71%

Total votes: 14
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Golden »

Sorry bass :( Ackbar is my favourite.

@enrique - interesting. This poisoner mechanic is all the rage. I, for one, am neither more likely or less likely to vote for you as a result of you being poisoned. I don't think the fact you are poisoned speaks to your affiliation. I do think it might speak to someone who suspected you heavily on day one being responsible.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

it's a trap!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

If a third party poisoned you then it changes nothing, if a mafia team poisoned you, well you could still be a mafia member. Also the third option is that you're making this up to get out of trouble.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Why is that role dangerous? I haven't heard exactly why.
Okay, got confirmation. I got poisoned last night. Basically, I'm getting an increased amount of votes against me every day until I get cured. So if anybody here knows something about cures, you'll know I'm not messing around and I need help. Personally I don't have the faintest idea how that happens. Other than the Tuskan Raiders, the only secret role that would make some sense to have this power is the ugly shit with Jabba but poisoning players doesn't sound much like "amusing his master" so I doubt that's it.

and now i'm laughing because that sounds like utter bullshit to make people not vote for me

BUT if any of you know anything about cures i hope you'll be able to vouch for me (and get this crap off my back because i'm definitely gonna keep receiving votes)
I see. Well considering you were almost lynched yesterday, there's a chance the person who poisoned you wasn't doing it malevolently.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:Sorry bass :( Ackbar is my favourite.

@enrique - interesting. This poisoner mechanic is all the rage. I, for one, am neither more likely or less likely to vote for you as a result of you being poisoned. I don't think the fact you are poisoned speaks to your affiliation. I do think it might speak to someone who suspected you heavily on day one being responsible.
You were able to understand what I was getting at from the start, though. I think you can follow my thought process here.

Russ wanted Tattooine for bullshit reasons, but is also unlikely to be affiliated with Jabba, correct?
The Tuskan Raiders and the Jawas would probably benefit from going to Tattooine as well, correct?

The only secret roles in this game are:
Luke Skywalker is the only one able to use both light and dark side Force powers. *Secrets*
As Luke Skywalker’s mentor, Obi-Wan Kenobi seeks to guide him in the ways of the light side of the Force. *Secrets*
The ancient Jedi Yoda will offer sagacious insight to the thread through the host. He will also train someone in the ways of the Force. *Secrets*
Darth Vader uses one Dark Force Power each Night. *Secrets*
The old Sith Lord uses the Dark Side of the Force. *Secrets*
As Jabba the Hutt’s court jester, Salacious Crumb must amuse his master at least once a day or be killed. *Secrets*
Nomads from Tatooine, the sand people want to be left alone in peace, but will use violence to attain that outcome. *Secrets*
Jawas are technology scavengers, and search their environment for precious wares (or faulty wares- it matters not) to sell to unsuspecting customers. Jawas are in charge of the merchandise, which they can sell to people of any alignment. They acquire miscellaneous electronics from the bodies of the lynched and manufacture technology to sell. *Secrets*
Now, I don't think "poisoning" is a Force user power so for the time being I'm fine with ruling all of those out. That leaves Salacious Crumb, the Tuskan Raiders, and the Jawas.

Salacious' description says he "must amuse his master at least once a day or be killed." How does he do that? No clue, but I doubt the answer is "poisoning people."
The Jawas' description makes them sound like they're there basically to sell items. I don't think poison fits into this equation at all, especially not on Night 1.
The Tuskan Raiders' description says "they will use violence to attain that outcome." And honestly, that's my best lead. Poisoning players is a violent and shitty thing to do, and I don't know if they will kill tonight, but they didn't on Night 1 so there's a good chance their method is not just murder. It's a bit of a reach, but the matter of fact here is that I got poisoned, and it had to be by one of these roles, right?

Does Russ have any possible motivation for poisoning me? Oh, absolutely. I'm getting a lot of votes. I was a really easy bet to die from this sooner rather than later. It makes perfect sense that he'd want me gone ASAP and this was a perfect way to pull it off.

