Total votes: 18
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:As lame as this subject seems to be... Metalmarsh where does your username come from?
I used to listen to heavy metal quite a bit. I've since transitioned from that phase to classic rock, and then to progressive rock. But the name is alliterative, so I've kept it through those times. I also listen to metal still from time-to-time. Iron Maiden is still one of my top 5 favorite bands.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oops, I forgot.

Dom

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epig and now MetalMarsh. Why are you voting for Dom? I haven't seen anything I would consider even a ping. What am I missing?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
LoRab wrote:I think I get where you are coming from. So thank you for clarifying. Makes more sense. I'm still having trouble with Mac.
Can you please do me a kindness?

I would like for you to try and put into a conversation starter your ping on me so we can hash this out.

I would also like you to do a quick scan of SVS and a brief summary of your feelings there.

That would be lovely.
Certainly, although I have not yet had enough coffee today to promise that I'll be entirely articulate.

I find you suspicious not so much entirely about your jokey post about Matt, although joke posts like that are often made by baddies in order to participate but not add content, but it's really more the explanations after. Having a "policy" vote is a really easy way for a baddie to vote for someone who isn't on their team, and a really good way to hide behind your vote. That you went between saying it was just a joke and saying that you really meant the vote and thought it was good for the town to vote for him seemed like you were waffling enough to be safe with either conclusion. That you've now completely backed off your pseudosuspicion of Matt hasn't helped my thoughts on you.

And SVS is right, I tend to see the best in her. I proved that pretty well last game (granted, I was neutral, throughout the game, but I did think that she was either unrecruited or civ and I was wrong). I can't read her worth crap and tend to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't remember what role I was in the computer lab game, but I think I may have been bad. And I think the last time we were baddies together was Dexter (maybe--not certain of game), and you were on the other baddie team but got BTSC with our team, so we weren't actually on the same team). I have DD's old spreadsheet, but I guess he didn't play computer lab and the spreadsheet only goes up to World Apart (ironically). But, anyway, yeah, that's a really long way of saying I have no read on SVS.

You said earlier that either she or me is bad. I'm curious why you think that. I'm civ, so make of that what you will. You've given me nothing to defend, so I'll just go with eye me all you want, I have nothing to hide, and I don't mind being suspected. :lorab:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:Epig and now MetalMarsh. Why are you voting for Dom? I haven't seen anything I would consider even a ping. What am I missing?
That's just it- he's trying t0o hard to be good. Only bad guys try to look good.

It's fishy I tells ya, fishy. :mafia:

Seriously, I find Dom's posts to be full of bet hedging, like he's unwilling to take a stance on anybody or anything. Even on Day 1, opinions should be forged, even if they are wrong. The areas of conversation Dom has chosen to engage in have been fringe discussions that, again, he doesn't take stances on (apart from a vague "Sounds good to me, then" to Turnip Head's math). When zebra votes nutella for lurking, Dom asks for an explanation about how nutella is lurking, which is an out-of-the-blue question to ask that I find had an obvious answer. Then Dom doesn't follow through with anything on that front ("How does lurking make nutella bad?" or some such push). Didn't happen, and I view that as a soft defense of nutella.

So that's why Dom has my vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Epig, thanks for your very thorough explanation it gives me points to think about. I also noticed that question about nutella lurking and felt the question should have been the one you posed. Could his question have been a soft defense? Maybe so. On the other side of the coin I know I share Dom's penchant for asking questions as it's the best way for me to baddie hunt, so can I really blame him for not asking the exact question I would have asked? Maybe so since it looks like you saw the same question as being pertinent. I'll go back and take a look at Dom's posts and reflect on your other thoughts as well.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Banana, speaking of asking questions you still have not answered my question from yesterday even though you were here to make fun of Mac's post and could have answered it then. Are you just going to ignore me and try to make the question about your vote go away? I think I'll throw a vote your way until you answer me and then I'll see if the answer explains things for me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36

Post by nutella »

I jumped to the conclusion that Bullz had info because his vote post read very strongly to me as if he had info. Why else would he deliberately vote for such an odd reason? In his defense, he says he wouldn't be so obvious about it (but there's always wifom), and maybe he really did just have a bizarre inkling that made the option stick out to him as "notable."

Btw, are we still assuming that only the 3 original people were aware of the info? Do we not think that the baddie would have shared the info in btsc? Someone besides me brought this up, but then people kept talking about 1-in-3 chances.

