[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Choutas, you've helped a few people by explaining their behavior in a pro-town manner, and your explanations have been valid. I do wonder though whether you've been viewing the thread through the opposite lens: is anything suspicious to you yet?
The sample is quite small. Most RYMers have barely posted and I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators. Usually when someone acts aggressively I view that as a towntell. There is always a degree of patience and neutrality to a good scum play.
I think the Ricochet vs FZ is a good start. Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
You seem to have said in the same phrase "I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators" and "I have enough of an idea to judge a Syndicator".

I don't act agressively in mafia. Try over at Llama & Epignosis inc. I'm an ordinary guy, totally not burning the house.
One more question before I back off :P : You said before that you were in fact questioning bcornett for his vote which you couldn't decide whether it was an banter vote, or was a serious one but with no good reason. How many times did votes like this end up being from a baddie? How many times did those suspecting those people end up being bad? I think the majority goes to the latter
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Choutas wrote:Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
Could you show me?
"Highly demanding of you for me to have already consistent suspicions. Try not to look so disappointed. :workit: I addressed the current topics, the way I always do."
FZ had a gut feeling about rico and his response was that FZ was asking too much from him. He glibly rejected her accusation. It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.

Also a bonus for the theme
You have no idea that card comes up here when I am conducting the sussing on someone else. Same as it ever was!

What I meant is that I was not vague in my actions so far, just not to FZ's standards, apparently, of following already a path.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:Bea, if you have the slightest suspicion, wouldn't it be better to throw your vote that way instead of voting randomly? There are more civvies than baddies in the game, so a random vote has a higher likelihood of getting civvies dead. If you vote according to your suspicion, even if you end up lynching a townie, it gets discussion going, you can see how others respond to it, and more.

linki: Diiny, the backing off was from Ricco, and I'm backing off a little. I want to follow other paths as well.
I tend not to have suspicions on day 1. That's the issue with me personally. I read everyone at face value till they give me a reason not to.

I also argue the exact point you make. There are more townies than scum. If I follow SOMOENE ELSE'S day 1 suspicion as weak as day 1 suspicions are, I most likely hit a townie. If I random vote one vote on someone who's not likely to be lynched, I throw away my vote. I would self vote day 1 aka Jason Maurer from another forum if it didn't have the bag of shite attached to it that it does.

I understand someone voting their tiniest ping. I hope they understnad why I don't follow them and throw my vote away.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think this discussion has a ton of bearing on who is town and who is not, but it's still important to me so I'll pipe in:

Day 1 is an extremely important phase, and when taken seriously it can be highly productive for town/civs. If the day is highly active and everyone makes their best effort to be involved in the continuing discussion, then there will be enough content for real, genuine suspicion to exist. And I would ask the Syndicateers to remember that in this game, if the town wins the game all of the town wins, dead or alive. This means we can be cooperative and transparent in the thread, and be less concerned about evading night kills and more concerned about eliminating the bad guys. That starts right now.

There are 8 people in this game that want to kill everyone else, and if you're not among them they want to kill you. Don't stand for that! They're trying to freaking murder you. They want to make soup out of your brains and toothpicks out of your bones. I hope we can work as a team right here in the thread from start to finish.

*puts down pom poms*
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

bea wrote:our track record - across several sites - is not statistically as good as yours is claiming to be.

I go into games assuming that unless the town is DAMN lucky - we are prolly lynching a civ.

I know Rox from several forums as well. I know she has the same experience as I have had. I don't yet know her alligmnment, but I understand where she is coming from day 1.

As for why - I'm guessing to fleedge out the new site members. It's an OLD argument for us on this site. And sometimes it pops up again even with experienced peeps who've played 11tybillion games with all of us. (*coff*sockhost*coff*)

BUT - you at least can see the other side. It's more than some do. I applaud you for that. Also - I don't think rox was doing it for scum reasons. I think she was also stirring the pot to see what shook out - and you were what shook out. ;) Get me fam? :)

i so don't know what "get me, fam?" means, I just wanted to look cool. God being an old lady sucks. someone give me new slang that doesn't make me look lame!! I'm tired of my staff laughing at me!!! I'm good with language, I swear I won't nub it!!
I appreciate that you're used to the strategy, but alongside a lack of any other meaningful contributions it seems more likely to me that roxy played it not out of the intrinsic value you see in the strategy but due to the benefits it would give scum to play it that I mentioned earlier.

