71%

Total votes: 14
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 7]

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:What's a Jedi's favorite drink?

Qui-Gon Gin
I thought it was a Club Yoda in a Solo cup. :confused:
#HANYOLO
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Woo hoo, I have a little bit of time tonight (and I'm not sure how much time I'll have tomorrow, as I may be celebrating my dad's birthday then or Wednesday), so I figured I'd check in for commentary and a placeholder post.

The more I ponder it, the more I'm flip-flopping on how good I find the points being made about MP today to be. On the one hand, I've been having an (admittedly) unfounded suspicion of him because I feel good about him, so I'm drawn to anything that makes me see otherwise. I'm especially drawn to points about how he has made rainbow lists and has been able to catch up but not to make any strong cases (or cases at all). This, to me, makes me think he could be attempting to look like he's contributing without actually contributing much.

BUT I feel for the dude with the workload, and I'm in the same boat, except I'm not known for my high posting and making enormous cases (although I'm known to do so every once in the while :grin: ). I want to contribute more, and I do my best to keep up, but it's often choosing between keeping up sufficiently and being able to vote consciously without making a case of your own, or reading in a half-assed manner and creating half-assed cases. And if I know him well, he would choose the former.

Now, the other point that makes me think is about Roxy's last comment about catching a baddie if we vote her. We (or at least I) took it at face value, but sig's point about our catching a baddie after the fact is intriguing. However, her tone and the unfortunate way she left doesn't make me think she was trying to help the game along, but to get herself out of it as quickly as possible without replacement. That's where I'm leaning on the matter, but I'm still interested in any further developments on this point from other people's read-throughs. If the last comment is to be taken as a helpful hint (seeing as she was the tracker), as it was pointed out by MP, it could be any number of people she marked as bad (which was a lot, and a lot without explanation). Soooo...

Again, I'm flip-flopping. It would seem from talking it out with myself that I'm still thinking MP is civ from gut feelings, but gahhhh he's tricked me so many times. But also, it seems perhaps...convenient that suspicion (and supposed bribery!) comes at the time when he said he'd be totally out of commission, and he's been saying it for days? So...again, gonna lean civ, but looking out for further development on this case.

This is one of those times I really wish I had more time to dedicate to checking vote records and comments of people hiding in the shadows, because we really have been going after people in the spotlight, with mixed success. I'll do my best, but I've already taken what time I had tonight to make this post and analyze my thoughts. If I have time tomorrow evening (if dinner is Wednesday instead), then I will do my best to do my own mini-investigations. Anyway, hope you enjoyed Blooper thought time.

And I just realized I made no suspicions. Dammit. I've used up all my time :faint: I'll try that again later. For the sake of at least saying something, even if I'm just repeating myself, I said I'd like to go back and look at Glorfindel/Daisy, so that will be first on my agenda should I find the time. There. Done. Leaving. Bye.

Linki - Just kidding - I gotta make this post Endor I'll never get to bed :P :drums:

...I'm going, I'm going.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Voting for Dom.
Really? That seems like a revenge vote.

@Dom don't counter vote Mac just because he voted for you, look over MP as well as my case on him. I think you as well as any member that looks at my ISO then reads over MP will see, he is scum.

linki: Lynch post? LYNCH POST????? I thought we had another 24 hours ????!!!
Huh. I have outlined a fairly decent reason for my vote sig.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by thellama73 »

a2thezebra wrote:
thellama73 wrote:The thread monopolization
(or at least domination)
by MacDougal and Golden
doesn't my gameplay embolden.
It's tedious and boring.
It leaves me just snoring.
Zebra's the one I'd rather lynch.
I'd say he's mafia, it's a cinch.
Follow me, all!
We'll have a ball.
Zebra is destined to fall.
He's mafia? Who's he? Who are you referring to? I didn't get any elaboration about your Blooper read or your Golden read when you weren't restricted to poetry, and only the vaguest of reasons why I was supposed to be bad when I asked you earlier. How do you expect people to follow you on any of your baddie reads when there's no reasoning behind them? And this suspicion of MP seems to be new. I don't recall you indicating you thought he was bad here. Is this a new thing or are you jumping on the easiest bandwagon at the moment?
Hey zebra, learn to read
You stripey half-steed
You're no match for a llama
who thinks that yo mama's
so dumb that she thinks
that that fool Jar Jar Binks
is the only part of the Phantom Menace that don't stink.

