Total votes: 18
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:The only reasoning you gave for a Dom lynch is that you think from his tone you could be bad. So anyone else who votes on Dom would either think the same thing or follow your vote based on good faith/trust of your read. Also I don't trust you enough on day 1 to follow your vote, which is why I'm not your vote comes down to nothing but a small meta/tone read. I find it very curios MM voted for Dom.

@MM why did you go with a Dom lynch.
I do trust Epignosis. Kind of.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
BUGLABUSH
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Y u vote me
BUGLABUSH

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Wanna be friends guys
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

BUGLABUSH wrote:Wanna be friends guys
I'll be your friend if you give opinions on other people in the thread and explain whether you think they are good or bad and why :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Hello players, just a friendly reminder that the poll closes at 10pm EST tonight.

That is roughly 2 hours and 35 minutes, get your votes in!
ImageImage
BUGLABUSH

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Alright then, nice
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Luke11646 »

I'm voting for tranq because he hasn't made any comments and isn't doing anything.
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

BUGLABUSH wrote:Alright then, nice
Yup, I like my vote where it is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
BUGLABUSH

Post by BUGLABUSH »

Stop talking Mr Zebra no one likes you
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

This buglabush stuff is strange as fuck. He has barely made a post of any substance. Epi's point on Dom has very little post content to go by but is rational. These buglabush votes are there with no pretense. There are far better lynch candidates. These votes are too effortless.

Why would anyone who values their vote low enough to throw it away on buglabush not instead put epi's scumdar to the test on a dom vote? If your fucking vote means so little to you put it here please.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Luke11646 wrote:I'm voting for tranq because he hasn't made any comments and isn't doing anything.
I like you. Voting Tranq is always a good idea in my book :noble:
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

BUGLABUSH wrote:Stop talking Mr Zebra no one likes you
Wow.

@Mac, becasue i know Dom is a valuable player if Epi is wrong. And I have seen him be wrong often enough. I want to hear more from Dom before voting him for someone elses tell.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:This buglabush stuff is strange as fuck. He has barely made a post of any substance. Epi's point on Dom has very little post content to go by but is rational. These buglabush votes are there with no pretense. There are far better lynch candidates. These votes are too effortless.

Why would anyone who values their vote low enough to throw it away on buglabush not instead put epi's scumdar to the test on a dom vote? If your fucking vote means so little to you put it here please.
It is rather effortless, I agree. But that three post passage... buglabush saying hi, floyd voting buglabush, buglabush saying bye.... that three post passage...

Well actually, thinking more about it, it feels almost like a ploy to try to get buglabush lynched, so maybe i shouldn't be so hasty.

Why do you think Epi's gut is worth testing? I think I already have a pretty good read on epi's scumdar, without needing to use dom as a lab rat. In this case, he may be right or may be wrong, but I'm also wary of the possibility of Epi doing something to his own ends.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Wow.

@Mac, becasue i know Dom is a valuable player if Epi is wrong. And I have seen him be wrong often enough. I want to hear more from Dom before voting him for someone elses tell.
That implies there are players who aren't valuable if I am wrong about them.

Who are those players and why are they not valuable?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Wow.

I was not making a sweeping statement about every player, just about Dom. I am not willing to lynch him over a tell you won't discuss. TBH, you are right though, in your semantic jab at my crappy wording. I don't know that I would be willing to vote for anyone based on your reasoning without further explanation. I asked for that, did I miss where you posted it?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Wow.

I was not making a sweeping statement about every player, just about Dom. I am not willing to lynch him over a tell you won't discuss. TBH, you are right though, in your semantic jab at my crappy wording. I don't know that I would be willing to vote for anyone based on your reasoning without further explanation. I asked for that, did I miss where you posted it?
You weren't the only one then. sig missed it too.

juliets asked and I said:
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Epig and now MetalMarsh. Why are you voting for Dom? I haven't seen anything I would consider even a ping. What am I missing?
That's just it- he's trying t0o hard to be good. Only bad guys try to look good.

It's fishy I tells ya, fishy. :mafia:

Seriously, I find Dom's posts to be full of bet hedging, like he's unwilling to take a stance on anybody or anything. Even on Day 1, opinions should be forged, even if they are wrong. The areas of conversation Dom has chosen to engage in have been fringe discussions that, again, he doesn't take stances on (apart from a vague "Sounds good to me, then" to Turnip Head's math). When zebra votes nutella for lurking, Dom asks for an explanation about how nutella is lurking, which is an out-of-the-blue question to ask that I find had an obvious answer. Then Dom doesn't follow through with anything on that front ("How does lurking make nutella bad?" or some such push). Didn't happen, and I view that as a soft defense of nutella.

So that's why Dom has my vote.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

If you post like this no one is going to like you BUG....

