Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Post by thellama73 »

Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the game, BR and LC! I had fun.

But most importantly... I've still NEVER been lynched as a baddie! You had me sweating there at the end that I would break that streak.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Ricochet »

Bullzeye wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I still don't get why I failed at every recruitement contest. Nobody wants me. :disappoint: That is, until I didn't...? Still don't know when I was recruited, because of the Hosts forgetting to tell me, lol.
Did you try for Azura? In our two contests we picked Canuck because she used a funny/entertaining song and Aapje because he sent us a small essay on why we should pick him while the only other person sent in one sentence.
Actually, I stayed away from baddie recruitements the first times, heh. I only finally sent Team Azura a one-liner recruitement bid, around the time I died for the second time. Oh hey, that was probably me you mention, lol. But that was when I was already fed up with competing and losing over and over again, so yeah.

But there were contests without specific team designations. One time I wrote a bio story for Uzbargan, without applying for that team.
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 81

Post by G-Man »

Well done you sneaky, sneaky winners.

Fun fact: In my initial role, the Jilted Lover, I selected DFaraday to be my lover. My Epic Challenge was that if my lover and I both survived past Night 7, we could have won with each other's team and we would have had permanent BTSC. I picked DFaraday because he's got a decent history of flying under the radar and making it deep into games. I was freaking out when people started eyeing him up Day 1 and Day 2 for this very reason.

Even more fun fact: I chose DFaraday as my lover. When I subbed back in, I replaced Bass 2.0, who subbed in for DFaraday. I ended up being my former role's lover! On Night 3, I would have had temporary BTSC with my lover but I got killed before that came to be. Oh well.

Fun game, you hosty hosts. Sorry my participation was limited. With the baby due in almost exactly a month, I must step away from playing for a while. Don't worry though...

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Anyway, I'm sure you all have a hunch of what's coming up from my part...

First things first, though.

Massive congratulations to our Hosts for designing and managing a game of such complexity I can only dream of pulling myself.

Congrats to people of Uzbekistan once more (I should pull a list of all the nicks that were used, btw, but I'm not that much of a maniac...plus, I'm busy), I thought Team Azura would get the glory (to my disdain at certain people in it, as well :sigh:) and that you were weakened after the Bubbles' lynch, but not only was she not one of yours, but you only lost one member by the end (well, technically two, SVS' rezz notwithstanding). You had recruited wretched roles like The Immortal and Executioner, so you pulled a mighty one.

I think I spent most of August playing this, rather than doing any serious work and yet again I contemplate never allowing myself to be this engaged, this ISO maniacal ever again, because it's simply life-consuming. My "survival" plead was genuine (although ironically wrong, due to events I wasn't myself aware of) and I was also genuine in believing I stand little chance of winning this, especially after dying the first time, 5 Days into the game. I think I did ok, but that's about it.

I feel vindicated in calling Llama's bullsuit from day freaking one (I think I said at one point that maybe it's my time to be on the losing side in our confrontations in which one suspects the other and the other slips away towards victory...well, near victory in this case - what foreshadowing!), even if it fell apart due to, ahem, "intrusions". All is well this time, but if I'll be sussed for being personal in my baddie hunting ever again I'll be pissed the next time, and the next time Llama will weasel his way out like that I'll vote to lynch him till the left click on my mouse gets broken.

Also slightly vindicated, I think, of calling out rey, nutella, Devin (I think?), even though that doesn't compensate for my BWT blunder and for giving others (such as MM) passes. I think it's very telling that killers such as rey or Devin were left to coast as low posters in this game.

Overall, a truly epic and creative game, although it has to be noted that the fun bar was dropped low quite often and between more than enough players. And when even veteran combative players are getting fed up with it, maybe it's time to reflect... I'm in this myself, I'm fully aware of that - in fact, I got my first friendly visit from the Mod of Duty in any game so far :blush: - for which I apologise. But I still apologise only partly, because I still stand by my principle: if I want to debate and discuss and I'll feel as if trying to use logic with my partner is like hitting against a wall, I will hit back hard.

And now, here comes the flood.

...Actually, no, I'll post this and work a bit more on the big one.

Oh, my role:

My epic challenge was to save two teammates with my powers. Big fat chance there, never being recruited until late.

My odds of the power working improved by 10% every cycle.

I insanified Epignosis on Night 1, but he was killed. (Irrelevant if it worked or not)

I switched LoRab's positions on Day 2, from position 5 to position 2. If it worked, it means she messaged a clan that Day or Night, no idea which.

I didn't get to silence anyone on Night 3, because of the early Night end.

I gave JJJ a random potion on Day 4, no idea what it did. No idea if it worked, either.

