Total votes: 14
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Savage wrote:
Simon wrote:I'm here. I see there are a lot of players who aren't talking like me. I think it would be good to find and lynch Boba Fett because he can kill any night. We need to make sure he doesn't survive. :srsnod:
Is indie hunting not a scumtell here? I'm surprised this didn't get that much notice.
I agree, indie hunting should be a big scumtell. I think people are giving Simon a pass because he's kind of new at mafia iirc. But I don't like how this "indie hunting" was his only attempt at contributing to the game until now.

Just to explain, in case Simon doesn't know, indie hunting over mafia hunting is generally counter-productive because an indie can be as big of a threat to mafia as they are to town. And a mafia player would be interested in hunting the indie above all, so people who hunt for indies can be suspicious. Besides, this particular indie doesn't even seem to have the wincon of killing everyone, and could be an useful asset to town.
a2thezebra wrote:
Simon wrote:I'm here. I see there are a lot of players who aren't talking like me. I think it would be good to find and lynch Boba Fett because he can kill any night. We need to make sure he doesn't survive. :srsnod:
I agree. Now how do you suppose we go about doing that?
This post bothered a little more, though. Are you actually agreeing with Simon's proposition, or just questioning it? If you are agreeing, it reeks of opportunism. Jumping on a bad idea from a new player so you can help him lead town in the wrong direction is pretty bad. Then again, it sounds too obvious of a thing for a mafia player to do.

Then in a next post, you are calling Simon scum. And now I'm confused. Do you agree or not agree with him?

Putting this whole exchange aside though, I'm currently having a town read on Zebra, if only because her rant over Golden/Mac's distracting argument seemed like the kind of thing a mafia player would avoid doing. She saw a free chance of pissing people off and turning everyone's attention to her, and took it without a second thought? Way too risky for a mafia player, seriously.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Savage wrote:As of right now, I feel strongest that zebra is town. This is subject to change depending on how others post, but overall it has to do with how contributive her post are and fingering all people she finds suspect/inquires about. My neutral reads would be people like movingpictures07, MacDougall and MetalMarsh89. These are players that I've noticed post since the start of day 1. Not saying others haven't posted, but I mostly view on mobile(gonna have to change that if I plan to play serious) and so I haven't critically read many post and really only remember post if I notice an avatar I see. Which is why I want to re-read the phase when I have time.
As someone who has never played with almost every player here, I'm particularly interested in any elaboration you can provide.
Me too. I'm giving Savage a free pass since he is new here, but he seems kind of disconnected from this game. Then again, he did say some useful points, so maybe it's just how he is choosing to play here. Like, observing, commenting on a few things but not joining most discussions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

I am playing differently in this game to the other games I have played on TS so far, so far, because I initially felt like trying hard, but I was basically told I suck so I maybe I'll just go back to being a dick to people.

Now if you don't mind I just finished watching Inside Out, while my four year old daughter (only child) was asleep in my arms, so I'm going to go cry into a pillow for the next two thousand god damned years.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Matt F wrote:Bass

Nothin' much. This is hypocritical because I just literally "lol"'d at a couple of quotes and I do it regularly, but how often does Bass "lol" in his posts? Of his six, four of them he's laughing and not much else. Nervous laughter perhaps? :shifty:

Since Zebra wouldn't have a case if I didn't include the words "Death" and "Star" in my posts, I'll mention Bass didn't want to go to the Death Star because he thinks it would be bad news.

Anyway, I have no read on Bass. If I was forced to pick, I'd say bad but no real reason why.
This post sounded like passive agression to me. Are you writing those ISOs because you want to give your opinions on players, or because Zebra said you weren't contributing and now you want to throw that into her face? Was this particular post to talk about your opinion on Bass, or to keep throwing shit on Zebra?

Honestly, the whole "Death Star" debacle is a huge waste of time. I refuse to consider any Day 0 votes as evidence to anything, simply because they were all completely uninformed. But your reactions to this whole debacle are what are pinging me hard. It feels like you are trying to make yourself a victim because people picked on you for the Death Star posts, and that is scummy behavior to me.