Why so defensive?
You're supposed to be pensive
and figure out bad guys
who make all the civs die.
Instead your aggression
leaves a bad impression
that begs the confession of your sins.
Llama's playin' to win.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Dom wrote:If MP is invested in lynching baddies, where did his Glorf/Daisy suspicion go? Where did his Russ suspicion go? I thought he thought baddies might be laying low? Russ has 20 posts.
:srsnod:
a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:Trackers aren't foolproof, but it is still relevant that Roxy had MP down as scum.

Mind you, she also had Eloh down and I think that read was wrong. But maybe that was more just because they were clashing.

I will say - I've been offered a sum of credits to vote MP today, so if the case is convincing enough (or, if MP is clearly not going to be lynched), then that is the way I intend to vote today. On the other hand, it seems kind of horrid, even if the case is good, to force MP to defend too much today. It's just not going to be viable for him, so I'm conflicted about it.
That's the thing, all of the other players Roxy listed as scum were well-documented, and all of them besides MP were more likely than not because she was clashing with them, myself included.
This seems awful self-serving.

I like llama's rhymes, and his perspective right now.

And Qui-Gon Gin might be a Jedi's favorite drink, but only a Sith deals in Absoluts. :drums:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Image
Who is that charming fellow?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

"Why so defensive?" I was going after you, llama. Aside from making fun of you for misgendering me, I don't see anything in the post you just responded to that could be interpreted as anything other than figuring out bad guys who make all the civs die. If you think my aggression in general is suspicious, then I can't take your suspicion of me (or of Blooper, or of Golden, or of MP all of a sudden) too seriously.

Russ' post jar jar stinks.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

:rolleyes:
So much for trying to understand where each other is coming from.

I'll probably vote MP.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Image
Who is that charming fellow?
His name is supatown.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:

I'll probably vote MP.
I don't get this response to my vote at all. Your explanation didn't cut it for me.

This is not how Mafia games go:

"I think you're bad because reasons."
"Yes well I'm not because reasons."
"Okay good squire consider me sold!"

Like for real. Your suspicion was weird, your response to my suspicions were wishy washy, you used meaningless words and phrases, you saying that I hadn't made concrete points was a lie.

Every reason I see for MP being bad = the guy is in the middle of some seriously important shit. He might be bad, but I feel WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better with my vote on you.

Search yourselves people. Actually take a look at the entire interaction between Dom and I. He gives himself away with the words he uses.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:Dom's bad. I've been gut-reading MP as bad as well but there's less to go on there.
Hey Zebra. This post was a day ago. How has your opinion shifted so much in a day?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh boy, sorry guys. I lost some steam at the thought of reading zebra and MP. I can't give an opinion on anything much from what went on before, but I have some opinions right now from the catch up I just did.

1. MP backing off me when he was previously suspicious of Glorf is absolutely 100% shady. I can understand it at first, and it usually takes a bit of time before I can decide how I feel about him, a cycle or two. He feels like he's buddying up to me. He likes it if he thinks he can get me on his side, thinks an endorsement from me carries more credibility. I don't like that feeling right now. It's not as strong as it has been other games, but it's there.

2. The Rox flip and sig's point about her statement is too strong to ignore. The people she suspected should be up on the chopping block IMO. MP is no exception. Wasn't zebra in there too? I thought she was just trying to get out, but what sig said now that we know her role makes so much more sense.

