Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 8)

Post by LoRab »

While it may not have been said explicitly, there has been a bunch of speculation about Wigly's votes and posts. I think the idea that he voted his suspicions was implicit in the discussion.

I also meant to say earlier, that you were one of the players he suggested we look at next.

You know I love you, but I'm not sure I'm seeing civ/unrecruited Bea here.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Feeling is mutual sweetie. Feels a little like you are saying I'm being too blend and unfocused because timer and th brought me up earlier. I'd say it's a bit pot and kettle here. You've defended for sure but have your contributions to the game that aren't defending been any more original and game moving than mine?

You can totes vote me, i get it, but all that is going to net the town is an unrecruited player lynched.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Eeps that phone post is riddled with mistakes.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:Feeling is mutual sweetie. Feels a little like you are saying I'm being too blend and unfocused because timer and th brought me up earlier. I'd say it's a bit pot and kettle here. You've defended for sure but have your contributions to the game that aren't defending been any more original and game moving than mine?

You can totes vote me, i get it, but all that is going to net the town is an unrecruited player lynched.
Given the number of people that agreed with me about Rico during our back and forth, I'm not sure I can agree that I haven't had original thoughts. Also, I've been suspecting TH for days, and I'm not sure how many have agreed with me on him, either (until Bubbles' lynch).

And yes, others mentioning you was what got me noticing your posts. But my own conclusion about your posts is my own. They don't match with what I know as civ/civ friendly Bea. I love you, and I know you're busy IRL, but I don't think I'm seeing innocent Bea here.

The fact is, the only confirmed civ in this game named you as one of his top ones to watch. So, yes, a number of people are watching you now. I'm not ready to vote for you quite yet. But your response to my suspicion doesn't add any warm fuzzy feelings to my read of you at this point.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

LoRab wrote: Given the number of people that agreed with me about Rico during our back and forth,
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :confused2: :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

nutella wrote:
LoRab wrote: Given the number of people that agreed with me about Rico during our back and forth,
:ponder: :ponder: :ponder: :confused2: :shrug:
My point exactly. Bea said I was being blendy and that I haven't had original thoughts. Given that pretty much no one agreed with me, I think it is fair to say that I was having original thoughts and not being blendy.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

....oh. That actually makes sense. :blush:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

LoRab wrote:Also, I've been suspecting TH for days, and I'm not sure how many have agreed with me on him, either (until Bubbles' lynch).
It's hard to agree with someone who just says "I suspect this person", every day, with no details or analysis or even a reason. You've said nothing original about me for days. You don't interact with my posts or engage me in any way, you don't try to make others see your point of view, you just plop a vote on me and continue on your merry way.

And people didn't "agree with you [after] Bubbles' lynch" either, so you can't claim credit for that... Scotty made that case, and you agreed with him.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Is there any response I could have given that would have eased your bad feeling lorab?

Take a look at me. By all means. As I said to Scotty days ago all you will find is a distracted unrecruited player. I feel bad about wilgy. I truly do. But his guess that I'm bad is incorrect.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I am drunk. Totally not fit to be potitng right now. So here I am!!!
bea wrote:I'm very sorry I was wrong about you wilgy. :(
I hope that Celia was right about SVS.

I appologize to everyone for my long absence. I know my participation has dropped significantly and hopefully I can try to make up for that. Please know that my dipping out was all RL and not because I have been recruited. I remain an unrecruited player. I do not hold anyone but myself accountable for my bad vote for wilgy. I jumped right on that train with no thought to anything but "fuck I have to vote right the fuck now!" Timmer is correct, I normally do not care to vote silenced players. I probably would not have voted for bubbles the day I missed that lynch following the same logic and I was wrong about bubbles.

You guys! srrsly! RL has moved from trying to kick my ass to flat out trying to make me suffer a heart attack. In the past week I've had a power outage which involved unpaid time transferring food too and fro to keep it from spoiling, a futile trek through the city of PHX trying to find dry ice, working my normal 50 hours, crazy business because apparently a day and a half without being able to order pizza threw my entire neighborhood into a frenzy plus long weekend, being called in early more than not, 6 call offs bause of illness in half as many days, broken phones, a broken walk in and computer issues because all of my tech at the store has been systematically breaking since we got power back up. Blah. This is the first day in about 3 weeks I've been able to sit down and catch my breath.

