Total votes: 14
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Not-canon!

I decided to buy the new 'canon' Star Wars book set after the Return of the Jedi.

I'm 100 pages in and I already can barely cope with any more of it. I'm not sure why I did it.
Don't worry Golden. With at least one new Star Wars movie planned every year from now until forever, you won't have time to read the crappy novels!
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Nice to lynch a killer. From the hosts perspective I bet they're sad to lose such a fun role day 1.
:suspish:
I know. I've been there.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I decided to buy the new 'canon' Star Wars book set after the Return of the Jedi.

I'm 100 pages in and I already can barely cope with any more of it. I'm not sure why I did it.
I had such high hopes after they didn't butcher Marvel, but I'm not impressed with this new Star Wars stuff.

and it will always be my canon :noble:
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Night will end roughly 24 hours from the Lynch Post, FYI.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

Black Rock wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Nice to lynch a killer. From the hosts perspective I bet they're sad to lose such a fun role day 1.
:suspish:
I know. I've been there.
I'm primarily handling credits and Night actions, so oh well. :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Jawas are selling an item:

Polydroid:

Use this droid to test the speech pattern of those you don't trust, and find out if they are telling the truth. Very unstable, will fall apart after one use. Jawas statements will appear as though they are civilian.

PM the hosts with your bids during Night 1. Highest bidder wins the item and may use it any time.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, sick! Good job everybody. Toward the end there I was actually convinced he was good. Pretty appropriate he died on Tatooine, too, with sarlaacs being native to there and all.

In theory he's still alive, though, because sarlaacs digest their prey in an agonizing process over 1,000 or 10,000 years (I forget which). The scuttlebutt at the cantina is that if you listen closely when the wind blows from the east, you can still hear his screams....
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

I'm catching up. This is where I've read up to... you all are talking way too much-- and that means a lot coming from me.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
So, the tl;dr version... everyone, what do you think? Zebra: Town or Mafia?
Really early to say... and I'm not sure I see the point in a lot of GTH reads and endless ISOs that, in my opinion, are quite superfluous on Day 1, but I guess I'd say town... for now?

Bass_the_Clever wrote: Haha this is a great post. :haha: I love when I get read as bad when I've been busy. And been barely able to keep up. The post about MM was made because someone said something about what is meta is or something like that. I said the stuff about MP because ita how I felt sorry it read "fake" to you.
Haha

:eye:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Matt F wrote:I'm at the top of page 16 right now, catching up. Looks like I already have 5 votes. Swell.

MP - I think Dom is bad for throwing his vote on me the way he did without even conversing (at least Zebra and Golden have actually spoken with me), but right now I'm throwing a vote on Enrique to save myself. Please peeps, I implore you to vote Enrique with me because I am civvie and I don't even know wtf happened here today.
I am pressed for time... tbqh. I made a rushed vote because I was rushed.

a2thezebra wrote:
Roxy wrote:I hate doing this but I randomed my vote from people I mentioned in my previous post and got Matt.
Sorry nothing personal but rl has its demands atm.
That's...convenient. And Dom's vote was lazy. If anything's going to persuade me to vote for someone besides Matt it's these strange Matt votes. :ponder:
Or I'm busy. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Catch up was easier than anticipated!

Very nice lynch result. :D
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Wow...awesome result. Now I know what to do with a quiet Matt.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

That was quiet Matt?

:faint:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Actually, I take your point Eloh - in terms of the fact he focussed on very specific things and didn't talk about much else. I think you are right, that was quite quiet for Matt.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Wow not bad team. Not bad at all.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nicely done all you Matt voters. :clap:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Bubbles »

/slips in through the back door :P

SO glad Matt turned out to be a baddie, I was still reading through the thread when the poll closed which is why I didn't vote, for what's worth i probably would've voted Matt too, not for the death star vote which seemed innocent enough (it DID sound like a cool option), but for his saying golden wasn't arguing with people yet and also because he looked like he was trying to move the conservation towards specific people eg. the people who voted Alderaan (yes including me)
and Enrico sounds sincere to me so I don't really agree with the suspicion on him. his comment about sig being two faced triggered some alarm bells though
anyway hope to see you next game Matt :beer:
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 155

Post by DrWilgy »

I missed it D: Forgive me everyone... What happened?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bubbles wrote:/slips in through the back door :P
This is how the rebels beat death star 2. :noble:
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Glorfindel »

