Roxy is awesome!
47%

Total votes: 15
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Re: Day 4 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Okay, but no, seriously, back to Lipsticklacey 2.

She was downright wrong for three phases. Never letting up, never considering any other option. So set in the world where I was scum that she blew off my apology because of a comment I made turning the attention back to lynching "Scum Con". Who, might I point out, WAS ACTUALLY SCUM AND I WAS RIGHT.

She refused to answer my questions prodding her further after the hosts confirmed that ties were randomized, thus giving some sort of credibility to my ability, claiming that she "didn't want to deal with me" or some utter bullshit that y'all let slide under your noses without taking a whiff.

There's no reason for her to do with and be WILLFULLY ignorant of other worlds. There is no reason a town player should completely disregard all worlds in which one of their suspicions is not mafia. That is not a towny thing to do and in my experience a major scum-spew to be ignorant of the fact that you might actually be wrong when you're trying to push on a specific target.

And yes, I pissed her off - I apologized genuinely, whereas she flaunted it in my face so now I'm aggravated.

I did nothing but tell the straight up truth for the first three Days and she was one of the MAIN reasons why mud kept getting slung at me.

She built a case against Black Rock 2 that was flimsy at best and easily refuted by the latter player, and she's actually given little of note to this game.

If she isn't town, she's just straight up bad, and I'm not keeping that around.

Vote For Lipsticklacey 2 2K15
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

^EBWOP: If she IS town on that last line. Woops.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Gunther »

I was also downright wrong. I don't think synonym is LC's teammate. I'm not going to vote synonym today, even though I think a second team is possible, but we have no evidence of it. Anyway, if anyone is on a second team, I'm looking squarely at llama and boo, both of who seemed confused about why golden would be alive when the answer seemed obvious to me (no double targetting). My immediate thought was they knew they had killed golden the night before and it wouldn't be double targetting.

When I get a moment I'll do a Rico-esque post, but I'm looking at the following in particular so far today: boo, llama, elohcin, cookie, MM. I don't agree with the points raised on BR or lacey yet so I'd have to be convinced, and don't see any reason to suspect anyone else right now.

I've been really sick - up during the night, sleeping during the day, I'm not in good shape. I'm trying to contribute as much as I can so sorry if its not as much as I would like, hopefully it passes in a day or two.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Paul Stevens »

Cobalt 2 wrote:
Cookie 2 wrote:I know I have been flogging the "civ/civ" horse pretty hard, but even i am having a hard time thinking either of you are civ at this point, LC & Syn. Especially you, Syn, since you & Sig both seem to know something about the Day One lynch that the rest of us don't.
This looks like you BACKED OFF in a big way when it looked like Scum Con was going down, but then you made Synonym your prime target while tossing sig into the mix.

I don't even know how to make a scum name for cookie because I like cookies. But you are a Scum Cookie.
I'd probably vote for Cookie.

It's late though, and I've got other players to read tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Too bad Synonym had to jump on the lacey vote so quickly.
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rachel Green »

OK I'm back sorry I have been uber busy lately. I'm just catching up.
Syn 2 I have one question for you. Why are you so quick to wave the "look I was right and long con was scum so so I must be civ." Flag it screams wifom.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Young Lady »

I'm not going to be here much today, I'm going out with friends. I'll definitely miss the end of the day. I'm voting for Elo.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Jack Shephard »

Cookie 2 wrote:I usually know who killed me when i get killed. Not for a fact, but i have a good idea. One of the best things about coming back from the dead is that you bring your hindsight back with you.

I don't know how many times I had a facepalm moment after I had been NKed or otherwise done to death, "Of course, that's who killed me".

I was looking for that kind of insight. It was not nefearious or intended to entrap you, Scouts Honor :)
That's fine, I never implied your question was tricksworthy, I just operate differently (and believe most of the others do, too). If I'll have a good hunch about who might have killed me, I'd probably slip it in my case-making. In other words, my hindsight would turn into a subtle form of pursuing my killers, rather than speaking openly about who whacked me and why. Plus, I can't say I have the same spidey senses as you do, in general, or at least in this case there's really not much to draw from. Again, I believe I was likely put early on mute without any important breadcrumbs to leave behind, rather than being put later on mute for being on to something (except if I was already on to something regarding players such as "MM" or "Llama" :shrug: ).
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Re: Night 3 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

SVS 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
SVS 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
Synonym 2 wrote:NO UR RIGHT IM TOTALLY SCUM AFTER BEING RIGHT ABOUT LONG CON FOR THE ENTIRE FUCKING GAME

BYE
oh do we know there's only one baddie team?
anything?????
This interpretation isn't far removed from "how does Synonym know there are five baddies?" :suspish:
Yes, it is.

Synonym quietly exonerating themself from any further suspicion by subtly putting this forward is very different than a slip that I thought might have merit on Day 1.

Start actually reading my posts, please.
How was Synonym "quietly exonerating himself"? He shouted at everyone in caps lock. I think you have to fish in this Syn post to arrive at the point you made, and I felt the same way about LC2's accusation of Syn on day 1. Hence the comparison.

