Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by a2thezebra »

I gotcha. Consider my ping voided.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

We interrupt this Mafia programme to bring you a special bulletin.

The MacDougall mega list of confirmed scum and confirmed townies

Confirmed townies;

1. Enrique
2. Zebra

Confirmed scum;

1. Diiny
2. FZ

Confirmed lame;

1. JaggedJimmyJay

Resume regular transmission.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

Moving to FZ for self prez and that.

Someone tell me why they're voting me when Wilgy is literally just lying and there's no such thing as a non vt peek
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Confirmed by a mechanic that d o e s n ' t e x i s t mac?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Enrique »

Diiny wrote:Moving to FZ for self prez and that.

Someone tell me why they're voting me when Wilgy is literally just lying and there's no such thing as a non vt peek
Because that doesn't make you good.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I haven't decided on a final vote yet and am still willing to entertain all options. Here's my suspicion though.

I also think it took you a tad too long to attack Wilgy's premise, because a townie knows he's lying instantly by virtue of the rolecard and not the fact that the red peek isn't actually possible.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I responded quick, but sensed a townie ruse/gambit that I didn't want to spoil. As time passed I was less sure- much less sure.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

And I wasn't just less sure over time because I had a think about it, the likelihood of it being a ruse I could get behind decreased due to the nature of what I thought it was; a thing where he'll turn around and see if he could get anyone else to hop on and then vilify them or something.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Enrique wrote:

Elaborate, pls, are you saying it makes me look bad?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I always ruffle a few tail feathers on day 1 but this is ridiculous, unless I'm leading because of wilgy's word which is even more ridiculous

:confused:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

I wish I had more time to personally address this in a thorough way instead of just rendering advice, but yanno. I gotta get to sleep now, but I'll be back tomorrow with plenty of time to spare. I hope it continues to be an active discussion.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:@Epignosis:

I can understand why someone might perceive your move against Floyd to be one that promotes a policy lynch. Actually your stated reason for placing the vote is rather policy-oriented.
Epignosis wrote:Far too many times have I witnessed Mafia coast to endgame by staying out of it. If Floyd is Mafia, then I have no intention of letting him coast. If he's a civilian, then he's not contributing and wins if he's dead anyway (from what I understand).
The highlighted portion is the definition of a lurker policy lynch. Your vote is motivated by his inactivity -- his chronic inactivity (suggests to me that your perspective extends beyond the boundaries of this game, if that's untrue then say so). Inactive players can be anything and lynching them is by nature a roll of the dice. For this reason, a vote for anyone who has actually done something suspicious, however one might define that -- think in Zebra's mindset here, would be a better vote.

Zebra has expressed plenty of suspicions, so his preferred votes shouldn't need elaborating.
Considering what I posted, this is a curious thing on which to concentrate. No comment on a2z's zebra shit response to FZ.?

I only cited the above as a hypocritical example of misrepresentation on zebra's part. My vote of Floyd is decidedly NOT personal (policy is even the dictionary antonym of personal). zebra is therefore misrepresenting me. My point is that zebra's suspicion of FZ. is hypocritical- at best.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Post by motel room »

Enrique wrote::eye: firmly on motel. Sorsha's cool.
ohh no you dont, explain why there cowboy
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

u first tiger
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Diiny wrote:
Enrique wrote:

Elaborate, pls, are you saying it makes me look bad?
Maybe there are reasons for suspecting you besides Wilgy's claim (except for FZ of course). After all, his claim didn't even happen until after Floyd had already jumped on your "wagon" remember?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:(policy is even the dictionary antonym of personal).
Must...resist...temptation...to start pointless unnecessary semantics war with Epi...does this give you a better idea of why I decided to enter observer mode, JJJ?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:(policy is even the dictionary antonym of personal).
Must...resist...temptation...to start pointless unnecessary semantics war with Epi...does this give you a better idea of why I decided to enter observer mode, JJJ?
If something is based on policy, then it isn't personal. Simple.

If that's not the case, then stop misusing the word "policy."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

I wish I had more time to personally address this in a thorough way instead of just rendering advice, but yanno. I gotta get to sleep now, but I'll be back tomorrow with plenty of time to spare. I hope it continues to be an active discussion.
Counterpoint, Diiny is scum and you are being contrarian for reasons.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Enrique wrote:u first tiger
right, i'm suss of you because of your little hop away from your Diiny vote to voting Wilgy after his cop claim, to getting back on Diiny. Reads like you didn't know where to sit and now have a theory involving them both being scum.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Diiny wrote:Probably gonna switch to FZ for self preservation soon

Pretty soon I'm gonna change my vote. Heeere goes, look..

