[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:I'm kind of afraid to make this confession, but I don't know any TH songs (at least not that I know of) :Uhh:
I'm kind of a big deal.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm not sure I get you. "Why, why, why, why start it over?" Is this a song reference I'm not understanding?
Could well be. :workit:

Is that really your only concern with my read on you?
Yup! My favorite color is orange, so we're good :workit:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

FZ. wrote:Rico, you're such a teacher's pet with that table. I'm kind of afraid to make this confession, but I don't know any TH songs (at least not that I know of) :Uhh:

But it's interesting that you say you feel good about me when I said the same. :ponder:

I find it funny that all the votes for LC are coming from the Rym players, and Sig. Where is Sig from?

I personally feel that LC tries to be more "helpful" when he's bad, which makes people inclined to not put him want to trust him. I don't feel like he's doing it this game. He's one of the best baddies I've seen on this site. The memories of Flash mafia still hurt... So obviously, he can fool everyone. But I'm getting a more snarky feeling from him, like he's not trying to please anyone.
I wasn't returning any nicety (of course, I'm only glad to hear my replies make you feel better about me :p), if it gives you that impression. I worked on this all day. Also, my general impression of you goes over the entire period of the game and in every aspect. I had gripes before with you seemingly demanding me to get into top hunting shape as early as an actual day into the game or so and I'd say that slight criticism still turns up in my read of you.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by FZ. »

I guess I won't be getting any answers from Bea or Eloh before I go to sleep :sigh:

linki: :haha: TH!!!! I miss you :(
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
FZ. wrote:Rico, you're such a teacher's pet with that table. I'm kind of afraid to make this confession, but I don't know any TH songs (at least not that I know of) :Uhh:

But it's interesting that you say you feel good about me when I said the same. :ponder:

I find it funny that all the votes for LC are coming from the Rym players, and Sig. Where is Sig from?

I personally feel that LC tries to be more "helpful" when he's bad, which makes people inclined to not put him want to trust him. I don't feel like he's doing it this game. He's one of the best baddies I've seen on this site. The memories of Flash mafia still hurt... So obviously, he can fool everyone. But I'm getting a more snarky feeling from him, like he's not trying to please anyone.
I wasn't returning any nicety (of course, I'm only glad to hear my replies make you feel better about me :p), if it gives you that impression. I worked on this all day. Also, my general impression of you goes over the entire period of the game and in every aspect. I had gripes before with you seemingly demanding me to get into top hunting shape as early as an actual day into the game or so and I'd say that slight criticism still turns up in my read of you.
I expect everyone to go into top hunting shape on day one. They can be wrong, but at least feel like they're really trying
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

I cannot brain today. :wall:

I'll probably move my vote from Mac, just not sure to who yet. I think I'm going to try a rainbow list and see how that goes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can anyone summarize their suspicion of bcornett please, assuming you are suspicious of him
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:Can anyone summarize their suspicion of bcornett please, assuming you are suspicious of him
He reminds me of baddie Brian from RYM87. That's basically it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, your sense of b24 was that he has a meta when he denied having ones, but your sense of me is not having meta when I claim to have. What da heck? :confused:
See Rico, every time you talk to me, you just say another thing that makes me feel icky about you.

There is no value to this statement. It is completely accurate, but why should it be confusing? Both of you are claiming things about your own metas that I do not have any evidence to believe, it's a big 'wifom' that you are trying to get me to buy into.