Also, I think Dom is being his usual nitpicky self and nothing has pointed me to a particular alignment. I find him hard to read because his style in general always bugs me.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:Friends may stick together, but don't forget that you might be on different sides in this game.
And that there is no illegal BTSC. 'Cause them both coming in like that is a little suspicious.
Okay I apologise but this needs addressing.

Team Floyd pop in reacting to each others interactions and are only online at the same time.

I see three possibilities.

1. Illegal BTSC
2. Floyd is using alts
3. Flod was given a role by Long Con that involves him posting with two dummy accounts as part of role flavour

I would like to believe it's the third because that would be awesome.

Unfortunately none of the three possibilities indicate alignment. The only reason I am entertaining option 3 is because I have played a role just like it and happened to link the thread in the Talking Heads game to it which may or may not have given LC a last minute idea.

I cannot see how they could be coordinating post timing if they aren't communicating outside the thread.
1 Is possible, but likely inadvertent and not realizing what illegal BTSC is.
2 As in he signed up for the game with multiple accounts? I can't imagine someone doing that on a friendly forum--and if there was suspicion of such, I'm sure the mods will do something about that.
3 That does not seem likely, as LC asked who they were in the sign up thread.

And you miss the other possibility, that they have BTSC in the game. While Golden throws that out as not likely, I'm not so sure. Occam's Razor and all.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Unless there is a clear reason for a zero vote, I always make deliberate votes especially in a game where I know the hosts are intense. This poll seemed rather simplistic for these hosts and I was somewhat leery of that, tbh.

I would think that if someone knew they were going to benefit, they would deliberate less. And with the exception of Bullz, I think all the Prog voters are known to like Prog. I had no info.
Per the underline - Thanks. It looked like you were being really careful with your vote, and wasn't sure if that was normal for you.

Per the italics - In that case, if you were forced to choose between the other five players who picked prog, does MM stand out to you as the first player who voted in the poll, first player who voted prog?
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

No he is totally someone I would expect to vote prog. So are Epi & BWT. Lots of the people at TS came from a site called Progressive Archives. I was surprised MORE people did not vote Prog, tbh. If one stood out to me it was Bullz, but even if he had info, which he denies, not just baddies had info, so :shrug:

I would be curious about what the other consequences of the poll might be/have been, all the voters for one option being off the poll is very plain vanilla for LC/BR. I wonder if the people who voted for other options might have gotten less public results?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Thank you HamburgerBoy, I will add them to one of the first posts.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ha ha, I thought I was quoting him to copy the links... I guess I was editing his post!

He just asked if I could add these links to the OP:

a2thezebra
BUGLABUSH
Bullzeye
Canuckle
DFaraday
Dom
Elohcin
Epignosis
fingersplints
Golden
HamburgerBoy
juliets
LoRab
Luke11646
MacDougall
Matt F
Metalmarsh89
NANANANANANA_BANANA
nutella
reywaS
sig
Sorsha
S~V~S
TheFloyd73
timmer
TinyBubbles
Tranq
Turnip_Head
Typhoony
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:No he is totally someone I would expect to vote prog. So are Epi & BWT. Lots of the people at TS came from a site called Progressive Archives. I was surprised MORE people did not vote Prog, tbh. If one stood out to me it was Bullz, but even if he had info, which he denies, not just baddies had info, so :shrug:
That's interesting. Any players in specific? Players who you believe are into Prog more then any of the rest, but voted elsewhere?
Image Image Image Image
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Out of habit from the other game I just realized I had impulsively voted for the mods-only vote option. I'll switch to DFaraday right now, since he seems to be the only one that hasn't posted since day 0.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