I pulled this list from aapje's post about wilgy's voteing patterns. Here's what was down for day 7.

SVS
LR
LA
Tranq
Synonym

I thought that at some point I'd read that he eventually went back to voting SVS at the time, but I guess I'm mistaking that.

Anyway - I am wondering, does anyone think he might have been signaling who he thinks SVS's potential teammates are with that vote? I could see him trying to say something with the way he was moving his vote around, but also he could have just been signaling he was silenced. Anyway, that's something that's been in the back of my mind for a bit during my catch up.
Holy hell bea that sounds horrible! I'm glad things are settling down for you !

As for your theory at the end there about Wigly signaling? Dubt it. He also voted for himself in that mess for a bit I remember, so I think that most of those wereindeed just signaling that he was silenced.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Yeah, legacy usually needs to be traced in posts. Votes, especially chngeable ones, can be too sprawling, unless perhaps the player really tunelled on somebody in particular.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sorsha wrote:Well I missed the lunch yesterday because of the thread lock but I was planning on voting synonym. I might still today but I'm hoping to be able to do some re-reads on a few players before I make up my mind.
Nice of you to join us again after almost a 4 day absence. Any reason why you would liek to join the syn bandwgon? You wrre "plamnning" on voting Syn even though as far as I recall you've never mentioned him in any of your discussions? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also feel free to vote him if you feel that way. Votes are changeable - much to aapje s chagrin.

Sidenote: did Syn say why he voted for BWT?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

timmer wrote:Scotty, go to Bea's posts, use "search user's posts" and type in the word "silenced". Skim down, you'll see some posts where she mentions things like "is this one of those few times where voting for someone is silenced is okay? I don't usually like doing that" etc.

LMK if you can't find it, I'll go find it for you later.

@MM :bighug:
cant find it. shes only said the word "silenced" twice, and that was a few hours ago

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:I think I might try voting with SVS instead of for SVS.
***Votes Synonym.***
DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Well a Syn vote is off the table, so.
Did I miss why?
I just don't want to vote for Syn.
Here we are again.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

aight im fading and generally unimpressive in looking at this thread rihtnow. Will check back in before my 4p-12a shift tomorrow, and will make a final decision at that point.

timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

Scotty wrote:
timmer wrote:Scotty, go to Bea's posts, use "search user's posts" and type in the word "silenced". Skim down, you'll see some posts where she mentions things like "is this one of those few times where voting for someone is silenced is okay? I don't usually like doing that" etc.

LMK if you can't find it, I'll go find it for you later.

@MM :bighug:
cant find it. shes only said the word "silenced" twice, and that was a few hours ago
Oh, I think you are searching this game's posts. I searched her total posts, from all games. She mentions several times in the Monty Python game that she dislikes voting for silenced people. However, that said, she was bad in that game, so I'm no longer as sure that it's a relevant point.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:Also, I've been suspecting TH for days, and I'm not sure how many have agreed with me on him, either (until Bubbles' lynch).
It's hard to agree with someone who just says "I suspect this person", every day, with no details or analysis or even a reason. You've said nothing original about me for days. You don't interact with my posts or engage me in any way, you don't try to make others see your point of view, you just plop a vote on me and continue on your merry way.

And people didn't "agree with you [after] Bubbles' lynch" either, so you can't claim credit for that... Scotty made that case, and you agreed with him.
I explained my suspicion. It hasn't really changed. I explained my initial reasons, whichare still the core of my suspicion. I am happy to restate them, but don't really see the point.

