Host/non
72%

Total votes: 18
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 14

Post by S~V~S »

yeah,dom. I was saying you should go ask TH, your teammate.

And Golden,I could do that. I would so much rather lynch Dom. Becasue he can see how much this is upsetting me, and he has not once said that I have to know he would never do such a thing. Which he would do it he was civ, I am100% sure of it.

Night all. time to walk away.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:yeah,dom. I was saying you should go ask TH, your teammate.

And Golden,I could do that. I would so much rather lynch Dom. Becasue he can see how much this is upsetting me, and he has not once said that I have to know he would never do such a thing. Which he would do it he was civ, I am100% sure of it.

Night all. time to walk away.
No I wouldn't. I don't think I've ever relied on that kind of argument.

I didn't kill MM, anyway.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

I thought it was pretty obvious from the night post that MM and TImmer killed each other? And why wouldn't TImmer kill MM if he know MM was coming for him? What am I missing here?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote:The case i have on LoRab basically boils down to her being linked to Dom, and to her throwing Timmer under the bus when Golden first brought the Obsidian Dagger up on Day 6 when it looked like Timmer was going down, and then backing off until he made the Figurine mistake.

I haven't gone through all of their posts yet, but i don't need to dig deep to see Turnip Head only had 2 interactions with LoRab before TH's lynch Day 13:

Day 8:
Turnip Head wrote:Tell me more about your suspicion of sig, Lorab. Does the fact that he's dead make you suspect him more?
Day 9:
Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:Also votes can't be changed this round, it would seem.
That is an unfortunate turn of events.
Day 13:
Turnip Head wrote:
LoRab wrote:TH seems less and less likely to be good.
Is this a math joke?
This is it, literally nothing else until the day of his lynch in which i pushed hard to see TH lynched. I could dig deeper tonight, probably tomorrow. This is actually quite a bit of work :p
Yes, I've come to trust Dom and have been pretty open about that. Is it 100%? No. I didn't recruit him, so I don't know for sure. But I have reasons to believe that he is being truthful about being a civ.

I can't help when I begin to find people suspicious. Sometimes, it's because of something someone else first notices. And I didn't back off Timmer, there were other things being discussed. Also, he was off the poll. Also, I discussed that fact.

And are you really saying you'd be less suspicious of me if I hadn't become suspicious of Timmer and TH? So, I actively take part in lynching/trying to lynch 2 players on the team, and because you have decided that I'm on that team, I clearly threw them both under the bus, instead of being a civ who was suspicious of them and wanted to get rid of the team? I'm not sure I even understand your logic there.

Also, I'm suspicious because I've defended Dom (whom you don't know the allegiance of). And suspicious because I went against 2 other teammates after you think I completely ignored them in the thread throughout the game until that point. So, which is it? Am I suspicious because you think I defend teammates or because you think I bus them?

And interactions in the thread mean nothing. Not interacting doesn't mean not mentioning or not considering.

And please, dig away. There is nothing there that makes me bad, because I am not.
Tranq wrote:Well, let's see. Let's ask everyone. Answering no wouldn't be against the rules.

Draconus, did you recruit Dom? Unlikely, given the btsc we shared and his suspicion of you Day 12.
fingersplints, did you recruit Dom? I guess not, as fingersplints is your Circle suspect.
Golden, did you recruit Dom? Unlikely, given Golden considered you a suspect Day 12 here and here.
LoRab, did you recruit Dom?
S~V~S, did you recruit Dom? Haha maybe it's S~V~S!
Sorsha, did you recruit Dom? I guess not, as Sorsha is your Circle suspect.
I did not recruit Dom (as stated above).
Dom wrote:FS-- what do you think of Tranq's "deal" with SVS?
Draconus-- what do you think of Tranq's "deal" with SVS?
Sorsha-- waht do you think of Tranq's "deal" with SVS?
Golden-- what do you think of Tranq's "deal" with SVS?
I don't really trust either of them at this moment.
S~V~S wrote: So I am not a huge fan of this being discussed this way, since it is not true, and I have not admitted I was bad to anyone.
Admitted is an interesting word choice...because it means that you haven't fessed up. There are many words you could use to mean said or claimed...I can't help but think that you slipped here.
Sorsha wrote:Tranq might be completely right about Dom and LoRab being Circle. The problem with your case Tranq is that if we save svs for "last" and she's not actually the last Cabal. Civs lose.