Also:
Golden wrote:Every single one of your isos has read disingenuous to me, without exception. They feel like false reads for the sake of looking town. Even your town read on me feels like a way for you to pick a fight with me.
I'm pretty much getting the same impression. Matt was saying nothing useful before Zebra pointed that out, and then he suddenly changed from "OT posts only" to "let's make ISOs on EVERYONE", with some ISOs being somewhat half-assed. You seem more wrried about day 0 votes than any other aspect of the game, and like I said, I see that as a waste of time.

If you wanna contribute, you don't have to do it because people are demanding you to, and you don't have to go full supatown and flood the thread with opinions on EVERYONE if you don't want to. You just help with whatever you can, whenever you can.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:You seem more wrried about day 0 votes than any other aspect of the game, and like I said, I see that as a waste of time.

If you wanna contribute, you don't have to do it because people are demanding you to, and you don't have to go full supatown and flood the thread with opinions on EVERYONE if you don't want to. You just help with whatever you can, whenever you can.
Oh just to make it clear, this sentence was adressed at Matt, not Golden. I realize the way I wrote the paragraph was kind of awkward.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Why is this game always dead when I'm here, but suddenly gets 4928575734986793467 posts when I'm not?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

Glorfindel wrote:I've got to tell you guys, I feel so far out of my depth right now. From my limited experience, what passes for evidence this early on in Mafia games is often little more than a combination of bravado and overactive imagination. All I can see is some particularly harsh accusations being thrown around by some VERY enthusiastic players. I have been around long enough not to mistake aggressiveness in these games with Mafia guilt so a couple of feuding prominent players (at this stage of the game) doesn't convince me that one is necessarily Mafia. From what I've read, Golden seems to make a lot of sense to me...

Like I said, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to follow you guys...
I agree with you tbqh. The thread has been a total chaotic mess.

I'm voting Matt F because he followed a2z on this stupid endeavor of doing reads on everyone on day one to appear civvie.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

MacDougall wrote:I am playing differently in this game to the other games I have played on TS so far, so far, because I initially felt like trying hard, but I was basically told I suck so I maybe I'll just go back to being a dick to people.

Now if you don't mind I just finished watching Inside Out, while my four year old daughter (only child) was asleep in my arms, so I'm going to go cry into a pillow for the next two thousand god damned years.
gaaaaaaaah. That movie! The feels! I'm sobbing a little just imagining you and your little girl, and I don't even fucking know you. GODDDAMN YOU MANIPULATIVE CHILDREN'S MOVIE THAT ELOQUENTLY DESCRIBED MY OWN SOUL TO ME! :puppy:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

Okay haven't read up on the thread but Enrique I still don't think it is lynch worthy, but I did find it interesting, know it is interesting not just for your case, but more so for other people. If you have knowledge of the Star Wars lore it would make sense for the Hutts to try and get us to go to their planet. I think we had two Hutt members voting for their planet.

I wouldn't be willing to lynch anyone based off of what planet they picked, I think voting to lynch someone based around that won't be very helpful at all.

I'll make a bigger post later but I must be off for the time.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Alright, I've got about 12 minutes, and then I'll be back about 2 hours after that if there are any responses.

Enrique - I look forward to endgame when you find out that I most definitely did not have any info whatsoever.

Dom - Really? I get pinged because my contributions have been "nothing useful", and now you vote for me because I dared to contribute? Haha when I flip, I hope peeps look at you first. What did you think of the few ISO's I made, whether they were a stupid endeavor or not? I'm an easy effin' lynch thanks to Zebra, and you just throwing your vote on me without even giving me a chance to respond earns you an :eye:

Dragon - Again, so...If I don't contribute, I get sussed by folks, if I do contribute, I get sussed by people. Peachy.

Mac - You make me feel bad when you say "Matt fuckin' F of all people" :( ;airguitar:

sig - Please when you can be bothered to read the thread, answer my question.

Zebra - If you don't want to answer my questions, fine. :beer: If it's too hard for you to put these supposed answers you've already given me in a nice simple post, then wow. Can you at least take each of my three questions, and direct me to which of your already 100 posts I can find those answers in? No? I'm guessing not.

Someone said I was doing half assed ISO's (Dom maybe?), please elaborate.

Golden - Whenever you get a chance, please give me specific examples where you think my ISOs have all been disingenuous. Again, NONE of them were so this should be fun.