I forgot to use the negative vote on Day 5, because of the massive TB train. aapje, this is the part where I'm confirming that I genuinely forgot to send a PM, you can stop hounding me now. :blush:

I switched SVS' position on Day 6, from position 5 to position 3. I guess she didn't lockdown the thread, in order to not out herself to me. Sneaky snaky. :evileye: OR it didn't work, even though I was at 70%, I think.

I didn't get to silence on Night 7 either, also because of Roxy.

I insanified Scotty on Night 8. I did ask the Hosts if they can throw in a "Goochy-Goochy-Goo" as well. :p

I took away LoRab's vote on Day 9, at a time where she voted for TH or something. Anyway, it was a symbolic gesture, because of her voting the same two people every time.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 252

Post by thellama73 »

This is my first time playing an outed baddie. It was fun.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
aapje
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 141

Post by aapje »

Ricochet wrote:I forgot to use the negative vote on Day 5, because of the massive TB train. aapje, this is the part where I'm confirming that I genuinely forgot to send a PM, you can stop hounding me now. :blush:

I switched SVS' position on Day 6, from position 5 to position 3. I guess she didn't lockdown the thread, in order to not out herself to me. Sneaky snaky. :evileye: OR it didn't work, even though I was at 70%, I think.
:haha:
I'll think about it ;)
You did switch SVS' position but she chose not to use her power.

I'm curious to see a list of epic challenges and which ones were completed!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

Lulz, Apple monkey. Fantastic job. :srsnod:
Great game, hosts. :nicenod:
Thanks, team! Sorry I was useless. :(
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

aapje wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I forgot to use the negative vote on Day 5, because of the massive TB train. aapje, this is the part where I'm confirming that I genuinely forgot to send a PM, you can stop hounding me now. :blush:

:haha:
I'll think about it ;)
You did switch SVS' position but she chose not to use her power.

I'm curious to see a list of epic challenges and which ones were completed!
Mine was that if Golden and I picked the same option for position five twice then we'd gain BTSC and I think would win together. It was ruined by the end of day three, but I didn't mind too much since I got total control over my powers. Even if I did never get to use an alignment check while it mattered.

Linki - Canuck, you weren't useless! :)
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Draconus »

Roxy wrote:Yay for the winners!
Amazing game as usual BR and LC!

I liked being unrecruited and causing chaos with my abilities.
I lasted a lot longer this game by specifically trying to stay unrecruited.
RE: Staying unrecruited: Same here, actually. Fulfilling my epic challenge would have caused me to become indi (capable of winning with any team). It was becoming increasingly difficult to complete my challenge though, so I decided to submit something for the final baddie recruitment. I was Uz's last recruit :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Night 13)

Post by reywaS »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:My favorite part of the game was when I tried to lie detect this statement. :grin:

Long Con was all for it and Black Rock was like WTF guys? :haha:
reywaS wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
reywaS wrote:Damnit...sorry I missed the lynch. I've been busy this afternoon/evening...I thought i had until closer to 11pmEST. Oopsie. Looks like it wouldn't have mattered anyway.
You had until 11:12 EST
sorry..I meant 11 pm central time. I'm stoned.
How the F was I supposed to know if it was true? Fly over to reywaS and look into his eyes?
I could have taken a picture for you. :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:Congrats to the winners! Thanks for the game, BR and LC! I had fun.

But most importantly... I've still NEVER been lynched as a baddie! You had me sweating there at the end that I would break that streak.
You and your damn lynch avoiding powers! :fist:
What little back and forth we had was fun, though :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 14)

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lmao at aapje double crossing everyone :haha: I was told he was on Team Azura. Grats winners!

I enjoyed trying to win as my role but I had a lot of bad luck with my Guardians. JJJ and LoRab both died as soon as I found them, and nutella wasn't interested in helping the Guardians win :P I felt like a complete non-factor most of the time :derp: I had a ton of fun though as I always do in BR/LC games. But Recruitment Mafia games always have a way of breaking my heart.
To be fair, nutella did want us to win with you and did ask us to rezz one of yours. She also defended you a few times in our btsc. We just didn't have any reason to trust you and were only keeping you around because we didn't need you dead. You kept coming after me and Llama so we weren't really keen on helping you, and didn't want to use our team's rezz on someone who wasn't aligned with us in case you just used us out for your own ends and then sold us out.
I went after you guys because she wouldn't tell me who her teammates were :P So I didn't know who to go after. Eventually I figured out that you and Llama (obviously) were on the team, so I backed off you and tried to get Rey lynched, but then Nutella died and I went after you because I had nothing else to play for.

I'm happy to hear that she stood up for me in BTSC :beer:

Lol @ JJJ not telling me he was recruited. my recruits has a hard time trusting me :disappoint:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

A few things before I forget:
As Brutal Executioner my epic challenge was to kill one of each role class: Guardian, Warrior, Sorcerer, Children.., and Brotherhood.
If I succeeded, I would have become completely independent.

