mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Dom »

a2thezebra wrote:
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:She's a she.

I don't want to vote for Bass... when he talks about "when I flip civ" I believe he's being genuine. I'll still vote to save myself because I can only be certain of my role, but still, I'd much rather see Roxy get the noose today.
Enrique wrote:Bass
I know it's early, but I think I've found my Day 3 vote.
For different reasons-- I'm inclined to be on the same page.

Though, bass is suspish to me too.
:faint:
I fucked up. I suspected bass in two games and :pout:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 3]

Post by a2thezebra »

What in the world does "to consider something we need" mean?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I get that "we need" comes first in non-Yoda English, but what is it that we need to consider?
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

It's not that I care so much about your specific opinion but I thought you were being pretty not cool, added to the influence those posts will have, and my +2 votes today. Like, at this point, and especially after Master Yoda himself has forsaken me I'd be pretty damn lucky not to die over a ton of bullshit adding up.

I can do ISOs if necessary but who knows how many more controversial opinions those will bring! Maybe on a few players. ISOing I think 6 people on Pet Sounds took me forever and it was a much smaller game and I was just making shit up because I knew who the baddies were lol.

linki- I think Yoda just has a boner for MP tbh which speaks well for him, but not for the people who have suspected him.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

So maybe it's like "we need to consider everything I just said."
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Now that my limerick punishment has been lifted I will destroy some evil for y'all.

Starting with MP. Hey MP if you were scum and could choose a role from the scum role list who would you choose?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

All PMs have been sent. If you were expecting a PM and did not receive one, please PM the hosts.

We have a total of nineteen missing votes in just two Days. :disappoint:

A SHAMEFUL DISPLAY

Many of you are on the brink of having your Participation Scores decreased.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Why are you afraid of controversial opinions? If they're genuine then they should help you. And if you're not up for ISO'ing everyone (believe me I don't blame you) at least give a list of your reads.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Enrique wrote:Hey maybe you'd feel better about me if I did an ISO on everyone!
no
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Damn. Already?

And I wasn't even that active. :fist:

Thanks for the game, Epignosis and DH!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:Capitalization means that bcornett is at the bottom of the poll for those interested. I give up. Lmao
Mishimeals is off the poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Capitalization means that bcornett is at the bottom of the poll for those interested. I give up. Lmao
Mishimeals is off the poll.
Aight nobody vote for a second.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Why not just let Epig do the polls? :p
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

All good.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:Why not just let Epig do the polls? :p
:shrug:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Why not play a game you signed up for so when I base the poll of the damn post count master list your name shows up

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DharmaHelper wrote:Why not play a game you signed up for so when I base the poll of the damn post count master list your name shows up
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Why not play a game you signed up for so when I base the poll of the damn post count master list your name shows up
I copy the old poll before I delete it. Then I paste it and make the proper adjustments.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
I copy the old poll before I delete it. Then I paste it and make the proper adjustments.
:meany:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:Why are you afraid of controversial opinions? If they're genuine then they should help you. And if you're not up for ISO'ing everyone (believe me I don't blame you) at least give a list of your reads.
I'm sticking to Russ being who I think he is. Yes, that's a bunch of dots to connect through speculation instead of concrete knowledge but I really really believe it. MP would've been his most likely partner, I still expect developments on this and especially a reaction from Russ who's been absent for a while, but I'm not nearly as confident on this. MP's most recent comments have boded well, but then there's the issue of the Day 0 softball and then that weird as hell interaction the other day. I don't know. But I'm guessing if Yoda had any information at all, which he might not, he was going off what he knows about MP. (Yes, I let unsupported speculation get in the way of my thoughts a lot.)

I think Roxy missed the whole point of the randomized vote dealio. Like, you're allowed to say it's just a coincidence, it only gets weird when you start going back and forth as to whether other people's reasons are relevant or not. If it's random it's random. If it gets you in trouble, well, tough shit... you still gotta own up to it.

