57%

Total votes: 7
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 2}

Post by Kate »

The only way this is possible is if I rexeived bad info.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Matahari »

bad info? whos dumping now? lmao
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by insertnamehere »

NOTICE:

The night will end tomorrow morning, around 9-10 AM CST, so get your PM's in early!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Snow Dog »

Well...glad i didn't vote for him now. Will miss you Nev but perhaps you will be back.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:bad info? whos dumping now? lmao
Sorry I'm on far too much meda to posr. Ill come back later
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think this necessarily means bad Kate. I think of it as "Zombies Syndrome" with her. She can be very, very sure of herself.

RIP Nevin
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

RIP Nev.

I am not sure about anyone anymore.

Tbh I am glad Nev put a vote on Kate just in case.

So it's just Snow Dog and me without votes? I am good with that.
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Post by thellama73 »

RIP Nevinera.

I totally called the role, though.
I think we have to lynch Kate tomorrow. It is possible that she is innocent, but if not and we let her off we will never be able to forgive ourselves.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And I want to interview the One Armed Man because that guy is awesome.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:RIP Nevinera.

I think we have to lynch Kate tomorrow. It is possible that she is innocent, but if not and we let her off we will never be able to forgive ourselves.
I get what you are saying. But it worries me. Would she play a baddie role so bad as to leave herself open like this? More likely she convinced herself she was right and convinced us too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This is possibly the most uncivvielike thing I have ever heard.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:

I get what you are saying. But it worries me. Would she play a baddie role so bad as to leave herself open like this? More likely she convinced herself she was right and convinced us too.
Yes, I share that worry. But others have aid that she has done this before as a baddie and I would hate to give her a pass only to later find out she was bad and we missed our chance. I agree that we should not be hasty, though. If there is a night kill, we will have to go for either you or Roxy instead.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:

This is possibly the most uncivvielike thing I have ever heard.
I don't understand these types of comment. He is being himself wheter civ or not.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

If we were to go around lynching potential civvies every time they made a mistake, the baddies would win every game.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Yes, I share that worry. But others have aid that she has done this before as a baddie and I would hate to give her a pass only to later find out she was bad and we missed our chance. I agree that we should not be hasty, though. If there is a night kill, we will have to go for either you or Roxy instead.
Let's hope there is no night kill then.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Making a mistake is one thing. Launching a full on "I am certain" campaign against a civvie is another.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:If we were to go around lynching potential civvies every time they made a mistake, the baddies would win every game.
Made a mistake? She was pretty adamant and forceful in her certainty. A huge clanger more than a mistake.

Linki with llama
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lets/lynch someone even if they may not be bad basically forrevenge does not sound like something a civvie wouuld say.

This Is my opinion Snow, no need to agree or not, I just have problems reconciling this with a potential civ alignment.

Linkiyeah she was. Thts why I think she's a civ.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, it's not the first time SVS and I have had a difference of opinion, and something tells me it won't be the last :D

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:Lets/lynch someone even if they may not be bad basically forrevenge does not sound like something a civvie wouuld say.

This Is my opinion Snow, no need to agree or not, I just have problems reconciling this with a potential civ alignment.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. But I don't think Llama is talking about revenge. And neither am I come to that. It would be stupid to follow the loss of one civ with another. But it is possible if she was bad she would depend on this doubt. I'm sure she will have plenty to say later.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Well. Still under sedation lol. I totally thought I'd be all hero stsus right now. In staed I feel loke a schmuck in the thread and bamboozeled in my head.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

If I die tinight or tom for that matter. You can be assured of one thing. There is manip going on both day and night.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I'm voting the one armed man.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ben Horne
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 2}

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Dammit! RIP Nev! :( I guess Kate was wrong about you then.
Roxy wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Teeth - do you mind, yah know, to give an actual reason for your vote and also the earliness of it?

