Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 1

Post by Sorsha »

@Dom- I don't see what's wrong with stating who I'm not voting for... It's day one and I don't have a huge feel on anyone yet. It's easier to spot civ behavior for me that bad sometimes is what I was trying to get at there. Im feeling civ vibes from Mac so far and while I'm not good at pinning down Epis alliance in most games I do agree with him on the points he's made on you. And you no u me?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Excuse me for another interruption, the vote ends at 10pm EST, that is 41 minutes from now.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:It is unfortunate that my actual preferable lynch candidates are not on the poll. Hence why I am deferring to Epi here who has given the most assured day 1 case that I have seen.
I've played enough games with Epi to know he always makes assured cases. It doesn't mean he's always right. If you suspect Dom, then fine, but you're putting it all on Epi's shoulders here.

You called the votes on the noobs effortless. I think your vote is just as effortless.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:It is unfortunate that my actual preferable lynch candidates are not on the poll. Hence why I am deferring to Epi here who has given the most assured day 1 case that I have seen.
:eye:

linki - When you're about to be lynched, you bet it is.
Lol what would you prefer I do Zebra?
Pretty much anything but weakly echo a case that is relying primarily on meta that you aren't even familiar with yourself.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

a2thezebra wrote:
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I would agree that the case against you is BS, Dom, but that might because I'm less familiar with your meta than some of the people that are on it. Could you give us some more of your reads, perhaps? Such as who you most likely will be voting for?
I'll likely be voting in self preservation.
I think Sorsha's vote on me was suspect AF.
Yeah, but like, maybe other reads that you hadn't already mentioned? Oh dear.
I think Sorsha is suspect.

I have read SVS as either indi or civ so far. I think Rob is wrong, but not necessarily bad. I have had one game day to really make reads-- are you looking for detailed opinions on everyone, because that isn't happening.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Because I agreed with the case on you?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:
I've played enough games with Epi to know he always makes assured cases. It doesn't mean he's always right. If you suspect Dom, then fine, but you're putting it all on Epi's shoulders here.

You called the votes on the noobs effortless. I think your vote is just as effortless.
My vote would be on SVS if she was on the poll.

I spent a lot of my day engaging people who aren't votable. We are at days end and the best votable case in the game is Epi's Dom case.

At least I have given a reason for my vote. Sometimes a civ should follow. Epi looks town and he has a good scumdar.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sorsha wrote:@Dom- I don't see what's wrong with stating who I'm not voting for... It's day one and I don't have a huge feel on anyone yet. It's easier to spot civ behavior for me that bad sometimes is what I was trying to get at there. Im feeling civ vibes from Mac so far and while I'm not good at pinning down Epis alliance in most games I do agree with him on the points he's made on you. And you no u me?
Quitely honestly, Sorsha you have yet to state a single behavior I have made that you find suspicious. You name reasons to vote for anyone else and then vote me. That's weird.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head, I would go a step further and say Mac's vote is significantly more effortless than the lurker/newbie votes and even the self-vote.

linki @ Dom - Where did I imply that I was demanding detailed opinions on everyone? Just more reads than a single person who you're basically voting for to save your own skin anyway.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:

While I agree with you, I don't mind taking responsibility for my vote.

I think Dom is bad.

I have said why in detail.

If I fail to take down Mafia Day 1, then that's how it is.

I stand by my vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

I voted for Banana. His/her vote on Matt is simply false, weird, and suspicious.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Pretty much anything but weakly echo a case that is relying primarily on meta that you aren't even familiar with yourself.
Not good enough. If your primary scum candidates were not votable, you were commuting across the country and only posting at red lights and piss stops and there were 40 minutes left to vote... what would you do?

Why is your bug vote stronger than my Dom vote? What is your bug case again? How is it better than Epis?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

a2thezebra wrote:Turnip Head, I would go a step further and say Mac's vote is significantly more effortless than the lurker/newbie votes and even the self-vote.

linki @ Dom - Where did I imply that I was demanding detailed opinions on everyone? Just more reads than a single person who you're basically voting for to save your own skin anyway.
I didn't mean to imply that... I simply was unsure of what you expected in a response.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Not good enough. If your primary scum candidates were not votable, you were commuting across the country and only posting at red lights and piss stops and there were 40 minutes left to vote... what would you do?

