Lady Godiva(HOST/DEAD/NON)
71%

Total votes: 14
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 878

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 9]

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:Rih Zeebs. Stop getting yourself killed, eh?

Mac - Lol @ your Wilgy post. I agree he should be looked at, but why shouldn't we look at you? Why isn't anyone looking at Mac? I think at one point you tell MP and Zebra that all three of you are civs and all the baddies are lying low. You one of their teammates?
Okay Matt. Go for it.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Haha. Honestly I'm a bit lost this game. Not that I'm not every game, but moreso here then usual. Typically I have confidence in my terrible ideas, but in this game I don't have any idea really.

I'm hoping Zebra really picked Bullz though because she thought he was bad. I dunno, do you still think Bullz is bad, Mac?

Also, what does everyone think of Wilgy?
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullz and Wilgy are both very likely to be Empire imo. Elohcin also. Spacedaisy possible but not so much. Bass could be too but his ISO is very weak. Bullzeye's defense was full of holes, Wilgy has never bothered defending himself at all. Elohcin hasn't either but I recall Golden suggesting that he had reason to believe Elo was trustworthy. Why don't you have a crack at finding that breadcrumb. He did say to try and figure it out, which I did but couldn't.

Sorsha is most likely the last Hutt but I find it possible that Dom is and the whole Zebra thing was orchestrated to put distance between them and to make Sorsha look like the patsy.

Fairly comfortable that everyone else is indy or civilian.

Looking at MPs interactions with Bass and Wilgy would be fruitful imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Scratch that, I really doubt Dom and Zebra were teammies. Just read back a bit and Dom was way too sincere towards her in the thread. And she was really aggressive towards him and both of them came across genuine.

No, I think Sorsha is the Hutt.

Did the mods ever answer that they would say if a team was defeated?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just looking the only thing I can think of is that Elohcin's consistent attempt to vote Zebra is info related and perhaps Golden picked up on that. Doesn't make her civ, just makes her not Hutt... Which doesn't help because she really does look Emp.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mods can you please update the role lists and stuff? At least with who is dead and on what day/how?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

That was your 666th post this game. :mafia:

Off to sleep. I have tomorrow off so I'll be putting my second to none mafia-hunting skillz to work. We'll see who I luckily nab as a baddie for the wrong reasons. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The Roxy lynch poll is missing from the polls thread mods. Do you or does anyone have it?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Interestingly Zebra's flip confirms that the Hutt's bussed bcornett at least partially.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha was part of that CFD too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Alrighty well I did a pretty comprehensive analysis of votes and my feeling is thus:

The Hutt's Voted In Packs, Distanced and Voted For Each Other Plenty
The Hutt's bussed bcornett when they could have lynched Zebra. Zebra voted for bcornett. Enrique held his vote. They made a decision to have bcornett lynched over Zebra imo. Sorsha and niju are living players who voted for bcornett. Sorsha as final Hutt stacking up.

The three dead Hutt's all voted together to get Bass lynched. Bass was tunneling Zebra early so it was probably due to them thinking he had role knowledge. Him being allowed back in the game indicates that is unlikely, but it is the only reason I can think of for all three of them voting him. Sorsha and Dom were on this wagon. The Hutt's seemed to have no qualms voting as a group, so Sorsha as Hutt again looking very likely.

On the day that MP was lynched over Zebra that resulted in Golden's mislynch, sorsha placed the last vote on Zebra. The following day her vote was on MP. Likely to be a distancing vote.

In light of the in thread evidence of distancing. Zebra calling Sorsha Salacious Crumb to her face. The odds are way in favour of her being the final Hutt. If she is not, Dom is a very unlikely possibility due to being on one of these team wagons, being first to remark about Sorsha being possibly Crumb. There is a possibility that he and Zebra concocted that strategy together, but far more likely Sorsha is Crumb. Canucklehead is also a possible Hutt for a different reason. In a game where we have lynched three of them Canuck has not had a vote on a Hutt once.

All in all the Hutts killed those who slighted them, bussed the fuck out of each other, distanced from each other. They were savage. Metalmarsh was killed after voting on two consecutive Hutt wagons. Half of Llama and Luke's votes were on Hutt's, they killed him. They savagely bandwagoned Bass after he voted heavily against them... I think all their aggression has come back to bite them. If you look at how they played, Sorsha fits perfectly as the final Hutt.

The Empire's Influence and Knowledge Is The Key
As for Empire. I think the best clue is in the MP mislynch that resulted in Golden's lynch. Initially I thought it was probably Leia that caused this, but I think it's more likely not the case. I think they knew it and I think there is one player this looks really bad for. DrWilgy.

Wilgy voted on the MP wagon that resulted in Golden's demise, and then didn't follow up with an MP vote the next day, favouring the counterwagon. If he was okay with an MP lynch one day, why did he not vote for him on the day he was actually at risk of being lynched? He is the most likely to be Empire.

