Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 4

Post by Ned Flanders »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote: And Rhinfrew, if I'm reading you right you've been talking about Grutfud, not Finnian, right? Grutfud is the one who participated in the democratic process on Sunny Period 2 but not 1 or 3. I suppose it's a remote possibility that they are the SKs and that, having both not participated, were unable to kill, but it just seems counterintuitive somehow. Personally I doubt that that explains the lack of NKs, especially since there should be two groups doing them per moony period.

No Gobby, I'm talking about Finnian. But I had not noticed Grutfud. According to Shand's chart, Grutfud missed the odd ones, after which followed peaceful evenings. Good catch.

Say, how do you know who is supposed to kill when?

I don't know who is supposed to kill when; I am making assumptions based on past games, which I admit could be totally wrong. I am used to SKs NKing each moony period, and, if there are 2 teams of evildoers, one killing every even moony period and one killing every odd moony period.

There are too many inactive players, I can't even venture guesses on enough players to come up with numbers of who should be evil and who shouldn't that I have any confidence in....

Miyuki, I still think both Carmen and Finnian may be bad. I don't think Carmen's posts last moony period redeem her yet, but at least she's cited specific reasons for absence (field trips and doctor's appointments) and seems willing to play along a little bit.

I guess on reflection, part of me just wants to lynch Finnian because of his contrariness. That's not really fair of me, because it has no real bearing on his win conditions, and if I thought he was on our side I'd try to be patient with him. But if they're both evildoers, as I believe, it seems just as good a reason to choose him first as any.

And thanks for your answer, Izett. That clears things up.

I agree that Finnian and Carmen have done little to inspire trust. I still am waiting to hear whether anyone sees anything in Carmens posts that creates doubt about her being bad, if not, then I will chalk up my hesitation to an overactive imagination.

Assault
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Larry David »

Someone wanna tell me how missing the vote makes me bad? ;)

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

For me it's not so much that it makes you automatically bad, it's just that not participating in discussion or voting isn't really civvie behavior. As civvies, our main power against the mafia is voting numbers. That's why I continue to say your behavior is puzzling to me because civvie or baddie it doesn't make much sense.

Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Metalfox, in twenty posts spread across some seven periods you have contributed absolutely nothing to our counsel.

Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Metalfox, in twenty posts spread across some seven periods you have contributed absolutely nothing to our counsel.

Exactly so. Most unenlightening.

Lunalee
nutella
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

I'll have to add my voice to the chorus, in that in terms of Metalfox, your absence and disinterest does not immediately translate to you being bad, but the damage comes in when we're three days in, haven't lynched a baddie yet, and we need all hands on deck.

Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:Someone wanna tell me how missing the vote makes me bad? ;)

This response doesn't sit well with me. You seriously don't see why you consistently missing the polls would raise more than a few eyebrows? A busy townie would at least acknowledge that their lack of activity is hurting the town, and would do everything possible to assure the town of future participation. I was all for giving you BoTD today, but I can see why most people are not satisfied with an indifference that is sounding less and less townie as time passes.

Management
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:For me it's not so much that it makes you automatically bad, it's just that not participating in discussion or voting isn't really civvie behavior. As civvies, our main power against the mafia is voting numbers. That's why I continue to say your behavior is puzzling to me because civvie or baddie it doesn't make much sense.

Okay, sounds fair. :)

Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:Someone wanna tell me how missing the vote makes me bad? ;)

i can tell you what bothers me about it. If you're civv, then your inattentiveness to the game leading to you not voting leading to you not having a nightpower hurts the civvs. Your other comment is that your rl comes first, and of course that is true. Every one of us has a rl that comes before mafia, not just you. You say this is temporary though - how temporary? If you said I missed it and apologize.

With that said, I realize its possible I'm just very irritated with you and need to separate that from whether I think you are bad. It's hard to do because I don't think I've ever seen a civv so cavalier, though someone above made sense about you missing votes when you're a baddie not making sense either.

I really have to re-read some of this game today - I feel like it looped around me while I was out of town.

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:

i can tell you what bothers me about it. If you're civv, then your inattentiveness to the game leading to you not voting leading to you not having a nightpower hurts the civvs. Your other comment is that your rl comes first, and of course that is true. Every one of us has a rl that comes before mafia, not just you. You say this is temporary though - how temporary? If you said I missed it and apologize.
It'll end very shortly. :P I've just had lots of work pouring in lately.

Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote:
Shand Azureye wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Disinterested friends do not elect to vote in Night polls and ignore Day poll.
That is a good point. I wonder though, why a baddie would intentionally forfeit whatever moony period power he might have.

This is what I am thinking too. What benefit is it for a Baddie to intentionally skip all the lynch polls an give up their night power?

I agree with Shand on this also. If we are going to look at players who are missing alot of the game, we would have to include Grutfud and Lyle, and I'm not sure who else. Although, a player who did have a nightkill and lost it due to not voting, might try to appear absent for a few days, and then reappear with an excuse of having had some sort of problem to deal with. Especially since someone, Rhinfrew, I think, pointed out the idea of the no vote/no nightpower. Does this sound logical?

I'm hoping a few people will reread some of Carmen's posts made during the evenings, and discuss whether they redeem her or not.

I just read back over them and it does nothing to redeem her if you ask me. She claims to have no idea why she survived. This is pretty surprising, because I think the civ reasons for living would mean she knows about it. And coming in to say, don't have time to respond, just trust me for now, doesnot help her case. It looks as though Rumple switched the lynch. I suppose there is the possibility that they framed her, and even that Bac was a teammate who had won a lynch protect so they were getting him street cred. I doubt this very much though because Carmen already looked suspect for various reasons and I have never felt suspicious of Bac. In fact I feel fairly comfortable with Bac.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I doubt it was framing Bac because if Bac hadn't said he lost his lynch save, then I don't think we would have even realized the lynch had been switched to him. I certainly thought it was Carmen that survived the lynch.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

EBWOP: not framing Bac, but trying to give him street cred.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Some of Finnian's recent posts have honestly seemed flippant to me. And obviously, Finnian has time to be here, read posts and at least reply briefly... so why not at least try to contribute something? I really had not been seeing the case on him/her up till now, I don't like to use "inactivity" as a case this early in the game. However I do find it odd that a player can be here, keep up with reading, and post excuses or posts that seem to antagonize... but not post anything else.

I mean, I don't have any huge, major insights either, but at least I can contribute what I notice about people. It may or may not mean anything, but I can share what I see and then other players can see if it makes sense to them too. So Finnian (as of today) is beginning to crick my brow.

Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:I doubt it was framing Bac because if Bac hadn't said he lost his lynch save, then I don't think we would have even realized the lynch had been switched to him. I certainly thought it was Carmen that survived the lynch.

My point was that by it becoming public knowledge that the lynch victim actually was Bac, it makes Carmen look bad. If Bac was on Rumple's team and they knew he had won a lynch protect then switching the lynch from Carmen to Bac would both incriminate Carmen and make it look like Bac is not on team Rumple. If Bac had never said anything about his lynch protect being used, we would never know either of those things, so if he was on Team Rumple, of course he would tell us. It hinges on him telling us. HOWEVER, in presenting that option, I was only trying to be fair to Carmen by including the other possibilities in why she lived. I actually do believe Carmen is probably bad and Rumple saved her. I do not find any reason so far to suspect Bac, I think it was a good thing he had a lynch protect because at this point I believe him to be on team goody two shoe, based on my gut read.

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Shand Azureye wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Disinterested friends do not elect to vote in Night polls and ignore Day poll.
That is a good point. I wonder though, why a baddie would intentionally forfeit whatever moony period power he might have.

This is what I am thinking too. What benefit is it for a Baddie to intentionally skip all the lynch polls an give up their night power?

I agree with Shand on this also. If we are going to look at players who are missing alot of the game, we would have to include Grutfud and Lyle, and I'm not sure who else. Although, a player who did have a nightkill and lost it due to not voting, might try to appear absent for a few days, and then reappear with an excuse of having had some sort of problem to deal with. Especially since someone, Rhinfrew, I think, pointed out the idea of the no vote/no nightpower. Does this sound logical?

I'm hoping a few people will reread some of Carmen's posts made during the evenings, and discuss whether they redeem her or not.

I just read back over them and it does nothing to redeem her if you ask me. She claims to have no idea why she survived. This is pretty surprising, because I think the civ reasons for living would mean she knows about it. And coming in to say, don't have time to respond, just trust me for now, doesnot help her case. It looks as though Rumple switched the lynch. I suppose there is the possibility that they framed her, and even that Bac was a teammate who had won a lynch protect so they were getting him street cred. I doubt this very much though because Carmen already looked suspect for various reasons and I have never felt suspicious of Bac. In fact I feel fairly comfortable with Bac.