Know we have had some discussion about the prog thing, I don't think a member of the mafia team would vote for this option if something strange were to happen. If they did I believe they wouldn't vote for it just cuz as in bulls case, but they would pretend to actually like it. Know it could happen, but I won't be putting much weight in it.
Sorsha wrote:
sig wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Matt F wrote:Sorry Zebra, vote stays. I was pretty caught off guard with this nonsense, but as Sorsha demonstrated, it's obviously not just Mac who feels this way. If I'm around after Day 1, legit scum hunting will begin. If not, good luck town! :beer:
I'm sorry Matt. I don't want you to feel like you're unwanted here and I really don't like being associated with advocating the policy lynch of you (or anyone). All I was really trying to say was that if no pings or suspicions or anything came up that I might consider voting you, just today, just this one game.... Not forever and ever on every game we play together. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was hanging up on you there.
Well lets hope something comes up then. Since personally this post seems quite pingy to me. Your basically saying you would vote for someone if nothing else came up since others are voting for him? Though it seems you only made this post since Matt mentioned you specifically in his post. It seems you're backpedaling but still leaving the option of a Matt lynch it is a good wagon for the mafia to join, you won't really need a reason and I can easily see scum making a post like this, then quoting it later in the phase to justify their lynch.
I've already explained how I'd vote today in the posts between LoRab and I. And I thought it was clear that I'd not be voting for Matt? This explanation here was an apology for Matt for making him feel like he's not wanted. Trying to explain what I meant I guess.!
Okay Sorsha I read that over thanks for answering. Right know who are you suspicious off?
NANANANANANA_BANANA wrote:I vote for Matt F because he has caused a lot of arguments for no good reason.
Why Matt didn't Mac start this argument?
Long Con wrote:A message has been written in smoke above you in the sky:
Dear thread,
As we all know, Yin & Yang have been searching for each other their whole life. The least we can do is help them follow their destiny.

I suggest that Yin & Yang meet at E6 on Day 4. We may all enjoy the unexpected results of their encounter.

Yes, dear thread, I understand your concerns. Is this a trap? Are we all going to get killed? Why are you trying to help Yin & Yang?
All very valid questions… But the fact remains that this is the best chance Yin & Yang have of meeting.
Do with that as you please.

Greetings,
A concerned party.
Who wants to crash the yin and Yang party with me on Day 4?
MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Matt F, I'm perplexed by your vote for yourself and the statements you're making in both threads.

Mac, your confusion makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read. :eye:
Floyd, you referencing posts in both threads makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read.
Fine, go ahead, vote for me.

Oh, wait. :haha:
Okay I will ensure you are lynched on day 2 for this post alone.
NANANANANANA_BANANA wrote:Oh come on get a sense of humour!
This is really kinda weird especially considering this was his only other post besides his vote and he didn't answer any questiosn directed at him.
Epignosis wrote: I swear to God I'm going to bring Don McLean back from the dead so he can write a song about the day the humor died.
Who? :P
BUGLABUSH wrote:I voted for a2thezebra because he bad
@BUGLABUSH Why?
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Well that's something at least. Thoughts on BUGLA besides me and Mac, anyone?
I was actually insinuating that your reaction was the scummy one but your complete obliviousness to that totally flipped my ping hahaha.
Wow.
It is okay haha your total lack of consideration that it could have been possible makes you look great.

What kind of wow am I looking at here?
The wow is I can't believe no one else thinks BUGLA looks remotely bad here, newbie or no newbie.
Yeah I don't like BUGLA's posts and I would be willing to vote for him even if he is a newbie.
MacDougall wrote: 1. Matt is town
2. One of SVS or LoRab is scum but not both
3. Zebra is town
4. Sorsha is town
Why is Sorsha town?
I don't understand the SVS or LoRab why would only one be mafia?
S~V~S wrote: This is interesting. Not becaue I think it says anything about YOU, but what is says about US.

I thought about this post while I took my shower & walked my dog this AM. I don't think Lorab has EVER voted for me in the 6 years we have been playing together, unless I was an outed baddie, and even then, I don't think she has voted for me. In StLGirls Computer Lab game on The Piano, I WAS an outed baddie, my avatar was a cackling demon, my sig said something like "I'm going to kill you all" and she still wanted to think I was on her side. And tbh, maybe I was, becasue i don't recall that I have voted for her in a very long time, if at all. Or NKing her voluntarily, like if my teammates wanted to do it, but i did not and they won type of thing. I can't remember the last time we were bad together, it may have been on LP.

We tend to be in agreement about most things, and I think there is some mutual respect going on there since we play vastly different games, yet still manage to see eye to eye. And that is likely what you are seeing here. I don't even think about it anymore.