I spent all Day working only with in-thread details on my case against Russ, but it hit me like a ton of bricks the moment I was about to die because I had an extra vote. Who could have possibly poisoned me? And sure enough the only role that seems to allow for it is the goddamn Tuskan Raiders.

linki-
@sig: I'm not saying this alone makes me good but goddamn I'm gonna stand by my goodness anyway because it's real and I don't want to fucking die, by poison or not. So yeah, thanks for the brilliant observation, I don't want to get lynched!

@MM: Poisoning doesn't sound like a super civvie power to have one way or another, but I sorta get what you're saying. IF the poisoner was good, they'd have done it because they thought I was bad. If the poisoner was bad then they're just a dick (and, let's be real here, baddies must love having such a viable lynch candidate every day, I don't think they'd be so quick to poison me for the same reason they haven't killed me / probably will not tonight). Russ would absolutely benefit from having me gone. This makes so much sense to me. I don't know what other way it could've happened.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Dom »

Sorry bass. :/

Looking squarely at Enrique.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh yeah, I see what you are getting at entirely Enrique, except two things.

1) I don't see why you are so convinced it is Russti who is responsible. I think that is a big leap. I think there are lots of potential candidates.
2) I'm not ruling out dark force powers as being responsible. I'd need to look into whether or not poisoning could be one. In theory, I think you are right - I don't remember any force powers involving poisoning.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: Are we ever gonna get a shot at decoding the roles?

I figure not, but what the hell, I'm betting the Tuskans poison and that "doing wacky shit with dead people" is a Dark Side power as per the Night 1 post.

Golden, I think I've laid all my cards on the table. How would you use a poisoning ability as an indie role? I think I would be going for people who are more under the radar, because after all, fuck anyone who isn't me and creating other possible lynch candidates = good. But whoever poisoned me wants me dead, and just, well, the fact that it matches my earlier assertion that Russ was probably an indie role. This is all I've got, but for me, it's enough to have him as #1 on my list.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Enrique wrote:@Hosts: Are we ever gonna get a shot at decoding the roles?

I figure not, but what the hell, I'm betting the Tuskans poison and that "doing wacky shit with dead people" is a Dark Side power as per the Night 1 post.

Golden, I think I've laid all my cards on the table. How would you use a poisoning ability as an indie role? I think I would be going for people who are more under the radar, because after all, fuck anyone who isn't me and creating other possible lynch candidates = good. But whoever poisoned me wants me dead, and just, well, the fact that it matches my earlier assertion that Russ was probably an indie role. This is all I've got, but for me, it's enough to have him as #1 on my list.

Probably not.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ah shit, sorry everyone.

I was out and about in Seattle all day and never got a chance to vote. Still thought I had time now, but the time difference got me :-(
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:I'm not liking Glorfindels post right know, he keeps referring to himself as a new player, while he is new to this website he isn't new to mafia at all. He also never answered my question.
@Glor please answer my question your posts are starting to make me uncomfortably.

I will once again be voting for enrique I believe he is scum, his posts today has just reinforced this.
enrique
I'm sorry, I'm not with you at all on this one? I never said I was new to Mafia - that is in truth an entirely different thing to being unfamiliar with the way it works and the people here. I honestly don't understand what is so hard to understand about that :shrug:

As for your 'question', what question? I had a look back and I couldn't see any question you addressed to me directly in any of your recent posts...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:Ah shit, sorry everyone.

I was out and about in Seattle all day and never got a chance to vote. Still thought I had time now, but the time difference got me :-(
Enjoy the limericks.

RIP Akbar.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

Sorry I missed the vote. Are we supposed to have a night poll?
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Black Rock wrote:Sorry I missed the vote. Are we supposed to have a night poll?
No. Night will end at 7:30PM EST
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:I'm all caught up with the reading but have no time to finish the analysis I wanted to do. This weekend has been much busier than excepted. The next week looks clear, even with thanksgiving coming up. I plan on doing several cases and hopefully some more tonight.

