Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I agree with that, zebra. I think it likely roxy's read on MP came from tracking.

I just mean tracking is not foolproof in that someone else can target the same person at the same time. It's just one piece of a puzzle.
It didn't. I'm absolutely town.
That's what the second sentence is for... :suspish:
Doesn't matter what the second sentence is for; it's not true.
So you are saying you know that Roxy never tracked you. How can you be so sure?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:I agree with that, zebra. I think it likely roxy's read on MP came from tracking.

I just mean tracking is not foolproof in that someone else can target the same person at the same time. It's just one piece of a puzzle.
It didn't. I'm absolutely town.
That's what the second sentence is for... :suspish:
Doesn't matter what the second sentence is for; it's not true.
So you are saying you know that Roxy never tracked you. How can you be so sure?
Well, I don't know if she tracked me, I just know she didn't track me as a killer or anything that would indicate me being a mafia. I think if she had tracked me and I was mafia, she would have gunned after me absolutely, even in self-sacrifice. The very fact that people are justifying their votes based on Roxy's flip is hogwash.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I've also given up in these kinds of dire-seeming situations before as mafia, never as civilian.
But you don't always give up as mafia (Roger Rabbit).

I don't think it is alignment-indictavie behaviour.

However... if I could change my vote, I would probably vote for daisy at this point.

linki @MP - I don't agree with what you are saying about Roxy. Roxy herself would understand that tracking isn't foolproof, so I don't think she would have gunned after you absolutely on that alone. I think she more likely would have waited and tracked you again or something first.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I've also given up in these kinds of dire-seeming situations before as mafia, never as civilian.
But you don't always give up as mafia (Roger Rabbit).

I don't think it is alignment-indictavie behaviour.

However... if I could change my vote, I would probably vote for daisy at this point.

linki @MP - I don't agree with what you are saying about Roxy. Roxy herself would understand that tracking isn't foolproof, so I don't think she would have gunned after you absolutely on that alone. I think she more likely would have waited and tracked you again or something first.
Well, I'm not saying it's alignment indicative 100%, that would be silly. But I think the reasons that many have voted for me today are tenuous at best. Despite continually going back and forth on whether I suspect Dom, he seems to have the most legitimate feelings on the matter. Everyone is just like "yeah, well, Roxy did track him", and sig and GlorfinDaisy are definitely manipulating the lynch. I can't see any other reason that they would act so suddenly confident, conveniently when they knew that I would be unable to defend myself. sig voted for me before I even told you guys I'd be available. And yet here he still is. I don't see how that's town-like behavior when votes aren't changeable. He damned me before I could even defend myself, since I've gone unattacked all game since Mac stopped attacking me.

Re: Rox, maybe. I can't say I am a good predictor of Roxy's behavior given any set of facts, so maybe you're right. I just don't understand why everyone is extrapolating I'm mafia, because I'm not.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bubbles might be silenced :p

Also, is that more than once she has voted for df? I feel like it is, and that interests me.

@MP - oh, I agree that the reasons many people have voted for you are tenuous at best. My reason is that I was offered a large sum of credits. That is definitely a tenuous reason to vote for someone who is on my rainbow in the blue zone and isn't around to defend themselves. If you survived, I doubt I'd vote for you again tomorrow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm probably fucked anyway because I would need at least 3 other people willing to vote zebra (or 4 for GlorfinDaisy) for me to even survive, including my own vote, and that's assuming no one else votes for me. I already know certain non-entities will likely miss the vote (Bass 2.0, for example). But if I do die, I want to at least be able to say that I left you all with my thoughts and that I tried to save myself this latter part of the Day period.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Bubbles might be silenced :p

Also, is that more than once she has voted for df? I feel like it is, and that interests me.