TBH - I have been pinged by your last few posts. Here you even say you don't think he is the one we need to lynch - please 'splain it to me. :)

SVS :o please lets talk about your vote kk?
Was hoping Teeth would see this and answer for it but instead he posts that he is sorry he voted early and was catching up and would post then didn't so I hope he can find some time today to respond. I think I will be putting a vote on him.
I gave you an actual reason for my vote. Not my fault if you don't think it's a very good one. But honestly, with how busy I've been with rl/work stuff lately, most of my mafia time has gone to boo's RM game, so I feel like I haven't been able to put enough time into this game. I'm going to try and catch up tonight though so hopefully I'll have a better idea of where I want to go from here.

The reason I voted so early was because I thought it was a standard 24-hour poll. I mentioned that already. Had I realized the poll went longer, I would have obviously waited longer to make a more informed decision. Also, I was suspicious of BF, and wanted to put a vote on him in case he was recruited and had the ability to kill tonight. So I wanted to protect against that, but I didn't feel he was necessarily the best person to lynch today. Does that clarify my reasoning any for you?

I think tonight and tomorrow morning, I'm going to spend my time re-reading some people. I'm starting to think we are being misled by someone.

Lots of linki.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Lets/lynch someone even if they may not be bad basically forrevenge does not sound like something a civvie wouuld say.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion. But I don't think Llama is talking about revenge. And neither am I come to that. It would be stupid to follow the loss of one civ with another. But it is possible if she was bad she would depend on this doubt. I'm sure she will have plenty to say later.
Kate is my closest friend irl. I have played a dozens of games with her, and hosted her. She does NOT go balls to the walls like that when she is bad, she just doesn't. Earlier in the game i thought she might have been bad, even kinda commented on it (I thought she was steering the thread, which I tend to view as a baddie move), BUT the more and more I saw her unwavering belief in Nevins baddieness, I was pretty sure she was a civ. Unless she grew some balls I don't know about, I could never see this behavior as bad Kate. I tried to nudge her some, constantly saying I did not think he was, but she probably thought I was being weak, lol, and ignored me.

Like I said, i can totally understand you being pissed at her, but you did not have to listen to her :shrug:

You should always follow your own gut, no matter how much someone else is trying to persuade you. Logical arguments don't always = truth.

Especially in INH games, i have played an INH game where you did not even know your own role. Who the hell knows what crazy crap is gonna happen next :yay:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I am sorry. I didn't do anythingg nefarious. I took what was before me and mad ethe ONLY logical conclusion.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Kate wrote:I am sorry. I didn't do anythingg nefarious. I took what was before me and mad ethe ONLY logical conclusion.
Yes, but it was how you did it, and then Nev being civ, that makes me think youre most likely bad.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:
Kate wrote:I am sorry. I didn't do anythingg nefarious. I took what was before me and mad ethe ONLY logical conclusion.
Yes, but it was how you did it, and then Nev being civ, that makes me think youre most likely bad.
How did I do it? The way I usually do it when I'm a civ and I'm sure of my convictions?

You don't want to lynch my role. You may want to lynch me...

Unless of course w the manipulating going on away I may be useless.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

How you did it? SVS called it Zombies Syndrome, I call it Shinny Syndrome. Either way, you lynched a civ, and after calling someone out for info dumping, you info dumped/backpedal style. You want people to think you're civvie? Then try re-doing this entire day.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matahari wrote:How you did it? SVS called it Zombies Syndrome, I call it Shinny Syndrome. Either way, you lynched a civ, and after calling someone out for info dumping, you info dumped/backpedal style. You want people to think you're civvie? Then try re-doing this entire day.
I called it Zombies Syndrome becasue she suspected Zombies and rode him hard, just like this, and he was civ, so was she. Nothing to do with what you are saying. And i have to disagree with you~ I spent a lot of time going head to head there, and this was not much like it.

At all.

There was no venom here. Thats the difference.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Who has said she has done this as a baddie? I only recall her doing this as a civvie, the whole full steam shove. Can you show me this post? I must have missed it.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Tbh we all have made mistakes in mafia as civ's and also as baddies. I remember a big baddie Kate also quite sure of herself - as a recruited baddie. Not too long ago. Do I instantly want to lynch her? No. If we have a vote on her and she is bad then she cannot kill.

But before we go all nooses on Kate I would like to be more sure so we do not have a repeat performance of today.

