Meanwhile...(Host/Non-Player)
57%

Total votes: 7
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 3}

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I honestly don't recall voting, and the poll ends at the same time, so i think INH edited it, not reset it, but I could be wrong. I am getting old, lol, sometimes I do stuff and forget all about it :(
I believe you, SVS, and still think you're civvie, but just for the information of the people in the thread, the end time DID change and it now ends tomorrow morning instead of in two days as the original poll stated.

Don't forget to vote by tomorrow morning, everyone! Missed votes=death.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

I'll be sleeping tomorrow so I have to vote now and I'm going with llama.

*votes llama*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Vompatti wrote:I'll be sleeping tomorrow so I have to vote now and I'm going with llama.

*votes llama*
Any particular reason?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I honestly don't recall voting, and the poll ends at the same time, so i think INH edited it, not reset it, but I could be wrong. I am getting old, lol, sometimes I do stuff and forget all about it :(
I believe you, SVS, and still think you're civvie, but just for the information of the people in the thread, the end time DID change and it now ends tomorrow morning instead of in two days as the original poll stated.

Don't forget to vote by tomorrow morning, everyone! Missed votes=death.
The original poll WAS for 8:something AM. At least the one I saw was~ he came in and changed it in the middle of the afternoon. I am gonna go see when i posted and when INH posted, and when the night post was.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 2}

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:
Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is. Do you, Mr. Jones?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yet there are those who open many eyes. Eyes are the mirror of the soul, someone has said. So we look closely at the eyes to see the nature of the soul. Sometimes when we see the eyes--those horrible times when we see the eyes, eyes that ... that have no soul--then we know a darkness, then we wonder: where is the beauty? There is none if the eyes are soulless.

(I have no time to look up, and format an excerpt from the show.)

LUCY'S COLUMN:
This is the list I found of people that need investigation.
1. Vompatti, very quiet and mysterious. A cold hearted killer?
2. Birdwithteeth, always rushing in to read up on things. Hey wait! Stick around awhile! Oh yeah, you're busy...
3. Matahri or Blindfaeth, well the name has changed but the suspicions haven't.
4. Kate, oh Kate, what did you do? Careless or cruel?

Nobody has died. It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to find out who killed Laura Palmer, and Maddy Ferguson.
Yeah the original poll was at 8 something AM, I looked at it first thing this AM becasue i did not want to make the same dumb mistake about the poll times as i did the other day. Because that is when he posted the night post. His post saying he forgot to put us on the poll meant he was just adding us, he did not reset, becasue the original poll time did not change.

I did not think I was going crazy, lol.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Ok so glad Vomps can just plop down a vote without commenting on why or anything else that has been said.

So looks like llama and Mati both have a vote is there someone else we should make sure we cover?
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The original poll ended on the 26th though, not the 25th, which is why Russ posted this.
Russtifinko wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:And I am getting a bit fed up with you evading that 50% thing :)

Voting Snowy
That seems impulsive to me. He didn't have a vote last night and there was no night kill. Do you think he would pass up the opportunity to kill to maintain his cover when his team are only a couple of kills/conversions away from a majority?
Not to mention we have nearly 2 entire days to hash this out before we need to cast votes. Another very early one from S~V~S, although at least this one was explained.

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear there are 10 of us instead of 8. Any idea how 2 people got off the poll?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:Ok so glad Vomps can just plop down a vote without commenting on why or anything else that has been said.

So looks like llama and Mati both have a vote is there someone else we should make sure we cover?
At the risk of being accused of "No Uing," I would kind of like to cover Vomps.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Have to agree to disagree, my man. I don't think I voted, and I think when it is 2:30 PM, and the vote ends the next Am at 8:30, that is an early vote.

Care to explain Russ reasoning for anything else he has done?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Have to agree to disagree, my man. I don't think I voted, and I think when it is 2:30 PM, and the vote ends the next Am at 8:30, that is an early vote.