I agree with this. Wholeheartedly. I believe Bac when he says he won via a lynch switch prize. So that in my opinion eliminates him from at least one of the mafia teams. There is no fathomable reason they would switch the lynch to him just to waste his lynch save. That's pretty silly, esp. this early in the game.

I would have thought that Carmen Mayyyyy have been a frame job but her reactions are just so weak, and have been historically. Its what made me suspicious of her in the first place before I had even read any of the cases.

I still have more to read but wanted to quote this post...
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

EBWOP: 2. CRAP!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

All this talk about the possible set ups, lack of set ups, etc, is interesting to say the least. I tend to stray away from those thoughts myself for the most part as it is really easy to talk oneself into a circle. "Maybe they knew we knew they knew we'd think they'd do X, so they did Y to Z but now we know they know we knew they knew so they didn't to X, they did X2."

It's all very murky territory.

Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Thank you Euro, for looking back at Carmen's posts. Bluntly, I thought I might be seeing a spot of rolehinting involved in her night poll vote posts. But even if so, it may not be true, or coincidence.

Assault
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:I doubt it was framing Bac because if Bac hadn't said he lost his lynch save, then I don't think we would have even realized the lynch had been switched to him. I certainly thought it was Carmen that survived the lynch.

This ^^. Why even tell us he had a lynch save much less that he lost it unless it was true unless he's trying to set Carmen up and I just don't see Bac doing that.

I just read through all the posts about carmen and now I'm going to read through her posts.

Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Hard to believe the mafia would waste a lynch switch just to frame Carmen. What purpose does it serve? She was going to be lynched anyway and if CIv why would they care?

Lunalee
nutella
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

The header on the poll seems to indicate that a baddie tried something bad, and not knowing the secret roles, I will assume that Rumples team did indeed steal some votes in order to do away with Bac. I'd like to look back at Bac's posts now, before the japanese, to see who might be implicated. I remember she was questioned a bit, and accused of buddying up to someone, by someone, but I don't remember who. Evidently, she was also made to speak in a foreign tongue, to discourage people from going to the trouble of reading her posts.

Assault
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:Hard to believe the mafia would waste a lynch switch just to frame Carmen. What purpose does it serve? She was going to be lynched anyway and if CIv why would they care?

Wait, now I'm a tad more confused than before. Can't the Rumple team easily switch lynches if they are close?

3. (I remembered!!!)
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:Hard to believe the mafia would waste a lynch switch just to frame Carmen. What purpose does it serve? She was going to be lynched anyway and if CIv why would they care?

Wait, now I'm a tad more confused than before. Can't the Rumple team easily switch lynches if they are close?

3. (I remembered!!!)
Yes but why wouyld they if Carmen is civ?

Lunalee
nutella
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

If it were them using Rumple's ability to switch thelynch it would not be wasting anything, he gets it daily if I understand the role correctly. So it is possible, but I don't think it is likely given everything else regarding Carmen.

I did not notice any role hints,but I usualLy miss those things, I will look again when I am back online later.

Linki: yes considering she was made to post in Japanese, it does seem likely that the maf team is afraid of her for some reason. Yet another reason I don't think she is on team Rumple.

Linki linki: Agreed regarding why would they if Carmen is good. I think she is likely bad.

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Etain Royalskull wrote:

3. (I remembered!!!)

To frame someone, presumably. But I'm not even sure I buy that, my point was, if they could do it easily and they have a chance to do it daily based on a new word or whathaveyou why not do it? why is it a "waste?" I think I need to look at the roles better.

Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

bea wrote:A big huge super THANK YOU to my lovely co-host Mistress Rox of the Awesome Rocks. I'm SO sorry I've been so MIA. You did beautifully. I promise to pull my weight the next couple days.

As to the rest of you, I missed you too. :p

Na, really. I'm sorry I haven't been around. I just worked 34 hours in 3 days. It was SUPPOSED to be so I could gloriously have thursday-sunday OFF. Like as in not working. Like as in. OMG - I actually get a break. But the bigger boss put the ixney on that even as my GM told him "even the workhorse needs a sugar cube once in a while." the big boss replies "thrus fri and sunday are good enough sugar cubes." I would argue that NO that is not the case as the 4 days in their entirety were the cube itself and it's now sullied by having to go help out yet again at another store yet again for yet another AM who left me to hang and dry when I was pulling 70 hour weeks and turnarounds into open closes with no GM and no help to be found.I will give something nice to the first person who correctly identifies how many drinks I've had tonight to blow off steam via PM. So, yea - the long and short of it is, I missed you all so very much. I adore this game, I adore my co-host and all of you players have been rocking my world. Srrsly, you can't imagine how much I look forward to coming home and catching up on what's going on.