Forgive me Guys but am I to understand there is some criticism of me voting down MattF (a bad guy) without having made a whole bunch of wild accusations for the entire first day phase when there are some players that didn't even vote at all? For what it's worth, I only realised when I came on this morning how close the deadline was and decided to go on instinct (something which has in the past stood me in good stead - I'm sure Sig will vouch for that...).
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Luke11646 »

DrWilgy wrote:I missed it D: Forgive me everyone... What happened?
Me too. Sorry I missed everything. :faint:
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Hi. Can you change the title of the thread or your individual posts to [Night 1]? Misa m confused by it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Warning: Monday is a huge deadline for me and this week hasn't been as productive as I wanted (being sick and all), so my Day 2 activity is likely to be spotty at best, despite my obsession. I'll try my best to weigh in and facilitate discussion when I can though.

I have a few more posts I wanted to respond to over the next half hour or so though, so I'm going to do that. instead of making a giant post out of them, I'll just take them a post at a time, since Enrique indicated my long spoilered posts are rough on the eyes. I want my content being read at a 30% rate instead of a 10% rate, so I want to make it easily readable. :P If you have an opinion on many MP posts v. one giant MP post, feel free to weigh in at any time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
1) campaigning to lynch someone who currently has zero votes with twenty minutes to go is rarely successful. I can't remember when it has been.
Snow Dog. neva 4get.

(I think it turned out to be led by civvies, but even then it was hella convenient and looked awfully coordinated. I'd be worried if I saw something like that happen again.)
Lol, Snow Dog! That was totally my fault. :haha:

I still feel terrible about that one.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Zebra I feel like you having scum reads on all the low posters is odd. There is so much stuff with people who post a lot and you don't get any kind of scum read from any of them?
This could be a scum tactic to look like he or she is trying to catch scum when really all he or she is doing is throwing shit at low posters who probably aren't around and won't say anything. While she stays in good graces of the high posters.
Bass, let's talk about this.

You do note this could be a mafia tactic. Do you think that is what zebra is doing? If so, would you consider voting for her today?

What are your other thoughts at the moment?
Yes I will be voting zebra I think it is a bad tactic. I think her or hus rainbow list just seems so forced out of nothing.
Let's talk about this post.

Note that I asked Bass for other thoughts and he didn't provide them, something I didn't press him for at the time. Someone should do that. And, for that matter, please start pressing players who missed the vote and who haven't posted any substantive opinions. I'll do that to whatever degree I can.

Do you all think this is a GTH town or mafia accusation/post? Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Late night at work and I have to Skype the fiancee about our Seattle trip that starts tomorrow. Sorry for the flyby vote.

Going with MP, because he's bad to the bone. :srsnod:

How's that for baddie distancing, Mac?
An elaboration when you have the opportunity would be nice, Russ.
Not much to it, really. You're a troublesome sort, and it's a Day 1 vote. I had like 3 minutes and didn't know if I'd be back before the deadline.

For what it's worth, Enrique looks worse than Matt to me. But if I'm being honest, that's probably almost entirely because he voted me and Matt didn't, so my thoughts there might not be worth much.

Linki: Sorry Matt!
Oh, okay, fair enough I suppose. Let me know if you have any concerns that I can address.

If you have an opinion on Enrique looking worse than Matt, then where do I fit in the equation if your logic behind your vote was the underlined?

When you get the chance, elaborate on your thoughts re: Enrique. He's bound to be discussed and heavily in the hotseat tomorrow, so let's be sure we talk about him extensively before we just lynch him (or Bass, who may be in the hotseat as well) outright, and more importantly, other candidates as well.

Do you have any other suspects?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:I get good vibes from Zebra, despite the aggressive playstyle (which is normal for her :P ) MP, you have asked on at least two occasions about people's opinion of Zebra, and because of that, it appears as though you're pushing for something without jumping into it. Care to elaborate on your own feelings about her? (and apologies if I've missed your opinion if you've stated it)
nijuukyugou, I snipped most of your post just to refer to what is addressed to me.

This post is in regards to zebra and is suggested to be read by everyone re: their reads of zebra and game-breaking players in general.

