Lady Godiva(HOST/DEAD/NON)
71%

Total votes: 14
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Black Rock »

Just catching up. I'm having a hard time resisting funny comments on some of these MM conversations.
a2thezebra wrote:So if MM can get away with anything how are we supposed to catch him if he is scum? Again I ask, if his actions are meta-proof, what is his normal scum behavior?
Killing me night 1. :suspish:

Back to catch up.
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is where zebra brought it up the first time, directly after I placed my vote.

Here is where zebra brought it back up for discussion, about 12 hours or so later.

Golden and MP chimed in immediately with regards to my vote in response to zebra's comment. MacDougall did too, but he was the victim, and this wasn't his first mention either.

Golden - Well Golden had one post in between when the vote happened and when zebra recently brought it up. Also his response read sincere to me.

MP - On the other hand, MP had 7 posts after it happened and before zebra brought it up. Not only that, but this was MP's response. He didn't comment on it before (not until zebra brought it up saying she was bothered by it). MP agreed he was also bothered by it, though admitted to not knowing how to handle it. But he also awkwardly used the word "also" twice at the very beginning of this post. It looks like sentence restructuring, meaning MP was trying to pick his words.
So did you sell your vote and you think MP bought it and made you vote for Mac?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

I started page 10, so almost caught up. I have to pick up LC and then he'll take over the computer for that other game. I'll have to finish catch up later.

I do want to revisit this quote.
a2thezebra wrote:So if MM can get away with anything how are we supposed to catch him if he is scum? Again I ask, if his actions are meta-proof, what is his normal scum behavior?

Now that I'm not joking around, I went back to this point to continue my catch up and when I read it again, what are you asking here. Why are you pushing it so much?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sorsha wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here is where zebra brought it up the first time, directly after I placed my vote.

Here is where zebra brought it back up for discussion, about 12 hours or so later.

Golden and MP chimed in immediately with regards to my vote in response to zebra's comment. MacDougall did too, but he was the victim, and this wasn't his first mention either.

Golden - Well Golden had one post in between when the vote happened and when zebra recently brought it up. Also his response read sincere to me.

MP - On the other hand, MP had 7 posts after it happened and before zebra brought it up. Not only that, but this was MP's response. He didn't comment on it before (not until zebra brought it up saying she was bothered by it). MP agreed he was also bothered by it, though admitted to not knowing how to handle it. But he also awkwardly used the word "also" twice at the very beginning of this post. It looks like sentence restructuring, meaning MP was trying to pick his words.
Good question.

No, I did not sell my vote today.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I feel like my thoughts about this game are scattered and so I'm going to re-read/re-skim from the beginning and craft a post addressing everything that I want (and wanted) to address.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Looking at the start of the Day 0 conversation again, something just hit me. Did anyone contemplate that players had information on this poll?

Hosts: Did any player have information regarding the Day 0 poll?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Looking at the start of the Day 0 conversation again, something just hit me. Did anyone contemplate that players had information on this poll?

Why do I get asked this? Have I ever answered it one way or the other? :meany:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Looking at the start of the Day 0 conversation again, something just hit me. Did anyone contemplate that players had information on this poll?

Host - are you going to ask rhetorical questions in response to whatever we ask you?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

Well, :pout: to you too. :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Host - are you going to ask rhetorical questions in response to whatever we ask you?
No.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

The way that Matt is acting about day 0 votes I get the feeling that he did get some info
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:

The way that Matt is acting about day 0 votes I get the feeling that he did get some info
And also on that note I'll let you know that I had no info on the day 0 vote
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I had no knowledge, and given Grand Moff Tarkin's role I'm not sure I would expect the day 0 poll to have more of an effect than what is publicly available. In that sense, I think the baddies would 'have knowledge'.

I don't know if Matt has any knowledge, but perhaps if he did it is that the death star can't blow up itself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:

Reading it again, he really was pushing Death Star. A lot. If you ISO his posts he has more posts about Death Star than anything else by far.

Then there's this quote by him here:
Matt F wrote:Why are we being mean to Dragon? He voted Death Star :beer:
Which might indicate he had civilian information on Death Star. But since the hosts won't confirm, it's pretty WIFOM to try to make anything out of this. What are your thoughts, Sorsha?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hosts: Can we discuss whether we had information on the Day 0 poll?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I had no knowledge, and given Grand Moff Tarkin's role I'm not sure I would expect the day 0 poll to have more of an effect than what is publicly available. In that sense, I think the baddies would 'have knowledge'.

I don't know if Matt has any knowledge, but perhaps if he did it is that the death star can't blow up itself.
That was my initial reaction as well, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for the poll to have other effects.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's always possible. I didn't have info either way, so I guess it depends if someone wants to come out and say that they did have info.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hosts: Can we discuss whether we had information on the Day 0 poll?
Sure.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Reading it again, he really was pushing Death Star. A lot. If you ISO his posts he has more posts about Death Star than anything else by far.

Then there's this quote by him here:
Which might indicate he had civilian information on Death Star. But since the hosts won't confirm, it's pretty WIFOM to try to make anything out of this. What are your thoughts, Sorsha?
This post of his he's eye balling all 20 people who didn't vote for Death Star:
Matt F wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt F wrote:Zebra hasn't shouted in all caps yet.

:ponder:
:haha:

Matt F, what's on your mind? I can't recall anything you've said, which is either due to the fact that I'm sick and not absorbing the thread as I read it, or because you haven't talked enough yet. Either way... throw some stuff at me.
Most of my posts have been about Day 0 and really wantin' to get up to that Death Star. Nobody wanted to go though :eye: (yup, I'm eyein' all 20 some players who didn't vote for Death Star)

I wasn't necessarily joking with that last post of mine, either. The games I've seen of her, she's been all civ and each time she gets really intense (which is a good thing, IMO) but I don't believe I've felt that from her in this game. In addition, in the few games we've played together we've had a few jokey posts and for her to eye me for having fun about Dragon... Hmmm

Zebra - You know I can always assist with idiotic logic. What did you think of this post, for example? Were you really eyeing me for my comment on Dragon or were you having fun?

Hmmm
So yeah, I'd guess Matt had info that Death Star was a civvie choice. Doesn't mean he is civvie though and doesnt mean that everyone who didn't vote Death Star is non-civvie. Lets thank the hosts for giving Matt day 0 poll info... As if he doesn't tunnel on day 0 enough :p
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Golden wrote:I had no knowledge, and given Grand Moff Tarkin's role I'm not sure I would expect the day 0 poll to have more of an effect than what is publicly available. In that sense, I think the baddies would 'have knowledge'.

Does one need info for this, though? I just assumed it, because it would be silly if it could.

I'd like to hear from Matt so we don't have to argue about whether he had info.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

sig

Ah, sig. Even though I haven't played with sig for a large number of games, I've already had a strong scum read on sig when he flipped town and a strong town read on him when he flipped scum. So here I shall proceed with caution. This post comes off as a bit wibbly-wobbly as Canuck would put it:
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:I think Tattooine, in the worst case scenario, would favor the Independents. Do we know what their win conditions are yet?
It could also favor the Hutts, but we might just be overthinking it.
Not enough to be a ping but definitely enough to point out if we find more information about our choice of location anytime soon. This post I just find bizarre in a way only sig could pull off:
sig wrote:No :slick:
The context is that someone asked on Day 0 when Day 1 would start (or rather, when Day 0 would end, but I'll get to that shortly). sig told that person what time, followed by the host. sig asks jokingly if he gets a prize for answering the question himself before the host did, and I chime in with the implication that he might actually be partially wrong if Night 0 is the next phase instead of Day 1. He responds with the above post. It's just weird. No by itself would be strangely confident enough to make me go :ponder: but it's the :slick: that really baffles me. Is he just being funny? Is he implying that he has certain information? Is it something else that I'm missing entirely? Again, I'm not pinged by this, it just seems worth pointing out in case it comes up later or if sig himself feels the need to clarify anything about it. Meanwhile, there's this post:
sig wrote:I don't think enrique vote for Yavin is suspicious.
Though this
Enrique wrote:I think Tattooine, in the worst case scenario, would favor the Independents. Do we know what their win conditions are yet?
The Hutts aren't independent and are based on Tattooine so I find this interesting.
Since sig has yet to ping me, this post sticks out to me as a good observation that might have slipped by if sig hadn't have pointed it out. So because of this alone, my GTH read of sig is:

TOWN
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden

Pretty much right off the bat, I like Golden here.
Golden wrote:A quick run down.