This is the first time I play with sig, so I don't know if this is his usual self. I feel kinda bad for calling him redundant earlier, but seriously! I've had the same thought several times over the course of this game, and I guess it's not a terrible/scum quality, but it is when you're stubbornly ignoring everything else. Like, I don't know, something really doesn't add up with this dude. Here at the beginning of the game he's like "hey Enri, that is actually incorrect, but maybe we're just overthinking it!" and then out of nowhere when I'm becoming a hot topic kaboom! He uses that same post against me! Oh wait what the fuck. I went looking for this post the other day but I couldn't find it, so I assumed I had just hallucinated it and was being unfair to bring it up. Here he straight up says "I don't think it's lynch worthy, just an observation." But the more he thinks about that observation, the less he likes my posts. I'm being hit from other angles too at this point, that's true, but he never mentions any of that. He went back and forth over that same post over and over. (the post i linked reminds me that anyone still claiming that their vote was "the least negative on the civvies" is still complete bullshit. what more could you ask for than yavin ffs). Here he votes for me, after re-reading my post (again. he sure seems fixated), and I remember calling him two-faced, then later apologizing because I was imagining things. Nahh he actually did me dirty. (i AM sorry if that came off as personal in any way. but really it's not my intention, we're playing a game here)

Sorry if this was still a ton of content about me. But onto other things about him, he's reminding me a lot of Matt's game in Pet Sounds. Questions, questions, clarifications, questions, general inoffensiveness. He's present in the thread, but not really going anywhere except for the "VOTE ENRIQUE" hot button which gets more and more aggressive each time. I DO have a problem with the way some people reacted to my poisoning revelation. You're guilty of this too, Zeeb. It keeps being played as "but this doesn't mean you're good" "you could still be mafia" etc etc and using it against me when by your own admission it doesn't say anything one way or another! I'm stuck in a position where there's nothing I can do, because I still don't wanna die and I still stand by my town-ness but people treat it as something bad.

Shit I made it about me again. I'm bad at this. But want some interesting insights? Counterwagons are a thing! Baddies get poisoned too! A post mimicking another looks EXACTLY like the other, and it's suspicious! The Empire didn't kill! (ok, maybe that last one is a bit unfair because it's the same kind of speculative shit that i love, but he doesn't go anywhere at all with it... btw wouldn't it be hilarious if mishimeals was darth vader and that's why they didn't kill. take note for when their replacement comes in.)

Zeeb made this same point about me, that I apparently only talk about myself and apparently am not really contributing on other fronts. Am I allowed to say the same about somebody else? Because dang, I've been accused of having "easy opinions," but there's enough controversy surrounding me that you obviously know I have those and more. I don't know what sig's opinions are because he's playing such a safe and inoffensive game.

Golden stands as a player whose wavelengths I can at least get a sense of. BC kinda lost me with the way he voted and his justifications. You don't need an ISO on everyone to know what's going on in the thread. He's doing an ISO on Bass but doesn't remember his content? Yeah I'm not following.

MacDougall is a confusing person and I look forward to his thoughts today unless they involve lynching me because I'm so done with that shit.

Have I mentioned Glorfindel yet? He's new and maybe doesn't have a great sense of the game yet, but his "power role" comment reminded me of Illy claiming to be a vanilla civvie in Buffy Mafia... a game without vanilla civvies. Maybe it's a reach and he just wasn't taking the more passive roles into a count, or maybe he just doesn't know them (it always takes me a bit to really get my mind around the roles). But whatever the case is, it stood out to me so that's a thing.

also i was reading some of my old posts and i'm pretty sure i've been mafia'ing while on my sleepy pills a lot... this is kinda funny, i'm really bad at sentences sometimes. i blame them for how much slower i've been in the last few days.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

So I'm more or less caught up, in a Canuckleheadian sense of being "caught up" (i.e. I've lightly skimmed the many pages I missed, but read fairly thoroughly the last page or two).
I get that zebra is a "poke the cat and consider the bites you get in response" kind of player, so that is no doubt a reason for her going hard at Enrique, but reading his responses is not making me think he's bad at all. Super townie vibes there for me. :shrug:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

I thought we had lynched Matt F, but I think Enrique is his ghost!

