Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Night 10

Post by LoRab »

Matt wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Matt wrote:
Per the underline, SVS is tunneling me right now so I'm not sure she'll believe this, so hey Lorab, can you let SVS know that I did not know what the Obsidian Dagger (or any of the other items) did, all I had was a name to an item? Thank you.
I'm not sharing detailed information, because I think that goes against the spirit of the game.

That said, assuming we came across the information in the same way, while you may not know about the Obsidian Dagger, I can't say that it's accurate that you don't know about any of the items on the list. So, what you say is partially accurate, but not entirely truthful.
Tell me, what were your two answers? Mine was Star Gem and the Book. I should've answered Obsidian Dagger for the second answer, but it didn't even cross my mind.

As for all this "spirit of the game", I'm going by the rules set forth by our lovely hosts. If others wish to keep silent on what they have, fine, but I hardly find it against the "spirit of the game". Also, I happen to know Long Con read a personal PM from me last night not having to do with the game, yet never sent me any reprimands regarding all of this "anti-spirit of the game" stuff I've been doing, so I think it's cool peeps.
It doesn't matter what I chose and don't particularly feel like sharing in the thread what I chose. I do not think it in the best interest of the civs to do so.

Also, that it isn't against the rules does not mean that it is the spirit of the game to share specific info. And, in some ways, I mean the game in general, not this particular game. Info dumping also gets to the point where it makes the game less fun in a lot of ways (I don't think this game has gotten to that point, but I've played many games in which that was the case).

As for your point to SVS, one can use information in the thread to form opinions and as motivation for other aspects of a case on someone without actually sharing the information.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Let's all claim roles while we're at it.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

We seem to be going back and forth on this not sharing business.

Hosts - Have myself, Golden, Turnip, or any other player been reprimanded for sharing map info as of yet? If not, why not?

That should clear it all up.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

You are missing the point.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think I'm making the point. :beer:

This game is different then a regular game. It's a map game. It says don't discuss map btsc, don't discuss specific map coordinates. It actually encourages us to speak about map locations, though, if we want!! Haha! Didn't even realize that until now.
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Think of it as Scooby Doo mystery. A lot of the fun of it all would be reduced if, during the first scene, you saw the monster mask hanging out of the creepy old caretakers pocket.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

In any case, if this is your belief, all the more reason to :eye: you for not spilling the list days ago.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Think of it as Scooby Doo mystery. A lot of the fun of it all would be reduced if, during the first scene, you saw the monster mask hanging out of the creepy old caretakers pocket.
I suppose LC/BR were trying to take the fun away then by encouraging us to speak about map locations? :beer:

Linki - Lol. I think you're fibbing, SVS. I think if you were really upset at me "breaking the spirit of the game", you'd be furious and it would show. I think you're just trying to get a civvie lynched. :beer:

A couple posts ago, you even reference civvies sharing information but purposely excluding me, and the way it was said I feel like you were saying I was an excluded civvie, not an excluded baddie. This doesn't ring right to me.

Anyway, we'll see what our hosts say before we continue. Otherwise, circles.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

If Matt was Timmer's evil teammate, surely it'd benefit them both a lot more if he just kept his mouth shut about the list? I see no reason for a baddie Matt to ever bring up the list or admit to having had it for so long.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:I think I'm making the point. :beer:

This game is different then a regular game. It's a map game. It says don't discuss map btsc, don't discuss specific map coordinates. It actually encourages us to speak about map locations, though, if we want!! Haha! Didn't even realize that until now.
There's no rule against roleclaiming either. Should we all claim roles en masse? That would be helpful right?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Matt wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Think of it as Scooby Doo mystery. A lot of the fun of it all would be reduced if, during the first scene, you saw the monster mask hanging out of the creepy old caretakers pocket.
I suppose LC/BR were trying to take the fun away then by encouraging us to speak about map locations? :beer:

Linki - Lol. I think you're fibbing, SVS. I think if you were really upset at me "breaking the spirit of the game", you'd be furious and it would show. I think you're just trying to get a civvie lynched. :beer:

A couple posts ago, you even reference civvies sharing information but purposely excluding me, and the way it was said I feel like you were saying I was an excluded civvie, not an excluded baddie. This doesn't ring right to me.