So the logical question that follows is: Has she had any helpful content besides this apparent trap/fleedge strategy in your opinion?

"Get me, fam?" translates approximately to "I do so hope I've made myself clear; is that the case, family?"
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Choutas, you've helped a few people by explaining their behavior in a pro-town manner, and your explanations have been valid. I do wonder though whether you've been viewing the thread through the opposite lens: is anything suspicious to you yet?
The sample is quite small. Most RYMers have barely posted and I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators. Usually when someone acts aggressively I view that as a towntell. There is always a degree of patience and neutrality to a good scum play.
I think the Ricochet vs FZ is a good start. Rico's reaction looks a bit forced and unconvincing.
You seem to have said in the same phrase "I have no idea how to judge the Syndicators" and "I have enough of an idea to judge a Syndicator".

I don't act agressively in mafia. Try over at Llama & Epignosis inc. I'm an ordinary guy, totally not burning the house.
One more question before I back off :P : You said before that you were in fact questioning bcornett for his vote which you couldn't decide whether it was an banter vote, or was a serious one but with no good reason. How many times did votes like this end up being from a baddie? How many times did those suspecting those people end up being bad? I think the majority goes to the latter
Hold on now. I have every right to question a player's reasoning for voting someone. It's called playing mafia.

Furthermore, you've never suspected me questioning b24 until now. You've suspected me not questioning him one bit and fluffing in my serious-looking post on him. So, where we goin' with this?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Continuing my prior post...

If we put a lot of effort into this Day 1 and still lynch a townie -- that's okay. It's going to happen a lot of time. But we'll still have left ourselves with a thick, substantive Day 1 that can be reassessed in light of that town flip. Trepidation can only serve to make oneself look more suspicious than is necessary.

I don't mean to attack anyone's methods of course. I am just sharing my own philosophy. :)
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:I'm not sure I understand the argument that I was forcing the aggression for the sake of appearance when you yourself just claimed I don't normally act this aggressively.

Either way, to answer your questions I do what I do to a) generate reactions and b) put pressure on people. I don't understand what you're saying about my 'mistake', do you think I went overboard as town or that I'm failing to emulate as scum?
My assertion is that you'd have gone overboard as scum. I don't think you'd necessarily be trying to emulate your town game in this case, but rather promoting a harsher strategy of aggression for the sake of appearance because of the coercive effects that behavior can have on the people reading your content.

I'm going to move my vote elsewhere though. You're engaging this suspicion well enough.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Diiny wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
It's never good when someone pulls the "that's how I roll" card.
This is how Roxy responded to me AND how I responded to a bunch of allegations, yet you've defended me a couple of times. What's up?
There is no reason to defend RVP imo. Again that's a genuine strategy and it isn't much of a personal playstyle when maybe up to 10 players pursue it on day(me included). As for your aggressiveness it may be how you roll but personal experience has shown me that aggressiveness is more related to townie behavior than scum behavior. A townie is a more likely to make an accusation, rally a lynch and take the blame for it than a scummer. Even vocal scum who are rarer than vocal townies on rym tend to have a sense of neutrality and ask for others' opinions to reinforce their case.
Let's say I have feeling about you or to put it in a more concrete manner I think your playstyle does more good than bad.

The worst thing that could happen on day 1 is to not have enough data to link on day 2 after the first lynch/nightkill.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Also mind you all people that this is my second game in over a year. I've grown rusty. I'm veteran league material playing with young bucks.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DUSK 0] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

bcornett24 wrote:I know nothing of the syndicate players , so I'm going to vote for Devin the omniscient because his name sounds like somebody who is of authority and rundontwalk because it would be chaotic.
He doesn't know me very well, does he? :haha:

Operation ketchup is a go! We have a 90% chance of failure as we have less than an hour to execute. Go!

