47%

Total votes: 15
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Re: Night 2 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Larry David »

Ok let me test my understanding of my thread read:

LC2 is being suspected because it is perceived by some that he was pushing a Synonym lynch. In his defense he pointed out that he had just been repeating himself because people had been bringing up his reasons and he had been responding.

Synonym is being suspected because it is perceived by some that the things LC2 were pushing (or not) on were true, including his being a baddie for naming 5 names with no other explanation as being mafia. Synonym's defense of this is that he was just calling out names in a trolling sense and not serious about them.

I can't figure out why Sig is suspected so I will read through just his posts and see if I can find something, or maybe one of you who suspect him can tell me why.

At this point, without any additional information it seems like both LC2 and Synonym 2 could be civs. I am though, having a hard time discerning whether Syn 2's reaction to all this is cornered baddie or genuinely frustrated civ.

I feel sure there are nuances or other facts that i am missing in this relationship between the two or about one of them so please add on anything you think I got twisted or missed.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Jack Shephard »

First, though, I'll be voting Biblical. There finally are several games in the poll that I've took part in, but that one was a LOT of fun and a LOT of work and a LOT of win.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Dom 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:I was pretty stellar in Shawshank Redemption.
I think that was less Dom being stellar, and more S~V~S being insane (Dom was the SK in that game, got killed, and then she resurrected him quite late into the game, for anyone not in the know).
We don't have to talk too much about the details.

Tell me, who are you looking at voting tomorrow?

Linki: Dang boo, you're being harsh too.
Lol, sure.

I'm not voting a different way until one of us is dead, so it doesn't take much looking to know I'll be voting Synonym 2 tomorrow.

If he were not on the poll, I'd probably start by looking at Sig 2 and Elohcin 2, since they are both people Gamer Guy 2 discussed being suspicious of, and I tend to listen to my doctors.

There's also a considerable number of fairly low posters, but since I expect tomorrow will be a bunch of third missed votes, and that's the cut-off for getting mod-killed, looking there seems like it won't be the best use of time. For any of them that are on that line, but actually start playing now, I'd probably look at them going forward, since not being around and not voting in the early game might just be a cover to avoid getting into trouble early on, and let the civilians pick each other off; which lets face it, is a fairly successful strategy for the baddies on TS.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Black Rock 2 wrote:Ok let me test my understanding of my thread read:

LC2 is being suspected because it is perceived by some that he was pushing a Synonym lynch. In his defense he pointed out that he had just been repeating himself because people had been bringing up his reasons and he had been responding.

Synonym is being suspected because it is perceived by some that the things LC2 were pushing (or not) on were true, including his being a baddie for naming 5 names with no other explanation as being mafia. Synonym's defense of this is that he was just calling out names in a trolling sense and not serious about them.

I can't figure out why Sig is suspected so I will read through just his posts and see if I can find something, or maybe one of you who suspect him can tell me why.

At this point, without any additional information it seems like both LC2 and Synonym 2 could be civs. I am though, having a hard time discerning whether Syn 2's reaction to all this is cornered baddie or genuinely frustrated civ.

I feel sure there are nuances or other facts that i am missing in this relationship between the two or about one of them so please add on anything you think I got twisted or missed.
That's why Long Con 2 was minorly suspicious of Synonym 2 on Day 1, and a reason some people used to justify voting for him that day. On Day 2, it was just myself and Ricochet 2 who voted for Synonym 2, and I know that wasn't my reason for voting for him on Day 1 or Day 2; I'm also fairly sure it was not Ricochet 2's reason for voting for him.

My reason is, that since he was someone who was taking flak, and I thought there was an easy solution to determine whether or not it was justified. I asked my question, "What do you think of your win con?", and Synonym 2 responded, "My thoughts are that it's... civvie".

To my mind, that was not an adequate answer, and I pushed Synonym 2 on it. And then everything that has happened since, happened; and none of that has made me feel any better about him. That stuff is harder to recap, and really just opinion, so if you can't remember it, I'd hope you'd go back and read Synonym 2 again to get a better feel for it.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I think only "Epignosis" and "DrWilgy" are in danger of missing the third vote, but the former seems to be finally picking it up.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Golden 2 wrote:I think only "Epignosis" and "DrWilgy" are in danger of missing the third vote, but the former seems to be finally picking it up.
Ok, I hadn't looked it over, I just knew there were around ten missing votes in the last lynch, and that the first wasn't much better. I figured it would be more like 3 or 4 at risk of being mod-killed.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Young Lady »

When I have time I'm gonna reassess the game in light of the TGG switch.