Tatooine. Desert planet. Very little water. Never will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Someone might try to cut your arm off. Other than that, it's a pretty neat place. Pretty important to the Star Wars universe.

Hoth. Ice planet. Don't go outside or you will either freeze to death or need to be insulated by animal guts. Also, the empire will probably attack you here.

Alderaan. A lovely place. Very peaceful. The people don't have weapons. But if you want to go there, it better be fast. It gets blown up within the first half of the first movie, and everyone there dies.

Death Star. Need I go beyond the name?

Dagobah. This is a swamp planet, mostly inhabited by things that want to eat you. Yoda is also there, though, so there is that. But I'm pretty sure he is the only person/muppet on the entire planet to talk to, except talk to you like this, he will.

Cloud City. A paradise city run by Lando Calrissian. A perfect place for you to escape to if you are being pursued by the Empire. Unless the Empire gets there first. Then Lando will betray you and just hand you over.

Endor. A forest moon filled with Ewoks, who will likely try to stab you with their primitive spears. If you do somehow befriend them, they will either a) speak childish gibberish to you or b) revere your droid servant as a god. Also, the Empire use endor as a shield generator for the Death Star, which is literally right above the moon. Basically, the vast bulk of the power of the empires fleet are here.

Yavin is a gas giant. Yavin IV is an innovative name of one of its moons. It was a key rebel base and a target of destruction for the first Death Star. Because the rebels blew up the death star, Yavin IV was saved. Depressingly, I can think of no down side to going here. However, all things considered I think I'd prefer to choose one of the less boring options.
It's nice of him to go to the trouble of describing the planets for the many of us who are less familiar with the Star Wars universe and while he certainly could do it as scum, something tells me he wouldn't. Let's continue.
Golden wrote:I just noticed this:

Grand Moff Tarkin
Grand Moff Tarkin has selected a location to destroy. The last person to vote in the lynch during that Day will explode with the planet.

So, this probably means that (in future polls??) one of the planets has been selected by the Moff to be destroyed at the end of the next day, and it could be any of them.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this makes Golden the first player to point this out, and it's been the subject of a LOT of discussion since. Still lookin' good, Golden.

...and there's no other specific posts that lead me in any particular direction with Golden's alignment. His back-and-forth with Mac reads as genuine so even if he is bad there is no WAY he and Mac are on the same team. Golden seems to be making an honest effort both to scumhunt and to help other players. I'm not exactly agreeing with him on everything but GTH right now, he is definitely:

TOWN
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07

This is a tougher one at the moment, I'm not too sure how I feel about MP right now so hopefully this will help. Let's see:

Well shit, I fucked up the link in my ISO post. The link leads to Golden's ISO again. Someone remind me to fix that when I'm done here before I list my rainbow reads.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I can attest to what Golden is trying to express. I see nothing out of the ordinary for either DDL or zebra. :eye: on them, for sure, but no reason to eye them more than anyone else at this point.

zebra, you disagree with DDL's logic, yes? However, do you recognize that just because you think someone has reached a conclusion that you find faulty does not necessarily make them mafia?
This is the first post from MP that brought him to my attention (and by attention I mean :eye: ) because it was the first definite stance he took on an issue. MacDougall certainly found this to be more telling than I did, but right now in the context of his more recent posts it still feels genuine to me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:2) DDL, I can't decide whether it's civ-ish or a baddie move to run through all the possible ways you'd catch a baddie based on the planet mechanic before we get a chance to actually use any of the methods. Consider me slightly pinged, there.
I want everyone to discuss this.

How are these two statements compatible?
This is reaching, in my opinion. The question is, is it opportunistic reaching or honest scumhunting reaching? It's also worth noting that someone brought up that there was another point Russ made here that was arguably more worthy of a ping than what MP is talking about here, and I remember him standing his ground with it later on when that was brought to his attention (a good thing, I think).
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I am also "bothered" by MM's vote, zebra, but I'm not sure what to do about it other than try to engage MM in conversation, probably with mixed success. In my opinion, any other action, such as policy lynching Metalmarsh just because he threw away his Day 1 vote as quickly as possible (again), is not a wise way to approach the Day period.
Correct me if I'm wrong MM, but as I understand it you're of the opinion that out of everyone who reacted (or rather, didn't) to your Mac vote, MP looked the most suspicious. Going through his ISO, I disagree. Perhaps if everyone else wasn't also saying that this is normal for MM and he's civ when he does this shit and blah blah blah, then I would be bothered by MP here. But his take on it doesn't really stand out from everyone else's to me and it comes across as genuine as well. I'm still not going to dismiss the possibility that MP may have been trying to foreshadow something sinister with me here, but in the context of his ISO that seems a lot less likely.

And that's about everything I felt was worth pointing out. Overall, MP looks better after going through his ISO than he did before. GTH, consider him:

TOWN
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:MM is one of the hardest people to read it usually takes a few phase for me to even to form an opinion on him.
MP is really good at being bad but I don't think he is bad this game only because I don't think he would walk away from his computer when he is being talked about if he was bad.
You say this Bass, but he hasn't responded to my accusation yet.

I suppose he hadn't got to it yet, but I don't really know. :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Bass_the_Clever

Finally one of the lower posters, I'm starting to feel like JJJ. I feel like I might get mafia fever. :P
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I think the death star would be bad news. High is cold so I don't want to go there. Tatooine is where Jana is from I think so it might be the best place to get info.
Jana? You mean Jabba? This comes off as a bit disingenuous for a Day 0 vote. Mainly gut, but I don't like how assured you seem that visiting Jabba will benefit the civs rather than Jabba himself. Other players at least considered the possibility that it might be a bad thing, even if they weighed the options likely to be in town's favor.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:You guys are posting so much lol. I'm reading now but am tried so I might take a nap before I post.
One nap later...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:MM is one of the hardest people to read it usually takes a few phase for me to even to form an opinion on him.
MP is really good at being bad but I don't think he is bad this game only because I don't think he would walk away from his computer when he is being talked about if he was bad.
That's it? Assuming you read everything, this isn't much to offer, and DAMN it comes off as hella fake. You have a neutral read on MM that doubles as an excuse for yourself for that read to not be swayed in either direction for some time (hmm...) and your civ read on MP is based on a reason that could easily be a byproduct of WIFOM, especially for a player with enough experience (not to mention hosting) as MP. And you know this! I believe your reasoning is an act. This is why it's important to take a close look at the lower posters; their scummy behavior goes by unnoticed much easier than the baddies who post often. Before going through his ISO, if you had asked me what my GTH of Bass was I would probably have said town, but at the moment he is my strongest read yet of the dark side:

SCUM
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

No peeps, I did not have info on the Day 0 poll. I simply thought Death Star was the coolest choice.

Sorsha - Yeah I was surprised more people didn't pick Death Star. I mean, really? Obviously since there are only two other folks who picked Death Star besides me, in essence it's a bit silly to "eye" everyone, but c'mon. Can everyone honestly say that if they were asked to actually go to one of these places you wouldn't pick the freakin' Death Star? How many people picked Alderaan? Bubbles, Golden, Luke, Dom, MP. So you guys are at a party, and someone says "Hey would you rather go to Alderaan or the Death Star?". You're like "Yeah let's go to the planet that blows up. Sounds like a nice time."