Don't ask.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Diiny wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
This is how Roxy responded to me AND how I responded to a bunch of allegations, yet you've defended me a couple of times. What's up?

I said "get used to it" :p

;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Diiny wrote:
bea wrote:our track record - across several sites - is not statistically as good as yours is claiming to be.

I go into games assuming that unless the town is DAMN lucky - we are prolly lynching a civ.

I know Rox from several forums as well. I know she has the same experience as I have had. I don't yet know her alligmnment, but I understand where she is coming from day 1.

As for why - I'm guessing to fleedge out the new site members. It's an OLD argument for us on this site. And sometimes it pops up again even with experienced peeps who've played 11tybillion games with all of us. (*coff*sockhost*coff*)

BUT - you at least can see the other side. It's more than some do. I applaud you for that. Also - I don't think rox was doing it for scum reasons. I think she was also stirring the pot to see what shook out - and you were what shook out. ;) Get me fam? :)

i so don't know what "get me, fam?" means, I just wanted to look cool. God being an old lady sucks. someone give me new slang that doesn't make me look lame!! I'm tired of my staff laughing at me!!! I'm good with language, I swear I won't nub it!!
I appreciate that you're used to the strategy, but alongside a lack of any other meaningful contributions it seems more likely to me that roxy played it not out of the intrinsic value you see in the strategy but due to the benefits it would give scum to play it that I mentioned earlier.

So the logical question that follows is: Has she had any helpful content besides this apparent trap/fleedge strategy in your opinion?

"Get me, fam?" translates approximately to "I do so hope I've made myself clear; is that the case, family?"
No. And I'm not sure yet if she's civ or scum. that's exactly my point. I don't know yet. IF she is civ she's a great asset. I would hate to get rid of someone who would be awesome to our cause for something so simple as she's OT and she went random.

Rox spent a lot of time in MY home mafia forum. Hedville. And it's like the forgotten step child of the rest of our forums. We were all about the zany OT and the fun. Our motto was srrsbns is NOT our bnss. I can't judge her allignment because it's day 1 and day 1 is kinda a wash while it's going down. After the lynch, after the night phase - then we can talk.

Let us see if she a) random votes b) who it's for and c) if anyone else goes along with it.

If 3 other people "random" there, I might look her way. If she "random" votes and it's all by it's self, I might not.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:

Hold on now. I have every right to question a player's reasoning for voting someone. It's called playing mafia.

Furthermore, you've never suspected me questioning b24 until now. You've suspected me not questioning him one bit and fluffing in my serious-looking post on him. So, where we goin' with this?
I was doubting your sincerity concerning your suspicion of bcornett, but you said you really did question him (which I understand as voicing suspicion). Of course you have a right to do so, but if you are voicing suspicion of him, I' would say I don't find it genuine, and I find it going after an easy target.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Choutas wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
There is no reason to defend RVP imo. Again that's a genuine strategy and it isn't much of a personal playstyle when maybe up to 10 players pursue it on day(me included). As for your aggressiveness it may be how you roll but personal experience has shown me that aggressiveness is more related to townie behavior than scum behavior. A townie is a more likely to make an accusation, rally a lynch and take the blame for it than a scummer. Even vocal scum who are rarer than vocal townies on rym tend to have a sense of neutrality and ask for others' opinions to reinforce their case.
Let's say I have feeling about you or to put it in a more concrete manner I think your playstyle does more good than bad.

The worst thing that could happen on day 1 is to not have enough data to link on day 2 after the first lynch/nightkill.
Now I know I adore you. That and the post you made just after this one.