I'm not claiming credit for anything, as you seem to imply. My point was just pointing out that I hav had original thoughtus.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by timmer »

I've moved my vote to TH. I can see the point people are making about the unlikelihood of Synonym being bad, so I've reverted to my earlier position on TH. I'll read up more tomorrow, but must go to bed now.
My siggie.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

aapje wrote:
Synonym wrote:I have also been having a running discussion with LC over night actions. I have missed every single deadline thus far due to time differences. I have subsequently learned that I'm allowed to submit actions in advance of the phase change.
Checking back I noticed there was only 1 missing pm on both N4 and N5. So basically if anyone knows they missed a pm on any of those nights they will know for certain Synonym is lying and likely a baddie. If not then it's very unlikely he is bad.

Which reminds me:
@Hosts:
How many missing for Night 6?

Also high horse? You threatened to ruin the game for 30+ players. That's a dick move and I stand by what I said about it.
Hmm. I missed sending a PM the Night I was killed. I think the Hosts made confusing posts about N5 missed PMs, though. LC said one, then "not as many as he thought" (??), BR hinted at several.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab, can you give a sample of your Tone Book as to why Syn's posts don't make sense coming from a baddie? Is it just his last reply or everything he said toDay or in general?

That being said, I'm gonna move him to "mull over" after his last response. Not so much his initial D8 one, that was unconvincing and slightly irking too. I'd still like a bit of evidence that, in his culture, mafia sometimes outs mafia, otherwise saying "I'm claiming to out so that mafia will be scared to recruit me" is still a bit of a bluff, if such outing will never likely to happen.
Synonym
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Synonym »

Scotty wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Well I missed the lunch yesterday because of the thread lock but I was planning on voting synonym. I might still today but I'm hoping to be able to do some re-reads on a few players before I make up my mind.
Nice of you to join us again after almost a 4 day absence. Any reason why you would liek to join the syn bandwgon? You wrre "plamnning" on voting Syn even though as far as I recall you've never mentioned him in any of your discussions? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also feel free to vote him if you feel that way. Votes are changeable - much to aapje s chagrin.

I haven't posted it publicly but I'm happy to explain it. As far as I could tell BWT was extreme busy writing their dissertation (I know how stressful that can be) but still found time to post all the way up until the day they submitted (I was still rushing around between supervisors and the printers when mine was due). Then suddenly they all but disappear from the thread when they should have arguably more time and energy to contribute.

I quite liked his early contributions to the thread but to go from interesting posts while under the pump to nothing when you're not stressing is troubling.
And this is where I'd post my winnings... IF I HAD ANY.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm not sure I fully understand the Syn votes. Just because someone has a bad attitude toward the game doesn't mean they're baddies. I have a few thoughts for a vote knocking about and a few people I still want to read through. I should be around for most of today, probably just looking for jobs online anyway, so I should get through a few things today.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Synonym wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I haven't posted it publicly but I'm happy to explain it. As far as I could tell BWT was extreme busy writing their dissertation (I know how stressful that can be) but still found time to post all the way up until the day they submitted (I was still rushing around between supervisors and the printers when mine was due). Then suddenly they all but disappear from the thread when they should have arguably more time and energy to contribute.

I quite liked his early contributions to the thread but to go from interesting posts while under the pump to nothing when you're not stressing is troubling.
I don't recall BWT having dissertation issues, are you sure it's the right player you spotted?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Ricochet wrote:
Synonym wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I don't recall BWT having dissertation issues, are you sure it's the right player you spotted?
Dissertations are my thing, yo. I think this is the first time I've been confused for BWT though, usually it's Boom for some reason.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

I get the arguments against voting Syn, but to me it's an Occam's razor sort of scenario. The thread was locked immediately after Wilgy took the lead in the poll. The most simple explanation is that Synonym's team is protecting him. The other two explanations are that Syn himself is the thread locker or else the thread locker just did it to throw us off the track, but I find both of those considerably less likely.