This is a 48 hour day. Self preservation now?
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

"curious thing to concentrate"

AHEM. Alright guys, lemme clarify what I meant to say, for Epi's sake.

*clears throat*

Epi is advocating a non-town-benefiting lynch based on a more-likely-than-not-personal issue with Floyd? Is that better?

Nope, never mind, I can't do this. I can't bullshit so blatantly as this. It's a policy lynch, and it's for personal reasons. There's no way to sugarcoat it. If a politician is advocating for harsher policies against abortion, that might be because they have a personal issue with it that relates to their morals. If a player personally feels that another player has chronic non-participation problems, they might advocate a policy lynch against that player. Simple.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:"curious thing to concentrate"

AHEM. Alright guys, lemme clarify what I meant to say, for Epi's sake.

*clears throat*

Epi is advocating a non-town-benefiting lynch based on a more-likely-than-not-personal issue with Floyd? Is that better?

Nope, never mind, I can't do this. I can't bullshit so blatantly as this. It's a policy lynch, and it's for personal reasons. There's no way to sugarcoat it. If a politician is advocating for harsher policies against abortion, that might be because they have a personal issue with it that relates to their morals. If a player personally feels that another player has chronic non-participation problems, they might advocate a policy lynch against that player. Simple.
In games past we have had no qualms lynching him (when scum and not scum) due to his in game contributions however lax they are.

Ergo I feel that Epi's rationalisation that we must lynch him day 1 because of a pereceived lack of input and/or the inferred inability for civs to read into his intentions is actually an incorrect rationalisation and one that coming from who it's coming from is one that I can easily see being scum attempting to not try very hard at all on day 1 because Epignosis has been privy to almost all examples to the contrary of the point he is trying to demonstrate.

In and of itself is low content production a reason to lynch a player on day 1 as a policy? If yes, is Epignosis the type to attempt this on day 1, a particularly active healthy day 1. If no, is Epignosis the type to push for a fallacious policy lynch?

If low content production is a good policy lynch reason, then let's argue whether Floyd genuinely is a low content producer? I would say no for the purposes of analysing him. While sheer volume is down on most other players, he has a tendency for posting things that are quite easy to read into. So again, for Epignosis to postulate that he is the type of low poster that must be lynched day 1 lest he become a problem, which is the inference of a policy lynch, irks me greatly.

Ergo Epignosis is now a bad guy to me. Take that Epignosis. Take that right in the batty.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm actually somewhere between neutral and town on Epignosis, I just think he's putting semantics on too high of a pedestal. He didn't even realize I was being self-deprecating with the Ayn Rand comment.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm actually somewhere between neutral and town on Epignosis, I just think he's putting semantics on too high of a pedestal. He didn't even realize I was being self-deprecating with the Ayn Rand comment.
He is a busy boy. So perhaps he just phoning it in.

That being said NAY I will not be allowing excuses of such nature. Epignosis you are a bad guy. Core bad. Bad to the marrow.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm actually somewhere between neutral and town on Epignosis, I just think he's putting semantics on too high of a pedestal. He didn't even realize I was being self-deprecating with the Ayn Rand comment.
He is a busy boy. So perhaps he just phoning it in.

That being said NAY I will not be allowing excuses of such nature. Epignosis you are a bad guy. Core bad. Bad to the marrow.
Are you advocating a policy lynch? :P
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

motel room wrote:
right, i'm suss of you because of your little hop away from your Diiny vote to voting Wilgy after his cop claim, to getting back on Diiny. Reads like you didn't know where to sit and now have a theory involving them both being scum.
I want to hear YOUR opinion on Diiny.

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
edgy as it may be I'm not as certain Diiny is scum

Why are you suspicious of me like you said?
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:

U r bad 2 the bown.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:

The way you're dodging questions and overall saying as little as possible, misplaced faith on Wilgy, vote on FZ. You haven't given me one reason to trust you.
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:

The way you're dodging questions and overall saying as little as possible, misplaced faith on Wilgy, vote on FZ. You haven't given me one reason to trust you.
That's a lot of things to be dodging that I've done made a stand on. Not buying it.