I think Enrique is sincere and I'm not really as suspicious of him any more as I was yesterday. I think his responses have made sense and seemed genuine. However, I'm not going to entertain this notion of the dots he has put together at all. Enrique, you may believe it all you like, but I don't think you are right about it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:I NEVER said anything like "I'm good because I'm poisoned." Sig is not just equally manipulative of the facts, but completely redundant. He's especially good at pointing out options THAT EVERYONE KNOWS ALREADY. Seriously. Look over his post history. He does it over and over and over again.
I guess I stand corrected? It sure as suit seemed like you were trying to make it appear as if you being poisoned made you look better (and it seemed to work on your teamma-I mean, Elohcin), but okay. My point still stands that you are not helping yourself by posting nothing that isn't related to you or any scumhunting that includes some honest, original input.
Which is a bullshit point on itself? I'm talking about myself a lot because I've happened to be relevant a lot of the time, but uh yes I consider myself very much a part of the thread on other fronts.
Could you elaborate on how exactly you are a part of the thread on other fronts?
like shit what am i even supposed to say. I contribute where I can, form a part of discussion, I don't fucking know what you want from me. I play a certain way and why you think you know it and why you think you can expect something different from me I have no clue. I'm pretty much the only one still giving a shit about Russ, found a possible connection to MP, a possible slip by Glorfindel, speculated about the secret roles, expressed opinions on who I trust and who I don't, what posts I believe and which I don't. I have no idea what answer you're looking for, and you don't even have to agree with anything, but don't try to minimize my efforts like I'm not offering more than most of the playing roster right now. I'm sorry if I'm not good enough for you.
Quite a piece of work aren't you, Enrique? If I'd voted for YOU, you'd very likely be toast by now. But no, I took you at your word and instead voted for Russ in (an apparently misguided attempt) to confirm your innocence. And what do I get in return? You throwing shade at me for a remark that I made (entirely valid in my view) about the loss to our team of Admiral Ackbar. I certainly hope that for your sake, you never end up in a situation again where you requie my support for your survial after this :mad:

And I reiterate my comment from my last post - we lost a player with a useful ability (in my view a power role in comparison to our vanilla roles) for whom I at least was not so misguided as to have voted. My point being that for the second consecutive Day phase my vote has been competent and hell, if nothing else, at least I just VOTED which is more than I can say for some players here :srsnod:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What are some of your reads, Glorfindel?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Golden wrote:I thought we had lynched Matt F, but I think Enrique is his ghost!

I think Enrique is sincere and I'm not really as suspicious of him any more as I was yesterday. I think his responses have made sense and seemed genuine. However, I'm not going to entertain this notion of the dots he has put together at all. Enrique, you may believe it all you like, but I don't think you are right about it.
It's not like I can be sure either, but I prefer working based on those dots than being in the dark completely. I think the Tuskan Rider poison secret role is about the best explanation as to how that could happen especially on Night 1 before the Jawas started selling their shit. I don't think Russ is up to any good either, which has been a thing since before I got poisoned. So 2 and 2 together, and this is me hoping to get a straight answer.

@Glor- Chill. I appreciate your vote and all but that comment immediately stuck out to me. Vanilly is one of my earliest Mafia memories (that must've been like what, early 2012?) and I think it's a funny mistake for rookie or more lackadaisical players to make. idk what you are, but I'm pretty sure the only completely vanilla role in this game is the Stormtrooper (which would be a silly role to claim..). I guess the concept of a "power role" is vague enough that I can get an idea of what you mean.

As a general and I guess more personal note, something came up and I haven't been feeling very well today. I don't know if I'll be much better tomorrow, but I don't think it's a good idea to be putting a lot of energy into Mafia right now. I do it anyway because you know I love it. Just know I may not be thinking completely straight and showing a lot less patience than usual. (If that even means anything. I'm having to rewrite my sentences a few times to make sure they make sense and I just can't think too hard, especially in English.)
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Basta pensar en español , y deja traductor Google haga el resto.

(This message is a paid advertisement)
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:

It's not like I can be sure either, but I prefer working based on those dots than being in the dark completely. I think the Tuskan Rider poison secret role is about the best explanation as to how that could happen especially on Night 1 before the Jawas started selling their shit. I don't think Russ is up to any good either, which has been a thing since before I got poisoned. So 2 and 2 together, and this is me hoping to get a straight answer.