I wouldn't mind voting Dom. I'm not a good judge of Epi- I always seem to think he's bad but I feel like Mac is civ so far- he's not reminding me so much of his play in TH anyway. I wouldn't be against a tranq vote either.

I feel like the day 0 prof vote discussion is not productive either... Too many what ifs.

I'm in a hurry right now but I'm putting my vote on Dom for the moment.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

My bad then, Epi, I am sorry that I missed it.

That does make sense, i will read Doms posts, from what you say there will not be many.

I had not particularly intended to vote for Bugla or even Nananan, who struck me more with his early vote. I would rather give them a chance to settle in, this being their first game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Golden wrote: Nutella, BWT, Eloh?

You have been a little involved, but haven't said much to give me an idea of your perspective on things. Are you civilian aligned? If I claimed you were just trying to look involved, and not really being involved, would you call that a fair assessment? Who would be your biggest suspect right now?
I am catching up when I can, a couple times a day, and posting once per catch-up. So I am not putting a huge amount of effort into getting involved, but I'm also not deliberately holding back. I always find it hard to have many thoughts on Day 1. I suppoooose my biggest suspect is Bullz, sorta, kinda, just for lack of thoughts on other people at this point. But I can't vote for him. I'm a little curious about the Epi/Dom discussion (but Epi is also off the poll and idk if I'd be convinced to vote Dom). I am very confused by Buglabush and might consider a vote there. :shrug:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:

You have been a little involved, but haven't said much to give me an idea of your perspective on things. Are you civilian aligned? If I claimed you were just trying to look involved, and not really being involved, would you call that a fair assessment? Who would be your biggest suspect right now?
I am catching up when I can, a couple times a day, and posting once per catch-up. So I am not putting a huge amount of effort into getting involved, but I'm also not deliberately holding back. I always find it hard to have many thoughts on Day 1. I suppoooose my biggest suspect is Bullz, sorta, kinda, just for lack of thoughts on other people at this point. But I can't vote for him. I'm a little curious about the Epi/Dom discussion (but Epi is also off the poll and idk if I'd be convinced to vote Dom). I am very confused by Buglabush and might consider a vote there. :shrug:
Is this to imply that you suspect me second to Bullz?

Why couldn't you be convinced to vote for Dom? Does he never draw Mafia roles?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Another important message from your hosts. The lynch ends at 10pm EST, that is around one hour and 35 minutes from now.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This:
Golden wrote:
BUGLABUSH wrote:Wanna be friends guys
I'll be your friend if you give opinions on other people in the thread and explain whether you think they are good or bad and why :)
Was followed by this:
BUGLABUSH wrote:Alright then, nice
Which was followed by anything BUT giving opinions on other people in the thread and explaining whether he thinks they are good or bad and why. If I'm given a reason to think that anyone else is a more valuable lynch than someone who is practically taking enjoyment out of refusing to contribute, (which I believe would not be the case if that BUGLABUSH is town, so this is in no way a policy lynch), then I will change my vote. Give me that reason, please.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bubbles »

SOOO no one really stands out as suspicious at this stage to me but im voting for timmer because i want him to post more
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

TinyBubbles wrote:SOOO no one really stands out as suspicious at this stage to me but im voting for timmer because i want him to post more
You don't think there might be a better candidate out of the lurkers to choose from?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I had the same feeling about Dom's posts as Epi did. Asking empty questions just to appear involved.
TinyBubbles wrote:SOOO no one really stands out as suspicious at this stage to me but im voting for timmer because i want him to post more
Says the person with 2 posts :suspish: Did you miss my question to you Bubbles?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Dom, are you bad?
nope.
are you?
nutella wrote:I see I've already gotten a vote for not being around much. I'm just now checking in, I am having quite a busy week.

I think that Bullz is, or is one of the teammates of, one of the people who got info. That means that I think there is more than 1/3 chance that he is bad because I think it is likely that the baddie who got info told their teammates. As Epi points out I find it unlikely that all of the team members would vote for it, I wouldn't doubt that a couple of them would, and that there is therefore a greater chance that Bullz is on a baddie team than that he is a civ or indie.

Unfortunately, of course, I can't vote for him. So I'll have to resort to other Day 1 crap. Like maybe the Mac/Matt thing, but as I already said I think that both of them are fucking around uselessly and I'm kind of indifferent to both.
why does bullz have a more than 1/3 chance of being bad?
this reads as rather hyperbolic to me
While rereading Dom, I did find this which i find notable becasue I pretty much agree with him here. In general, he does not seem any vaguer than usual. He tends to be a bit more effusive when bad, and no one could call this: "..." effusive. I could see someone who is not used to him coming to this conclusion, but i am not seeing anything different.

But I rezzed him when he was the Serial Killer. Twice, I think, so my opinion is fairly pointless. I don't think I will vote for him though.

Matt if you had not already tossed your vote, who would you vote for now.