Hi! I'm bea and I'm now a suppafan of you. :D
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go. I'll be back a few hours before deadline
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:

I was doubting your sincerity concerning your suspicion of bcornett, but you said you really did question him (which I understand as voicing suspicion). Of course you have a right to do so, but if you are voicing suspicion of him, I' would say I don't find it genuine, and I find it going after an easy target.
Well, I don't understand questioning as voicing suspicion. I said I want to hear from him. That's questioning. You implied there was nothing there in my post of substance, not even real questioning.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:I need to go. I'll be back a few hours before deadline
So...tomorrow evening? :confused:
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Actually guys I have to go and watch footy in the evening and then I'll be fuck tired to be helpful. You guys have a 2 hours window to ask me things. After that it'll take me half a day or more to contribute.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:I'm not sure I understand the argument that I was forcing the aggression for the sake of appearance when you yourself just claimed I don't normally act this aggressively.

Either way, to answer your questions I do what I do to a) generate reactions and b) put pressure on people. I don't understand what you're saying about my 'mistake', do you think I went overboard as town or that I'm failing to emulate as scum?
My assertion is that you'd have gone overboard as scum. I don't think you'd necessarily be trying to emulate your town game in this case, but rather promoting a harsher strategy of aggression for the sake of appearance because of the coercive effects that behaviour can have on the people reading your content.

I'm going to move my vote elsewhere though. You're engaging this suspicion well enough.
I understand that you think there's a reason for scum to use aggression, and I don't contest that, but why does going overboard hint at scum-aggression rather than town-aggression? Both require aggression that's forced to some extent, and so one can go overboard on both. I want to make sure I understand your concerns/arguments
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

My assertion is that you'd have gone overboard as scum. I don't think you'd necessarily be trying to emulate your town game in this case, but rather promoting a harsher strategy of aggression for the sake of appearance because of the coercive effects that behaviour can have on the people reading your content.

I understand that you think there's a reason for scum to use aggression, and I don't contest that, but why does going overboard hint at scum-aggression rather than town-aggression? Both require aggression that's forced to some extent, and so one can go overboard on both. I want to make sure I understand your concerns/arguments
The material that motivates that aggression is what I'd use as the measuring stick to make that distinction. I thought your degree of aggression was sharp enough relative to Roxy's behavior that I was unsure of your sincerity.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

bea wrote:
Diiny wrote:

No. And I'm not sure yet if she's civ or scum. that's exactly my point. I don't know yet. IF she is civ she's a great asset. I would hate to get rid of someone who would be awesome to our cause for something so simple as she's OT and she went random.

Rox spent a lot of time in MY home mafia forum. Hedville. And it's like the forgotten step child of the rest of our forums. We were all about the zany OT and the fun. Our motto was srrsbns is NOT our bnss. I can't judge her allignment because it's day 1 and day 1 is kinda a wash while it's going down. After the lynch, after the night phase - then we can talk.

Let us see if she a) random votes b) who it's for and c) if anyone else goes along with it.

If 3 other people "random" there, I might look her way. If she "random" votes and it's all by it's self, I might not.
I guess the crux of this is that I personally don't see 'OT and random voting' as just a trivial concern, even if it is on-meta, nor do I consider someone being an asset when they're town a good reason to not question someone's towniness (although MP said that one time and turned out to be town, maybe it's a TS thing.)
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Hi,

what are your thoughts on the game so far outside of bea
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Srrsly? Lamest day 1 vote ever LC. I haven't stated at all who I think is civ with confidence. My whole argument is I don't know yet who is or isn't . It's like you aren't even reading my posts....

I expect better from you tbh.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Seeing the melding of communities is going to be so fucking awesome! Some styles will be the same and others so different. It is exciting! :bliss:

This will be another post Dii will be hating me for.

