Re: [DAY 2] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by The Truth »

Trocar will continue to post consomme. :D
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Post by insertnamehere »

The early votes from Axxon and Epignosis (Can I call you Epig?) are kind of weirding me out. Even if they were silenced/insanified, they would at least wait to see where things were going. Do any of the roles control votes?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

They are pretty odd. But from now on I'm gonna remember this is avant-garde mafia. So weird stuff could happen.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No, I am not talking about grudge play. I am talking about Faradays basic mildness and blendiness. But no, I am not aware of anyone who does that who is playing this game.

I don't ever remember him ever being NKed Night one. It seems an odd choice, especially in light of his posts, which were mild and blendy. I tried and tried to see who may have felt threatened by him, and I am at a loss. Seeing him NKed kinda shocked me, tbh.

Maybe you are right and it really was random~
Your thoughts on the NK ping me a bit tbh....it's almost as if you are offended that someone killed your partner or something? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen you make such a post after someone is NK'd.

I remember a game where DH made a post about the night kill choice being an odd one and he was totally bad in that game....so your post comes off to me as being familiar with DFs death....meaning he was either your partner or you were involved in killing him.

I dunno....it just seems off to me.
yeah, just like everything I do seems off to you lol.

You know that when i am bad, I am the coldest bus-chucking bitch on the block, lol. If Faraday was my bad teammate, I would not be crying over him in the thread.

If Spongebob did not educate you, DH and i could not be more different. I know Faraday very well, I admire his game immensely, we are like Mafia yin/yang. He almost NEVER gets NKed early, only later when the game is at the role deduction phase. He gets lynched a lot as a civ, but not NKed like this. So I don't think he was NKed by anyone from "our" sphere of influence. But he did not say anything that would lead me to believe the PA people got him either.

So I am trying to figure out what happened to him. A direct read of the roles does not tell me~ it likely is a secret. I was hoping to see if anyone mentioned my interest, but blew it off. Surprised you didn't see that. One of those people could be the killer, IMO.

And i see a few did , on a quick skim, I have to reread, I have been crazy busy at work, and haven't had much time to read threads during the day.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Mr. Droopy Cash »

LoRab wrote:Do I even know Axxon? I'll assume s/he was silenced and can't explain, but I look forward to hearing reasons for suspicion of me. If only so I can twirl.

For those not familiar with the insanifier, and I assume Truth was insanified, it takes words and mixes them up. Old players from LP and TP and RM often show up, as the original program included people who were playing the games it was first created for. Cabin Fevah is one of those players. One can often get the gist of what's being said, if the person insanified posts enough. So, Truth, I'd encourage you to post more. Even if we can't uderstand, we can be amused, lol.
Insanifier!? That is epic! I'm loving this more and more! :yay:
You can just call me...."The Best"
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

TIMMER GOLDEN JULIETS COFFEE
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

From what I can gather, Troofy doesn't understand why he got a vote from Epig/Robert, but I don't quite get the last part of it. A little help someone?

Robert, I'm not even going to bother with that last one. It just addles my brain every time I see it. :disappoint:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

;o
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 61

Post by rabbit8 »

reywaS wrote:
S~V~S wrote:No, I am not talking about grudge play. I am talking about Faradays basic mildness and blendiness. But no, I am not aware of anyone who does that who is playing this game.

I don't ever remember him ever being NKed Night one. It seems an odd choice, especially in light of his posts, which were mild and blendy. I tried and tried to see who may have felt threatened by him, and I am at a loss. Seeing him NKed kinda shocked me, tbh.

Your thoughts on the NK ping me a bit tbh....it's almost as if you are offended that someone killed your partner or something? I could be totally wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen you make such a post after someone is NK'd.

I remember a game where DH made a post about the night kill choice being an odd one and he was totally bad in that game....so your post comes off to me as being familiar with DFs death....meaning he was either your partner or you were involved in killing him.

I was getting the same feeling from her post. :srsnod:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:

You know that when i am bad, I am the coldest bus-chucking bitch on the block, lol. If Faraday was my bad teammate, I would not be crying over him in the thread.

If Spongebob did not educate you, DH and i could not be more different. I know Faraday very well, I admire his game immensely, we are like Mafia yin/yang. He almost NEVER gets NKed early, only later when the game is at the role deduction phase. He gets lynched a lot as a civ, but not NKed like this. So I don't think he was NKed by anyone from "our" sphere of influence. But he did not say anything that would lead me to believe the PA people got him either.

So I am trying to figure out what happened to him. A direct read of the roles does not tell me~ it likely is a secret. I was hoping to see if anyone mentioned my interest, but blew it off. Surprised you didn't see that. One of those people could be the killer, IMO.

