[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by MacDougall »

OMG Crosseyed and Painless just came on the commercial radio station at our work...

Weiiiiird.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:J: Are you staying on brian? If so, explain. If not, explain
That was my plan when I entered the thread just now. I do have the freedom to click on someone else's name though. Should I?
Have a look; I want to see what you think.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Brief appearance. Ask me things.
How was your day?
Splendid, thanks for asking! I spent most of it on planes, trains, automobiles, and a bed, but I'm in great spirits. How was your day?
Russtifinko wrote:
What are you in Sweden for? And what part?
I'm in Stockholm for leisure. I visited Oslo, Norway a few months ago and loved it, so I wanted some more Scandinavia in my diet. I love the umlauts and I love the blondes. :blush:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:You're better than this, J. That is unless you're scum, in which case you're doing fine.

linki: YES.
Better than what? If you're gonna diss The Jay, tell him what your beef is man.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Thinking about whether a supertown J would burst into a near-deadline thread saying "ASK ME QUESTIONS" or "HERE'S WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE MAIN SUSPECTS/TELL ME ABOUT THE MAIN SUSPECTS"/Something outside of the topic of himself specifically, ya know?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

that could've done with a comma to separate what j actually did, which was ask about himself, to what I would've expected: concern re potential lynchees.

Wilgy making this very dramatic...
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
what do you think of Choutas?
While I'm hesitant to rely on a dusty old meta from the ancient era of 2012/2013, I think Choutas is squarely on-meta. His manner of explaining the maneuvers of other players, especially those he knows well, reminds me of the same Choutas from Christmas Past and gives me no bad vibes. His investigative contributions aren't quite where I'd like for them to be though. If I were to generate a rainbow, he'd be a light green I think.
I don't think I remember that about him when he played under his other names. I missed the "Choutas" era though.
I think I've seen this post a decent four or five times over the years:
Choutas wrote:I think I did my debt to the theme. I watched Stop Making Sense last night. I thought it was good. TH are musically great yet my style is miles away from that. New Wave must be my least favorite good period of rock. I have to say however that Girlfriend is Better is really addictive I have it on repeat.
I've played dozens of game with JJJ. He never scumslips and he always had motivation issues when he supertown hard. He must surely have limited time to spend on mafia and he feels he has to set the mood early in to not appear as a lurker(lurker for J's standards).
This might be only a theory, please listen and expand to it. Wouldn't the guys with BTSC(mafia) have the upper hand in claiming the assistant to the CEO? They can coordinate their votes and the required votes are less than the mafia numbers(I think it's 7). With the right coordination they can set some votes after a random guy votes on of them and claim the spot for either RYM or the Syndicate.
I could be blinded by my own sterling assessment in here, granted. :p

Really though, I associate this manner of this accusation does not suit the image I have generated of Player X with town Choutas. It's more than just meta -- he's always been big about Mafia prestige and stating specific perspectives on perceived "supertownies" like Mac, Mungbean, or me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny wrote:Thinking about whether a supertown J would burst into a near-deadline thread saying "ASK ME QUESTIONS" or "HERE'S WHAT I THINK ABOUT THE MAIN SUSPECTS/TELL ME ABOUT THE MAIN SUSPECTS"/Something outside of the topic of himself specifically, ya know?
I'd like to be the latter guy, he's effective. I haven't caught up on the thread though so my suspects are probably the same as before. I'm working on that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

In fact I'm switching to Long Con, at least until I see Wilgy's Part 2. I can't have a bcornett lynch, a tie is better than nothing.

linki: Well is your bcornett read more than just meta? It doesn't seem like it, it goes to show that your first mention of him as one of your suspects was delayed from the others, complete with apology on your behalf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy are you cum?

Same question to all RYM players. Are you all cum?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I am made of it, if that counts. Need I remind you that I was the only person on Day 1 to vote for Long Con, even though today he's not one of my top suspects. He is up there still.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
How was your day?
Splendid, thanks for asking! I spent most of it on planes, trains, automobiles, and a bed, but I'm in great spirits. How was your day?
Good, but busy. It was picture day at homeschool group so I actually had to comb the kids hair and make sure they looked decent :p After that I went shopping in prep for Halloween :D Then I worked.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I am made of it, if that counts. Need I remind you that I was the only person on Day 1 to vote for Long Con, even though today he's not one of my top suspects. He is up there still.
Yeah don't think you are cum.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

You're voting for someone based on their temporary silence combined an apparent difference in meta. Neither of those are solid reasons compared to the eight people I've listed.
I'm literally not more likely to be scum than bcornett. Are you sure about that?

