71%

Total votes: 14
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 3]

Post by a2thezebra »

bcornett24 wrote:@mm

I have read over bass's posts and i honestly can't tell you why he was lynched let alone had a single vote. Here is the post history for Bass_the_Clever. As I had previously stated I could not recall why he was considered to be suspicious therefore I placed my vote on Enrique instead. I am not sure how this made me your number one suspect. In fact, that is as suspicious as bass's Lynch. 6 players voted for bass. Of those the only player only zebra seems to have provided a reason in her ISO which basically stated that her suspicions were based on lack of content/participation.
Okay I'm only speaking for my own Bass vote here but I did not just vote for Bass because of lack of content. If that was the case then why didn't I vote for any other low poster? Bass pinged me with more than half of his posts. I was wrong of course, but I do not think my vote was unjustified, just uninformed.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Canucklehead wrote:
Black Rock wrote:After this post by Enrique
Spoiler: show
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Why are you afraid of controversial opinions? If they're genuine then they should help you. And if you're not up for ISO'ing everyone (believe me I don't blame you) at least give a list of your reads.
I'm sticking to Russ being who I think he is. Yes, that's a bunch of dots to connect through speculation instead of concrete knowledge but I really really believe it. MP would've been his most likely partner, I still expect developments on this and especially a reaction from Russ who's been absent for a while, but I'm not nearly as confident on this. MP's most recent comments have boded well, but then there's the issue of the Day 0 softball and then that weird as hell interaction the other day. I don't know. But I'm guessing if Yoda had any information at all, which he might not, he was going off what he knows about MP. (Yes, I let unsupported speculation get in the way of my thoughts a lot.)

I think Roxy missed the whole point of the randomized vote dealio. Like, you're allowed to say it's just a coincidence, it only gets weird when you start going back and forth as to whether other people's reasons are relevant or not. If it's random it's random. If it gets you in trouble, well, tough shit... you still gotta own up to it.

This is the first time I play with sig, so I don't know if this is his usual self. I feel kinda bad for calling him redundant earlier, but seriously! I've had the same thought several times over the course of this game, and I guess it's not a terrible/scum quality, but it is when you're stubbornly ignoring everything else. Like, I don't know, something really doesn't add up with this dude. Here at the beginning of the game he's like "hey Enri, that is actually incorrect, but maybe we're just overthinking it!" and then out of nowhere when I'm becoming a hot topic kaboom! He uses that same post against me! Oh wait what the fuck. I went looking for this post the other day but I couldn't find it, so I assumed I had just hallucinated it and was being unfair to bring it up. Here he straight up says "I don't think it's lynch worthy, just an observation." But the more he thinks about that observation, the less he likes my posts. I'm being hit from other angles too at this point, that's true, but he never mentions any of that. He went back and forth over that same post over and over. (the post i linked reminds me that anyone still claiming that their vote was "the least negative on the civvies" is still complete bullshit. what more could you ask for than yavin ffs). Here he votes for me, after re-reading my post (again. he sure seems fixated), and I remember calling him two-faced, then later apologizing because I was imagining things. Nahh he actually did me dirty. (i AM sorry if that came off as personal in any way. but really it's not my intention, we're playing a game here)

Sorry if this was still a ton of content about me. But onto other things about him, he's reminding me a lot of Matt's game in Pet Sounds. Questions, questions, clarifications, questions, general inoffensiveness. He's present in the thread, but not really going anywhere except for the "VOTE ENRIQUE" hot button which gets more and more aggressive each time. I DO have a problem with the way some people reacted to my poisoning revelation. You're guilty of this too, Zeeb. It keeps being played as "but this doesn't mean you're good" "you could still be mafia" etc etc and using it against me when by your own admission it doesn't say anything one way or another! I'm stuck in a position where there's nothing I can do, because I still don't wanna die and I still stand by my town-ness but people treat it as something bad.