And i see a few did , on a quick skim, I have to reread, I have been crazy busy at work, and haven't had much time to read threads during the day.
Or, and I'm just spittballing here, you are laying the groundwork to lynch someone becasue you think (but don't really think) they killed DF, who you actually killed.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

LoRab wrote:Do I even know Axxon? I'll assume s/he was silenced and can't explain, but I look forward to hearing reasons for suspicion of me. If only so I can twirl.

For those not familiar with the insanifier, and I assume Truth was insanified, it takes words and mixes them up. Old players from LP and TP and RM often show up, as the original program included people who were playing the games it was first created for. Cabin Fevah is one of those players. One can often get the gist of what's being said, if the person insanified posts enough. So, Truth, I'd encourage you to post more. Even if we can't uderstand, we can be amused, lol.
Lots of this! Also - you guys - the longer posts tend to read better than the posts that are just a few words. Like really - how is it that epi's posts are mostly just player's names? a few sentences at a time gives us enough usually to be able to try to hash out what you are trying to say.

speaking of ssmsilent - you are right. I've not seen him in AAAAGES. I hope he is well. Also- how did he make the insanity generator but I didn't? :( LC HATES ME! :cries: :pout:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

rabbit8 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:

Or, and I'm just spittballing here, you are laying the groundwork to lynch someone becasue you think (but don't really think) they killed DF, who you actually killed.
Nah, I didn't kill him, you big spitballer you~ Faraday generally thinks I'm good, just like I tend to think he is, lol.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 124

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:From what I can gather, Troofy doesn't understand why he got a vote from Epig/Robert, but I don't quite get the last part of it. A little help someone?
I think it's something about the fact that he's unable to defend himself. If somebody insane tries to make a case on somebody else insane, do they cancel out and make it ok, or is it still considered bad form? Even if I know somebody is bad (not yet this game, but it happens eventually), I like to hear their piddly attempts at self-defense, sometimes you get bonus teammates out of that or whatever.

linki - you're always indi Damo Suzuki to me
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Illyria »

chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath is openly weeping over the lost people on this ship. May those who died live on forever in our hearts.
Ohhkay. Can someone who knows this person please tell me if this is normal behavior? The fact that no one has mentioned your posts as odd makes me think I just dont get your "style" but I have to say.... Chaindeath you are openly weeping for people that we have no idea if they are good or not?? :eye:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
The Truth wrote:I don't understand the vote on me, I can't even Ela myself.
Do you have cabin fever?? Maybe they're trying to keep it from spreading! Lol
I miss Cabin. :( :why:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:From what I can gather, Troofy doesn't understand why he got a vote from Epig/Robert, but I don't quite get the last part of it. A little help someone?
I think it's something about the fact that he's unable to defend himself. If somebody insane tries to make a case on somebody else insane, do they cancel out and make it ok, or is it still considered bad form? Even if I know somebody is bad (not yet this game, but it happens eventually), I like to hear their piddly attempts at self-defense, sometimes you get bonus teammates out of that or whatever.

I, personally, believe it is Very Bad Form to go after someone who can't defend themselves. Which is why I freaking hate the insanifier, this is one of the few places where LoRab and I differ. :bounce: The insanifier that is, I feel pretty good saying LoRab doesn't like going after someone who can't defend themselves.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Illyria wrote:
chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath is openly weeping over the lost people on this ship. May those who died live on forever in our hearts.
Ohhkay. Can someone who knows this person please tell me if this is normal behavior? The fact that no one has mentioned your posts as odd makes me think I just dont get your "style" but I have to say.... Chaindeath you are openly weeping for people that we have no idea if they are good or not?? :eye:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
The Truth wrote:I don't understand the vote on me, I can't even Ela myself.
Do you have cabin fever?? Maybe they're trying to keep it from spreading! Lol
I miss Cabin. :( :why:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:

I, personally, believe it is Very Bad Form to go after someone who can't defend themselves. Which is why I freaking hate the insanifier, this is one of the few places where LoRab and I differ. :bounce: The insanifier that is, I feel pretty good saying LoRab doesn't like going after someone who can't defend themselves.

a) I think chaindeath is doing some weird third person thing. IDK what he/she normally does. I just assume everyone on this forum I've not met prevously are crazy PA recruits...

b) I so understand what you mean illy. :)
The Truth
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Truth »

Roarer glad people jennibean sliky to see it from my perspective.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

I'm not going to be home from work in time for the lynch tomorrow, so I have to vote now. Going to vote SVS because of the weird post about Faraday, and because I don't have much else. I was looking at Dharma but he hasn't posted anything since so I don't have additional material to go off. Sorry if you're good SVS, bih otherwise <3
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

I reprint you understand what I'm submergence to unexaggerated. Bill the Lizard vote goes agnosticism SVS as well because she's toga faldstool strange machinal Dormouse insanity.
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

The Truth wrote:I reprint you understand what I'm submergence to unexaggerated. Bill the Lizard vote goes agnosticism SVS as well because she's toga faldstool strange machinal Dormouse insanity.
This may be the funniest post I've ever read...on purpose or not!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
The Truth wrote:I reprint you understand what I'm submergence to unexaggerated. Bill the Lizard vote goes agnosticism SVS as well because she's toga faldstool strange machinal Dormouse insanity.
Yeah, I don't so much think so as it put a second vote on me for making an observation and trying to get talk going on what may have happened the other night.