3. I wouldn't read much into what someone said was a connection between MP and Glorf. I know for a fact they didn't have BTSC, because I don't. What was pointed out as him prompting Glorf is silly, he would have prompted BTSC, not in thread. That was MP wearing his admin hat and trying to help a new member acclimate.

Anyway my read of MP = bad.

I also liked Canuck's case on Zebra. It's one of the better constructed arguments I've seen. There was also something I saw today where Zebra went from saying that she thought MP was bad but had no clue what team, to exactly five minutes and two posts (of no more than one or two sentences probing for other's opinions) later saying she thought he was empire. I vaguely recall reading earlier someone who said that zebra made a statement that seemed to imply she KNEW someone wasn't a Hutt. This looks to me like a second instance of this perhaps? Additionally her response to Canuck bringing a case against her was odd, it read to me like someone who was trying not to make any sudden moves, maybe sway Canuck by seeming calm and friendly. I don't know Zebra well though this might just be her personality. But that kind of behavior always reads baddie to me.

If I am currently choosing between these two, and I think they should likely be the best two candidates all things considered, I'd probably vote MP. i just know him better so I feel more confident in my read of him.

Sorry for being such a mediocre replacement. :(
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MP wife reading him bad. He fucked now.

My current read of the play is thus.

Zebra is Hutt. MP is right about that. His case on her really feels correct. Llama looks townrad to me too so his vote being there is a pleasant look.

Inversely the points against MP are valid. Spacedaisy reading him as bad is telling because I am pretty confident Glorfindel was bad and her having received no Glorfindel shade reads as though MP was distancing Glorfindel but has backed off MP. Bow Spacedaisy is distancing MP. I think they are both Empirators.

Dom shading MP is genuine but his shading me is not. I think he is Zebra's teammate.

Sorsha is probably also Empire.

Golden I was wrong about imo. Maybe Empire but my read is back to null.

I would be okay with lynching anyone who currently has votes on them.

Now go my pretties. Yell at me lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If the Zeebs is bad. I have seen a scumtell. I will happily tell you after the game Zeebs.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am still strong on Canuck and sig being civ. Llama is up there too. I hope they all survive.

I also think MP was targeted last night and that's why Zebra and Dom are trying to work him into a lynching position.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Yell at me lol.
WHY HAVEN'T YOU CHECKED IN AT RYM YET!?

OK, yell over. I have no real feeling of antagonism towards Mac right now. I still think there is a chance he is Hutt, but I'm willing to see how things play out for a while and judge Mac again. I will admit, since we stopped fighting, his posts have had ok vibes to me.

Also, I'm gonna vote for MP. I'm not necessarily utterly convinced he is bad, but the data is stacking up. Put it this way, I doubt Daisy reads him as bad unless either a) he is or b) Daisy is. I feel it very unfortunate for MP that he is taking a lot of heat while not around, so I kind of hope that he is not lynched. It would suck for him. Like I say, I'm conflicted. But I feel like an MP vote is the right thing for me to do in the circumstances.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I am still strong on Canuck and sig being civ. Llama is up there too. I hope they all survive.

I also think MP was targeted last night and that's why Zebra and Dom are trying to work him into a lynching position.
I'm not as sure on llama, I have maybe slightly town, but I don't get a strong read on llama too early. I'm still strong on the other two being civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Llama is feeling good by virtue of me agreeing with him. I feel like if he's bad he's keeping his teammies at arms length. It's definitely a viable tactic to do so as a player who's swapped in late.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yell at me lol.
WHY HAVEN'T YOU CHECKED IN AT RYM YET!?

OK, yell over. I have no real feeling of antagonism towards Mac right now. I still think there is a chance he is Hutt, but I'm willing to see how things play out for a while and judge Mac again. I will admit, since we stopped fighting, his posts have had ok vibes to me.