We went down this same rabbit hole with TinyBubbles, trying to second guess ourselves, but in thta case it turned out that the simple answer was true. I think this will be the same.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Ricochet wrote:
aapje wrote:
Synonym wrote:I have also been having a running discussion with LC over night actions. I have missed every single deadline thus far due to time differences. I have subsequently learned that I'm allowed to submit actions in advance of the phase change.
Checking back I noticed there was only 1 missing pm on both N4 and N5. So basically if anyone knows they missed a pm on any of those nights they will know for certain Synonym is lying and likely a baddie. If not then it's very unlikely he is bad.
Hmm. I missed sending a PM the Night I was killed. I think the Hosts made confusing posts about N5 missed PMs, though. LC said one, then "not as many as he thought" (??), BR hinted at several.
I went back through the hosts posts and this is what I got:
Long Con wrote:Ricochet has been killed by Azura Nokomis. DisguntledPorcupine has been killed by Ahriman, Grand Master.

It is now Day 6. Day will last 48 hours. There was a one missing PM tonight.

Position 5 is Active for this phase.
Long Con wrote:Perhaps not as many missing PMs as I had thought...
Dom has been killed by the Brutal Executioner.
Black Rock wrote:
Public Announcement
Please send ALL PM's to both hosts. Especially power ones. For example, I worked tonight and LC gathered PM's. Some were almost missed, and weren't caught before he posted.
So what it sounds to me is this: LC writes the posts, several PMs are missing as indicated by the 2 latter posts. LC then gets all messages that were only sent to BR and posts his addendum to the night post and edits the number of missing PMs to 1.

So if you are telling the truth about not sending in your PM that night that would mean Synonym is lying. :eye:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ah, so LC's first Host Post was edited after he rain-checked on how many PMs are missing? I'd need a confirmation of that.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

This seems like a shit reason to suspect someone.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Ricochet wrote:Ah, so LC's first Host Post was edited after he rain-checked on how many PMs are missing? I'd need a confirmation of that.
Well I doubt he originally wrote one missing pm when he was missing several.

@Hosts:
How many missing PM's on night 5? (and maybe the other nights as well while you are at it :P )

Also Rico you are 100% sure you didn't send in a PM while you had a power that night?
DharmaHelper wrote:This seems like a shit reason to suspect someone.
Eh, I think it looks like it could be a classic slip up. That being said if the hosts don't come back in time I will probably look at someone else for today.
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Seems like a silly thing to lie about.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon

Post by aapje »

Not really. "Looks guys I've been so inactive I haven't even used any of my powers. How could I possibly be bad?" That's how it read to me at least.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

aapje wrote: Also Rico you are 100% sure you didn't send in a PM while you had a power that night?
Yes, it slipped my mind. I can't obviously make comments on my role and what circumstances made me forget about submitting my PM, but I'm positive.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 6)

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Mysterious thing, time. Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the dark tower. You know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen. And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss. If you succeed tonight, more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns, should do it, I think.
I was Miss Granger in that one mafia game. That was fun.
DrWilgy wrote:
Scotty wrote:Responses in red
DrWilgy wrote:I'll respond within the quote this time!
Tranq wrote:
I'm putting a vote on DrWilgy for now. A couple of things have been bothering me.

- Early in the game he had that odd hate/love relationship with unfurl. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why the lynch got switched to her. So he could make that "Will you help me avenge Unfurl?" post while also bringing up the "it makes no sense for Bubbles to kill unfurl" argument.
Love hate relationship? You obviously Haven't been reading my greentext...that is also unrelated to the game on most levels. One thing that is true though, is that MM and Unfurl were and are my friends. MM and I recently played a game together and I enjoyed his style. I accused Unfurl early based upon philosophy and regretted it, so I wanted to be a good friend and make it up to her. Also, it making no sense for Bubbles to kill Unfurl is still a relevant and logical argument that was unrelated to me wanting to avenge her.
Let it also be known that you were on a MAFIA team with MM in the last game you played with him. I really don't know why you guys are so blatantly friendly in this game as well.
Oh boy... I'll sort through your messages in the morning Scotty, I hope you don't mind waiting abit. I would reccomend moving the vote off me though... In regards to MM, yes we were both mafia, but that doesn't change my enjoyment of him as a person. What is the harm in being friendly with your friends?