Even if it took me 3 hours just to catch up on the poll and I have 58 old pm's yet to read. :hugs:

oh - also - sockadelic is my new fav nickname for Alex ever. Really - really - really - well played Mistress Rox. I'm so very sad that it didn't occur to me first. :WTF: :overreact: ;)
Bealet, Bea :bea: !! Mistress of the land of the sun keeper of wine, Master of the kittehs- there is no way I could have pulled it off if it wasn`t for your mad google doc skillz. 58 PMs only? I must have been slacking :p

I am sad about your cube but happy about your triad. <3
;)
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Thank you Euro, for looking back at Carmen's posts. Bluntly, I thought I might be seeing a spot of rolehinting involved in her night poll vote posts. But even if so, it may not be true, or coincidence.

If this is the case, I'm completely missing it. I read her night posts 3 times and see nothing. I'm not asking you to point it out but really I don't see it. :confused:

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I just want to add I have seen civvies be double framed before. I'm not sure this is the case, but I can see a scenario wherein Rumple's team, having selected a word that was used often, decide to throw a wrench in everything as a way to confuse people. I have seen in the past games were saves/switches were used not to save teammates, but to prolong the game by denying lynches (and therefore concrete role info) to the civ cause. And another point is that by denying a lynch, the focus remains on Carmen, new discussion (and therefore new suspects) is put in the backburner, allowing the baddies to develop new plans of attack/defense.

Devil's advocate I guess, but I just wanted to point out I've seen that in the past. Again I feel like it's really murky territory in terms of deciding WHY what happened happened, and I'll be really interested to learn the truth after the game haha.

Supervisor
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

When I was a kid and in school, soccer was my favorite sport for P.E. I loved playing defense/goalie. I liked to take a back seat and watch offense go at it and then save my team from getting scored upon when the ball came my way. I think I play Mafia the same way. Just because I am not out there on the offense and making cases against this person or that person doesn't mean I should be automatically looked at as bad. (Funny, though, I have taken the offense in Mafia before as well, and was still a quick suspect.)

I have been crazy busy this week and I should be working right now, but I am choosing Mafia :). I think the best case we have is against Finnian. All of the suspicions you have about me are just suspicions. Why did I survive the lynch? Who knows. As some of you have mentioned, there are several possibilities. There is no real evidence showing that I am bad. Now, what we have on Finnian, that is evidence. He failed to vote (meaning he would lose his night ability) then we have no night kills. I definitely believe he should be on the chopping block today.

linki with Mainchin - What if Rumple saved me from the lynch to throw everyone off, confuse you all, make you think I am mafia so you will lynch me and not one of his own.

linki with Etain - Yes. If you were Rumple and had enough votes to manipulate any way you'd like, why not do so. Who cares who you are saving one civvie and getting rid of another. You would do it just to mess with people's heads. I think I would.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

EBWOP - who cares *if* you are saving one civvie for another.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
Etain Royalskull wrote:

3. (I remembered!!!)

To frame someone, presumably. But I'm not even sure I buy that, my point was, if they could do it easily and they have a chance to do it daily based on a new word or whathaveyou why not do it? why is it a "waste?" I think I need to look at the roles better.

True, it isn't. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. :)

Lunalee
nutella
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
Etain Royalskull wrote:

3. (I remembered!!!)

True, it isn't. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you. :)

You are welcome!

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Okay, apparently I am supposed to be counting my posts as well. I didn't get a PM until later. I was not on the night poll due to technical issues and was told I can start counting now and count the posts I have made since night. So...here is

6 (not counting my back-to back posts)
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:Some of Finnian's recent posts have honestly seemed flippant to me. And obviously, Finnian has time to be here, read posts and at least reply briefly... so why not at least try to contribute something? I really had not been seeing the case on him/her up till now, I don't like to use "inactivity" as a case this early in the game. However I do find it odd that a player can be here, keep up with reading, and post excuses or posts that seem to antagonize... but not post anything else.
Keep up with reading? No, I've barely been able to do that at all at this point. My biology stuff is lightening up now though so I'm just starting to get some amount of time.