@Glor- Chill. I appreciate your vote and all but that comment immediately stuck out to me. Vanilly is one of my earliest Mafia memories (that must've been like what, early 2012?) and I think it's a funny mistake for rookie or more lackadaisical players to make. idk what you are, but I'm pretty sure the only completely vanilla role in this game is the Stormtrooper (which would be a silly role to claim..). I guess the concept of a "power role" is vague enough that I can get an idea of what you mean.

As a general and I guess more personal note, something came up and I haven't been feeling very well today. I don't know if I'll be much better tomorrow, but I don't think it's a good idea to be putting a lot of energy into Mafia right now. I do it anyway because you know I love it. Just know I may not be thinking completely straight and showing a lot less patience than usual. (If that even means anything. I'm having to rewrite my sentences a few times to make sure they make sense and I just can't think too hard, especially in English.)
OK, I get it now... Where I come from, traditionally only a small selection of the game roles are ever posted at the beginning of the games thread (Sig can verify that). I only briefly perused that list at the start of the game working under that assumption - hence my recollection of having seen Admiral Ackbar and remembering that he had some ability that I considered significant. I'd assumed that there would have been a considerable number of vanilla type roles for this game. My apologies for not paying closer attention there and I take back what I said about you Enrique - it was a stupid misunderstanding (on my part) and I trust we can let bygones be bygones on that one?

@a2thezebra: Well, I'm kinda convinced Enrique is telling the truth. Maybe I'm just being naive but I just can't see him being anything other than Town. I too am suspicious of Russtifinko and at this stage, I expect that my vote may end up back there this Day phase. Early on in this game, I was 100% convinced Sig was Town but after his bizarre post accusing me of not answering questions that he doesn't appear to have asked I'm starting to have some doubts. Outside of this game, he's a really great guy so I'm tending to strongly give him the benefit of the doubt. It really is hard when we have such a large number of players that don't appear to have even appeared in this game (they don't even vote :shrug: ). Same with Golden actually - really liked him for Town at the beginning of the game - it seems the deeper we get into this game, the more cloudy and dubious the whole thing appears...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

a2thezebra wrote:
Roxy wrote:Sorry I missed the vote and I would have voted zebra for playing a manipulative game.
I think you need to elaborate extensively on two things.

1. How I'm being manipulative.
2. How you're not.
I dont *have* to do anything. If you dont mind I will play my own way and I do not need to be told what I do or do not need to do.
Besides almost every post you make is twisty and manipulative. I am not gonna pull a hundred quotes to show you anything. :)
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I don't want to vote for Bass... when he talks about "when I flip civ" I believe he's being genuine. I'll still vote to save myself because I can only be certain of my role, but still, I'd much rather see Roxy get the noose today.

You dont say..... :ponder:
*PING*
;)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Roxy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Roxy wrote:Sorry I missed the vote and I would have voted zebra for playing a manipulative game.

2. How you're not.
I dont *have* to do anything. If you dont mind I will play my own way and I do not need to be told what I do or do not need to do.
Besides almost every post you make is twisty and manipulative. I am not gonna pull a hundred quotes to show you anything. :)
Perhaps I should have bolded, enlarged, italicized, and underlined the "I think" part. It goes without saying that you don't have to do these things, but completely failing to elaborate on any of your seemingly confident assertions isn't going to help me respond to you objectively and it isn't going to help convince anyone else that you're right. You seem to be okay with that (and by that I mean not helping town), so I won't bother you further. :beer:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Aight so based on this latest bit here Roxy giving me the apathetic civ vibe like I'm talkin' downtown!
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Roxy wrote:
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

*PING*
For what?
For thinking Enrique is bad for different reasons than A2z?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

a2thezebra wrote:
Roxy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

2. How you're not.
Perhaps I should have bolded, enlarged, italicized, and underlined the "I think" part. It goes without saying that you don't have to do these things, but completely failing to elaborate on any of your seemingly confident assertions isn't going to help me respond to you objectively and it isn't going to help convince anyone else that you're right. You seem to be okay with that (and by that I mean not helping town), so I won't bother you further. :beer:
Talking down to me only makes me more confident in my assertion that you still are manipulating posts like you did here.
Thats great you wont bother me no more did your suspicion of me from yesterday evaporate that quickly?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Dom wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