For now though I might be less active for a couple days. I'm moving to a different shift for training for the time being, it's going to be so much fun. :rolleyes:
Supervisor
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Golden »

Golden 2 wrote:First, though, I'll be voting Biblical. There finally are several games in the poll that I've took part in, but that one was a LOT of fun and a LOT of work and a LOT of win.
And G-Man was a complete ass and the bestest btsc partner, that was so much fun.

But the epi-hosted win I'm most proud of is Roger Rabbit.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I have a lot of catch up to do. Sorry, real life hit me with a bus. So a lynch pardon and a lynch switch? Hopefully next lynch goes smoothly.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 15
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

RIP Gamer Guy 2/Wilgy :( Sad to see that role go. Lots to think about.

Tough poll choice with so many good games! I'm going with Biblical, because I worked sooooo hard in that one, despite the end result, and it made me laugh so much :D
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Golden wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:First, though, I'll be voting Biblical. There finally are several games in the poll that I've took part in, but that one was a LOT of fun and a LOT of work and a LOT of win.
And G-Man was a complete ass and the bestest btsc partner, that was so much fun.

But the epi-hosted win I'm most proud of is Roger Rabbit.
shoo
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Paul Stevens »

SVS 2 wrote:When I have time I'm gonna reassess the game in light of the TGG switch.

For now though I might be less active for a couple days. I'm moving to a different shift for training for the time being, it's going to be so much fun. :rolleyes:
Now that you mention it, who would go after Gamer Guy 2 when he was acting like the real Gamer Guy?

I'd bet it is someone from JTM, and possibly even the real Gamer Guy. I know I said before that trying to find out who the real players behind the socks are would be unproductive, but I think I'll be eating my words.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

Synonym 2 wrote:
Cookie 2 wrote:I know I have been flogging the "civ/civ" horse pretty hard, but even i am having a hard time thinking either of you are civ at this point, LC & Syn. Especially you, Syn, since you & Sig both seem to know something about the Day One lynch that the rest of us don't.
OMG???? YOU MEAN I KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THE DAY ONE LYNCH????????? LIKE SOMETHING THAT I DID TO IT??????? LIKE USING MY ABILITY TO PARDON MYSELF IN CASE I GOT LYNCHED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

UR RIGHT THE REST OF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT BECAUSE I TOTALLY DIDN'T TELL THE TRUTH ALREADY

Holy fucking shit, just lynch me already. I cannot bear this stupidity. Get me out of this game.

Wow. What I was talking about was how the you & Sig both seemed to think LC was also lynched Day One; you both said "again", even though you yourself said that YOU were lynched Day One. Something does not add up. That "oh it was another game" sounds weak to me. Sorry if this gets me another tirade, but so be it.
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: TSM Polls

Post by fingersplints »

Gro-oo-ovy
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Day 3 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Roxy »

The Book of Mafia
Chapter 11 verses 3-7

3Roxdom and Splintsmorrah were always known as the party twin cities. They were famous for their whores and tequila. People died getting there but if they made it - they thought the towns were Heaven on Earth.

4Golden 2 had been told a prophecy by friends but he did worship whores and left henceforth.5 He had been on a bender for days!! Drinking and whoring certainly had been rapturous but he was led astray and won a treasure playing dice and decided to head home to give his old Mother some of his ill gotten gains.

A whore heeded him warning if he left a great tragedy would befall him. He laughed and headed out of town. 7Thunder roared! Butterflies died! Cats were barking and Dogs were crowing! BLAM! Golden 2 smited into a pillar of salt.
The Hostesses took the pillar of salt to use on their fries and there was sadness yet rejoicing at the free salt.

Golden 2 is dead. He was Gamer Guy your civvie Tracker. :(

It is now Day 3. Find out who is sharing Fries with the Hostesses and using way too much salt!
;)
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Scratch everything I said this past night period.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Wow that's weak. Bye Golden 2 :wave:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Someone wrote:"EV-REH-BUDDEN CHILL." - Mr. Freeze. And let's lynch Long Con.
Gro-oo-ovy
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

RIP gamer guy. :(

And I voted.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

who fucking dared
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

Dom 2 wrote:
SVS 2 wrote:When I have time I'm gonna reassess the game in light of the TGG switch.

Now that you mention it, who would go after Gamer Guy 2 when he was acting like the real Gamer Guy?