I think that anyone else who has played with us over the years would agree with me here.
I can believe this I don't see anything weird about SVS/LoRab, but when did I belong to you? :confused2:

S~V~S wrote:No he is totally someone I would expect to vote prog. So are Epi & BWT. Lots of the people at TS came from a site called Progressive Archives. I was surprised MORE people did not vote Prog, tbh. If one stood out to me it was Bullz, but even if he had info, which he denies, not just baddies had info, so :shrug:

I would be curious about what the other consequences of the poll might be/have been, all the voters for one option being off the poll is very plain vanilla for LC/BR. I wonder if the people who voted for other options might have gotten less public results?
This could lead to mafia members, but if three players knew something was going to happen they might have avoided voting for that option regardless of alignment. I think it could help us catch a baddie but at the same time it could hurt the town. So I wouldn't put to much weight in this.
MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:Friends may stick together, but don't forget that you might be on different sides in this game.
And that there is no illegal BTSC. 'Cause them both coming in like that is a little suspicious.
Okay I apologise but this needs addressing.

Team Floyd pop in reacting to each others interactions and are only online at the same time.

I see three possibilities.

1. Illegal BTSC
2. Floyd is using alts
3. Flod was given a role by Long Con that involves him posting with two dummy accounts as part of role flavour

I would like to believe it's the third because that would be awesome.

Unfortunately none of the three possibilities indicate alignment. The only reason I am entertaining option 3 is because I have played a role just like it and happened to link the thread in the Talking Heads game to it which may or may not have given LC a last minute idea.

I cannot see how they could be coordinating post timing if they aren't communicating outside the thread.
This could be possibly but in my own experience it gets rather easy to catch someone with alt accounts especially with the ability to check IP. They could also have legal BTSC considering the map, potential items, and teammates.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:And you miss the other possibility, that they have BTSC in the game. While Golden throws that out as not likely, I'm not so sure. Occam's Razor and all.
Well, not so likely that four real life friends, three of whom are playing for the first time, happen to all be a faction with btsc (eg baddies). So from my perspective it was an Occam's Razor thing too, not a firm statement.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Matt F, I'm perplexed by your vote for yourself and the statements you're making in both threads.

Mac, your confusion makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read. :eye:
Floyd, you referencing posts in both threads makes me wonder how much of the thread you have read.
Fine, go ahead, vote for me.

Oh, wait. :haha:
Floyd I just want to clarify: is this also the answer to my questions of you about Matt and Mac? Maybe I have missed it but I don't see anything else that looks like an answer.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I voted for whatever this is :nicenod:

Doesn't reference "prog", just "whatever this is". Then posts a video of a chair. His way of tellin' us he'll be chillaxin' on Day 1 while the rest of us are on the poll? Honestly, I dunno, I can't read Epi. Epi kinda scares me, tbh. :omg:
Did you play the video?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yes, sir, I did! Turned it off about halfway. It was about a minute of silence and then music I couldn't hear real well if I recall.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:Yes, sir, I did! Turned it off about halfway. It was about a minute of silence and then music I couldn't hear real well if I recall.
If you heard a minute of silence, you need new speakers. :haha:

That's the opener for my third album. I'm kind of famous. :slick:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt F wrote:Yes, sir, I did! Turned it off about halfway. It was about a minute of silence and then music I couldn't hear real well if I recall.
To be clear, I did this exercise late last night, and had my computer volume turned low due to not wantin' to wake roommates up.

Linki - Oh cool. Are you a musician? I'll check it out.
Image Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:Being off the poll Day 1 is hardly a prize worth exposing your team over.

Also, please note the wording:
Long Con wrote:Day 1 has begun. You will be getting a PM about your new location (if you moved) within the next hour or so.

The poll will come up first. Those that voted for Prog will not be on the poll. One Civvie, one baddie, and one Indy role were told at the outset of the poll that this was a possible outcome of the Day 0 poll.
This means there were other possible outcomes.

Don't wrack your brain over this. I don't think it will get you any place.
And this doesn't mean that the civvie, indie, and baddie were told that the prog option would produce this result. They just knew the result was possible.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I'm sick and my brain is muddled.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TinyBubbles "posts" link goes to TheFLoyd73's.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

For the time I will be placing my vote on BANANA, He didn't answer the questions in regard to his vote and his second and only other post was nonsensical.

I also find the reasoning for his Matt vote to be strange so for know
NANANANANANA_BANANA

I'll be around for awhile longer, but will then be off until later tonight. However, unless Banana posts I'll most likely keep my vote on him.