I will probably be back on in about 5 hours after the football game tonight and will then complete another iso.

The deadline will end before I get back. Since there needs to be a lynch I will be voting for enrique. I am surprised how little content was generated during day two I was unfortunately not around to help with posting. I have not completed an ISO on Bass and am not sure on the points that are being made against him therefore I will not be voting for him.
Looking at your own post history, you've offered not apparent stance on Enrique. This is the only comment you've made about him, stating that you don't like zebra's content on him. :confused:

Yet you opted out of voting Bass because you haven't completed your ISO? You are not sure of the points being made against him? Didn't you get caught up on your reading?

:eye:
When I read, I read from the place I left off on the forum to the last post on the last page. Even though I have read, there is no way I can form a proper stance on somebody unless I go back iso them and then go back once more and pull their posts into to context. If you are telling me you remember everything every player has said since the beginning of the game i would call bullshit in 99% of cases. I've tried keeping a notebook starting with talking heads, but it didn't work well due to the sheer quantity of content. If you have an organization method that would help, please share. Until then I go back and read and reread to form a proper stance on a player, not just a gut read.

What I did tonight was place a gut read on what I recalled out of the content of enrique compared to bass. I did not recall specific content on bass but there has been multiple scum reads against enrique. Hence I made my selection.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

The Jawas are selling an item:

Imperial Credit Skimmer

Simply target a person with this device, and their full account of Imperial Credits will be emptied from their account and into yours. Jawa accounts have additional security, so the Imperial Credit Skimmer will fail if you use it on a Jawa. This device can only be used once.

PM the hosts with your bids during Night 2. Highest bidder wins the item and may use it any time.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It has come to my attention that my week is insanely crazy, so I doubt I'll be posting as much as usual. Just wanted to warn people.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Not a good result. RIP Bass.

I've skimmed quickly. Don't have time for a detailed catchup this morning.

For now, I have the following thoughts:

1) Glorfindel, you're suspicious based on tone as well as the lack of thoughts you espew. Also, your Day 2 vote stinks.

2) Enrique, thanks for explaining your post further. I'm not aggressively reading you as mafia quite so badly at the moment... need to mull over this. I recognize now better what you were saying. You're correct that I brushed off Russ's accusation and didn't really pursue him for it. I wish I had the number of votes to pursue everyone aggressively for illogical behavior, but even if I did, I've done that enough over the years, particularly in recent games, to know that civilians make poor, unexplained, or unsubstantiated votes all the time. I didn't feel it necessary to really hound Russ over it, since I didn't think I could get anything out of him, but I did want responses to those questions. He has not yet delivered on those responses. Why do I think he did it? I really don't know. Opportunistic mafia vote trying to throw shade my way if he gets lynched? Civilian who just really didn't know how to vote? My guess would be the former, but I'm not sold on it.

3) Despite mafia reading Enrique I'm not sure he would make this poison stuff up... can't see the motivation for it. It would apply easily regardless of affiliation, however. I think the Russ connection is speculation though and there's no real way to know who poisoned him.

4) Sorsha, despite barely posting today (don't worry, pretty much everyone didn't... except Mac, who HAD A POSTING PUNISHMENT, folks), I felt a gut evaluation of you displaying a town mindset in your post (too busy to link right now) where you tried to engage Golden and zebra in opinions they've held. Despite that... your vote today was a bit ehhhh, so I think I'll push you back down. :P

5) Blooper/nijuu, noted. I'm not sure what I can say in response to that, especially that I haven't already said... but if you have concerns or questions for me, let me know. I can assure you that all of my thread engagement attempts are genuine.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey, YOU, player reading and hardly posting.

Guess what?

You're a low poster.
You hear me? You will be feeling the heat. You better participate soon. NOT posting is NOT a strategy to play the game, regardless of your alignment. :srsnod:
Also, this again.