MP - I think you said you'd be busy today, but again, please answer my question to you when you get a chance (and whether I'm dead or not). Thanks!

Right now without even rereading Dom, I know he came in here and threw a vote on Alderaan w/o explanation, and now threw a vote on me without even giving me a chance to respond. Eff that, if Zebra gets her wish and I'm lynched today, look at Dom first (but yeah, keep a close eye on Zebra and Golden too if they don't answer my questions)

Alright, it's about 5 till noon my time, I should be back around 2:30, 3. Peeps, I am not Mafia. I did NOT have info. If I don't contribute, I'm bad in some people's eyes, if I do contribute, I'm bad again. Wtf really?
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

I have read this forum 1.5 times and am now reading through ISOs.

I thought I would start by taking a look at the person who I had found to be the most suspucious which is Russtifinko
Russtifinko wrote:Ok, so for the srs bsns I promised:

1) Voting Tatooine. Less for movie reasons and more because if we want info about Jabba's plans and our operatives found his plans in his palace, it makes sense to think his palace is a good place to start the search.

2) DDL, I can't decide whether it's civ-ish or a baddie move to run through all the possible ways you'd catch a baddie based on the planet mechanic before we get a chance to actually use any of the methods. Consider me slightly pinged, there.
The first part being specifically what I had an issue with, not the second which I have already stated my reasons for disliking. This is the only content of Russ's thus far that I found to be of any use.

The only other thing I found to be worth noting is this:
Russtifinko wrote:Dammit, I forgot to actually vote in Day 0. :derp:
I still find the first post that I noted to be suspicious, but there is so much additional content and Russ lacks so much content I do think that this is worth focusing on as it has already been discussed in length, I think there is much more valuable content that needs to be examined.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Thanks DharmaHelper
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Its right under the rules now, I didn't want to edit the first post because i think that will shit on the poll.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

I just made the longest goddamn catch-up post of my mafia career and now it's fucking gone. I don't give a shit, I WILL respond to everything again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Seriously, I just spent two and a half fucking hours on one goddamn post.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

zebra ill let u kno this is a family friendly forum
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Players with little to no content list:

Bass_the_Clever
Bubbles
Dom
TheFloyd73
Luke11646
Glorfindel
DFaraday
Roxy
Simon
Black Rock
nijuukyugou
NANANANANANA_BANANA

These players all have under 10 posts with no real content to analyze.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

I didn't realize we had a player called Mishimeals in this game. Has anybody heard from them?

Also, anybody else notice how the poll is mostly alphabetical, but with Dom/DF switched around, the lowercase players in the bottom... and my name in lowercase?

hosts pls im like the only one even using his proper name

linki- maybe add mishimeals with 0 posts to the list
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Sig you are online, I was just going through your posts and I saw nothing noteworthy at all. Are you caught up with all of the reading? Do you have any major suspicions? You seem to be busy based on your previous post.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Golden wrote:
Matt F wrote:Golden

Nothing sticks out really, but he seems more playful then usual so far. Typically at around this time, if civ, Golden is picking a fight with another civ. Why hasn't that happened yet Golden?
Thats kind of low. Often by this point I'm picking a fight with a baddie.

But, this is one of the most common and yet untrue accusations that gets levelled at me. If you looked back at the games I've played on this site, you'll see I've been lynched early several times as civ for not having 'picked a fight' yet - most notably in economics where I was lynched day one and then got to sub in as a baddie and clean everyone up. No early fights in Biblical where I was civ. But I did have early fights in Bullets over Broadway where I was Indy.

Since you came back, you have played 4 games early with me. In Dune zebra and I got into a fight, but it was not me that 'picked it'... I said I had a small ping and he overreacted. In Talking Heads I had some dialogue going on with Rico, but it could hardly be called a fight (any more than the posts I exchanged with Mac today). The first time I picked a fight was day 2, and it was with the specific goal of getting people to lynch me. And World Reborn, you didn't see me go straight out and pick fights in that one either (although because it is ongoing, I recognise we can't dialogue on what that means).

Long story short - you are raising a false indicator of my affiliation. (And I think your representation that I am 'more playful' is incorrect too... I always try to be playful. It makes things fun for me.)
I was wondering about that golden, what's going on normally by this point your are flinging shit around looking for scum. I just took a look at your content, even with 40+ posts there is almost no content. Are you busy being trained in the ways of the dark side? I find this concerning.