What do you mean by the last sentence? What suggests to you that I'm not reading your posts?
No you don't have to *fish* to come to the conclusion that in a game where we do not know any role breakdowns, Synonym used his right standing on ONE issue to exonerate him for the rest of the game. That is suspicious to me. We don't know if there's independents, neutrals, recruiters, a second baddie team... we just don't know. Being right about one baddie does not exclude you from those other groups. In some cases, it wouldn't even exclude you from being in the group you were right about! But hey-- dismiss me, everyone. Just like you have all fucking game.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Golf »

It's Synonym, you guys. Vote Synonym.
Fractal
sprityo
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Saito »

Why Timmer?

I find Elohcin 2 suspicious and could vote for them day 1, however, i'm also curios about MetalMarsh 2 posts about Synonym.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Epignosis 2 wrote:Why Timmer?

I find Elohcin 2 suspicious and could vote for them day 1, however, i'm also curios about MetalMarsh 2 posts about Synonym.
I see that you missed the Day 1 vote, but I don't think voting for her on Day 1 now will help. Image
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Players I still need to ISO.
  • Black Rock 2
    Epignosis 2
    Lipsticklacey 2
    Llama 2
    Metalmarsh 2
    Reywas 2
    Ricochet 2
    Scotty 2
    Sig 2
    SVS 2
    Synonym 2
    Timmer 2
    Turnip Head 2
I've taken Golden off the list because he's already flipped town.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Dom 2 wrote:

I see that you missed the Day 1 vote, but I don't think voting for her on Day 1 now will help. Image

I like alcohol and forgot how to spell :meany:

today*
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Day 1 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Paul Stevens »

Sig 2

Votes
  • Day 1 - Long Con
    Day 2 - missed
    Day 3 - Long Con

Here is Sig's first on-topic post. Now I think I see what Cookie kept pushing the suspicion onto him. Sig says he will eye anyone who pushes the Synonym thing as a slip. On the other hand, Sig never really pursued anyone, including myself who voted for Synonym and supported Long Con's case on Day One. He did vote for Long Con at a crucial time on Day One. Sig himself had one vote, but he made the vote a 3-3 tie between Long Con and Synonym at the time.
Spoiler: show
Sig 2 wrote:I looked back, and Syn 2 listed five names, he never said "are the five baddies" or anything that would be a true ping. I will be eyeing people who push that as a slip. :eye:
Sig disagrees with Gamer Guy, pointing out that it is a civilians job to call a case bullshit.

The thing is, Sig never called a case bullshit. He preemptively stated that anyone who wants to make this case on Synonym is making a bullshit case. But those are just details.

Sig later votes Long Con for tunnelling, but I've touched on that already.
Sig 2 wrote:
Gamer Guy 2 wrote:
Sig 2 wrote:I looked back, and Syn 2 listed five names, he never said "are the five baddies" or anything that would be a true ping. I will be eyeing people who push that as a slip. :eye:
Why, because listing 5 while saying "Mafia is" is not the same? Sig, are you trying to scare people into not looking into something that may end up as revealing?

No civ should have any reason to defend Syn for saying something like that.
I completely disagree! If a case smells like bullshit, it's a player's job to call it out as such, because often, the bullshit cases come from the mafia. This is what civs do. Ignoring the shiftiness of a case because it doesn't involve you is what an indie or a baddie does.

Vote me if you need to, but I stand by what I said. And I'm unable to post much right now due to work hours, it's unavoidable.
Sig 2 wrote:And I'm voting Long Con II. His weird tunnelling of Synonym's post is not civvie play, to me.
Day 2, Sig says he will vote Long Con, but misses the vote. Not much to see here.
Sig 2 wrote:I will likely be voting for Long Con II again. I'm also under the weather and tired. I'll be able to post more hopefully tomorrow.
Sig 2 wrote:Sorry for missing the vote everyone, I've got one of the worst flus I've ever had and I'm barely functioning right now. I'll try to right the ship once I'm well enough. :(

And Long Con survived again?
Day 3, Sig votes for Long Con again, this time in a successful lynch.
Sig 2 wrote:Long Con says it will take more votes to lynch him, so I've obliged. I still think he is scum. Apologies for my continued lack of posting, I'm quite ill.

The odd thing about this whole ISO is that Sig has only talked about one player. I want to hear more from him. It's great that he "called" Long Con on his case early on and pushed it, but he was not the first one to call Long Con on it. He said he was going to eye any player who wanted to lynch Synonym, but never looked at anyone but Long Con.

I've learned a couple things from playing with Elohcin when she is bad. She is perfectly okay with being bussed if she feels like she slipped or made a mistake in the game thread. Also, in this case, she had a role with a lynch switch, so the baddies could get credit for voting for her on one of the early days, and trying to ride that. Worth a thought.

