Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 4)

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'M NOT. Baddies can.
Do you think MM was trying to legitimize his suspicion against you? It seemed to me he was doing the opposite.
I don't know what he was doing.
Frankly, I don't either. :goofp:
lmmfao!
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 4)

Post by Roxy »

DharmaHelper wrote:*casually continues to pretend my shit dont stink*
:haha: :haha: :haha:
;)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

It feels so good to be back. Roxy what a great song to start this Sunday morning off.
It sucks to loss someone that had zero votes . I think Rico might be right about Uzbarack being the one who switched the Lynch .
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Long Con wrote:unfurl has been lynched. She was the Technohacker, and unrecruited.
Fuckity, fuck, fuck, fuckers!

I now need a break bc this lynch with no votes just pushed me over the edge of pissed off-ed-ness.

those easily voting for position 4 - I see what you are doing ;) me no likey.

Linky - yes it is a great song on a Sunday morning - your old Ma has great musical taste amirite?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, seriously, drop the fucking shit. Either play this game right or ask to be replaced or modkilled. Straight shoot me a reason you don't trust me. Right now.
Play this game right? What does that mean?

I've tried playing the game your way. I can't do it. Even if I could do it succesfully, I'd get lynched for not being myself. Recall the "it's just MP being crazy, so that's normal" excuse Devin gave for defending you? It's kinda like that.

Why don't you convince mafia to nightkill me or something instead?
It means actually play the game of mafia. It's Day 4 and you say you have no suspects. Get out of here.

Your over the top reaction to a couple of votes is quite illuminating. Why so emo over a couple of votes?
You are being mean to MM when you tell him to "actually play the game" and "Get out of here".

This is what I meant last time - it is toxic and no fun to read and unfortunately I play for fun MP not this.
I finished reading this part oif the thread and now Know neither had voted you - still this major reaction. I don't understand it at all. :stare:
;)
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Voted position four I'm not a fan of consequences no matter how mild they are. Plus I can't be targeted tonight so there is that to.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Unfurl strikes me as a really weird choice for a lynch switch. I'm not sure what to think about the implications. I also have to ponder on whether I'm willing to risk mild consequences to avoid the dangers of position 4.
Roxy wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Have already mentioned my issues with this point but I will also say I'm interested in how you will defend it. You've literally gone from accusing people of cliquey exclusionary behaviour to making a very cliquey post yourself. Dom's sarcasm had a decent point, if you want to argue that there are certain players more likely to have been given recruiter roles, you're definitely in that category.
Like I tried to explain up there - that is not what I am saying at all.
I do not think the Hosts cherry picked roles. But I also do not think that they would be so unfair as to say put Bubbles as recruiter being so new to mafia and never having played a game like this before. Not that they wouldn't put say DP or someone else like that who has played a recruitment game. Understand?

still sounds elitist. fuck it. I stand by my thoughts on fairness to newbs. maybe I think way overboard where they are concerned I think it is the mom in me.
Hmm... Okay. I get what you meant now but... I mean I haven't played a recruitment game either so does that rule me out or do my four(?) years of playing other games make up for it? I do see what you're saying more clearly but I don't think I agree. If it were Bubbles' first game ever, then perhaps I could see BR thinking a recruiter role might make things too confusing but even then this isn't rocket science. Sure you get the odd Mr F announcing how many PMs he's had on day 1 but most new people pick the game up pretty quickly IMO. By my 4th game I was being NKed for naming an entire baddie team in my suspicion list and I'm not special.
Scotty wrote:Wait wat? It almost feels like everything we looked at today didn't matter. fuckin Umbridge or whomever futzed with the votes.
TinyBubbles wrote:RIP unfurl ? and i am confused, why did unfurl get lynched and not me,according to the poll i got the most votes...?? if by some miracle im still alive i will be happy to address any questions! somewhat caught up and have time today
I think some baddies had other ideas tonight. unfurl literally had 0 votes in the poll, so someone must have really wanted to save you.

Speaking of, how nice to you to drop in moments after you aren't lynched after having been gone for 3/4 of Day 4!

:suspish:
Wanted to save her or wanted her to look saved? If a teammate were trying to save Bubbles, IMO the best thing they could've done would be to switch the lynch to Sorsha (or vice versa) so it'd look like votes were manipulated rather than the lynch itself. Switching to Unfurl just causes confusion. The timing of Bubbles' reappearance is convenient though, I'll grant you.
aapje wrote:Checking in, I don't have time to read 10 pages so I kept it to the host posts and did a search on my name.

