Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:Dom, are you bad?
nope.
are you?
nutella wrote:I see I've already gotten a vote for not being around much. I'm just now checking in, I am having quite a busy week.

I think that Bullz is, or is one of the teammates of, one of the people who got info. That means that I think there is more than 1/3 chance that he is bad because I think it is likely that the baddie who got info told their teammates. As Epi points out I find it unlikely that all of the team members would vote for it, I wouldn't doubt that a couple of them would, and that there is therefore a greater chance that Bullz is on a baddie team than that he is a civ or indie.

Unfortunately, of course, I can't vote for him. So I'll have to resort to other Day 1 crap. Like maybe the Mac/Matt thing, but as I already said I think that both of them are fucking around uselessly and I'm kind of indifferent to both.
why does bullz have a more than 1/3 chance of being bad?
this reads as rather hyperbolic to me
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:Epi can you please tunnel me and rile me up
Dude, after the week I've had, I don't have the strength. :why:

I'm a high school teacher. I had to email the police. Who emails the police? I do, because I don't have a working telephone in my room, and a 300-pound autistic kid started stabbing the shit out of his textbook.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:Being off the poll Day 1 is hardly a prize worth exposing your team over.

Also, please note the wording:
Long Con wrote:Day 1 has begun. You will be getting a PM about your new location (if you moved) within the next hour or so.

The poll will come up first. Those that voted for Prog will not be on the poll. One Civvie, one baddie, and one Indy role were told at the outset of the poll that this was a possible outcome of the Day 0 poll.
This means there were other possible outcomes.

Don't wrack your brain over this. I don't think it will get you any place.
True; you, Golden, and MacD are right that the entire team probably didn't jump on it. That is to say if they were even told, maybe LC asked the mafia with info to withhold from his teamies.

However, say two or three other players have already jumped on the Progressive vote, and you as a bad guy think "There are others on this poll now, so I won't be singled out if I vote this way." If there was a Mafia with info, I'd put him/her in the later votes. That would mean you, SVS, and BWT. But I think MM or someone has already accounted that you all are progressive folk, anyway, so there's that.

I don't know why you're asking us not to go over this info. It's only Day 1, and as nutella pointed out, Mac and me doing our useless dance is pretty much the only other thing to talk about, and I'd much rather talk about this tbh.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
nope.
are you?
Yeah you are.

Voting Dom.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm keeping a safe distance from Day 0 vote speculation for the time being.

linki - Really?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I would like for Epignosis to elaborate on his suspicion of Dom in a non-exclusively humorous manner if that's not too much to ask.

Side note: Getting any good advice from your BTSC buddies, BUGLA?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Being off the poll Day 1 is hardly a prize worth exposing your team over.

Long Con wrote:Day 1 has begun. You will be getting a PM about your new location (if you moved) within the next hour or so.

The poll will come up first. Those that voted for Prog will not be on the poll. One Civvie, one baddie, and one Indy role were told at the outset of the poll that this was a possible outcome of the Day 0 poll.

True; you, Golden, and MacD are right that the entire team probably didn't jump on it. That is to say if they were even told, maybe LC asked the mafia with info to withhold from his teamies.

However, say two or three other players have already jumped on the Progressive vote, and you as a bad guy think "There are others on this poll now, so I won't be singled out if I vote this way." If there was a Mafia with info, I'd put him/her in the later votes. That would mean you, SVS, and BWT. But I think MM or someone has already accounted that you all are progressive folk, anyway, so there's that.

I don't know why you're asking us not to go over this info. It's only Day 1, and as nutella pointed out, Mac and me doing our useless dance is pretty much the only other thing to talk about, and I'd much rather talk about this tbh.
Hoo boy. Matt bout to Matt. Least I have a town read on him now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:

I'm not asking you to refrain from going over anything. Do what you like.

I'm giving you a piece of advice that stems from my own opinion.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

How in the fuck am I supposed to know its a joke. Jesus fucking Christ :disappoint:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:I would like for Epignosis to elaborate on his suspicion of Dom in a non-exclusively humorous manner if that's not too much to ask.

Side note: Getting any good advice from your BTSC buddies, BUGLA?
Dom has a certain tone I associate with him being bad. So I'm going with that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:How in the fuck am I supposed to know its a joke. Jesus fucking Christ :disappoint:
It's H.

Not "Fucking."

