71%

Total votes: 14
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 9]

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmmm...I'm tempted to vote Bullz because shenanigans. Also we can just lynch zebra tomorrow. Also I LOVE Canuck's posts today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote: Linki - I didn't take anything out of context. It was at least 50% a joke too.
No, you exactly did take it out of context. Like dictionary definition did that.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok... I tried to look at the benefits you put forward here Mac, I really did. And I seriously entertained the idea, as much as I ever have before. Here is my hang up though. You are putting forward two benefits to keeping her around:

1. She may draw the Empire NK because they will fear her, thus sparing a civ

2. She may use her own kill to take out who is suspected as Empire.

Now here are my issues with these two things:

1. Who stands to gain the most from leaving her until the next day lynch? The empire, because she clearly is going to be one of the biggest vote earners, since she is even now on the chopping block. This could potentially buy them another day, I doubt they would use their kill on her unless she really has their number and they think there is a real chance she will kill them. That's a pretty big assumption in my book. Too big to risk a civ loss on.

2. This idea depends upon two things. First, if we can trust her (a confirmed baddie) to do what she says and use it to take out empire. And second, that she actually has an accurate knowledge of who the Empire is. For all we know she could be suspecting the wrong people.

We also have to take her at her word when she says she is the last one on her team. This could be an attempt to stall her own impending death by another cycle and hopefully buy another teammate an extra day.

All of this stuff requires we trust someone who has outed herself as bad. As nice as the idea to use her for our own purposes sounds, I have no reason to trust her enough to risk doing it. it comes down to vote a confirmed baddie or an unknown. I have to vote the confirmed baddie.

Voting zebra

Linki: I see I'm not alone in my assessment of this situation. Good to know.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote:Ok... I tried to look at the benefits you put forward here Mac, I really did. And I seriously entertained the idea, as much as I ever have before. Here is my hang up though. You are putting forward two benefits to keeping her around:

1. Who stands to gain the most from leaving her until the next day lynch? The empire, because she clearly is going to be one of the biggest vote earners, since she is even now on the chopping block. This could potentially buy them another day, I doubt they would use their kill on her unless she really has their number and they think there is a real chance she will kill them. That's a pretty big assumption in my book. Too big to risk a civ loss on.

2. This idea depends upon two things. First, if we can trust her (a confirmed baddie) to do what she says and use it to take out empire. And second, that she actually has an accurate knowledge of who the Empire is. For all we know she could be suspecting the wrong people.

We also have to take her at her word when she says she is the last one on her team. This could be an attempt to stall her own impending death by another cycle and hopefully buy another teammate an extra day.

All of this stuff requires we trust someone who has outed herself as bad. As nice as the idea to use her for our own purposes sounds, I have no reason to trust her enough to risk doing it. it comes down to vote a confirmed baddie or an unknown. I have to vote the confirmed baddie.

Voting zebra

There's the other issue... that Matt brought up too. Which has played a part in my thinking...

What if she's intentionally getting herself lynched?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

Russtifinko wrote:Hmmm...I'm tempted to vote Bullz because shenanigans. Also we can just lynch zebra tomorrow. Also I LOVE Canuck's posts today.
Go for it. It will be fun. A civ will die, but you'd make some people happy.
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Linki - I didn't take anything out of context. It was at least 50% a joke too.
No, you exactly did take it out of context. Like dictionary definition did that.
Nope. Context is all still there and anyone who wants to check can do so. All I did was point out something that looked funny and you got mad. But that's okay. Looks like I'm surviving today anyway so we can do all this again tomorrow.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Hmmm...I'm tempted to vote Bullz because shenanigans. Also we can just lynch zebra tomorrow. Also I LOVE Canuck's posts today.
MacDougall wrote:
Nope. Context is all still there and anyone who wants to check can do so. All I did was point out something that looked funny and you got mad. But that's okay. Looks like I'm surviving today anyway so we can do all this again tomorrow.
Congrats.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Congrats.
I just hope that I do get lynched so you can see you were wrong and put so much force and effort into being wrong.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So outcomes:

Zebra just gets lynched as Hutt and we figure out whether there is still a Hutt team. Useful, happy days.

Zebra is playing some game with us and something bad is gonna happen...