I saw some people called me out for not hunting any baddies yet and claiming I said I would have started by now. Here is the relevant quote.
aapje wrote:I will likely start hunting some baddies after the weekend, or maybe on Friday if I have time then
Turns out the time I did have on Friday was fully spent catching up with the thread.

Other people have mentioned me voting DP again. The reason for that vote is twofold.
1. I really really really hate the way he plays this game. The reason why I pick him out of all the less active players is because he has been doing this for years now and it annoys me to no end.
2. I didn't have time to properly read up on the main suspects and I'd rather not blindly jump on a bandwagon.

I've overestimated the time I would have available to spend on this game and I've underestimated the time needed to just keep up with it. Now I'd love to be able to say I'll catch up on Monday but with the speed this game is going I don't think I can even make that promise. If I keep being unable to keep up with the thread I will ask for a replacement because I don't think it's fair for the active players to have to play with someone who is barely here at all. Also it would make me a massive hypocrite for hating on DP as much as I do.
I can relate to struggling to keep up - I turn away for a few hours and end up way behind. It'd be a shame if you were to ask for replacement though. We're pushing 100 pages already so I don't think a replacing player would have much more luck than you!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

For unfurl bc I <3 her

;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote: Further uestion to everyone: If Ubzarg did this, do you think or find it more likely that a) Bubbles is part of the team and he openly saved her or b) the situation didn't put himself or his teammates in any danger and he just performed the switch for sport and chaos, just like he locked the thread at a two-way tie point?

If b), do you think him and his teammates still tried to blend in during the Day and hunt or even vote for the main wagons or did they wander off, bringing out other ideas or suspects, sidelining etc.? If Uzbark's action is clear nonchalance, how can we profile him within the thread - or his teammates for that matter, how would they have behaved, knowing they'll totally manipulate the lynch?

Can we get an angle out of this? Not sure, but it makes me wonder.

Azura's power would mean that the only way unfurl would get Azura's votes and get lynched would be if Azura had gotten the most votes (hence being in lynch position). That would mean Azura is TinyBubbles. :huh:
I think Ubzarg would use his power regardless of anything else, since he gets to use it every Position 2, why not? Unfortunately, that gives us zero information. Of course the other possibilities are still out there, but for those to matter, we would have to answer: why would Ubzarg NOT use his power?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote: Further uestion to everyone: If Ubzarg did this, do you think or find it more likely that a) Bubbles is part of the team and he openly saved her or b) the situation didn't put himself or his teammates in any danger and he just performed the switch for sport and chaos, just like he locked the thread at a two-way tie point?

If b), do you think him and his teammates still tried to blend in during the Day and hunt or even vote for the main wagons or did they wander off, bringing out other ideas or suspects, sidelining etc.? If Uzbark's action is clear nonchalance, how can we profile him within the thread - or his teammates for that matter, how would they have behaved, knowing they'll totally manipulate the lynch?

Azura's power would mean that the only way unfurl would get Azura's votes and get lynched would be if Azura had gotten the most votes (hence being in lynch position). That would mean Azura is TinyBubbles. :huh:
I think Ubzarg would use his power regardless of anything else, since he gets to use it every Position 2, why not? Unfortunately, that gives us zero information. Of course the other possibilities are still out there, but for those to matter, we would have to answer: why would Ubzarg NOT use his power?
Exactly there is no down side of he uses it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Wow that was quite the crazy catch up. Sorry to see you go Unfurl, you always add a genteelness to games. I am not sorry I missed last night; the tone in here makes me sad. We have people telling other people that they refuse to talk to them anymore, and "do as I do or else" kind of posts. I am disappoint BUT I am also glad it was not me doing any of those things as we all know I have done in the past :blush: So no judgment, just hoping everyone feels happier after a relaxing night (and doing the happy dance that it was NOT ME :workit:
thellama73 wrote:

Yeah, Uzburger could have been one those who suspected Unfurl, or he could have had Bubbles on his team, or he could have been trying to frame one of the people who suspected Unfurl, or he could have just done it for random lulz, as you say, becasue he can.