Seriously, why are there players signing up for games and not posting, and why aren't we putting more heat on them?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Not a good result. RIP Bass.

1) Glorfindel, you're suspicious based on tone as well as the lack of thoughts you espew. Also, your Day 2 vote stinks
You call that a thought? A comedy routine more likely. Just how pray tell is my tone suspicious? And MY Day 2 vote stinks? At least I made one which is more than I can say for a lot of players this game and yet you target me? Again? My vote wasn't on one of our power roles nor was it on what is looking to me like an increasingly Town-looking Enrique... I expect we'll find out soon enough then. You don't know that Russtifinko isn't non-Town (whatever they're called) so for you to criticise my vote just makes you look like you're grasping at straws and pretty transparently at that... :evileye:

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorry I missed the vote and I would have voted zebra for playing a manipulative game.
;)
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

Sorry, all. Had to run the bar at a bonspiel this weekend, and it took way more time (like, ALL the time) than I anticipated so I didn't get a chance to play or keep up. I'll do a catchup later tonight and be ready to jump back in during the next day phase.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey, YOU, player reading and hardly posting.

Guess what?

You're a low poster.
You hear me? You will be feeling the heat. You better participate soon. NOT posting is NOT a strategy to play the game, regardless of your alignment. :srsnod:
Also, this again.

Seriously, why are there players signing up for games and not posting, and why aren't we putting more heat on them?
Who are you talking about, specifically?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:Sorry, all. Had to run the bar at a bonspiel this weekend, and it took way more time (like, ALL the time) than I anticipated so I didn't get a chance to play or keep up. I'll do a catchup later tonight and be ready to jump back in during the next day phase.
That sounds like a wonderful way
To combine both work and play
But tomorrow you'll smile
For just a short while
'Cause the limericks have come to stay

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Glorfindel wrote:

1) Glorfindel, you're suspicious based on tone as well as the lack of thoughts you espew. Also, your Day 2 vote stinks
You call that a thought? A comedy routine more likely. Just how pray tell is my tone suspicious? And MY Day 2 vote stinks? At least I made one which is more than I can say for a lot of players this game and yet you target me? Again? My vote wasn't on one of our power roles nor was it on what is looking to me like an increasingly Town-looking Enrique... I expect we'll find out soon enough then. You don't know that Russtifinko isn't non-Town (whatever they're called) so for you to criticise my vote just makes you look like you're grasping at straws and pretty transparently at that... :evileye:
What does it mean? At first the only logical explanation I could think of was "the people up for lynch," but then you mentioned me separately so I'm without a clue again. What's a power role? How do you know who is and isn't one?

@Dom: Did you know somebody called Mishimeals is playing?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I didn't realize Luke was in this game, either. He went AWOL in the middle of Pet Sounds and pretty much secured an easy baddie win.

nanana banana looks like another no show.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hosts: will players be modkilled (or replaced) for nonparticipation?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hosts: will players be modkilled (or replaced) for nonparticipation?
There will be (fresh) blood.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

RIP Bass. I think the Bass voters will be a good place to start, especially since the votes started piling onto him with hardly any discussion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

DFaraday wrote:RIP Bass. I think the Bass voters will be a good place to start, especially since the votes started piling onto him with hardly any discussion.
Kind of like your vote for me, right DF?
;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bcornett24 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:I'm all caught up with the reading but have no time to finish the analysis I wanted to do. This weekend has been much busier than excepted. The next week looks clear, even with thanksgiving coming up. I plan on doing several cases and hopefully some more tonight.

I will probably be back on in about 5 hours after the football game tonight and will then complete another iso.