Also, I can't count. Oh well.

Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:When I was a kid and in school, soccer was my favorite sport for P.E. I loved playing defense/goalie. I liked to take a back seat and watch offense go at it and then save my team from getting scored upon when the ball came my way. I think I play Mafia the same way. Just because I am not out there on the offense and making cases against this person or that person doesn't mean I should be automatically looked at as bad. (Funny, though, I have taken the offense in Mafia before as well, and was still a quick suspect.)

I have been crazy busy this week and I should be working right now, but I am choosing Mafia :). I think the best case we have is against Finnian. All of the suspicions you have about me are just suspicions. Why did I survive the lynch? Who knows. As some of you have mentioned, there are several possibilities. There is no real evidence showing that I am bad. Now, what we have on Finnian, that is evidence. He failed to vote (meaning he would lose his night ability) then we have no night kills. I definitely believe he should be on the chopping block today.

linki with Mainchin - What if Rumple saved me from the lynch to throw everyone off, confuse you all, make you think I am mafia so you will lynch me and not one of his own.

linki with Etain - Yes. If you were Rumple and had enough votes to manipulate any way you'd like, why not do so. Who cares who you are saving one civvie and getting rid of another. You would do it just to mess with people's heads. I think I would.
Well this would be a great story, and fitting as well, had you been defending. Unless you count this story as defending, but that's bootstrapping at its finest.

Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

I don't have a ton of time but I'll say that I do not trust C at all. I dknt want to say her name as its a strong contender for the rumpy word of the day. her posts today haven't been convincing.

Reporting
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

The imps that bedevil the magic by which I can communicate my thoughts here was preventing me from doing so for a while. :evileye:

Fortunately, all I needed was a boot to solve the problem. :smile:
Carmen Brightsun wrote:When I was a kid and in school, soccer was my favorite sport for P.E. I loved playing defense/goalie. I liked to take a back seat and watch offense go at it and then save my team from getting scored upon when the ball came my way. I think I play Mafia the same way. Just because I am not out there on the offense and making cases against this person or that person doesn't mean I should be automatically looked at as bad. (Funny, though, I have taken the offense in Mafia before as well, and was still a quick suspect.)

I never got to play soccer...no legs. :blush:

I do not believe the suspicion in your direction has much to do with you being busy (someone may correct me if I am wrong). If I understand correctly, it hinges on two things:

1. The Jorhan lynch
2. The you lynch (that didn't happen)

Regarding #1, I already explained why I don't put any stock in that here: viewtopic.php?p=20119#p20119

#2 is what makes me uneasy about you.

In time I shall imbibe the water of life and engage in the Ritual of Cogitation.

Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:The imps that bedevil the magic by which I can communicate my thoughts here was preventing me from doing so for a while. :evileye:

I do not believe the suspicion in your direction has much to do with you being busy (someone may correct me if I am wrong). If I understand correctly, it hinges on two things:

1. The Jorhan lynch

Regarding #1, I already explained why I don't put any stock in that here: viewtopic.php?p=20119#p20119

In time I shall imbibe the water of life and engage in the Ritual of Cogitation.

I was also thinking about this...Rumple would look at saving me and lynching another civvie as a great opportunity because I am already under suspicion. In doing this, he buys his team more time. For example: Rumple switches the lynch from Carmen to Bac. Bac is lynched and is found civ. Now players turn back to Carmen whom Rumple knows to be civvie instead of possibly going after one of his own teamates. Like I said, buys the mafia another day/night.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

EBWOP 7
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:The imps that bedevil the magic by which I can communicate my thoughts here was preventing me from doing so for a while. :evileye:

1. The Jorhan lynch

I was also thinking about this...Rumple would look at saving me and lynching another civvie as a great opportunity because I am already under suspicion. In doing this, he buys his team more time. For example: Rumple switches the lynch from Carmen to Bac. Bac is lynched and is found civ. Now players turn back to Carmen whom Rumple knows to be civvie instead of possibly going after one of his own teamates. Like I said, buys the mafia another day/night.
Except he wouldn't know you were a "civvie" he would just know you were not on his team, per your theory that about 10 other people have already posited. Sorry, something about the way you "defend" just don't ring true with me.

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Wait, aren't you Carmen? Are we doing third person all of a sudden?