Zebra/Elohcin - Dudettes, chill! Day 1 isn't even over and we don't have much to go on yet. Believe me, though, opinions will be flyin' outta me like no tomorrow, soon I'm bettin'. I'll look over some ISO's tonight, specifically the Alderaan voters for now.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, so I've re-read/re-skimmed now that I'm feeling a bit better and my brain's not like BLARG, and here are observations and responses to various posts. If you see your name bolded/underlined, that doesn't mean I am "fake voting" for you or suspect you, it just means I am addressing you specifically.

Regarding the planet discussion between DDL, zebra, Russ, etc., the mafia must know which planet it'll be, if this wording is any indication:
DharmaHelper wrote: Image
Grand Moff Tarkin
Grand Moff Tarkin has selected a location to destroy. The last person to vote in the lynch during that Day will explode with the planet.
Consequently, this means that zebra's concern/questioning of first DDL and then Russ assuming that the mafia know the planet to be destroyed was misguided. I don't necessarily think anything can be made of that regarding zebra's alignment, but I thought it should be clarified.

Regarding zebra's posts, let's revisit this one:
a2thezebra wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:2) DDL, I can't decide whether it's civ-ish or a baddie move to run through all the possible ways you'd catch a baddie based on the planet mechanic before we get a chance to actually use any of the methods. Consider me slightly pinged, there.
Well I got someone to start baddie hunting, so I guess it was successful in that sense at least.

Well I like to discuss tactics. Not the first game I've done that. In any case, I have no intention of using such methods as failproof evidence of anyone being mafia, while ignoring other evidence. I just want to have them in mind in case we need to use them later, or maybe help people have their own ideas on how we can use the game mechanics to find mafia.
I get what you're saying DDL, and I appreciate your efforts to look for certain strategies (assuming these efforts are genuine, but I'll get to that in a bit), but I don't think I fully understand your logic here.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm sure there would be plenty of civs as well as baddies who would avoid voting rather than risk being the last vote, so I'm not sure how that would make a player suspicious. Placing their own interests ahead of the town, sure, but not baddie per se.
Well I'm assuming the empire mafia knows what the planet is going to be destroyed is, so that means they wouldn't have to worry about being the last ones to vote in the other phases, but would have to worry in that specific phase where the planet explodes. I'm speculating that we could try to find that pattern. Of course there would be other players avoiding voting last, so it wouldn't be a conclusive evidence.

Of course, now that I've said that, they could also worry about it in every single phase just to attempt to mask the pattrn. Then again, if I get mafiosos to play in a non-optimal way just to avoid being found, that's a profit.

I love metagaming. :p
I agree with DFaraday. But more importantly, how would we able to find a pattern? What pattern? Assuming you're right and the empire knows which planet will be destroyed (which I wouldn't be too sure that that assumption is correct) that only means, as you said, they would only have to be cautious with that particular planet. One planet. So where's the pattern we're looking for? And you seem to be tip-toeing a bit here with your reasoning. Proposing a method of finding baddies only to follow it up with "so it wouldn't be conclusive evidence" makes me wonder why bring up that potential tactic in the first place? It seems like you're just saying things like this to appear as if you're contributing. And you make it worse by excusing that this imaginary pattern could be copied for each phase, so again, what's the point? And finally, how would you, and you mention you specifically rather than town as a whole, (why?) be able to get mafiosos to play in an unorthodox way to be spotted? Or am I simply misunderstanding your reasoning here? Please help me out here. Finally, to return to the original post:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Not the first game I've done that.
I'm not a fan of players hiding behind their meta especially in response to slight pings. Consider me slightly pinged as well.
Does anyone find this interrogation of DDL by zebra to be genuine? If so, why? I can't decide what I think of it.
Roxy wrote:Still not quite sold on Dragon his idea of analysing votes for locations and lynches but I am all for info and what Dragon is proposing will give info just not sure how it will be of use. He was a bit on the fence with his own idea just like - Russti was with his initial suspicion of Dragon. zebra is all over everything. MP is already suspicious of Russti and Matt is being his usual self.(though I will be honest I thought the votes for Death Star were off to begin with. Sorsha day 0.

Its where I am.
Rox, where are you at now? Usually you have some gut reads to share early in the game.
bcornett24 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Ok, so for the srs bsns I promised:

1) Voting Tatooine. Less for movie reasons and more because if we want info about Jabba's plans and our operatives found his plans in his palace, it makes sense to think his palace is a good place to start the search.

2) DDL, I can't decide whether it's civ-ish or a baddie move to run through all the possible ways you'd catch a baddie based on the planet mechanic before we get a chance to actually use any of the methods. Consider me slightly pinged, there.
I'm rather confused why the focus of the conversation happens to be on the 2nd statement russ made here and not the first. I would encourage everybody to read the statement in red. To me this comes across as a scum hunting for third party players (or vise-versa).

I find this to be a very anti-town statement. What does everybody else think?
I'm still lost as to bcornett24's post here. Can either he or someone explain to me why this is a very anti-town statement?
Enrique wrote:It struck me as pretty odd too. Like, wouldn't it stand to reason that (as somebody pointed out to me earlier) that Jabba would benefit from going to his own lair? I mean, we're just going to a planet, that doesn't mean we'll suddenly find out everything about Team Jabba.

I'm also not really caught up with the thread and I apologize. Shitty day. I'll make an effort tomorrow to get up to speed.
This post of Enrique's actually pings me a bit because he immediately expresses agreement with bcornett that he found it pretty odd, yet doesn't indicate any gut evaluation of Russ from it; nor did he mention this earlier when I wanted opinions on Russ.
a2thezebra wrote:I don't want to talk anymore about Russ or DDL until I hear from them both about everything that's been addressed
Now that we've heard from Russ, zebra, how do you feel about his response (and him)?

My back-and-forth conversation with MacDougall is getting a bit messy... so, for reference, here is his most recent response to me.

I'll respond to everything line by line below, just extracting his most recent (pink) responses:
MacDougall wrote:Yes but using the eye emoticon so far that I've seen has been a "you are suspicious to me" stance not a "you are default to me" stance.

Oh, okay. Consider my usage of it in that instance to be not the norm then.

- Perhaps so, but it came across quite belittling to me. You asked her a question that had a really obvious answer to anyone who knows how to play the game. Why not just make the statement instead of asking what I read as a patronising question? This is quite unimportant anyway, I don't see this uncovering some magic scumness.

That's my fault for wording my post quickly; I had no such intention. I could have made it a statement, yeah, on reflection.

- He has pinged me, but I am reading him as a pingy civ that doesn't read posts properly and doesn't consider his use of words.

Is there any way you could elaborate further on this read? I'm just trying to get a feel for both you and DDL, and I'm having trouble connecting specifics to your expressed read here.

- Why not say "having read through that exchange while I didn't see the suspicion either zebra or DDL etc. It's just more examples of your verbose waffliness, which to me is the heart of my scum read on you.

Why not? I don't know, didn't think to say it like that, but your wording expresses what I wanted to. Over the years both in person and over the internet I've found that I've encountered repeated instances where people don't seem to understand what I'm trying to convey. I consider that more to be my fault in constructing sentences that express my train of thought than I do anyone else's fault for misconstruing my sentences. I'm an accountant, so maybe that's why? Or, better yet, maybe that's why I'm an accountant and not a writer? :P

- The content of what you were saying isn't relevant to my case on you, it was your choice of words. That being said, I actually see what you mean now and it's that level of detail of your suspicion on him that looks like a case forced out of knowing that he is scum, by virtue of being his teammate. I had to really squeeze my brain to get your point there. Perhaps that's on me.

Oh, I see, and this makes sense given what I just typed above. It seems I'm not expressing myself well enough. What do you mean by the underlined?