*PING*
For what?
No bc bass is dead and reinforcing your vote reasoning at this point only serves to make you suspicious in my eyes.
;)
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

After this post by Enrique
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Why are you afraid of controversial opinions? If they're genuine then they should help you. And if you're not up for ISO'ing everyone (believe me I don't blame you) at least give a list of your reads.
I'm sticking to Russ being who I think he is. Yes, that's a bunch of dots to connect through speculation instead of concrete knowledge but I really really believe it. MP would've been his most likely partner, I still expect developments on this and especially a reaction from Russ who's been absent for a while, but I'm not nearly as confident on this. MP's most recent comments have boded well, but then there's the issue of the Day 0 softball and then that weird as hell interaction the other day. I don't know. But I'm guessing if Yoda had any information at all, which he might not, he was going off what he knows about MP. (Yes, I let unsupported speculation get in the way of my thoughts a lot.)

I think Roxy missed the whole point of the randomized vote dealio. Like, you're allowed to say it's just a coincidence, it only gets weird when you start going back and forth as to whether other people's reasons are relevant or not. If it's random it's random. If it gets you in trouble, well, tough shit... you still gotta own up to it.

This is the first time I play with sig, so I don't know if this is his usual self. I feel kinda bad for calling him redundant earlier, but seriously! I've had the same thought several times over the course of this game, and I guess it's not a terrible/scum quality, but it is when you're stubbornly ignoring everything else. Like, I don't know, something really doesn't add up with this dude. Here at the beginning of the game he's like "hey Enri, that is actually incorrect, but maybe we're just overthinking it!" and then out of nowhere when I'm becoming a hot topic kaboom! He uses that same post against me! Oh wait what the fuck. I went looking for this post the other day but I couldn't find it, so I assumed I had just hallucinated it and was being unfair to bring it up. Here he straight up says "I don't think it's lynch worthy, just an observation." But the more he thinks about that observation, the less he likes my posts. I'm being hit from other angles too at this point, that's true, but he never mentions any of that. He went back and forth over that same post over and over. (the post i linked reminds me that anyone still claiming that their vote was "the least negative on the civvies" is still complete bullshit. what more could you ask for than yavin ffs). Here he votes for me, after re-reading my post (again. he sure seems fixated), and I remember calling him two-faced, then later apologizing because I was imagining things. Nahh he actually did me dirty. (i AM sorry if that came off as personal in any way. but really it's not my intention, we're playing a game here)

Sorry if this was still a ton of content about me. But onto other things about him, he's reminding me a lot of Matt's game in Pet Sounds. Questions, questions, clarifications, questions, general inoffensiveness. He's present in the thread, but not really going anywhere except for the "VOTE ENRIQUE" hot button which gets more and more aggressive each time. I DO have a problem with the way some people reacted to my poisoning revelation. You're guilty of this too, Zeeb. It keeps being played as "but this doesn't mean you're good" "you could still be mafia" etc etc and using it against me when by your own admission it doesn't say anything one way or another! I'm stuck in a position where there's nothing I can do, because I still don't wanna die and I still stand by my town-ness but people treat it as something bad.

Shit I made it about me again. I'm bad at this. But want some interesting insights? Counterwagons are a thing! Baddies get poisoned too! A post mimicking another looks EXACTLY like the other, and it's suspicious! The Empire didn't kill! (ok, maybe that last one is a bit unfair because it's the same kind of speculative shit that i love, but he doesn't go anywhere at all with it... btw wouldn't it be hilarious if mishimeals was darth vader and that's why they didn't kill. take note for when their replacement comes in.)

Zeeb made this same point about me, that I apparently only talk about myself and apparently am not really contributing on other fronts. Am I allowed to say the same about somebody else? Because dang, I've been accused of having "easy opinions," but there's enough controversy surrounding me that you obviously know I have those and more. I don't know what sig's opinions are because he's playing such a safe and inoffensive game.