I have to agree with LoRab on the Night Poll, as little as i want to see the Poison enter the game. Mild consequnces tonight, medium consequences tomorrow night, severe consequences the night after, horrendous consequences the night after that. I know & respect BR & LC~ they don't fuck around. So I am and voting for 4.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

We need to keep this in mind for future Position 2 lynches. The person we vote for will almost certainly not be the person who dies. That is scary.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Bullzeye wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Have already mentioned my issues with this point but I will also say I'm interested in how you will defend it. You've literally gone from accusing people of cliquey exclusionary behaviour to making a very cliquey post yourself. Dom's sarcasm had a decent point, if you want to argue that there are certain players more likely to have been given recruiter roles, you're definitely in that category.
Like I tried to explain up there - that is not what I am saying at all.
I do not think the Hosts cherry picked roles. But I also do not think that they would be so unfair as to say put Bubbles as recruiter being so new to mafia and never having played a game like this before. Not that they wouldn't put say DP or someone else like that who has played a recruitment game. Understand?

still sounds elitist. fuck it. I stand by my thoughts on fairness to newbs. maybe I think way overboard where they are concerned I think it is the mom in me.
Hmm... Okay. I get what you meant now but... I mean I haven't played a recruitment game either so does that rule me out or do my four(?) years of playing other games make up for it? I do see what you're saying more clearly but I don't think I agree. If it were Bubbles' first game ever, then perhaps I could see BR thinking a recruiter role might make things too confusing but even then this isn't rocket science. Sure you get the odd Mr F announcing how many PMs he's had on day 1 but most new people pick the game up pretty quickly IMO. By my 4th game I was being NKed for naming an entire baddie team in my suspicion list and I'm not special.
No I would not put you in the same category as Bubbles.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am really scared of 4.
I am scared of Black Rock.

I still do not want to vote for 4.
;)
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote: Yeah, Uzburger could have been one those who suspected Unfurl, or he could have had Bubbles on his team, or he could have been trying to frame one of the people who suspected Unfurl, or he could have just done it for random lulz, as you say, becasue he can.
Whether or not a Bubbles save was involved, I think it's definitely an attempt to frame either someone Unfurl suspected or someone who suspected her. I don't see why else anyone would've switched to Unfurl of all people rather than someone making a big impact.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Here is a list of the games TinyBubbles has payed on the Syndicate:
Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Can we stop saying she's "new to mafia"?

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:Here is a list of the games TinyBubbles has payed on the Syndicate:
Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

I take it by "we" you mean "Roxy"?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Here is a list of the games TinyBubbles has payed on the Syndicate:
Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Sure, and whoever else.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:MM, seriously, drop the fucking shit. Either play this game right or ask to be replaced or modkilled. Straight shoot me a reason you don't trust me. Right now.

I've tried playing the game your way. I can't do it. Even if I could do it succesfully, I'd get lynched for not being myself. Recall the "it's just MP being crazy, so that's normal" excuse Devin gave for defending you? It's kinda like that.

It means actually play the game of mafia. It's Day 4 and you say you have no suspects. Get out of here.

Your over the top reaction to a couple of votes is quite illuminating. Why so emo over a couple of votes?
You are being mean to MM when you tell him to "actually play the game" and "Get out of here".

This is what I meant last time - it is toxic and no fun to read and unfortunately I play for fun MP not this.
I finished reading this part oif the thread and now Know neither had voted you - still this major reaction. I don't understand it at all. :stare:
I did vote for MP though. But seeing the lynch switched to a player with no votes implies that it doesn't even matter. I've seen lynch switches before, but I thought the player being switched to had to have at least one vote.

BRaLC, can a lynch be switched to a player with no votes?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Even though llama is new to mafia I don't think we should give him a free pass.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Boomslang »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, what do you make of Boomslang's attempts to hunt today more heavily compared with previously?
I wanted to be inspired, but he seemed to focus primarily on people who either aren't posting much right now or never were posting much. It's still very easy content to throw into the thread when the feeling of need for content is there.
And tell me, why is bringing attention to people who are slipping past attention a bad thing? You want to play logic? The "very easy content" descriptor is classic "No true Scottsman." I contribute, making points that need to be made, and you're saying effectively that it's "not true content." You're tunneling something fierce, and it grinds my gears.

Anyway, voting position 4. I'd prefer to run the cycle and deal with the negative powers we know than deal with unknown consequences.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Even though llama is new to mafia I don't think we should give him a free pass.
How new is llama to mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Wow, I did not play many of those, but I played a couple (and modded several) and I don't remember her at all, really. I thought this was the first game I had played with her. I am so embarassed :sigh:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

If the consequences are only punitive for not choosing position 4 to wrap up the first rotation, then I can vote position 4 in order to evade the consequences.