I don't think Cookie and Sig are both baddies though. One or the other, but not both.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Epignosis 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:

I like alcohol and forgot how to spell :meany:

today*
Tbh you're the worst Epignosis ever.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

:P
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

On an unrelated note, the four players to die so far this game are both renditions of Gamerguy and both renditions of Long Con.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

how
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Larry David »

I am considering an Elochin 2 vote but there are a couple of people I want to look into. One is Cookie 2:

Cookie 2
Posts 1,2,3: Off topic posts about yay game, cookies, and sock accounts.
Post 4: Not sure that people having info on the polls makes a difference.
Post 5: Asks how long the hosts will wait for Epi and Wilgy to check in
Post 6: Would vote for a no show before random. Doesn't know if baddies have bts.
Post 7: Defends LC by saying she thought he was trying to start discussion not stifle it. Brings up point that Synonym's comment about the skin in sock accounts seems like he knows whats going on in more than one sock account. Asks LC why he specifically asked her the question.
Post 8: need to read and catch up
Post 9: Says she agreed with most of what timmer says up to this point: llama suggests Timmer look at Gamer Guy and why he is a mafia. Timmer agrees. Cookie points out that llama just pointed a finger with no reason and Timmer agreed - why? Then she quotes the discussion stifling discussion which she talked about last post and said it reminded her that though she did not think LC tried to stifle discussion he did address it to her for no reason. Like he thought she would pick up and run with it and be wrong and then be blamed for a lynch. Then answers Syn by saying he did not say "my sock's skin" but "the forum's sock skins" like he knew about more than one. Says the point of all this is she agreed with timmer except when she didn't, LC gives her the heebie jeebies, and TGG sounds pretty civ up to this point. Also is bothered by Sigs comment that he would eyeball anyone who looked at Syn with a dumb reason. Could be genuine or could be a mafia tactic.
Post 10: Quotes Sig saying Syn never said the 5 names were baddie and therefore there was nothing to be a ping. Cookie points out a ping is an individual thing and Sig couldn't speak for everyone. Also says maybe she is reacting to his tone.
Post 11: Vote post for Sig. Quotes sig saying Syn never said the 5 names were baddie and says thats the reason for her vote.
Post 12: (after lynch) says result is intriguing, especially the part where Syn volunteers he stopped the lynch. Sounds like a civ power but she would use it as a baddie since it does sound like a civ power. What got her attention is Elochin voting for MM at 23 and reywas voting for epig at 25. Either could have broken the tie since 24 was LC voting to save himslef. Wants to know if either of them had any opinions before they voted. Voted fight club.
Post 13: throw away post
Post 14: Admonishes Syn for his reaction to Lacey. Asks if we should just believe him at face value. Says she does not think Lacey is horrible (for potential tunneling of Syn).
Post 15: Explains to Syn this is mafia we call each other liars all the time.
Post 16: Says she feels the hostility is one sided and not really personal
Post 17: I AM GOING TO PAUSE HERE AND PUT THE REST IN ANOTHER POST BECAUSE THIS ONE IS BECOMING TOO LONG
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Night 2 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Paul Stevens »

Epignosis 2

Votes
  • Day 1 - missed
    Day 2 - missed
    Day 3 - Long Con

His vote record doesn't say much. He did break a 4-4 tie between Long Con and Synonym on Day 3, but nothing aside from that. Was this guy replaced Night 2 or something? That was his first post.

So Night 2, comes in and comments on the current events. He says he wil vote Long Con or Sig on the next day.
Epignosis 2 wrote:Will be completely active the twenty second, just checking in, alot of nothing has happened so far, except for Gamer Guy 2 death. I want go for a Long Con or Sig lynch that is all. :srsnod:

I'm watching synonym atm :eye:
On Day 3, he questions Long Con's lynch switch, and also states he's not interested in voting Synonym based on his identity.
Epignosis 2 wrote:If Synonym 2 is who Llama 2 says he is, which I believe could be true then I would be against lynching Syn 2 this phase.

Question: Long Con 2 your saying you switched the lynch from you to Gamer 2 correct? Why did you pick Gamer.
Later Day 3, he says he will look into Elohcin later, and that Synonym and Long Con are his two options today. He offers good reasoning for his vote, and places it on Long Con.
Epignosis 2 wrote:I can read Elochin quite well, however seeing how this isn't really my wife I'm leaning mafia on Elochin 2. I'm leaning mafia for two reasons one is the argument SVS 2 uses as well as Elochin's use of wording such as saying it makes perfect sense and not just makes sense, this imply that they are perfect or that what they are doing/saying is perfect and since being perfect is associated with being good they are trying to imply they are good. :srsnod:

I need to look over some things with Elochin but I will be back to them :mafia:

We have Long Con 2 and Synonym 2 as our options today, a Long Con lynch might result in another day with no lynching, however, I don't like that he was able to avoid a lynch, lynching him may waste another phase, but looking at Synonym 2 and how he is playing I don't think he is a mafia member. For that reason I will be voting for Long Con 2 this phase.
We get some more thoughts from Epignosis on Night 3. He plans on looking into Cobalt, MM, and potentially llama, and has ruled out Synonym as mafia.
Epignosis 2 wrote:With Long Con 2 flipping mafia I find it more likely that Synonym 2 is clean.

Cobalt 2 on the other hand I'm unsure of, I would like to see some posts know that long con is dead they can no longer follow the Cobalt Long con hunt sock game.

One thing I find interesting is that Llama 2 voted for gamer guy 2 day 1, I really don't see his reasoning for that, he is also targeting low posters at the moment I will be watching him.

MetalMarsh 2 is another player of interest to me he defended Long Con 2, voted for Synonym 2 on day 1 then for Cobalt 2 on day 2. So Day 1 he voted to protect Long Con but left that on day 2 and voted solo. His general posting style seems off as well he is leaning mafia to me.