Shit I made it about me again. I'm bad at this. But want some interesting insights? Counterwagons are a thing! Baddies get poisoned too! A post mimicking another looks EXACTLY like the other, and it's suspicious! The Empire didn't kill! (ok, maybe that last one is a bit unfair because it's the same kind of speculative shit that i love, but he doesn't go anywhere at all with it... btw wouldn't it be hilarious if mishimeals was darth vader and that's why they didn't kill. take note for when their replacement comes in.)

Zeeb made this same point about me, that I apparently only talk about myself and apparently am not really contributing on other fronts. Am I allowed to say the same about somebody else? Because dang, I've been accused of having "easy opinions," but there's enough controversy surrounding me that you obviously know I have those and more. I don't know what sig's opinions are because he's playing such a safe and inoffensive game.

Golden stands as a player whose wavelengths I can at least get a sense of. BC kinda lost me with the way he voted and his justifications. You don't need an ISO on everyone to know what's going on in the thread. He's doing an ISO on Bass but doesn't remember his content? Yeah I'm not following.

MacDougall is a confusing person and I look forward to his thoughts today unless they involve lynching me because I'm so done with that shit.

Have I mentioned Glorfindel yet? He's new and maybe doesn't have a great sense of the game yet, but his "power role" comment reminded me of Illy claiming to be a vanilla civvie in Buffy Mafia... a game without vanilla civvies. Maybe it's a reach and he just wasn't taking the more passive roles into a count, or maybe he just doesn't know them (it always takes me a bit to really get my mind around the roles). But whatever the case is, it stood out to me so that's a thing.

also i was reading some of my old posts and i'm pretty sure i've been mafia'ing while on my sleepy pills a lot... this is kinda funny, i'm really bad at sentences sometimes. i blame them for how much slower i've been in the last few days.
I did not feel any better about him. I mostly get what he's saying but the way it read did not leave me thinking Enrique likes Unicorns and Kittens. The last part in green sealed it up for me.

I was surprised to see, these posts right after...
Canucklehead wrote:So I'm more or less caught up, in a Canuckleheadian sense of being "caught up" (i.e. I've lightly skimmed the many pages I missed, but read fairly thoroughly the last page or two).
I get that zebra is a "poke the cat and consider the bites you get in response" kind of player, so that is no doubt a reason for her going hard at Enrique, but reading his responses is not making me think he's bad at all. Super townie vibes there for me. :shrug:
Golden wrote:I thought we had lynched Matt F, but I think Enrique is his ghost!

I think Enrique is sincere and I'm not really as suspicious of him any more as I was yesterday. I think his responses have made sense and seemed genuine. However, I'm not going to entertain this notion of the dots he has put together at all. Enrique, you may believe it all you like, but I don't think you are right about it.
These are two players I respect, and never trust so it looks to me as they are defending. I just don't get a general genuine, or civvie vibe from the post directly above these comments. So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
For me it's mostly a tone thing. It reads to me as though Enrique's posts are consistently attmepting to engage with zebra in good faith (though they're obviously talking past each other about what good faith engagement consists of), and his emotional swells (frustration, anger, disbelief) seem like a genuine response to me. I think this is because the emotion I'm reading into the posts are quite voluble and roller-coaster-y (at one point E seems too pissed to continue engaging, checks out a bit, but then comes back later with renewed effort and posts a bigass post that retains some flippancy towards Z, but is actually full of content), and to me this changeability is actually more of a civ trait then a baddie one. It's really, really hard to manufacture a range of emotional responses to accusations that you know to be true, so often baddies responses are consistently one-note (i.e. either consistently mad-as-hell "HOW DARE YOU EVEN THINK THAT?! I'M SHOCKED SHOCKED I SAY!"; OR conversely, consistently calm and rational "I totally understand how you might see that, but here are all the reasons why you're wrong but don't worry dear friend I don't suspect you and am not in the least bothered by your completely lovely and welcome suspicion and let's be best friends and you see I'm not bad because I didn't get pissed, right?"). Both of these read to me as un-genuine (like, if I'm not bad and someone keeps pushing me on it, I'm going to start to get pissed regardless of how rational and calm my initial response might have been. Conversely, if someone's suspicion of me pisses me right off, the more I engage with them and others, the less insane and rage-y I tend to feel about their wrongful accusation). Baddies are emotionally monotone: they either stay pissed, or stay rational, because their responses aren't 100% real/in the moment/genuine, and are always at least a little manufactured, and are therefore clumsier and blunter than actual, off the cuff emotional responses. The range Enrique displayed in his responses is either excellent acting, or genuine, imho.
Damn it, I'm convinced.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:Still catching up. I noticed Dragon D. Luffy asking who the hell is Wilgy. If you are reading this, I would like you to know... I'm most definitely a doctor! bwahahahahahaha!