Even if the hosts say noone was reprimanded, it will not change my opinion about fairness in gaming. It isn't about rules, it is about sportmanship.

And I am not furious, I am disappointed. And I am not trying to get a civvie lynched, I am trying to get a baddie lynched, Matt. Hopefully, several of them :) All of them, even.

Linki @ Bullz, I think that, they got complacent, cocky & sloppy.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Matt, I still have no idea what you are talking about. We aren't partners, man. You make no sense.
My siggie.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 10

Post by Tranq »

LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:This whole thing reminds me of MPs "parchment" in SOT. I am not liking it, and the fact that it involves the 3 people I listed in my :ponder: post answer to Dom about whom I suspected is kinda :|
I agree it is suspish that Matt did nothing about the info sooner or suspect timer earlier. I can confirm that the list exists. I think it was tranquil who originally asked the question about the item's name? I assume he has read the list as well.
Actually no. I asked because i didn't buy the story about an alignment check changing into something completely different, and i wanted to hear more about it. It's interesting to hear that list also includes the beacon of light as i think that's a Cursecrafter item.
timmer wrote:@Tranq, it was called a Figurine. The alignment of whoever s face I carved into it would be revealed to me. At this point I really don't care if you don't believe me, I've been railroaded over a single action which made perfect sense at the time. I'm kind of done with this.
I believe you!
Turnip Head wrote:
Tranq wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Hope everyone had a yummy Thanksgiving.

Tranq :rolleyes: Let me ask you this. If I was a baddie with Wilgy and poisoned, why would I even say anything about how he should have voted for me to save himself? What is the benefit for me putting that in the thread?

Golden, why are you voting for me?
Eh? You never said such a thing :p
My thought is you hinted at being poisoned because you didn't want any more votes. You had 1 vote from Golden. I'd guess a 2nd vote on you would've gotten you lynched. The fact that DrWilgy didn't vote for you (it would've saved his life) is what makes me think you're on his Circle team. DrWilgy was going down no matter what. Even if he saved himself by voting for you, he would've still be lynched next as he was a Cabal suspect. So rather than letting 2 members be lynched in a row, he wasted his vote on Golden while buying you some time to find a cure. It's also possible he somehow knew Golden was poisoned aswell, but i think that's just a coincidence.

Another reason i'm ok with leaving my vote as it is atm is your thoughts on DrWilgy went from "doesn't remind me of his civ game" during the Floyd lynch, to "he's an enigma" when DrWilgy started getting votes the next day:

Day 8:
Turnip Head wrote:Wilgy doesn't remind me at all of how he played in Recruitment IV, the only other game I played with him (he was civ). He was jokey and OT in that game, but he still had solid contributions. He doesn't seem to be taking this game seriously. His post history is sparse on content, OT or otherwise.
Day 9:
Turnip Head wrote:I agree with you about splintsy and to a lesser extent Bass. What do you see in Wilgy? He's a bit of an enigma to me.
Wilgy did not remind me of his civ game in Revruitment IV. He was also playing extremely carelessly. I don't understand what point you're making about what I said here.

As far as the hinting at poison thing, you are not reading the situation correctly. You say I didn't say something that I did in fact say, so go back and read my posts within the context of the thread. If I was on a team with Wilgy I would not have said anything at all.
My point is you went from "doesn't remind me of his civ game" Day 8 (which sounds like you don't think he's civ) to "he's an enigma" Day 9 (which sounds like you have no read on him). Sounds like your suspicion on him had decreased when he got closer to actually getting lynched.

The poison thing. Could you help me read it correctly as this is getting confusing. I went through your posts and couldn't find where you said Wilgy should've voted you to save himself.

Are you saying if you were on a team with Wilgy, you would've kept quiet and allowed yourself to be lynched instead?