I would say that your three latest posts appear to be your only actual content. That being said, you appear to have a read on matt, I will take a look at him next as a lot of people seem to be going on about him right now.

Do you have any other reads or major concerns?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Okay I'm here, this day has been quite active but read wise I don't have much.
Matt wanting to go to the Death Star isn't strange to me, and I think he makes a good point about MP and Aldeeran. I do think some of the Tatooine voters are the Hutts, without any information it would make sense to think the Hutts have power on Tatoonie. Also if we look at the two indy teams they might not be town friendly at all. So even a planet favoring the independents might not be good, Especially if it favors the Raiders.

I'm reading Zebra as civ and I've got Wilgy as a slight mafia read. Besides that I think today has had more civ vs civs arguments and the mafia players are lying low.

Know here are some things.
The civ points you got for killing your sister in mine craft are gone you're neutral again since honestly Boba Fett is the coolest character know that the EU is gone. :P

So I don't find Independent hunting to be a scum tell necessary , but this early in the game it is better to hunt mafia this is a slight ping but not lynch worthy, Simon how many mafia games have you played before?

Also this
Boba Fett
Boba Fett, the famous bounty hunter, will eliminate competition...if the price is right. He has a kill, but he must accept a contract to use it. Bidders may bid each Night through the hosts. If Fett accepts an offer, he will see to it that the requested target is dead, whether by lynch or kill. He cannot be paid until it is. If the bidder does not have the credits on hand to pay Boba Fett when the job is finished, the bidder must vote as Fett demands until the debt is paid.

From reading this I assumed Fett only had one kill.

@Hosts can you confirm how many kills Fett has?
Glorfindel wrote:I've got to tell you guys, I feel so far out of my depth right now. From my limited experience, what passes for evidence this early on in Mafia games is often little more than a combination of bravado and overactive imagination. All I can see is some particularly harsh accusations being thrown around by some VERY enthusiastic players. I have been around long enough not to mistake aggressiveness in these games with Mafia guilt so a couple of feuding prominent players (at this stage of the game) doesn't convince me that one is necessarily Mafia. From what I've read, Golden seems to make a lot of sense to me
Don't be so humble Glorfindel you've played a good amount of mafia games I doubt you only have limited experience. Also what do you mean by Mafia guilt?
Matt F wrote:K, I'm going over peeps using Zebra's list, so they won't be alphabetical...

siggie

In the three games I've played with sig, he gets sussed early every time and typically it's over something silly like wording or whatever (*ahem* Zebra). But I did get a slight ping from this...

Nov 16th 7:43 am
sig wrote:
Enrique wrote:I think Tattooine, in the worst case scenario, would favor the Independents. Do we know what their win conditions are yet?
It could also favor the Hutts, but we might just be overthinking it.
Above, Enrique makes a statement, sig replies to the statement, and that's that.

Nov 18th 3:34 pm
sig wrote:I don't think enrique vote for Yavin is suspicious.
Though this
Enrique wrote:I think Tattooine, in the worst case scenario, would favor the Independents. Do we know what their win conditions are yet?
The Hutts aren't independent and are based on Tattooine so I find this interesting.
2 days after sig quotes this statement the first time, he suddenly finds it "interesting". This is after Enrique is already taking suspicion from others for the Yavin thing.

sig - Why wasn't it interesting the first time you quoted Enrique? It only became interesting after Enrique was getting looks?
I didn't suddenly find it interesting I gave it more thought, in my first post I mentioned the Hutts, but didn't put to much thought into it reading back I found it strange this was ignored especially considering the Hutts were in the write up.
So I can't really say much for this I just found it interesting. I voted for Hoth since I wanted to and it was the least likely to have a negative impact on the civs, though that was a minor thought I mainly voted for it since I wanted to.

So still not sure who to vote for if I don't see any major pings at this point so I'll be holding my vote for the time, though the more I think about Enrique the less I like his posts. I'd like other players thoughts on this.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sorry for the errors and lower levels of posting I've been busy with school lately.
@Matt did you have any other questions I've missed?
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

bcornett24 wrote:
Golden wrote:

Nothing sticks out really, but he seems more playful then usual so far. Typically at around this time, if civ, Golden is picking a fight with another civ. Why hasn't that happened yet Golden?
Thats kind of low. Often by this point I'm picking a fight with a baddie.