Why is your bug vote stronger than my Dom vote? What is your bug case again? How is it better than Epis?
TBQH, I think your Dom vote is weird because you seem to want Epi to be responsible for my mislynch rather than you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

TBQH, I think your Dom vote is weird because you seem to want Epi to be responsible for my mislynch rather than you.
Not a single player here is going to think Epi looks worse than me of you flip civ. My vote on your is echoing his case. That is not my agenda one iota and please don't claim scum me would be that black and white. I am better than that.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:"Pushing the Dom thing."

I have to pick someone to vote for. I have to have a reason for voting that person. I have to try to get that person lynched. Otherwise I'm just coming in and voting and not giving a toss.

nutella, what WOULD give you a clue as to my alignment? I'm curious.
I don't really have an answer to that. Different behaviors can make me suspect or trust players and it depends on the context of the game. I just usually don't have such reads/much material to base them on when it's still day 1.

Hmm, Dom suspects Sorsha, apparently because of her easy vote for him? I have to vote quite soon so I will look over that exchange and perhaps vote for either Sorsha or Buglabush. Feels like a really weak day 1 vote all around, I hope we get lucky.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Switching my vote to bubbles.

Bubbles would normally say 'I am town'.

For her to say "Am I bad? Go by my track record" looks to me... suspiciously like someone trying to avoid saying that she is civ.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I'm not suspicious of anyone with votes, but Buglabush seems not interested at all in playing the game, even less than people who haven't posted at all.
*votes*
Dom wasn't interested either until he got votes on him. If buglabush was scum I would imagine his team would be screaming at him to contribute, probably even post coaching.

Bug looks like an island to me.
I also want to respond to this.

Explain my disinterest. How was I disinterested?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Dios H. mio. I'm going to answer your questions in quotes from now on until you decide that my posts are worth reading.
a2thezebra wrote:This:
Golden wrote:
BUGLABUSH wrote:Wanna be friends guys
I'll be your friend if you give opinions on other people in the thread and explain whether you think they are good or bad and why :)
Was followed by this:
BUGLABUSH wrote:Alright then, nice
Which was followed by anything BUT giving opinions on other people in the thread and explaining whether he thinks they are good or bad and why. If I'm given a reason to think that anyone else is a more valuable lynch than someone who is practically taking enjoyment out of refusing to contribute, (which I believe would not be the case if that BUGLABUSH is town, so this is in no way a policy lynch), then I will change my vote. Give me that reason, please.
a2thezebra wrote:I would agree that the case against you is BS, Dom, but that might because I'm less familiar with your meta than some of the people that are on it. Could you give us some more of your reads, perhaps? Such as who you most likely will be voting for?
To recap, the case against Dom is entirely meta-based. It might be accurate, but based on Dom's behavior in this game alone, I don't see anything remotely suspicious (until recently that is) and I don't think you should have either. Compare that to one of the most obvious newbie-lurker-scum performances I think I've ever seen, and yeah.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Typhoony wrote:I'm not suspicious of anyone with votes, but Buglabush seems not interested at all in playing the game, even less than people who haven't posted at all.
*votes*
I agree with this. Dom is the unfortunate case where simply trying to make something out of a low-content day 1 naturally opens up more room for criticism than the many that are getting by with virtually no comment at all, and he's clearly interested enough that he'll continue participating later in the game (plus experience and all that). BUG is just playing silly and at least on RYM, seeing a new player do that usually means they're bored and won't stick around. Plus, I want to break dat tie.

BUGLABUSH
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Still a lot of votes missing. we have 27 minutes left
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Switching my vote to bubbles.

For her to say "Am I bad? Go by my track record" looks to me... suspiciously like someone trying to avoid saying that she is civ.
Damn, son. Nice catch.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Macdoughal, what do you think of nutella?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think Dom is town.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epi's case against Dom might be great for all I know, but that's just the problem, I can't know. It's meta-based. It makes no sense to echo a meta-based case when you yourself aren't familiar with the meta of the lynch candidate, especially when you were the one boasting earlier about how poor the reasoning against BUGLA is.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:hmmm:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:

Damn, son. Nice catch.
Partial credit por favor.
a2thezebra wrote:
TinyBubbles wrote:@a2thezebra no

@turniphead am i bad? go by my track record!
Why no? And why should we go by your track record as opposed to the content of your posts in this game?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay, I'm voting for Sorsha. Her early comments on Matt/Mac are confusing, and it looks like she tagged onto the Dom ping as an easy excuse not to vote for Matt or Mac (because she said she would if "nothing else came up"). She hedged around any actual reasoning for following Epi's lead. Now That's What I Call Opportunistic™!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:I think Dom is town.
:noble:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, I don't think Dom would set me up like that if he were actually bad, so no way am I voting for him.