Also, I'm gonna vote for MP. I'm not necessarily utterly convinced he is bad, but the data is stacking up. Put it this way, I doubt Daisy reads him as bad unless either a) he is or b) Daisy is. I feel it very unfortunate for MP that he is taking a lot of heat while not around, so I kind of hope that he is not lynched. It would suck for him. Like I say, I'm conflicted. But I feel like an MP vote is the right thing for me to do in the circumstances.
If you kind of hope he's not lynched and you're not utterly convinced, surely there are other players you could vote for that you aren't utterly convinced of?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden why are you so sure I'm not Empire? We haven't even lynched one so you wouldn't have any exclusion patterns to go by?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just tried to go back and find what I was remembering, but it must have been one of the rabbit trails I went down while reading Sorsha and Rox. I can't find it now. Frustrating.

Linki @ Mac: Lol, it's not unheard of, though I usually bus him right out of the gate the few times we have been on a team. Plus I've intentionally pushed for his lynch a couple times as a civ, when I was sure he was not bad because I knew RL reasons needed him out of the game. But you're wrong. On a funny side note, the best was when his best friend and I immediately called him as bad. I've never seen him get lynched so fast as that instance. He was bad too, we were right.

Linki x 1000 @ Golden and Mac: can you two let me post already?? I don't do it all that often after all! :p
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Mac, - I mean, the point is I'm conflicted. I don't want to let the fact that MP is my friend and that I feel bad for him getting heat right at this moment in time cloud my judgment, but that can be hard. You know what I mean? It's more on a personal level that I hope he isn't lynched, because if I were him I'd feel like that sucked.

linki - I'm not so sure anyone is not Empire - but I can't analyse those links until there are some. The point is, I have made a case on you that you are Hutt and I still think it could be right... but I think my best approach is to back off and give time to reevaluate, because I recognise it could also be wrong.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Spacedaisy wrote:Linki x 1000 @ Golden and Mac: can you two let me post already?? I don't do it all that often after all! :p
If you just warned us in advance that you were choosing not to be a mediocre replacement then we would let you post!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm just doing some voting pattern analysis. I'll point out some interesting things I see as I see them just so there is a reference point. It might help some people remember other things they see to corroborate their own suspicions with votes.

On Day 1:

Day 1 generally is a good time to look back on and see scum teammates voting for teammates for distancing credit later. Here are some interesting votes.

Enrique & bcornett (teammates) voted together, they voted for Russtifinko.

Russtifinko voted for MP.

MP voted for Enrique.

Dead townie Bass swapped votes with Zebra. Bass was a later lynch not a kill.

Metalmarsh voted for me really early for basically nothing and never explained it.

Golden had a big run in with bcornett but ended up being last on the Matt wagon which got him lynched over Enrique. Golden has later explained that he doesn't feel that his fight with bcornett made bcornett look that bad and that he was okay with a Matt lynch. I wouldn't mind some others analysing that day 1 interaction between them in isolation and make up their own minds.

Faraday voted for Black Rock second vote of the day, who later ended up killed.

There are only two votes that are from people who are still alive on people who are still alive. Metalmarsh voting for me and Russtifinko voting for MP.

Key analysis:

You might remember earlier in the game that I called Russ and MP on the same team as one another and that their interactions looked like teammies distancing each other. Well their votes are part of a web of votes with two dead confirmed Hutts.

Will do day 2 next obviously.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's also worth noting that there were a lot of no votes on day 1.

Floyd
Banana
Me
Mishi
Luke
Bubbles
Wilgy
Canucklehead
Savage
Niju
Sorsha

You might remember that I was burned with posting in Limericks for day 2. Epignosis made no doubt that it was for not voting, and yet I don't recall a single other player besides Metalmarsh posting a limerick on day 2. If anyone is interested it might be worth looking to see if any of these other players posted on day 2 at all. Being so disheartened by having to post in limericks to the point of not posting at all could be a scum tell if it comes from a player who was posting volumes either side of having to do so.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

I voted for Matt day one. And you're wrong I'm not Empire.... Or Hutt.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry sorsha the poll cuts off at your name so I didn't see that. Will amend.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Interesting to note you popped up like that though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Day 2 votes:

So by day 2 we had just almost had a scum lynch on day 1 but lynched a rogue. The unfortunate thing about a rogue lynch is that the patterns are thrown out because he had no teammies, so it might as well as been a civ lynch. Again Enrique avoided being lynched just barely.