H.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Well that's something at least. Thoughts on BUGLA besides me and Mac, anyone?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:Well that's something at least. Thoughts on BUGLA besides me and Mac, anyone?
Don't know him from Adam.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You don't have to, neither do I.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:So the guy's name is MetalMarsh but he just happened to vote prog here? Not buying it. ;airguitar:
MattF just dredging this post up to feed your madness.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Well that's something at least. Thoughts on BUGLA besides me and Mac, anyone?
I was actually insinuating that your reaction was the scummy one but your complete obliviousness to that totally flipped my ping hahaha.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Is there a copy of the poll? One baddie was told of the poll "prize" so I'd imagine they could share that with their team?

Since Mac posted the same Matt stuff in this game as in dune I'll just repeat what I said there too:
I'm still digesting the Matt f/ Mac thing. I was a civvie tunneled by Matt last game so it's tempting to vote him :meany: but I'd definitely be waiting to see if something else comes up before I place my vote. I'd rather go with a legit suspicion but those don't always come out on day one.
Can you clarify? Matt had tunnel vision in the last game (which game?)? Was he a baddie in that game? Was he right or wrong about the player he was set on suspecting?

And how does that relate to his behavior in this game? Or are you punishing him for an earlier game?

I get if Mac (can I call you Mac?) is set on policy voting for Matt always (although I suspect him for that and don't agree with the concept of policy votes), but I really, really don't understand why you'd follow along with that. Please explain?
Oh and yes. You can.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Are votes changeable?
Votes are changeable in this poll.

Lorab, I just want to observe MacDougall.
Do you want a live video link?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Hoo boy. Matt bout to Matt. Least I have a town read on him now.
Lol
Epignosis wrote:I'm not asking you to refrain from going over anything. Do what you like.

I'm giving you a piece of advice that stems from my own opinion.
Gotcha
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Okay I will explain myself so you all don't get shitty at me single quoting.

I have seen adequate play to justify a look at the game so far with fresh eyes.

So far I have some inklings

1. Matt is town
2. One of SVS or LoRab is scum but not both
3. Zebra is town
4. Sorsha is town
5. Metalmarsh is raising me brows a bit

To be continued
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And I'm going to bed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:I think I get where you are coming from. So thank you for clarifying. Makes more sense. I'm still having trouble with Mac.
Can you please do me a kindness?

I would like for you to try and put into a conversation starter your ping on me so we can hash this out.

I would also like you to do a quick scan of SVS and a brief summary of your feelings there.

That would be lovely.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
I was actually insinuating that your reaction was the scummy one but your complete obliviousness to that totally flipped my ping hahaha.
Wow.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

As requested by the Zebes, thoughts on Buglabush
BUGLABUSH wrote:Hi
Hello
BUGLABUSH wrote:I voted for a2thezebra because he bad
M'kay

I have no good thoughts... (<---waiting for Mac to snip that and make a joke) ...on Buglabush. But he seems to believe you're bad.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
This is unusual. Can anybody else claim that they did anything other than select their fave?
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Wow.
It is okay haha your total lack of consideration that it could have been possible makes you look great.

What kind of wow am I looking at here?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Matt F wrote:Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
For all you know they're just trying to rile you up. Self voting and giving up are not helpful--certainly not if you're civie.

I really don't understand the self vote.
He doesn't appear to be riled up, so their plan isn't working.
The use of they in these two posts is unusual. I am one being.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:Friends may stick together, but don't forget that you might be on different sides in this game.
And that there is no illegal BTSC. 'Cause them both coming in like that is a little suspicious.
Okay I apologise but this needs addressing.

Team Floyd pop in reacting to each others interactions and are only online at the same time.

I see three possibilities.

1. Illegal BTSC
2. Floyd is using alts
3. Flod was given a role by Long Con that involves him posting with two dummy accounts as part of role flavour

I would like to believe it's the third because that would be awesome.

Unfortunately none of the three possibilities indicate alignment. The only reason I am entertaining option 3 is because I have played a role just like it and happened to link the thread in the Talking Heads game to it which may or may not have given LC a last minute idea.

I cannot see how they could be coordinating post timing if they aren't communicating outside the thread.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Matt F wrote:Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
For all you know they're just trying to rile you up. Self voting and giving up are not helpful--certainly not if you're civie.

But you and Sorsha are two beings, hence "they".

I apologize for not being a "player who disrupts the town" during this post. Resume regular Matt F persona.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

But you and Sorsha are two beings, hence "they".

I apologize for not being a "player who disrupts the town" during this post. Resume regular Matt F persona.
Stop with the woe is me. It isn't achieving anything if yoh are town.