My vote on FZ was from the weird defensiveness of that wager she dropped so early on. Will it stay? Let's see.

Why did you vote Diiny in the first place?
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Diiny wrote:It's clearly an omgus just without my vote on him. I pressure him, he calls me hypocritical (incorrectly) and leaves after, content with flinging his vote onto the only wagon quickly behind the first two votes.

Look at the actual posts, I make a fair analysis of the guy, and if that wasn't fair enough after his vote I explain my stance further. Why did you see why he voted for me? Because I was the wagon and he's looking for an easy place to drop dat vote? Because I totally agree :)
Excuse me? Am I not permitted to engage in social activities and my essential education?
That is insanely rude of you to suggest I call you hypocritical (which I didn't) and leave.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Pet Sounds Floyd posts

He got decently involved and even put up a rainbow, but on Day 1 he was pretty quiet.
Bare in mind I'm still trying to find my feet. Usually if I notice something I want to make noted, someone already beats me to it. It also doesn't help I'm on a different time zone to everyone, the "rush hour" here tends to be while I'm at school, which is pretty inconvenient when you've got teachers breathing down your back.
MacDougall wrote: The MacDougall mega list of confirmed scum and confirmed townies

Confirmed townies;

1. Enrique
2. Zebra

Confirmed scum;

1. Diiny
2. FZ
Can't disagree with that.
Enrique wrote:I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
Can't disagree with that either.

At the moment, Diiny, Wilgy and FZ are on my scum radar.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by FZ. »

Out of all the votes on me, Sorsha's seems the most opportunistic. I said that the exact reason I'm choosing to trust Wilgy's information is the fact that in the game she's talking about, I almost saved the baddie because I was looking anywhere but the obvious information. It was a bad game on my part, but in my defence, the roles weren't as simple as this game. The fact that Sorsha chose to ignore my post and just latch on my other posts, makes me :eye: her big time.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

Looks like civ Floyd to me...

What puts me on your scumdar Floyd?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:

That's a lot of things to be dodging that I've done made a stand on. Not buying it.

My vote on FZ was from the weird defensiveness of that wager she dropped so early on. Will it stay? Let's see.

Why did you vote Diiny in the first place?
My wager was because zebra was annoying me. I admit. Sorry I can't stay cool when people are so full of shit. It's a bad habit I'm trying to lose, but no success yet.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Sorsha »

FZ. wrote:Out of all the votes on me, Sorsha's seems the most opportunistic. I said that the exact reason I'm choosing to trust Wilgy's information is the fact that in the game she's talking about, I almost saved the baddie because I was looking anywhere but the obvious information. It was a bad game on my part, but in my defence, the roles weren't as simple as this game. The fact that Sorsha chose to ignore my post and just latch on my other posts, makes me :eye: her big time.
:ponder: I suppose I should give you credit for not playing like you did in that game.

I don't believe that wilgy got a peek at a baddie though.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:It's clearly an omgus just without my vote on him. I pressure him, he calls me hypocritical (incorrectly) and leaves after, content with flinging his vote onto the only wagon quickly behind the first two votes.

Look at the actual posts, I make a fair analysis of the guy, and if that wasn't fair enough after his vote I explain my stance further. Why did you see why he voted for me? Because I was the wagon and he's looking for an easy place to drop dat vote? Because I totally agree :)
Excuse me? Am I not permitted to engage in social activities and my essential education?
Stop trying to make it seem like that's my line of reasoning. You're either taking offense for no reason or deliberately misinterpreting what I'm saying. We all have social lives and things to do, Floyd. And yet, here we all are. I'm not even saying I wouldn't be ok with you flat out missing a day because of other shit. This is just a game, after all. But it's how you use the time you're on here (and you were on for a good while) that is telling. The activity you had on that day was nothing. Your vote for me isn't made ANY better by your lack of time. You could've easily told the thread you were busy like a couple of people have done already. But no, you choose to bring it up now without warning in an attempt to besmirch me.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
TheFloyd73 wrote:That is insanely rude of you to suggest I call you hypocritical (which I didn't) and leave.
Maybe you didn't literally say it but that was your reason for voting. Unless it's not, in which case I'm interested as to why you are. Is it because the mechanic that doesn't exist says I'm scum?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

...don't call me rude, man. :(
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

folks, you really need to elaborate why you're voting for me so I can convince you otherwise. Let's start day 1 with a scum lynch.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:FZ's grappling with Wilgy makes sense to me, it's a confusing situation, and FZ strikes me as someone wanting to get to the bottom of it quick. What gives me more pause is her stance on me which isn't very solid. I'd be glad to see someone say I wasn't bad normally, but she seemed to want to stay out of the entire conflict, possibly because she knows I'll flip town if I die but doesn't want the hassle of defending someone a lot of people think is bad. She has some pretty brutal disses in her post history.