*Wilgy flying kicks through a wall into a room with DFaraday and points to him*

DFaraday! What... Or why were you pinged by bubbles regarding Matt from night 1? Do not answer this if you have already done so. I will read it soon enough if that is the case.
Well, at least this is something.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Because Luke's not a regular player. This is my third (?) game with him and to me he is officially impossible to read. But that being said, you yourself come dangerously close to that same position for different reasons so I'm not comfortable suspecting you for any particular action either, unlike Mac. After thinking about Enrique's responses and seeing others' reactions towards them, I no longer think he is bad but I will be keeping an eye on him in case I was swayed too easily. At the moment, my vote is most likely going towards Roxy. To me she comes across as that perfect mafia balance where she's participating too much to be called out for lurking, but not participating enough to provide content that could be analyzed and used to find connections with her teammates. And on top of that, I don't buy her "apathetic town" shtick for one second.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Sorsha »

Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I am voting for Elohcin. I don't feel like her vote for zebra is genuine.
:P

Perhaps you are zebra's teammate.

For real though...Zebra's tone just isn't of her normal civ self imo. Could I be wrong, sure. But I think Bass and Enri both have a good chance of being civ. So I didn't want to place my vote on either.
As far as I know I'm not on zebras team, I'm a part of the rebel alliance so if she is too then yes, we are teammates.

So what changed for you between day one and day two? Because on day one you voted for Enrique but now you think he is civ? That's why I voted you btw, your change with no explanation and your vote out of the blue with no explanation.

Can you quote posts of zebra's that are showing her non civvie tone? I'm not trying to defend her but like bass, it seems like zebra is quite easy to lynch at times as well.... Or at least gets herself into trouble early.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Me? Easy to lynch? Poppycock!
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Maybe it's nk's that keep taking you out.... It just seems like you're out fairly early in the last few games. :shrug:

But I am feeling the arguments I've seen about you being bad as pretty good so far so :shrug: :shrug:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So I'll be around for a few hours before EoD tomorrow, but I may pop on here tonight making some drunk posts (going out with some fellow accounting and finance PhDs). :beer:

Doubt I'll actually read until tomorrow (still need to properly catch up and respond since I've been busy with work and hanging out with the wife), but I'll possibly be around to drunk mafia in real time with whoever is here.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Sorsha wrote:Maybe it's nk's that keep taking you out.... It just seems like you're out fairly early in the last few games. :shrug:

But I am feeling the arguments I've seen about you being bad as pretty good so far so :shrug: :shrug:
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:So I'll be around for a few hours before EoD tomorrow, but I may pop on here tonight making some drunk posts (going out with some fellow accounting and finance PhDs). :beer:
Sorry, this is what popped in my head when I read this

Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So I'll be around for a few hours before EoD tomorrow, but I may pop on here tonight making some drunk posts (going out with some fellow accounting and finance PhDs). :beer:
Sorry, this is what popped in my head when I read this

This
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

a2thezebra wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Maybe it's nk's that keep taking you out.... It just seems like you're out fairly early in the last few games. :shrug:

I'm trying but once I start reading some of these long ass posts in this thread I lose motivation
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Bubbles »

voting zebra for voting bass, and because i don't think enrique is bad from his tone. and i don't want to miss another vote so that's why i'm posting now!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This is your third. Post.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm just going to leave this here while I have some pasta.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey, YOU, player reading and hardly posting.