If all positions will have mild consequences starting with their second rotation, then I find it less relevant, because we'll face the consequences eventually just like we said we'll face the nastier positions eventually. In which case, if I don't like the prospect of position 4 instead of the other two (and I can't say I do), I'll probably vote for one of the others. I wasn't a fan of the notable effects from either position 1 (the way the lottery-style early end of Day happened) and position 5 (on a personal level), so it'll still be a hard choice.

But this thing about consequences being permanent or just for this Night needs some confirmation first.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

RIP me
Golden wrote:I am still dead.
:hugs:
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

Roxy wrote:For unfurl bc I <3 her

:hugs: Thanks Roxy, Im listening now
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Wow, I did not play many of those, but I played a couple (and modded several) and I don't remember her at all, really. I thought this was the first game I had played with her. I am so embarassed :sigh:
I feel like I should know a little more about her since I have played every single one of those games with her (plus another game on a different site that Heiots hosted). :sigh: I've also forgotten how long she has been around.

BoB was the only one that stands out to me, because we both lasted a while in that game, and I remember defending TinyBubbles' playstyle when she was lynched. I haven't paid her enough attention in this game to notice any patterns though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I didn't last long in Omerta and I don't remember anything from Bubbles.

In Watchmen, she replaced Bass and then needed to be replaced herself. Literally no gaming content, except for a great post, in between these stages.

That's the only feedback I have.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Omerta was a fun game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Rip unfurl.

Like everyone else, I'm trying to figure out if I fear poison or "mild conciquences" more.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Wow. Srsly? I only played 2 of those games plus this one. I had no idea she had that many games under her belt. I better have a second look at the case against her now knowing this info.

Omerta was a blast tbh.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Recruitment 4
Angry Birds
Frisky Dingo
Bullets Over Broadway
Watchmen
Death and Taxes
Omtera

Sure, and whoever else.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I did vote for MP though. But seeing the lynch switched to a player with no votes implies that it doesn't even matter. I've seen lynch switches before, but I thought the player being switched to had to have at least one vote.

BRaLC, can a lynch be switched to a player with no votes?

Depends on the Hosts I think bc sometimes I say they have to have a vote and sometimes I don't with games I have hosted.
Interested in their response.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Jay, what do you make of Boomslang's attempts to hunt today more heavily compared with previously?
I wanted to be inspired, but he seemed to focus primarily on people who either aren't posting much right now or never were posting much. It's still very easy content to throw into the thread when the feeling of need for content is there.
And tell me, why is bringing attention to people who are slipping past attention a bad thing? You want to play logic? The "very easy content" descriptor is classic "No true Scottsman." I contribute, making points that need to be made, and you're saying effectively that it's "not true content." You're tunneling something fierce, and it grinds my gears.

Anyway, voting position 4. I'd prefer to run the cycle and deal with the negative powers we know than deal with unknown consequences.

I am ignoring his case bc now it is sounding more like what he was saying about Bass. He asked for content then disapproves of the content given. yah not following JJJ on another Neutral lynch.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 357
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

A Note from the Desk of Sockface:

I'm really sorry for making this game un-fun for any of you, and for causing drama. I'm not a drama kind of guy at all, so I don't understand why I have such a hard time here, and I thought I would be able to control myself better to not explode on players, especially after I already did it once. Apparently I overestimated myself. I feel terrible about it. I don't want to affect anyone else's fun negatively this game, so I'm: (1) not sure when I'll be back to the thread, (2) going to not respond directly to any accusations unless a player has a specific inquiry for me they really want addressed, and (3) just going to take it easy for a while and force myself to re-focus on my studies, so I'll not be around as much.

In all honesty I just don't have the time to play mafia games anymore... but I love the game so much, you guys are literally almost the entirety of my social interactions, and you all are a really solid group of wonderful people (wow, this sounds like one of those "I'm drunk and did something terrible last night and I'm sorry" things, doesn't it?) :haha:. And when I do play, I have a hard time playing half-assed, so I end up spending way more time on playing than I have available especially with all this work, and then I get mad easily when all my mafiaing is easily denounced, and feel like I wasted my time, since I spend almost literally all of my free time posting. I'm also realizing that I cannot emotionally handle any "you're lying!" accusations right now, they really are cutting me deep.

It's clear that I just need to finally follow through on a long mafia break. I thought the same thing multiple times before, especially after I subbed out of a game here early in the summer, but I keep getting sucked back in (and rightfully so), originally by playing games at RYM with those folks and loving it, and then later again due to Watchmen because of the awesome setup, etc. I just can't do it anymore though. I guess I should have subbed out here, but I just couldn't sub out of such an amazing game. Props to LC and BR.