Linki @TH~ What is different to you about Doms posts, though? I am missing it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:Linki @TH~ What is different to you about Doms posts, though? I am missing it.
I'm not convinced he's bad yet. I just thought his questions weren't as pointed compared to what I'm used to from him. Minor ping.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bubbles »

@a2thezebra no

@turniphead am i bad? go by my track record!
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Matt if you had not already tossed your vote, who would you vote for now.
I think the vote is changeable so I can still change it before deadline if I want.

If you mean between the leading candidates, the two noobs or Dom, I'd say Banana.

In general, not sure yet.

Also, SVS, I think you may have missed my post...
Matt F wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No he is totally someone I would expect to vote prog. So are Epi & BWT. Lots of the people at TS came from a site called Progressive Archives. I was surprised MORE people did not vote Prog, tbh. If one stood out to me it was Bullz, but even if he had info, which he denies, not just baddies had info, so :shrug:
That's interesting. Any players in specific? Players who you believe are into Prog more then any of the rest, but voted elsewhere?
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:This buglabush stuff is strange as fuck. He has barely made a post of any substance. Epi's point on Dom has very little post content to go by but is rational. These buglabush votes are there with no pretense. There are far better lynch candidates. These votes are too effortless.

I feel like you could make this point about any player.
Sorsha wrote:
If you post like this no one is going to like you BUG....

I wouldn't mind voting Dom. I'm not a good judge of Epi- I always seem to think he's bad but I feel like Mac is civ so far- he's not reminding me so much of his play in TH anyway. I wouldn't be against a tranq vote either.

I feel like the day 0 prof vote discussion is not productive either... Too many what ifs.

I'm in a hurry right now but I'm putting my vote on Dom for the moment.
...This says no reason to vote for me at all. Just who she wouldn't vote for. That's weird tbqh.
Turnip Head wrote:I had the same feeling about Dom's posts as Epi did. Asking empty questions just to appear involved.
I was satisfied with your answer. I moved on. I don't see why that's suspicious.
Why didn't you say you found it suspicious until Epig did?
Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:Epig and now MetalMarsh. Why are you voting for Dom? I haven't seen anything I would consider even a ping. What am I missing?
That's just it- he's trying t0o hard to be good. Only bad guys try to look good.

It's fishy I tells ya, fishy. :mafia:

Seriously, I find Dom's posts to be full of bet hedging, like he's unwilling to take a stance on anybody or anything. Even on Day 1, opinions should be forged, even if they are wrong. The areas of conversation Dom has chosen to engage in have been fringe discussions that, again, he doesn't take stances on (apart from a vague "Sounds good to me, then" to Turnip Head's math). When zebra votes nutella for lurking, Dom asks for an explanation about how nutella is lurking, which is an out-of-the-blue question to ask that I find had an obvious answer. Then Dom doesn't follow through with anything on that front ("How does lurking make nutella bad?" or some such push). Didn't happen, and I view that as a soft defense of nutella.

So that's why Dom has my vote.
I was asking Zebra about nutella mainly because I wanted to know why nutella was singled out.
To be honest, Epi, I'm asking questions to see what people say. If I'm bad for doing that, that's a load of BS. I'm not bad, and you never answered me about whether you are or not, by the way.

I suppose that's a NO U.

I don't advocate an Epi lynch, but I feel his "case" on me is BS and I can't believe I'm leading in a Day 1 lynch right now when no one's even heard from me on the subject.

Huge eye on Sorsha.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

TinyBubbles wrote:@a2thezebra no

@turniphead am i bad? go by my track record!
Why no? And why should we go by your track record as opposed to the content of your posts in this game?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I had the same feeling about Dom's posts as Epi did. Asking empty questions just to appear involved.
I was satisfied with your answer. I moved on. I don't see why that's suspicious.
Why didn't you say you found it suspicious until Epig did?
I was planning on taking more of a wait-and-see approach.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I would agree that the case against you is BS, Dom, but that might because I'm less familiar with your meta than some of the people that are on it. Could you give us some more of your reads, perhaps? Such as who you most likely will be voting for?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt F wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Matt if you had not already tossed your vote, who would you vote for now.
I think the vote is changeable so I can still change it before deadline if I want.

If you mean between the leading candidates, the two noobs or Dom, I'd say Banana.

In general, not sure yet.