Yay for trying to squash discussion :(
Mr. Droopy Cash
Stool Pigeon

S~V~S wrote:
Mr. Droopy Cash wrote:
Yeah, I don't so much think so as it put a second vote on me for making an observation and trying to get talk going on what may have happened the other night.

Yay for trying to squash discussion :(
I'm not trying to squash discussion....I felt the need to express how funny it was. I'm not voting for you though...if it helps!
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

You Swallowed Cork TokyoRose know my reasons and Gryphon you're still incriminating ingrafted.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm not going to be home from work in time for the lynch tomorrow, so I have to vote now. Going to vote SVS because of the weird post about Faraday, and because I don't have much else. I was looking at Dharma but he hasn't posted anything since so I don't have additional material to go off. Sorry if you're good SVS, bih otherwise <3
What was odd about SVS's post about DF? I must have missed that discussion. I agree with her that he was an odd target.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I'm not going to be home from work in time for the lynch tomorrow, so I have to vote now. Going to vote SVS because of the weird post about Faraday, and because I don't have much else. I was looking at Dharma but he hasn't posted anything since so I don't have additional material to go off. Sorry if you're good SVS, bih otherwise <3

wait? wot? I find this odd - there is so much time to discuss things. And also - no one is looking into my theories. :(
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

It's more or anagoge SVS' osteopathist towards everything that is making her suspicious.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Red Queen can't say Devious Goodie. :'(
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

There are a whole bunch of reasons, I assume, with roles as varied & secretive as the ones this game, that an NK could have ended up on DFaraday, whether he was their target or not. If we assume he was the intended kill target, then you'd think SVS would be glad they - frankly - wasted their kill on somebody who has barely participated so far, instead of killing somebody who is actually here and posting. Therefore, the assumption is that she has some other reason to not want DFaraday dead, otherwise why write 3 paragraphs about it? Only a baddie would be upset by the baddies playing poorly.

Linki - Bea, I'm literally going to bed right now & like I said I'm not home in time for the poll's end. Look at what time it ends at today.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I read her post more as let's use the information to figure out who might have targeted him...and to spur discussion about the kill targets. Your suspicion of her doesn't make sense to me, tbh.
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

Gynocracy saved mumps being suspicious of Colin, his points are obvious. Does killing reinvestment Unsatisfactory Sandwich macaronic have a baddie personality? Maybe that's what spurred me.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

As somebody whose only real contributions to lynch discussion so far this game have been to defend SVS, I'm certainly going to take your word for that...

and yes, my macaronic sandwich was unsatisfactory
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:As somebody whose only real contributions to lynch discussion so far this game have been to defend SVS, I'm certainly going to take your word for that...

Just trying to understand your suspicion. no need to be rude. So sorry I've been busy.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

LoRab wrote:I read her post more as let's use the information to figure out who might have targeted him...and to spur discussion about the kill targets. Your suspicion of her doesn't make sense to me, tbh.

This. SVS always tends to get discussion going, it is one of the reasons I love to play with her. Geez we have a lot of early votes, and while I am sure some of them are mechanics of the game, it is starting to wig me out a little. :huh:
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

LoRab wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:As somebody whose only real contributions to lynch discussion so far this game have been to defend SVS, I'm certainly going to take your word for that...

Just trying to understand your suspicion. no need to be rude. So sorry I've been busy.
I didn't mean to come off as rude, just as I'm sure you didn't
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
LoRab wrote:

I didn't mean to come off as rude, just as I'm sure you didn't
I apologize if I came of as rude. Certainly not my intention!!!!!!!!!!!
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor." I should have gone to bed half and hour ago
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Okay.. Trice I get you are running behind but why are there quote marks around that? It looks like you copied and pasted it from somewhere.. like a chat room. :eye:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

tricey - it ends tues at 6pm est. which is like 4pm my time. I get having to vote early because you might not be around later, but wow. Really? there's no time between your vote and when the poll closes you can catch up? Or give svs a chance to defend? And if I think I'm understanding this post:

[QUOTE]here are a whole bunch of reasons, I assume, with roles as varied & secretive as the ones this game, that an NK could have ended up on DFaraday, whether he was their target or not. If we assume he was the intended kill target, then you'd think SVS would be glad they - frankly - wasted their kill on somebody who has barely participated so far, instead of killing somebody who is actually here and posting. Therefore, the assumption is that she has some other reason to not want DFaraday dead, otherwise why write 3 paragraphs about it? Only a baddie would be upset by the baddies playing poorly.[/QUOTE}