What I'm really going to do is just calm down and take a different approach. Be back whenever.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And goodbye unfurl. Guess my suspicion was misguided.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If you think my play makes me mafia or even neutral and you all just want to get rid of me, then whatever, I can't stop you from placing your votes however you like. But I can try my best.
WOAH WOAH WOAH
AGAIN WITH THE NO U
Dom, I just wanted to say that this was not a NO U. I'm not sure how you read it. But I was saying if you all want to vote me off that's fine, since I can't technically stop you, but I can try my best to convince you I shouldn't die (i.e., I'm not mafia).
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't feel like dealing with this game right now, but I'll be back later. I just want to say that Dom is suspicious.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

For pointing out a logical fallacy, Boomslang scores +5 points in my Book of Points.

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Studying Dom and SVS currently... I'll report back as soon as I can.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

Just did a MONSTER catch up. Most of it was nastiness and drama, so I hella skimmed.
TinyBubbles wrote:RIP unfurl ? and i am confused, why did unfurl get lynched and not me,according to the poll i got the most votes...?? if by some miracle im still alive i will be happy to address any questions! somewhat caught up and have time today
Lulz.There's loads of questions/comments/suspicions about you littered throughout the past few days. Go read. Find them. Answer them. Respond to them. Stop trying to make everyone bring the game to you.

BUT! Because I am a very kind and accommodating person, here is a question for you:
Why is your innocent act so unconvincing?
Are we expected to believe that, even though you are "somewhat caught up" you are nonetheless baffled by the possibility of a lynch result being manipulated? Even with the plethora of vote manip powers and secrets floating around this game?
How do you feel about Roxy's attempt to absolve you/cover for you by suggesting that the hosts wouldn't trust you with a Big Role?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Look guys, I'm sorry, but I think it's completely unfair to throw out a baseless accusation at this stage of the game. Why even bother playing the game? If some players are just going to sit back and not even play it, then it ruins the game for the players who actually do play. Mafia is a game where you either are a civilian and try to baddie hunt, or you're mafia and try to act like a civilian. If I invest hours upon hours of my free time, of which I barely have any (it practically almost all goes to this game), and then some of the players don't even play the game by not posting or by posting a bunch of fluff and not issuing any opinions, then I won't play. It's clear I need a break from mafia, because I'm stressed out enough RL with the PhD as it is, and I've become testier in games over the past year as a result. I apologize for that. But you can understand why I'd get upset investing time into ISOing Devin's posts only to have it immediately denounced by two players as if I have underhanded intentions, with accusations that are impossible for me to defend against at that.

At least you've given me a reason now, MM, and I will next post a response to that post and the other two Roxy posts I wanted to respond to.
Approximately 50% of the players in this game are neutral though.
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Look guys, I'm sorry, but I think it's completely unfair to throw out a baseless accusation at this stage of the game. Why even bother playing the game? If some players are just going to sit back and not even play it, then it ruins the game for the players who actually do play. Mafia is a game where you either are a civilian and try to baddie hunt, or you're mafia and try to act like a civilian. If I invest hours upon hours of my free time, of which I barely have any (it practically almost all goes to this game), and then some of the players don't even play the game by not posting or by posting a bunch of fluff and not issuing any opinions, then I won't play. It's clear I need a break from mafia, because I'm stressed out enough RL with the PhD as it is, and I've become testier in games over the past year as a result. I apologize for that. But you can understand why I'd get upset investing time into ISOing Devin's posts only to have it immediately denounced by two players as if I have underhanded intentions, with accusations that are impossible for me to defend against at that.

At least you've given me a reason now, MM, and I will next post a response to that post and the other two Roxy posts I wanted to respond to.
I understand where you're coming from and I have shared your frustration from time to time, but two things:
1) Gut reads are a legitimate strategy, even if you prefer well constructed cases. It doesn't mean those players are playing wrong.
2) This game is unique in that there are not just two options - mafia and civilian - but there are also neutral players. That changes things, and makes everything more complex. Is a neutral supposed to baddie hunt, or try to get recruited by the team they think is winning, or just try to survive, or what? I think there's an ambiguity there.
I understand this game is different; I've even admitted that and espoused a similar viewpoint. I realize there are still neutrals.

Gut reads are legitimate, sure, but there is always a reason that someone thinks anything, even if that reason is driven by something largely emotional in nature -- emotions and reason aren't mutually exclusive.