Care to explain Russ reasoning for anything else he has done?
No thanks. I wasn't explaining Russ' reasoning. I just remember that when he posted that I thought it was odd (this being speed mafia, after all) and it caused me to check the end date of the poll, which I noticed was for the 26th.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Just to set the record straight, this is the sequence of events as I remember them:

1. SVS posts that she is voting for Snow Dog.
2. I check the poll and see that she has in fact voted for SNow Dog and that her vote order is 2, INH having voted the host option already. I make a note of this in my spreadsheet.
3. Russ posts that we have two days to vote
4. I think to myself "two days? that can't be right!"
5. I check the poll and see that the end date is indeed listed as the 26th. I don't remember what the time was, though.
6. INH posts this:
insertnamehere wrote:PUBLIC NOTICE: In my rush to leave, I forgot to add SVS and Birdwithteeth to the poll, and even more important, I changed the poll end time to tomorrow afternoon, not in two days. I probably will not be able to log on again until tomorrow afternoon.
7. I check the poll a third time and see an end date of the 25th and that SVS's vote is no longer there.
8. MP votes for Mata, his being the second vote after INH's host vote.
9. I correct my spreadsheet, deleting SVS's vote, since she no longer has vote #2, MP does.
10. SVS claims not to have voted. Llama's eyebrow raises.

The fact that I specifically noticed all these oddities at the time makes me feel quite sure in my memory. I believe SVS is simply misremembering, although it did at one point occur to me that she may be trying some elaborate ploy. In all probability, this will not prove relevant, but I wanted to set the record straight on this since I feel like some of my posts have been misunderstood.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

thellama73 wrote:Just to set the record straight, this is the sequence of events as I remember them:

1. SVS posts that she is voting for Snow Dog.
2. I check the poll and see that she has in fact voted for SNow Dog and that her vote order is 2, INH having voted the host option already. I make a note of this in my spreadsheet.
3. Russ posts that we have two days to vote
4. I think to myself "two days? that can't be right!"
5. I check the poll and see that the end date is indeed listed as the 26th. I don't remember what the time was, though.
6. INH posts this:
insertnamehere wrote:PUBLIC NOTICE: In my rush to leave, I forgot to add SVS and Birdwithteeth to the poll, and even more important, I changed the poll end time to tomorrow afternoon, not in two days. I probably will not be able to log on again until tomorrow afternoon.
7. I check the poll a third time and see an end date of the 25th and that SVS's vote is no longer there.
8. MP votes for Mata, his being the second vote after INH's host vote.
9. I correct my spreadsheet, deleting SVS's vote, since she no longer has vote #2, MP does.
10. SVS claims not to have voted. Llama's eyebrow raises.

The fact that I specifically noticed all these oddities at the time makes me feel quite sure in my memory. I believe SVS is simply misremembering, although it did at one point occur to me that she may be trying some elaborate ploy. In all probability, this will not prove relevant, but I wanted to set the record straight on this since I feel like some of my posts have been misunderstood.
This sequence of events is 100% correct. I'm still very puzzled as to why S~V~S voted so early, and as to why she is ignoring facts (whether she voted and the poll end time).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

EBWOP: I have no idea if llama checked things in the order he says, but the sequence of posts and poll changes is correct.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Even though no one asked, at this point I'm leaning pretty strongly civ on both Snowie and llama. I'm not sure about Kate, SVS, and Matahari. Of those 3 I feel best about Matahari. Between SVS's vote on Day 2 and misremembering now and Kate's lead of a civ lynch yesterday I think they should be covered at the very least. I also don't like that BWT was in long enough to say he'd read and has now disappeared again. If I had to vote now mine would go to either SVS or him.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Sorry for the multi-post monologue here. That's what I get for getting up at 6 and playing from my phone.

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and vote SVS. I don't think further discussion will sway me, and for the reasons listed above I feel considerably worse about her than I did yesterday, when she also got my vote. At the very least it will spread the vote.