Audio Version:

link: fug
How poetic that my biggest scum read understands the reasoning behind my second biggest scum read better than anyone else.
Wait, this reasoning for your second scum read doesn't even make sense if I'm scum. And you underlined stuff that involved me being town specifically. What's up?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Also I remember seeing an epi post asking why I turned the question back at him; I didn't see that he commented on floyd beforehand and thought it strange that he asked others about him before saying anything himself. Meant to rectify but then I got caught up in a hurricane of zeb.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

EBWOP: scratch that, all he said about floyd was a joke post about him saying he wouldn't be playing mafia. It's weird.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That was a fun exercise, and I have collected what I wanted. So as the others have pointed out, I did not get a day 1 red check. I did get a green, but I haven't revealed it yet.

Reactions:
Diiny
Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Peek on Diiny was red. EZ$$
What's your game, Wilgy?
Diiny wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na WILGY!!!! (is most definitely a doctor) and we should kill the confirmed scum.
Your confirmed scum is not scum, but I'm going to wait and see how you play this.
Diiny wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:If I was trying to make him look bad I'm perfectly capable of actually sounding like I've made up my mind. If you feel like it's weak, Mac, it's because I'm not actively trying to make him look bad. I don't know why you've assumed I have.

I'm really enjoying your allegations of 'double crossing' (?) zeb and making her look bad that don't actually deal with what I said, keep 'em coming. I'm apparently collecting day 1 votes anway :workit:
First of all, if I'm scum (and yes, I know we may play differently) and I'm trying to make someone look bad, the last thing I'm going to do is give off the impression that I've made up my mind. I try to throw shade and point everyone else in a civilian victim's direction while trying to make it as forgettable as possible that I was the one who pointed. Second, and more importantly, you seem nervous.
I agree, but the way Mac phrased it suggested that I was deflecting/lashing out onto Floyd due to being RVS'd, which would imply that I'm trying to frame the guy. I'm saying that what I posted isn't exactly framing him, it's way too objective for that.

I'm not nervous, just really annoyed to be collecting votes like this, and I really don't know what Wilgy's playing at.
So here are the first 3 Diiny quotes, involving me and my false red check. Diiny casually takes the check, while acknowledging that he doesn't know what I'm trying to do.
Diiny wrote:I'm not going to be able to post any more and I really shouldn't be posting this because I have a deadline in four and a half hours and I'm not done yet. But basically Wilgy's up to no good. He's left it too late for this to be some kind of ruse with the intention of seeing how fast people bandwagon onto me. That said, it's probably telling how quickly some people bandwagoned onto me. Bottom line: I'm town, and wilgy's trying to get me killed.
Diiny wrote:Now I don't know whether to vote on a wagon for self preservation or on Wilgy because he's scum.

I don't want to lynch jim or mac. Floyd's a better target, but wilgy is scum.

Wilgy it is, fuck it. My train will be informative
A day IRL goes by, and Diiny completely shifted positions. There is very little as to what inspired this change, but Diiny went from "Idk" to "he must be scum, because I'm town". The problem with this I see is that Diiny ignored the fact that I could be a lying cop, or I could just be a lying civ.
Diiny wrote:ALSO this occurred to me: do cops even get peeks on scum? I don't know how things work here but I've never heard it. He's lying so baaaad. He's so bad.
More time had passed between Diiny's posts when this one came around. Diiny acknowledges that I was lying badly, but doesn't give any information as to why my lying badly makes me scum. Still not acknowledging the other possibilities.
Diiny wrote:
motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:Essay over, feeling GOOD. NO STRESS. let's GO, boys. I haven't read the thread. Ask me questions. throw your shit. Because you're not lynching me and wilgy's lying
Why would he be lying?
To get me killed. I don't know how he'll squirm or WIFOM his way out of it. Doing such an obvious bad move could honestly get people to think it was too obvious for him to be scum in the scenario where I flip town tonight.