I'm fine with lynching Dom or LoRab tomorrow after we find out if svs is the last Cabal.
I agree with the theory of this, but I would encourage you to not lynch me. Or Dom for that matter. But ultimately, I'm a believer in self-preservation.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't think there is any rule prohibiting someone from answering the question "Did you recruit Dom?" It doesn't exactly strike me as the proper way to play Mafia, either, from a "spirit of the game" point of view. It's up to everyone to decide if they want to answer it or not. I'm not going to stop you. It probably detracts from the magic of Dom's role somewhat, to ask the remaining players to strip him of secrets.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:I'm not replying to Tranq's post because he admitted to actively made a deal with a baddie
You're not replying to my post because you know the case i made is correct :p

The deal i made with SVS is one of the better moves i made this game actually. She cannot win anymore, so the only thing she wants is revenge for MM. Which means dead Circles and i agree with that. I wouldn't trust a deal with most other baddie players, but this is SVS, we have history together and i trust her word. Eliminating the Circle first is the safest way to get a civ win.

I'm voting LoRab. I think she's Scrippleskits or Possessing Entity.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote:
Dom wrote:I'm not replying to Tranq's post because he admitted to actively made a deal with a baddie

The deal i made with SVS is one of the better moves i made this game actually. She cannot win anymore, so the only thing she wants is revenge for MM. Which means dead Circles and i agree with that. I wouldn't trust a deal with most other baddie players, but this is SVS, we have history together and i trust her word. Eliminating the Circle first is the safest way to get a civ win.

I am neither. And before anything happens, I'll say that I do have some vote changers saved up (from voting the right way in night polls and my love of fortune cookies)...I point that out because you've mentioned Skripplewhatever.

And, really, you haven't made a case against me. You could at least give me the respect of allowing me a chance to defend. Or, for that matter, responding to the defense I made to your semi-accusation post of earlier.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

How would having some vote changers convince me you guys aren't the biggest threat atm? It makes it worse :eek:

I didn't mean to ignore your post like Dom did to mine. I didn't have alot of time this morning. I'll look at it when i get home from work tonight.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Tranq wrote:How would having some vote changers convince me you guys aren't the biggest threat atm? It makes it worse :eek:

I didn't mean to ignore your post like Dom did to mine. I didn't have alot of time this morning. I'll look at it when i get home from work tonight.
It wouldn't convince you that I am not bad. But I mention it as a reminder that roles aren't the only way that votes are not what they seem.

Also, how are you so sure of which roles are not only bad, but on a particular team?
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

I still have a lot of reading to do, but I just happen to see Dom's question in someone's post. I've trusted Tranq for most of this game now. In map btsc he said things about other players that I totally agreed with, and that have been correct so far. I'm not sure where the whole "Tranq is bad" thing is coming from, atm, but I do agree with him that it would be most wise to try and take out the Decay members first.

This doesn't answer Dom's question, though. I only just found out about Tranq's "deal" with SVS. If anything, the deal makes me feel better about Tranq not being the last member of the Cabal. I haven't done enough reading to see what SVS had to say about the deal, though. Some enlightenment on this aspect would be appreciated :)

Also, just happened to scroll up before posting and see Tranq's question. I did not recruit Dom. I have yet to share a square with him. Also, he suspected me? The only thing I saw in that link was him questioning my logic behind saying that he was recruited by SVS. I no longer think this, fwiw.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
I think someone said a bunch of crap to me based on the presumption that I am bad. So I am not a huge fan of this being discussed this way, since it is not true, and I have not admitted I was bad to anyone. But at this point all I really care about it that the people who killed Metalmarsh die. That was unnecessary. He put his faith in me, and it got him screwed. All I care about at this point is that the Circle does NOT win, other than that I don't particularly care who does. Circle members, ask TH how I am about this kind of thing, he was my teammate in HSK.
Tranq has said a great deal to me based on the supposition that I am bad, as I said ^^ personally, I kind of agree with him. When numbers are this tight, and no one seems to have a consensus on just who the circle is, it would make more sense to sort that out first.
I approve of this deal, no matter which one of these 2 are bad :srsnod:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:Image
I love this, btw!! XD

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Golden wrote:
Draconus wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Tranq wrote:So, MM and Timmer are dead. It still makes more sense to lynch another member of the Circle first.
SVS is a one-woman team at this point. Timmer had 3 teammates who helped him get off the poll. If he only had 2, another 3rd player would've gotten a PM asking them to take Timmer off the poll. I suspect they recruited the Living Statue, and have Scrippleskitz or Possessing Entity still alive. I'm not willing to give them the Cabal's NK tonight. With an SVS lynch and a civ NK, they're standing 4 vs 2. If they have Scrippleskitz, they win. If they have Possessing Entity, and the role is similar to the version in A World Apart, they potentially have a lynch deflection. They'd win.