Your reads are your own. Why are you demanding that I share them? I've spent a ton of this phase talking with sig and Long Con. Go read that and tell me why I should vote for them right now.

Floyd's content is definitely not inherently more suspicious than bcornett's. I can understand it being called suspicious, but more suspicious is nonsense. There is nothing to assess beyond a vote.

I haven't seen a good reason to be suspicious of Wilgy.

Epi and llama are getting a lot of crap. I have no strong opinion. Focus on those two: sell me on either of those votes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by espers »

hey people. sorry for abscence, had a 25% assignment to do for today so i've been avoiding internet stuff.
3 hours till deadline, do i have that right?
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Ok J, I would say right now all of these people are more likely to be scum than bcornett: Wilgy, Epig, yourself, Long Con, Russt, sig, Floyd, and llama. That's a LOT of candidates that are preferable to the two that are the most likely to actually be lynched. Nobody knows what they're talking about.

who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy are you cum?

Same question to all RYM players. Are you all cum?
U R CUM

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

The deadline ends in 1 hour and 46 minutes.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Does no one see my para-never mind.

Anyway, JaggedJimmyJay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Does no one see my para-never mind.

Anyway, JaggedJimmyJay.
Your vote is shit, m8. :workit:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

After what Llama blew into the thread and did how can anyone not vote for him I ask? How can anyone not? Lynch this man.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just wait until y'all see what I'm spending my precious time doing right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:After what Llama blew into the thread and did how can anyone not vote for him I ask? How can anyone not? Lynch this man.
I missed it. Please show me, maybe I'll agree. I don't know what's going on right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
You may not be bad, but you're not pro-civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Voting bguy. Work stuff. Don't like lc votes even if I was his day 1 target. Will expand more if anyone needs me too when I can get back to the game.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Mac: I need to go to bed and I can't keep my vote on Wilgy knowing he's writing us an essay and I'm not happy w/ llama either. You're not off the hook, though, doc!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:After what Llama blew into the thread and did how can anyone not vote for him I ask? How can anyone not? Lynch this man.
I missed it. Please show me, maybe I'll agree. I don't know what's going on right now.
thellama73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Apologies for the low content stuff over the last couple of days. I will get a chance to eleborate on my Llama gut read during my lunch break.

I like the LC lynch though. Especially over seaside. I have no real read on bcornett and I don't think I could be swayed to vote that way.
How does one elaborate on a gut read? It's not a rhetorical question, teach me.
I thought it meant he'd try to match his gut's read with an actual read, though he could elaborate the gut read more literally by pointing out exactly which posts made his gut feel irksome
Explaining on someone else's behalf rather than letting them answer themselves? Vote.

Vote Diiny.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

Step 2, work on forming more coherent thoughts about players. Especially ones that appear on my baddiedar.

Long Con

So my thoughts regarding my vote (still subject to change)
Can we please compare his accusations of bea:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Long Con wrote:
bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have my doubts that most mafia teams would be concerned enough with a "Dusk 0" poll that they'd deliberately coordinate their votes beyond a couple people maybe on any one person.
I can testify from experience that a) its not unheard of but also b) it's really really really not a good move to make. I remember one game I played on another site where all but one of our team voted for an advantage to one of our teammates on day 0. After she flipped bad, the civs picked us off one by one. Except the one guy who didn't vote with us. He laughed at us bts. He laughed lots. I still hear his laughter.
bea agrees that the Mafia wouldn't coordinate their votes so early. So, that's the first instance of an opinion of "not-Mafia".
bea wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:My main suspicion at this point is Ricco. First of all, he seems to be saying a lot, without really saying anything. Even when he voiced some suspicion, it's done in an "intrigued" tone, as if he's trying to avoid confrontation. If you add to that what K4J said about how he voted at the end of day 0 on the syndicate, it's another reason to not trust him at the moment.
As for rico - he seems fairly rico for me atm. I don't have a good feel for his civ vs his bad game as I've only played a few with him and tbh, I don't remember where he ended on any of them. (This is my fault not his) but his meta seems to be what I'd expect from him.
I snipped the quote for clarity. Here, bea defends Rico while not defending him at the same time. (This opinion of mine is new upon this reread, actually) If either bea or Rico turn up bad, then this kind of statement would make me look at the other.
bea wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Diiny wrote:I should say that's more than an accusation of you being too quiet per se, it's an accusation of you being fundementally off-meta.

Sorsha also raised my eyebrow, chiming in to answer an easy question about polls and then leaving without sharing any views or making any real attempt to play mafia.