Interesting votes:

Dead townie Bass and dead scum bcornett voted Enrique moving him into first place on the lynch with Enrique yet to vote. Enrique self pres voted to tie and dead townie Simon unfortunately cast the final vote on Bass eliminating a townie over a civ.

Wilgy self voted.

Zebra was voted for by Elohcin and subsequently Sorsha voted for Elohcin.

Glorfindel who had already pinged a few players by this point received no votes but put his vote on Russ, which was a lone vote pretty early.

Myself, sig, MP, bass and bcornett voted for a later confirmed scum. bcornett voted late on the wagon and I believe it was a bus (I think they knew they were in a team).

Sig and MP voted for the same player (a confirmed scum) two days in a row. A good look for them not being teammies with that player, going against the previous analysis's postulation that MP and Russ were scum with Enrique.

Analysis:

Elohcin and sorsha's votes were both middle of the lynch when Enrique (confirmed scum) and Bass (confirmed town) already had dominant lynch wagons. They could be construed as throw away votes as neither formed very significant cases to try to garner anybody to join their cause, especially at that point of the vote.

Glorfindel's vote on Russ was pretty early, Bass had 2 votes, Roxy 1 and Enrique 1 at that point. So it looks okay tbh. I quite like the look of early votes that don't get bandwagons on them generally, especially since Russ is alive STILL. The fact that nobody followed Glorfindel could be because Glorfindel himself was suspicious, or it could mean that there was a push from a faction to keep the wagons away from Russ.

Roxy received three votes and my memory suggests she received quite a bit of suspicion right throughout the game but without much of a case so the two living players Metalmarsh and Faraday should attempt to explain their votes on Roxy here. Especially in light of the fact that it wasn't long after that that I was assigned to have her killed. Metalmarsh and Faraday are alive and Luffy was killed by the Empire so we don't know his role.

Wilgy's self vote was the last vote. He could have put scum Enrique in a lynch tie with town Bass OR confirmed Bass's doom but he voted for himself. Wilgy needs to explain why with gusto as he still lives. This looks very bad for him. I would love for some pressure to be applied to Wilgy as he has been so fucking shadowy in this game. He has been around, but I don't remember anything significant coming from him aside from "PULL".
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

MacDougall wrote:Interesting to note you popped up like that though.
I'm always around this time of night :ninja:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think you are correct in finding links between Russ and MP.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Day 3:

So on day 2 Enrique survived by the skin of his teeth and a civ was lynched but Enrique only received 1 vote on this day. A day that a scum partner of Enrique, bcornett was lynched only just, over Zebra who I believe is the most active player in the game.

Interesting votes:

Players previously suspicious of Enrique that voted elsewhere, MacDougall, MovingPictures and sig. I voted for MP this day very early and they voted for Glorfindel and were the only ones to do so.

Elohcin voted for Zebra for the second day. She voted for Enrique on day 1.

Black Rock had voted for Enrique on day 1 but no voted for the second day running.

Golden, Niju and Zebra all voted the same way for the second straight day. Both days they were on the wagons that subsequently achieved a lynch, one town and one Hutt.

Quite a few players had no voted every day up until this point, they have all been swapped out (Mishi, Floyd, Banana) except for Canucklehead. Canucklehead has not cast a vote by end of day 3.

The only player to vote for the previously numero uno suspect of the game still living, Enrique, was fucking Luke of all people who had not voted until that point. Tbh this is an extremely good look for Llama imo. For a lurker to come in and drop a vote like that after barely playing the game... Luke's was THE FIRST VOTE OF THE DAY too! Really? I'm just reading the poll here, did that actually happen? Big civ read for his replacement if so.