The deadline will end before I get back. Since there needs to be a lynch I will be voting for enrique. I am surprised how little content was generated during day two I was unfortunately not around to help with posting. I have not completed an ISO on Bass and am not sure on the points that are being made against him therefore I will not be voting for him.
Looking at your own post history, you've offered not apparent stance on Enrique. This is the only comment you've made about him, stating that you don't like zebra's content on him. :confused:

Yet you opted out of voting Bass because you haven't completed your ISO? You are not sure of the points being made against him? Didn't you get caught up on your reading?

:eye:
When I read, I read from the place I left off on the forum to the last post on the last page. Even though I have read, there is no way I can form a proper stance on somebody unless I go back iso them and then go back once more and pull their posts into to context. If you are telling me you remember everything every player has said since the beginning of the game i would call bullshit in 99% of cases. I've tried keeping a notebook starting with talking heads, but it didn't work well due to the sheer quantity of content. If you have an organization method that would help, please share. Until then I go back and read and reread to form a proper stance on a player, not just a gut read.

What I did tonight was place a gut read on what I recalled out of the content of enrique compared to bass. I did not recall specific content on bass but there has been multiple scum reads against enrique. Hence I made my selection.
The impression I get is that you voted for Enrique because other players suspected him, and that you did not vote Bass because you did not see the suspicions from other players.

With Bass flipping civilian, your vote does not look as bad as I thought it would, but I still don't agree with the reasoning. You may have not seen the reasoning to vote Bass provided by other players, but you acknowledged that you were developing an ISO yourself, so you must have had at least some thoughts on him, while you did not exhibit any on Enrique.

I do have one organization idea that may or may not help. By typing your thoughts in response to posts as you're catching up on a lot of content (pretending to be responding in real time) and posting them in one large post can help. It gives us an idea of what you're thinking, and it allows you to engage with the thread more directly.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

With Bass flipping civ :(, he's coming off my new list.

1) bcornett24 - I don't like his vote from yesterday, as I've discussed already.
2) MacDougall
3) BANANA - nowhere
4) *Bubbles - also nowhere
5) MovingPictures07 - I agree with him that the quiet folks should speak up and unlurk, but I still don't like his response to my Day 1 vote.
6) zebra - where'd she go? Only one post in the last 45 hours.

*New addition to my list.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

Roxy wrote:
DFaraday wrote:RIP Bass. I think the Bass voters will be a good place to start, especially since the votes started piling onto him with hardly any discussion.
Kind of like your vote for me, right DF?
When you get bandwagoned to death for no apparent reason and flip civ, yes, just like that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

MM I will respond to you after work tonight, I do not have enough time to do so now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:With Bass flipping civ :(, he's coming off my new list.

1) bcornett24 - I don't like his vote from yesterday, as I've discussed already.
2) MacDougall
3) BANANA - nowhere
5) MovingPictures07 - I agree with him that the quiet folks should speak up and unlurk, but I still don't like his response to my Day 1 vote.

Wait what?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

I apologise for lack of presence, I've had a busy time recently.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

What does it mean? At first the only logical explanation I could think of was "the people up for lynch," but then you mentioned me separately so I'm without a clue again. What's a power role? How do you know who is and isn't one?
I'm sorry, I may be confused but wasn't the victim of yesterday's lynching (Admiral Ackbar) a power role? I thought I read somewhere that it was?

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

Okay, catching up.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Glorfindel's vote is the one that made basically go "NOPE" to a Matt vote of my own, but in hindsight with his explanation I honestly don't think he looks as bad as Dom or Roxy. I don't see what the scum motivation would be for doing something that would get him so much negative attention as to vote without any comment whatsoever, so to me it looks more likely that he just didn't want to miss the vote but didn't know who to vote for, so he placed his trust in the most viable lynch at the time (I think? Enrique might have been ahead at one point). Roxy randomized her vote and it just happened to end up on Matt, whereas Dom picked a flaky reason to justify his vote. I'm not excusing Glorfindel but I think right now, Dom and Roxy look worse.
zebra, what makes you think Roxy's behavior has a more likely mafia motivation than Glorfindel? I don't agree.
I'm not one to jump to conclusions, just accusations. My conclusions are more based on how the accused responds than what the allegations originally were. Glorfindel got some heat for his non-stated vote and I think his defense in that particular case seemed genuine. In Roxy's case, her defenses come across to me as opportunistic and misrepresenting my issues against her.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Glorfindel wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I'm sorry, I may be confused but wasn't the victim of yesterday's lynching (Admiral Ackbar) a power role? I thought I read somewhere that it was?
Are you a power role, Glor?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