That or this is some really stupid town gambit and it's not helping in the slightest.
Reverse... WIFOM? I'm not sure what to make of this, other than what I have stated previous. I suppose that I could add that he seems more sold than ever that I'm scum, but added the "stupid town gambit" part while not willing to explore that possibility.
Diiny wrote:FZ's grappling with Wilgy makes sense to me, it's a confusing situation, and FZ strikes me as someone wanting to get to the bottom of it quick. What gives me more pause is her stance on me which isn't very solid. I'd be glad to see someone say I wasn't bad normally, but she seemed to want to stay out of the entire conflict, possibly because she knows I'll flip town if I die but doesn't want the hassle of defending someone a lot of people think is bad. She has some pretty brutal disses in her post history.

Audio Version:

link: fug
Acknowledges FZ's struggle with my false red check.

Continues to point out that I'm lying.
Diiny wrote:I responded quick, but sensed a townie ruse/gambit that I didn't want to spoil. As time passed I was less sure- much less sure.
Short reveal as to why the playful IDK turned to scumminess, with no reason other than time.

That's pretty much it for Diinis, and I have decided that I can vote for him without feeling regret. The lack of prodding into the territory of why he is lying, or what are the possibilities since I know he is lying is what tips me off into the direction of him being scum. The fact that he never once mentioned "He may not be scum, but I don't think he's cop" is the part that bothers me the most. He was willing to say that I was lying, he was willing to base the fact that I was lying on faulty mechanics AFTER others had pointed it out, and he never even bothered to respond to me after I had asked him several times to explain his thoughts on me, several chances to make me think he isn't scum, and didn't take any of them.

Mac
MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Peek on Diiny was red. EZ$$
I heart u Wilgtown.

I am voting for Jimmy.
Mac sees my posts and ignores it, lol <3 you too bae
MacDougall wrote:I think Wilgy is the cop on the double bluff and either did get an ID or is just really confident in a scum read.
Acknowledges that he thinks I'm the cop, but doesn't follow me in the vote. Interesting...
MacDougall wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:And the answer is...

BECAUSE HE'S SCUM!

woo!!
If you say so.

DrWilgy
what does he stand to gain by lying right here on Day 1? Or do you think he's bussing?
Fishing out the real cop, would be my guess. Either way I seriously doubt that

1) He got to choose his peek.
2) He got a scummie.
3) It happened to be Diiny.

He's lying, and I don't see any way it's civ-motivated. I say lynch him today, worry about Diiny later.
So you think he's doing this to try to see if someone bites as the real cop? Either to find one or eliminate that paradigm?

I actually feel you. I think you're right.
MacDougall wrote:Wilgtown. Diiny was already attracting negative attention. You could have just added to the case on him. What advantage to town if you were the cop would there be for you to just be out with it like this even if you really are a cop with a red check? Diiny was probably getting lynched regardless, you've just outed yourself for no reason.
Now he shifts to believing Enrique, and questions my reveal timing and intentions...

That's it out of Mac regarding this. I feel a want to buddy buddy, but nothing that pings me as scum. It was a good point to make when questioning my timing, but I'm unsure why he didn't pursue it afterwards when I missed it.

Enrique...
*Wilgy looks at the posts pertaining to Wilgy on Enrique's in-topic*
I'll be back in abit... just thought I should share my thoughts so far...
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

My first response to epi's game so far is that he's coasting, but he does hold some controversial views which makes me feel the opposite like his stance on zeb. Looks more like someone who's reserved and observing day 1 but still engaging and contributing, albeit not through quantity. I'm not sure I understand the Floyd stance; can you explain? Is it literally just because he's not playing, or is it because that makes you think he's scum, if you catch my drift? Is it....... POLICY?? Also whilst objective stuff normally pings me epi was pretty fond of it last game and was town, and apparently that's kinda his style.

wilgy: I never bothered to respond to you because I've already voiced my opinion on your peek bullshit and in doing so said I wouldn't be surprised if you were scum. I told you why I didn't immediately discredit with full force and you seem to acknowledge yet ignore that. Also whilst I knew you were lying I didn't realise that's not how peeks worked until I thought about it for a bit.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

You want me to explore the stupid town gambit? You're so sure I'm scum that you pretend to be cop with a peek that l i t e r a l l y c a n n o t e x i s t w i t h i n t h e g a m e. Then if I flipped scum the mafia will kill you, sparing the real cop for a night. Or doctor shenanigans. Either way it's stupid because you're condemning a townie to death and if you're town you're not putting yourself in a great position either. Also the mafia can whittle down their list of potential cops by one.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Mac's day 1 is solid imo. Shame about his stance on me.