Dom is the most obvious Circle of Decay member. I suspect LoRab is aswell. I think she recruited him. Their thread behaviour links them together and they both have connections to Timmer and Turnip Head aswell. I'll make a post on them in a bit.

I don't suspect Sorsha at this point. One could say the game has come full circle :)
How is it 4? We just lynched TH and Timmer is gone now

I agree with you about the rest just trying to work out the numbers. I'm not sure why Lorab is cleared by some. I'd always rather lynch original baddie over recruit - so I guess my lynch options would look Lorab > SVS > Dom
I agree with the bolded. We'll need landslide lynches now, so hopefully Golden and Sorsha are on the same page as us.
Not right now. I agree with you that we need to get on the same page though. But lets not just jump into one choice... discussion is what is needed.

I am really thinking tranq might be a good option. He is pushing one paricular narrative very hard when I think multiple potential scenarios are open..

Circle 2, cabal 1
Circle 1, cabal 2
Circle 2, cabal 2
Circle 1, cabal 1

I think we should be treating all of these as options. If SVS is bad and is the trickster, there is no reason for me to assume Cabal is down to one.

I have been believing tranq and SVS are a team for a while. Could LoRab be circle? I think it is possible, but I'm not as convinced...

Also, there is just the reality for me that every single person left in the game falls inside what I would call my circle of trust and so at this point I reocgnise I could be wrong about anyone and that includes Sorsha and Draco.
Understandable. I'm just terrified that lynching Tranq will just be a repeat of the Bass and Matt scenarios. And if that's the case, we lose. Also, why turn the lynch on someone who's willing to vote someone he thinks is Circle? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Cabal. I just think we stand a better chance of winning against the Cabal in the end, especially if Scripple is still alive.

And sorry for this quad post. I'll add one final thought here to avoid 5 in a row. I believe Lorab has been a bit too careful to avoid any sort of suspicious activity. What makes me think this is her quick-draw on the "you have no evidence on me" card every time she comes under fire. To me this just screams baddie. So no matter which team she's on, I think she'll be a good candidate. I'm more convinced that she's circle, though, based on current numbers and suspicions. Putting a placeholder vote on her now so I don't forget later.

Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:You killed my marmot.
New signature. :hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Tranq wrote:

...I will answer your post when you answer mine.

Why the hell should I just trust you? You've admitted to being a baddie. How do I know you and SVS aren't on the same team? How do I know this isn't a Cabal plot to win?

Why should I put any stock in what you say?
Tranq wrote:How would having some vote changers convince me you guys aren't the biggest threat atm? It makes it worse :eek:

You ignored MY questions, Tranq.
Draconus wrote: This doesn't answer Dom's question, though. I only just found out about Tranq's "deal" with SVS. If anything, the deal makes me feel better about Tranq not being the last member of the Cabal. I haven't done enough reading to see what SVS had to say about the deal, though. Some enlightenment on this aspect would be appreciated :)
I appreciate you wanting my question answered too, but how the hell does Tranq making a secret deal with a baddie make you feel BETTER about him?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

5th post. SORRY!! This late in the game, I felt it necessary to pull examples of what I was referring to about Lorab. List of examples below.
LoRab wrote:And, really, you haven't made a case against me. You could at least give me the respect of allowing me a chance to defend.
LoRab wrote:And please, dig away. There is nothing there that makes me bad, because I am not.
LoRab wrote:I AM NOT BAD. Anything you think you have on me is wrong.
LoRab wrote:Not circle. What role do you have me slotted for?

And if you have me as anything other than civ, you're wrong.
LoRab wrote:Wilgy had nothing on me. He accused me out of nowhere. Gave false evidence against me. And continued. I fully believe he was bad. And that his evil ways were his motivation.

If he was civ, then he was quite simply wrong.

If that is your only motivation for suspecting me, then you have no case. If you suspect me for legit reasons. then I look forwrd to hearing them.
LoRab wrote:Wilgy had nothing on me. He couldn't have because I'm civ.