Linky bea
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Diiny wrote:
bea wrote:
Diiny wrote:

I guess the crux of this is that I personally don't see 'OT and random voting' as just a trivial concern, even if it is on-meta, nor do I consider someone being an asset when they're town a good reason to not question someone's towniness (although MP said that one time and turned out to be town, maybe it's a TS thing.)
I get where you are coming from. I do. I am just saying I'm not there yet for these reasons. Maybe down the road I will be there, but I don't feel it yet. Ya know?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Roxy wrote:Seeing the melding of communities is going to be so fucking awesome! Some styles will be the same and others so different. It is exciting! :bliss:

Linky bea

Also just now noticed your wabbit avi. I miss that bitch. He'd be all over lc's lame vote for me too. :p
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Roxy wrote:Seeing the melding of communities is going to be so fucking awesome! Some styles will be the same and others so different. It is exciting! :bliss:

Linky bea
I've made it clear that I've got nothing against different styles, Roxy, and you pushing the agenda that I'm only happy with one style of play is getting old
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

it is bc I am old Dii <3

and I was joking sorry if that was not apparent.
;)
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Roxy wrote:it is bc I am old Dii <3

and I was joking sorry if that was not apparent.
clearly I need [joke] tags
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Here, lemme make you imply some more: Are you bad?
Is my milk bad?

Nope, it doesn't expire for 4 more days. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I will conclude myself for now (another Sunday afternoon spent on the forum, yaaaayyyy...same as it...ever...). Thoughts on other developments, later.

Changeable votes do nothing for me personally, they're rarely implemented here and even then my MO is still voting towards the deadline, once deliberating on something after a Day phase. RVS'ing, if a choice meant to breeze past Day 1, will be seriously frowned upon by Syndicateers, myself included. Otherwise, if it's meant for fishing or setting in motion any discussion early on, I can see the flavour to it, because it's quite the same as fishing or setting in motion any discussion by sussing in writing. But whether the votes stick to the initial reasoning or develop should still be under scrutiny and that will be my intention as well.

So far the votes for rundontwalk seems to engage with him not being as active as expected. Roxy's vote...well, first of all, I hope she eventually unrandomizes it from me :noble: ... reads more like banter (towards me posting so much, I guess) and like intentionally wanting a reaction out of the field; it's not strong and it doesn't clear her, but there's no arguing of her bantering ways. For me, on the low end of the spectrum, is b24's fluff post. I'm waiting to hear on his justification, as I've said, but it's the "breeziest" vote from the bunch and based on activity (or lack thereof), so far.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Here, lemme make you imply some more: Are you bad?
Is my milk bad?

Nope, it doesn't expire for 4 more days. ;)
Take a look at these bants!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:I would normally start off with a vote for sleepystalinist, but he is not here so instead, I'll vote for motel room because he has something to do with sleeping.
Hey bcornett24, usually even random votes are accompanied by a semi-relevant reason (hey, like this one!). What's your objective with this one, m8?
The only reason I can think of for a random vote is fate.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey RYMers, let me give you a little insight on some things that are either polarizing or unpopular on The Syndicate, so you can do them even more to drive them nuts. :haha:

~ rainbow lists
~ broadcasting your town reads
~ ISO analyses
:disappoint:
Golden wrote:Sorry I've not been about today. Just skimmed for a quick catch up and well done guys on figuring out how are polls align, thats impressive work. Did you guys also have the 'no ties' rule? I wonder if your options ended up in a similar place to us.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the 7 person mafia team were fully aware of the poll on both sides, managed to figure out its meaning somewhat, and manipulated it towards what they thought were the best ends. In that case, it would be particular epic if anyone was as terrifyingly anal as MM and had the poll from Syndicate side.

I must get directly to bed, will catch up further tomorrow.
All I did was go into offline mode and open up some pages from the previous day. I'm pretty sure anyone has the ability to do that. :mafia:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SARC TAGS, JAY!
Naw, there might actually be strategic value to this if people really pursue it as something meaningful. Anyone that has even played one game with me knows I was joking when I called myself a low poster.

Like you, Diiny, my protege. What do you think?
By the looks of it, you and Zebra have never played together before. Not only that, but nobody seems to remember this particular back-and-forth except for the two of you.