- A suspicious Mac would read this as you attempting to bail on your case on Russ now as it's blown up in your face. But it could just as easily be a discerning man using good judgement so I'll let that slide. :noble:

You're free to interpret it however you wish. But I hadn't thought of what you express here, I think it's a good point, so naturally it has/is going to influence my thoughts on Russ. :beer:

- I would say that you are clearly showing through your word choices that you are being overly cautious.

I wouldn't disagree... it tends to be how I talk anyway.

- Everything I have called you out on is behaviour I tend to exhibit when I am scum with my supatown hat on. Literally all of it.

Well then, I suppose your scum supatown game looks a lot like my civilian game. :D

- Sorry I'm not following here.

It's clear that my interpretation of Russ's words conflicts with yours, his own, Golden's, etc., so I suppose I'm the one that's off base here. I'll address this again later in my giant post when I respond to Russ now that we've heard from him. If that post doesn't clear it up, press me more on this.

- Yes, but for someone who seemed to be quite pinged by Russ, for you to not mention that part reads to me like you didn't want to put it on him TOO hard, or that you weren't actually looking through all his posts for genuine opportunities to see a scum. Just enough to distance.

That makes sense, but I still don't really understand that part.

To be fair though, and why you may think this, I wasn't looking through all of his posts with a magnifying glass to see a scum. I've been reading the thread and staying current, but until re-reading just now I haven't been paying enough attention to each post.

- I've elaborated a little on my point on that matter in this post, but it's the fact that your points on him seem to be making a lot out of what I perceive to be a really civ looking ISO, yet the part that pinged me the post you didn't make a point of addressing, whether by virtue of having not bothered reading it, or by virtue of seeing that it would have drawn the heat on Russ a little TOO much.

I guess we just came to the opposite conclusions, interestingly.
MacDougall, I hope that adequately addresses your concerns. If you still have any, throw them at me.
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Why not say "having read through that exchange while I didn't see the suspicion either zebra or DDL etc. It's just more examples of your verbose waffliness, which to me is the heart of my scum read on you.
See, and this is my problem with your case. What to you is waffliness is, to me, MP's way of speaking as a player in mafia games.

I'm more bothered that MP has clearly been keeping up with the thread yet never responded to this:
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:How beneficial would it be to appear as if one is contributing in town's favor when they are not? That's the go-to mafia tactic, MP. Now there's no motive to retract one's hypothesis in the same post that they proposed it, but that's not the issue.
But it clearly is the issue when that is what you "don't understand".

Unless I am misunderstanding you, you are finding issue with DDL proposing his analysis and then retracting it, not the actual proposal itself, correct?
It's not the issue because the action in itself isn't justifiable from a town or scum perspective. It is only more applicable to the scum perspective because it's more likely (in my opinion) the result of the mafia tactic I described than a town perspective with an undefined motivation. It would help if you could explain how that's just as likely (or better yet, more likely) to be an action from a town perspective than scum mimicking town.
I don't interpret MP's short back-and-forth with me as condescending, but I do think it's odd that he would attempt to usher me into understanding his point-of-view (as if I didn't already) but when upon returning to the thread, he ignored my clarification that was preventing him from understanding my point-of-view.
zebra, again, apologies for not responding to this at the time. I just hadn't properly absorbed it and mulled over it for a response.

Here are my thoughts now. I understand you better now. I wasn't thinking about the behavior in terms of specifically crafting a town-minded scenario, rather the lack of a convincing mafia-minded scenario wasn't enough to sway me otherwise. The problem with specifically crafting a town-minded scenario is that townies can act illogically. Nonetheless, I could think of a scenario in which a civilian had not fully thought out their hypothesis, as you termed it, to the point where they decided it made more sense to wait to retract it. I've actually made this exact blunder as a civilian when I aggressively pursued zeek in Doctor Who, only to reveal too soon that my suspicion was fake; it would have made way more sense for my gambit if I had waited much longer to reveal my intentions.

So while I don't immediately think the behavior is townie-minded, I don't struggle to come up with a world in which it is that of a townie. Does that make sense?
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:If he had managed to explain a thought process behind this switch, that'd be one thing, but the kicker is that he has failed to address your suspicion whatsoever.

I'm not sold, but I'm listening. I'd like to hear Enrique address your thoughts.
What do you think this was (from before your post):
Enrique wrote:thats like the biggest nonstory ive seen presented as a case on mafia

tbh i had no idea what "Yavin" was until i read the descriptions, at which point it was a bit of a no-brainer. like really? the place is literally the civvie base where the civvies do cool things in the movies. i DID consider my options (tattooine, endor) up until i found out about yavin. but then when it looked so good, surely i was missing something that kept people away from it? nobody gave it any consideration so i just put it down to lack of familiarity and went ahead and voted.

like i dont even understand what the baddie logic behind anything there would be.
Whether the truth or not, it definitely is a 'thought process behind the switch'.
Golden I expect better from you. This is a textbook example of taking something completely out of context.

MP was referencing enrique's initial reactions to my initial suspicions and his lack of response to them, anything that enrique said subsequent was not on the table.
Oh man, I never imagined I'd start the extensive discussion that occurred after this post.

MacDougall and Golden, this is in reference to both of you (wasn't sure what post to use, so just grabbed the first one on the subject).

I'm sure I "read" Enrique's immediate response to your case, Mac, but I clearly didn't recall it, since I really didn't think that he ever responded.

Now, the fact that Enrique didn't explain that until subsequent to your case is another story. I'll respond to some of Enrique's posts in a bit here. I don't like how he isn't offering much of... well, anything in the thread, other than making half-assed attempts to diminish any Day 0-based suspicion he's received.

Does that adequately clear my train of thought?
a2thezebra wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:zebra, I was not implying that you suggested policy lynching MM. I did not intend to. I brought up that possibility to the table and was expressing my dislike for that option.
It definitely came across as more the former than the latter, but in time we shall see which one is the truth. :eye:
zebra, I can assure you that it was exactly how I described, not attributable to you, since I didn't even mention you in my post. What would be the motive in doing that?
Enrique wrote:Oh jeez. OK, here's my issue with this whole thing: everyone's talking as if I didn't provide any reason for my vote when I did, from the beginning! I'm on mobile right now so finding it is a bit of a hassle, I'm gonna get on my laptop ASAP and quote the post because really it isn't hard to find. From my first mention of Yavin, before I voted for it, I mentioned what a blatant civvie option it looked like. Mac went on to press me as to why I hadn't voted for it yet, and I said hey I don't know why nobody else has. There's not much to that beyond me making up my mind.

I'm reading the whole thread but honestly I'm not very good at absorbing things from mobile, so I have very little to comment on right now. I will be back with my thoughts on some more things not directly related to me. This whole argument is just silly. I shouldn't have to defend myself here.
Enrique wrote:I think there's a bit much attention on me trying to make up my mind for Day 0. I looked at Tattoine, I looked at Endor. For Endor I looked both ways, and even the Tattooine question wasn't a lot more than "wouldn't this benefit independents? What's the deal with them?"

Maybe I didn't lay out my whole thought process, but I commented on what I found worth commenting. Tattooine got a bunch of votes, and I doubt all of them stopped to consider "wait, isn't that where Jabba is based?"
Enrique, all of this seems rather dismissive. Regarding the underlined, why shouldn't you have to defend yourself? Isn't that the point of mafia to accuse others and be accused, no matter what the accusation?

Moreover, I cannot think of a single post of yours that has anything to do with the game other than Day 0 or defending yourself from accusations. What are your thoughts?