I'd bet it is someone from JTM, and possibly even the real Gamer Guy. I know I said before that trying to find out who the real players behind the socks are would be unproductive, but I think I'll be eating my words.
I think there is definite validity in identifying the foot behind the sock. I know who mine is, and I know which alignment I wanted to make myself. Whether or not Roxy and splints gave any credence to my preference is yet to be seen.

Also identifying someone's play style can help identify their meta. Like, for instance, synonym 2 is either playing a very good fake Cobalt, or is Cobalt.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Oops I missed the night post- RIP golden 2/gamer guy

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Llama 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:

I think there is definite validity in identifying the foot behind the sock. I know who mine is, and I know which alignment I wanted to make myself. Whether or not Roxy and splints gave any credence to my preference is yet to be seen.

Also identifying someone's play style can help identify their meta. Like, for instance, synonym 2 is either playing a very good fake Cobalt, or is Cobalt.
I doubt that preference for the sort of role you like played into what role your '2' version actually is. Golden 2 would have wound up being some sort of independent, that the real Golden would play as civilian-friendly.

Tracker does not really scream Golden, at least for me.

It would also make finding baddies pretty simple, since anyone who said that that is their preference; and isn't bad in their sock, would just be able to come out and say we should lynch their '2' account
dunya
Turnip Head
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I doubt that the hosts would have the perfect ratio for balance if they made us our socks preference (which is what I think is being implied). Like I know that I am the affiliation that my socks REAL person would like. That led me to keep an eye on my alter ego, but so far so good. I think it would be obvious, and not all that fair.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Song of Time

At first all he could feel is darkness. Darkness and pain. What good is a triforce of courage in the face of lightening? he thought. All of a sudden, he felt a faint warmth start to grow around him. He heard something in the distance. Was that music someone was playing? The song grew louder in his ears until it seemed to transport him to another time altogether.

The Hero of time stood up. He picked up his Biggoron sword and walked out of the Temple of Time.

Golden 2 has been resurrected.
Gro-oo-ovy
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

BASED

HEY, SCUM

So yeah, ignore the previous post and let us return the smooth broadcast of Golden.

but seriously scum don't ever pull that shit again
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:

I doubt that preference for the sort of role you like played into what role your '2' version actually is. Golden 2 would have wound up being some sort of independent, that the real Golden would play as civilian-friendly.

Tracker does not really scream Golden, at least for me.

It would also make finding baddies pretty simple, since anyone who said that that is their preference; and isn't bad in their sock, would just be able to come out and say we should lynch their '2' account
Balance is important and I can't imagine everyone would get what they preferred.
Another possibility is the alignment preference was hypothetically given to the actual player, so no matter which sock they receive, they have a good chance of becoming that alignment.
Cookie 2 wrote:I doubt that the hosts would have the perfect ratio for balance if they made us our socks preference (which is what I think is being implied). Like I know that I am the affiliation that my socks REAL person would like. That led me to keep an eye on my alter ego, but so far so good. I think it would be obvious, and not all that fair.
So you know that Cookie would be want to be good?
And are you saying your alter ego (or your real iteration, what have you) has a penchant to be bad?

Knowing 1 for 1 that your alter ego is probably a different alignment is not game breaking. If we can't info dump, only you would know the alignment of your shadow. Unless there are other BTSC teams besides mafia roaming around.

linki: WB Golden 2/Gamer Guy! Good to have you back!

ImageImageImage
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Yay Golden Welcome Back :D

And Llama, I hought it was common knowledge that Cookie hated being bad; Epignosis went after her hard in a game specifically for that reason, and I played that game. As I said, I have been watching my alter ego, and have not been alarmed so far. So I think it is a coincidence that I am the affiliation Cookie would have preferred since balance is more than a question of peoples role preferences in a questionnaire, and our hostesses are very experienced.