Epignosis looks good to me. A well-timed Day 3 vote and thoughtful, original posts packed in. Even with missing the first two day phases, I don't see him as mafia at all.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Black Rock 2 wrote:I am considering an Elochin 2 vote but there are a couple of people I want to look into. One is Cookie 2:

Cookie 2
Posts 1,2,3: Off topic posts about yay game, cookies, and sock accounts.
Post 4: Not sure that people having info on the polls makes a difference.
Post 5: Asks how long the hosts will wait for Epi and Wilgy to check in
Post 6: Would vote for a no show before random. Doesn't know if baddies have bts.
Post 7: Defends LC by saying she thought he was trying to start discussion not stifle it. Brings up point that Synonym's comment about the skin in sock accounts seems like he knows whats going on in more than one sock account. Asks LC why he specifically asked her the question.
Post 8: need to read and catch up
Post 9: Says she agreed with most of what timmer says up to this point: llama suggests Timmer look at Gamer Guy and why he is a mafia. Timmer agrees. Cookie points out that llama just pointed a finger with no reason and Timmer agreed - why? Then she quotes the discussion stifling discussion which she talked about last post and said it reminded her that though she did not think LC tried to stifle discussion he did address it to her for no reason. Like he thought she would pick up and run with it and be wrong and then be blamed for a lynch. Then answers Syn by saying he did not say "my sock's skin" but "the forum's sock skins" like he knew about more than one. Says the point of all this is she agreed with timmer except when she didn't, LC gives her the heebie jeebies, and TGG sounds pretty civ up to this point. Also is bothered by Sigs comment that he would eyeball anyone who looked at Syn with a dumb reason. Could be genuine or could be a mafia tactic.
Post 10: Quotes Sig saying Syn never said the 5 names were baddie and therefore there was nothing to be a ping. Cookie points out a ping is an individual thing and Sig couldn't speak for everyone. Also says maybe she is reacting to his tone.
Post 11: Vote post for Sig. Quotes sig saying Syn never said the 5 names were baddie and says thats the reason for her vote.
Post 12: (after lynch) says result is intriguing, especially the part where Syn volunteers he stopped the lynch. Sounds like a civ power but she would use it as a baddie since it does sound like a civ power. What got her attention is Elochin voting for MM at 23 and reywas voting for epig at 25. Either could have broken the tie since 24 was LC voting to save himslef. Wants to know if either of them had any opinions before they voted. Voted fight club.
Post 13: throw away post
Post 14: Admonishes Syn for his reaction to Lacey. Asks if we should just believe him at face value. Says she does not think Lacey is horrible (for potential tunneling of Syn).
Post 15: Explains to Syn this is mafia we call each other liars all the time.
Post 16: Says she feels the hostility is one sided and not really personal
Post 17: I AM GOING TO PAUSE HERE AND PUT THE REST IN ANOTHER POST BECAUSE THIS ONE IS BECOMING TOO LONG
Cool beans.

I just read through all of her posts yesterday, so I'll skim your summary of them. But I look forward to your thoughts at the end very much so.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

BR2 I feel like you're dwelling on when you subbed in too much. It feels like you're trying to use that as an excuse for behavior that seems scummy. If you really thought you hadn't done anything "baddie-like" I don't think you would be so defensive of your actions using your sub in as a defense.
Lunalee
nutella
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Bass 2 wrote:BR2 I feel like you're dwelling on when you subbed in too much. It feels like you're trying to use that as an excuse for behavior that seems scummy. If you really thought you hadn't done anything "baddie-like" I don't think you would be so defensive of your actions using your sub in as a defense.
I don't mean to use it as an excuse so if it came off that way I apologize. What scummy behavior are you referring to? What do you mean I'm "so defensive"? I answered lipsticklacey to the best of my ability which is indeed a defense.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Bass 2 wrote:BR2 I feel like you're dwelling on when you subbed in too much. It feels like you're trying to use that as an excuse for behavior that seems scummy. If you really thought you hadn't done anything "baddie-like" I don't think you would be so defensive of your actions using your sub in as a defense.
People are using the excuse that she subbed in after Night 1 as an excuse to frame her as mafia. Is there another way to defend that accusation?

I don't recall players suspecting you or Epignosis 2 for not being around Night 1. The focus on BR doesn't make sense to me.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

In looking for defenses of Scum Con I found this juicy number.
Black Rock 2 wrote:Ok let me test my understanding of my thread read:

LC2 is being suspected because it is perceived by some that he was pushing a Synonym lynch. In his defense he pointed out that he had just been repeating himself because people had been bringing up his reasons and he had been responding.

Synonym is being suspected because it is perceived by some that the things LC2 were pushing (or not) on were true, including his being a baddie for naming 5 names with no other explanation as being mafia. Synonym's defense of this is that he was just calling out names in a trolling sense and not serious about them.

I can't figure out why Sig is suspected so I will read through just his posts and see if I can find something, or maybe one of you who suspect him can tell me why.

At this point, without any additional information it seems like both LC2 and Synonym 2 could be civs. I am though, having a hard time discerning whether Syn 2's reaction to all this is cornered baddie or genuinely frustrated civ.

I feel sure there are nuances or other facts that i am missing in this relationship between the two or about one of them so please add on anything you think I got twisted or missed.
Black Rock 2 wrote:Speaking of voting, I am really torn about Long Con 2. As I said earlier I thought he offered a genuine or believable defense of himself but that defense did not extend to explaining how he had avoided being lynched twice.

The firstpost is night 2 the second post is day 3. Scum Con didnt survive anything night 2, so there was no new information involved.