The reasons I've asked on at least two occasions what people think of zebra all stem from the fact that zebra is the most commonly read town player in the thread at the moment. She also is the most commonly read town player with regards to players voluntarily giving an opinion of her, and that's something to be noted because she's producing content at near-JJJ like levels so far. Why? I have a few specific elaborations.

1) Beware placing too much on "Effort" = Town. Although it typically can be a huge indicator and should be considered, it isn't always a sure thing, and assuming it while dropping healthy skepticism can potentially break the game for the civilians.

If zebra lasts a significant portion of the game and continues producing content at this rate, that's amazingly awesome if she's town and I couldn't appreciate it more, but it can be game-breakingly dangerous if zebra is pulling the supatown long haul as mafia. I realize Golden, myself, Mac, and possibly others (such as Metalmarsh) can produce a similar conundrum, but zebra is unarguably out-contenting everyone so far.

I played and witnessed some games in the last block of 10 games on RYM, and with Maffies (RYM Mafia Awards) happening now, I've been informed of the games I missed. This has relevance because there are three occasions that immediately come to mind where mafia players ended winning in LYLO because they had supatowned and players stopped fully investigating and questioning their behavior: Strawhenge in RYM #81, rundontwalk in RYM #86, and Diiny in RYM #89.

Want another key example that happened in recent memory, except from The Syndicate? Golden in Economics. This will be remembered for many good reasons. By all means the civilians should have won that game due to sheer effort expended and success in lynching every mafia except one, but they didn't. G-Man got lynched in LYLO and Golden successfully ran away with the game. While JJJ and others put up a fight in terms of analyzing and interrogating behavior, Golden got away with it precisely because he played a brilliant game. The clincher is that if players, myself definitely included (I tunneled way too hard on G-Man before my death, distracting from Golden and other potential suspects), had pushed Golden more and put his behavior under the microscope, he could have been uncovered. Instead, G-Man's obvious "mafia" behavior was really a wacky civilian.

So while it's great that people are town reading her for effort, let's be a bit wary about automatically assuming she is town purely because of effort, and continue to push her to fully explain her thoughts so that we can determine whether this content is genuine. That should be the driving force behind these town reads -- genuine town effort in quality and quantity, not just quantity. So I'm trying to discern what is driving these reads.

Nonetheless, on the flipside, I cannot emphasize enough that I do not suggest scrutinizing her unfairly or by default because she is producing so much content. As we've seen in many games, players who produce more content, particularly in the first few stages of the game, can be much easier to be "pinged" by and suspected because with each bit of incremental content there is a bit more that someone can scrutinize, either consciously or subconsciously (be bothered by). Every time someone makes public an opinion, it can be potentially misinterpreted by a civilian or manipulated by the mafia, so producing opinionated content is a risky endeavor. That on its own can indicate a civilian mindset, especially since mafia have to fabricate all of the content, but it's precisely why players need to speak up when they think there is fabrication and explain why they think there is.

2) Pressing players to express opinions on one player who is producing so much content that almost automatically warrants a GTH opinion, particularly this early in the game, forces players into a situation where they have to throw out an opinion, which then serves as evidence later in the game.

Regardless of zebra's alignment, her sheer amount of effort thus far has forced players to either voluntarily or by request (typically mine so far) give an opinion on her. This is a good way to get even players who are either (1) civilians legitimately having a difficult time digesting and analyzing all of the content this early or (2) mafia cautiously attempting to withhold opinions in the first couple of game phases to express an opinion, something that can be analyzed for connections to zebra (if she is mafia), unwarranted changes in opinion, and any other matter of sincerity later in the game.

The more that player X posts (in this case, zebra), particularly if that player has produced a ridiculously high amount of content, the harder it gets for either civilian or mafia to not form an opinion on player X, whether it is sincere (the former) or nefarious (the latter).

Dom was wondering what the point of making so many GTH and endless ISOs at this early stage in the game is, with regards to zebra. If she is civilian, I'd imagine she is trying to force herself to analyze and form opinions on as much content as possible, so that she can attempt to solve the game as quickly as possible. Not only that, but producing so much content then allows her to engage others in the thread actively about all of that content. If she is mafia, then it's all about flooding the thread with misdirection and playing the supatown long haul, which is a risky game, but can be rewarding if performed incredibly well and town stops questioning (see examples above).

3) I am personally having trouble discerning zebra's true intentions, and I want the feedback from others to help me.

