynches in past games (even my own, since I'm an easy target for this -- think back to Homestar Runner where the baddies took advantage of tremendous heat on me much like it's been on Golden here; eventually, I broke down completely, self-voted, and was lynched, but only after Days of people constantly discussing me and unwilling to ever consider that they were wrong about me).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP, now that you've found your sanity again for the moment, could you restate that you do indeed want Golden lynched because of his self-vote? If that's the case.
Ah, well, I suppose I can elaborate now since I've accomplished what I've wanted to with it.

I don't really want Golden lynched; I never did. Heat on Golden started to die (relatively, it still was definitely there), and if I recall correctly, the vote between him and rey was about tied when I voted. With the state of the thread the way it was, after rey's breakdown as well, I wanted to change up the direction of that specific conversation (Golden v. rey). I wanted to see how everyone would react to me flipping 180 and I specifically wanted to draw attention to how ridiculous I think many of the points and votes against Golden really are. The crusade against him has absolutely become a "GOLDEN MUST BE LYNCHED" train that has flown off the rails, intent to derail many other trains, merely because players are afraid at letting a potentially baddie Golden slip away.

I agree with all of that. Why'd you say I like crazy theories? :pout:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I agree with all of that. Why'd you say I like crazy theories? :pout:
Was just rolling with the fact that you said I was bad, so I lumped you in there. :P
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Was just rolling with the fact that you said I was bad, so I lumped you in there. :P
Yeah I was just playing the part of Epignosis for a moment to see what you'd do. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Was just rolling with the fact that you said I was bad, so I lumped you in there. :P
Yeah I was just playing the part of Epignosis for a moment to see what you'd do. ;)
I did think it was odd when you said "You're bad". I was thinking, I don't think I've ever seen Jay make such a definitive statement about someone being mafia. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was FLOORED when my initial vote post received no attention, so that's why I ramped up the crazy so much.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So, MP. If not Golden, who're you thinking? I've spent too much time this phase defending Golden's honor (so've you). Help me decide who should die instead. Obviously Boomslang was my prior inclination. He just made a post. Does that post make you feel anything?

It makes me feel a very small something. Indignant neutral? Hmmm...

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Black Rock »

this topic is locked
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Locked)

Post by Black Rock »

Night will start at 10pm EST. Day will be resolved shortly after that.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 108
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 3 Lynch)

Post by Long Con »

The Value of A Soul

"It is time."

Azura Nokomis swept a hand toward a flat obsidian triangle that hung suspended in the air before her and the hooded acolytes that flanked her. A scene appeared before them, a crowd had taken to the streets, shouting in anger. Their focus was on a Golden man who bore the mark of the Brotherhood of the Ancient Eye. His hands were bound behind him, and he was being pushed and kicked toward the centre of town.

"Your enchantment seems to be working, Mistress," intoned one acolyte with sadistic glee. "The people are enraged beyond reason!"

"They are indeed, K'chel," Azura nodded, smiling as she enjoyed the scene before them. "And the Golden one's soul is all I need to raise a Chuddekon..." her eyes narrowed, and she turned to look at each of them in turn.

"...and the Sorcerers of the Elements will unleash terror on this crumbling realm!"

Golden gritted his teeth and stared straight ahead as the mob strung a makeshift noose around his neck and tossed the rope across a high lamppost.

"Any last words?" spat an angry man, a blacksmith, by the look of him.

Golden glared at him. "I've said everything I have to say. You fools are too bloodthirsty to listen!"

"Damn right we are!" cried a crazed midwife, and she yanked hard on the rope, choking Golden and making him stumble backward. The mob surged forward, eager for the lynch. Several of them pulled hard on the rope, lifting Golden off his feet to writhe dangling in the air until he was still.

The clamorous din died off almost immediately. Many took stock of where they were and what they had done, and looked around uncomfortably, clearing the square and going home to think about what they had just been involved in, until Golden's body was alone, swinging gently in the moonlight.