What is even slightly confusing about that statement? That I can think different things are true of different people? If I think one person has a meta, I must think everyone does? It seems to me that this comment has only one function, and that is to get people to look sideways at me and think that I am being inconsistent in my thinking. In fact I am not.
Meta is history. It's factual evidence. :confused: Of course, it is not my desire or demand for you (or anyone) to take that evidence at face value, I want you to evaluate it, and believe or disbelieve afterwards that my current game mirrors faithfully or not my meta. It's still confusing to me that, whilst b24 claimed he's changing his games every time, to which you replied "nah, there must be some connecting thread to it all" - which is fine by me - I'm claiming there is a consistency in my approach to suspicions on me(aka my rebutting style) and you say "nah, no evidence for me to believe that". It's not WIFOM. It's a reference to my gaming. Judge it, search it, evaluate it, deem it bullsuit or genuine. That's my point.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:Can anyone summarize their suspicion of bcornett please, assuming you are suspicious of him
He reminds me of baddie Brian from RYM87. That's basically it.
What did he do that was different from his civvie game?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:b24 - he made an RVS with no roots to the actual game, then came back saying this vote served its purpose to generate content, which to me still makes not much sense (the most content it actually generated was suspicions on him voting this way; the rest of the game's content cannot be said to have been achieved by this vote of his). Next couple of posts are reading Roxy's banter ways genuine (and familiar, as a style itself) and slightly insisting on questioning a few players who suspect Diiny. He dismisses Diiny's vote on him for being inactive by saying he's one of many, at that stage, to have contributed in low amount. Switches to voting BWT for him voting bea's disbelief in Day 1 suspicions generating something consistent. Frankly, his posts so far don't read like any clear input and it doesn't make me trust him.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Anyone know what's MP's strategy when there's a tie in the lynch?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MP likes death.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:MP likes death.
But how does he decide? Does he flip a coin?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:b24 - he made an RVS with no roots to the actual game, then came back saying this vote served its purpose to generate content, which to me still makes not much sense (the most content it actually generated was suspicions on him voting this way; the rest of the game's content cannot be said to have been achieved by this vote of his). Next couple of posts are reading Roxy's banter ways genuine (and familiar, as a style itself) and slightly insisting on questioning a few players who suspect Diiny. He dismisses Diiny's vote on him for being inactive by saying he's one of many, at that stage, to have contributed in low amount. Switches to voting BWT for him voting bea's disbelief in Day 1 suspicions generating something consistent. Frankly, his posts so far don't read like any clear input and it doesn't make me trust him.
Thanks
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:MP likes death.
But how does he decide? Does he flip a coin?
He has done that before. But I don't know if he'll switch it up.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

In the event of a tie, the player to be lynched will be randomized.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:In the event of a tie, the player to be lynched will be randomized.
Between everyone or the two in the tie? :grin:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

ugh. I am here. Believe me Fz, if I could have gotten here sooner I would have. Time zones, crazy job, crazy customers calling me at home at stoppid o'clock in the morning! wtf??!! General SNAFU omg my store is burning down *again* Makes mafia very difficult for me. Skim my posts during recruitment and you will see GM bea is different from when I had time to play multipule games all the time and be all in. Even my days "off" aren't really mine anymore. :(

That said, given there is only one mafia team and they know who's on it. And the SK. I don't feel that posting lists etc is as big of a deal as it is when there are two mafia teams.

ATM - this is in no way as skittle yummy or as rainbow pretty as others, but I will comment on the people that stand out most to me:

I feel pretty good about you, Golden, Sorsha, Rox and Mac at the moment.
I actually agree with you about LC. But man...it's LC - ya feel me girl? I know LC knows what I'm talking about. :nicenod: ;)

I'm glad seaside started posting more because I was catching up and couldn't quite wrap my head around why him of all the lurkers.
Speaking of the lurkers, sawyer is the one that troubles me. I know he fell way behind, and I know I'm a low poster because keeping up is the devil in these games, but I want to hear more from him. He's making me feel the heeby jeebies.

Epi has been switching things around recently if I remember correctly. He's a tough read for me too. I can see what you are saying, then epi comes in and I'm all thinking "Oh, that makes sense." Mostly cuz epi's super good with words and junk. I'm watching him, but I don't think he's mafia at the moment.

I think I feel the same way about llama as I do about epi. I can see why his posts read odd to the RYM peeps. Normal llama seems strange to new people and this llama is a bit more quiet. Not sure it's busy or what, but his posts read to me like he's saying a lot of what he will do without coming back to do it. I'm watching and still not sure.

MM feels a little sketchy to me. LIke he's posting and he's having fun and he's being all marmoty, but not really contributing much content.

Rico - I'm sorry I haven't said much on D2 till now - which for me was yesterday. In my last post, I did say I was about to grow quiet due to work. Yesterday, the day I worked 18 hours straight running my pizza shop with no time for food and little time to so much as use the restroom. These shifts happen at least once a week and sometimes more. My job is wonky as anyone who has worked in the food service industry can tell you. I run the store. It has to be my priority. If you feel there is something I haven't addressed about your concerns for me, please explain it to me like I'm functionally stupid because honestly, by the time I get here for my "free time blow off moments" I am pretty much functionally stupid. I'm happy to address anything you think I missed.