What if you were just trying to give Zebra an incorrect impression of your playstyle?
Roxy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I also promised these five players I would not vote for them today.
  • DrWilgy
    thellama73
    Sorsha
    birdwithteeth11
    Devin the Omniscient
Because this is a crime against the state.
:pout:
You should have voted me for CEO, not this fellow who's leaving for Sweden. ;)
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SARC TAGS, JAY!
Naw, there might actually be strategic value to this if people really pursue it as something meaningful. Anyone that has even played one game with me knows I was joking when I called myself a low poster.

Like you, Diiny, my protege. What do you think?
Yeah, I'm messing around. That said, I'm happy with Zeb's reaction to it considering he didn't know; I doubt mine would've differed too much. I've seen good day 1 cases originally based off of much less. I'm gonna be watching the rest of his day 1 pretty carefully, because I want to know whether he's out to find some scum, or whether he's off to just rip into onto the first baby gazelle he can spot, if you catch my drift.

There's definitely a history of scum players asking non questions like 'are you scum' and 'why are you scum', though. Strawhenge in Bowiemafsprung to mind... https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... msg5882983 (I'm not sure how the TS legal system works but despite this being RYM case law I submit that you consider it as highly influential)
I recall that game, mainly because rdw fell for my WIFOM trap, and I let him get away with it. :fist:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roxy wrote:kk caught all up - not too many posts - yet (lets keep it that way JJJ ;) )

Thoughts

Leave it to MP/Sloonei to match the polls - I do like how The Syndicater's knew what we were really voting for instead of RYM'er's bc they would have had 0 idea wtf they were doing. :p

RBzddkktlamndt - No thank ye for my vote :ponder: how rude! :p

Not seeing anything that I would vote over quite yet but it is early - I am tempted to say I will randomize if nothing concrete happens just to start a shitstorm - I think I will.

I am gonna randomize my vote if nothing that I consider concrete happens.

Have I said
And a happy day came to me. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:Sorry I've not been about today. Just skimmed for a quick catch up and well done guys on figuring out how are polls align, thats impressive work. Did you guys also have the 'no ties' rule? I wonder if your options ended up in a similar place to us.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that the 7 person mafia team were fully aware of the poll on both sides, managed to figure out its meaning somewhat, and manipulated it towards what they thought were the best ends. In that case, it would be particular epic if anyone was as terrifyingly anal as MM and had the poll from Syndicate side.

I must get directly to bed, will catch up further tomorrow.
All I did was go into offline mode and open up some pages from the previous day. I'm pretty sure anyone has the ability to do that. :mafia:
Yet one may ask himself: huh?!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:By the looks of it, you and Zebra have never played together before. Not only that, but nobody seems to remember this particular back-and-forth except for the two of you.

What if you were just trying to give Zebra an incorrect impression of your playstyle?
Whether anyone else remembers this is definitely irrelevant because Zebra remembers it. I posted it in the thread and he can tell you as much. Which brings me to ask you what exactly you're trying to say?

If we can logically surmise that I posted this in the game thread where everyone else could see it, then I don't think you can logically state that I was trying to specifically fool Zebra for any strategic purpose.

Anyone who has played with me at least once, which means every single person in that Day 0 thread except Zebra and TF73, is well aware that I am absolutely not a low poster. I was goofing around with a player who doesn't know how I play.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

MM - I voted for LC not the person going to Sweden *Bork! Bork! Bork!*
;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:

*votes bea*
Srrsly? Lamest day 1 vote ever LC. I haven't stated at all who I think is civ with confidence. My whole argument is I don't know yet who is or isn't . It's like you aren't even reading my posts....

If you say so. My vote is staying where it is for now.
Diiny wrote:

*votes bea*
Hi,

what are your thoughts on the game so far outside of bea
Hmmm... well, there's been lots of activity since I went to bed last night. I just read through it all, what sticks out in my mind? The Roxy thing is funny to me (though I don't like her use of someone else's avatar because it confuses me). I feel a bit of a dissonance, Roxy is getting harassed for saying she was going to randomize, and at the same time people are saying that Random Voting on Day 1 is a sound strategy. :shrug: So which is it? I'm not a big fan of random voting myself, I'd rather read through and see what my gut says on Day 1 than throw a dart. Which is why I have a vote on bea.