Guess what?

You're a low poster.
You hear me? You will be feeling the heat. You better participate soon. NOT posting is NOT a strategy to play the game, regardless of your alignment. :srsnod:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

a2thezebra wrote:This is your third. Post.
:meany:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

Canucklehead wrote:For the record, I'm actually seeing a little bit of anger-monotony going on in Roxy's interactions with Z, which means I have a bit of an eye on her. There's not enough there yet to really push me one way or the other, but I am paying attention to that dynamic.
I agree with this, I've put both of them on the watch list.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
Possibly, the correct identity of who I'm defending.
I sure hope you have a reason for this post, a damn good reason.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sorsha wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I am voting for Elohcin. I don't feel like her vote for zebra is genuine.

For real though...Zebra's tone just isn't of her normal civ self imo. Could I be wrong, sure. But I think Bass and Enri both have a good chance of being civ. So I didn't want to place my vote on either.
As far as I know I'm not on zebras team, I'm a part of the rebel alliance so if she is too then yes, we are teammates.

So what changed for you between day one and day two? Because on day one you voted for Enrique but now you think he is civ? That's why I voted you btw, your change with no explanation and your vote out of the blue with no explanation.

Can you quote posts of zebra's that are showing her non civvie tone? I'm not trying to defend her but like bass, it seems like zebra is quite easy to lynch at times as well.... Or at least gets herself into trouble early.
This post doesn't sit right with me. The blue part just sounds like something a baddie Sorsha would say.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Bubbles wrote:voting zebra for voting bass, and because i don't think enrique is bad from his tone. and i don't want to miss another vote so that's why i'm posting now!
:stare:

I don't even know where to start...
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Black Rock wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

This post doesn't sit right with me. The blue part just sounds like something a baddie Sorsha would say.
Funny how that's a perfectly lie detectable statement that you don't like there BR :ponder:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

Black Rock wrote:
Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:So Canuck and Golden, what am I missing?
Possibly, the correct identity of who I'm defending.
I sure hope you have a reason for this post, a damn good reason.
I have a reason for it. It's up to you to decide if it is a good reason.

But am I right in understanding you thought I was defending Enrique? Because, I think that is a very short term view of my engagement with him in the thread. Yesterday, my vote between him and Bass was a toss up. I could have easily gone either way. However, Enrique's posts since then make me feel much more like he is being sincere. It is still important that I communicate to him my concern about his tunnelly behaviour, because I think he is drawing some rather large assumptions.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Doubt I'll actually read until tomorrow (still need to properly catch up and respond since I've been busy with work and hanging out with the wife), but I'll possibly be around to drunk mafia in real time with whoever is here.

Voting u
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 49

Post by bcornett24 »

Bubbles wrote:voting zebra for voting bass, and because i don't think enrique is bad from his tone. and i don't want to miss another vote so that's why i'm posting now!
You have exactly three posts, come in drop a vote and leave...you deserve to be lynched. This is the type of behavior that contributes to town loses.

Based on your tone, you aren't going to be around again anytime soon. I don't like this.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Why is bubbles post 'the kind of conduct that contributes to town losses'?

She gave two reads in that post. I also don't see any reason to assume she won't be back, but she is on the verge of a p-score fail so I can see her desire to vote early making sense.

What is it about bubbles content that makes her bad, bcornett? If we are to lynch people for 'not-town conduct', why not start with people like Mishimeals who haven't shown at all, or people who in their posting haven't given reads?