Regarding the second post here, Enrique pings me a bit by saying there's "a bit much attention on me". If you want it off of you, why haven't you discussed something else then?
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Though this
The Hutts aren't independent and are based on Tattooine so I find this interesting.
Yeah that seemed really obvious once somebody pointed it out. To be fair, when I think of Tattooine I always associate it with those raider shits stealing the droids, Anakin coming back to kill them, etc. I haven't watched a Star Wars film since I was 10, and though yes I know the Hutts are based there, it just kinda went over my head when I made that post.
Hmmm...I don't buy it.
zebra, can you elaborate? Why don't you buy Enrique's explanation?
Elohcin wrote:
Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Also has everyone forgotten that MM has already voted? Am I the only one that is extremely bothered by that? Even Mac doesn't seem to care.
It's hard to be bothered by MM's normal civilian behaviour.
Just what I was thinking.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:You guys are posting so much lol. I'm reading now but am tried so I might take a nap before I post.
Or wait until your teammates get back into BTSC so you can agree on what you should say? :P
MovingPictures07 wrote:am current on the thread, yes, but I'm still trying to get a hold on everything, since I've been catching up in spurts in between sleeping/feeling sick and doing PhD work.
Are you going to make us call you Dr. MP? :D
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elo, you said you believe the people talking the most are civilian. Why? Also, you brought up mafia lying about real life; is there something specific in this thread that you are referring to, or was this just a commentary on what you've seen in general? I got a bit lost there.
I think so b/c they haven't done anything to ping me thus far. Except for Mac bringing up Matt's out of character behavior. The real life comment was only referring to previous games. I was only expanding upon the conversation on off-topic posts and whether they should be considered when suspecting someone.

well, lots of linki as I was all ready to post this and then Epi came in here to distract me for a little while. I'll read more after dinner.
Elohcin, thanks for elaborating. Do you find anyone else suspect at this time other than Matt F?

Regarding the Dr., I will be so happy when I can call myself that, but I can't make you all do anything. I will take too much pleasure in new business cards though. :p
Unfortunately, that's still a couple of years away. :sigh:

Metalmarsh89, you're missing something important here that negates your analysis about my response to your vote. The reason I hadn't pushed you on your vote was because between the time of your vote and this post about an hour later, I had not posted.

Why is that latter post important? Because you said you made your vote for observance. I thus did not feel it necessary to press you on it at that time. But when zebra kept going on about your vote, I wanted to make it clear that I was also bothered by your quick vote.

As to my "also" wording, I made that post in a rush, and if anything that blunder should indicate I gave too little thought to my post wording, rather than the alternative.

If you still have concerns, let me know.
Bass, why do you feel this way (re: underlined)?

To be clear, I was not feeling well and I'm currently under a time crunch to get some papers done by Monday, so that is why I felt I had to force myself to leave. I don't think you should town read me just because I didn't obsessively stick around.
a2thezebra wrote:This is everyone's post history in order of how soon they posted from the game's beginning. This is just Page 1, so I assume more on the way.

sig
Golden
MovingPictures07
Bass_the_Clever
MacDougall
Sorsha
DrWilgy
The Sexiest Player in the History of Mafia
Matt F
Enrique
Bubbles
Dom
TheFloyd73
Luke11646
bcornett24
Glorfindel
DFaraday
Dragon D. Luffy
Roxy
Elohcin
Simon
Black Rock
Canucklehead
nijuukyugou
Metalmarsh89

Hosts, feel free to copy this on to the front page.
zebra, I'm a bit confused on this post's relation to your two posts previous. You were discussing how to hunt for the Boba Fett with Simon, then you said to give you a few minutes, and you came up with this. How does this relate to that conversation? (or does it not at all?)
Russtifinko wrote:OMG, you guys are already posting at TH levels. Kill me now....
a2thezebra wrote:Why only that planet? You agree with DDL's logic and he himself said that they are viable to imitate the actions of everyone else by avoiding voting last every day.

First of all, "so quick"? Second, how is partial agreement a ping for you?
Not necessarily only that planet. But IF only that planet then I think it would've been a super good indicator.
Golden wrote:My experience of DDL is that he always seems suspicious early on. I thought he was bad day one in economics and he wasn't.
Thanks for pointing this out, I haven't played with him much.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Okay I'll admit I kind of made a mistake there. I said what was on my mind, then I realized saying it might have ruined it, so I tried to find a silver lining by talking about the metagame thing, which admitelly I still think might work.
Thanks. Not sure i 100% buy this, because the post where you fully explained the idea and the one where you said fully explaining it might not be the best idea were the same post. However, you had at least given the major point in the previous post, so I suppose the cat was out of the bag anyway at that point.

I agree that it might still work, but I think you've severely decreased our chances.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I want everyone to discuss this.

How are these two statements compatible?
Yeah, I don't see your point. To me those two statements say almost exactly the same thing. I basically reworded it the at the end because "I can't decide" sounds waffly.
Russtifinko, thanks for responding, despite it being a brief one.

They say almost exactly the same thing? The first statement to me says "I have no read on DDL, whether civilian or baddie, as a result of him exhibiting this action", whereas the second statement to me says "I now am attributing a more likely baddie explanation to DDL's behavior", since that's how I interpret "consider me slightly pinged".

Is this an incorrect interpretation? If so, how are those similar? What am I missing here that everyone else seems to be getting?
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hosts: Can we discuss whether we had information on the Day 0 poll?
Sure.
I had no Day 0 poll information.

And with that... I'm at 14,000 posts. :drums:

On that note, I'm off to bed and I won't be around too much tomorrow; even if I'm still feeling relatively better (as I am at the moment) or even better than that, I have papers to write. I'll still be here for EoD though at the least, and I'll be rainbowing at or before that time. See you later, folks. :offtobed:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall

Let's jump right in.
MacDougall wrote:
Enrique wrote::shrug2: I haven't voted at all. I was just wondering if there was a reason not to.
You're right, scum would heavily contemplate the potential of such a thing since their numbers are fewer ergo their demise has more of an impact on their team.
Well I see Mac's suspicion of Enrique was less humor-based from the start than I remembered it was...my response to this particular post is pretty much:
Enrique wrote:huh
That said, when Mac elaborated on his issue with Enrique later I was much more convinced and I think Enrique's responses to it have made him look worse. But I'll get to that when I get to that.
MacDougall wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks for analyzing this poll, folks!

I'm voting Alderaan, just to make the poll a bit more interesting, and because some people think it sounds OK. I doubt Epi made the results obvious though, if there are any (besides serving as a mechanic for the role that Golden pointed out).
I'm glad that in our first game together you get to be scum and I get to be civ.
Another bold suspicion from Mac. It also demonstrates why I disagree with Mac's MP suspicion; like I said earlier, he's just not used to MP's play style. If this post pinged him, anything MP says will ping him as well. However, as far as Mac's alignment is concerned, I think this looks good.
MacDougall wrote:Requesting a policy lynch of MattF.
I did not think he was joking when he said this, but since he hasn't bothered Matt since (I think?) I do now. If it were anyone but Mac I would've concluded it was a joke when I first read it anyway.

This is a side issue (read: non-alignment-indicative) that I feel I should point out.
MacDougall wrote:The last thing you want to be doing is identifying a scum player by YOUR ping and telling them to stop what they are doing right? Is what you are criticising Zebra for scummy to you? If so, say so! If not, what is there to gain by telling her to pipe down? :ponder:
Mac, I think you're one of those people that easily misinterprets a suggestion from another player as some form of censorship, for lack of a better word. I say this because you made a similar accusation to me when I expressed dislike of your later spat with Golden. I did not get the impression from DDL that he was trying to silence me in any sort of way, and as DDL clarified in response to this, I was correct.