I also noticed that Scum Con wanted to get Blooper lynched based on two posts.
Long Con 2 wrote:I don't have time to elaborate further until later but I wanted to get something out there. I want to prove to my fellow civs that I can be trusted. Hopefully this will at least foster discussion and I will be back later to converse as well.

I know I have said that I would try to stop playing defense and pay offense instead. I am starting off my suspicions with SVS. I know it my sound as if I am only targeting her because she has been targeting me, but oh well. She is tunneling and I it makes her look bad.

My next suspicion is blooper. She has two posts in the whole game. There is a small number of players participating in the thread. Some of the mafia must be inactive and she seems like a perfect candidate in my opinion.

Lastly, full disclosure, I am still on the fence about Syn. My thoughts of him were that he could have slipped and really knows there are five mafia. I thought his initial reaction was genuine, but that his posts quickly turned sketchy.

Linki: I wish you would have waited. However, I would still like your input on my thoughts.
Black Rock agreed with her in-game husband.
Long Con 2 wrote:
Black Rock 2 wrote:
I thought it was quite odd that blooper 2 had only posted once and then her next post was to ask me when I would be finished reading the thread. I thought at the time maybe she had posted a lot of her thoughts and was pushing me to post mine. Well, she may have been pushing me but she had not posted any thoughts about anyone. Blooper 2, I'd like to know why that was your only meaningful post in the game?
Right, like she was trying to look like a good civilian participant.

@Bass - Why?
I went back and looked at the odd second blooper post. This is it right here
Blooper 2 wrote:Will you catch up tonight and in the morning.
I read this as "I will catch up tonight and in the morning." Was I the only one to read it like that? Probably some phone autocorrect bullshit, but why assume Blooper 2 was asking Black Rock a question that doesn't even make sense?

All of this makes Blcak Rock look like Scum Rock.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

We have some interesting cases against black rock that I will look over.

On MetalMarsh, looking over his beginning posts I like that he said he wouldn't lynch players who hadn't posted mainly since I was one of those players. Llama has suggested that the mafia might be among low/no day 1 players if this is the case MM2 could have just been saying this to save mafia players I doubt that though. He voted for
Synonyms day 1 consistent in his post that he would vote for either Long Con or Synonyms.
He says he will vote for timmer, Apparently he was cursed during this time (can someone confirm this?)
Day 2 he votes for Cobalt 2
@MetalMarsh why did you vote for Cobalt?

Metal brings up a good point about the mafia team, and talks about people being rude. His argument about Synonyms (two mafia teams) is interesting, not sure what to make of it I would like to hear why timmer is voting for Synonyms before weighing in either way. His slight defense of Long Con has pinged me though this was mentioned by Llama who I'm unsure of.
I'm unsure of MetalMarsh but would rather not lynch him at this point.

Quick note I like Black Rock post about Cookie and am waiting for the second portion of her/his post
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

I'm assuming that Black Rock 2 will continue analyzing cookies post
am I correct Black Rock?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

:omg: Supatown alert! :omg:

Syn 2 is bad, assuming he is the puppet of Cobalt.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Assuming he is Cobalt, why is he bad?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

CONTINUED LOOK AT COOKIE:

Post 17: Says to Syn they call each other liars but that is a part of mafia. Initially felt Syn v. LC was civ civ but is getting a raised eyebrow due to Syn's hostility. Says we have to trust Syn to take his word for it and the number of votes he got shows we don't trust him. There could be a baddie unlynchable role, just as common as a civ with a lynch stop.
Post 18: Throw away
Post 19: Explains to Syn that there could be vote manips or all kinds of things to affect the outcome. Says "blanket insistence you have on laying one scenario on the table and getting pissed that others don't buy it wholesale bothers me." Says mafia can be just as outraged as civ.
Post 20: What lacey said to you was not all that aggressive but you got severely in her face in an intimidating way. It was like a hidden monster with their claws out. Thought the mafia might be playing you and Lc but the way you have responded to lacey...saying things like I'll only explain this once doesnt help.
Post 20: Throw away
Post 21: Defends herself against Cobalts accusation that she is a baddie by giving an example of how people can go for a while without being lynched, like having a stipulation that everyone else on the team has to be lynched first. Syas Syn could be right but she doesnt like the way he is throwing down the lynch stop as incontrovertible evidence that he is good. Also says she is not convinced LC is bad either. Says she will vote Sig this round and vote him unitl one of them is dead. Or, she might vote for him (Cobalt I presume) for buddying up to Syn. Believes Sig and Fauxhault [WHO??] are both probably bad and not sure about Cobalt. A lot of day 1 felt civ civ...Long Con backed into a corner. [Some of this post did not make sense to me, it was hard at times to figure out who she was talking to. I presumed when she said "you" she meant Cobalt]
Post 22: Turtle picture
Post 23: Discussion about possible roles in the game
Post 24: Throw away
Post 25: Seeing more of a civ civ thing going on here (LC and Syn); trying to set LC up for a weak day 1 ping and Syn has seemed more genuine than not even if both have said things she finds questionable. Trying to lynch two townies in a row. Votes for Sig. [This post really comes as a shock to me reading Cookie in ISO. She has seemed to think Synonym is a baddie up until now. What changed her mind? I will keep going because maybe she explains this turn about later.]
Post 26: says this is the post that makes her feel the most town about LC
Long Con 2 wrote:You are correct, cookie. I was trying to begin discussion, not stifle it. The act that Synonym talked about the skin of his sock account doesn't bother me as much as him saying that there are five baddies among us. How would he know that unless he was one of them.
Cookie says the fact that he blew her off and stuck to his convictions about Syn indicates his townieness. As for synonym, she thinks he sounds sincerely pissed not baddie faux pissed. Also gives a quote showing Syn saying LC's comments are bullshit and she doesnt believe Syn would say that if he were bad, wouldnt have been so bold. Thinks we should all vote for sig because she has never heard anyone saying I will vote/suspect anyone who votes/suspects *X* because of the stoopid ideas of *Y*"
Post 27: Asks if MM is really cursed.
Post 28: RIP post Gamer Guy
Post 29: Questions what sig means when he says LC survived again
Post 30: Syn says when he said "again" he was referencing another game. Cookie asks if he thinks sig was doing the same.
Post 31: Points out it was 'real Long Con' that survived in the other game not this sock long con
Post 32: Votes X-Men
Post 33: Says she has been flogging the civ civ train hard but is having trouble seeing either of them as civ now especially Syn since he and sig seem to know something about the Day 1 lynch. [What has sig said that he knew about the day 1 lynch? Also what did LC do that turned Cookie around on him? Cookie if you are reading I hope you will answer]
Post 34: Explains that she thinks the again was referencing the day one lynch (so never mind my question about Sig above) and that saying it was from another game seems like a weak explanation.
Post 35: Golden lynched, says bye
Post 36: opinion on hosts making socks the owners preferences
Post 37: Thinks its a coincidence that she came out the affiliation Cookie would have preferred
Post 38: Thinks nothing is confirmed about deaths but thinks its unlikely Golden is a seemer. He seemed civ before he died. Would be a big risk to use powers this early and most of time rezzer is a civ. Planning to vote for Sig again.
Post 39: thread is kind of hostile but not so much as to be bad
Post 40: inclined to keep vote for sig
Post 41: Sticking with Sig. Nothing compelling on Syn or LC.
Post 42: LC is lynched and Cookie says she might have to look at sig again because LC being set up was part of her problem with sig.
Post 43: voted American Gods
Post 44: Thinks Wilgy was modlkilled
Post 45 and 46: Clears confusion about what she said
Post 47: Thinks there is a civ rezzer not a rezzer with tracker skills
Post 48: Eyes on llama and boo, would like to hear from Golden why he thinks he was targeted
Post 49: Explains to Golden that she wasn't trying to trap him just find out if he had an aha moment about who killed him
Post 50: Answers Cobalt about why she defended Long Con. She says she defended Cobalt repeatedly as well saying the baddies were setting them up for a one two punch.

ok, this is the end of the summary of Cookie's posts. What i found the most odd about her posts in general is that she seemed to think Syn was bad and LC was good. Then she started changing her mind and in one post said they were both good. She also said they were both bad. She did not give any reason for saying LC was bad which could be looked at as ok or could be looked at as an "uh oh, I better change my tune on LC". What is confusing is she didn't vote for Syn when she was feeling he was bad and didn't vote for Long Con when she decided he was bad. One possibility is she said that about Long Con just to cover herself in case the lynch went through. Also, I happen to disagree with her on the Syn suspicion she held through the majority of the game but a difference in opinion doesn't make someone bad.

On the other hand Cookie was consistent with her voting and seemed to me to be working hard to bring things to light. Also, I changed my mind about Long Con too (though I voted for him at that point) and I'm sure if we dig down on everyone we will find that several people did the same. I think at this point I don't see quite enough evidence to vote for Cookie.

One last thing though. Cobalt called Cookie out as being bad but i'm not sure why. I would like to hear more about what he sees in her that makes him think she is bad. I will also re-read the opinions that were voiced right before my ISO about Cookie to make sure I didn't miss anything or perhaps interpret something in a different way that lead me to not consider some evidence I should have.

Also, I see some people have decided I deserve to be called scum. I have thought long and hard about this and I think it is best for the civs if you lynch me. I am not mad or upset about being called out so this is not a case like Syns. I also am not threatening to not play the game. This is simply a matter of the best thing i can do to help us win the game.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Wow, so much ISO'ing. I'll be there with you, trying to reach some conclusions, in around an hour, hour-and-a-half, guys.
Dom 2 wrote:On an unrelated note, the four players to die so far this game are both renditions of Gamerguy and both renditions of Long Con.
And if we are to be truly pedantic, we should lynch "Elohcin" today. XD
Timmer 2 wrote:It's Synonym, you guys. Vote Synonym.
Please elaborate, "Timmer". It's what about "Synonym"? I don't see anything on suspecting "Syn" in your history, in fact you've pushed the "LC" lynch all the way through, at least whenever your were active (you missed a phase, too).

You were active and even quite combative on Day 1, after which you faded out. You voted "LC" on Day 1 fairly late, with no feelings towards the "Syn" train; you missed Day 2 voting; you reappeared and kept a consistent vote on "LC" on Day 3, also fairly late, pushing his lynch into no-return zone, tally-wise.

