Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 211

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 3

Post by Epignosis »

HamburgerBoy wrote:I'm busy with some family stuff and will have spotty activity over the weekend, so to cast my first vote before the deadline in a few hours, I think Luke is as good a target as any right now.
"As good a target as any right now?" What does that even mean? It's Day 4, not 1. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 4

Post by juliets »

I am torn about Luke because he could easily be just an inactive civ like Draconus was asking about or like others have said he could be hiding behind his low posts. Tranq pointed out the few questions Luke asked but there is no digging for info like I would expect from someone who asks questions. There's just not a lot there (though SVS makes a good point that he has posted more than Canuck who voted for him for not being present). Despite some reservations (like this is feeling like a bandwagon) I'm going to go ahead and vote Luke and change my vote if something else comes up that I feel is a better vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:No time to chat today. Voting Luke for being (essentially) a no-show. Hopefully will be back to chat before lunch 2 tomorrow
I just looked, and Luke actually has more posts than you do :suspish:

I can see the reason Luke is taking votes~ he is really blendy which catches my eye more than the post count, and might vote for him myself, although I still suspect Nutella for reasons unassociated with Bubbles. And this post has gotten my attention on Canuck, so i am going to reread her, should not take long. That has to be one of the most bandwaggony votes i can recall seeing in some time.
Hm....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:No time to chat today. Voting Luke for being (essentially) a no-show. Hopefully will be back to chat before lunch 2 tomorrow
I just looked, and Luke actually has more posts than you do :suspish:

I can see the reason Luke is taking votes~ he is really blendy which catches my eye more than the post count, and might vote for him myself, although I still suspect Nutella for reasons unassociated with Bubbles. And this post has gotten my attention on Canuck, so i am going to reread her, should not take long. That has to be one of the most bandwaggony votes i can recall seeing in some time.
I agree with you completely on Canuck.

But what are these reasons unassociated with Tiny I keep hearing about? I think it was Matt F who said something similar about his nutella suspicion.

Linki: Hi Dom :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Here you go, Draconus. My summary of the case(s) on nutelLA. Part of the suspicion on her was potential distancing from Bubbles, hence why it was mentioned.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Typhoony wrote:Here you go, Draconus. My summary of the case(s) on nutelLA. Part of the suspicion on her was potential distancing from Bubbles, hence why it was mentioned.
Completely off topic, but I'm just curious...how do you find the url to a single post?
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting nutella now. It astonishes me that Luke had one vote Day 3 when nutella had 9, and now Luke has a mob on him.

I think it's telling that some people thought two people would be lynched Day 3, voted nutella, and then make little to no mention of her now. And some of these people were uncomfortable with the notion of a double lynch for Day 4.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Looking back, Canuck has not mentione Luke before her casual vote for him today. Yesterday she voted for Juliets & Buglabush (who actually is blendier than she is), but no mention of those two today, one post, straight to Luke. She was only the second vote for Luke, too, which makes it even odder that she comes out of left field with a vote for someone she never mentioned or interacted with previously. This looks like the classic example of an easy bandwagon, tbh.

This was her last post before she voted for Luke; this post was made Wednesday afternoon:
Canucklehead wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Epignosis wrote:[snip]
This is a fantastic post, and articulates exactly what it is about Juliets posting that has been off.
Did you already think that juliets' posting had been off before Epi's post? This makes it seem like you've been playing closer attention than you've given yourself credit for :ponder:
Juliets is one of two people I've actually interacted with this game, so yes I've previously thought her posts odd. No, I haven't been paying particularly close attention, to her or anyone.
This caught my eye when i was skimming her 14 post history~ since I had just read her history, I know this to not be true. She interacted with Bullz, Juliets, and Zebra, who suspected her. Three people. And of course she was questioned here by TH, who is also dead.

Probably a coincidence, but :shrug:

I think I have talked myself into a vote for Canuck. It is quite possible Luke is bad. He certainly does not sound coached, but coaching nubs is a bad idea, in any case. But based totally on a read of their posts, I am going to vote for Canuck.