I'm also extremely unhappy with Roxy's off topic to mafia ratio. I won't be happy if you randomise at all. Day 1 is about MAKING concrete evidence through stirring shit and provoking reactions, not just waiting for it to happen and throwing your vote onto random people. :disappoint:
Seems my randomization post got a "provoking reaction" :haha:
It usually does from new peeps. Thanks for taking that bullet. :p ;)

DIINY - Sorsha does that. She's got limited time too. She responds to what's most current/on topic when she catches up.

Rox and others - tend to Day 1 Day 1. We recognise that ALL arguments are based on very little. The weakest of pings. And lacking anything concrete to go on, we reserve the right to random vote.

Some of us feel that a random vote is as logical as a super weak "I got nothing else woe is me" Day 1 vote and JUST as easily manipulated by mafia as a "random" vote. I know one player that refuses to read the roles till like day 3.

I tend to not get anything near a vibe or feeling till like day 3 myself so I understand the random. I've done it. I've done it regardless of being civ or mafia. (Because even when I'm mafia, lots of our games are two mafia teams and then I still want to find baddies, just not my baddies) It's not done, at least in my part, to with hold info. It's done to find info. Some people find info differently than others. Some jump in and look and prod and question. Some sit back and watch the prodding and questioning and go from there. BOTH are needed for the civ cause. :noble:

Different styles for different folks. That's what makes this experiment awesome! :D
Here she defends Sorsha against Diiny's suspicion. Also defends Roxy. Continues that in her next post too... how "Rox and I" have "Civ reasons" for acting this way. How does bea know Rox has Civ reasons at all?
bea wrote:
Long Con wrote:Bea has opinions about who is Civvie, but none about who is bad. A Mafia member knows every Civvie out there, so can proclaim their trust with confidence. I think bea is Mafia, and I'm going to put my vote on her for now.

*votes bea*
Srrsly? Lamest day 1 vote ever LC. I haven't stated at all who I think is civ with confidence. My whole argument is I don't know yet who is or isn't . It's like you aren't even reading my posts....

I expect better from you tbh.
I never said "with confidence". You added that. Are you actually trying to shame me?? :disappoint:

Anyways, gotta go out for lunch, be back in a bit.
to his reasoning (and what I feel is a cop out)?
Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:LC's vote for Bea did strike me as fake...
I have to get ready and leave for work soon, so it's time to cast a real vote. The bea vote was actually fake. I thought, since votes are changeable, I'd make a fake case and see if I could catch any opportunistic baddies trying to latch on to it and follow the vote. It didn't really bear fruit; looking over BWT's reasons for voting bea, he is coming from a completely different angle. The truth is, bea's behaviour is pretty normal for her, and I don't suspect her much at all.
[...]
Sorry for using you, bea! :haha:
Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:RIPIYWG guys :(

Long Con can you explain why you chose bea and what your ideal outcome would have been yesterday?
I chose bea because I saw the opportunity to make the case I did based on the things she had said. She's a good target for this kind of thing, because unlike Epig or Golden or Llama, she's less likely to take an accusation like that and run with it until it's a big polarized head-to-head between me and my accused. My ideal outcome would have been for someone from The Syndicate to take my points and agree with them and vote for bea, revealing themselves as someone willing to go along with a case because it looks good on the surface. Following this, a baddie lynch, led by me, as I humbly accept cheering Civvie accolades. Alternate ideal: bea actually is a baddie and scumslips in some way in response to the accusation.

More realistic: it develops some conversation where I get some pings from people and keep them in mind as the game progresses. However, despite opinions that it was a convincing argument, it ended up being too clumsy, and most of the conversation was about me instead, which was less helpful. It could still bear fruit, as the lynches go on - when we end up lynching a baddie, I'll be checking up on their response, if any, to the situation. Maybe someone who accused me of being bad will end up being bad, which will necessitate a second look at bea.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
This is to be expected from the (oh my, second!)-most recent vote on the bandwagon from hell.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dammit, I was wanting to hit preview to make sure I didn't mess up formatting!!!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That post is incomplete and I will finish it now...
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

The doctor is now embarrassed and aggitated... Here I was trying to get all my thoughts together... grumble grumble...
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Apologies for the low content stuff over the last couple of days. I will get a chance to eleborate on my Llama gut read during my lunch break.