I am finding playing two games of scum hunting hard because of the other players in both games. I am getting pings in one thread and accidentally bringing them to the other.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Communicating outside the thread does not necessarily mean illegal btsc. I'd say, for instance, that if I had a close friend playing who I was introducing to mafia its entirely possible we might talk about the fact of playing and co-ordinate to be around and post at the same time without it being illegal btsc.

And you did forget the fourth possibility, which is actual game btsc that is not illegal, although that seems unlikely.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Wow.
It is okay haha your total lack of consideration that it could have been possible makes you look great.

What kind of wow am I looking at here?
The wow is I can't believe no one else thinks BUGLA looks remotely bad here, newbie or no newbie.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Stop with the woe is me. It isn't achieving anything if yoh are town.

I am finding playing two games of scum hunting hard because of the other players in both games. I am getting pings in one thread and accidentally bringing them to the other.
Just a little friendly ribbing.

But you're welcome for setting the record straight on "they". :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:The wow is I can't believe no one else thinks BUGLA looks remotely bad here, newbie or no newbie.
Didn't realize he was a newbie. I got tons of flak for suggesting we lynch a newbie in TH, so good luck with that! :beer:

Anywho, tired, peace out
Image Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Didn't mean to press submit just yet. I have several favourite genres of music and felt that rather than pick one I'd just pick something different. I don't see why it should have to mean something.
This is unusual. Can anybody else claim that they did anything other than select their fave?
I did
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

nutella wrote:I see I've already gotten a vote for not being around much. I'm just now checking in, I am having quite a busy week.

I think that Bullz is, or is one of the teammates of, one of the people who got info. That means that I think there is more than 1/3 chance that he is bad because I think it is likely that the baddie who got info told their teammates. As Epi points out I find it unlikely that all of the team members would vote for it, I wouldn't doubt that a couple of them would, and that there is therefore a greater chance that Bullz is on a baddie team than that he is a civ or indie.

Unfortunately, of course, I can't vote for him. So I'll have to resort to other Day 1 crap. Like maybe the Mac/Matt thing, but as I already said I think that both of them are fucking around uselessly and I'm kind of indifferent to both.
Who says I had info at all? If I did, and especially if I was the baddie who did, what logical reason would I have for making my vote stand out? It just doesn't make sense.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:

Who says I had info at all? If I did, and especially if I was the baddie who did, what logical reason would I have for making my vote stand out? It just doesn't make sense.
I find it far more likely that you selected prog because you had a reason than because you just did. I don't think it necessarily makes you bad, but it may later.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I find it far more likely that you selected prog because you had a reason than because you just did. I don't think it necessarily makes you bad, but it may later.
Fair enough. I was actually asking LA specifically since she jumped straight to that conclusion but I do invite anyone thinking I had info to consider the question. It's WIFOM, but so is the argument that I did have info.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Can't sleep, and I wanted to analyze, scrutinize, and wear out my eyes lookin' at these Prog votes. Not that anything can be done about it today anyway.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm listening to Spock's Beard right now.

Easy poll vote for me. Prog. I enjoy a lot of rock and some metal too.
Easy breezy. Seems sincere, and the very first vote in the poll. Would scum race to the polls to capture their Day 1 prize, assuming MM had info? I don't think so.
Bullzeye wrote:Voting Prog not because it's my favourite. Nor is it my least favourite. It's the only option in the poll I have absolutely no opinion on either way and that makes it noteworthy to me.
:huh: M'man Bullz here seems like he def got some info, but as he will later point out while defending this very post, I don't think he'd be so glaringly obvious as to phrase it like this if he were a baddie. Then again, it's more then likely he had no idea Long Con would tell the town about the info-holders...I dunno I always think Bullz is bad. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one, though I do think he's one of the three that received information.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Prog
Short, sweet, and to the point. Also his username is based on Pink Floyd. Seems pretty sincere, I'd say.
S~V~S wrote:>snip<

Re poll, I like a bit of all of these except country (and I even like a little country, the old school Hand Williams Sr & Patsy Cline stuff my grandparents listened to) so not sure; too bad no Punk. Both Prog & Alternative popped to mind when I first read it, so it will be one of those two.
S~V~S wrote:OK, gonna vote Prog. I like Alternative a lot, plus tons of "other", but my favorite album & song are Pink Floyd.