I think the former is most likely, and am entirely happy with that outcome just sayin'.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Congrats.
I just hope that I do get lynched so you can see you were wrong and put so much force and effort into being wrong.
How petulant of you. You'd be horrible to play Monopoly with.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok... I tried to look at the benefits you put forward here Mac, I really did. And I seriously entertained the idea, as much as I ever have before. Here is my hang up though. You are putting forward two benefits to keeping her around:

Voting zebra

There's the other issue... that Matt brought up too. Which has played a part in my thinking...

What if she's intentionally getting herself lynched?
If that were the case she wouldn't have wasted a get out of the lynch free card on the last cycle I wouldn't think. I could be wrong but it's a risk I'm willing to take. More than lynching an unknown just out of fear of that possibility anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Congrats.
I once sold all my properties to my brother for £1 because I owned a fair portion of the board but had no money and our dad was probably going to win if I didn't and he was gloating a lot. So yeah. Forced a stalemate where neither of them could win in the end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Congrats.
I once sold all my properties to my brother for £1 because I owned a fair portion of the board but had no money and our dad was probably going to win if I didn't and he was gloating a lot. So yeah. Forced a stalemate where neither of them could win in the end.
In the UK, you have the NHS. Do you have this Community Chest card?

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
In the UK, you have the NHS. Do you have this Community Chest card?

I don't think so but I would have to check to be certain and that would require a 5 hour drive.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

In the UK, they don't have this ---> $$$
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 155

Post by DrWilgy »

Za Za Za...

Zebra
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Voting zebra

Is it just me or is all this logic Spacedaisy makes here entirely reliant on her knowing Bullzeye isn't Empire?

Linki:

Wilgy: Uberscum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Wilgy gameplan:

Step 1. Draw scum rolecard.
Step 2. Play as obviously scummy as humanly possible.
Step 3. Not get lynched.
Step 4. Laugh at all of us.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Just in case there are weird unpredictable shenanigans and I do end up dead, I think I've left enough to show who I think should be lynched next. To summarise: Zebra, Mac, Faraday, Bubbles, Daisy, Canuck, Bass. In something possibly resembling that order. Obviously they can't all be bad but those are my suspects. Now I'm going to bed like I should have done 3 hours ago.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:Just in case there are weird unpredictable shenanigans and I do end up dead, I think I've left enough to show who I think should be lynched next. To summarise: Zebra, Mac, Faraday, Bubbles, Daisy, Canuck, Bass. In something possibly resembling that order. Obviously they can't all be bad but those are my suspects. Now I'm going to bed like I should have done 3 hours ago.
You are pulling names out of a hat. You complained about there being no case on you but now you just named 7 players who you seem to have decided were scum based on 45 minutes of play. You can't be serious.

We missed an Empire lynch here mein civilians.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Just in case there are weird unpredictable shenanigans and I do end up dead, I think I've left enough to show who I think should be lynched next. To summarise: Zebra, Mac, Faraday, Bubbles, Daisy, Canuck, Bass. In something possibly resembling that order. Obviously they can't all be bad but those are my suspects. Now I'm going to bed like I should have done 3 hours ago.
You are pulling names out of a hat. You complained about there being no case on you but now you just named 7 players who you seem to have decided were scum based on 45 minutes of play. You can't be serious.

We missed an Empire lynch here mein civilians.
Okay sure lynch me tomorrow then if I don't die today. Your case on me is the most blatant baddie push I've ever seen. It is full of misrepresentations and lies. You've never even addressed the fact that your claims I tried to discredit things were super flawed. Every time I respond to you you ignore the bulk of what I've said, get mad, and find a new thing to accuse me of. You are bad. I have also listed people whose votes were shady, blendy, and who don't have civ-friendly approaches to this game. There really is no case on me other than that I slightly defended MP because I thought he was civ. There is nothing Empire about me. Now I'm seriously going to bed.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote:

Voting zebra

Is it just me or is all this logic Spacedaisy makes here entirely reliant on her knowing Bullzeye isn't Empire?

Linki:

Wilgy: Uberscum.
If I knew it, sure. But my point was to show that you were presenting the idea of keeping her around as the really only civilian way to look at it, but you were ignoring some pretty big possibilities. If I were Empire, why would I spell out an Empire friendly plan. I could just as easily roll with a bullz vote. But I don't like the risk you were asking us to take. It's interesting that you want to paint me as bad for pointing out the holes in your plan.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ra ra ra

Rezz please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

Episode XVIII: That’s No Lynch Post!