I do wonder about third party roles, though.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Sockys2023 »

Day 3 with a single player having died. I can't help but feel like this game is going nowhere fast. I wonder if I can slow down day phase by eating raw molasses.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

boo 2 wrote:Day 3 with a single player having died. I can't help but feel like this game is going nowhere fast. I wonder if I can slow down day phase by eating raw molasses.
:haha:

ImageImageImage
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

yay
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lipsticklacey still autovoting me lol
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Welcome back and congrats on your rezz Golden 2, assuming of course that you are good. I'll be gone to see about the horses part of the day tomorrow but will be back in plenty of time for discussion.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Black Rock 2 wrote:Welcome back and congrats on your rezz Golden 2, assuming of course that you are good. I'll be gone to see about the horses part of the day tomorrow but will be back in plenty of time for discussion.
What do you mean "assuming of course that you are good" he is writeup mod-confirmed as town are you serious

BR2 slipping into my scum reads.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

why do people suspect long con
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Synonym 2 wrote:
Black Rock 2 wrote:Welcome back and congrats on your rezz Golden 2, assuming of course that you are good. I'll be gone to see about the horses part of the day tomorrow but will be back in plenty of time for discussion.
What do you mean "assuming of course that you are good" he is writeup mod-confirmed as town are you serious

What do you mean he is write-up mod-confirmed as town? You mean because his role was revealed as town? Wasn't there conversation earlier in the game about there being a possible seemer in this game because it was in the host survey? Personally, I will have some doubt about any death that is a civ death because of that risk. Something I learned from past mafia playing.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Impossible Trivia
Guitar Hero Edition

Most everyone had a favorite guitarist. Some were left undecided.

But ALL 27 people responded, including your Hostesses,

4 people chose Jimi Hendrix as their favorite guitarist.

Be the first to list all 4 correctly to win a fabulous prize!
Only 1 guess of 4 per PM.
You may guess more than once AFTER first getting a response from your Hostesses.

(I was going to make you all do more but I thought we would start small.)
;)
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:why do people suspect long con
why don't people suspect you?

ImageImageImage
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

Lacey someone had asked you a question about something and you disappeared. You returned to post a picture of a turtle but still ignored them. Why?
Lunalee
nutella
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Synonym 2 wrote:

You never know, with seemers possibly in play.

That being said, I don't feel any badness emanating from him so far. He seems like a golden child to me. :grin:

I do want to go back to night 1 and the lack of a kill. I'm wondering if one of the replacements could be part of the dark side. That Roxy/splints affirmed that there were "a lot" of missed PMs makes me wonder if that had anything to do with it. I thought before it could have been a protect or block, but now I'm not so sure...

ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Llama 2 wrote:That Roxy/splints affirmed that there were "a lot" of missed PMs
This reminds me - before any asks I will say there were 3 missed PM's last night.
It's getting better!
;)
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lookin' handsome Roxy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Bass 2 wrote:Lacey someone had asked you a question about something and you disappeared. You returned to post a picture of a turtle but still ignored them. Why?
If by "someone" you mean Synonym, yes, like I said, I'm done talking with him. I'm not going to try and engage with a brick wall that just has a temper tantrum every now and again, it's a waste of time.

"Disappeared" also isn't really accurate, I was around, posting, then left. Just because Synonym 2 expected an immediate response because it suited him doesn't make what he said true.

And the fact that you can remember that it was me, someone, and something, all really seems selective and disconcerting to me. So :eye: on you.
dunya
Turnip Head
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Guitar Hero Edition trivia has been answered. :guitar:
Gro-oo-ovy
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Golden 2 wrote:Image
I suspected you yesterday, but I don't really suspect you anymore. :)
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:And the fact that you can remember that it was me, someone, and something, all really seems selective and disconcerting to me. So :eye: on you.
Aside from "disconcerting", what conclusion would you draw from what I said?
Lunalee
nutella
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Roxy wrote:Impossible Trivia
Guitar Hero Edition

Most everyone had a favorite guitarist. Some were left undecided.

But ALL 27 people responded, including your Hostesses,

4 people chose Jimi Hendrix as their favorite guitarist.

Be the first to list all 4 correctly to win a fabulous prize!
Only 1 guess of 4 per PM.
You may guess more than once AFTER first getting a response from your Hostesses.

(I was going to make you all do more but I thought we would start small.)
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Bass 2 wrote:Lacey someone had asked you a question about something and you disappeared. You returned to post a picture of a turtle but still ignored them. Why?
If by "someone" you mean Synonym, yes, like I said, I'm done talking with him. I'm not going to try and engage with a brick wall that just has a temper tantrum every now and again, it's a waste of time.

"Disappeared" also isn't really accurate, I was around, posting, then left. Just because Synonym 2 expected an immediate response because it suited him doesn't make what he said true.
You never answered me when I asked you how it reflected once it was host-confirmed that I was TELLING THE TRUTH.

But okay, keep living in that little world and see where it gets you when I get lynched and flip town.

Can we all please lynch me toDay? lol.

Return to “Previous Jobs”