I don't think this was answered yet: Who killed Typh? It was not me. The chaos dancer switched around a bunch of powers that night and someone else used my kill on him. I ended up with the keeper of the ravens' ability and wrote the "CHAOS" post. I didn't want to put a target on anyone that early, so my only goals with that post were to have fun, and to cause confusion and pointless discussion for a short time :)

Fun fact: I tried to kill MM on the same night he recruited me XD I successfully pegged him as a Warrior, so he would have died if he wasn't immune.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 472
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Most posts?

Yep, I win. :meany:
Barely. :P

SVS had your role pegged though, so we had to kill you. :nicenod:
Ricochet wrote:ayyy for crying out loud, MM was unlynchable again
Not like it mattered. Nobody tried to lynch me, and even the one attempted NK was by my own (future) teammate. :huh:
Ricochet wrote:I still don't get why I failed at every recruitement contest. Nobody wants me. :disappoint: That is, until I didn't...? Still don't know when I was recruited, because of the Hosts forgetting to tell me, lol.
I was only recruited via a non-contest contest. :shrug2:
thellama73 wrote:This is my first time playing an outed baddie. It was fun.
Isn't it though? XD
Canucklehead wrote:Lulz, Apple monkey. Fantastic job. :srsnod:
Did you at all enjoy the role I created?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:A few things before I forget:
As Brutal Executioner my epic challenge was to kill one of each role class: Guardian, Warrior, Sorcerer, Children.., and Brotherhood.

I don't think this was answered yet: Who killed Typh? It was not me. The chaos dancer switched around a bunch of powers that night and someone else used my kill on him. I ended up with the keeper of the ravens' ability and wrote the "CHAOS" post. I didn't want to put a target on anyone that early, so my only goals with that post were to have fun, and to cause confusion and pointless discussion for a short time :)

Fun fact: I tried to kill MM on the same night he recruited me XD I successfully pegged him as a Warrior, so he would have died if he wasn't immune.
My epic challenge was to become the last man standing on my team, at which point I'd become a SK.

I don't know if the rest of the team would have won had that been the case. :feb:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Speaking of reywaS, so glad I risked trying to keep him from getting lynched so we could try and use him as an ally :) Congrats on your win, reywaS!!!

Linki: Good thing we didn't have to find out :eek:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, MM, It became useless for me to become Indi being on the same team as an immortal Lol. It was impossible for me to win with anyone else after that.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Fun fact: I already explained Typh's death :P The night your power got switched with the Raven Keeper, Llama got your power. He targeted Typh just randomly as far as I know.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Also, MM, It became useless for me to become Indi being on the same team as an immortal Lol. It was impossible for me to win with anyone else after that.
If you had left the team, it'd be a different story though. I don't know how that would have happened.

My immunity only lasted while I had teammates. aapje spreading his love to all the chatrooms seemed to guarantee that he wouldn't die, and by extension, I wouldn't die.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Also, MM, It became useless for me to become Indi being on the same team as an immortal Lol. It was impossible for me to win with anyone else after that.
Not that I wanted to win with anyone else! We had an amazing team! So glad aapje decided not to backstab us XD

Linki Bullz: Sorry I missed it. Thanks for reexplaining, though! He unknowingly contributed to my epic challenge :)

Linki MM: Yeah, I don't know if that would have been possible. But I wouldn't have tried to leave you guys!
And that certainly answers Epi's question: "Why isn't aapje dead?" :haha:

reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Speaking of reywaS, so glad I risked trying to keep him from getting lynched so we could try and use him as an ally :) Congrats on your win, reywaS!!!

I was very happy to have you as an ally! :D Even though I knew it probably meant you were baddie mcbadderson. After Turnip Head came out with the "reywaS is the Rogue Mercenary, let's get him!", I thought i was sunk.

This was a roller coaster game for me. I thought I would be recruited by night 5 when the game first started, and when I went after Golden that was totally genuine. When he got lynched, I knew that there was no way I was continue to survive by being as aggressive as I was. Then after day 5 when I got my epic challenge (which was to not take a single lynch vote between day 6 and 10), I knew the only chance I really had to complete it and survive was to go full DisPor and disappear into the background. On day 9 I think it was someone (nutella?) had a vote on me for a while and I thought for sure I was going to fail. Then she moved it thankfully. :D

Great game!
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

reywaS wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Speaking of reywaS, so glad I risked trying to keep him from getting lynched so we could try and use him as an ally :) Congrats on your win, reywaS!!!

I was very happy to have you as an ally! :D Even though I knew it probably meant you were baddie mcbadderson. After Turnip Head came out with the "reywaS is the Rogue Mercenary, let's get him!", I thought i was sunk.