No one commented about my Teeth concerns - he has addressed them but tbh I still have the nose twitch.

We have time before llama gets the bandwagon rolling lets discuss other options - please.
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I don't ever recall her lynching people this relentlessly unless she was a civvie. She has to really believe it in her heart for her to act that way, and in this game there is no way she could if she was a baddie herself.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, I do not share your concerns about BWT. I feel he is a civvie, very much so.

And I am gonna vote for Donna again~ I still feel the friend is a good place to find things out :)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Unless , ofc, he was recruited today.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I voted Sarah. Mom's know things sometimes that others miss.
;)
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 1}

Post by Matahari »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Agreed on Log Lady so I'm voting there.

RIP/BIH Boogs? I agree it seems like a good result though based on the role.

I would NOT like to use the same method tomorrow, despite being the one to bring it up (as Rox nearly wanted to chop my head off for, due to a misunderstanding, lol, thankfully that is no longer the case). I think there is definitely more to be gleaned from the thread now in terms of suspicion and I think we need to try and figure out who Bob and his minion might be. There were a few people in particular who caught my eye, notably Nevinera and BF, but I'm not sure I'd vote either of them at this moment. I need to re-read the thread, but very doubtful I will have time for that, as I have had a very busy weekend and it should also be a busy week. I'll try and keep up at all times.

Now as to whether we should try to have a normal lynch as in any other game and then attempt to gain information about Bob or his minion thereafter or whether we try a modified version of what we did today to narrow down a few agreed-upon possible suspects as a killer, that's up in the air. I want to hear what others think.
Ok, I've reread the thread, and this is the first time MP mentions Nevinera. Before this post, he replies to Nevinera once, while discussing vote plans. But MP says a few caught his eye, 'notably' nev and bf. this feels weird to me, since he never pointed out what about nev caught his eye. Whatever it was, it was apparently vote-worthy.

Then later Kate agrees with mp about nev. Snow dog asked Kate what it was that was susp about nev, and Kate said something about him ignoring all of her and svs's posts about nev the day before. Or something like that, I'm not sure what that meant and I didn't see a back and forth between Kate and SVS about him, but I will definitely go back again tomorrow and search.

Anyhow, I noticed in my reread that Kate began role hinting in the same post where she accused nev of info dumping, and then made several more hints about her ability before the lynch. I did not see the hints on the first read, only her remark about having info, right there at the end. But that doesn't mean she was not recruited. In fact, after my reread, seeing how she and mp both made non-existent cases against nev, makes me wonder if they could be bob and minion. Kate was making remarks to nev on day 1, before she would have gotten any info.

Plus, the info roles wouldn't find bob, necessarily. He doesn't do anything at night. It all seemed planned and trumped up to me, in my reread.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

One positive thing to come from Nev's lynch is that llama and I are cleared as definite civs.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: Who has said she has done this as a baddie? I only recall her doing this as a civvie, the whole full steam shove. Can you show me this post? I must have missed it.
This is the post I was referring to, SVS:
Matahari wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
Kate wrote:If he come back not who I think he is then there's been more shenanigans than we think. But face value and occams both say he will.
"Face Value" is that you had me killed on purpose, and are going to get lynched next for it.
I gather you're building groundwork to try to get out of that.
duly noted- I've seen that work for Kate before, both as a civ and a baddie, so I'm really in a hurry to know whether I've trusted her rightly or wrongly-

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog wrote:One positive thing to come from Nev's lynch is that llama and I are cleared as definite civs.
Unless one of you were recruited yesterday.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:One positive thing to come from Nev's lynch is that llama and I are cleared as definite civs.
Unless one of you were recruited yesterday.
Of course. But any comment we made previous must be taken at face value as civs.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks llama, but I don't agree with Mata.

And Mata I knew she was dropping hints right away, as soon as Nevin did the info thing, she got so mad. Also not sure how you missed our back and forth, me freaking about BWT not voting and her insisting I vote for Nevoin as the plan called for.

Having played all of INHs games I think false/skewed info is totally possible. Also Nevin apparently checked themfor James, which means they have a 50% chance of not being BOB, that's the only info he couldhave had.