The Syndicate task force had already begun several covert operations, each of which Grand Moff Tarkin was assured showed a great deal of progress it their early stages. There was still much work to be done, but the Moff’s confidence was growing with each report. With the rebel threat well on its way to being dealt with, Tarkin could once more turn his attention to overseeing the construction of the Empire’s superweapon as well as the bombing of one of their transportation shuttles. Imperial spies and informants were able to quickly confirm that Bib Fortuna had indeed seized control of Jabba the Hutt’s assets and was responsible for the bombing. These reports were then double checked with the imperial science officers who analyzed the remnants of the explosion. All that remained was dispensing the Emperors justice upon the upstart criminal to ensure that the Empire’s image remained strong in their time of transition.

Grand Moff Tarkin’s reinforcement of the troopers on Tatooine proved to be yet another master stroke. With the superior numbers, the troopers were able to choke off much of Bib Fortuna’s trade as well as arrest or eliminate his top enforcers and lieutenants. The vile creature himself remained at large however, a galactic thorn in the Moff’s side. There could be no doubt that as long as Fortuna remained unpunished, the Empire would lose face in the galactic stage that it could not afford. The frustrations of this dilemma weighed heavily on Grand Moff Tarkin for several weeks as their operations progressed. Every victory on the desert planet felt hollow as long as the report made no mention of the Twi’lek’s capture. During this time, Tarkin developed a temper and wrath that rivaled that of the late Vader, causing many of his immediate subordinates to draw straws every time they had to hand in one such report.

Just when the Moff was at the end of his rope, the doors to his office hissed and slid open, a trembling officer shuffling forward with a meek salute. His uniform was clearly disheveled, a look many officers sported these days as a result of the intensive shifts they were being “obligated” to work. Something about this officer’s demeanor was different however; despite his ragged appearance, he did not hesitate to place the report on the Moff’s desk, and a ghost of a grin could be seen at the edges of his mouth.

“Yes?” Grand Moff Tarkin said dryly, plucking the report from his desk and giving it a once over that was not even remotely thorough enough to even be pretending to read it. The process of receiving these reports must have been as monotonous for him as it was terrifying for the officers that delivered them.

“After action report, sir.” Squeaked the officer, swallowing his fear. “From the Tatooine battalions, sir. Regarding the terrorist Bib Fortuna, sir.” The mention of the name caused Tarkin’s ears to flinch, and his knuckles turned white as he gripped the datapad. Just when it looked as though he would explode into a rage, Tarkin calmly placed the datapad back on his desk and nodded, allowing the officer to continue.
“We’ve got him sir.” The officer straightened his posture and tilted his head up, keeping his eyes on his superior. Obviously he was very proud to be delivering the news.

Grand Moff Tarkin paused as if he’d misheard, leaning in over his desk and furrowing his brow. “We….got him? How exactly have we managed that, officer?”

The officer swallowed another large gulp, and proceeded to recite an explanation he’d practiced several times on the way over to the Moff’s offices.

“He just confessed, sir. Walked right into one of the Tatooine checkpoints and confessed. We had him transferred into our custody, and he arrived on station a few minutes ago.”
At this point, Grand Moff Tarkin was on his feet as well, grinning ear to ear. “He’s actually on station? Amazing. Wonderful news. You’re promoted. Pack your things officer, you’re being transferred to whatever deployment you want.”

Grand Moff Tarkin did not wait to see or hear the officer’s response, moving past him and down through the halls of the Death Star to where the Empire kept their prisoners. He was met along the way by several similarly jubilant officers and troopers, all of whom he greeted enthusiastically. He ordered that an emergency broadcast be prepared, to be sent to every corner of Imperial space.

When the Grand Moff arrived at the detention center of the Death Star, he was overjoyed to see the criminal Bib Fortuna flanked on both sides by two Special Operations Troopers. The fool looked downtrodden as ever, resigned to his fate. Tarkin burst into applause, rubbing as much salt on the wound as he could before a team of officers arrived with the broadcasting equipment he’d asked for. It took them a few minutes to set it all up, but Tarkin could wait. He’d waited so long already, and this victory would be the thing that propelled him to untold heights within the Empire.

“Citizens of the Empire.” Tarkin began, speaking into the broadcast device once everything had been set up. “We are in dangerous times. Rebels and terrorists seek to uproot law and order within the Empire, killing our brothers and sisters and stealing from our tables. As we mourn the passing of the hero Lord Vader, they plot and scheme in the shadows to take advantage of our perceived weakness.”
Tarkin took one calculated step to the side, revealing for everyone watching the broadcast the image of a defeated Bib Fortuna.