This was a roller coaster game for me. I thought I would be recruited by night 5 when the game first started, and when I went after Golden that was totally genuine. When he got lynched, I knew that there was no way I was continue to survive by being as aggressive as I was. Then after day 5 when I got my epic challenge (which was to not take a single lynch vote between day 6 and 10), I knew the only chance I really had to complete it and survive was to go full DisPor and disappear into the background. On day 9 I think it was someone (nutella?) had a vote on me for a while and I thought for sure I was going to fail. Then she moved it thankfully. :D

Great game!
I like how everybody followed my lead on that one. Well, except llama because I was offering an alternative to get him killed. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

It was a good call, MM :)

Congrats again Rey!! You deserved it!

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

My epic challenge was to stop 2 Guardian lynches in Position 5 and then all Guardian lynches would be pardoned. I made no progress on it. The one time a Guardian was up for lynch in that position, nutella had a lynch switch anyways.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Not like it mattered. Nobody tried to lynch me, and even the one attempted NK was by my own (future) teammate. :huh:
Isn't it though? XD
No you didn't have to kill her. You insisted she was recruited to Caelia. That was why you killed her, after I argued against it might I add :pout:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

My epic challenge was to become the last man standing on my team, at which point I'd become a SK.

I don't know if the rest of the team would have won had that been the case. :feb:
Actually I figured it out at the end and PMed Aapje, of all people, lol. Your decisions were not team player decisions. Awesome that I had two of you on my team ha ha
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Roxy being the Supreme Judge is the funniest post-game revelation for me. I kept telling her she was crazy :haha: What happened with the Night 9.1/9.2 thing Rox?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:Roxy being the Supreme Judge is the funniest post-game revelation for me. I kept telling her she was crazy :haha: What happened with the Night 9.1/9.2 thing Rox?
I assume she genuinely was told she couldn't use her power again in order to prevent us from currently being in night 9.64 or whatever.
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

So who switched thy lynch on me and why?

Thats all I wanted to find out :kadaj:

so was it uz - SVS?if he wha her,
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Isn't it though? XD
No you didn't have to kill her. You insisted she was recruited to Caelia. That was why you killed her, after I argued against it might I add :pout:
I actually don't recall that. And it didn't hurt to use Devin's kill on her. She was the obvious choice I thought.

I didn't intend to make decisions that weren't "team decisions". When I won the rezz, I did what any civvie would do and revealed the info I had submitted. Tbh, that should have shrouded more doubt on you being bad since nobody was questioning that TinyBubbles was bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OK then...I'm sorry if you already answered. I'll got through the linkitis after posting this.

Caelia - DH/Epig
-- What was your epic challenge?
-- Did you get to pardon the lynch in time on Day 1?
-- Who did you heal or protect on Day 4?
-- Who did you heal or protect on Day 10?
-- How did you survive on Day 7, Night 8 and Night 9? You didn't have the immunity position. :confused:

Relicsmith - DF / Bass / G-Man (well, gee, good luck finding answers here)
-- Who did you target with the "boon" on D/N1 (if you did)?
-- Who did you power corrupt on D/N2 (and what was the corruption) (if you did)?
-- What item did you give and to whom on D/N4 (if you did)?
-- Who did you give a random item to on D/N5? (if you did)
-- Who did you power corrupt on D/N6 (and what was the corruption) (if you did)?
-- Who did you target with the "boon" on D/N8 (if you did)?
-- Who did you give a random item to on D/N9? (if you did)?
-- What item did you give and to whom on D/N10 (if you did)?
-- Who did you power corrupt on D/N11 (and what was the corruption) (if you did)?
-- What item did you give and to whom on D/N12 (if you did)?

The Speaker of Serenity - Epignosis
-- What were your actual positions 2 to 5?

Seeker of the Way - Wilgy
-- Who did you track N1 and what was the result?
-- Who did you track for BTSC on N2 and what was the result?
-- Whose alignment did you check on D/N4 and what was the result?
-- Who did you track for vote manipulation on D/N5 and what was the result?
-- Who did you track for BTSC on N6 and what was the result?

Chaos Dancer - Timmer
-- Which 3 players did you switch powers on D/N1? (if you did)
-- Which players did you bind on D/N2? (if you did)
-- Which 2 targets did you switch on D/N4? (if you did)
-- Did you use your "chaos curse" on D/N5, on whom and how did it work?
-- Which players did you bind on D/N6? (if you did)
-- Which 3 players did you switch powers on D/N7? (if you did)

Warden of the Inner Eye - Boomslang/birdwithteeth
-- Whose role did you nullify on D/N1?
-- Who did you give a power to on D/N2 and what was the power?
-- Who did you role block on D/N4?
-- What power did you absorb on D/N5?
-- Who did you give a power to on D/N6 and what was the power?
-- Whose role did you nullify on D/N8?
-- What power did you absorb on D/N9?
-- Who did you role block on D/N10?