JJJ feels like distracted JJJ from recruitment and he said he has RL stuff going on. Not sure what the RYM peeps that suspect him are seeing tbh.

Devin feels like devin - and that's no indication of his alignment. He's like this pretty much every game.
Eloh feels like Eloh - pretty much same gig as Devin for me atm.

LOTS of the RYM peeps are ???? for me as well as anyone else I didn't address by name.

All of that is to say, I don't feel confident in a vote, but may go with b4 because Golden seems to smell smoke. I am NOT absolving myself of an responsibility for my vote but for now I trust him and he's got good instincts as a civ.

Also - welcome BR!!! I was sad when you dropped and now I'm happy you are back!! I do not envy your catch up. :hugs:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:In the event of a tie, the player to be lynched will be randomized among those with the most votes.
:srsnod:
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

seaside wrote:I can't quote properly.

But guide to seaside being town/scum.

Seems scum = town
Seems town = scum
hey seaside, how does this handy guide factor in to your effort to get yourself lynched?
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

oh look! I did make it in while FZ was still here.

And sockevolhost is here. I had a question for the hosts and then I forgot it. :( I prolly would have just gotten :feb: or :shrug: as a response though. :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:In the event of a tie, the player to be lynched will be randomized among those with the most votes.
um....does this frighten anyone else as much as it does me given the hosts request for and specific statement that they don't like ties during the day 0 poll?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 7

Post by S~V~S »

Just popping in to say how proud of you all I am, playing together nicely like good boys & girls, making Mama Bear so happy :lorab:

Keep up the good work!
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

thellama73 wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I think the K4J kill was more likely to come from an RYMer than a Syndicater, so I will concentrate my attentions there.
Guys, my eye is twitching uncontrollably. Violently. I don't know what's...I can't...

Llama, how did you come to this conclusion? Why wouldn't a Syndicat—you know, such as yourself for instance :o—kill k4j?
Because, being a Syndicator myself, I know how we think. I can't think of a fellow site member who would go for K4J first. It seems too random. It's just a hunch of course, but that's the assumption I'm going to operate under for now.
Fine. If we're gonna stretch this theory then, would you also assume that the RYM player making the call on the Night 1 kill would have to have enough clout to pull rank in this Syndicate stomping ground, or what?

Besides, there's bound to be an RYM player in the scum team right? So what are you actually saying?
ImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Just popping in to say how proud of you all I am, playing together nicely like good boys & girls, making Mama Bear so happy :lorab:

Keep up the good work!
Burning down the house takes planning and timing. :srsnod:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bea, thanks for that list. It made me feel a lot better about you.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

bea wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
um....does this frighten anyone else as much as it does me given the hosts request for and specific statement that they don't like ties during the day 0 poll?
I think its best to say that we should just not let it be a tie. :scared:

We did have a warning (in the separate Syndicate thread I think) not to make a tie.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, just now catching up. (I think I did alright on my exams) Voting LC for now, not reading the interactions with bea to be genuine. Still really far behind, though.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Still trying to catch up, but I'm really tired and want to go to bed like nowish. No idea who to vote for though so I hope I'll be forgiven if I end up having to random it.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok, just now catching up. (I think I did alright on my exams) Voting LC for now, not reading the interactions with bea to be genuine. Still really far behind, though.
This sounds like a baddie who acts like he's constantly behind, so he can't really be accounted for his behaviour.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

How is it, that not one regular syndicater voted for LC? How is it, that none of the Rym players don't take that into consideration? Are we missing something here?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Out of all the people who currently have at least 2 votes, I'm considering voting bcornett, because I actually find myself trusting both golden and JJJ, unlike some other of the voters out there. I wonder if they're seeing something that I don't recognize because I don't know him
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Roxy, what is your opinion of the players who now have more than one vote? Can you see yourself voting for someone else, or will you leave your vote no matter what? Can you explain again why you're voting for Matt F?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I need to go to bed. Since I don't see LC as bad at this point, I don't want him to be lynched (and if I'm wrong, I'll kill him :P ), so since neither Epi nor Eloh seem to be garnering that much attention, I guess I'll have to put my vote somewhere else.

Will probably go with bcornett unless something really interesting happens before I go. It's not a good vote because I can't really read him, but I'm putting trust in people that hopefully can read him
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

FZ. wrote:How is it, that not one regular syndicater voted for LC? How is it, that none of the Rym players don't take that into consideration? Are we missing something here?
Is Wilgy not a regular?