Also, SVS, I think you may have missed my post...
Matt F wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No he is totally someone I would expect to vote prog. So are Epi & BWT. Lots of the people at TS came from a site called Progressive Archives. I was surprised MORE people did not vote Prog, tbh. If one stood out to me it was Bullz, but even if he had info, which he denies, not just baddies had info, so :shrug:
That's interesting. Any players in specific? Players who you believe are into Prog more then any of the rest, but voted elsewhere?
I did, actually. I just went and looked at the poll, i was surprised at how few regulars there are playing this game. So overall, I think all of the proggers voted Prog. So not sure what if anything that means. I would like to know what, if anything, the other options brought, since that seems rather random for a night poll, especially an LC/BR night poll. Perhaps subsequent night polls will give us more direction.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:I don't advocate an Epi lynch, but I feel his "case" on me is BS and I can't believe I'm leading in a Day 1 lynch right now when no one's even heard from me on the subject.
What I said about you is from 11:27 this morning. You waited until there was little more than an hour to speak on the subject. You can't expect people to sit around and wait for that sort of thing.

Why is my "case" (apostrophes yours) on you bullshit, and if it is, why don't you advocate for my lynch? If what I'm spewing is bullshit, *I* should be lynched.

I think I'm right, and you're unhappy with how this Day has turned out.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Luke11646 wrote:I'm voting for tranq because he hasn't made any comments and isn't doing anything.
I just looked at your posts and none of them, until this one, are game related. One could say you've been making comments but haven't been doing anything. :ponder:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Don't tell me you just disappeared after that last post Dom because THAT would make me vote for you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:

Is this to imply that you suspect me second to Bullz?

Why couldn't you be convinced to vote for Dom? Does he never draw Mafia roles?
I am absolutely not discounting the possibility that Dom is bad. I just don't see any particular reason to vote for him at this stage. I'm not really leaning in either direction in my read of Dom yet.

And largely the same goes for you, but you stand out a little bit more to me for pushing the Dom thing. Then again, I always seem to find your early-game reads & behavior to be off-putting, so as with Dom it's more of a consistent reaction to your style that doesn't really clue me in on your alignment.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It is unfortunate that my actual preferable lynch candidates are not on the poll. Hence why I am deferring to Epi here who has given the most assured day 1 case that I have seen.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:I don't advocate an Epi lynch, but I feel his "case" on me is BS and I can't believe I'm leading in a Day 1 lynch right now when no one's even heard from me on the subject.
What I said about you is from 11:27 this morning. You waited until there was little more than an hour to speak on the subject. You can't expect people to sit around and wait for that sort of thing.

Why is my "case" (apostrophes yours) on you bullshit, and if it is, why don't you advocate for my lynch? If what I'm spewing is bullshit, *I* should be lynched.

I think I'm right, and you're unhappy with how this Day has turned out.
Your pretension doesn't equal you're right.
TBQH, Rob, kindly excuse me for being in class all day. I didn't wait. I am catching up now.

That's not even true? Just because you're wrong doesn't mean you're bad? Like what the hell???

a2thezebra wrote:I would agree that the case against you is BS, Dom, but that might because I'm less familiar with your meta than some of the people that are on it. Could you give us some more of your reads, perhaps? Such as who you most likely will be voting for?
I'll likely be voting in self preservation.
I think Sorsha's vote on me was suspect AF.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Pushing the Dom thing."

I have to pick someone to vote for. I have to have a reason for voting that person. I have to try to get that person lynched. Otherwise I'm just coming in and voting and not giving a toss.

nutella, what WOULD give you a clue as to my alignment? I'm curious.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

a2thezebra wrote:Don't tell me you just disappeared after that last post Dom because THAT would make me vote for you.
JFC is 19 minutes between posts too long!!?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:It is unfortunate that my actual preferable lynch candidates are not on the poll. Hence why I am deferring to Epi here who has given the most assured day 1 case that I have seen.
:eye:

linki - When you're about to be lynched, you bet it is.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epi, your logic that because I think you are wrong about me that I should think you are bad baffles me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It is unfortunate that my actual preferable lynch candidates are not on the poll. Hence why I am deferring to Epi here who has given the most assured day 1 case that I have seen.

My life doesn't revolve around mafia?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:

Lol what would you prefer I do Zebra?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

I'm not suspicious of anyone with votes, but Buglabush seems not interested at all in playing the game, even less than people who haven't posted at all.
*votes*
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I would agree that the case against you is BS, Dom, but that might because I'm less familiar with your meta than some of the people that are on it. Could you give us some more of your reads, perhaps? Such as who you most likely will be voting for?
I'll likely be voting in self preservation.
I think Sorsha's vote on me was suspect AF.
Yeah, but like, maybe other reads that you hadn't already mentioned? Oh dear.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Epi, your logic that because I think you are wrong about me that I should think you are bad baffles me.
Anybody I accuse of being bad is going to say I'm wrong about them.

This is Mafia 101.

It's more than that to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony wrote:I'm not suspicious of anyone with votes, but Buglabush seems not interested at all in playing the game, even less than people who haven't posted at all.
*votes*
Dom wasn't interested either until he got votes on him. If buglabush was scum I would imagine his team would be screaming at him to contribute, probably even post coaching.

Bug looks like an island to me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”