Wilgy waddles over towards Scotty, bows in thanks, then waddles back home.
Indeed. What is wrong with being friendly in such a large moshpit of a game?
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok, I don't know why no one is talking about this, but I will. Llama, the Bubbles lynch flip makes you look incredibly bad. You came out of the gate on Bubbles for something ridiculous. And yet when it came down to her lynch you didn't vote for her. Not only did you not vote for her but you made two separate posts talking about how Uzbarg would have no reason not to use his power, one time saying that we learn zero information from the switch. The last time you said anything negative about Bubbles was in Night 4 and all it said was everything bubbles said read insincere to you. That is it. So you go from being after her hard at the start and then you barely say anything about her lynch? Then after her flip you come out yelling about how you knew it and you were right, etc. taking credit for a lynch you played absolutely no part in at all. Your only explanation about why you didn't vote for her was to say you didn't think your vote would matter so you put your vote somewhere else. And if that was why you were doing it, why wouldn't you say that in your vote. Why wouldn't you express your approval of the lynch train that was forming? Instead you tried to convince people who were waffling to vote for DH instead. I think you are Uz and you recruited Bubbles. I think today's dog and pony show about looking for Bubbles teammates is your way to hopefully direct attention anywhere but you.
I think I did mention this but never had time to look into it. I'm glad you picked up on it.
DrWilgy wrote:
Roxy wrote:Dr W - only bc I think he would make a great recruit and his posts have adifferent feel than they did in the beginning of the game.
It's been the move! I got work sorted out today... so paychecks! I'm happy you think I'd make a great recruit though!

Hey Scotty, I'm gonna respond in another copy paste type fashion!
"Yes, of course they're for a reason :confused: , but who knows when Black Rock gets time out her schedule to post what she needs to post?"
-I would hopefully assume that it's accurate, for game integrity. Do you know different or have reason to assume different?

"Being sympathetic is one thing, and being strategically sympathetic is another. I have a theory. Within human societal context. My theory is that no one is completely selfless. There is always a measure of selfishness in a decision or thought to do something. Altruism is an ideal, but not a reality. I used to regularly give homeless people on the street in NY food or change when I was feeling generous and bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the early years that I lived here. I don't do that anymore, because I'm constantly on the verge of being there myself hahahahahahaa :hyper: But. Every time I did so, I thought, 'wow, I'm being really charitable right now. I'm a pretty nice dude!' In retrospect, I fail to see how that is altruistic. It makes me feel better about myself, even if the thought is charitable and kind. So I ask you, what did you hope to gain from being sympathetic with her?"
-I'm sorry for your idealism Scotty, and I think this is something that we just disagree on. I'll give you some back story though, hopefully it can change what you believe in me. My favorite game is FF9, I talk about it all the time, I have even had two of my avatars be FF9 related in the short time that I've been here. Here is a screenshot from the game, which features a main character and his "theme"
It should be clear that this game has impacted me and everything I do. I felt like doing what I thought to be the right thing, that's all. Sigh... Real talk in a game of mafia.

"It's that it was very precise defending. It made sense from a bystander level of someone that took stock of your surroundings. You made sure to cover your tracks, and the time stamps don't look bad for you if you assume BR posted at the exact moment of recruitment. I'm saying you could have known for -who knows how long- before that that you were recruited, and had a good alibi to back you up by looking at presumed timing."
-I don't think I can create an alibi, I had no knowledge of BR typing a post. Based upon what you had said and your theory, saw the new teammate and wrote and submitted that entire post, with only a 6 min difference of BR typing out the recruitment post. Would I have written out a post that long only to throw it away had BR posted 6 min earlier? Forcibly creating an alibi based on what the hosts do seems damn near impossible from a logical perspective, so why would I try?