Ahriman, Grand Master - Spacedaisy
-- Whose power did you reduce (?) on N1?
-- Whose vote did you triple on N2?
-- Whose vote did you triple on N6?
-- Whose power did you reduce (?) on N8?
-- [You targeted Boomslang with a kill on N9 and it failed, I wonder why]
-- Whose vote did you triple on N11?
-- You survived a kill on N12, how?
-- Who did you block on D/N12?

The Avenger - bea
-- Were you targeted on N2?
-- What power did you reflect of D/N4?
-- Were you targeted on N6?
-- What power did you reflect on D/N10?
-- Were you targeted on N11?
-- What power did you reflect on D/N13?

It seems your vote manipulations never took effect, Canuck was the only person ever to vote for you and position 4 never returned after she did. Also, you never got to take a lyncher with you, because was never lynched.

Master of Ancient Arts - Sorsha
-- How did the dragon thing work?
-- Which targets did you switch on D/N1?
-- Which players did you protect on N2?
-- No dragon on D3, huh?
-- Which 5 votes did you negative on D/N4?
-- What new target did you enforce on D/N5?
-- Which player did you protect on N6?
-- Still no dragon on D7, huh?
-- Which targets did you switch on D/N8?
-- What new target did you enforce on D/N9?
-- Which 5 votes did you negative on D/N10?
-- Which players did you protect on N11?
-- DRAGOOON
-- Which 5 votes did you negative on D/N13?
-- Dragon on D14? Huh?

Master of Shadows - Dom
-- What position did you choose on D/N1 and what was the result?
-- Did you reduce the votes by 50% on D/N5?

Shield Spinner - JaggedJimmyJay

Deathmask Shaman - Scotty
-- No dead role check on N1, I assume
-- No rezz on D/N2, I see.
-- What dead power did you use D/N4?
-- Who did you have BTSC with D/N5?
-- Thanks for the rezz again!
-- Who did you role check on D/N8?
-- Who did you BTSC with D/N9?
-- Did you use any dead power before dying D/N10?

Mistwood Ranger - Russtifinko/Synonym
-- Did you find any secret on D/N2?
-- Did you check anyone for recruitement D/N5?
-- Did you find any secret on D/N6?

Ubzargan - SVS
-- Did you survive D1 lynch?
-- Who did you heal or protect D/N2?
-- Why did you switch the lynch to unfurl on D4?
-- Who did you poison D/N5?

War Monger - tranq
-- Who did you mind control on D/N1 and what was the result?
-- Who did you place in competition on D/N2 and what was the result?
-- What was your position 3 and did you do anything with it D3?
-- Who did you hunger on D/N4, if anyone?
-- What was your position 4 and did you anything with it D/N5?
-- Who did you place in competition on D/N6 and what was the result?
-- Did you do anything with position 3 on D7?
-- Who did you mind control on D/N8 and what was the result?
-- Did you do anything with position 4 on D/N9?
-- Who did you hunger on D/N10, if anyone?
-- How did you survive the D10 lynch?

The Immortal - MM
-- Lol dat freaking gossip position 5!
-- Why didn't your N1 random kill work?
-- Which players got block and protected on N1?
-- Who did you send gossip to on D/N2?
-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N4?
-- Which players did you protect on D/N5?
-- Who did you send gossip to on D/N6?
-- Which player got blocked and protected on N8?
-- Which players did you protect on D/N9?
-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N10?
-- Who did you end gossip to on D/N11?
-- Which player got the same fate on D/N12 and what was that fate?
-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N13?

Brutal Executioner - Devin
-- Why did you kill all these people?
-- Why didn't you kill N8?

Azura - Llama
-- What power did you steal on N1?
-- Which votes, besides mine, did you force on N2?
-- Who did you curse on N5 and what was the result?
-- Which votes did you force on N6?
-- What power did you steal on N8?
-- Who did you curse on N9 and what was the result?
-- How did you survive on N13?

Lord of Thunder - Bullzeye
-- What votes did you manipulate on D1 and how?
-- Which element did you pick on D/N2?
-- Which player did you pick on D/N4? (did it work anymore, since Golden was dead)
-- same for D/N5
-- Which element did you pick on D/N6?
-- What votes did you manipulate on D8 and how?
-- pick player idem on D9
-- pick player idem on D10
-- What element did you pick on D/N11?
-- What alignment/role check did you pick (?) on D/N12?
-- pick player idem on D12

Druidic Elder - nutella
-- Who did you heal on D/N4?
-- Who did you protect on D/N4?
-- Who did you silence on D/N5?
-- I can only assume you switched the lynch on DH, D6.
-- Who did you heal on D/N8?
-- Who did you silence on D/N9?
-- Who did you protect on D/N10?