By asking people what their GTH is of a certain post or player, I'm trying to get people to actively think about what's going on in the thread as much as possible (refer to 2), but it is as much that as I am trying to get feedback. If there's something I've noticed over the years, it's that I perform much better by feeding off of others. Unfortunately, that means I've had many terrible civilian games. This past year, I've consistently noticed that I performed better as a civilian when engaged in the thread by players who employ these kinds of methods (JaggedJimmyJay, Sloonei, and from our own camp, FZ., Golden, etc.), and in witnessing those players I've also realized that they employ a style I've always tried to attain as a civilian but never could quite hold on to (usually I end up tunneling or I get lynched or for whatever reason I go off the deep end). Consequently, I'm trying to revamp my approach this game employing those methods to see how I fair with it.

4) Civilians need to work together as much as they can, nonetheless with the understanding that this game is all about deception.

Lastly, (and I'll keep this one brief) I've noticed that civilians lose too many games here because they fail to attempt to engage each other in the thread, instead defaulting to the "I'm all alone, trust no one, hold onto my thoughts and content because no one else deserves to see them". I don't want that to happen here, so I'm actively trying to prevent it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yikes, I had no intention of making a post that long, but it is what it is. I would say "I hope that answers your question", but I'm certain it did. :P If somehow it didn't, let me know, and I can clarify on any of these points (or anything missing).

You can find my GTH read on zebra here on my revised Day 1 rainbow list. I have her as a slight town read.

You mentioned I could be perceived as pushing something. However, that would be in direct conflict with the slight town read I have for zebra on my rainbow list (as well as other mentions I've had of her), so not only would it be a terrible mafia strategy but it's a very manipulative one that could be uncovered very quickly (since you made the suggestion yourself already).

I don't feel I have the time or the need to update my rainbow list, so consider my opinion of zebra unchanged. Matt F's SK flip doesn't affect my reads of players substantively since he was on his own, and for analyzing voting records his flip can be assumed to be civilian-like (mafia from both times still could have bandwagoned onto him or attempted to save a teammate, not knowing he would flip SK).

Alright, well, see you folks at some point in Day 2. I've burned way too much time! :mp:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Warning: Monday is a huge deadline for me and this week hasn't been as productive as I wanted (being sick and all), so my Day 2 activity is likely to be spotty at best, despite my obsession. I'll try my best to weigh in and facilitate discussion when I can though.

I have a few more posts I wanted to respond to over the next half hour or so though, so I'm going to do that. instead of making a giant post out of them, I'll just take them a post at a time, since Enrique indicated my long spoilered posts are rough on the eyes. I want my content being read at a 30% rate instead of a 10% rate, so I want to make it easily readable. :P If you have an opinion on many MP posts v. one giant MP post, feel free to weigh in at any time.
Same here. Don't expect Death and Taxes levels of activity from me because that simply ain't happening. At least till day 5 or so.

ANyway, catching up.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

There is a comic book series of this new canon that's decent, it's called "shattered empire". And it's only 4 issues long, which is short for a comic book.

I mean, it feels like filler and it's littered with mindless fanservice, but at least it's cool fanservice.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MovingPictures07 wrote:On that note, DDL, what is your gut evaluation of Savage?
Well, I'm kind of torn on him. His activity has been low, but he said he wouldn't post much in the first two days. I mean, he posted little and most of his posts were about forum mechanics. But the last 2 posts were useful ones, and felt like he was trying to contribute. He comes from a forum where voting is usually not mandatory (we don't have participation scores), so chances are he didn't even bother to vote in the poll because he's still getting used to the game.

If this was NF I'd be attacking him for low activity and lurking, but the context here is completely different so I'm giving him a pass.

He has a talent for lurking when he wants to. If you asked me about him in June, I'd have told you he is the biggest lurker to ever join the mafia multiverse. But in the past few months he kind of came back from retirement, and has been playing most games seriously.

I've read him successfully in the past, and also have completely failed to do so in other times. He doesn't have a very distinct meta. He isn't the best of players, but every now and then he pulls out a great game, such as in the Shingeki no Kyojin game where he got a town killer role and he solo'd half of the baddies by himself. He seems to have a good hang of how to read my meta.