Azura stood before a dark pit, deep in the bowels of the mountain, her chanting growing to a crescendo. When she had finished the spell, a golden, wispy form descended through the ceiling and into the pit, and a low growl emanated forth, and Azura could see a pair of glowing golden eyes from deep within the darkness.

She shuddered in excited ecstasy, and threw a hand forward, fingers splayed. "The Chuddekon is born!"

Golden has been lynched. He was the Wielder of Lightning, and unrecruited.

It is now Night 3.
Long Con
So Divine

Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 3 End)

Post by Long Con »

Quietude

Night passed quickly, and none could take action.

It is now Day 4. Position 2 is active. Please vote for someone to lynch.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 4)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bummer man.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm sorry you died Golden. :hug:

I'm sorry to Thunder too.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Poll please. *stomping the ground angrily* I'm sorta mad this happened.

*puts his arms together and makes a pouty face*
RIP Golden, I tried.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

DrWilgy wrote:Poll please. *stomping the ground angrily* I'm sorta mad this happened.

*puts his arms together and makes a pouty face*
RIP Golden, I tried.
Dude, it's at the top of the page... it was there before I unlocked the thread.
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Wow. What a surprise. I'm totally shocked there.

RIP Golden
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And on that note, I'm going to bed. I'll be around Friday night some possibly. If not then, for sure early Saturday.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Wow. Sorry Golden :(
If the thread weren't locked maybe I would have put my vote on Boom.

Well.

Supreme Judge didn't waste any time.

Looks like the Pyromancer just immolated Golden?? to raise...something with the help of Azura? I'm actually confused as to what that thing is.

My next question is- I know we were going to get to position 2 eventually, but was that a host decision or did Supreme Judge driveby vote for pos 2 and lock it?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm caught up with poll-saving, so I'm going to post them in the thread now, and link to them in the first page... and from now on, ideally, they will be posted and linked as soon as they are taken down.

We lost the Day 2 Lynch Poll, sorry about that.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Sorry to see you go, Golden. :( See you next game.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

RIP Golden.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTEST!!!!

I love you more than words can say :D
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:I know we were going to get to position 2 eventually, but was that a host decision or did Supreme Judge driveby vote for pos 2 and lock it?
Officially, the Night 3 Position Poll ended in a tie, and was decided randomly.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Dom »

:/

I need to think a bit more.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wilgy clads himself in armor. The sun shines off his helmet blinding the crowd as he grabs his sword and shield. A cloud covers the sun and the reflection dissipates. The crowd can now see that Wilgy's sword and shield are both Golden*

Bring it on. Sorsha, I've had abit to drink tonight. Why don't you join me and tell me who framed Roger Rabit (Golden)?

Vote registered for Sorsha
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Damn... Someone broke [/ot]
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I swear to god it wasn't me
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm actually really sad Golden died guys. I get emotional with booze.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

...guys and gals. I'm not sexist.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MM and Unfurl. I miss you. Help me out and vot Sorsha
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

*vote
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

Wow, DrWilgy being a sock is confsing the heck out of me.

Rezz please!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:...guys and gals. I'm not sexist.
iThis is why y'all is a really, really useful word. I've long used it here and there, but living in Texas the past couple of years, I truly came to appreciate it in all it's beauty--also, it's like a germ that grabs on and doesn't go away and it creeps into your vocabulary. But really, it's a useful word. I recommend it.

And why Sorsha?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Even I started using y'all after hanging around online with too many Texans.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Yes plz. Rez this glorious Golden god. Heheheheheheheh

I sould try to explain later. As the night carries on so does my drinking.
Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I honestly think that everyone playing this game should take a second and wish Black Rock a happy birthday.

She chose to spend her birthday hosting us with her hubby rather than making him do something else.

dead or alive - it's east coast Black Rock's birthday!!!

after that, I'm willing to jump back into the game.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Happy birthday Black Rock!!!

Return to “Previous Jobs”