Golden stands as a player whose wavelengths I can at least get a sense of. BC kinda lost me with the way he voted and his justifications. You don't need an ISO on everyone to know what's going on in the thread. He's doing an ISO on Bass but doesn't remember his content? Yeah I'm not following.

MacDougall is a confusing person and I look forward to his thoughts today unless they involve lynching me because I'm so done with that shit.

Have I mentioned Glorfindel yet? He's new and maybe doesn't have a great sense of the game yet, but his "power role" comment reminded me of Illy claiming to be a vanilla civvie in Buffy Mafia... a game without vanilla civvies. Maybe it's a reach and he just wasn't taking the more passive roles into a count, or maybe he just doesn't know them (it always takes me a bit to really get my mind around the roles). But whatever the case is, it stood out to me so that's a thing.

also i was reading some of my old posts and i'm pretty sure i've been mafia'ing while on my sleepy pills a lot... this is kinda funny, i'm really bad at sentences sometimes. i blame them for how much slower i've been in the last few days.
I did not feel any better about him. I mostly get what he's saying but the way it read did not leave me thinking Enrique likes Unicorns and Kittens. The last part in green sealed it up for me.

I was surprised to see, these posts right after...
Canucklehead wrote:So I'm more or less caught up, in a Canuckleheadian sense of being "caught up" (i.e. I've lightly skimmed the many pages I missed, but read fairly thoroughly the last page or two).
I get that zebra is a "poke the cat and consider the bites you get in response" kind of player, so that is no doubt a reason for her going hard at Enrique, but reading his responses is not making me think he's bad at all. Super townie vibes there for me. :shrug:

These are two players I respect, and never trust so it looks to me as they are defending. I just don't get a general genuine, or civvie vibe from the post directly above these comments. So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Roxy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Dom wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

*PING*
For what?
No bc bass is dead and reinforcing your vote reasoning at this point only serves to make you suspicious in my eyes.
Are you reading my posts?
I'm not reinforcing my reasoning for voting him in this game... I made a goof? What are you even talking about
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

@mm

I have read over bass's posts and i honestly can't tell you why he was lynched let alone had a single vote. Here is the post history for Bass_the_Clever. As I had previously stated I could not recall why he was considered to be suspicious therefore I placed my vote on Enrique instead. I am not sure how this made me your number one suspect. In fact, that is as suspicious as bass's Lynch. 6 players voted for bass. Of those the only player only zebra seems to have provided a reason in her ISO which basically stated that her suspicions were based on lack of content/participation.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

bcornett24 wrote:@mm

I have read over bass's posts and i honestly can't tell you why he was lynched let alone had a single vote. Here is the post history for Bass_the_Clever. As I had previously stated I could not recall why he was considered to be suspicious therefore I placed my vote on Enrique instead. I am not sure how this made me your number one suspect. In fact, that is as suspicious as bass's Lynch. 6 players voted for bass. Of those the only player only zebra seems to have provided a reason in her ISO which basically stated that her suspicions were based on lack of content/participation.
I agree, I find the Bass voters more suspicious than the Enrique voters. In particular Simon, who offered no reason, and Ninja, who had not mentioned Bass at all prior to her vote post. In addition, both of those votes came once Bass was already taking votes, making them seem particularly opportunistic.

I also don't get Enrique's fixation with Russ. He thinks Russ is a Tusken, yeah? But the role page says they "want to be left alone in peace." That sounds more of a survive to the end kind of thing to me.

Roxy acting as if Dom's Bass comment was suspicious after he clarified it was an error, combined with her equating my vote for her with the Bass voters, does give Zebra's claims re: Roxy more credit, imo.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Black Rock wrote:After this post by Enrique
Enrique wrote:

I did not feel any better about him. I mostly get what he's saying but the way it read did not leave me thinking Enrique likes Unicorns and Kittens. The last part in green sealed it up for me.

I was surprised to see, these posts right after...
Canucklehead wrote:So I'm more or less caught up, in a Canuckleheadian sense of being "caught up" (i.e. I've lightly skimmed the many pages I missed, but read fairly thoroughly the last page or two).