I guess my read here is slightly civ, but not much.
bcornett24 wrote:Talk about a hit and run...
Sorry dude, but real life happened. So I tried to optimize my time and focus on looking at Matt's posts and rationalizing the vote (since I had already been wanting to lynch him since the morning), which other discussions being postponed for later on.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

Black Rock wrote: I was just going to look for his vote post because I noticed he voted my way. Rude! I am barely hosting. I'm more of the fill in when LC is busy.

Gun to head, this post is a cop out. Not very town-like.

Sorry BR! I just needed to vote somewhere, and I know self-voting is looked down on a lot more than it used to be.

I've pretty much caught up (but with a ton of skimming because y'all are insanely verbose), and Bcornett caught my eye for his suspicion of Golden, which didn't make sense to me. He did come around, but it still felt a bit weird to me to single out Golden that way. Golden, Zebra, and MP are reading as town to me, but I ten to see high posters as civvie in general.

Enrique could be indy, given his early comments, but his defense feels sincere to me.

Oh, and Savage questioning Simon about Boba Fett caught my attention too. Why wouldn't we want to find an SK?

Bubbles saying she would have voted Matt after the fact pings me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

bcornett24 wrote:You have votes from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), Dragon D. Luffy (14), nijuukyugou (15), Golden (18), Sorsha (22) as of right now.

Of those only 2 have actually read the thread. There has been little to no activity from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), nijuukyugou (15), or Sorsha (22).
Well, I think this is what pinged me the most at the end of Day 1. Let's put something in perspective: we did not lynch mafia last day. We lynched someone who didn't belong to either scum team, and from their perspective, Matt could have easily been civ.

So good work town, but also good work mafia. There might be a mafioso among one of the players who attracted the most heat (Enrique, Russ, Bass), but otherwise, most mafiosos have successfully blended in.

So that brings me to my next point. Elo said yesterday she believed most mafiosos were among lurkers. I didn't think much about that idea, but after this lynch I think it's the most likely. While the majority of the most active posters are civ, since I'm having trouble reading them as scum, and most people seem to be having the same trouble. Heck, looking at MP's lastest rainbow list, you'll notice all the people at the bottom are low post ones, which reflects that. Of course, we could have some Master Blenders among the high posters, but those should be the exception.

Anyway, looking at the Matt voters, there are indeed 5/7 players with low activity here. At the risk of sounding like an hypocrite since I also voted for him, I think chances are there are mafia among those, maybe multiple of those. It's an easy vote, the guy was being suspected by about everyone, the bandwagon was forming, and a mafioso could think he belonged to the opposing team, since he was so obviously suspicious.

I haven't done an ISO on them, but Glorfindel's vote catches my attention because of his complete lack of explanation of it at the time. He just came in, dropped a vote in the highest voted person at the time and left without saying a thing. Not sure about the others. Ninjuu made one big post which seemed pretty civ-ish to me. Dom, Sorsha and Roxy are people I barely remember posting, with Dom being a little higher of a poster but I can't remember anything remarkable he has said or done. I encourage people to look at their posts, though I'm not sure when I'll be able to do that myself.

Also we had a whopping 9 people missing the poll, from about-to-be-replaced absolute lurkers like Mishimeals, to simply low posters like Bubbles and Savage. I bet there are mafia among those 9. I see some names in the player list that I can't for the life of me remember who they are. Who the hell is Wigly? Who is TheFloyd? What about Luke11646? Seriously, WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE?

Look to their posts, if they have any, look for fishy stuff, and make them talk. We can't let this turn into a situation where civs kill each other while mafia stands on the background, watching while eating popcorn.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Glorfindel wrote:Forgive me Guys but am I to understand there is some criticism of me voting down MattF (a bad guy) without having made a whole bunch of wild accusations for the entire first day phase when there are some players that didn't even vote at all? For what it's worth, I only realised when I came on this morning how close the deadline was and decided to go on instinct (something which has in the past stood me in good stead - I'm sure Sig will vouch for that...).
Well, the issue is that we are not hunting for just one mafioso, we are hunting for eight. There can be mafia among Matt voters, Enrique voters, spread voters and/or non-voters, and likely all of them. We have to look for each of them separately and find the most suspicious one.