After that, there's no specific post that I feel is worth noting. I will say overall Mac is coming across as very genuine, and is playing a well-intended but somewhat misguided game. By misguided I mean that a lot of his conclusions seem to be missing crucial factors, and he's been tunneling a few players (Enrique, MP, Golden) pretty badly considering that it's Day 1. I fling shit everywhere, yes, but I try not to bite down on any particular conclusion until I'm certain. But hey, I'll take any attempts at scumhunting over a lurker any day. GTH, I think Mac is:

TOWN
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Look at me, I can see the future!
a2thezebra wrote:Pasta time but I'll go through those ISO's when I return. Yes, all of them. Yes, I know it's Day 1 and for most of these players there is little content to properly analyze. Yes, I don't care.
Matt F wrote:Zebra/Elohcin - Dudettes, chill! Day 1 isn't even over and we don't have much to go on yet. Believe me, though, opinions will be flyin' outta me like no tomorrow, soon I'm bettin'. I'll look over some ISO's tonight, specifically the Alderaan voters for now.
Also what the fuck is this? Opinions flying out of you soon? What does soon mean? And why are you betting that? It's YOU. I could easily bet what type of cereal I'm going to have for breakfast tomorrow morning because then tomorrow morning I can just be like "What was the one that I bet I would have? Oh yeah, that one. I'll have that one." This is concerning, Matt. But I'll get to you when I get to you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Tunneling indicates following something to the detriment of observing other things. What have I failed to observe? I've had interactions and heated ones with more players than anyone. To say I am tunneling sucks.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zebra, how is it concerning that I don't have any big thoughts on the game yet but I know I will soon enough? You are definitely reaching here. As I said, I will look over the game tonight and see if anything pops out. Up until now, I've just been having my regular Day 0/1 fun time, but apparently that is seen as suspicious, so that will stop now believe me. :meany:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorsha

Yay, another somewhat low poster. I shouldn't be saying that, low posters are my enemy. But temporarily I am pleased with them because it makes this ISO excursion a lot easier. :P
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:lol :p

Omg Sorsha just slipped up! :faint:

I don't even know what planet my role is from. Or any of the roles for that matter... I've seen the movies but I don't remember all those details.
I just assumed you meant you were an alien in human form (think: 3rd Rock from the Sun).

However, you seem a bit nervous. ;)
What do I seem nervous about?
Lol, I'm just messing with you.

I missed playing mafia. :D

Did I also seem nervous about seeming nervous? :P

I'm looking at Starwars.com for info about these places, definitely not going to the Death Star though!
To me, you kind of did, actually.
Sorsha wrote:Tatooine- A harsh desert world orbiting twin suns in the galaxy’s Outer Rim, Tatooine is a lawless place ruled by Hutt gangsters. Many settlers scratch out a living on moisture farms, while spaceport cities such as Mos Eisley and Mos Espa serve as home base for smugglers, criminals, and other rogues. Tatooine’s many dangers include sandstorms, bands of savage Tusken Raiders, and carnivorous krayt dragons. The planet is also known for its dangerous Podraces, rampant gambling, and legalized slavery. Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker both grew up on Tatooine, and Obi-Wan Kenobi spent years in hiding on this desolate world.

Endor- Secluded in a remote corner of the galaxy, the forest moon of Endor would easily have been overlooked by history were it not for the decisive battle that occurred there. The lush, forest home of the Ewok species is the gravesite of Darth Vader and the Empire itself. It was here that the Rebel Alliance won its most crucial victory over the Galactic Empire.

Yavin IV- One of a number of moons orbiting the gas giant Yavin in the galaxy’s Outer Rim, Yavin 4 was a steamy world covered in jungle and forest. It was the location of the principal rebel base early in the Galactic Civil War, and the site from which the Rebellion launched the attack that destroyed the first Death Star – a confrontation known thereafter as the Battle of Yavin.

Hoth- Hoth is the sixth planet in the remote system of the same name, and was the site of the Rebel Alliance's Echo Base. It is a world of snow and ice, surrounded by numerous moons, and home to deadly creatures like the wampa.

Dagobah- Home to Yoda during his final years, Dagobah was a swamp-covered planet -- a forgotten world where the wizened Jedi Master could escape the notice of Imperial forces. Characterized by its bog-like conditions and fetid wetlands, the murky and humid quagmire was undeveloped, with no signs of technology. Though it lacked civilization, the planet was teeming with life -- from its dense, jungle undergrowth to its diverse animal population. Home to a number of fairly common reptilian and amphibious creatures, Dagobah also boasted an indigenous population of much more massive -- and mysterious -- lifeforms.

Alderaan- If ever one needed an example of the irredeemable evil that was the Empire, turn to the shattered remains of Alderaan. An influential world, Alderaan was represented in the waning days of the Republic by such venerated politicians as Bail Antilles and Bail Organa. A peaceful world, Alderaan was bereft of weaponry in an era of galactic strife. It was not without spirit, however. Alderaan was one of the earliest supporters of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, though its officials prudently kept all ties to the Rebellion secret. Despite such discretion, the Empire knew it to be a haven of Rebel activity, and Grand Moff Tarkin targeted the beautiful world for reprisal as soon as the Death Star was operational. The massive primary weapon of the battle station obliterated Alderaan, leaving only a lifeless asteroid field behind.

Cloud City- Suspended high among the pastel clouds of Bespin is a floating metropolis of sophisticated beauty and political freedom. Cloud City exists not only as a mining colony, extracting valuable Tibanna gas from the depths of the giant planet, but also as a sanctuary for those trying to escape the turmoil gripping the galaxy. Though profitable, Cloud City is small enough not to be noticed by larger authorities such as the Mining Guild. It prospered under the capable stewardship of Baron-Administrator Lando Calrissian. Calrissian, assisted by his aide Lobot, contended with self-sufficiency issues and labor difficulties throughout his brief term.

Death Star- The Death Star was the Empire’s ultimate weapon: a moon-sized space station with the ability to destroy an entire planet. But the Emperor and Imperial officers like Grand Moff Tarkin underestimated the tenacity of the Rebel Alliance, who refused to bow to this technological terror…

Cloud City and Dagobah sound like the nicest/ safest to me. I'll probably go with one of those.
This is a nice post. It reminds me of Golden's, but this one is from Starwars.com!
Sorsha wrote:
Matt F wrote:I have no idea what Dom understood, but I was just havin' fun with Roxy. I have no idea what Sorsha Day 0 means. XD
You if all people should know what Sorsha day 0 means!!! :fist: :p

Just kidding. I'm catching up now...
WHAT DOES IT MEAN, SORSHA. WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEAAAANNNNN
Sorsha wrote:

That's not at all what I got from MM's post here, but okay.

Uh...I don't know what to think. I have mixed feelings because Sorsha's posts are pointing me in different directions as far as her alignment is concerned. I guess that's why I'm doing these GTH ISO analyses though, so I don't get to be neutral. Fuck it. For now she seems to be putting in an honest effort, so I believe she is:

TOWN

linki - That is not what tunneling indicates to me. To me tunneling indicates being overly sold on a particular conclusion, nothing more, nothing less. It's not that you are ignoring information (far from it), it's that you are interpreting the information you yourself have in a way that is too biased to have any objective value for those of us who don't share that bias to consider.

linki @ Matt - Ugh. Don't twist my words Matt, if it was merely that you don't have much to say yet I wouldn't be any more bothered by you than anyone else who doesn't have much to say yet. It's the way you worded that particular post that concerns me. Read my response to it again if you like.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Jeez Zebra I wanted to look you over and you already have 89 posts wtf

Linki - Lol the wording, really? Okay. Well just so you know, I don't have many thoughts yet but I will check out the game through reread and see what's what.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:Bass_the_Clever

Finally one of the lower posters, I'm starting to feel like JJJ. I feel like I might get mafia fever. :P
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I think the death star would be bad news. High is cold so I don't want to go there. Tatooine is where Jana is from I think so it might be the best place to get info.
Jana? You mean Jabba? This comes off as a bit disingenuous for a Day 0 vote. Mainly gut, but I don't like how assured you seem that visiting Jabba will benefit the civs rather than Jabba himself. Other players at least considered the possibility that it might be a bad thing, even if they weighed the options likely to be in town's favor.
One nap later...
That's it? Assuming you read everything, this isn't much to offer, and DAMN it comes off as hella fake. You have a neutral read on MM that doubles as an excuse for yourself for that read to not be swayed in either direction for some time (hmm...) and your civ read on MP is based on a reason that could easily be a byproduct of WIFOM, especially for a player with enough experience (not to mention hosting) as MP. And you know this! I believe your reasoning is an act. This is why it's important to take a close look at the lower posters; their scummy behavior goes by unnoticed much easier than the baddies who post often. Before going through his ISO, if you had asked me what my GTH of Bass was I would probably have said town, but at the moment he is my strongest read yet of the dark side:

SCUM
Some meta on Bass, when he calls me bad on Day 1, he's always been civ.