illy vanily anyone
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:With Bass flipping civ :(, he's coming off my new list.

2) MacDougall
3) BANANA - nowhere

why bubbles and banana but no mishimeals or luke?
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not too sure what to think of how much attention MP has been giving me. On the one hand, outside of this attention, my gut is telling me that he's civ. But on the other hand every time he talks about me he comes across as very manipulative. He says he thinks I'm civ, but then why bring so much attention to me? It's not negative attention itself, but it seems like this very sinister left-handed sort of thinking. Day 1 he was asking a lot of players what their read and thoughts of me was. I don't mind of course, but it just seems weird to single out me. Is it really just because I have the most posts? That doesn't seem justified. And then there was that post I brought up earlier where he seemed to be implying that I was advocating a policy lynch. When I brought it up to him he denied that the post was even directed at me, despite that clearly being the case. Then when I pointed that out to him and he went with the whole silly-me shtick. I don't want to let my paranoia get the best of me, especially since nothing outside of the way he's been talking about me has bothered me at all. I can't honestly say I have a scum read of him, but I am watching him closely to see if I sense that kind of behavior towards other players as well.
zebra, I feel like you're being manipulative here.

1) You say "every time" I talk about you. Elaborate. What can I do to address your concern that I'm being very manipulative every instance I bring you up?

Not have your read of me conflict with what you say about me. :shrug: I don't have a problem with the attention itself, my problem is that your thoughts on me seem to conflict with the amount of emphasis you're recommending for others to watch me closely. If you actually have a scum read of me, and you would say so, then you would seem more genuine to me because you're opinion would seem more logical with your posts about me. Since you have a civ read of me it seems manipulative because I don't see how such bizarre juxtaposition between what you say your thoughts on me are, and the way you've acted towards me, are justified from anything but ulterior motives. It seems to be setting up some kind of opportunity where you can jump on a post to over-analyze and use to condemn me, which is kind of what this post I'm responding to looks like. And like I said, since I'm only seeing this behavior with you towards myself, I fully accept the idea that I'm just being paranoid. But you're not helping kill that paranoia when I give my honest thoughts on what the deal with you is and you respond by saying that you feel that I'm being manipulative here. How about you elaborate on that?

2) Why bring so much attention to you? That's a logical fallacy, for one, since your intense posting is bringing about as much attention to yourself as possible.

For two, I have you as a "slight" civilian read.

Correct, it is a logical fallacy. On your part. Of course my intense posting is bringing me attention, that doesn't mean I feel it's warranted to have posts suggesting things I haven't said, constant questions from other players about what they think about my alignment, and a large post speculating the nature of posters that are trying to support town may have ulterior motives. These are all valid points that don't bother me by themselves, my issue comes from singling me out the way you have. If I was the only prominent poster than it would make sense, but I'm not. Everything you said about me in that post you made that seemed to bother MM and Mac a bit, could also be applied to you, Golden, and all of the other prominent posters. I just happen to have the largest quantity of posts, but really not by that much. Again, why single me out? As for point two, your emphasis on having me as a town read of you as a defense for the issues I have with you is only making my paranoia seem more justified. I could bring as much negative attention to a player as I want if I just say that I find them town, in fact then it will only seem more logical and reasonable to those that are on the fence. By constantly questioning my motives yet saying just as often that you town read me, you're giving me nightmarish flashbacks to a certain Marc Antony speech. The entire thing seems like a twisted form of reverse psychology.