"Well it was 1 hour and 23 minutes after to be precise, but you missed the main idea of this point in that she literally didn't post from Friday Aug 28th @ 2p- with her responses before her absence of basically "guysss, I don't like arguments or confrontations." as her initial defense- to Sunday Aug 30th @ 12:56a where she says she is "happy to address questions". I know this doesn't do much to shed light on your decisions, since she's already dead and gone, but this didn't read to most of the rest of the crowd as a person that was on the civ side, and was a good bet to be bad."
-You are correct, I didn't see this pattern
"You did that to yourself for defending her so avidly. I don't think TinyBubbles was thinking about framing anyone."
-You are also correct here... I made the mistake in judging her, but in a scenario where I had the same judgement I would've defended her again.
"From my viewpoint, it's something like this, replacing the material, of course: "
-First off, that video is still funny. Secondly, I began defending myself heavily and prematurely because it was obvious that this implicates me. Only a fool would think otherwise. I thought what I was doing was right. I flubbed, but I'm willing to fix what I can.

Tranq, I'd appreciate it if you responded to my response to you. I commented and you didn't say anything about it. Otherwise your vote looks somewhat like a "Just because" vote.
I love all of your posts Wilgy, and especially this one. :clap:
Bullzeye wrote:Mafia is hard. Compiling those three big posts took me nearly 7 hours all told. Granted there were breaks and I've been posting to the thread while typing up the last one. It's nearly 2am now!

Linki DH - Fair enough! That makes more sense.
Kudos to you for doing that work though. Hopefully you are recruited as a consolation (if you haven't been already).
Long Con wrote:DharmaHelper was not lynched. It is now Night 6.
Dammit.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Immediate thought about the attempted lynch of DrWilgy:

It stunk. I hated the lynch all day phase long and wished I could do something about it.
I completely agree.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:For me, this single sentence is a better argument against DrWilgy than the entire notion of his defense of TinyBubbles:

The game roster at large tried to lynch him and did not succeed.
So do you think he is bad, or....?
If he is bad, I think he's on team Azura and not team Ubbybear.

Gun to my head, I'd predict not bad.
Now that is a bold claim.
Long Con wrote:DharmaHelper was not killed by Ubzargan.
DAMMIT
Long Con wrote:JaggedJimmyJay was not killed by the Brutal Executioner, but he WAS killed by the Rogue Mercenary.
Aw shit. :rip:
Ricochet wrote:Also, where the hell has MM vanished?
I even stated I would be MIA. :shrug:
Long Con wrote:DrWilgy has been lynched. He was the Seeker of the Way, and was recruited to Team Caelia.
This is quite possibly the worst thing ever.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dammit.
DAMMIT
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I have to give up on my re-reads habit. It's killing my RL. Image

I'm at MM now and want to kill myself.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You're at me?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nevermind, I see what you're saying.

What did you come up with while rereading me?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thellama73 wrote:I get the arguments against voting Syn, but to me it's an Occam's razor sort of scenario. The thread was locked immediately after Wilgy took the lead in the poll. The most simple explanation is that Synonym's team is protecting him. The other two explanations are that Syn himself is the thread locker or else the thread locker just did it to throw us off the track, but I find both of those considerably less likely.

We went down this same rabbit hole with TinyBubbles, trying to second guess ourselves, but in thta case it turned out that the simple answer was true. I think this will be the same.
Remember that Ubziwikipedia locked the thread.
So you propose either:
a) Ubnerwear is protecting him
b) Syn is Ubzilch
c) Could be a set-up.

Points against Syn:
a) Wilgy voted him last cycle.
b) Thread was mysteriously locked 10 minutes after the tie between Syn and Wilgy was broken.
c) His defense was unconvincing to some

For Syn:
a) He could have nothing to do with the thread lock, and Uzblech may have just wanted to curb it 6 hours before the deadline while NEITHER player in the lead was on his team, so the timing of BWT's voting could be irrelevant.
b) Would mafia come out so blatantly and say that he would out his teammates if he were mafia?
c) If he didn't send in a PM, then he's probably not lying about that, and his story would check out.

Looking at timing, the thread lock happened at 7:20. The thread poll technically ended at 1:16 am, basically 6 hours from then.

Based on this knowledge, I think Unzer was going to lock the thread at that time anyway.

BR posts at 7:09 asking if people would be all right ending the day at 10ish, which tells me Ubzabooger hadn't sent in his thread lock request yet.
BWT posts at 7:!0 breaking the tie. This tells me he had been typing that out before BR posted the time curtailment. Could just be poor, coincidental timing on his part to break the tie at that moment, because it looks bad as a simple answer.