Linki @ Draco~

When there was a three way tie, Dom, Buglabush & Bananana (who got lynched) Nutella came in & made a tangent vote for someone else, i don't recall who without checking, although she had mentioned Buglabush as being suspish a few times. Yet she chose not to break the tie with a vote for him. It felt like early distancing gone wrong to me. Not sure about other peoples reasons, but that is mine.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Matt F wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Here you go, Draconus. My summary of the case(s) on nutelLA. Part of the suspicion on her was potential distancing from Bubbles, hence why it was mentioned.
Completely off topic, but I'm just curious...how do you find the url to a single post?

I click on that white thingy there if I want to get a direct link to your post. I think the title (ie "Re: Mafia: etc") works as well.
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

juliets wrote:I am torn about Luke because he could easily be just an inactive civ like Draconus was asking about or like others have said he could be hiding behind his low posts. Tranq pointed out the few questions Luke asked but there is no digging for info like I would expect from someone who asks questions. There's just not a lot there (though SVS makes a good point that he has posted more than Canuck who voted for him for not being present). Despite some reservations (like this is feeling like a bandwagon) I'm going to go ahead and vote Luke and change my vote if something else comes up that I feel is a better vote.
Thank you for bringing this back up! I don't like this bandwagon that has quickly formed.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Voted Sog. I don't trust him or Golden. SVS makes a good point about Canuckle I will consider a vote there layer on.
My siggie.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Thank you to both SVS and Typhoony. That was very helpful. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable with the Luke bandwagon, so I'm moving my vote again. nutella

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Thanks Typh!
Image Image Image Image
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

I'm going to be away for the majority of the weekend.
I'm putting my vote on nutella for now.
Luke, you may want to answer these questions people are asking.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I'm voting nutella now. It astonishes me that Luke had one vote Day 3 when nutella had 9, and now Luke has a mob on him.

I think it's telling that some people thought two people would be lynched Day 3, voted nutella, and then make little to no mention of her now. And some of these people were uncomfortable with the notion of a double lynch for Day 4.
This is a very strong point. I've shifted my vote to nutella.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 119
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epi's point is a good point and like I said, my vote for luke was provisional. I haven't stopped suspecting nutella I just didnt think it could happen today. So I will change my vote to nutella.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

Changed my vote to Luke.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

As Epignosis commands! The bandwagon of Luke stops and the bandwagon of nutella begins! lol j/k :P

I can see the suspicion on both of them. I just looked at Lukes posts and he's been all over the place. Day 1 vote: Tranq for being a low poster. Day 2 vote: sig bandwagon. Day 3 votes: nutella and bug.

I missed that post Typhoony made on nutella until today. I'd be fine with voting for either of these players.

Also noticing that since juliets came under pressure yesterday she's been hopping on the bus to whatever is popular. Yesterday she voted nutella in one of the groups but today initially voted Luke and changed to nutella once the thread direction changed. :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Tranq do you have an opinion about nutella?
You've never commented on her and the only thing you said about her is that you didn't have time to look at her case.

Did you ever find the time?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Typhoony wrote:Tranq do you have an opinion about nutella?
You've never commented on her and the only thing you said about her is that you didn't have time to look at her case.

Did you ever find the time?
Slight addition:
He also mentioned nutelLA here, saying that he liked Golden's theory on nutelLA and Bubbles re: the lie detector.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Typhoony- What do you think of MM? Why do you think he voted for you?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Sorsha wrote:Typhoony- What do you think of MM? Why do you think he voted for you?
I think he's a nub. Been making weird posts all game, one of the people who I would actually like to hear coherent thoughts from.

He voted me because I am Dutch and he likes to discriminate.
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Epignosis wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:I'm busy with some family stuff and will have spotty activity over the weekend, so to cast my first vote before the deadline in a few hours, I think Luke is as good a target as any right now.
"As good a target as any right now?" What does that even mean? It's Day 4, not 1. :suspish:
More regarding the others mentioned so far like sig and nutella. I'd rather see Luke lynched to those two.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I don't get why people are saying that what I was saying was wierd. Not going to lie I had a few to many drinks in me last night when I post and realized it was sloppy but I stand by what I said.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Is Luke getting votes because he hasn't been posting?
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 173

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Is Luke getting votes because he hasn't been posting?
Pretty much. I'd be fine with Canucklehead or others going too though, but it's a better lynch than nutella. I don't think the switch regarding the lack of nutella votes a couple hours ago is a great point; golden tried very hard to establish a scumteam between the two (and myself) on tenuous evidence and that clearly didn't hold true. People seem to be switching back to her now purely on pressure from Epi; I don't suspect Epi but I do suspect those being pressured, especially Juliets.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Pretty much. I'd be fine with Canucklehead or others going too though, but it's a better lynch than nutella. I don't think the switch regarding the lack of nutella votes a couple hours ago is a great point; golden tried very hard to establish a scumteam between the two (and myself) on tenuous evidence and that clearly didn't hold true. People seem to be switching back to her now purely on pressure from Epi; I don't suspect Epi but I do suspect those being pressured, especially Juliets.
Thanks
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Like who?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

The Canuck and luke points SVS made do also make sense, I'd be pretty comfortable with either of those votes.