Not that I think the spelling will make a difference. Also, that part of the statement is likely not detectable, since the person detecting couldn't know what info Wilgy did or didn't have and he could have had information that I was civ and was trying to get me lynched if he was bad.
This particular defense strikes me as the most suspicious. She is very quick to cover possibility of a lie detection on Wilgy's statement here.
LoRab wrote:Wigly had nothing on me. He couldn't have because I'm civ.
First of 3 times she has said this :suspish:
LoRab wrote:You are wrong about me. Not sure what thread specifics you're thinking make me seem bad but I can assure you that you are misreading me. Not sure what warm or what fuZzie you haven't gotten. I am civ.
LoRab wrote:Please do take a look at me. Why do you find me suspicious?

I am civ. Eye me all you want.
This is all I felt like pulling. These are from the first 2 pages of Lorab's post history, so the most recent examples. IRL, guilty criminals typically defend themselves by pointing out the lack of evidence against them and stating "I'm innocent," rather than pulling evidence of their innocence. I see more of the former going on with Lorab.

Linki Dom: When there are 2 baddie teams, it's a good strategy that can help get rid of the other team. In this case, that other team is, presumably, the stronger team. Plus, SVS's response to the deal made feel even better about Tranq and his deal.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, the deal isn't exactly a secret anymore.

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I can't fathom how someone would hear that Tranq and SVS made a deal so don't worry about it and not think WTF.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:I can't fathom how someone would hear that Tranq and SVS made a deal so don't worry about it and not think WTF.
I'm not worried because I trust Tranq and I'm not on the other team :shrug2:

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Draconus wrote:
Dom wrote:I can't fathom how someone would hear that Tranq and SVS made a deal so don't worry about it and not think WTF.
....so you trust SVS because you trust Tranq... you trust someone who openly admitted to being bad?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Dom wrote:
Draconus wrote:
....so you trust SVS because you trust Tranq... you trust someone who openly admitted to being bad?
That's putting words in my mouth. I trust Tranq, therefore I think it's wiser to spare SVS for a bit longer.

LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Draconus wrote:
Golden wrote:
Draconus wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Tranq wrote:So, MM and Timmer are dead. It still makes more sense to lynch another member of the Circle first.
SVS is a one-woman team at this point. Timmer had 3 teammates who helped him get off the poll. If he only had 2, another 3rd player would've gotten a PM asking them to take Timmer off the poll. I suspect they recruited the Living Statue, and have Scrippleskitz or Possessing Entity still alive. I'm not willing to give them the Cabal's NK tonight. With an SVS lynch and a civ NK, they're standing 4 vs 2. If they have Scrippleskitz, they win. If they have Possessing Entity, and the role is similar to the version in A World Apart, they potentially have a lynch deflection. They'd win.

Dom is the most obvious Circle of Decay member. I suspect LoRab is aswell. I think she recruited him. Their thread behaviour links them together and they both have connections to Timmer and Turnip Head aswell. I'll make a post on them in a bit.

I don't suspect Sorsha at this point. One could say the game has come full circle :)
How is it 4? We just lynched TH and Timmer is gone now

I agree with you about the rest just trying to work out the numbers. I'm not sure why Lorab is cleared by some. I'd always rather lynch original baddie over recruit - so I guess my lynch options would look Lorab > SVS > Dom
I agree with the bolded. We'll need landslide lynches now, so hopefully Golden and Sorsha are on the same page as us.
Not right now. I agree with you that we need to get on the same page though. But lets not just jump into one choice... discussion is what is needed.

I am really thinking tranq might be a good option. He is pushing one paricular narrative very hard when I think multiple potential scenarios are open..

Circle 2, cabal 1
Circle 1, cabal 2
Circle 2, cabal 2
Circle 1, cabal 1

I think we should be treating all of these as options. If SVS is bad and is the trickster, there is no reason for me to assume Cabal is down to one.

I have been believing tranq and SVS are a team for a while. Could LoRab be circle? I think it is possible, but I'm not as convinced...

Also, there is just the reality for me that every single person left in the game falls inside what I would call my circle of trust and so at this point I reocgnise I could be wrong about anyone and that includes Sorsha and Draco.
Understandable. I'm just terrified that lynching Tranq will just be a repeat of the Bass and Matt scenarios. And if that's the case, we lose. Also, why turn the lynch on someone who's willing to vote someone he thinks is Circle? Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the Cabal. I just think we stand a better chance of winning against the Cabal in the end, especially if Scripple is still alive.