I don't think it's that likely that JJJ, Epig and the other person all voted as baddies together. Too risky. The votes for JJJ and Wilgy seemed pretty natural to me, as I recall.

More opinions about Day 1 so far will have to wait until I look back over things again. I read through it once, but it hasn't all sunk in yet - it's a little harder for me to get a handle on things with all the players that are new to me, the new people kind of blend together.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:By the looks of it, you and Zebra have never played together before. Not only that, but nobody seems to remember this particular back-and-forth except for the two of you.

Whether anyone else remembers this is definitely irrelevant because Zebra remembers it. I posted it in the thread and he can tell you as much. Which brings me to ask you what exactly you're trying to say?

If we can logically surmise that I posted this in the game thread where everyone else could see it, then I don't think you can logically state that I was trying to specifically fool Zebra for any strategic purpose.

Anyone who has played with me at least once, which means every single person in that Day 0 thread except Zebra and TF73, is well aware that I am absolutely not a low poster. I was goofing around with a player who doesn't know how I play.
Sounds reasonable.

Linki: Lol Roxy, I see what you did there.

Linki: @LC, from my experience, the point of the RVS isn't to randomly lynch someone on Day 1, but to place a vote to garner discussion, to eventually develop a better-educated Day 1 lynch. I didn't call my Day 1 vote an RVS vote, but one could argue that it is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: I think random voting is perfectly fine early in Day 1 to facilitate discussion. I think a vote at the end of Day 1 really should not be random. It should be supported by some tangible thought process.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Which is basically what MM just said, so okay. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Have I said
OT /OT
omg!!! jjj!!! more talking please!!!!!!!!! :D

Rox - yours was great, but nothing in comparision to you singing happy birthday to me. I listen to that shit like once a day. :D
Roxy sings happy birthday. I'd like to hear that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:

*votes bea*

If you say so. My vote is staying where it is for now.
Long Con, could you please point to posts by bea that do not align with her claim that "her whole argument is she doesn't know yet who is or isn't civ"? You might not buy into her refutation of your accusation, but I need more than a blank dismissal.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:On to someone else, quiet Epi is never a good thing...
I will post in concurring crimson to agree with this statement.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Day 1 is an extremely important phase, and when taken seriously it can be highly productive for town/civs. If the day is highly active and everyone makes their best effort to be involved in the continuing discussion, then there will be enough content for real, genuine suspicion to exist. And I would ask the Syndicateers to remember that in this game, if the town wins the game all of the town wins, dead or alive. This means we can be cooperative and transparent in the thread, and be less concerned about evading night kills and more concerned about eliminating the bad guys. That starts right now.
Actually, I did notice that, but I can't say that I let it impact my playstyle.

I'll keep it in mind. Maybe I'll even post a rainbow list.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?
An ISO is an isolated look at a players posts, essentially in a vacuum, so to try to get a better idea of their intentions and/or relations without being impacted by another players' thoughts on that player. That's how I've understood it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

sig wrote:First thing first what is an ISO post?

On Diiny he does seem to be being to aggressive, tone reading his posts I don't like them and would consider voting for him this phase. As well as the way he has targeted Roxy, out of the two I'm reading Diiny as scum more so then Roxy.

Jay's responses to Diiny was interesting it seems like he is trying to offer Diiny a way out of his behavior without directly doing so. This could just be because he thinks he is a strong civilian player and trying to help a fellow forum member, however if one were to flip mafia I would be inclined to think the other is as well.

I agree with Bea sentiment to not lynch Roxy based on random posting.
I dislike Long Con's lynch vote.

linki: To Long Con I'm just the "other guy" it seems. If I was the suspicious type I would say he used this wording on purpose hoping someone would pick up on it and see it as an attempt by Long Con to distance himself from me. Which would lead players to become suspicious and eventually lynch me. Good thing I'm not the suspicious type he probably just forgot my name. :ponder:
I think ISO posts are isolated posts about players deeds and controversies. One tries to shed light into some other player's actions.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”