@MP - oh, I agree that the reasons many people have voted for you are tenuous at best. My reason is that I was offered a large sum of credits. That is definitely a tenuous reason to vote for someone who is on my rainbow in the blue zone and isn't around to defend themselves. If you survived, I doubt I'd vote for you again tomorrow.
Why would anyone silence Bubbles? Lol. No offense to Bubbles (she's awesome), but that seems like a waste. XD

See, that's kinda my point. I don't think Roxy really went after me particularly more than anyone else, and I think a thorough examination of her posts needs to be conducted before anyone can conclude that she tracked anyone successfully. I'll ISO her first actually.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:The people I think are bad and I will bevoting one of them:

Zebra
DFaraday
Dom
TheFloyd
Canuck
Wiggly
Ninjabloops
This was on Day 4. Also, Roxy seemed to go after Elohcin quite a bit.

I'm still catching up but wanted to ISO Roxy based on her role, and this seemed like a good post to quote.
Image Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Based on how today's gone down especially, I would like to most lynch GlorfinDaisy or sig.
So... people that... suspect you?
GlorfinDaisy, I don't blame you that much for, but it's a huge back pedal.

Sig? That's a huge NO U.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think anyone has silence bubbles. I just like the idea.

My point was more about the fact she has been voting df... twice now?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

Does the poll expire today or tomorrow? I'm a bit lost.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm probably fucked anyway because I would need at least 3 other people willing to vote zebra (or 4 for GlorfinDaisy) for me to even survive, including my own vote, and that's assuming no one else votes for me. I already know certain non-entities will likely miss the vote (Bass 2.0, for example). But if I do die, I want to at least be able to say that I left you all with my thoughts and that I tried to save myself this latter part of the Day period.
I'm thinking of voting Zeebs. She's deserving of a revenge vote anyway AND she was tops on Roxy's Day Four suspect list.

I'm also interested in DFaraday. Not only did she make Roxy's Bad List on day 4 (second I believe?), but I believe she also had a back and forth with him.

Hmmmm

Linki - Bullzeye, 8:30 pm eastern is when the poll is over. Derp. You make me think you're bad when asking such silly questions.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Er...DFaraday is a he. Haha.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm probably fucked anyway because I would need at least 3 other people willing to vote zebra (or 4 for GlorfinDaisy) for me to even survive, including my own vote, and that's assuming no one else votes for me. I already know certain non-entities will likely miss the vote (Bass 2.0, for example). But if I do die, I want to at least be able to say that I left you all with my thoughts and that I tried to save myself this latter part of the Day period.
I'm thinking of voting Zeebs. She's deserving of a revenge vote anyway AND she was tops on Roxy's Day Four suspect list.

I'm also interested in DFaraday. Not only did she make Roxy's Bad List on day 4 (second I believe?), but I believe she also had a back and forth with him.

Hmmmm

Linki - Bullzeye, 8:30 pm eastern is when the poll is over. Derp. You make me think you're bad when asking such silly questions.
Funny you go straight to bad and not the obvious option of distracted. But thanks for answering.It was all part of my evil nefarious plan to get you to tell me the time the poll ends so I can be all evil and stuff.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I believe it. Bullz, when are we gonna be Mafia together again?
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Based on how today's gone down especially, I would like to most lynch GlorfinDaisy or sig.
So... people that... suspect you?
GlorfinDaisy, I don't blame you that much for, but it's a huge back pedal.

Sig? That's a huge NO U.
I already explained how he's given me literally no chance to defend myself and simply railroaded me. So yeah, you could call it a NO U. I don't care. He's bad, I bet on it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:I believe it. Bullz, when are we gonna be Mafia together again?
The next time RNGesus wills it I guess. It would be fun to evil it up with you again since we haven't done so in like four years.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, thanks for bringing up that list, Matt. I'll see what else I can find.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I don't think anyone has silence bubbles. I just like the idea.

My point was more about the fact she has been voting df... twice now?
I can look into DF as well. I'm glad you brought that up.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt wrote:

Hmmmm

I'd probably be more interested in a DF lynch simply because DF seems like a good Roxy tracker candidate, but I wouldn't want to vote for DF based on that alone, and zebra has 1 more vote than DF does... and I still have a ways to go not to die.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Dom, who are your top suspects and why? What do you think of sig?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey Dom, who are your top suspects and why? What do you think of sig?
Sig? Slight civvie read.