Linki - WIFOM always gets on my nerves, not because of those who use it, but just in general the sort of infinite possibilities of bluffs, double bluffs, tripple bluffs etc ad nauseum. As it stands I have 3-4 really locked in suspects, and those would be in no particular order Mainchin, Carmen, Finnian, and Gobnait

Still 11.
Supervisor
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
Carmen Brightsun wrote:

1. The Jorhan lynch

Except he wouldn't know you were a "civvie" he would just know you were not on his team, per your theory that about 10 other people have already posited. Sorry, something about the way you "defend" just don't ring true with me.

Well, yes, I guess he could think I am a Serial Killer, but even still his intent would be the same....buy his team, the mafia, more time.

linki with Gloom - I'm not talking in third person (that would be annoying). I was giving an example of what could happen to help get my point across.

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Wait, aren't you Carmen? Are we doing third person all of a sudden?

Didn't someone say that could be Rumple's word of the day or something?
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

If Carmen is indeed a friend, let me say that I've been in her shoes before.

Well...I myself have never been in any shoes...I hope you do not misunderstand my use of an idiom from the common tongue! :blush:

What I mean is that it is a dreadful position to be in. You are to be lynched, but you are not, and someone else takes it instead. I agree wholeheartedly with the tentacled king that this a tricky matter. I drink the blood of the legendary Red Stag as I consider this further.

Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Someone did say that. Diedre did a few posts up.

Linki - Drinking blood is silly. I will instead pray to the benevolent Don Cheadle-Kracken for guidance. Because THAT is much more sane.
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Finnian Metalfox wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Wait, aren't you Carmen? Are we doing third person all of a sudden?

Didn't someone say that could be Rumple's word of the day or something?
Stirring the cauldron without adding anything to the stew, I see? That matter was settled ages ago. Behold!
Roxy wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:The Purple Sea Elves have a question for our hosts that we believe is fair and not out of the bounds of reasonableness.

Is Rumplestilkskin allowed to choose a proper name, such as that of one of the players?

If the answer comes back in the affirmative or if no answer is given, I would recommend that we try to refrain from referring to each other directly by name whenever possible.
Please no more questions about Rumplestiltskin's Ability.

Trust me no regular words nor names proper or otherwise will be used.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Linki - WIFOM always gets on my nerves, not because of those who use it, but just in general the sort of infinite possibilities of bluffs, double bluffs, tripple bluffs etc ad nauseum. As it stands I have 3-4 really locked in suspects, and those would be in no particular order Mainchin, Carmen, Finnian, and Gobnait

Still 11.
Yeah Carmen can't be the word, it's a proper name.

And I was feeling really good about our candidates until this post. I'm certainly a civ, and I have been reading Mainchin as very civ as well. This worries me that neither Carmen or Finnian is on Queran's (evil) team. That doesn't stop them from being SKs or on the other team though, so I guess it's ok.

All things considered, I'm still ok with choosing either of them, but could we please save a bunch of time and just lynch Queran? Are people really still reading our ongoing debate as civ-civ? I just don't see how it's possible, we've been at each other's throats now for going on 3 days. No one else sees his posts as un-genuine?

Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

My bad. :p

Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Rachel Green »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I believe you.

Thank You :)
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:After reading through Carmen's posts, particularly her night posts, I find myself hesitant to vote her.

I don't understand why she seemed to gloss over surviving her fate though. An innocent should proclaim her innocence. Vote shenanigans could easily have been the cause, a double win for the evil group. Destroy Bac, and let Carmen suffer the consequences.

Is she an innocent, distracted by RL, or a not so pure, also distracted by RL..... those night posts :ponder:

(3)
I thought about this today, in the accounting department of the Pixie Dust factory (just becasue I'm Rajah doesn't mean I don't have to feed the l'il Pixies) and I do think it is rather obvious, Japanify me, kill me, and let a pawn take the blame.

So I will take your advice & reread her night posts.
Etain Royalskull wrote:

3. (I remembered!!!)

A plethora of reasons, Mainchin. If we are distracted pointing the blame at Carmen, we are not noticing them. They also may think she is one of the SKs or the secret team. Maybe the secret team is the ones who did this atrocious act. I have seen a grouping of no-goodniks coast to victory on this very tactic. Clever no-goodniks have endless feats of legerdemain up their sleeves.

Need to eat and peruse the chain of posts at my leisure :)

*8*

Return to “Previous Jobs”