:ponder: Hmmmm. Takes two posts to decide where to vote, which certainly isn't easy breezy. Those who are more familiar with SVS, does she typically take Day 0 serious enough to deliberate on her polling options? Right now, thus far, I'd say this is the second pingiest, after Bullzeye.
Epignosis wrote:I voted for whatever this is :nicenod:

Doesn't reference "prog", just "whatever this is". Then posts a video of a chair. His way of tellin' us he'll be chillaxin' on Day 1 while the rest of us are on the poll? Honestly, I dunno, I can't read Epi. Epi kinda scares me, tbh. :omg:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Didn't post his vote
Last to vote for Prog, and didn't even post it. :ponder: That's interesting.

Order from most likely to least likely to have gotten information whilst being scum, IMO

SVS
birds
Bullz
Epig
MM
Floyd

Mention of Prog without voting it:
Turnip Head wrote:I voted "other" because indie wasn't an option. I guess it's the new alternative? I have no idea.

I like how pop isn't big enough to have its own option but prog is XD
Nothing to say here, just wanted to post since Prog was mentioned.
Anyway, that was fun. Time for sleep.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

*sigh*

Thought I'd spare folks from having to scroll so much, but if I keep messin' up the spoiler tags like this, I may stop using 'em! :fist:

Night peeps
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

As lame as this subject seems to be... Metalmarsh where does your username come from?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Golden wrote:Communicating outside the thread does not necessarily mean illegal btsc. I'd say, for instance, that if I had a close friend playing who I was introducing to mafia its entirely possible we might talk about the fact of playing and co-ordinate to be around and post at the same time without it being illegal btsc.

And you did forget the fourth possibility, which is actual game btsc that is not illegal, although that seems unlikely.
This is actually true, Luke, Banana, BUGLA and I actually know each other in real life.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:

So you didn't have info? I'm not really sure where the 'bullz has info' thing came from.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MattF - if we are to read into day zero polls - and I'm of the view it can be useful sometimes - I agree that SVS seemed the most deliberate and careful vote. It's not even a ping, for me, nothing to justify a vote any time soon. But it could be something that becomes more relevant to look back on if we have the chance to learn more as the game goes on.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Unless there is a clear reason for a zero vote, I always make deliberate votes especially in a game where I know the hosts are intense. This poll seemed rather simplistic for these hosts and I was somewhat leery of that, tbh.

I would think that if someone knew they were going to benefit, they would deliberate less. And with the exception of Bullz, I think all the Prog voters are known to like Prog. I had no info.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:I think I get where you are coming from. So thank you for clarifying. Makes more sense. I'm still having trouble with Mac.
Can you please do me a kindness?

I would like for you to try and put into a conversation starter your ping on me so we can hash this out.

I would also like you to do a quick scan of SVS and a brief summary of your feelings there.

That would be lovely.
This is interesting. Not becaue I think it says anything about YOU, but what is says about US.

I thought about this post while I took my shower & walked my dog this AM. I don't think Lorab has EVER voted for me in the 6 years we have been playing together, unless I was an outed baddie, and even then, I don't think she has voted for me. In StLGirls Computer Lab game on The Piano, I WAS an outed baddie, my avatar was a cackling demon, my sig said something like "I'm going to kill you all" and she still wanted to think I was on her side. And tbh, maybe I was, becasue i don't recall that I have voted for her in a very long time, if at all. Or NKing her voluntarily, like if my teammates wanted to do it, but i did not and they won type of thing. I can't remember the last time we were bad together, it may have been on LP.

We tend to be in agreement about most things, and I think there is some mutual respect going on there since we play vastly different games, yet still manage to see eye to eye. And that is likely what you are seeing here. I don't even think about it anymore.

I think that anyone else who has played with us over the years would agree with me here.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

So you didn't have info? I'm not really sure where the 'bullz has info' thing came from.
No, I did not. Some people have theorised that I might have had. No idea why nutella leapt to the conclusion that I definitely did. I don't really have anything more to say about it though.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
nope.
are you?
Yeah you are.

Voting Dom.
No.. I'm not... but okay...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

You talking to me?

I was referring to the same they that Sorsha was: zebra and yourface.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Epi can you please tunnel me and rile me up
Dude, after the week I've had, I don't have the strength. :why:

I'm a high school teacher. I had to email the police. Who emails the police? I do, because I don't have a working telephone in my room, and a 300-pound autistic kid started stabbing the shit out of his textbook.
I didn't even have to email the police. They showed up at my house last night. :huh:

They had some paperwork to deliver to my roommate, so nothing unfortunate.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
nope.
are you?
Yeah you are.

Voting Dom.
Here's a bandwagon I can join.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”