I would prefer not to vote for a nub on day one, but I don't want to lynch Dom and I think that Nanananas vote was bogus as well. So I am going to put my vote there.

And if you're the SK again Dom, seriously, never talking to you again.

linki linki linki STOP POSTING YOU GUYS :sigh:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

If bubbles is bad, I'm prefectly happy to give you partial credit, zebra. My point, though, is specifically meta, in that bubbles more or less leaps out of her skin to claim she is civ in every game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
*votes*
Dom wasn't interested either until he got votes on him. If buglabush was scum I would imagine his team would be screaming at him to contribute, probably even post coaching.

Low post content comparatively.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Voted for Sorsha.

The Bubbles catch is interesting indeed. I don't feel like it merits a vote yet -- I'd like to see her response first.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:Macdoughal, what do you think of nutella?
Tasty spread.

Nutella looks scummy too.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I could also go for a BUG lynch, wasn't fond of his comment to zebra mostly. Also if he's getting tips from Floyd or some bad btsc partner he could just be playing the noob card, it worked for quite a while when Floyd did it and was bad. If Dom is going to be around and contribute like he is now I would likely think better of him. I'm also reminded of his play in the gentlemans guide game when he was a low laying baddie who ended up winning.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
*votes*

Have you played with Dom?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
*votes*

How the hell does this express low interest?

Are you equally suspicious of nutella, then?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

People are saying I'm laying low now?

What the fuck?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:If bubbles is bad, I'm prefectly happy to give you partial credit, zebra. My point, though, is specifically meta, in that bubbles more or less leaps out of her skin to claim she is civ in every game.
I know, I was half-joking since we had different points anyway. If that does go so strongly against her meta I could see myself voting for her tomorrow. But today I haven't seen another lynch candidate that comes close to BUGLA's uncompromising nonsense.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
*votes*

Where's that siren GIF when you need it?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Not ahving the highest post count in the thread doesn't make you laying low. How the hell does that make any sense?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorsha wrote:I could also go for a BUG lynch, wasn't fond of his comment to zebra mostly. Also if he's getting tips from Floyd or some bad btsc partner he could just be playing the noob card, it worked for quite a while when Floyd did it and was bad. If Dom is going to be around and contribute like he is now I would likely think better of him. I'm also reminded of his play in the gentlemans guide game when he was a low laying baddie who ended up winning.
Can this opinion become unanimous please? I don't see how it isn't obvious that that's what's going on.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Pushing the Dom thing."

I have to pick someone to vote for. I have to have a reason for voting that person. I have to try to get that person lynched. Otherwise I'm just coming in and voting and not giving a toss.

nutella, what WOULD give you a clue as to my alignment? I'm curious.
I don't really have an answer to that. Different behaviors can make me suspect or trust players and it depends on the context of the game. I just usually don't have such reads/much material to base them on when it's still day 1.

Hmm, Dom suspects Sorsha, apparently because of her easy vote for him? I have to vote quite soon so I will look over that exchange and perhaps vote for either Sorsha or Buglabush. Feels like a really weak day 1 vote all around, I hope we get lucky.
No no bloody no.
nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:
Golden wrote: Nutella, BWT, Eloh?

You have been a little involved, but haven't said much to give me an idea of your perspective on things. Are you civilian aligned? If I claimed you were just trying to look involved, and not really being involved, would you call that a fair assessment? Who would be your biggest suspect right now?
I am catching up when I can, a couple times a day, and posting once per catch-up. So I am not putting a huge amount of effort into getting involved, but I'm also not deliberately holding back. I always find it hard to have many thoughts on Day 1. I suppoooose my biggest suspect is Bullz, sorta, kinda, just for lack of thoughts on other people at this point. But I can't vote for him. I'm a little curious about the Epi/Dom discussion (but Epi is also off the poll and idk if I'd be convinced to vote Dom). I am very confused by Buglabush and might consider a vote there. :shrug:
Is this to imply that you suspect me second to Bullz?