Good question regarding the neutral, but the problem is that it leaves a convenient option for a mafia member to appear like a neutral, refuse to commit to anything for the first few cycles, then eventually stepping up. Meanwhile, plenty of other players have been lynched/NKed. So I think it's good to keep a healthy skepticism toward the players who are refusing to commit to any hunting, especially now that it's Day 4.
Helllllooooooooo, Martha Nussbaum!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I will not stand and just sit here while people try to pull bullsuit accusations and votes on me again. I will address points if points are made. I cannot address "I don't trust you".
I cannot stop laughing about this for some reason....
hehehehheheheheheheheee
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Gah I'm still torn. It seems like a good idea to complete the cycle rather than deal with the consequences for prematurely repeating a position, but position 4 is quite scary. Then again all the positions have unfortunate consequences. 1 has that early day-end, "mind control", and a seemer, among other things. 5 has force votes, immolation, "power corruption", punisher... All in all I'm starting to think that all the positions are pretty fairly balanced and it's kind of not fair to the hosts if we don't give them all an opportunity in good time. I'm certainly still concerned about the poison, but I'm also concerned about unknown consequences. Going with position 4 for now.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I just wanted to say that I've changed my mind and asked to be replaced, despite how amazing this game really is, and how long I've been looking forward to it. I will continue playing if LC and BR don't have a replacement or there's someone else who actually needs the replacement (I'd rather give it to someone else before myself), but otherwise it's clearly best if I deal with my own stress outside of the thread and find a new less emotionally stressful hobby for the current duration and for the foreseeable future while I juggle teaching for the first time, my PhD class workload, and trying to figure out my dissertation, among other things. I hope all of you will understand. I apologize again for my behavior not only in this game that was distinctly un-fun, but for anything I've done to make anyone else's game un-fun in previous games.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Canucklehead wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I will not stand and just sit here while people try to pull bullsuit accusations and votes on me again. I will address points if points are made. I cannot address "I don't trust you".
I cannot stop laughing about this for some reason....
hehehehheheheheheheheee
Wowzers. This is NOT the quote I quoted..... Something got messed up in the posting process....I meant to be laughing at llama's comments about hanging by one's ankles, NOT at MP's frustration. Gah. Sorry, MP. I honestly didn't mean to be laughing at you AT ALL!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

:yay: Meanwhile :yay:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I just wanted to say that I've changed my mind and asked to be replaced, despite how amazing this game really is, and how long I've been looking forward to it. I will continue playing if LC and BR don't have a replacement or there's someone else who actually needs the replacement (I'd rather give it to someone else before myself), but otherwise it's clearly best if I deal with my own stress outside of the thread and find a new less emotionally stressful hobby for the current duration and for the foreseeable future while I juggle teaching for the first time, my PhD class workload, and trying to figure out my dissertation, among other things. I hope all of you will understand. I apologize again for my behavior not only in this game that was distinctly un-fun, but for anything I've done to make anyone else's game un-fun in previous games.
Can I reserve a spot for dead subbing your role, in case I die? :nicenod:

I'm sorry to see such moments occuring and would hate for them to cause any real departure from you, but I'm also entirely sympathetic to your idea of re-balancing RL stuff with how much you can dedicate here. It is exactly what I'll need to do myself probably starting next month, probably after this game and maybe Syndicate Mafia (because I am genuinely psyched for that one, so I don't see myself being able to take time out earlier than that).
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Scotty wrote:I voted position 1 again. I don't know what consequences mean, but I feel better taking my chances over
-Poison (slow and painful death)
-Curse (I watch those ghost documentaries on History Channel and I'd rather not be cursed thank you)
-? (Question mark)
-Chaos Curse (stop it with these curses man)
-Seemer (because fuck that. Also side note: Did you know Johnny Depp was named Mah-Woo-Meh by a Native American chief after his work on Lone Ranger, which literally translates to "Shape Shifter"
-Restart night (I don't like this or the position 5 for Supreme Judge. I feel like it would make this game drag evvveeennn longer than it needs to.
Except that position 1 also has a seemer. Or is the other seemer role just not on your team?
Ricochet wrote: If your next reply to me will remain unanswered, consider it that I've considered it pointless to keep talking to you on these matters.
So, to interpret your response in your own style, what I'm understanding is,

"I don't like the way you play and I don't get you, so I'm not talking to you any more or taking anything you say as a legitimate post."

or, maybe

"I'm just going to assess all of your posting in ways that completely delegitimize anything that you say."

Also, interesting that you tried to get what I was saying, but didn't respond to any of it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Decided to vote for option one because I ain't afraid of no mild consequences.

Return to “Previous Jobs”