The one time he waffled on me on Day 1, he was mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy

Anyone who has been following the ongoing Pet Sounds game knows that I have reason to be biased against DrWilgy, but I'm going to try not to be. Here goes:
DrWilgy wrote:Caw!! Caw!! I am a bird!!
Huh. Okay...
DrWilgy wrote:Dagoooobah!
Alright. Why? I know it's Day 0, but this seems a bit...off.
DrWilgy wrote:Does that mean it's day 1 yet?
DrWilgy wrote:╰། ◉ ◯ ◉ །╯
What??? Is this Reddit now?
DrWilgy wrote:Hi everyone!!!

ຈ ◞౪◟ຈ
What in the name of fuck?!

I have quoted ALL of his posts so far here. IN ORDER. Like I said going over Bass, this is why I'm glad when I make myself go over the lower posters' ISOs. Where are the statistic-heavy analyses? Where is the attempts at scumhunting? Never mind that, I know it's Day 1 and all, but where even is the basic communication? Something, ANYTHING would be nice. This is a bizarre, unorthodox game for Wilgy whether he's town OR scum. I would certainly not have expected to be reminded of BUGLABUSH when going through his ISO here. Wilgy, care to elaborate? Because right now, GTH, I'm more inclined to think that he would try something like this as:

SCUM

...which means that the two lowest posters I've looked at so far have been my two GTH scum reads, neither of which I even noticed until reading their ISOs. I've said it once and I'll say it again.

WATCH THE LURKERS, PEOPLE.

linki - Good to know. Thanks, MM. :noble:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

As far as day one policy lynches go, lynching lurkers would be fine with me.

I've now seen several games here where the entire scum team lurk and play the game of trying to get the higher poster players to take each other out.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I am not advocating any policy lynch, for the record. If I advocating lynching a lurker, it's only because the little content they DO have, comes off as scummy to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I didn't mean to imply you were - let me put it better. The bad vibes one gets from low posters are often based on little evidence, but I have no problem acting on that evidence if I think they are bad. I don't want to see someone who appears to be a scum lurker slip by because there always appears to be higher priorities, which is something I think can happen easily.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

K, I'm going over peeps using Zebra's list, so they won't be alphabetical...

siggie

In the three games I've played with sig, he gets sussed early every time and typically it's over something silly like wording or whatever (*ahem* Zebra). But I did get a slight ping from this...

Nov 16th 7:43 am
sig wrote:
It could also favor the Hutts, but we might just be overthinking it.
Above, Enrique makes a statement, sig replies to the statement, and that's that.

Nov 18th 3:34 pm
Though this
2 days after sig quotes this statement the first time, he suddenly finds it "interesting". This is after Enrique is already taking suspicion from others for the Yavin thing.

sig - Why wasn't it interesting the first time you quoted Enrique? It only became interesting after Enrique was getting looks?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden

Nothing sticks out really, but he seems more playful then usual so far. Typically at around this time, if civ, Golden is picking a fight with another civ. Why hasn't that happened yet Golden?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F (why did no one tell me I've been forgetting to underline these?)

Also known as Mr. Death Star, apparently. More than one person thought I overreacted to his enthusiasm for going there on Day 0. I shall now punish them by quoting EVERY. SINGLE. POST where he mentioned it.
Matt F wrote:Yo

I'm going to be adventurous and pick Death Star

:eek:

Linki - Nice Zebra :beer:
Matt F wrote:Why isn't everyone picking Death Star? I heard they have free wifi now so obvi the best option.

:fiesta:
Matt F wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Matt F wrote:Why isn't everyone picking Death Star? I heard they have free wifi now so obvi the best option.

:fiesta:
what r u hidin from us matty
Yeah, he seems pretty excited about it.
what if his goal was to make us not vote for it

i mean i never intended to anyway but what if
Who's hiding? I'm here to kill some bad guys. Bad guys are at the Death Star.

I am, indeed. Let's go!!

Then I am currently doing a wonderful job. But no, really, Death Star sounds amazing. Can you imagine the view?

lol @ Floyd
Matt F wrote:A bunch of innocents are obliterated on Alderaan, and we are currently leading the town there? :faint:
*record scratch*
Okay wait a second. WHAT? Speaking as someone who voted for the Death Star myself, I voted for it because I wanted to see what would happen. I like my mafia flair unpredictable, explosive, and deadly. I was looking forward to the chaos that would come from going to the Death Star since it seemed more likely that some shit would go down if we went directly there on the first day, than if we went anywhere else. Yet you voted for it as well and have the nerve to object to going to a place that might result in some chaos? Uh, HELLO. You voted for the fucking DEATH STAR. Are you really in a position to object to any other location for fucking safety reasons?

Or maybe that was the point, and this was a joke, and I just wasted my time getting worked up about it. Please respond and let me know. Anyway, back to the Death Star binge.
Matt F wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I just saw this game started.
FYI the Death Star has a SUPER LASER that can destroy planets. I know how much you like your lasers. :beer:
Matt F wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
You're taking this Death Star enthusiasm to an uncomfortable extreme, Matt. Are you saying everyone who voted for the Death Star should be ignored when they appear suspicious?
Uncomfortable extreme? C'mon, I was just havin' a little fun Zeebs. :meany:
Matt F wrote:I don't think my pushing for Death Star was off. I was surprised there weren't more votes there anyway. Ask anyone on the street, "Would you rather visit Tatooine or the Death Star?", 10 to 1 most peeps are sayin' Death Star.

And yes, I completely agree Sorsha Day 0. :P
Matt F wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt F wrote:Zebra hasn't shouted in all caps yet.

:ponder:
:haha:

Matt F, what's on your mind? I can't recall anything you've said, which is either due to the fact that I'm sick and not absorbing the thread as I read it, or because you haven't talked enough yet. Either way... throw some stuff at me.
Most of my posts have been about Day 0 and really wantin' to get up to that Death Star. Nobody wanted to go though :eye: (yup, I'm eyein' all 20 some players who didn't vote for Death Star)

I wasn't necessarily joking with that last post of mine, either. The games I've seen of her, she's been all civ and each time she gets really intense (which is a good thing, IMO) but I don't believe I've felt that from her in this game. In addition, in the few games we've played together we've had a few jokey posts and for her to eye me for having fun about Dragon... Hmmm

Zebra - You know I can always assist with idiotic logic. What did you think of this post, for example? Were you really eyeing me for my comment on Dragon or were you having fun?

Hmmm
Matt F wrote:No peeps, I did not have info on the Day 0 poll. I simply thought Death Star was the coolest choice.

Sorsha - Yeah I was surprised more people didn't pick Death Star. I mean, really? Obviously since there are only two other folks who picked Death Star besides me, in essence it's a bit silly to "eye" everyone, but c'mon. Can everyone honestly say that if they were asked to actually go to one of these places you wouldn't pick the freakin' Death Star? How many people picked Alderaan? Bubbles, Golden, Luke, Dom, MP. So you guys are at a party, and someone says "Hey would you rather go to Alderaan or the Death Star?". You're like "Yeah let's go to the planet that blows up. Sounds like a nice time."