But, this is one of the most common and yet untrue accusations that gets levelled at me. If you looked back at the games I've played on this site, you'll see I've been lynched early several times as civ for not having 'picked a fight' yet - most notably in economics where I was lynched day one and then got to sub in as a baddie and clean everyone up. No early fights in Biblical where I was civ. But I did have early fights in Bullets over Broadway where I was Indy.

Since you came back, you have played 4 games early with me. In Dune zebra and I got into a fight, but it was not me that 'picked it'... I said I had a small ping and he overreacted. In Talking Heads I had some dialogue going on with Rico, but it could hardly be called a fight (any more than the posts I exchanged with Mac today). The first time I picked a fight was day 2, and it was with the specific goal of getting people to lynch me. And World Reborn, you didn't see me go straight out and pick fights in that one either (although because it is ongoing, I recognise we can't dialogue on what that means).

Long story short - you are raising a false indicator of my affiliation. (And I think your representation that I am 'more playful' is incorrect too... I always try to be playful. It makes things fun for me.)
I was wondering about that golden, what's going on normally by this point your are flinging shit around looking for scum. I just took a look at your content, even with 40+ posts there is almost no content. Are you busy being trained in the ways of the dark side? I find this concerning.

I would say that your three latest posts appear to be your only actual content. That being said, you appear to have a read on matt, I will take a look at him next as a lot of people seem to be going on about him right now.

Do you have any other reads or major concerns?
Brian, you just basically ignored the entire content of that post where I already responded to Matt on the exact point you raised.

In Economics, I was lynched with about 100 posts on day one... for having 'no content' in those posts and apparently hedging or not committing to things. Despite having just as many reads as I did in this game. I was civilian. The real reason I was lynched is because people expected my 'content' to be fights and tunneling.

I have a lot of content. It's just that I don't have 30 posts all about how bad one person is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And I will repeat what I said to Matt.

Your post about me appears like you have just ISOed me. If that is true, you ought to know that I've given reads on about half of the people in the game, which is significantly more than most other people here.

I'll add you to my scum read list, though. I don't like it when people push this agenda about me, that if I don't pick fights I'm not creating content. I've seen it take me down as a civilian too many times, both back in my RM days and since I've arrived at the Syndicate. People use an incorrect perception of my meta against me. It is something I find inherently suspicious, especially when the basic starting point is that I 'don't have content' when that is plainly untrue.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

@ golden, i did see that, you don't have to go jjj super poster in order to scum hunt.

I read through all of your content as an iso and within the forum, which I've read completely almost 2x now. I do not feel that most of your posts, as I just stated, except for the last three, are of any real substance. This is why I made the previous statement.

I did find the last three + posts to be useful though and as I said I will be looking at matt next.

I am not going to sit here and make stuff up, all you have to do is go through your post history which I am linking for you or anybody else who finds this examination prudent and would like to examine your content: Golden.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Taking a look at Matt F now.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Golden wrote:And I will repeat what I said to Matt.

Your post about me appears like you have just ISOed me. If that is true, you ought to know that I've given reads on about half of the people in the game, which is significantly more than most other people here.

I'll add you to my scum read list, though. I don't like it when people push this agenda about me, that if I don't pick fights I'm not creating content. I've seen it take me down as a civilian too many times, both back in my RM days and since I've arrived at the Syndicate. People use an incorrect perception of my meta against me. It is something I find inherently suspicious, especially when the basic starting point is that I 'don't have content' when that is plainly untrue.
I did indeed, but I have also, as I just stated read the entire forum nearly twice now. I am not asking you to compile a list of reads if you have any specific concerns off the top of your head right now, that would be great.