So, NO, it's not "just" because you have the most posts.

I didn't expect you to agree with that statement, but you haven't shown me, neither in your original post nor here, how exactly it is incorrect. Because it really does seem like it is because I have the most posts. And again I'm starting to think this is less my paranoia and more just having decent insight, when you make statements like this that justify your negative feelings towards a player that you supposedly read as civ. It doesn't smell right. And again, I wouldn't be bothered by how you felt regardless of the nature of it, as long as you are consistent iwth yourself. It's when you're not that seems start to feel manipulative and rehearsed, and that's what this seems like to me.

Did you not see this gigantic post where I gave multiple reasons why I'm bringing "so much" attention to you, and one of those reasons is that I'm not sure how to discern your behavior and hence I'm trying to get feedback?

Congratulations, you have brought up the exact post that bothered me the most and caused me to make the post that you are responding to here. Like I said earlier, it just seem like you're trying to make it look like you have multiple reasons for bringing attention to me when really you don't. Discerning my behavior and looking for feedback? Isn't that what all of the more prominent posters are trying to do with everyone else? Again, where is the justification for singling me out? For this particular argument it makes even less sense in my case because I'm giving you more than enough content to give you the feedback you need. The call-to-armsesque mindset you're displaying in that post does not come across to me as just looking for feedback. It also seems disingenuous to put "so much" in quotation marks while simultaneously excusing the very actions you think I'm blowing out of proportion. Again, this kind of inconsistency is the real problem, and it's why, like I said in the post you're responding to, I'm watching you closely to see if I see that same kind of inconsistency with other players. I am now definitely convinced this is no longer my own vanity.

The reason is that there's something about some of your posts this game that's been consistently bothering my gut (if you're being truthful, it seems we're having a mutual issue here), but I haven't bothered pursuing it because there's nothing substantial I can bring to the table. So I'm still willing to call you a slight town read because the thread content that you've produced outweighs any creepy gut feelings I've had that you're a fake supatown mafia.

And, word-for-word, I could apply this exact same block of text to my thoughts on you. Only in my case, I think I've got more to work with if I do conclude that you're bad than something as flimsy as "bothering my gut".

The irony here is that this post feels like you're trying to keep attention on me in a manipulative fashion, not vice versa.

Are we just talking on different pages here and wallflowering each other a bit? Let's talk. Because if you are a civilian, I want to trust you.

This is mafia, you should never want to trust anyone. That's how you lose. I don't trust you or anyone else no matter how far into the game we get. If you think my honest feelings towards you are so easily interpreted as manipulative then okay. But I think I'm more justified in seeing you as manipulative when it's taken you this long to actually come out and say what you think; that something about me has been bothering your gut but you haven't bothered pushing it because you have no good reason to think that. Okay. If we really are on different pages here it would help me to not see you this way if you were to come out and say that from the get go. Do you not see how problematic it is for my thoughts on your alignment when instead of just saying that you have a gut-related issue with me before giving me a bunch of negative attention towards me, you wait until I've already made a post calling you out that you've decided to use to call me manipulative? Seriously. Anything would make you look better than the way you've acted here. You could've said nothing about your thoughts on me at all while trying to gauge my reactions, you could've said that you think I'm bad just based on your gut while trying to gauge my reactions, you could've said that you think I'm likely civ while trying to gauge my reactions without bringing a bunch of scummy attention towards me, etc, etc, etc. But instead you choose to withhold your actual thoughts on me until just now, when the damage has already been done. So what gives?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Sig, this is gonna sound like bullshit, but I definitely misread one of your Day 1 posts as saying that I was looking less Mafia to you, not more. So when I saw you'd voted for me hell yeah I was surprised. I'm sorry if "two faced" came across as an insult, I'm not that petty :p (and really this is a game where we call each other "scum" all the time). But from an in-game perspective that's exactly what it would've been. I take it back now. You were consistent (ly misguided) when talking about me. I was looking at it wrong.