Why couldn't you be convinced to vote for Dom? Does he never draw Mafia roles?
I am absolutely not discounting the possibility that Dom is bad. I just don't see any particular reason to vote for him at this stage. I'm not really leaning in either direction in my read of Dom yet.

And largely the same goes for you, but you stand out a little bit more to me for pushing the Dom thing. Then again, I always seem to find your early-game reads & behavior to be off-putting, so as with Dom it's more of a consistent reaction to your style that doesn't really clue me in on your alignment.
You said that big thing there.

If I don't do something that clues you in on my alignment, that implies I could do something that would clue you in on my alignment.

You're wiggling out of that question because you made a comment you can't back up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Epi's case against Dom might be great for all I know, but that's just the problem, I can't know. It's meta-based. It makes no sense to echo a meta-based case when you yourself aren't familiar with the meta of the lynch candidate, especially when you were the one boasting earlier about how poor the reasoning against BUGLA is.
Your rationalisation is bizarre. I am putting faith in an Epi town read and his scumdar. I don't have a read on Dom but he does. I haven't said I agree with his case I am deferring to him in lieu of my options.

I like that his lynch is not easily forthcoming too.

Linki: saying you have displayed disinterest due to low post count does not equal me accusing you of laying low. It does not form the foundation of any case on you. Contextually I was pointing out that you did not have more interest than anyome else. You are shuffling around intent to shift focus from you. Hold still while we lynch you.

Golden doesn't this look like your day 1 overreaction scum tell?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

a2thezebra wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I could also go for a BUG lynch, wasn't fond of his comment to zebra mostly. Also if he's getting tips from Floyd or some bad btsc partner he could just be playing the noob card, it worked for quite a while when Floyd did it and was bad. If Dom is going to be around and contribute like he is now I would likely think better of him. I'm also reminded of his play in the gentlemans guide game when he was a low laying baddie who ended up winning.
Can this opinion become unanimous please? I don't see how it isn't obvious that that's what's going on.
I guess I still just feel bad voting a new player out on the first day....
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Epignosis wrote:That's an odd thing to say.

Why would you trust me enough Day 1 to follow me on a lynch? That implies that there are people you do trust right now.
Epignosis wrote:That implies there are players who aren't valuable if I am wrong about them.

Who are those players and why are they not valuable?
Epignosis wrote:If I don't do something that clues you in on my alignment, that implies I could do something that would clue you in on my alignment.
:eye: :eye: :eye:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Epi's case against Dom might be great for all I know, but that's just the problem, I can't know. It's meta-based. It makes no sense to echo a meta-based case when you yourself aren't familiar with the meta of the lynch candidate, especially when you were the one boasting earlier about how poor the reasoning against BUGLA is.
Your rationalisation is bizarre. I am putting faith in an Epi town read and his scumdar. I don't have a read on Dom but he does. I haven't said I agree with his case I am deferring to him in lieu of my options.

Linki: saying you have displayed disinterest due to low post count does not equal me accusing you of laying low. It does not form the foundation of any case on you. Contextually I was pointing out that you did not have more interest than anyome else. You are shuffling around intent to shift focus from you. Hold still while we lynch you.

Golden doesn't this look like your day 1 overreaction scum tell?
This is exactly what I'm talking about...
"I don't have a readon on Dom but he does."
"I am putting faith in an Epi town read"
How does Epi being civvie mean I'm bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:That's an odd thing to say.

Why would you trust me enough Day 1 to follow me on a lynch? That implies that there are people you do trust right now.
Epignosis wrote:That implies there are players who aren't valuable if I am wrong about them.

Who are those players and why are they not valuable?
Epignosis wrote:If I don't do something that clues you in on my alignment, that implies I could do something that would clue you in on my alignment.
:eye: :eye: :eye:
Hello.

Do you speak English.

I do.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

If you speak English, Epi, why didn't you answer my question?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:

So you admit that you don't even have a read on the person you're voting for, and that you've hand-picked someone who you think is town to decide your opinions for you in a game where there are no guarantees of any alignment of your own, but MY rationalization is bizarre.
MacDougall wrote:Golden doesn't this look like your day 1 overreaction scum tell?
Um...

linki@Sorsha - He's begging for it. He brought it on himself.

Return to “Previous Jobs”