“No more. Today we cast these criminals into the light, and deliver to them the justice they so deserve. This is the scum that, not long after Lord Vader’s passing, attacked a transport full of innocent imperial civilians who were on their way to contribute to the war effort. These men and women were scientists, doctors, engineers. They were brilliant minds and loyal imperials, snuffed out by a coward. Let his death serve as a message to his kind – those that would see the Emperor’s Peace at an end. We will find you, wherever you are in the galaxy. We will bring you to justice.”

A2thezebra has been lynched
He was Bib Fortuna
It is now Night 9
Please Send BOTH hosts your PMs IN THE FORMAT PREVIOUSLY DISCUSSED
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ra ra ra

Rezz please.
I'm sorry MM :hugs:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 7]

Post by a2thezebra »

Best of luck to the Rebel Alliance and DOWN WITH THE EMPIRE!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Chaching

Tractor Beam - Target a player on the poll, and the Tractor Beam will pull up to 3 votes off them. Cannot be used on yourself, and double effect on Jawas. One-time use only.

PM your bids to the hosts.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:

Rezz please.
Gotta gotta gotta gotta keep remind these live folks.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Rezz please.
Gotta gotta gotta gotta keep remind these live folks.
It is my pleasure to join you in death. :mafia:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hosts, would we be told if a team had been eliminated?

I note that was not part of the post if so...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

Would you look at that-- she lied about her role, and the team's not gone.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Spacedaisy wrote:Hosts, would we be told if a team had been eliminated?

Might, Might not, I dunno.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Guys I just write the posts I'm not a doctor.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote:Would you look at that-- she lied about her role, and the team's not gone.
My thoughts exactly Dom.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote:Chaching

Tractor Beam - Target a player on the poll, and the Tractor Beam will pull up to 3 votes off them. Cannot be used on yourself, and double effect on Jawas. One-time use only.

PM your bids to the hosts.
Someone should use the Tractor Beam to pull me out of the heavens and return me to the land of the living. :nicenod:
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:Hosts, would we be told if a team had been eliminated?

I'll leave that decision up to DH. He writes the posts.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The hosts have been eliminated.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:The hosts have been eliminated.
Thank the Jedi Lord. Let's head to the Cantina and have a drink on me. :beer:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wins.

Thanks for playing everyone. May the force be with you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sidenote, if anyone posts anything related to the Force Awakens before I go see it I will fuck you up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Sidenote, if anyone posts anything related to the Force Awakens before I go see it I will fuck you up.
There's a black guy in it that isn't Billy Dee Williams. :faint:

I get to go see it Saturday for free. :D
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:Would you look at that-- she lied about her role, and the team's not gone.
Indeed. Sorsha for Crumb then?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Goshdammit, I missed another poll. I am the worst. Good job getting Bib though.

Also, I second what DH said. No one should post anything about Force Awakens because there's a chance (however small) that I might read it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:Goshdammit, I missed another poll. I am the worst. Good job getting Bib though.

Also, I second what DH said. No one should post anything about Force Awakens because there's a chance (however small) that I might read it.
Agreed.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DFaraday »

If the Hutt team isn't eliminated (and I doubt they are), it's just odd that Zebra would essentially destroy the Hutts' chances like that. But yeah, Sorsha is probably Crumb.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote:If the Hutt team isn't eliminated (and I doubt they are), it's just odd that Zebra would essentially destroy the Hutts' chances like that. But yeah, Sorsha is probably Crumb.
Or that's what Zebra intended for us to think...
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Sorsha »

No, Sorsha is not Crumb.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 226

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
DFaraday wrote:If the Hutt team isn't eliminated (and I doubt they are), it's just odd that Zebra would essentially destroy the Hutts' chances like that. But yeah, Sorsha is probably Crumb.
But THAT'S what Zebra wanted us to think... :fist:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
But THAT'S what Zebra wanted us to think... :fist:
Heh. Yeah.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Rih Zeebs. Stop getting yourself killed, eh?

Mac - Lol @ your Wilgy post. I agree he should be looked at, but why shouldn't we look at you? Why isn't anyone looking at Mac? I think at one point you tell MP and Zebra that all three of you are civs and all the baddies are lying low. You one of their teammates?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”