Tbh i don't know what to make of you knowing you'd survive a lynch after all of this :p
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:I think I'm making the point. :beer:

There's no rule against roleclaiming either. Should we all claim roles en masse? That would be helpful right?
I'm not asking anyone to roleclaim. I'm asking to share map related info they have learned.

How about this? Instead of willy dilly anything you have learned, just things that are in the same vein as what myself, Golden, and Turnip have brought up. Surely that's not against the spirit, I know I was given permission on speaking about MM/Turnip. As well as this, anyone wanna share what they know about map locations? This is even encouraged in the rules post.

Again, I was told dark days were ahead. :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Voted no to the posting contest. I cba going through one of those again.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

timmer wrote:Matt, I still have no idea what you are talking about. We aren't partners, man. You make no sense.
Bah :meany:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Like Juliets, too little too late IMO.
Whoa. Hold the phone.

That's interesting. Do you know why this is interesting?

Because juliets, Luke, and Floyd were all on a team together. That means one more person on their team. It can't be both Timmer and I.

So SVS, question, given your quote up there towards me...do you believe I am on the Witherdeath or the Circle? And depending on your answer...no wait it doesn't depend, whatever your answer is...explain how "Like juliets too little too late" on Tiimmer. Because I can't be both of their partners.

This should be fun.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oh wait. I thought you were referring to my last minute vote on Juliets when she tied with MacD. Now I'm thinking you were referring to her being too little too late bussing one of her partners.

Derp.

I'm getting drained defending myself over here. The only person in this game (that I know of) that might have an inkling to my civvieness is Dom, so I hope he speaks up, but with his latest posts he seems to think I might not be good anymore, so blah.

:puppy:
Image Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Matt wrote:Oh wait. I thought you were referring to my last minute vote on Juliets when she tied with MacD. Now I'm thinking you were referring to her being too little too late bussing one of her partners.

Derp.

I'm getting drained defending myself over here. The only person in this game (that I know of) that might have an inkling to my civvieness is Dom, so I hope he speaks up, but with his latest posts he seems to think I might not be good anymore, so blah.

:puppy:
Maybe if you weren't trying to ambush people? :shrug:
My siggie.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Timmer - Do you still have a strong suspicion of Golden or is he no longer on your suspect list?

SVS - Listen, I admit I always think your bad. Even in this game, I haven't even brought it up, because I think "No Matt, you always think this." But you know what? I know in a recent game of ours you thought I was bad (and you were wrong) and in multiple in the games in the past, I know we've clashed because we constantly suspect each other.

Can you do me a favor and at least, consider, that being in so many games at once along with starting a new job, preempted my normal tunnelness. You are correct that if I had put two and two together, sure as shit I would've been all over Timmer regarding the Obsidian Dagger, but it simply never crossed my mind. And AS SOON as Tranq said something, it clicked, and yep, as you know me all too well, I was all over it.

I don't know. But before it's too late and you can't come back from thinking of me as a baddie, can you consider what I've said here? Can we at least lynch Timmer first?

Tranq - You said you believe Timmer about the Figurine. Can you say why or is this one of those against the spirit of the game things where we just have to simply trust your vagueness?
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Tranq wrote:My point is you went from "doesn't remind me of his civ game" Day 8 (which sounds like you don't think he's civ) to "he's an enigma" Day 9 (which sounds like you have no read on him). Sounds like your suspicion on him had decreased when he got closer to actually getting lynched.
He did not remind me of his civ game, and I couldn't figure out why he was playing such a reckless game. Even baddies try to conform to their civ metas. Wilgy didn't try to do that IMO. I couldn't figure out his angle.
Tranq wrote:The poison thing. Could you help me read it correctly as this is getting confusing. I went through your posts and couldn't find where you said Wilgy should've voted you to save himself.
I was talking directly to Golden when I said this, in response to something Golden said about Wilgy voting for him. You picked up on the rest of my hints so I'm not sure why this one is eluding you.
Tranq wrote:Are you saying if you were on a team with Wilgy, you would've kept quiet and allowed yourself to be lynched instead?
No, that is not what I'm saying.
Tranq wrote:Tbh i don't know what to make of you knowing you'd survive a lynch after all of this :p
Indeed :ponder:

Did you think I was poisoned when you voted for me, Tranq?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Matt wrote:

there is ways to share info not in the thread. This game has the potential for a lot of civvie btsc.
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think Matt is adrift on a lonely island, trying to rub two twigs together to make a fire.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

@ Matt: I was kidding.
@ TH: Yes.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Turnip Head wrote:
Tranq wrote:The poison thing. Could you help me read it correctly as this is getting confusing. I went through your posts and couldn't find where you said Wilgy should've voted you to save himself.
I was talking directly to Golden when I said this, in response to something Golden said about Wilgy voting for him. You picked up on the rest of my hints so I'm not sure why this one is eluding you.
You're talking about this post:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:So you think there would be a better candidate for him to choose than the person who they poisoned on night one?

Or, is it a different point you are making?
No, I think there would be no better candidate than that. That is absolutely the point that I'm making.
You asked me this:
Turnip Head wrote:Tranq :rolleyes: Let me ask you this. If I was a baddie with Wilgy and poisoned, why would I even say anything about how he should have voted for me to save himself? What is the benefit for me putting that in the thread?
What's the point in asking me these questions? The post you're talking about was made Night 9, after DrWilgy's lynch. How is this a defense for not being Wilgy's teammate?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

If you can't see how that would be a stupid thing for me to say if I'm Wilgy's teammate, I don't know what to tell you.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

You could tell me why that would be a stupid thing for you to say if you were Wilgy's teammate.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Because why bring up that my teammate should have voted for me? :huh:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:In any case, if this is your belief, all the more reason to :eye: you for not spilling the list days ago.
^^^^
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hosts - If the Living Statue were lynched, would they come up as their most current alignment or Indy as they started off as?
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Noooooooooo!!! This was not an option on the current poll, so I just picked No.

Interesting to see that no one died for this lynch. I think it's obvious why TH was up for the lunch, but why he survived is another question.
I'm anxious to see the result of a Timmer lynch
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Accidentally hit submit early. One sec

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm more anxious to see the result of a Timmer lynch now that this whole list thing has come up. FWIW I had no knowledge of this list.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Posting contests are fun. :nicenod:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Posting contests are fun. :nicenod:
No one asked you!!! :p

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Draconus wrote:
No one asked you!!! :p
I asked me. :D
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

It's okay to be wrong :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
It's okay to be wrong :)
Good! Because you happened to be talking to MirrorPictures07, which means you're talking to yourself. :srsnod:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, MP Spamaster Deluxe lol.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:Wow, MP Spamaster Deluxe lol.
Now available in all Syndicate stores near you!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Nub MP :p

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Draconus wrote:Nub myself :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Draconus wrote:I'm awesome :p

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I emant to vote no on the poll. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

-= Target =-

Long Con watched with greater and greater interest as the events below played out. "Look now, the Witherdeath Cabal is going after Bullzeye! I never would have predicted such a thing!" Even as he spoke, the magic of Witherdeath caused black tentacles to rise up from the ground and wrap Bullzeye up, dragging his spirit from his body into a torturous afterlife of negative energy.

Bullzeye has been killed by the Witherdeath Cabal. Sorry for the late and short post!

It is now Day 11.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Baddies suck :(
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: bullz
Gro-oo-ovy
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

No poll? :puppy:

rip bullz
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

RIPIYWG Bullz.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hmmm, yes... well it was a late night last night and tired Host forgot about that poll thingy. Well, it wouldn't do to have a poll cycle start at that time anyway. Go ahead and place your votes in-thread, and I'll make a 24-hour poll tonight between 10 and 11 pm EST. I'll check my PMs now, also PM me if I missed anything. Sometimes a Host just has to go out on Saturday night. :srsnod:

Return to “Previous Jobs”