By no means am I attempting to force anybody to do anything, people have very low content in general right now which is, from my experience normal for day 0/1 standards.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yeah, I'll invite anyone to look at that, and note the various points I made on Russti, MP, Mac, Zebra.... others too... and the things that weren't specific reads but contributing to solving game mechanics, before those 'last three posts' :rolleyes:

I do not believe anyone can possibly read my iso and genuinely call that a 'lack of content'. I guess you are in the zebra camp where if you don't care about the specific thing being talked about, it isn't in any way someone trying to contribute to solving the game. The fact you doubled down on it has you shooting to the top of my suspect list. The golden 'lack of content' case is always bullsuit, it gets rolled out far too often, and it frankly pisses me off. I'm not under any obligation to write 200 posts in the first day phase going at someone aggressively. There is no greater discouragement to trying to help the town than behaving like a good member of the town and being told you don't have content, when about 24/29 of the players have not even had 10% of the reads I have made in this game.

It's taking every ounce of my control not to just vote for you and be done with the vote for today.

I do not think your case on me is truthful. So, people want me to pick a fight? Bcornett has one coming. Read my iso people, go ahead. Look at what bullsuit it is that I have no content.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

The sock is here!

I'm going to try catching up now. Sadly, I still have a lot more I need to get done today PhD-wise, so I'll try to be here to discuss as much as I can until EoD; other than that, my focus should be elsewhere.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

First off, I want to say thanks to zebra for taking the time to ISO everyone! I'm not sure what kind of substantive conclusions can be made this early in the game, particularly since there is no flip yet, but I've been reading them right around the time I stopped posting last night and it's good to be able to get inside your head with regards to all of the players. I might try some ISOs myself, time permitting, but not until we have at least a flip to go by. I will see if I can rainbow everyone before Day 1's end though, probably after I finish catching up.

Secondly, regarding this:
MacDougall wrote:Tunneling indicates following something to the detriment of observing other things. What have I failed to observe? I've had interactions and heated ones with more players than anyone. To say I am tunneling sucks.
I agree with Mac here regarding the implication of tunneling and I don't feel he has been tunneling (though I still have more to read). I feel as though he has been willing to consider thread evidence when suspecting players (me and others) and I don't feel he has been particularly tunnely... and I'm the victim. I feel like I've been mislynched and tunneled many times throughout the years way worse than what Mac is throwing down; at least he's engaging me in a conversation and providing specific instances of why he thinks I'm bad. Although they're wrong, I don't feel like he isn't considering what I'm saying.

I realize you still GTH'd him town, zebra, but I wanted to provide my input on this nonetheless.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Let's talk about this post from Matt F:
Matt F wrote:Zebra, how is it concerning that I don't have any big thoughts on the game yet but I know I will soon enough? You are definitely reaching here. As I said, I will look over the game tonight and see if anything pops out. Up until now, I've just been having my regular Day 0/1 fun time, but apparently that is seen as suspicious, so that will stop now believe me. :meany:
Matt F here appears to be expressing that it should not be concerning that he doesn't have any big thoughts yet on the game because he knows he will soon.

This logic seems to fall apart quickly, unless I'm missing something here. By this logic, does this not mean we cannot suspect any of the low contributors because they may have thoughts soon?

I don't understand the townie mindset, or any mindset at all for that matter, behind this defense. Can someone help me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Bass_the_Clever

Finally one of the lower posters, I'm starting to feel like JJJ. I feel like I might get mafia fever. :P
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I think the death star would be bad news. High is cold so I don't want to go there. Tatooine is where Jana is from I think so it might be the best place to get info.
Jana? You mean Jabba? This comes off as a bit disingenuous for a Day 0 vote. Mainly gut, but I don't like how assured you seem that visiting Jabba will benefit the civs rather than Jabba himself. Other players at least considered the possibility that it might be a bad thing, even if they weighed the options likely to be in town's favor.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:You guys are posting so much lol. I'm reading now but am tried so I might take a nap before I post.
One nap later...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:MM is one of the hardest people to read it usually takes a few phase for me to even to form an opinion on him.
MP is really good at being bad but I don't think he is bad this game only because I don't think he would walk away from his computer when he is being talked about if he was bad.
That's it? Assuming you read everything, this isn't much to offer, and DAMN it comes off as hella fake. You have a neutral read on MM that doubles as an excuse for yourself for that read to not be swayed in either direction for some time (hmm...) and your civ read on MP is based on a reason that could easily be a byproduct of WIFOM, especially for a player with enough experience (not to mention hosting) as MP. And you know this! I believe your reasoning is an act. This is why it's important to take a close look at the lower posters; their scummy behavior goes by unnoticed much easier than the baddies who post often. Before going through his ISO, if you had asked me what my GTH of Bass was I would probably have said town, but at the moment he is my strongest read yet of the dark side:

SCUM
Some meta on Bass, when he calls me bad on Day 1, he's always been civ.