And sorry for this quad post. I'll add one final thought here to avoid 5 in a row. I believe Lorab has been a bit too careful to avoid any sort of suspicious activity. What makes me think this is her quick-draw on the "you have no evidence on me" card every time she comes under fire. To me this just screams baddie. So no matter which team she's on, I think she'll be a good candidate. I'm more convinced that she's circle, though, based on current numbers and suspicions. Putting a placeholder vote on her now so I don't forget later.
It's not playing a card. It's more that people have said my name and haven't really made a case. It doesn't give me much to defend. And, the fact is, that's how I defend myself as a civ. And all the quotes you pulled, are me defending myself as a civ. And they were single sentences within larger defenses.

And the eye me all you want and saying I'm civ thing is just what I do. You haven't played with me enough to know that. But it's what I always do. And it got to the point where I did it enough, that people suspected me when I didn't do it. So, I've just continued to do it. It's why I twirl and have a twirling smiley.

Yeah, I'm going to be a little redundant if people keep saying that I'm bad and not giving reasons that are accurate or helpful.

You're not willing to lynch Tranq because you think he's good and don't want to lynch a civ because if we lynch a civ, then we won't win (we being the civs, in case someone was going to question that). But you're willing to lynch me, despite the fact that you have no idea if I'm bad, and the result of which will be a civ lynch.

Also, it's frustrating when people are totally wrong about you and/or are falsely making a case against you. So, some of my language may be terse.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
Draconus wrote:
When did this happen?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
Draconus wrote:
When did this happen?
Semantics, but:
S~V~S wrote: So I am not a huge fan of this being discussed this way, since it is not true, and I have not admitted I was bad to anyone.
When will you admit you're bad?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

The fact that players are not voting for a sure thing makes me think that svs is not the last cabal member. What is we save her for "last" and she's not actually the last one?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

So, Draco... you understand my point that we don't understand which team is actually bigger, and that Cabal could be the team in a position of power...

But you think it is important we lynch a circle first because you 'trust tranq'. And you think it is better to vote along with tranq because he 'thinks' someone is circle?

This makes no sense to me. There is a 50/50 change splints was killed by either SVS or tranq. Lynch one and we are guaranteed to either lynch a baddie or discover the other one is.

If you really trust tranq so much that you feel certain he isn't bad, then I think SVS is the way to go.

I'm afraid that LoRab will be the same as bass and matt...

I think we should lynch tranq, but I don't think I'm getting traction on that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 156

Post by a2thezebra »

Rezz plz
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

a2thezebra wrote:Rezz plz
No rezz me plz
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

rezz plz
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

rezz everyone so I can actually play this setup for more than a handful of phases dammit
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

If anyone gets rezzed before I do I'll come back from the grave and drag them back to hell myself.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Rezz Quest!
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Mafia: A Rezz Reborn
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

@Lorab: I understand where you're coming from. I was actually hoping someone else would come in and confirm whether or not that behavior is metta for you. Rest assured my vote will likely not stay on you unless something else arises.

@Sorsha: Don't you start suspecting me now. I have enough trust issues :sigh:

@Golden: I must have missed that point somewhere along the way. You're the only person I trust 99% (the 1% comes from keeping a sliver of the possibility of manipulation in the back of my mind. It's nothing personal, I just refuse to give anyone 100% of my trust). I'd rather just lynch Dom or SVS over Tranq, though. If he's not civ, I think he might be indie. Unless you have all of the indies accounted for.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, it appears the dead have risen :nicenod:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:
Draconus wrote:
When did this happen?
Semantics, but:
When will you admit you're bad?
Oh OK,so you are kind of stretching here; rather misleading of you. You kind of totally ignored the "since it is not true part", but that is just semantics, too, eh?

I was half expecting you to post the parrot picture, so this is better than I expected.

And I am not admitting anything anytime soon since there really is nothing to admit :noble:
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Dom wrote:...I will answer your post when you answer mine.
I asked first. Also i addressed your concern in the post you quoted.
Dom wrote:Why the hell should I just trust you? You've admitted to being a baddie. How do I know you and SVS aren't on the same team? How do I know this isn't a Cabal plot to win?
I did no such thing. Did you play the first A World Apart, Dom? I may have questionable priorities when it comes to 'the greater good', but i believe my deal with SVS will help to eliminate evil and suffering from the land ;)
Draconus wrote:I'd rather just lynch Dom or SVS over Tranq, though.
Tbh i'd also rather lynch Dom over LoRab as LoRab might be NK'able while Dom is not. I know SVS agrees. But there seemed to be more momentum against LoRab, so :shrug2:
I'll change to Dom if you agree. We need a landslide lynch today.
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:Mafia: A Rezz Reborn
It's a rezzvolution!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Here's one thing I don't understand about the whole Tranq and SVS thing, and people thinking they're a team. Why openly admit you have made a deal with a teammate? It doesn't make any logical sense to me.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Draconus wrote:Here's one thing I don't understand about the whole Tranq and SVS thing, and people thinking they're a team. Why openly admit you have made a deal with a teammate? It doesn't make any logical sense to me.
I'm not sure if they are a team but...