Such conviction right now, for "Syn" being bad, without explanation, is getting my eye a bit, but I'd like to hear from you first.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Epignosis 2 wrote:Assuming he is Cobalt, why is he bad?
I'm not sure whether or not linking to past mafia chat is allowed here, but this is something Cobalt does when he is bad. I can copy and paste from that chat, but I don't want to post against the rules.
Black Rock 2 wrote: Also, I see some people have decided I deserve to be called scum. I have thought long and hard about this and I think it is best for the civs if you lynch me. I am not mad or upset about being called out so this is not a case like Syns. I also am not threatening to not play the game. This is simply a matter of the best thing i can do to help us win the game.
If you think it's best...I'll vote for you tomorrow. But only because you asked so nicely. :llama:

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Yeah, this below as well. What the hell dude. How did you go from this
Llama 2 wrote:
Syn, this does not completely absolve you. But it does you credit for the civ cause. Glad to hear you're ready to appear civ again. Welcome back on board!
to this
Llama 2 wrote::omg: Supatown alert! :omg:

Or are you people just intent on poking Synbalt just to get more flipping out panda posts from him?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

I wish people would stop asking to be lynched. It's one thing if you've got 5 votes on your already, but another thing entirely if one or two people suspect you a little bit.

Defend yourself away, but scumhunting will contribute more to the civvie cause than your civilian lynch (if you're a civilian).
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Golden 2 wrote:Yeah, this below as well. What the hell dude. How did you go from this
Llama 2 wrote:
Syn, this does not completely absolve you. But it does you credit for the civ cause. Glad to hear you're ready to appear civ again. Welcome back on board!
to this

Or are you people just intent on poking Synbalt just to get more flipping out panda posts from him?
Note how I didn't say he was civ, but was ready to appear civ? His attitude towards Long Con was niggling in my mind, and I went and looked through past mafia chats and found him explaining his philosophy of throwing his teammate under the bus in a virulent fashion. His explosion never felt civ to me, and his switch to "I told you all so!" when Long Con flipped is another tactic of distancing he is wont to do.

ImageImageImage
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ben Linus »

I can't believe people are voting for Syn 2 at this point. Unreal.

I'm voting for Elohcin 2. I don't think you have to look very hard to see the subtle defending of Long Con 2 followed by tossing her under the bus when she was about to flip baddie and it's strange that more people aren't talking about it. I bet the baddies don't want to talk about it.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Llama 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:Yeah, this below as well. What the hell dude. How did you go from this
Llama 2 wrote:
to this

Note how I didn't say he was civ, but was ready to appear civ? His attitude towards Long Con was niggling in my mind, and I went and looked through past mafia chats and found him explaining his philosophy of throwing his teammate under the bus in a virulent fashion. His explosion never felt civ to me, and his switch to "I told you all so!" when Long Con flipped is another tactic of distancing he is wont to do.
Your meta rationale still leaves out several other players, like "Cobalt" or "Sig", who went for "LC"'s throat, right away. I'm seeing a more natural flow in "Syn" push, by comparison. He included "LC" in his now infamous mafia-guess post (but he has labelled that as satire since), he defended first against "LC" ping on that and then started thinking that "LC" is pushing it hard.

His "I told you so" reads to me more like catharsis, after a three-Day polarizing confrontation. Three Days, man. You're in Llama's socks, he'd probably feel just as vindicated - or just plain smug - after such a flip.

What do you think about the others I mentioned, in this equation? Could "Cobalt", for instance, not have researched the same thing you did and headdive into the "Scum Con" tunnel right away, for instance?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Golden 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
to this

Your meta rationale still leaves out several other players, like "Cobalt" or "Sig", who went for "LC"'s throat, right away. I'm seeing a more natural flow in "Syn" push, by comparison. He included "LC" in his now infamous mafia-guess post (but he has labelled that as satire since), he defended first against "LC" ping on that and then started thinking that "LC" is pushing it hard.

His "I told you so" reads to me more like catharsis, after a three-Day polarizing confrontation. Three Days, man. You're in Llama's socks, he'd probably feel just as vindicated - or just plain smug - after such a flip.

What do you think about the others I mentioned, in this equation? Could "Cobalt", for instance, not have researched the same thing you did and headdive into the "Scum Con" tunnel right away, for instance?
I'm enjoying your Golden take. Do you have the most posts yet? :P

I'm not taking on sig or Cobalt as much because I'm not as confident on the identity of their puppeteers. It would be a wise assumption that at least 1 person bussed Long Con. His freak out fulfills the meta that I know to be bad Cobalt.

ImageImageImage
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Reywas 2 wrote:I can't believe people are voting for Syn 2 at this point. Unreal.
I'm not sure what to make of it... but... Timmer's thing out of the blue combined with my own reasons for pushing a syn lynch for the first 3 days has me thinking. We can't rule out two teams, and we can't rule out info, so I'm not so incredulous.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Llama 2 wrote:
Epignosis 2 wrote:Assuming he is Cobalt, why is he bad?
I'm not sure whether or not linking to past mafia chat is allowed here, but this is something Cobalt does when he is bad. I can copy and paste from that chat, but I don't want to post against the rules.
Black Rock 2 wrote: Also, I see some people have decided I deserve to be called scum. I have thought long and hard about this and I think it is best for the civs if you lynch me. I am not mad or upset about being called out so this is not a case like Syns. I also am not threatening to not play the game. This is simply a matter of the best thing i can do to help us win the game.
If you think it's best...I'll vote for you tomorrow. But only because you asked so nicely. :llama:
Its not against the rules per se but if I was actually playing I would give zero credence to it.
;)
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Llama 2 wrote: I'm enjoying your Golden take. Do you have the most posts yet? :P
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I've just read through the posts of the people I suspect the most, here are my thoughts:

Boo - often feels like he is jumping to conclusions on mechanics to suit a particular perspective, but the thing that stands out most for me is how much emphasis he placed on golden not being NKed night 3 when he was night 2 and it would be double targetting. Immediately this seemed to me like a slip - genuine baddie hunting while part of a second baddie team who knew they had the kill the night before and double targetting wouldn't apply. Boo, do you have any response to this?