I think he's suss but that translated into a vote from me because he kept being mentioned as suss back on day 1 but he was never a lynch contender, which is a thing that I feel scum can then point back at their posts and say "i thought he was suss, see". Anyway I had a vote on him for a good portion of today and he hasn't flinched or questioned it or brought it up, not sure what that says. And now he's lead lynchguy, there's even an unexplained vote from Choutas on him (or well, I havent seen him mention his vote in thread).

So like, I dunno are we missing something here?
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

^ talking about Long Con not Wilgy here, apart from that first sentence
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:How is it, that not one regular syndicater voted for LC? How is it, that none of the Rym players don't take that into consideration? Are we missing something here?
Is Wilgy not a regular?

I think he's suss but that translated into a vote from me because he kept being mentioned as suss back on day 1 but he was never a lynch contender, which is a thing that I feel scum can then point back at their posts and say "i thought he was suss, see". Anyway I had a vote on him for a good portion of today and he hasn't flinched or questioned it or brought it up, not sure what that says. And now he's lead lynchguy, there's even an unexplained vote from Choutas on him (or well, I havent seen him mention his vote in thread).

So like, I dunno are we missing something here?
I don't know Wilgy. I thought he was a Rymer. If he is from TS, he hasn't been a regular since I've started to play, so either he's new, or he's been a regular before I registered and then disappeared
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wilgy joined TS recently, I know him from JTM.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

motel room wrote:^ talking about Long Con not Wilgy here, apart from that first sentence
what do you think about bcornett? Do you agree with Golden and JJJ?

linki: So is he familiar with LC's game?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Erm.. :shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Apologies for the low content stuff over the last couple of days. I will get a chance to eleborate on my Llama gut read during my lunch break.

I like the LC lynch though. Especially over seaside. I have no real read on bcornett and I don't think I could be swayed to vote that way.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

This is starting to look cliquish. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

Something we agree on.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

FZ. wrote:
motel room wrote:^ talking about Long Con not Wilgy here, apart from that first sentence
what do you think about bcornett? Do you agree with Golden and JJJ?

linki: So is he familiar with LC's game?
I don't like bcornett relying on his own interpretation of his meta to defend himself.

JJJ is higher on my To Hang list but if golden is genuine this game I've seen his intuition pay off so yeah.
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ugh, I'm on time to vote but feel like I may be late to the party. This was a very good point.
I should say that I have suspected LC as recently as my last post, though, and I'm a Syndicater, so it's not 100% true. Everyone seems to have ignored my posts, though, as I don't think anyone answered a question I asked... :sigh:

Anyway, the fact that no other TSers are suspecting LC makes me feel a bit better about him. However, I have absolutely no read whatsoever on bcornett, and I think voting seaside or Macdougall at this point seems like a real bad idea. So I don't see a ton of opportunity to influence the lynch with my vote.

Also, I know Golden is a SuperStar Civ, but it's weird to me that at least 2 people (bea and motel room) are willing to just accept his suspicion at face value and go that way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Epignosis wrote:Again, five votes from people who don't know Long Con and aren't from around here.

Commentary. "cliquish" isnt game related. Is it a bad lynch?
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Remember, you've been warned.

Don't miss votes. Don't miss night action PMs.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Reading Seaside's big post I'm prepared to let him live for another day.

Part of me wants to lynch brian. I remembered that it's taken him a day or so to get started in the past, but I'm seeing nothing like town brian from him. Problem is I'm seeing nothing at all from him, and I don't know if lurking would be a scum strategy a player as capable and as potentially involved as brian would do. His response to the Sweden comment on JJJ pings me every time I read it, though, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to give him another day to get going when I'm getting scummy vibes from him.

I'll have a look at long con before the deadline, though, as well as a couple of others, but I don't remember him standing out to me

linki aokiji (did I use link right?) brian has said very similar things about his own meta (and claims that he played no different in his first scum game than in his other games and he was lynched entirely by luck in said game), so maybe in a post history full of at least a decent chunk of helpful posts I'd be less scared, but in a ph as scarce as his I'm not feeling too happy about them at all
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Russtifinko wrote:Also, I know Golden is a SuperStar Civ, but it's weird to me that at least 2 people (bea and motel room) are willing to just accept his suspicion at face value and go that way.
who's suspicion of who am I accepting?
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”