The Gambler - Canucklehead
-- What number did you pick on D/N1? What was the result?
-- What number did you pick on D/N2? What was the result? Which players got manipulated?
-- Did you manage to steal any power on D3?
-- Any result/consequence on position 4, D/N5?
-- What numbers did you pick on D/N6? What was the result? Which players got manipulated?
-- Did you manage to steal any power on D7?
-- What number did you pick on D/N8? What was the result?
-- Any result/consequence on position 4, D/N9?
-- What number did you pick on D/N11? What was the result? Which players got manipulated?
-- What power did you steal and from which clan D/N12?

The Stranger - aapje
-- In which order did you get recruited?
-- Who did you seduce on D/N1?
-- Who did you block on N2?
-- Who did you lie detect on N4?
-- Who did you block on N6?
-- Who did you seduce on D/N8?
-- Who did you lie detect on N10?
-- Who did you block on N11?
-- Who did you lie detect on N13?

Keeper of Order - TinyBubbles
-- Who did you pull over on D/N1 and what did it meant?
-- Who did you punish on D/N2 and what did it meant?
-- Who did you interrogate on D/N4 and what did it meant?

Supreme Judge - Roxy

Technohacker - unfurl
-- Who did you send a coded message to and what was the message, D/N2?

Wielder of Lightning - Golden
-- Which player did you pick D1?
-- Which element did you pick D/N2 and what was the result?
-- Which player did you pick D3, if any?

The Blind Ninja - DisgruntledPorcupine
-- What did the visions mean?
-- What result did you achieve with the powers on each Day/Night cycle?

Highborn Assassin - MP
-- Who did you silence on N2?
-- Did you parasite anyone on N4 before dying?

Windscout - Birdwithteeth
-- Which player's vote got nullified D/N1?
-- How many votes got doubled D3, if any?
-- Which night powers got redirected N4?
-- How many votes got doubled D7, if any?
-- Which player's vote got nullified D/N8?

Pyromancer - Typhoony

The Magnetarch - Bass
-- Which night power got repelled N1?

Keeper of Ravens - LoRab
-- Did your position get switched on D2? If so, which clan did you message? If not, which role did you message?
-- Did you message anyone D3?
-- Which clan did you message D/N4?
-- Who did you have BTSC with D/N5? (wait, was that me?)
-- Which role did you message D/N6?
-- Did you message anyone D7?
-- Who did you have BTSC with D/N9? (wait, was that me? genuinely can't remember)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I got switched Unfurl. I tried to switch it to MP.

Linki I meant other things, little things. I had a suspicion for days but when I found you had not chosen the team protect option that put me over the edge lol.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:I got switched Unfurl. I tried to switch it to MP.

Linki I meant other things, little things. I had a suspicion for days but when I found you had not chosen the team protect option that put me over the edge lol.
That was just me voting the poll without reading it. If it was any other position poll, the masses would have dominated it anyway, so I thought nothing of it. I tried to use my +2 to manipulate my vote, but BR said no go.

"Epic Challenge: You must be the last man standing in your team, once your Epic Challenge has been met you will become Independent. There can only be one! Last Man Standing. You will kill every night on top of your regular positions."

Once I was voted the leader, I already gained the ability to kill. And with the way our team was set up, it would have been much harder for me to win if I was alone as a SK LMS, especially since I would lose immunity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 90

Post by unfurl »

S~V~S wrote:I got switched Unfurl. I tried to switch it to MP.
ok then XD, I did really believe you, while I was dead,reading something along the line that you would had not switched it to me
and when DH whas saying you were the switcher, I got curious, and thought well she sounded very honest

Congratulations to the winners!

Did someone got my message-meme about appje, I send it to JJJ, but he never mentioned appje, it was for the lol, but it was true at the end :biggrin:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Ricochet wrote: Lord of Thunder - Bullzeye
Have answered this one already: Pick the same element as Golden twice to gain knowledge of who he was (maybe btsc) and we'd be able to win together.
Ricochet wrote:-- What votes did you manipulate on D1 and how?
I sent in my decision during the night, believing it to be a night power. I think I chose to give -3 votes just in case Lightning named either myself or Llama. I was already recruited at that point and very conscious of not letting Golden find out.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which element did you pick on D/N2?
Fire. It was the first choice in the list so I went with that one. Golden picked something else, so we never got to find out what that did.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which player did you pick on D/N4? (did it work anymore, since Golden was dead)
On night 3 I hadn't received new powers but during day 4 BR gave me a new set of parameters, which were basically mine and Golden's put together, only the fifth option changed to heal or hurt a player. Never found out what that did, I don't think anyone ever showed signs of being "hurt".
Ricochet wrote:-- same for D/N5
Sent a negative boon (renamed to "bane") to DH. This gave him a curse that he chose not to fulfill, and meant that he gained an extra vote per uncursed post. Then he got lynched but survived it.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which element did you pick on D/N6?
I hurt Scotty on night 6.
Ricochet wrote:-- What votes did you manipulate on D8 and how?
On night 8 I gave BWT +3 votes for the following day.
Ricochet wrote:-- pick player idem on D9
I initially gave a bane to you, but then Llama decided he wanted to kill you again so I switched and gave it to LoRab.
Ricochet wrote:-- pick player idem on D10
Protected Nutella at night.
Ricochet wrote:-- What element did you pick on D/N11?
Hurt Epi. Making it the second time I'd targeted Caelia with a negative action. We really weren't keen.
Ricochet wrote:-- What alignment/role check did you pick (?) on D/N12?
I alignment checked G-Man as he was one of the very few we were unsure of. Then he died anyway so it didn't matter.
Ricochet wrote:-- pick player idem on D12
Blocked Rey because I assumed he'd try to kill me or Llama.