These are two players I respect, and never trust so it looks to me as they are defending. I just don't get a general genuine, or civvie vibe from the post directly above these comments. So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
For me it's mostly a tone thing. It reads to me as though Enrique's posts are consistently attmepting to engage with zebra in good faith (though they're obviously talking past each other about what good faith engagement consists of), and his emotional swells (frustration, anger, disbelief) seem like a genuine response to me. I think this is because the emotion I'm reading into the posts are quite voluble and roller-coaster-y (at one point E seems too pissed to continue engaging, checks out a bit, but then comes back later with renewed effort and posts a bigass post that retains some flippancy towards Z, but is actually full of content), and to me this changeability is actually more of a civ trait then a baddie one. It's really, really hard to manufacture a range of emotional responses to accusations that you know to be true, so often baddies responses are consistently one-note (i.e. either consistently mad-as-hell "HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK THAT?! I'M SHOCKED SHOCKED I SAY!"; OR conversely, consistently calm and rational "I totally understand how you might see that, but here are all the reasons why you're wrong but don't worry dear friend I don't suspect you and am not in the least bothered by your completely lovely and welcome suspicion and let's be best friends and you see I'm not bad because I didn't get pissed, right?"). Both of these read to me as un-genuine (like, if I'm not bad and someone keeps pushing me on it, I'm going to start to get pissed regardless of how rational and calm my initial response might have been. Conversely, if someone's suspicion of me pisses me right off, the more I engage with them and others, the less insane and rage-y I tend to feel about their wrongful accusation). Baddies are emotionally monotone: they either stay pissed, or stay rational, because their responses aren't 100% real/in the moment/genuine, and are always at least a little manufactured, and are therefore clumsier and blunter than actual, off the cuff emotional responses. The range Enrique displayed in his responses is either excellent acting, or genuine, imho.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

For the record, I'm actually seeing a little bit of anger-monotony going on in Roxy's interactions with Z, which means I have a bit of an eye on her. There's not enough there yet to really push me one way or the other, but I am paying attention to that dynamic.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Sock here. I've been tired and swamped. I'll be back tomorrow before EoD.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
Possibly, the correct identity of who I'm defending.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

I have read over all of Enrique posts but i don't have the ability to properly post from mobile. I don't feel great about and I will say I don't feel good about him and I will share detailed thoughts about this later and provide an ISO.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 155

Post by DrWilgy »

Still catching up. I noticed Dragon D. Luffy asking who the hell is Wilgy. If you are reading this, I would like you to know... I'm most definitely a doctor! bwahahahahahaha!

*Wilgy flying kicks through a wall into a room with DFaraday and points to him*

DFaraday! What... Or why were you pinged by bubbles regarding Matt from night 1? Do not answer this if you have already done so. I will read it soon enough if that is the case.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Goodness, I've got a lot to read.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Luke11646 »

Epignosis wrote:Master Yoda says:

Be trusted Enrique cannot. To be on the side of good MovingPictures appears. So friendly some of his words are not. Watched, he must be. Said to be manipulative, zebra's actions are. To consider something we need. Herh herh herh.
I trust Yoda, so I'm voting For Enrique
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I'm glad mafia team 1 finally made it.

Luke you appear out of nowhere and vote for Enrique? I could go for a Luke vote today because of this. I'm thinking about Enrique some more I might be tunneling on him ever so slightly.
Any theories for why Dragon was killed?
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:I'm glad mafia team 1 finally made it.

Luke you appear out of nowhere and vote for Enrique? I could go for a Luke vote today because of this. I'm thinking about Enrique some more I might be tunneling on him ever so slightly.
Any theories for why Dragon was killed?
On the contrary sig. Your insistence to read Luke like a regular player even after having played what, three? four? Games with him? Makes you look really opportunistic here.

I'm not calling that vote scummy, I'm calling it extremely low effort.

Lots of feigned effort in this post.

U bad? Yes, I think u bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I didn't say I'd vote for him, I said I could since besides Enrique I've got nothing.
I've played two games with Luke one we were teammates.In both games he was mafia. So I don't know his civ play but popping in and voting for a player who has been mentioned is something he seemed to do.

Though I don't understand how should I be reading Luke if not like a regular player?
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”