Enrique, did not vote.

Bubbles, Elo, Roxy and Simon were on the Zebra counterwagon. 2 live, 2 are dead townies both lynched.

Wilgy no voted.

Analysis:

Seeing that Canuck hasn't voted shakes my confidence in my number one town read quite a bit. He was low content on day 1, 2 and 3 but he did appear. He could have voted. I don't like it when lurkers are tentative with their vote. It shows real caution to their play. A civilian is far more likely to be a lurker who drops in and votes and fucks off, like what Luke did.

For bcornett to have got lynched this day over Enrique, despite being his teammate, is anti-thetical to it being a bus. If their team were preparing to bus somebody, it would have had to be Enrique at this point. I am almost sure of that. Metalmarsh, Niju, Zebra and Sorsha (all still alive) are probably not Hutt. Golden's vote got on him early enough to remain a possible attempt at distancing that backfired. The CFD came from the other four players, and could possibly have been partially designed to save a teammate. The nature of it, being so bold and obvious, indicates it is very likely not the Empire though, and more likely to be the Jawas or Tuskan's. I would not be surprised if those four contain 2 or more independent in light of this.

I will have to go back and see why I voted for MP because I cannot remember. It's frustrating that I had suspicions of him back then yet have not voted for him today and I am rather disappointed in myself for letting that synapse connection go. I can only assume that his posts since have changed my read of him but I would not blame anyone for considering this a bad look for me.

As I said, Luke's vote is a really good look for me. Canuckle's failure to do so is not.

Elohcin voting Zebra two straight days is a mild civ look.

Faraday lurking but voting still is a mild civ look. That he voted for another lurker is kind of strange, and he also voted for Black Rock (dead unconfirmed) and Roxy (dead townie) on the previous two days. I am feeling slightly independent vibes from Faraday. I would not be surprised if he is the one responsible for trying to get me to kill Roxy though. He might be playing a very tactical independent game as well.

Wilgy to now has no voted, voted for himself, and no voted. Really bad signs for him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:I don't think you are correct in finding links between Russ and MP.
I am starting to think not as well and I recognise this kind of comment from you.

I hope you look at my posts in detail though because I am sure you will find good things to pick up a trail from. As is my intention here. I feel like doing this is very helpful to the people struggling to find a way to scum hunt through the garbage posts.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I completely agree with that statement, Mac.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just a disclaimer, I need to clarify that I am not reading these votes in any context other than face value mixed with my hazy memory of days gone by. Some things I remember in better detail obviously because I was either central to them or have already gone back and read them.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

With the canuck thing - she is a she and failing to vote is not what I'd necessarily call unusual for her civilian game. It wasn't lost on me that she had missed the vote the first three days when I called her my top civilian read. However, it is the kind of thing that could be relevant later.

I think you let your synapse connection with MP go because you became focussed on me, but when your suspicion of me started, you had one on MP too... you may remember that I asked you why your read has changed and your answers were always ones that I felt were, well, probably terse because you were gut reading me bad, but certainly not overly forthcoming. I think it would be useful for oyu to revisit this and see if you can get a handle on where your various vibes on him are coming from.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Day 4 is a nice thing to read. A 12 vote landslide lynch for a scum in Enrique. Something to be celebrated hahaha. I have no doubt that there are many bad guys on the Enrique wagon, and will gut read early to mid votes against the Enrique wagon as viable attempts to create other play. His teammates would have bussed the fuck out of him here, and the Empire would have found it a very easy way to get their vote in.

Interesting votes:

Roxy voted for Faraday. She must have sensed (or become aware of) the same thing I did in the previous analysis. I think it's a really bad look for Faraday. Voting every day but posting fuck all, and having a vote from our dead tracker on him is a really really bad look for Mr Faraday. Considering he voted for her on day 2 I expect that she would have tracked him at least one of the subsequent two nights.