Your suspicion on bubbles feels like the easiest thing in the world. I agree that it would be ideal if lots of people posted more, but picking on one person and calling them out specifically for something around 10 people are doing seems very convenient.

And, after your relatively consistent suspicion on me on day one (until you ISOed me) this feels like the second time you have driven a suspicion based on CONTENT without giving any regard to whether the person's conduct is actually suspicious. When I defended myself on the basis of meta, you essentially ignored it. It feels to me like you are trying to create or jump on to reasons for suspicion that don't follow any genuine ping or reason to be suspicious of a person - but that 'sound good' and could lead to others agreeing.

Compare your own stance on bubbles to this post about not understanding why people would lynch bass:

I have read over bass's posts and i honestly can't tell you why he was lynched let alone had a single vote. Here is the post history for Bass_the_Clever. As I had previously stated I could not recall why he was considered to be suspicious therefore I placed my vote on Enrique instead. I am not sure how this made me your number one suspect. In fact, that is as suspicious as bass's Lynch. 6 players voted for bass. Of those the only player only zebra seems to have provided a reason in her ISO which basically stated that her suspicions were based on lack of content/participation.
So apparently it can't be understood when people suspect Bass for low participation, but you can suspect someone else for the same. I'm very strongly considering a vote for you today.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

Yeah, but she makes a good point. Actually, I think I made that very point yesterday. Voting Zebra too.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:

Voting u
There's almost an entire day left to vote and this is what pings you?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think Mac has sold his vote. That's the only thing that makes sense to me.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Elohcin wrote:
Yeah, but she makes a good point. Actually, I think I made that very point yesterday. Voting Zebra too.
You mean the point about me voting Bass (which again I will say is consistent from my Day 1 vote and in Day 2's case was actually more justified, even though Day 1 you had no issues with me whatsoever?) and going back-and-forth with Enrique? These "points" don't warrant a ping, let alone a vote.

linki - Then why not say so? Is there an element of the setup I'm missing which would discourage a player from admitting they sold their vote?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bubbles, are you a member of mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

So who wants to ttlak to a drunk sock?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I still need to read some postss but I just gotm home and thought I would see who is around... who is around?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

hello sockface!! I am around... who do yout hink ois a bad guy?

WELL i THINk glorfindel may be bad also sig
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Woah my typos are too much to handle... Lol
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm around.

Also, the Maffies should be posted any minute now.

Linki: Never mind, you found a friend. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

what do you all think of the marmot? I heard he can be a troubelamaker

hello marmot!!!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Maffies soon?!?!?! I need to hchewck

Linki oh man!! I m aonng read that now
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

h4y marmot who doyou think ios a bad guy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh man sorry about my typos lol
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, elo is around too, what do ytou think elo:?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

i want tot alk with someeone!! hey metalmarmotwheered you go
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

CLEARLY i shouldnt eb here lol but oh well
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:h4y marmot who doyou think ios a bad guy
Sorry, the Awards were very exciting! :clap:

I think you're mafia. Can we lynch you today?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nooooooooooo i;'n not mafiamplease don/t
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Who do you think is mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Who do you think is mafia?
uymmmm i think amybe glordinfel and sig and mayeb riss and roxy

,man i still need to talk more byt i really thijkoing florfindel
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

In your vote post, you stated you weren't finished doing your ISO of Bass. What is your definition of an ISO?

To me, an ISO is collecting all of a player's relevant posts and analyzing them to determine how civ/bad they look. Since you said you hadn't completed an ISO of Bass, I thought you had something to say about his behavior, but chose to back out on voting for him because your thoughts were incomplete.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Uh oh i think that;ss alot of typos soprry metalmarsah
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Who do you think is mafia?
uymmmm i think amybe glordinfel and sig and mayeb riss and roxy

,man i still need to talk more byt i really thijkoing florfindel
K, I'll do an ISO of Glorfindel. That sounds fun. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”