MM - had begun to contribute, has talked only really about LC and synonym so far in the game. I still think MM has done quite a bit of hiding behind the sock and hasn't really come to the party with much more yet. Llama also pointed out a case of soft defending LC. MM, who else have you got opinions about?

Synonym - I had good reason for my persistent vote, I don't think synonym has looked civ much at all, I dunno what timmer's reason is but I wonder if he has good reasons, he seemed pretty adamant, we don't know there are not two teams, llama makes interesting points about cobalt. I had backed off synonym somewhat, but today's developments make me think my reasons for thinking he was bad are right all along.

Elohcin - Only 9 posts, which surprised me. It doesn't leave a lot to understand the change in thinking. But it looks organic to me, Elohcin said she found all LC's explanation of his survival to be suspicious, and that all happened on that day, her earlier post not seeing LC suspicion was before that occurred. Also, coming in when LC is already at 10 votes just seems like obvious bandwagon, so obvious I'm not sure a baddie would do it. I feel much better about Eloh after reading her back.

Llama - Can I say, you are doing a fantastic job of being llama. It reads really like him, I'm very impressed. Overall llama looked pretty decent on my reread, but he agreed with boo's take about 'why didn't golden die' and I would expect the person behind this sock to know about double targetting. Llama, what do you think about a 2 team theory?

Cookie - so much to read, I'll get back to it.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I voted BR2. Either I am right and she is bad, or she is civilian, and according to her that is still somehow a good result.

But then, with the exception of the vote on me, I'd be happy to see any of the 3 other people who already have votes get lynched, because I think there are good reasons for all of them.

Linki: Rico 2, it would only be double targeting if there is only 1 baddie team, so since you have 2 suspicions somewhat based around that, can we assume you do strongly believe there is only a single team?
dunya
Turnip Head
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Ricochet 2 wrote:

Llama - Can I say, you are doing a fantastic job of being llama. It reads really like him, I'm very impressed. Overall llama looked pretty decent on my reread, but he agreed with boo's take about 'why didn't golden die' and I would expect the person behind this sock to know about double targetting. Llama, what do you think about a 2 team theory?
Y tu tambien, Rico Dos!
As far as two teams, if I've learned anything from other games currently being played on this site, it's that llama should avoid talking about "teams".
That being said, it's too early to tell if there are two baddie "teams". I'm leaning no right now, but not enough info either way. I'm not sure there being two teams changes my perspective either.

I can assure you though that Long Con is not on my team. ;)

ImageImageImage
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Linki: Rico 2, it would only be double targeting if there is only 1 baddie team, so since you have 2 suspicions somewhat based around that, can we assume you do strongly believe there is only a single team?
No. I'm not sure how you got that, sorry if I was misleading. I'm trying to think who could be bad based on the possibility that either could be true, I don't have any strong view one way or the other.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think most people's minds would go directly to double targetting for why golden did not die, but if someone KNEW there were two teams they might not think of double targetting, and boo and/or llama could have been making an unintentional slip on that front.

I don't think there is any proof about whether there is one or two teams yet, but if my theory is right and boo slipped that means there would be two teams, not one.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

"Rico" and "Llama" complementing each other? In what freaking universe? :suspish:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sorry, that should be complimenting, doh.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Ricochet 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Linki: Rico 2, it would only be double targeting if there is only 1 baddie team, so since you have 2 suspicions somewhat based around that, can we assume you do strongly believe there is only a single team?
No. I'm not sure how you got that, sorry if I was misleading. I'm trying to think who could be bad based on the possibility that either could be true, I don't have any strong view one way or the other.

The point I'm trying to make is that I think most people's minds would go directly to double targetting for why golden did not die, but if someone KNEW there were two teams they might not think of double targetting, and boo and/or llama could have been making an unintentional slip on that front.

I don't think there is any proof about whether there is one or two teams yet, but if my theory is right and boo slipped that means there would be two teams, not one.
Ahh, ok. I see what you mean, thanks.
dunya
Turnip Head
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Golden 2 wrote:"Rico" and "Llama" complementing each other? In what freaking universe? :suspish:
Golden 2 wrote:Sorry, that should be complimenting, doh.
I think we complement each other nicely. He does the extensive reads on people, I just find the baddies.
Thanks for the compliment :D

ImageImageImage
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Llama 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:"Rico" and "Llama" complementing each other? In what freaking universe? :suspish:
Golden 2 wrote:Sorry, that should be complimenting, doh.
I think we complement each other nicely. He does the extensive reads on people, I just find the baddies.
Thanks for the compliment :D
Ok, I lol'd. Have one on me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”