What if we take tranqs advice, leave SVS until last, and Tranq is the bad one? Even worse, what if tranq is bad and has a teammate? I really see all of his conduct in recent times as being a big endgame play, I get the vibe that he is on the verge of winning the game right now.

In my mind I keep going back and forth - which one of tranq and SVS is bad? But I know one of them has to be. I still think its possible both are. What if tranq is circle and his deal is one that gets civvies lynched until we are done. I'm not convinced by the arguments that Lorab is bad.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by timmer »

Yay! Deadie party! :workit: :workit: :workit: :workit:
My siggie.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

We rize... For the rezz will be ours... :beer: anybody?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Golden wrote:
Draconus wrote:Here's one thing I don't understand about the whole Tranq and SVS thing, and people thinking they're a team. Why openly admit you have made a deal with a teammate? It doesn't make any logical sense to me.
I'm not sure if they are a team but...

What if we take tranqs advice, leave SVS until last, and Tranq is the bad one? Even worse, what if tranq is bad and has a teammate? I really see all of his conduct in recent times as being a big endgame play, I get the vibe that he is on the verge of winning the game right now.

In my mind I keep going back and forth - which one of tranq and SVS is bad? But I know one of them has to be. I still think its possible both are. What if tranq is circle and his deal is one that gets civvies lynched until we are done. I'm not convinced by the arguments that Lorab is bad.
I don't like "what if"s any more than the next person. I could just as easily say, what if we lynch Tranq and he's good? What if this big play that you're seeing is in fact a play to eradicate the baddies as efficiently as possible? That's what I was seeing before. And now I'm torn.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, thats what Tranq says his plan is.

But as I pointed out (in that big post you quoted) - in order to know you are eliminating the baddies 'as efficiently as possible' you have to leap through these hoops:

1) Assumptions about the make up and numbers of the two teams remaining
2) Correctly identifying people as being on a specific team, rather than acting on existing evidence of someone being bad. If LoRab is bad, who says she isn't cabal anyway?

Here is what tranq's theory appears in the way he has written it in the thread...

Tranq said he would sooner take out LoRab because he thinks she is bad and thinks she might be team circle.
Than SVS who he claims he knows is bad but has a deal with.

And that, to me, indicates one of the following:

1) Tranq really believes he has enough evidence to correctly identify that circle have 2 members left but that Cabal has only one; or
2) Tranq is executing a plan.

To me, this leaves me with having to figure out which of these I find more believable...

That Tranq, a civilian, was told by SVS 'I am the last cabal member' and then made a deal with her to protect her until the end, trusting SVS that she is the final member of her team (despite the possible evidence that the trickster could be involved), in the hope that he will correctly identify a circle baddie; or

That Tranq is bad, and wants us to lynch SVS at lylo so that he can win...

And honestly, I just find the second one more believable.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Maybe I'm stupid. Maybe SVS is the last cabal member and Tranq is doing exactly what you say and I'm overthinking it. But I find Tranq's behaviour very difficult to trust.

I'm going to vote tranq now. I understand what others are saying about it being a united front and I agree, so my tranq vote is not locked in stone. But it is my preference.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I had expected to see more discussion or votes at this point. The lynch ends rather late (or early, 6am for me) so i have to set my alarm clock to see how the poll goes. *shakes fist at LC* :p

Atm i'd rather switch my vote to Dom. The case i made on Dom being Circle is better than the one i made on LoRab + atleast LoRab made an effort to defend herself. Also Dom cannot be NKd, while LoRab might be.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Golden wrote:1) Tranq really believes he has enough evidence to correctly identify that circle have 2 members left but that Cabal has only one; or
Both of these assumptions are correct.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:
Golden wrote:1) Tranq really believes he has enough evidence to correctly identify that circle have 2 members left but that Cabal has only one; or
Both of these assumptions are correct.
Why do you believe you have enough evidence to presume the Cabal are down to one?
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

I know who the NK'd Cabal member is :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Tranq wrote:I know who the NK'd Cabal member is :p
Are you implying that a Cabal member has spilled the teams secrets, and that you know and agree Floyd is, in fact, a victim of the Trickster?

Return to “Previous Jobs”