I did think nutella and bubbles were a team which was wrong. But I still do suspect nutella. I think nutella, luke and canuck are potentially all good votes. Epi's point, though, about how willing people are to change their views without any basis, is sound. If nutella has teammates, they might have gotten on the bus with her yesterday, but felt pretty good about the vote going in a different direction today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Pressure? No pressure felt here. I thought it was a better use of our first lynch than, say, "hey, he's not here, let's kill him."

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I don't get why people are saying that what I was saying was wierd. Not going to lie I had a few to many drinks in me last night when I post and realized it was sloppy but I stand by what I said.
I know your mom and I'm telling.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I don't get why people are saying that what I was saying was wierd. Not going to lie I had a few to many drinks in me last night when I post and realized it was sloppy but I stand by what I said.
Lol. Hey I think she will be happy I'm posting after my last few games.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Not your drinking. Your bad spelling. :disappoint:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Epignosis wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Not your drinking. Your bad spelling. :disappoint:
Oh yeah, oh she would be upset about that.
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Luke11646 »

Sorry, I've been busy with school work and exam study, I'll try to answer everyone's questions now.
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I'm going to go ahead and vote nutella I just read all her post and she has been really flip floppy all game. She has just been going with the flow and dropping her suspicions. It reads to me like a baddie.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Voting nutella and going to sleep.
If Luke's answers suck I'll likely vote for him tomorrw
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

I will vote whichever way is most disruptive to your efforts moments before deadline.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:I will vote whichever way is most disruptive to your efforts moments before deadline.
And...that way would be...where?
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Luke11646 »

Tranq wrote:
sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Excuse me sigtown. Who would you vote for if you were scum, town or indy? Name three.
scum BUGLABUSH/Luke
town Bulls/Elohcin
indy I'd go with a bandwagon and flow with it.
sig wrote:Right know placing a vote for Luke I'd like him to answer my questions.
Sig why did you say that you would vote for me if you where scum yet you are voting for me right now?
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

I don't get why you don't want to answer my question. :shrug2: How would we get more information from one lynch as opposed to two?

Voting bass
If you give me a good enough answer I will move it. :)

I hope you guys are right about nutella, but I'm not voting there. I literally didn't have a read on her, and I am not going to jump on a bandwagon of her just because one was forming on someone else. In fact I think it's suspicious the amount of people doing that (while calling her blendy and accusing her of doing just that lol)
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

fingersplints wrote:
I don't get why you don't want to answer my question. :shrug2: How would we get more information from one lynch as opposed to two?

Voting bass

I hope you guys are right about nutella, but I'm not voting there. I literally didn't have a read on her, and I am not going to jump on a bandwagon of her just because one was forming on someone else. In fact I think it's suspicious the amount of people doing that (while calling her blendy and accusing her of doing just that lol)
Sorry I didn't see it. I mean technically you would get more info from two lynches because we will find out two people's roles . So that statement I said was wrong.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:

Voting bass

You're bad. You're next.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Is the first lynch over in 1 hour?

Putting my vote on Nutella now.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Voting bass

You're bad. You're next.
No. And whatever? :shrug2:
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm not scared of you Epi. I have nothing to hide.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

Voting bass

You're bad. You're next.
No. And whatever? :shrug2:
"I literally don't have a read on her."

Figuratively, do you have a read on her? Is she the stars in your sky, the fizz in your Spite? Pray tell, what is it?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don't play mafia to be schooled. I play for fun. If you think I am bad, fine, but keep your lessons to yourself. I don't give a shit.
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Less than an hour before the first lynch is up. The thread will be locked for a few minutes while the poll is recorded at that time.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:LC, you repeated yourself in the poll section again.

Is repetition a thing with the host too? :p
Fixed.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”