Top suspects? Have I not spelled this out?
You, Mac, willing to consider GlorfinDaisy and Zebra.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Noted, thanks.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

MP you mentioned that civ Dom is more emotional when suspected than Mafia Dom I think. Is that right?

So Wilgy came back after my voter analysis that had him as a very bad boy and just didn't respond. Do we reckon he just didn't read it?

Dom, if you keep saying I'm suspicious I'm going to keep asking why. You can keep avoiding the question but surely eventually other people are going to slam you for it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:MP you mentioned that civ Dom is more emotional when suspected than Mafia Dom I think. Is that right?

So Wilgy came back after my voter analysis that had him as a very bad boy and just didn't respond. Do we reckon he just didn't read it?

Dom, if you keep saying I'm suspicious I'm going to keep asking why. You can keep avoiding the question but surely eventually other people are going to slam you for it.
I have answered the question, but you just don't like the answer-- please stop harassing me.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Reminder that the poll will officially be closed at 8:30PM EST. Note that I am feeling under the weather today so the post may be late/lacking. NO VOTES AFTER 8:30PM EST WILL COUNT THANKS
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP you mentioned that civ Dom is more emotional when suspected than Mafia Dom I think. Is that right?

I have answered the question, but you just don't like the answer-- please stop harassing me.
Why are you so fucking touchy. It's so fucking annoying dude.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I legit quit this crap. Swap me out. I can't take this bullshit anymore.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hmmm... I don't know. Dom is an emotional player in general, and I mean no offense when I say that; in fact, I think it allows him to detect certain pings that pure analysis just can't pick up. When he's on, he has a pretty good radar.

Despite playing with him since my first game ever back in 2010, he has a difficult meta to summarize, and I think he's hard to catch one way or the other. It's why I'm having a hard time grappling with him this game. Based on my observations, I think he tends to go against the grain more as civilian, and a bit more subtly thread-manipulative as bad, but I can't say that with confidence. He and I have had a rivalry for a long time, and I think he tends to read me as mafia almost every game he's a civilian in, regardless of whether I'm mafia or not. I feel like he approached suspicion of me more cautiously at first this game, and recently has started suspecting me a lot more.

TL;DR: I'm torn, and his difference in alignment is difficult to pin down.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol. The irony of quitting because of labeling someone else "touchy".

:beer:

MacD, come back and play. So I can vote you for being either Golden's or Dom's teamie.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And regardless of his alignment, he tends to ask a lot of questions. I've seen that here, although he was a bit (understandably, it seems, due to RL) subdued until the past couple of cycles.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The amount of effort I have exerted and time I have put in to have my effort hand waved away as being harassing. There is literally no point. It's not fun. Goodbye. Thanks for your time.

Eat a dick Matt.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:

Why are you so fucking touchy. It's so fucking annoying dude.
I have outlined it nicely a few times. You choose not to acknowledge it. If my choice of words bothered you, I apologize.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

:eek:
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

Mp thanks for saying I'm some brilliant mafia manipulator, but that idea is laughable. I did vote early since I was confident you were mafia, though the fact you think Iwas able to manipulate this entire thing against you and I switched from solid civ to must lynch so quickly only confirms you're scum.

Mac I'm sorry you feel that way I don't think this is the case and I think you and Dom are havinga misunderstanding. You should PM the mod and duty and stayand play. :beer:
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey Matt, let's talk. Where are you at now?

sig, how does it confirm I'm mafia? Why the heck would town go out against someone they've never previously voiced substantive suspicion against, then vote before they know the accused player can respond? If you're town, you definitely have your blinders on, and I don't understand why you wouldn't even give me a chance to let me address any of your concerns. Your case is merely an incredibly specific interpretation of my actions that isn't true, but you didn't even let me talk to you about it before you voted for me.