And this is unrelated to the current lynch, but how is it that Vomps can just drop votes however he pleases? I realize "it's his style" and "he's always quiet", but every other player is held to the standard of being able to write some kind of reason for every vote, and usually the reason has to be logical and supported by thread evidence. I hope you don't take this personally, vomps, I guess it's just beginning to annoy me that you avoid all that work the rest of us do building cases.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I'm not happy with the spread of votes at all. I am not BOB or a recruit, so that vote was a waste, and I am pretty sure SVS is on the level. That means if I am right about Mata, we will still have a night kill. However, I still think my logic for avoiding a wider vote spread is sound, so I will cast a vote for Mata now.

*votes Mata*

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Snow Dog »

I concur with all that has been said about the poll originally being a 48 hr poll. I don't know what kind of game svs is playing here.

Llama..you say you are sure svs is civ. Because I feel the opposite can you give any specific reasons why you think so?

With two killers out there if we don't cover them both two of us die tonight. That simply cannot be allowed to happen.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

thellama73 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'll be sleeping tomorrow so I have to vote now and I'm going with llama.

*votes llama*
Any particular reason?
Since I voted early, I voted for someone whom most people seemed to want to cover so that I wouldn't mess up the strategy or anything. On the other hand I still think there's a good chance you're possessed, so if someone chooses to give you another vote (which I doubt) I'm fine with that.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

A vote for me is a waste I feel. Unless anyone actually thinks I was recruited last night. Do they?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Russtifinko wrote:And this is unrelated to the current lynch, but how is it that Vomps can just drop votes however he pleases? I realize "it's his style" and "he's always quiet", but every other player is held to the standard of being able to write some kind of reason for every vote, and usually the reason has to be logical and supported by thread evidence. I hope you don't take this personally, vomps, I guess it's just beginning to annoy me that you avoid all that work the rest of us do building cases.
I said (or at least implied) earlier that everyone seems to trust the llama but me, which is why I think it would be beneficial for Bob to recruit him, which is the reason I voted for him (along with wanting to make sure I vote for someone we were going to have covered anyway so that we wouldn't end up covering too many).

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:I concur with all that has been said about the poll originally being a 48 hr poll. I don't know what kind of game svs is playing here.

Llama..you say you are sure svs is civ. Because I feel the opposite can you give any specific reasons why you think so?

With two killers out there if we don't cover them both two of us die tonight. That simply cannot be allowed to happen.
I am not sure, but I am pretty sure, because I don't think she would have cast an early vote for you (a vote which she now denies making) if she were bad. I think she would have hung back and attempted to sway the poll results with her teammates. Also, Kate vouches for her and I have come around to trusting Kate.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I concur with all that has been said about the poll originally being a 48 hr poll. I don't know what kind of game svs is playing here.

I am not sure, but I am pretty sure, because I don't think she would have cast an early vote for you (a vote which she now denies making) if she were bad. I think she would have hung back and attempted to sway the poll results with her teammates. Also, Kate vouches for her and I have come around to trusting Kate.
I think I am willing to trust you on this. I trust you are civ of course anyway. (Unless you got recruited last night or Nev wasn't as certain as I supposed)

But I HAVE to consider that you may have been recruited last night and svs is Bob maybe. Which makes kate the third in this trio of crime.

I must reread I guess to be more sure.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Vompatti wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:And this is unrelated to the current lynch, but how is it that Vomps can just drop votes however he pleases? I realize "it's his style" and "he's always quiet", but every other player is held to the standard of being able to write some kind of reason for every vote, and usually the reason has to be logical and supported by thread evidence. I hope you don't take this personally, vomps, I guess it's just beginning to annoy me that you avoid all that work the rest of us do building cases.
I said (or at least implied) earlier that everyone seems to trust the llama but me, which is why I think it would be beneficial for Bob to recruit him, which is the reason I voted for him (along with wanting to make sure I vote for someone we were going to have covered anyway so that we wouldn't end up covering too many).
Thanks for the response, vomps. Seems sound to me.