I like the LC lynch though. Especially over seaside. I have no real read on bcornett and I don't think I could be swayed to vote that way.
How does one elaborate on a gut read? It's not a rhetorical question, teach me.
I thought it meant he'd try to match his gut's read with an actual read, though he could elaborate the gut read more literally by pointing out exactly which posts made his gut feel irksome
Explaining on someone else's behalf rather than letting them answer themselves? Vote.

Vote Diiny.
Sure, that's mildly pingy -- mostly because your question to Mac wasn't accusatory, so when Diiny stepped in he wasn't interfering with an interrogation or anything. Anything else to whet my appetite?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nice work on the formatting Wilgy, but you haven't said anything that hasn't already been said.

linki: Not in my opinion, which is why my current vote is not on llama. That being said, it's a much better choice than bcornett.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
This is to be expected from the (oh my, second!)-most recent vote on the bandwagon from hell.
Do you dislike the bcornett bandwagon merely because it's a bandwagon, or because of something in bcornett's actual posts?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
wow. this. putting my vote on rbz for now.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

or not
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Despite him proclaiming me def town, I don't have a read on RBZ.

However, if you agree with Epig that rbz is not bad but pro town, then why vote for rbz? You're still voting for someone you think is civvie.

Sorsha, what do you think of Eloh's vote for RBZ?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Do you dislike the bcornett bandwagon merely because it's a bandwagon, or because of something in bcornett's actual posts?
It's because I've yet to see a good case against bcornett. Like I said, it's a temporary absence combined with meta-related reasons. For a bandwagon of this magnitude that is simply unnatural. If I disliked bandwagons period I wouldn't have temporarily joined the Long Con one to damage the bcornett one.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Matt F wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

However, if you agree with Epig that rbz is not bad but pro town, then why vote for rbz? You're still voting for someone you think is civvie.

"...not bad but NOT* pro town..."

Fixed
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Elohcin wrote:or not
:feb:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
It's because I've yet to see a good case against bcornett. Like I said, it's a temporary absence combined with meta-related reasons. For a bandwagon of this magnitude that is simply unnatural. If I disliked bandwagons period I wouldn't have temporarily joined the Long Con one to damage the bcornett one.
I've considered the LC vote. I have spoken with him perhaps more than anyone in this thread.

He answered to my misgivings. Tell me where you think he's full of it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

Matt F wrote: Sorsha, what do you think of Eloh's vote for RBZ?
No Bueno dude. I like zebras.
espers
Stool Pigeon

Post by espers »

llama's question about the bea/long con thing struck me as loaded, possibly misdirective without making a real stance, as i alluded to here

golden called llama on-meta in one of his readthrough posts, i asked about this, saying i didn't consider him so. he (golden) didn't respond but it was in a multiquote so that's not too alarming. i stand by my earlier meta judgement of llama though, i've seen nothing to diminish it.

voting thellama73
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Matt F wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Please read more carefully. Epi said he MAY NOT be bad, but he ISN"T pro-civ.

To clarify, I was looking at rbz and thinking wow, not at Epi's statement. Although I do agree with Epi. And, I didn't vote for rbz as he isn't on the poll, so Sorsha shouldn't have an opinion of something that didn't happen :p
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Black Rock »

Wow guys, I thought replacing in on day 2 wouldn't hurt so much. I obviously have not been a part of this game and have no idea what is going on. I am probably not going to read every post. I will read the past few pages. Maybe start at where I was announced. If anyone feels kind and friendly and wants to clue me into anything important I should know I would very much appreciate it.
ImageImage
espers
Stool Pigeon

Post by espers »

espers wrote:

who is the other, town lynch candidate if not long con?
i'd like to see this answered soon tbh. if it's not totally clear: you mentioned "two that are the most likely to actually be lynched", and implied they weren't good choices. one is obviously brian. who is the other leading lynch candidate you're talking about?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This is not in OT green.

It's quiet hours at the hostel so I can't actually play the song. Instead, you get mime-lip syncing -- which I had to do in front of another human being who surely thought I was insane. This is the best I can do under the circumstances. XD

Also, here's the actual song so you can play it simultaneously if you so desire.

The lyrics begin at approximately 0:21 of my terrible video and 0:20 of the actual song.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

Of those people with multiple votes on them:

Along with brian, I'd feel ok with a llama or seaside lynch.

I do not agree with a lynch on Long Con or Diiny.

I am entirely neutral on a Sorsha lynch.

Call this a gun-to-head read, if you like.

linki @ BR - tell me about it. I didn't sub in, but I'm currently around 19 pages behind. Admittedly I've probably read some decent chunks of that, but not in order. It's intense. On the bright side, there are LOTS of us struggling to keep up, so you are not alone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”