For that matter, I want to ask: why didn't you say anything about your Matt vote yesterday? Why only now, after he is dead? I mean, not that you have the OBLIGATION of writing something on it, but the way you did, it gave me the impression that you were just being opportunistic. Like, you spend the day having trouble to catch up, which is understandable, but you had enough of an understanding of the game to be able to vote for the guy who was the most likely to be lynched, and nothing more than that. It's suspicious to me.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

Glorfindel's vote is the one that made basically go "NOPE" to a Matt vote of my own, but in hindsight with his explanation I honestly don't think he looks as bad as Dom or Roxy. I don't see what the scum motivation would be for doing something that would get him so much negative attention as to vote without any comment whatsoever, so to me it looks more likely that he just didn't want to miss the vote but didn't know who to vote for, so he placed his trust in the most viable lynch at the time (I think? Enrique might have been ahead at one point). Roxy randomized her vote and it just happened to end up on Matt, whereas Dom picked a flaky reason to justify his vote. I'm not excusing Glorfindel but I think right now, Dom and Roxy look worse.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

So apparently I got, like, abducted by aliens and have missing time syndrome and, like, missed an entire day basically and didn't vote.
So I suck.
It's always hard to say in hindsight what you would have done, but I think I might have gotten on board with a bass vote. I liked Golden's case there, and would have avoided the easy Matt vote because it looked like a super opportunistic pile-on. The outcome ended up being good, but in the moment I don't think I would've wanted to be a pet of it.

So for tomorrow, I think my starting point will be bass, and some of the fluffier Matt voters.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Canucklehead wrote:So apparently I got, like, abducted by aliens and have missing time syndrome and, like, missed an entire day basically and didn't vote.
So I suck.
It's always hard to say in hindsight what you would have done, but I think I might have gotten on board with a bass vote. I liked Golden's case there, and would have avoided the easy Matt vote because it looked like a super opportunistic pile-on. The outcome ended up being good, but in the moment I don't think I would've wanted to be a pet of it.

So for tomorrow, I think my starting point will be bass, and some of the fluffier Matt voters.
I wholeheartedly approve of everything in this post.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Night Post may be delayed slightly from the 7:30 PM EST Deadline. However, all PMs should be in by 7:30 PM EST for them to count. Roughly 3 hours to go.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm not going to criticise Glorfindel for not specifically thread-posting his vote. For one, I had explained to the new players in this thread that it wasn't mandatory (just considered good form), and two I don't know what would be normal at the site where he is from (Glorfindel, are you Naruto like Savage?)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I also really recommend people read MP's wall-o-text. He does make good points.

Although MP, did you notice my own reasons for a civ zebra read? I did give you a reason why I gth read her civ, beyond just effort.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As a side note please in the future address all Night PM's as NIGHT # - ROLE. Makes it much easier.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:Wow not bad team. Not bad at all.
I noticed you had a drop in activity during the later half of day 1. You were pretty active for most of it, discussing important matters such as Day 0 Votes, or MP's psychology. But when it came down to deciding who to lynch, you vanished and missed the vote. Were you busy irl yerterday?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

MPs wall of text is a carefully constructed magnum opus designed to ensure players constantly over-analyse Zebra's posts I reckon. It's a genius scum play because Zebra is eminently lynchable early game yet here has a load of town reads so by doing so Zebra is quite likely to start doing things to raise the ire of other vociferous players. What a smart way to knock off the dominant town player.

MP you devilish fiend.

linki: Yes. I had a leadership seminar at work that I couldn't sneakily play Mafia instead of attending.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Golden wrote:(Glorfindel, are you Naruto like Savage?)
Nope. He was invited my someone else.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nicely done all you Matt voters. :clap:
However this doesn't really give us any information on who the baddies are as he was alone/no btsc.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Elohcin wrote:
However this doesn't really give us any information on who the baddies are as he was alone/no btsc.
It gives us the same information as lynching a civilian, sure. But it's a lot more beneficial.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
It gives us the same information as lynching a civilian, sure. But it's a lot more beneficial.
I rescind this statement. I thought Boba Fett was a standard serial killer. That doesn't appear to be the case.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

11. Your participation score will go down if you miss any combination of three votes / Night actions. You may opt not to use a Night action, but you MUST PM Either DharmaHelper or Epignosis, letting us know.

You have about an hour to get your PMs in and submit other activity, including putting your vote up for sale for Day 2.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here are my top suspects going into Day 2 (in no particular order) and why:

1) MovingPictures07 - As I stated before, I don't like his comment about the timing of my Day 1 vote.

2) Bass_the_Clever - He said it takes him a while to get a grip on my alignment. That doesn't line up at all with our previous games' interactions.