I feel the same as Snow Dog on SVS, llama. I more or less believe Kate has good intentions, but after yesterday I have trouble trusting her reads of others. SVS's denial of her vote just seems too bizarre for me. Even though you say it would be poor strategy, baddies don't always play perfect strategy
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Where's everyone else, by the way? We still have 6 votes to get in, right?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Gosh yes. It does end soon. I may have to vote very soon.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm a bit worried. Less than an hour to go and no coherent plan it seems. I will vote as late as I possibly can.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I am here too, been reading along this morning. Nothing to add that I or someone else hasn't already said. But if people feel that strongly about SVS should we cover Teeth or worry about who Bob may be and vote there.

Vomps and his certainty give me pause about llama as well though really I have been trusting him - even though he may have been recruited yesterday.

I feel helpless tbh. Snow Dog which way are you leaning?
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I think I am willing to trust you on this. I trust you are civ of course anyway. (Unless you got recruited last night or Nev wasn't as certain as I supposed)

But I HAVE to consider that you may have been recruited last night and svs is Bob maybe. Which makes kate the third in this trio of crime.

I must reread I guess to be more sure.
For heaven's sake, don't trust me! Look at me my reasoning and either agree that it makes sense of disagree, but don't trust anyone. Us trusting Kate and Kate trusting her info is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:I am here too, been reading along this morning. Nothing to add that I or someone else hasn't already said. But if people feel that strongly about SVS should we cover Teeth or worry about who Bob may be and vote there.

Vomps and his certainty give me pause about llama as well though really I have been trusting him - even though he may have been recruited yesterday.

I feel helpless tbh. Snow Dog which way are you leaning?
I might put a cover vote on Vompatti. But I'll admit I am not certain about who might be Bob or minion at all. This game has got me totally paranoid at the moment. May have to trust to luck. I really don't know Rox.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Llama...I do see your point about SVS early vote. I don't know. I'm double guessing myself now. Doubting my beliefs. Gaaah!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Shouldn't the poll have ended already?

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

So why did SVS vote Snow Dog?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

We have about a little more than 30 minutes
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:Shouldn't the poll have ended already?
Another 32 mins
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Vompatti wrote:Shouldn't the poll have ended already?
Is it 8:33 am eastern time yet? No.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Does anyone know who was uncovered last night? I have to make a quick decision here
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:So why did SVS vote Snow Dog?
I don't know why. maybe because she voted me before the poll was reset. I am telling you it was a waste of a vote. It is a shame. I wish you could believe me.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Does anyone know who was uncovered last night? I have to make a quick decision here
It was I and roxy
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Ok I'm going to cover mp. I'm just not sure does anyone object?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Ok I'm going to cover mp. I'm just not sure does anyone object?
I don't. But as an absent player i don't think he would have been recruited by Bob. He could be BOb I suppose.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I still think spreading out the votes further is a mistake. If there are baddies waiting to vote late, they can pick whomever they want to lynch if we spread out anymore.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
I still think spreading out the votes further is a mistake. If there are baddies waiting to vote late, they can pick whomever they want to lynch if we spread out anymore.
Well if that's the case then those ppl will be who we look at tomorrow. I don't know what else to do...
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

This lynch could be a tipping point I fear.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Snow Dog and I were both uncovered, something I still do not have a problem with

Linky still posting

Seems like a waste Kate and a way to avoid making the hard decision
;)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Stuck with my originql vote, didn't want to but I did since llama is so adamant I cast it
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

SVS srsly? Since when do you care what someone thinks? If you are civ you should play for whats right not what someone else expects from you
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Stuck with my originql vote, didn't want to but I did since llama is so adamant I cast it
I never suggested that you make the same vote again. Since the poll was reset, you were perfectly justified in changing your vote. I was just trying to establish the facts. Just the facts, Ma'am!

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Why ask what people think if you are going to vote MP anyway Kate?

We are so fucked
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Why ask what people think if you are going to vote MP anyway Kate?

We are so fucked
I hope not.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”