Anyway, I'm frustrated about it, but I'm done talking about it, unless you want to engage me specifically and are open to considering you're incorrect.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Poll ends in 3 hours... I hope the others who haven't voted yet show up.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, going to look into Roxy now. If anyone has other requests, let me know.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Poll ends in 3 hours... I hope the others who haven't voted yet show up.
I can't decide who to vote for at all today :(
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bullzeye wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Poll ends in 3 hours... I hope the others who haven't voted yet show up.
I'd implore you to assist in my survival, but of course, if you think I'm the best way to vote then I understand.

Let's talk. What thoughts do you have on today's events? Or if you're unsure about how today impacts your reads, who were you suspecting most before Day 7 events?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Instead of ISOing Roxy conventionally, I'm going to go through every single one of her posts and track every time she mentions someone, who she mentions, and whether that mention is positive, neutral, or negative. Hopefully it'll be worthwhile.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I'd implore you to assist in my survival, but of course, if you think I'm the best way to vote then I understand.

Let's talk. What thoughts do you have on today's events? Or if you're unsure about how today impacts your reads, who were you suspecting most before Day 7 events?
I don't think you're bad, so I won't be voting you. I think you're right that Roxy would've made a much bigger deal about you if she'd really had evidence you were bad. I also don't think Zebra is bad, so I won't be voting her either and she's (I guess only barely) the closest to you in the poll. I still think Mac's attitude is reminiscent of his baddie game in TH but I dunno if that's enough to justify a vote. Other than that I don't have many worthwhile thoughts. I may need another read, I have the time.

Really I should just stop socialising so much and become a mafia hermit or something. Then maybe I'd stand a chance at being good at this game.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm wondering if there is some sort of dark force power that makes people quit :mafia:

I still haven't caught up. Really I apologize but I've been catching up on AWR, doing laundry, my boys came over and we're playing CoD 2 (it'd be great if one of us could purchase 3 haha)

But right now, I think Mac is possibly bad. Why the F would he up and quit after Roxy just did so as a civ? I don't buy it.

Anyway, on that note, going to vote Zeebs. I won't be back for the remainder of the day phase and I'll ask kindly that nobody question me on that.

Good day!
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:I'm wondering if there is some sort of dark force power that makes people quit :mafia:

I still haven't caught up. Really I apologize but I've been catching up on AWR, doing laundry, my boys came over and we're playing CoD 2 (it'd be great if one of us could purchase 3 haha)

But right now, I think Mac is possibly bad. Why the F would he up and quit after Roxy just did so as a civ? I don't buy it.

Anyway, on that note, going to vote Zeebs. I won't be back for the remainder of the day phase and I'll ask kindly that nobody question me on that.

Good day!
COD 2 as in the one that came out 10 years ago?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hmmm... I don't know. Dom is an emotional player in general, and I mean no offense when I say that; in fact, I think it allows him to detect certain pings that pure analysis just can't pick up. When he's on, he has a pretty good radar.

Despite playing with him since my first game ever back in 2010, he has a difficult meta to summarize, and I think he's hard to catch one way or the other. It's why I'm having a hard time grappling with him this game. Based on my observations, I think he tends to go against the grain more as civilian, and a bit more subtly thread-manipulative as bad, but I can't say that with confidence. He and I have had a rivalry for a long time, and I think he tends to read me as mafia almost every game he's a civilian in, regardless of whether I'm mafia or not. I feel like he approached suspicion of me more cautiously at first this game, and recently has started suspecting me a lot more.

TL;DR: I'm torn, and his difference in alignment is difficult to pin down.
THIS is the post you choose to tl;dr?

:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy - mentions of other players
a2thezebra - 1 neutral, 13 negative
Bass 2.0 - 1 negative
bcornett24 - 1 negative
Black Rock - 1 neutral
Bubbles - 1 positive
Canucklehead - 1 neutral, 3 negative
DFaraday - 1 neutral, 6 negative
Dom - 4 negative
Dragon D. Luffy - 1 neutral
DrWilgy - 2 negative
Elohcin - 8 negative
Enrique - 1 negative
Glorfindel / Spacedaisy - 1 positive
Golden - 1 positive, 1 neutral
Luke11646 / thellama73 - 1 neutral, 1 negative
MacDougall - 1 positive, 1 neutral
Matt 1.0 - 2 neutral
Matt 2.0 - 1 negative
Metalmarsh89 - 1 neutral
MovingPictures07 - 2 neutral, 2 negative
nijuukyugou - 2 negative
Russtifinko - 1 positive, 1 neutral
sig - 1 positive
Simon - 1 negative
Sorsha - 1 neutral, 2 negative
TheFloyd73 / Bullzeye - 1 positive, 1 neutral, 2 negative

I only consider pre-death mentions of each player (for example, Roxy said "yay Matt" after he died, so that is not included).

If Roxy says the same name two or more times within the same post, but does not make two or more separate/distinct observations about that player, I consider it to be only one mention.

I consider a mention "neutral" if she mentioned the player but didn't provide any read or alignment. Otherwise, regardless of the reason, I consider positive mentions (civilian, anything of the sort) and negative mentions (mafia, anything of the sort).

All of Roxy's Day 1 posts were neutral, since she throws out names but doesn't say anything, so see an example here. Even Matt, who she voted for, was a "random" vote and she said nothing about reading him one way or the other, so I consider that neutral as well. It makes sense now in hindsight, given she was the tracker, that she wouldn't want to commit to any stance before she could even track anyone.

Inevitably, this required some judgment, and some of the number counts probably aren't perfect, especially since some of her mentions were more about the game itself and some were about specific suspicions/thoughts as normal. Tried to minimize counting the former though.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think the Roxy/Eloh stuff felt more like style clash and less game related.

The number of negative mentions of DF and zebra stand out to me, though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All of Roxy's "positive" mentions were in the Day 6 GTH reads she provided:
Roxy wrote:MetalMarsh89 Indy
Bullzeye Civ
sig Civ
Dom Bad
Dfaraday Indy
Matt Bad
MacDougall Civ
MovingPictures07 Bad
Elohcin Bad
Bass Bad
Luke11646 Bad
Black Rock Indy
Bubbles Civ
a2thezebra Bad
DrWigly Bad
Canucklehead Indy
Russtifinko Civ
Glorfindel Civ
Golden Civ
nijuukyugou Bad
Sorsha Bad

Linky whoopdedoo :rolleyes:
What I don't understand is why people (namely, zebra) think I'm likely the tracked one, when there are plenty of other players Roxy suddenly mentioned as mafia for almost the first time recently as well (such as Blooper, Bass 2.0, Sorsha, etc.) in this exercise. Just look above at 1 or 2 mentions negative and there are many.

I don't see any indication that Roxy tracked anyone... it's difficult to tell, but her suspicions of zebra and Elo seem thread-based. I suppose they could be thread-based as a result of tracking, but I don't know. Roxy didn't make it particularly easy to follow any breadcrumbs, so I don't think she had any incredibly conclusive/consistent results to share.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:
Matt wrote:I'm wondering if there is some sort of dark force power that makes people quit :mafia:

Good day!
COD 2 as in the one that came out 10 years ago?
Whoops my bad. I was just informed that it is Black Ops 2 we play.

Also, just effin' around with my last post. I figured with the quits left and right it'd be funny to act as if I'm force voting Zeebs. But I'm not, that was a real vote.

Going to WinCo for a few hours, that's why I won't be around but again, I thought it'd be funny to stir some shit and be weird but as a civvie I shouldn't be trying to distract the town so my apologies.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:I think the Roxy/Eloh stuff felt more like style clash and less game related.

The number of negative mentions of DF and zebra stand out to me, though.
DFaraday definitely seems like the most likely tracked result if there were any, especially since her suspicion of DFaraday in-thread was essentially that he was changing up his style, but zebra is a possibility as well, probably 2nd place. Dom is my 3rd guess. Again, if she even had any results to share.

Return to “Previous Jobs”