The one time he waffled on me on Day 1, he was mafia.
Metalmarsh89, what kind of conclusions do you further draw from your meta-based observation here?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:As far as day one policy lynches go, lynching lurkers would be fine with me.

I've now seen several games here where the entire scum team lurk and play the game of trying to get the higher poster players to take each other out.
Golden, how do you feel about your vote at this moment? Do you think you would like to lynch a lurker? Or do you have a suspect you'd rather pursue right now? If so, who is it?

I may find the answers to these questions in due time, but I wanted to throw this out there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry, what?

Does anyone here truly believe that Golden has no substantive content this game?

I'm going to ISO Golden right now, because off the top of my head I can recall him engaging me, Mac, and zebra in conversation on various matters (does not share my opinion of Russ, disagreed with Mac over interpretation of my actions, etc.).
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

Does anyone here truly believe that Golden has no substantive content this game?

I'm going to ISO Golden right now, because off the top of my head I can recall him engaging me, Mac, and zebra in conversation on various matters (does not share my opinion of Russ, disagreed with Mac over interpretation of my actions, etc.).
I do not think that his content has nearly as much content as it appears to. I'm working on showing it in detail right now.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Then I will be going back to ISO Matt F...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:As far as day one policy lynches go, lynching lurkers would be fine with me.

I've now seen several games here where the entire scum team lurk and play the game of trying to get the higher poster players to take each other out.
Golden, how do you feel about your vote at this moment? Do you think you would like to lynch a lurker? Or do you have a suspect you'd rather pursue right now? If so, who is it?

I may find the answers to these questions in due time, but I wanted to throw this out there.
I do feel like Bass and Wilgy would be good uses of a vote, mishimeals wouldn't be a terrible one (I've seen far too many non-existent players just hang around because you can't kill them later).

Right now, though, brian is my most likely vote because - as you have said - I don't think anyone can legitimately claim I have a lack of content. It is so contrived.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bcornett24 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'm sorry, what?

I do not think that his content has nearly as much content as it appears to. I'm working on showing it in detail right now.
Interesting. I'll actually finish catching up first, and then take a look as well.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I see that I'm going to have to fight this 'content' fight whether I want to or not (answer: I have no desire to. I was hoping for a slightly more laid back approach to this game), so...

bring it on brian. I'll rip it to shreds.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt F, here is my response to you.

Here is Matt F's post regarding my Day 0 vote.

You ask what logic I followed; it was largely Golden's post, and he indicated that it'd be best to visit Alderaan earlier than later. You'll note that I also voted it to "keep the poll interesting". At the time of my vote, the eventual winner had 8 votes, Alderaan had 4, and I can't remember the rest of the details of the tally... but I wanted to push another option ahead a bit.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And before brian points out my 'lack of content', I would like to REINFORCE these points:
Golden wrote:about 24/29 of the players have not even had 10% of the reads I have made in this game.
I want people to ask themselves, why is brian forcing the 'lack of content' angle when my response to this has consistently been "This is an incorrect scum tell" - It is blatantly not the truth, in any event, that the conduct I'm being accused of is a scum tell for me. I have it thrown at me regularly WHEN I'M CIVILIAN. As I keep saying. I can think of only one time when I've been accused of being bad because I've been quiet, and it has actually been the truth (and it wasn't the truth because I was bad... it was the truth because I was very busy at that time).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:Zebra what the hell are you doing? You gave Golden and I shit for interacting with one another because it was distracting or whatever and now you are filling the thread with black or white reads on every player sometimes based on nothing at all. It's incredibly hypocritical.
I disagree with zebra that your discussion with Golden was distracting, but I will admit that it surprised me how long the discussion lasted, and I can understand why someone might be frustrated reading it, since there was little to be taken out of your back-and-forth incrementally until I came back to weigh in on my actual train of thought.