Zebra/Elohcin - Dudettes, chill! Day 1 isn't even over and we don't have much to go on yet. Believe me, though, opinions will be flyin' outta me like no tomorrow, soon I'm bettin'. I'll look over some ISO's tonight, specifically the Alderaan voters for now.
Matt, you do realize that
the Death Star blows up too, right?
I've already mentioned how I feel about his post where he somehow bets he will contribute more substantial material "soon" but his response to it is even more suspect given how he interpreted what I said. By itself I wouldn't think badly of it, but in the context of Matt's ISO, it looks awful for his alignment. And yes Matt, wording. Wording is important.

Here's the thing: As I said before, it's weird for Matt to be bothered by me playing a somewhat less intense (you haven't even seen me be intense Matt, not ever) game when the game he's playing is nothing short of bizarre. It doesn't stand out as unorthodox compared to DrWilgy, but it's still definitely not the Matt I was beginning to get used to, and others feel the same way. So like Wilgy, what we have here is some serious WIFOM. Is he hinting at role information with this non-stop emphasis on the Death Star? He says he isn't, but then what's the point of being so enthusiastic about it? It doesn't seem to make sense from both a town perspective as well as a scum perspective. However, from a town perspective the Death Star stuff seems to make even less sense given the context of his attempts at scumhunting so far as well as the wording of his more recent posts, so GTH, I can say pretty confidently that I think he is:

SCUM

linki - How nice, another reason to make my read more confident. Why are you so certain that Golden hasn't already picked a fight with another civ, Matt? Could this be a scumslip that Mac is your teammate?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Good job Matt, you made me spend almost forty damn minutes going over a single player.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique

I am so done with these after finishing Matt's ISO. But nevertheless, I must move forward! :noble:
Sooooo this is a horse that's been beaten to death already. I have nothing to say about it that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say again that I am not convinced by Enrique's most recent responses attempting to explain his position with this. In fact, I actually wasn't that pinged by it until he explained it, because his explanation came off as fake. But I'll get to that in a bit.
Enrique wrote:thats like the biggest nonstory ive seen presented as a case on mafia

tbh i had no idea what "Yavin" was until i read the descriptions, at which point it was a bit of a no-brainer. like really? the place is literally the civvie base where the civvies do cool things in the movies. i DID consider my options (tattooine, endor) up until i found out about yavin. but then when it looked so good, surely i was missing something that kept people away from it? nobody gave it any consideration so i just put it down to lack of familiarity and went ahead and voted.

like i dont even understand what the baddie logic behind anything there would be.
From this point almost 24 hours ago all the way to now, Enrique has been doing nothing but explaining himself and re-explaining himself and being defensive and being over-defensive. It just looks really bad. Maybe when he starts talking about something other than other people's thoughts on him I'll be more comfortable with his alignment, but as of right now, GTH, based on his ISO I would say he looks like:

SCUM
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt F wrote:Golden

Nothing sticks out really, but he seems more playful then usual so far. Typically at around this time, if civ, Golden is picking a fight with another civ. Why hasn't that happened yet Golden?
Thats kind of low. Often by this point I'm picking a fight with a baddie.

But, this is one of the most common and yet untrue accusations that gets levelled at me. If you looked back at the games I've played on this site, you'll see I've been lynched early several times as civ for not having 'picked a fight' yet - most notably in economics where I was lynched day one and then got to sub in as a baddie and clean everyone up. No early fights in Biblical where I was civ. But I did have early fights in Bullets over Broadway where I was Indy.

Since you came back, you have played 4 games early with me. In Dune zebra and I got into a fight, but it was not me that 'picked it'... I said I had a small ping and he overreacted. In Talking Heads I had some dialogue going on with Rico, but it could hardly be called a fight (any more than the posts I exchanged with Mac today). The first time I picked a fight was day 2, and it was with the specific goal of getting people to lynch me. And World Reborn, you didn't see me go straight out and pick fights in that one either (although because it is ongoing, I recognise we can't dialogue on what that means).

Long story short - you are raising a false indicator of my affiliation. (And I think your representation that I am 'more playful' is incorrect too... I always try to be playful. It makes things fun for me.)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Zebra, you've been forgetting to underline your isos.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 0]

Post by a2thezebra »

Bubbles
Bubbles wrote:hey everyone
i am not familiar with the star wars films either so I'm going to vote Alderaan which sounds the nicest,from golden's and sorsha's descriptions lol
SCUM
That was easy.

linki - Thank you Golden.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dom

It's a short ISO, and there's nothing that stands out to me enough as either town or scum to be worth quoting. But since Dom has more than one post and none of them come off as disingenuous (*cough* Bubbles *cough*) GTH right now I would say Dom is:

TOWN
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

TheFloyd73

Floyd, like Dom, doesn't have any posts that rub me in any particular way. Unlike Dom, none of Floyd's posts are relating to the game. Which means that out of all of my scum reads so far this one is most likely the easiest for me to be persuaded otherwise, but GTH is GTH, and right now when presented with a complete lack of on-topic material I have no choice but to default to:

SCUM
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MP

Congrats on 14000 :workit:

I haven't played with MP for well over two years (in fact I don't think I've ever even played with him here, last game played together was at RM prolly) so I have no Meta or anything to go on...although apparently everyone thinks meta is bullshit anyway. Right away, I'm a little pinged by MP's Day 0 vote.

Check this out...
MovingPictures07 wrote:So which planet do we want to visit?

I have no knowledge of the movies, other than the major quotes, so... I'm willing to let someone else provide some context here.
Here is every vote for Alderaan or every statement about Alderaan until MP eventually votes...
Golden wrote:I'm considering a vote for Alderaan. If I want to go there at all, it might need to be early, before the Empire carry out a 'demonstration'.
sig wrote:Alderaan = BOOM
Sorsha wrote:Alderaan- If ever one needed an example of the irredeemable evil that was the Empire, turn to the shattered remains of Alderaan. An influential world, Alderaan was represented in the waning days of the Republic by such venerated politicians as Bail Antilles and Bail Organa. A peaceful world, Alderaan was bereft of weaponry in an era of galactic strife. It was not without spirit, however. Alderaan was one of the earliest supporters of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, though its officials prudently kept all ties to the Rebellion secret. Despite such discretion, the Empire knew it to be a haven of Rebel activity, and Grand Moff Tarkin targeted the beautiful world for reprisal as soon as the Death Star was operational. The massive primary weapon of the battle station obliterated Alderaan, leaving only a lifeless asteroid field behind.
Bubbles wrote:hey everyone
i am not familiar with the star wars films either so I'm going to vote Alderaan which sounds the nicest,from golden's and sorsha's descriptions lol
Luke11646 wrote:I don't know anything about any of the planets except Death Star, so I had to search them up, I'm going Alderaan.
DFaraday wrote:For everyone voting Alderaan, I really hope we don't end up like this:

Dom wrote:Voted Alderaan.
Matt F wrote:A bunch of innocents are obliterated on Alderaan, and we are currently leading the town there? :faint:
Now, here is MP's vote post for Alderaan
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks for analyzing this poll, folks!

I'm voting Alderaan, just to make the poll a bit more interesting, and because some people think it sounds OK. I doubt Epi made the results obvious though, if there are any (besides serving as a mechanic for the role that Golden pointed out).
So MP starts off by saying he will rely on other people's info. In every post I found about Alderaan, players were clearly letting everyone know that it was messed up. The few that voted it barely said anything about why (Luke, Dom, Bubbles).

So MP, if you weren't just talking nonsense about listening to other people's views, what lead you to vote for Alderaan when everyone who talked about it referred to it's eventual demise? And the people who did vote for it barely said two words about it, so how did they convince you to go that way? :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I will say from my experience of bubbles that one post sounds town to me.

I'm not exactly doing my own ISOs here zebra, but based on the things you've chosen to post about each person + my own impressions gained during the course of the game, bubbles is (surprisingly, to me) the first one where my gth read differs.

Return to “Previous Jobs”