I'm gonna find out if me getting a ping from JJJ is just because he isn't posting or not
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Diiny wrote:You want me to explore the stupid town gambit? You're so sure I'm scum that you pretend to be cop with a peek that l i t e r a l l y c a n n o t e x i s t w i t h i n t h e g a m e. Then if I flipped scum the mafia will kill you, sparing the real cop for a night. Or doctor shenanigans. Either way it's stupid because you're condemning a townie to death and if you're town you're not putting yourself in a great position either. Also the mafia can whittle down their list of potential cops by one.
Aaaactually yes, because you were on the receiving end. It's not a lie that I was unsure of your scumminess or not when I decided to pick you. You of all people should be the most wanting to explore it. Why can mafia whittle down their list of potential cops? I am the cop, I just didn't red check you :D

btw doc on me if you exist. TY!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

Counterpoint, Diiny is scum and you are being contrarian for reasons.
I didn't offer a contrary perspective, so I don't know why you'd say I'm being contrarian. I advised caution and care, because I am wary of lynches that develop as easily as this Diiny wagon did. Its easiness doesn't imply it's misguided, but I do think there are countless examples of complacent wagons that have started early in a phase, lasted the long haul, and ended badly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:@Epignosis:

I can understand why someone might perceive your move against Floyd to be one that promotes a policy lynch. Actually your stated reason for placing the vote is rather policy-oriented.
Epignosis wrote:Far too many times have I witnessed Mafia coast to endgame by staying out of it. If Floyd is Mafia, then I have no intention of letting him coast. If he's a civilian, then he's not contributing and wins if he's dead anyway (from what I understand).
The highlighted portion is the definition of a lurker policy lynch. Your vote is motivated by his inactivity -- his chronic inactivity (suggests to me that your perspective extends beyond the boundaries of this game, if that's untrue then say so). Inactive players can be anything and lynching them is by nature a roll of the dice. For this reason, a vote for anyone who has actually done something suspicious, however one might define that -- think in Zebra's mindset here, would be a better vote.

Zebra has expressed plenty of suspicions, so his preferred votes shouldn't need elaborating.
Considering what I posted, this is a curious thing on which to concentrate. No comment on a2z's zebra shit response to FZ.?

I only cited the above as a hypocritical example of misrepresentation on zebra's part. My vote of Floyd is decidedly NOT personal (policy is even the dictionary antonym of personal). zebra is therefore misrepresenting me. My point is that zebra's suspicion of FZ. is hypocritical- at best.
I concentrated on the content that I had something to say about when I made that post. I agree that your Floyd vote is not personal (I do understand how Zebra could have interpreted it that way though). You seem to grant that it is a matter of policy, and I would assert that your endorsement of a policy lynch is inherently suspicious.

Because policy lynches are worse than zebra shit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In fact Epignosis, I would state that your own reasoning for a Floyd vote is not far removed from randomization, something you openly loathed on Day 1 of Talking Heads (rightfully so in my opinion). I don't think you have the content at your disposal to make a confident read on Floyd, and that means you're intention is to punish him for chronic inactivity instead of his actually being suspicious -- the result of that lynch is left to chance just like a randomized vote because there could be no conviction (as far as I can see) for either a mafia or town read on Floyd at the time of your vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Wilgy, I think that's a shit ass way to get to the end of the day.

If you're not lying now, you should have ended up this fiasco way sooner. I think it twisted things, but hopefully, something good will come out of it eventually. I didn't think Diiny is bad before you came along with your gambit, and it coloured everything for me, so I'm taking my vote off. If it comes down to me against him in terms of votes, I'll put it on him again, but if not, I won't be voting him. The way he's handled everything today makes me feel good about him, and you were the real reason I voted for him.

Now, looking back at everything that has transpired, the person that worries me the most is Epi. At the risk of alienating the only person that seems to defend me this game, there was something about his defence that felt like he knew defending me might come handy later on, while not really getting involved in the Diiny lynch either way. I also think the Floyd lynch is too easy, but I was too engrossed in the Diiny debacle to pursue another line.

So for now, I'm moving my vote to Epi.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”