Canucklehead's vote for Enrique when he was already absolutely confirmed to be lynched, is another bad look for her (thanks Golden). Her voting pattern (no votes until now) and then a throw away vote against a scum wagon is a really bad tell for her being Empire quite frankly. If she was a Hutt she'd have got her vote on there so fast. A civ with a lack of content is probably going to put her vote on the lynch wagon of a player who quite frankly looked confirmed scum to boot. Canucklehead's vote looks like an Empire player who a) wasn't sure it was a scum wagon by virtue of him not being a teammate. and b) the vote of an Empire player who didn't want to put her vote on the same wagon as all of her teammates. That being said Simon voted even later than Canuck against the scum wagon and he flipped civ but he was following his mother's vote who voted early to mid for Roxy.

DFaraday also voted away from the scum wagon. Which tbh is a marginal good look, but in light of other factors means nothing. He is a major scum read.

Glorfindel at this point had voted three and missed one. Two were for Russ. The most recent two. Golden you seem to have opinions about both these players. What do you make of this? At face value it looks like a scum distancing throwing his vote away on a teammate twice.

The most suspicious vote on the Enrique wagon imo is DrWilgy's vote. It was late and it was his first actual vote on anybody. It's not that suspicious but for him to have voted on himself instead of a closer wagon before, and now to vote late on a huge one. Is kind of strange.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'll do 5 and 6 later. I gotta do other shit.

Significantly bad looks go to Faraday and Wilgy from that. MP looks the worst of the main contributors.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:

I'll probably vote MP.
I don't get this response to my vote at all. Your explanation didn't cut it for me.

This is not how Mafia games go:

"I think you're bad because reasons."
"Yes well I'm not because reasons."
"Okay good squire consider me sold!"

Like for real. Your suspicion was weird, your response to my suspicions were wishy washy, you used meaningless words and phrases, you saying that I hadn't made concrete points was a lie.

Every reason I see for MP being bad = the guy is in the middle of some seriously important shit. He might be bad, but I feel WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better with my vote on you.

Search yourselves people. Actually take a look at the entire interaction between Dom and I. He gives himself away with the words he uses.
You don't get anything I do. You twist everything I do and say into being bad. My MP points are genuine-- must be on a team with Zebra WHO SUSPECTS ME HARDCORE
Okay....Keep on tinfoiling into oblivion.

And-- just because someone doesn't air everything they're doing in the thread, doesn't mean that they're not doing something "important". (MP, I'm not judging you for this, I'm just also not thrilled by the implication that, apparently your PhD work is so important that it gives you a free ride, but my student teaching receives no such special treatment.)

Spacedaisy wrote:Oh boy, sorry guys. I lost some steam at the thought of reading zebra and MP. I can't give an opinion on anything much from what went on before, but I have some opinions right now from the catch up I just did.

1. MP backing off me when he was previously suspicious of Glorf is absolutely 100% shady. I can understand it at first, and it usually takes a bit of time before I can decide how I feel about him, a cycle or two. He feels like he's buddying up to me. He likes it if he thinks he can get me on his side, thinks an endorsement from me carries more credibility. I don't like that feeling right now. It's not as strong as it has been other games, but it's there.

<<Snip>>

Sorry for being such a mediocre replacement. :(
THIS A THOUSAND PRECENT.
I also don't think you've been a mediocre replacement, FWIW.

Anyway, I'll look into Canuck's case on Zebra tomorrow-- today I would really like to lynch MP. I am also beginning to think that maybe Mac is his teammate with the way he keep steering the conversation away from him.
MacDougall wrote:
Dom shading MP is genuine but his shading me is not. I think he is Zebra's teammate.
You are infallible!!! You should have told me before! AHH I see the light now! I am not allowed to suspect you!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You take things too personally and make things too personal.

And your emotional reaction reveals you think I am a tinfoiling towny so lol at you actually suspecting me. Since when do scum tinfoil.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:You take things too personally and make things too personal.