Long answer- We never got a confirmation of ending the day at 10, so Ublark could have just waited til the regular deadline to be sure.

Now the other thing I haven't looked at is TH's role in this. He had 4 votes at the time of the thread stop. Before that, in a matter of 30 minutes from 6:30-7p, 5 people (Wilgy, KoR, SVS, Devin, DH) piled on their votes for Syn. I don't know what prompted that. I really don't. At that point, TH (who didn't vote all that day, interestingly enough) had 4 votes already. So this sudden chinese fire drill of sorts looks pretty :ponder: . Wilgy did start it after Rico put it there early on, but we never heard of why he switched it.

Responses to voting Syn:

KoR:
Keeper Of Ravens wrote:I am voting for Synonym. Although I have not yet had the chance to say a lot, he has had plenty of time and has not said much.

Vote: Synonym
SVS:
S~V~S wrote:Yeah, i think I will vote for Synonym. I don't love the No U aspect of this, but he posted a flawed case, then did not stick around to discuss it with me. Plus Russti pretty clearly was playing a blendy game and was doing so from the opening bell. I feel more strongly abou this than about TH and convenient or not, I don't like voting for the silenced.

*Votes Synonym*
DH:
DharmaHelper wrote:I think I might try voting with SVS instead of for SVS.
Devin:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I think I've changed my vote 3 times now. I want it to be worth something but I also don't want to vote a potentially silenced player. I've been in those shoes before. voted synonym. This is a sloppy :parrot: vote but I've been sick for 2 days now.
Those sound like mostly flimsy reasons. KoR doesn't like Syn's inactivity, SVS acknowledges a NO-U aspect, and references Russ's blendy play, DH just wants to vote with SVS for some reason, Devin was sick and wants his vote "to be worth something".

Hmmmmmmmm. I really don't like any of those reasons.

I might switch my vote back to TH today. I think Syn may have more going for him as a scapegoat for Ubzarg and team more than anything.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nevermind, I see what you're saying.

I dunno, I haven't started, because dinner.

You could help me out. Are you bad?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dammit.
DAMMIT
I fucking hate that gif because it gets used on JTM all the time.

But this made me :haha: :haha:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nevermind, I see what you're saying.

I dunno, I haven't started, because dinner.

You could help me out. Are you bad?
No. I hope that helps.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dammit.
DAMMIT

Hi Scotty. How's it going? How are you feeling about UzyBalooney?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dammit.
DAMMIT

Hi Scotty. How's it going? How are you feeling about UzyBalooney?
I'm feeling we shouldn't lynch him today. What say you?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

We can't lynch him today. Well, I did give some "planet-aligning-like" multi-role scenario in which we might have a chance, but it's not muh to hope for. Doesn't mean we couldn't target him (remember the 'outing' angle?). Doesn't mean we can't talk about who he might be (wink wink nudge nudge).
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:We can't lynch him today. Well, I did give some "planet-aligning-like" multi-role scenario in which we might have a chance, but it's not muh to hope for. Doesn't mean we couldn't target him (remember the 'outing' angle?). Doesn't mean we can't talk about who he might be (wink wink nudge nudge).
Precisely.

DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 177

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dammit.
DAMMIT
:srsnod: and it's all the GTF'rs fault... I thought I was safe here...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:We can't lynch him today. Well, I did give some "planet-aligning-like" multi-role scenario in which we might have a chance, but it's not muh to hope for. Doesn't mean we couldn't target him (remember the 'outing' angle?). Doesn't mean we can't talk about who he might be (wink wink nudge nudge).
Precisely.
Shouldn't =/= can't.

linki: One time only (or is it? :dark:). I went back to JTM to get the cry emoticon, then MM's post inspired me to use this as well.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:
Precisely.
So let's lynch Azura?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Precisely.
So let's lynch Azura?
Great idea. Do you have any leads on who Azura is?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Precisely.
So let's lynch Azura?
Great idea. Do you have any leads on who Azura is?
Negative. It sounds like you don't either?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”