I don't trust Epi enough to follow him on the Dom lynch. Could others who have played with Dom tell me if he is playing scummy right know?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:I don't trust Epi enough to follow him on the Dom lynch. Could others who have played with Dom tell me if he is playing scummy right know?
That's an odd thing to say.

Why would you trust me enough Day 1 to follow me on a lynch? That implies that there are people you do trust right now.

:eye:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

The only reasoning you gave for a Dom lynch is that you think from his tone you could be bad. So anyone else who votes on Dom would either think the same thing or follow your vote based on good faith/trust of your read. Also I don't trust you enough on day 1 to follow your vote, which is why I'm not your vote comes down to nothing but a small meta/tone read. I find it very curios MM voted for Dom.

@MM why did you go with a Dom lynch.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:TinyBubbles "posts" link goes to TheFLoyd73's.
Fixed.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:The only reasoning you gave for a Dom lynch is that you think from his tone you could be bad. So anyone else who votes on Dom would either think the same thing or follow your vote based on good faith/trust of your read. Also I don't trust you enough on day 1 to follow your vote, which is why I'm not your vote comes down to nothing but a small meta/tone read. I find it very curios MM voted for Dom.

:ponder:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm going to continue to vote for an absent canadian, but I feel like canuck is the better bet to timmer right now. I'd like both to turn up and contribute, though.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by reywaS »

Getting caught up tonight...
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The poll will end at 10pm EST tonight.

That means you have 5 hours and 17 minutes left to lock in your vote.

I'm going to work, I'll be back in time and BR should be here for you.

Feel free to remind your fellow players how much time is left in the vote as the evening progresses.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

sig wrote:The only reasoning you gave for a Dom lynch is that you think from his tone you could be bad. So anyone else who votes on Dom would either think the same thing or follow your vote based on good faith/trust of your read. Also I don't trust you enough on day 1 to follow your vote, which is why I'm not your vote comes down to nothing but a small meta/tone read. I find it very curios MM voted for Dom.

See, what I find unusual is that you saw fit to explain this but didn't mention why you haven't followed anybody else's vote. It's not as if Epi's thoughts on Dom have been a hot topic. Your specific mention of it comes a little bit out of the blue IMO.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm looking through ISOs to try and find some pings to actually work off and I'm getting a really clear picture.... so many people are not giving much, it's no wonder there is little to go on.

So, I'm going to ask some specific people some specific questions, and I really want these people to answer these questions. It's time to start generating content.

Bubbles, Canuck, dfaraday, Timmer, splints, rey?

Where are you guys? Are you civilian-aligned? Do you have any opinions on people you think are town? Do you have any opinions on who you think are bad?

Buglabush, Banana, Luke?

How are you finding this game so far? Are you finding anything confusing? Do you feel like you have a good idea of what to do? Do you have any opinions on specific people? Why are you all so quiet?

Tranq, Typhoony?

What is your perspective on the game so far? Do you see anything that you think is noteworthy? Is there a reason that you are not saying much, and if so what is that reason?

Nutella, BWT, Eloh?

You have been a little involved, but haven't said much to give me an idea of your perspective on things. Are you civilian aligned? If I claimed you were just trying to look involved, and not really being involved, would you call that a fair assessment? Who would be your biggest suspect right now?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

NANANANANANA_BANANA wrote:I vote for Matt F because he has caused a lot of arguments for no good reason.
This doesn't make sense. Explain.
What statements are you referring to and how are you perplexed by them?
Image Image Image Image
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Canucklehead »

Golden wrote:I'm looking through ISOs to try and find some pings to actually work off and I'm getting a really clear picture.... so many people are not giving much, it's no wonder there is little to go on.

So, I'm going to ask some specific people some specific questions, and I really want these people to answer these questions. It's time to start generating content.

Where are you guys? Are you civilian-aligned? Do you have any opinions on people you think are town? Do you have any opinions on who you think are bad?

I'm here on my couch with my dog, about to leave for curling in about 10 minutes. I support the civ cause. I do not. I do not.

I'm voting banana for having an obnoxious username. :noble: :noble:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Golden wrote:
Tranq, Typhoony?

What is your perspective on the game so far? Do you see anything that you think is noteworthy? Is there a reason that you are not saying much, and if so what is that reason?
Lots of things happened where I've been like "wat", but where I don't think it makes the people involved bad. See Macs policy thingy against Matt, Matts selfvote, Sorsha following Mac, our new players (Buglabush, Banana, Luke) posting and voting at random and I'm probably forgetting a few.
These things have already been discussed by the time I get here and I don't talk about things I find redundant. In short, it's Day 1.
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

I'll try to read through and comment when I get hoe, but it's a very busy day for me.
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:I'll try to read through and comment when I get hoe, but it's a very busy day for me.
You get a hoe and it's gone get busier.