And your emotional reaction reveals you think I am a tinfoiling towny so lol at you actually suspecting me. Since when do scum tinfoil.
Since there are two scum teams?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

You seem to forget that little nugget quite often, though. Almost like you're on one of them. :rolleyes:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm voting MP.

Mac, have fun desperately trying to discredit me from lynching one of your teammates.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 42

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures is civ
You should let him live
If you lynch him I'll know
Who the bad guys are and blow
them away.
M'kay?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

I don't trust Llama.
Zebra is a slight civ read for me.
I did have Mac as a civ, but I don't like that he voted for Dom over MP.
I'm feeling better about SpaceDaisy.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MP is bad. He is not bad. He is Empire. He is one of the Jawas. He is town. He is Hutt. He is one of the Tusken Raiders. He is civilian. He must be lynched. Dom is good.

MovingPictures07
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MP is the re-incarnation of Boba Fett, praise be. All hail Darth MP.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP MP
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

Ah, my voting record. The bane of my mafia existence, in this game and every other. :sigh:
It's totally my own fault, so I accept whatever suspicion I get based on my failures, and all I can say in my defense is that I am terrible at participation, regardless of my alignment. Just take a look at my P-score. I may actually be the only person on this site who has actually (rightfully) been penalized in that way. Those who have played with me a lot, will no doubt remember that I am garbage at participating/caring in the early stages of big games because it's just too much to keep track of and I'm not that dedicated (this is not an excuse, just an explanation). As the game goes on and the player list thins out, I'm better able to get a handle on what's going on, and better able to creatively and usefully deploy any role powers I might have, and therefore better able to engage in thread. In this game, I missed those early votes due to a combination of what I just mentioned, and an old habit of voting right before bed (since many games here often have later poll close times). Again, not an excuse. I accept whatever gets thrown at me because of my failure to participate.

In other news,
i haven't had a chance to continue with my Z-Hutt case yet, and won't before this day cycle is over. Which is a bummer. I'm not comfortable voting her based only on having a small (but significant) ping from Day 1 business. I do, however, really agree with this statement from Daisy:
Spacedaisy wrote:Additionally her response to Canuck bringing a case against her was odd, it read to me like someone who was trying not to make any sudden moves, maybe sway Canuck by seeming calm and friendly. I don't know Zebra well though this might just be her personality. But that kind of behavior always reads baddie to me.
However, this comment from Daisy is even more damning, and helps me feel better about the MP wiggliness I've been tentative to commit to all game:
Spacedaisy wrote:Oh boy, sorry guys. I lost some steam at the thought of reading zebra and MP. I can't give an opinion on anything much from what went on before, but I have some opinions right now from the catch up I just did.

2. The Rox flip and sig's point about her statement is too strong to ignore. The people she suspected should be up on the chopping block IMO. MP is no exception. Wasn't zebra in there too? I thought she was just trying to get out, but what sig said now that we know her role makes so much more sense.

3. I wouldn't read much into what someone said was a connection between MP and Glorf. I know for a fact they didn't have BTSC, because I don't. What was pointed out as him prompting Glorf is silly, he would have prompted BTSC, not in thread. That was MP wearing his admin hat and trying to help a new member acclimate.

Anyway my read of MP = bad.
I don't mean to offload the responsibility of my vote onto Daisy, but her read of MP is really, really one that I trust, and coupling that with my own sneaking suspicions of MP, I will probably vote there today. Dom's right: we all have RL shit, and if we felt bad about voting for everyone who's got crap to do outside the game, we'd never lynch anyone ever. Dom's also right that Daisy hasn't been a mediocre sub. You've been at least above average, girl. Don't sell yourself short. :p

Also, where the heck did Sorsha come from?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MP himself said don't lynch him for MP reasons. Also I'm bad for being friendly? Yikes.

Return to “Previous Jobs”