Also I added +3 votes to Devin in the final lynch of the game, but Llama's vote force was a night action so nobody's vote was actually being controlled and I think literally everybody knew that at the time.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

reywaS wrote:

Great game!
What was your reward for completing the challenge? The mysterious figure thing?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

RE Rico:
Brutal Executioner - Devin
-- What was your epic challenge? I did answer this. Probably somewhere in your linkitis. Let me know if you don't see it and I'll be happy to repeat it :)
-- Why did you kill all these people? llama killed Typh when he obtained my kill. I tried to kill everyone else to try and complete my epic challenge and become indi. When I killed Dom (Sorry man :)) I really focused on looking at everyone's recent activities in an attempt to locate a Warrior. At the time Dom had me most convinced he was one. The remainder of my kills came after I was recruited (that was the only time I tried to get recruited because completing my challenge was looking more and more unlikely. Luckily, my awesome teammates had a lot of the roles pegged. I'm surprised more of my kills didn't go through after my recruitment. Then again, not really, with all of the protections and what not.
-- Why didn't you kill N8? I was a total nub and forgot when the night ended. I did not send in a pm. Luckily (as MM pointed out in our chat) I had posted a couple of times during that night, making it a little more difficult to tie me to the role.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mysterious figure I think was MM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Bullzeye wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Roxy being the Supreme Judge is the funniest post-game revelation for me. I kept telling her she was crazy :haha: What happened with the Night 9.1/9.2 thing Rox?
I assume she genuinely was told she couldn't use her power again in order to prevent us from currently being in night 9.64 or whatever.
LOL
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Mysterious figure I think was MM. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wasn't it aap, as part of his whole Stranger deal?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Tranq »

Ricochet wrote:War Monger - Tranq
Epic Challenge: If 3 players do not complete their challenge then you may choose 3 players to challenge instead of 1. If 3 players successfully lynch the other player then you may recruit one of them in a private shared win condition.
-- Who did you mind control on D/N1 and what was the result?
Position 1: Chooses two people who have to make a case and vote for each other. If they don’t complete the case they both gain three votes and are role blocked the following night.
Mind control on BWT and unfurl. -> both complete the challenge but don't get each other lynched

-- Who did you place in competition on D/N2 and what was the result?
Position 5: Thread goal/competition (make people turn on each other to win) ie. players choose someone to try and lynch, who ever gets the most votes on their target wins.
Tranq targets SVS and aapje for a competition. Fails because of the protection. I'll let aapje explain this blunder :p

-- What was your position 3 and did you do anything with it D3?
Position 3: Send False Information
Night ended before i could use this power.

-- Who did you hunger on D/N4, if anyone?
Hunger Scotty. He has to get JJJ dead within 2 full periods -> Not sure if this power went through or not, but JJJ got NK'd within 2 full periods
-- What was your position 4 and did you anything with it D/N5?
Position 4: Illusionist (create false result in host post)
I made TinyBubbles appear as a member of Team Ubzurgan :D

-- Who did you place in competition on D/N6 and what was the result?
Canucklehead vs Roxy -> Canuck votes DrWilgy who gets lynched - Roxy misses the vote and fails the challenge.
Not sure if she won a prize or not.

-- Did you do anything with position 3 on D7?
No
-- Who did you mind control on D/N8 and what was the result?
Canuck and BWT -> Canuck votes BWT and gets him lynched - BWT selfvotes and fails the challenge
-- Did you do anything with position 4 on D/N9?
Night 9 i added the part about Abriham failing to kill DharmaHelper
-- Who did you hunger on D/N10, if anyone?
Hunger nutelLA to lynch Scotty. Scotty got NK'd same night :/
-- How did you survive the D10 lynch?
MM used his Night 9 Position 4 power to protect our team Night9/Day10.