Zeeb is doing a fine interrogation job with Roxy, I must say. The fact that she's trying to justify her vote for Matt, which she originally said was random... doesn't bode very well. Zebra showcases Roxy's other attempts at misrepresenting her, such as the tons of excuses and guns blazing against Golden. I think Roxy is looking very worthy of some eyes here.

A few scattered thoughts:

I've found myself agreeing with BC and Golden a lot so far. Like I was talking with Alex earlier, maybe it's a playstyle thing, maybe it comes from a shared perspective, I can't know for sure. But for now I'm inclined to trust them.

I don't want to let Russ off the hook, but you know what I suspect? That he's indie. I don't think a Hutt would immediately come into the thread and publicly link his name to the team right now. If you're a Hutt and one of your first posts is bullshit logic about why you want to go to Jabba's palace (or wherever the hell he lives), then that's just extremely silly and way risky. And despite that, I can't make myself believe him! I'm convinced there was an ulterior motive there, the original reasoning didn't quite cut it in the first place and his subsequent posts have read a lot like bullshit to me. Give me a bit and I'll deliver on some troublesome ideas he's had.
These all seem like easy opinions for Enrique to have.

I'm not sure I like it.
I would take it a step further; I quite dislike it. Not one of those points seemed genuine to me. It always pings me when someone mimics other players' points while trying to pass it off as their own wording. If you agree, just say you agree. It comes across as fake to me when someone elaborates on what has already been elaborated on without adding any new perspective themselves. I've been going back-and-forth with Enrique in my head throughout the game but I just don't see an excuse for this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

All the roles are openly available on the first page. I think we have a different understanding of 'power role' here to what people sometimes mean on other sites.

Ackbar's role was to stop one lynch and switch another. So it was potentially quite powerful.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MovingPictures07 wrote: 4) zebra - She hasn't really voiced suspicion of me other than to express that she feels I'm being manipulative specifically with regards to her. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that. My initial gut instinct was to react as though she was being manipulative, but I actively recognize that could be paranoia. I need to engage with her on the subject.
MP why must you toy with my thoughts on your alignment so?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Savage wrote:Sorry for the shit activity. Not much to read but there's a bunch of big post(too lazy). To try to compensate I will attempt to jump in right now...
Okay sounds good.

*checks ISO for follow-up post*
*sees nothing*

:disappoint:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:@Dragon could you explain your vote?

Also the Bass voters why are you lynching Bass today?
I understand Bass has flipped civ but I still feel obligated to respond to these pre-lynch posts. I voted for Bass for the same reason I attempted to vote for him Day 1, (though in that case there wasn't enough time) because he had plenty of time to respond to my concerns with him but didn't, and I felt that that was because he had no good response to them. He misrepresented my arguments in a particular way that made him seem much more likely to be manipulative, opportunistic scum that was caught red-handed, rather than a civ who simply didn't understand where I was coming from. Unfortunately I was wrong, but I still would've liked to see a decent defense. No offense of course because I have dug my own grave countless times as a civ.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Elohcin wrote:I am voting for Zebra. I don't feel like her vote for Bass is genuine.
I'm calling bullsuit. I could get over how this contradicted your earlier feelings towards all the prominent posters being civ if you at least provided some explanation as to why you changed your mind between your last post and this one, but you didn't. And what a bizarre reason to vote for me. Some players took issue with my Day 1 Bass vote, but you're taking issue with my Day 2 Bass vote?

Hosts, if a player sells their vote, do they have to make up some reason to justify it as if it were their own or can they admit that it was sold?

The reason I ask is because this is so out of left-field that I can't begin to see the scum motivation for it, yet it's also clearly not genuine. Kind of reminds me of my issues with Matt...
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorsha wrote:I am voting for Elohcin. I don't feel like her vote for zebra is genuine.
:haha:

Return to “Previous Jobs”