I think the very fact of svs pointing it out was that he was such an unlikely target - and that - he was not "not particpating" but that he was working his subtle the way he does is something that's worth notice. I think it's unwise to assume that only a baddie has baddie reasons for pointing out things or that any answers can be found as quickly as you are trying to find them.

linkie - I can't even keep up right now! and I'm supposed to be making dinner!
The Truth

Post by The Truth »

You aren't reading it with the mafioso connotation. Or Kadaj I'm reading mafioso with Freckles wrong one.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting for rabbit8 for personal reasons.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:There are a whole bunch of reasons, I assume, with roles as varied & secretive as the ones this game, that an NK could have ended up on DFaraday, whether he was their target or not. If we assume he was the intended kill target, then you'd think SVS would be glad they - frankly - wasted their kill on somebody who has barely participated so far, instead of killing somebody who is actually here and posting. Therefore, the assumption is that she has some other reason to not want DFaraday dead, otherwise why write 3 paragraphs about it? Only a baddie would be upset by the baddies playing poorly.

Linki - Bea, I'm literally going to bed right now & like I said I'm not home in time for the poll's end. Look at what time it ends at today.
Faraday had more posts than many, he was not "barely participating". I am not upset by "baddies playing poorly", a death that surprises me instead of making me roll my eyes is baddies playing well, IMO. Another thing i was trying to do is to get the people who knew him to get talking about why someone would kill Devin as well. This is what civvies do, try to figure out WHY someone was killed cause it makes it easier to figure out WHO killed them.

I am not upset at all, I am confused by what happened and trying to make sense out of it, or at least, what sense can be made in this context. Also shaking the tree a bit. This involves saying something very overt, and seeing who is upset by it, lol.

So not sure what to think of these votes.

And I make three paragraph posts about the weather, I'm chatty :srsnod:
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

When players start to tell other players what civvies do, they're usually bad. :eye:
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

S~V~S wrote:
reywaS wrote:

You always say that...and you do a cold chucking routine, I admit....but one of these days you are going to pull the wool over all of us and do the opposite. :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 132

Post by reywaS »

Lots of early votes.... :o
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

rabbit8 wrote:When players start to tell other players what civvies do, they're usually bad. :eye:
You think that is what SVS is doing?

To me, THIS, is vintage civvie SVS. I'd be really surprised if she is bad here.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

reywaS wrote:Lots of early votes.... :o
I'm starting to think that the other faction of players (from where, PA?) don't hold early voting to such a low standard as we RM folk do...? Can anyone confirm or deny?

I just think early voting is silly. When you can be around, there are people talking, why not wait and see what develops? You can't take your vote back, ya know?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
rabbit8

Post by rabbit8 »

Kate wrote:
rabbit8 wrote:When players start to tell other players what civvies do, they're usually bad. :eye:
You think that is what SVS is doing?

To me, THIS, is vintage civvie SVS. I'd be really surprised if she is bad here.

Could be, I'm trying to guage her responses. I'm on the fence with her.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 265

Post by DharmaHelper »

Brb, Gonna catch up.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Caught up, going to offer my thoughts RE: SVS now

SVS Made a comment that I will not repeat, but that pinged me ever so slightly, If I go back and find something I think I saw, I will probably be voting SVS. If I don't see what I thought I saw I will drop it for now because it's not the slip I thought it was.

Other than that, Rey is right, I did do a "oh odd NK choice" post when I was bad, but that doesn't mean SVS did one. And the fact that Rey is adamant about that pings me.

Also twisty McRabbit over there twisting words and whatnot, naughty Rabbit.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

OK So the bad news is that it's not 100% the slip I thought it was... but it might be something? I dunno.

SVS said she was confused about what happened and wanted to make sense of it. I am not sure what could be confusing about Faraday being NK'd by the planet smasher, when it says that's what happened in the post.

SVS seems to be making an awful big deal of turning Faraday's NK into the next big Detective Novel.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: [DAY 1] Avant-Garde Mafia 2: The Ultimate Dimensional Ba

Post by DharmaHelper »

rabbit8 wrote:lol, OK.

Yeah, thats what I always do. You got me.
Or...................

I have not played with him very much if at all and don't really remember him. But I've known a few players who vote for themselves every day 1. He could be one. I don't know at this point he has posted very little to go on. A player voting forthemselves day 1 means nothing to me.

Day 2 he does it again, then we have a problem. :ohyeah:
rabbit8 wrote:leech

rabbit

Civvie rabbit would definitely not have jumped on the Leechwagon. Also, Civvie rabbit would have some sort of snarky remark for the buttheads that voted Leech.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”