Night 11 i used Competition on aapje and MM. MM picked Canuck. aapje picked nutelLA who got lynched. aapje won 5 extra votes
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I can confirm Canuck also won 5 votes from her challenge, we put them onto Llama during the day where votes for him would go to someone else. If only we'd chosen someone lynchable rather than Daisy!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

[quote="Bullzeye"
I initially gave a bane to you, but then Llama decided he wanted to kill you again so I switched and gave it to LoRab.
[/quote]

:disappoint:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:I can confirm Canuck also won 5 votes from her challenge, we put them onto Llama during the day where votes for him would go to someone else. If only we'd chosen someone lynchable rather than Daisy!
We had all of you pegged that night lol. But I see we couldn't do anything then.
And you may be right about aapje. I'd like someone else to confirm.

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 14)

Post by Black Rock »

aapje wrote:
Black Rock wrote:The game has ended, Team Ubzargan has won, congratulations to S~V~S, Metalmarsh89, Tranq, Devin the Omniscient... and apple. Also reywaS has one as the Rogue Mercenary.

Sorry, Monkey... it was late, I fixed it now. :p
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Ricochet wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
FWIW I don't understand why he bothered trying to kill you again, and I assumed you'd be back again at some point. We were going to kill LoRab and I was going to bane you and it would've been some sort of setup attempt I think? We switched it around for reasons I'm not really sure of and I'm getting major deja vu writing this post...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:The Immortal - MM
"Epic Challenge: You must be the last man standing in your team, once your Epic Challenge has been met you will become Independent. There can only be one! Last Man Standing. You will kill every night on top of your regular positions."
Ricochet wrote:-- Lol dat freaking gossip position 5!
Yup. The less I killed, the less people would realize that the Immortal was alive. :nicenod:
Ricochet wrote:-- Why didn't your N1 random kill work?
I tried to kill G-Man on Night 1, but he was the Jilted Lover, so that is why he survived, being in Position 1.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players got block and protected on N1?
I actually ended up protecting Devin (my future teammate), and blocking Spacedaisy, which helped us learn who she was.
Ricochet wrote:-- Who did you send gossip to on D/N2?
I targeted these three players: aapje, Canucklehead, timmer. This was my gossip.

"The Immortal hears much. One of the players has altered the lynch for almost half the players in the game, one of them is inadvertently responsible for killing Typhoony, and one has just tried to pull a scheme for power that failed almost ironically."

Canucklehead was the first one, as she was the Gambler (the role I also created). Timmer accidentally helped kill Typhoony. Aapje was the one who ironically failed the big scheme. He or SVS will have to tell you about that. :nicenod:
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N4?
I picked TinyBubbles, Sorsha, and Boomslang to effect their votes. It didn't end up being meaningful though because the lynch was switched indirectly by Ubzargan.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players did you protect on D/N5?
I was recruited early Night 5 (or was it Day 5). So I protected my three teammates Night 5: aapje, SVS, and Tranq.
Ricochet wrote:-- Who did you send gossip to on D/N6?
On Night 6, I targeted birdwithteeth, synonym & bea for gossip.

"One of these players received some information about a baddie last night, one missed their PM the night before, and one is affecting today's lynch!"

I believe Synonym received information about a baddie because of his role. Birdwithteeth was most likely the one who missed his PM. Bea had a role that surely affected the lynch. Unlike the first batch, these are all educated guessses.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which player got blocked and protected on N8?
I targeted Scotty, Sorsha, and DharmaHelper. DH survived yet another kill attempt. No idea how the other two were affected though.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players did you protect on D/N9?
I protected the usual 3 players, my teammates: Tranq, SVS, and aapje. As a result, Tranq survived the next day's lynch.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N10?
I decided not to use it. There were enough lynch-altering roles active in Position 2, that I realized my power was useless.
Ricochet wrote:-- Who did you end gossip to on D/N11?
I picked bullseye, TH, and Sorsha for gossip.

"One just finished the Epic Challenge last night
One may just lose it all today
One had to have their role redefined"

I'm pretty sure my night action got redirected though, because these didn't really match up.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which player got the same fate on D/N12 and what was that fate?
aapje nightkilled Epignosis. I targeted Epignosis, bea, and G-Man to share the same fate. Had I not been roleblocked by Spacedaisy, it would have totally worked too.
Ricochet wrote:-- Which players got vote manipulated on D/N13?
Again, I didn't use this power because of the vote manipulation obviously in play via llamazura.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I'm pretty sure my night action got redirected though, because these didn't really match up.
My role was redefined after Golden died to give me complete control, LA being lynched made the game unwinnable for TH, Sorsha must have finished her Epic Challenge.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

My role was redefined after Golden died to give me complete control, LA being lynched made the game unwinnable for TH, Sorsha must have finished her Epic Challenge.
Ah, this makes sense.

We assumed that the redefined role could only apply to the original vanilla players or possible reywas.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Ah, this makes sense.

We assumed that the redefined role could only apply to the original vanilla players or possible reywas.
A fair assumption to make. BR never publicised the fact that my role was altered, and nobody ever seemed to question it either. I was grateful for both these things.

Return to “Previous Jobs”