Also, tangent question INH~ can BOBs minion(s) Choose not to kill?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:Thanks llama, but I don't agree with Mata.

And Mata I knew she was dropping hints right away, as soon as Nevin did the info thing, she got so mad. Also not sure how you missed our back and forth, me freaking about BWT not voting and her insisting I vote for Nevoin as the plan called for.

Having played all of INHs games I think false/skewed info is totally possible. Also Nevin apparently checked themfor James, which means they have a 50% chance of not being BOB, that's the only info he couldhave had.

50% chance of not being Bob? Meaning he would only know if he had found Bob had he been killed? I hadn't thought of that. Guess we are not so much in the clear after all...although Nev seemed sure, so maybe his role revealed more than you think.
And I think that whoever Bob chooses his ally to kill he must kill. No choice.
But I await INH's answer with interests.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

Voted for Ben Horne.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Thanks llama, but I don't agree with Mata.

50% chance of not being Bob? Meaning he would only know if he had found Bob had he been killed? I hadn't thought of that. Guess we are not so much in the clear after all...although Nev seemed sure, so maybe his role revealed more than you think.
And I think that whoever Bob chooses his ally to kill he must kill. No choice.
But I await INH's answer with interests.
RIP Nev. As Snowie said, maybe you'll be back.

Nev's surety of Snowie and llama makes me think that he believed he'd have known if he found BOB and survived. While I don't know if that's the case I hope so, since it means the other searcher (Donna, right?) could find him too.

Oh, gosh. I don't know what to think of Kate anymore. I agree that she seems way too savvy to get caught leading a civ lynch if she were baddie. On the other hand I suppose she could have planned on us thinking that....the entire thing strikes me as extremely WIFOM-y and thus I'm nervous about taking either side of it. Does anyone have the final results from the poll?

Roxy, I reread BWT since you were asking about him. The post where he voted did also strike me as strange, but I could see him having meant that he only wanted 1 vote on BF just in case. His other contributions so far seem helpful. He does say that he's catching up pretty often, but if I remember correctly he does that both as a baddie and a civ. I'm willing to give him BOTD for now, but I'm all for keeping an eye on him.

Linki: I'm also interested in INH's response. If they do have to kill, our current voting strategy should make them relatively easy to weed out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

It's really hard for me not to vote for the One-Armed Man, but from an investigative standpoint I think talking to Laura's mom makes more sense right now.

votes Sarah Palmer
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:Does anyone have the final results from the poll?
My spreadsheet works a little differently than the poll layout, so the first name is the voter, the second is the votee and the vote order is in parentheses.

birdwithteeth11----BlindFaeth(3)
Matahari----Nevinera(10)
Roxy----birdwithteeth11(11)
Kate----Nevinera(7)
MovingPictures07----Nevinera(6)
Nevinera----Kate(13)
Russtifinko----SVS(8)
Snow Dog----thellama73(12)
SVS----Vompatti(2)
thellama73----Russtifinko(9)
Vompatti----MovingPictures07(4)

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by insertnamehere »

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yet there are those who open many eyes. Eyes are the mirror of the soul, someone has said. So we look closely at the eyes to see the nature of the soul. Sometimes when we see the eyes--those horrible times when we see the eyes, eyes that ... that have no soul--then we know a darkness, then we wonder: where is the beauty? There is none if the eyes are soulless.

(I have no time to look up, and format an excerpt from the show.)

LUCY'S COLUMN:
This is the list I found of people that need investigation.
1. Vompatti, very quiet and mysterious. A cold hearted killer?
2. Birdwithteeth, always rushing in to read up on things. Hey wait! Stick around awhile! Oh yeah, you're busy...
3. Matahri or Blindfaeth, well the name has changed but the suspicions haven't.
4. Kate, oh Kate, what did you do? Careless or cruel?

Nobody has died. It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to find out who killed Laura Palmer, and Maddy Ferguson.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 3}

Post by thellama73 »

May I just take a moment to comment on the consistently excellent lyric choices by our gracious host, whose taste in music appears to be superb.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”