You say you think it's incredibly hypocritical. How does it influence your evaluation of zebra's civilian or mafia status?

Although those players who have been posting more this Day phase inevitably have been receiving the bulk of the attention, and I want to discuss the lower contributors, I also think that, if zebra continues a contribution level anything like what she has done so far and lasts significantly into the game, she could be a read that heavily influences the game. Consequently, I want to get in your head and see if you still maintain your previous read of her.

This question goes for others as well. I've noticed that zebra has had more people GTHing her town than anyone else (I believe anyway). Can people substantiate that read, please, or provide one if they haven't yet?

So, the tl;dr version... everyone, what do you think? Zebra: Town or Mafia?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Town. If he is bad and did all those iso's thats a long way to go for cred. It also helps that I find myself very closely aligned to her gth reads.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Is it usual for Mac to be super intense?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, I can't even get zebra's gender consistent in a single post :keys:

Sorry zeebs :hug: I'm trying!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Matt F wrote:Golden - Don't take me so seriously, I wasn't trying to be "low". I just mean, as a civvie, you go after it early and often, and I haven't been seeing that so far from you. Who are your suspicions? Usually by Day 1, you're already all over it but I can't say that about you this game.
Really? Then what do you make of the post where I said this:
Golden wrote:I'm not exactly doing my own ISOs here zebra, but based on the things you've chosen to post about each person + my own impressions gained during the course of the game, bubbles is (surprisingly, to me) the first one where my gth read differs.
I don't have to be loud to generate reads or express my suspicions. I've expressed many in the game so far, when I've felt it's warranted.

GTH, my biggest scum read is you, Matt (if I did a rainbow, you would be at the bottom). I have found a lot of your posts read to me like you are disingenuous. On the other hand, you are at least putting in effort - I'd rather give some time to see where you are going, in case you are civ, and lynch someone I think could be bad but that is also not really contributing

My biggest town read is Canuck.

@zebra - dfaraday is he.
Hey Golden, can you elaborate on your Canuck town read for me?

Also, do you mind doing a rainbow with me later when I work on mine?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bcornett24 wrote:Is it usual for Mac to be super intense?
This is my first game I've ever played with Mac, but based on seeing him in Talking Heads and discussing his meta/reputation with others (JJJ and Sloonei, etc.), I would be inclined to say, yes.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Okay, this time I'm going to take each response one-by-one so that shit doesn't happen again.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

a2thezebra wrote:Bass_the_Clever

Finally one of the lower posters, I'm starting to feel like JJJ. I feel like I might get mafia fever. :P
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Well I think the death star would be bad news. High is cold so I don't want to go there. Tatooine is where Jana is from I think so it might be the best place to get info.
Jana? You mean Jabba? This comes off as a bit disingenuous for a Day 0 vote. Mainly gut, but I don't like how assured you seem that visiting Jabba will benefit the civs rather than Jabba himself. Other players at least considered the possibility that it might be a bad thing, even if they weighed the options likely to be in town's favor.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:You guys are posting so much lol. I'm reading now but am tried so I might take a nap before I post.
One nap later...
Bass_the_Clever wrote:MM is one of the hardest people to read it usually takes a few phase for me to even to form an opinion on him.
MP is really good at being bad but I don't think he is bad this game only because I don't think he would walk away from his computer when he is being talked about if he was bad.
That's it? Assuming you read everything, this isn't much to offer, and DAMN it comes off as hella fake. You have a neutral read on MM that doubles as an excuse for yourself for that read to not be swayed in either direction for some time (hmm...) and your civ read on MP is based on a reason that could easily be a byproduct of WIFOM, especially for a player with enough experience (not to mention hosting) as MP. And you know this! I believe your reasoning is an act. This is why it's important to take a close look at the lower posters; their scummy behavior goes by unnoticed much easier than the baddies who post often. Before going through his ISO, if you had asked me what my GTH of Bass was I would probably have said town, but at the moment he is my strongest read yet of the dark side:

SCUM
Haha this is a great post. :haha: I love when I get read as bad when I've been busy. And been barely able to keep up. The post about MM was made because someone said something about what is meta is or something like that. I said the stuff about MP because ita how I felt sorry it read "fake" to you.
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.

Return to “Previous Jobs”