:workit:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I'm going to continue to vote for an absent canadian, but I feel like canuck is the better bet to timmer right now. I'd like both to turn up and contribute, though.
Why do you think Canuck is a better bet? Do you think her no-showiness (until just now, lol) is more suspicious than Timmers no-showiness (until just now too)?

And although I generally don't love voting for nubs on Day One, not a fan of Nanananas vote. It seems pretty opportunistic to me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

I want to get my vote out now so I can get to bed since I'm super tired. I will be *Voting Sig* because I feel like his random mention of the Epi/Dom thing looks like a forced attempt to appear involved. It just doesn't sit right with me. I have an eye on Nutella for similar reasons.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

I will put some good time into this a bit later. I have things to do in the real world. I am going to defer to Epi and vote Dom.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm going to continue to vote for an absent canadian, but I feel like canuck is the better bet to timmer right now. I'd like both to turn up and contribute, though.
Why do you think Canuck is a better bet? Do you think her no-showiness (until just now, lol) is more suspicious than Timmers no-showiness (until just now too)?

And although I generally don't love voting for nubs on Day One, not a fan of Nanananas vote. It seems pretty opportunistic to me.
In reading my ISOs, Canuck's little pedantic pink extract felt like someone who had paid more attention to the game than many of the other absentees.
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Luke11646 »

Golden wrote:I'm looking through ISOs to try and find some pings to actually work off and I'm getting a really clear picture.... so many people are not giving much, it's no wonder there is little to go on.

Buglabush, Banana, Luke?

How are you finding this game so far? Are you finding anything confusing? Do you feel like you have a good idea of what to do? Do you have any opinions on specific people? Why are you all so quiet?

So far this game is really fun and TheFloyd has told me about how to play so I have a good picture on how to play, and anything I find confusing I just ask him, I don't really think anyone is suspicious and we all go to the same school together and login at school so we login at the same time and post at the same time.
Hopefully this has answered your questions.

Tranq, Typhoony?

Nutella, BWT, Eloh?

You have been a little involved, but haven't said much to give me an idea of your perspective on things. Are you civilian aligned? If I claimed you were just trying to look involved, and not really being involved, would you call that a fair assessment? Who would be your biggest suspect right now?
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

In reading my ISOs, Canuck's little pedantic pink extract felt like someone who had paid more attention to the game than many of the other absentees.
With all the other things going on in the thread, a bit of pedantic pink led you to vote for her? Can you explain just what?
MacDougall wrote:I will put some good time into this a bit later. I have things to do in the real world. I am going to defer to Epi and vote Dom.
Oh my.

I can't read Dom for crap, I have a blind spot the size of the Matterhorn where he is concerned. I wish Epi would explain more what he means here.
BUGLABUSH
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Hi
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Buglabush
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
BUGLABUSH
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Bye
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@SVS - what are 'all the other things going on in the thread'. In my assessment, there is virtually nothing going on in the thread. That's exactly why I asked all those questions?

I have to vote for someone. Some people who I actually do have minor pings on (Floyd and MM) aren't on the poll.

I did just explain exactly why I voted for Canuck. There is nothing more to it, you can look at her iso yourself easily enough. Whereas other absentees feel like they may not even be paying attention, clearly Canuck is.

I don't intend my vote to remain on Canuck, but I'm trying to find the best option in circumstances where I'm not feeling great about the options. I'm hoping that my discussions might begin to lead to some conversation that would allow an informed vote.

linki - wtf @ bugla and floyd?

That helps, for now. Buglabush is already a better option, so that's where I'll vote for now.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Bullzeye wrote:I want to get my vote out now so I can get to bed since I'm super tired. I will be *Voting Sig* because I feel like his random mention of the Epi/Dom thing looks like a forced attempt to appear involved. It just doesn't sit right with me. I have an eye on Nutella for similar reasons.
This is exactly what people were saying to push for his lynch the last game day 1. He flipped town then, and he does these kind of heavily-caveated analyses in other games I've seen of him as well.

Return to “Previous Jobs”