3) MacDougall - This one isn't strong, but he was pretty carefree before I voted for him on Day 1, and got serious after I voted for him.

4) Nanana_Banana - He's done nothing but visit Tattooine.

5) Roxy - I agree with zebra about Roxy's vote (but not about Dom's). She offered a little disclaimer that Matt looked mildly suspicious for his Day 0 vote, and no such additionaly comments about any other player she talked about, yet coincidentally random'd on him Day 1.

6) a2thezebra - she is trying too hard and posting too much and is bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm not too sure what to think of how much attention MP has been giving me. On the one hand, outside of this attention, my gut is telling me that he's civ. But on the other hand every time he talks about me he comes across as very manipulative. He says he thinks I'm civ, but then why bring so much attention to me? It's not negative attention itself, but it seems like this very sinister left-handed sort of thinking. Day 1 he was asking a lot of players what their read and thoughts of me was. I don't mind of course, but it just seems weird to single out me. Is it really just because I have the most posts? That doesn't seem justified. And then there was that post I brought up earlier where he seemed to be implying that I was advocating a policy lynch. When I brought it up to him he denied that the post was even directed at me, despite that clearly being the case. Then when I pointed that out to him and he went with the whole silly-me shtick. I don't want to let my paranoia get the best of me, especially since nothing outside of the way he's been talking about me has bothered me at all. I can't honestly say I have a scum read of him, but I am watching him closely to see if I sense that kind of behavior towards other players as well.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Episode III - Tatooiney Meeny, Miny, Moe

The Syndicate movie night was in full swing. There was candy, popcorn, and even a few games in between the more drawn out parts of the film. With the departure of the grouchy DharmaHelper, everyone’s spirits seemed to be on the rise. Little did they know that DharmaHelper had not gone away, he’d only been biding his time and waiting for the moment to strike. As the camera panned to an Imperial checkpoint on Tatooine, that time had come.
===

The Prisoner sat in his cell, arms bound and head hung low. A squad of Storm Troopers had caught him snooping around the checkpoint and detained him immediately, pending the arrival of Lord Vader. Once Vader arrived, The Prisoner would no doubt be executed for his crimes against the Empire. His only hope was for a quick and painless death – a luxury not often afforded to the enemies of the Galactic Empire.

From his cell The Prisoner heard the thick metal doors to the outside slide open with a hiss and a spattering of steam, and several more Storm Troopers filed into the small, sand colored dungeon.
Behind them, an imposing figure in black walked calmly, his cloak billowing at his back. The Prisoner recognized this as his judge, jury, and executioner: Darth Vader himself. What Vader was doing on a nothing planet like Tatooine was anyone’s guess, but his presence meant only death for the poor prisoner

===

“Oh come on!” DrWigly said, throwing a kernel of popcorn at the screen. “Vader never goes to Tatooine in the original trilogy. Epignosis this bootleg is awful!”
Epignosis only sunk deeper into his seat, as the angry eyes of his friends bore down upon him in disappointment. Amidst the staring, and some quiet arguing, the rest of the scene played out before them. The Prisoner that had been detained by the Storm Troopers held up bravely against the horrible interrogation administered by Darth Vader, whose face was obscured by his signature mask therefore leaving his actor’s identity a mystery. Just as the scene was getting good, however, the power cut plunging the room into temporary darkness.

“Hey,” remarked Dr. Wigly, looking around with a puzzled expression. “Has anyone seen Matt F since the Bobba Fett scene?”

Sure enough, no one could spot Matt F anywhere. It was as if he’d disappeared entirely from their movie night without as much as a single trace. Oddly enough, no one seemed particularly bothered by this development, as they soon returned to quietly watching the movie. Had they known at the time the significance of Matt’s vanishing act, their reactions would have been much different.
===

In a darkened room resembling a TV police interrogation room, Matt F sat in a simple metal chair looking up at a lone ceiling lamp as it swayed noisily from side to side. He hummed a cheerful tune to himself, clearly bored with his current circumstances. A voice called out from the darkness, and Matt was no longer bored.

“I told them not to mess with the ORIGINAL TRILOGY!” the voice screamed. “Now they’ll pay! And you’re going to help me!”

It is now Day 2 on Tatooine
You have 48 hours to lynch someone
PMs are going out now, please be patient

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”