I also think it is possible that the Empire have a role that identifies opposition scum. Flavour wise, this isn't a stretch, and in saying that neither is the lynch swap. Dark side force is all about mind control, sensing the darkness within etc. MP has a very curious amount of Hutt votes. He voted Enrique 3 out of the first 4 days and then also voted Zebra well before Zebra was outed. If this is true then Elohcin's FIVE Hutt votes look very strange. Coupled with her voting away from the MP wagon on the day he was lynched as Darth Vader. She is a very strong Empire candidate.

So?
Tomorrow if we want to mop up the Hutts look no further than Sorsha.

If we want to start taking shots at the Empire, Elo or Wilgy. Based on what they're doing in the game, Wilgy is more Stormtrooper, Elo more Palpatine...
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:All in all the Hutts killed those who slighted them, bussed the fuck out of each other, distanced from each other. They were savage.
:slick:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Based on vote analysis alone here's a rainbow.

DFaraday
Dom

Russ
Spacedaisy
Niju
Bullzeye
Canucklehead
Matt

Bass
Bubbles

Elo
Wilgy
Sorsha

It is really really really fucking excellent that the vote analysis backs up the thread reading that many of us have done on those bottom three players. Really fucking excellent.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Some explanations.

Faraday didn't have his vote on a scum until day 8 when he was on the successful MP wagon. He then voted on a successful wagon of Zebra. He wasn't part of any bussing/distancing that we know of for the first 7 days of the game. He doesn't look like he's got any agenda, or part of a team. His is the cleanest voter record.

Dom too bounced his vote around a bit early on. He doesn't look like he's voting as part of a strategy. He has subsequently been on three separate scum lynch wagons.

Bullzeye didn't distance vote Hutts at all, when he voted for them they got lynched. He also didn't play a part in what I perceive as an intentional strategy to get MP the most votes to get Golden lynched. His brazen defence of MP has the hallmarks of a wrong civ.

The rest kind of don't need elaborating on.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Other interesting observations:

Bass 2.0 has voted four times. Three of them were fucking self votes. The other was voting for Zebra.

Bubbles barely voted on the first half of the game but has voted in three consecutive lynches, all for counterwagons. Bullzeye today and Faraday on two consecutive times the previous two days.

Russ voted MP on day 1. His only vote on a scum. He's missed half the votes and hasn't been on one lynch wagon rightly or wrongly unless he voted Roxy because I don't have that poll. Golden did strongly infer he knew Russ wasn't bad though.

If it wasn't for Golden, Russ and Niju would both be suspects but as it stands he very strongly seemed to infer that they were his roguebuddies and since I pointed it out I've not seen any finger waving from possible Jawas to argue the point so I think it stands to reason.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh another interesting one, aside from Roxy lynch... No idea on that one. MP has only voted for one other player aside from dead Hutts. And that is Glorfindel/Spacedaisy. Three times!

Those who know MP better than I can comment on that but yikes a scum voting for a civ on three separate days is very weird.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Last but not least I was thinking about the whole flavour here and it occurred to me that one of the central themes of Star Wars is about the dark side tempting good folk. There's gotta be a recruit in this flavour surely? Join the dark side etc.?

Palpatine probably has an ability to recruit people with midi-chlorians in their blood to the dark side. Wouldn't that be an obvious ability for him?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Canucklehead »

Scary thought about possible recruiting. Definitely something we should keep in mind, but I am skeptical since Empire started with the same number as Hutts, and it doesn't look like Hutts had a recruiting mechanism or a power that could help balance Empire recruiting. I'm not sure if Epi/DH would give such a huge advantage to only one baddie team.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

Bubbles wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I see your unannounced vote there, Bubbles. There's no way you've been silenced.
i'm here, i've fallen a bit behind on the thread, added my vote to the one opposing the one dfaraday voted on basically :P and i'm pretty sure mac and matt are civs so i feel ok with voting the same as them
How do we feel about this?
Of all the people who didn't vote Z, I was very surprised to see Bubbles among them. If she had read even a teeny bit of the thread before voting (which, granted, doesn't seem to be a guarantee), she would have seen Z was an outed baddie. Bubbles seems like the LEAST likely person to vote away from a confirmed Hutt (she's relatively newish to mafia and therefore more likely to be traditionally minded, she doesn't usually go along with votes that are pushed by others just because they seem civ, she's usually risk averse, etc), so her hopping onto the Bullz votes just to avoid voting the same way was Faraday seems like absolute Bullsuit to me. I think she's our Crumb, and her lack of participation would explain the sporadic appearance of curses. (For the record, my curse had nothing to do with Crumb)
Thoughts?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Bullzeye »

Canucklehead wrote:
Bubbles wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I see your unannounced vote there, Bubbles. There's no way you've been silenced.
i'm here, i've fallen a bit behind on the thread, added my vote to the one opposing the one dfaraday voted on basically :P and i'm pretty sure mac and matt are civs so i feel ok with voting the same as them
How do we feel about this?
Of all the people who didn't vote Z, I was very surprised to see Bubbles among them. If she had read even a teeny bit of the thread before voting (which, granted, doesn't seem to be a guarantee), she would have seen Z was an outed baddie. Bubbles seems like the LEAST likely person to vote away from a confirmed Hutt (she's relatively newish to mafia and therefore more likely to be traditionally minded, she doesn't usually go along with votes that are pushed by others just because they seem civ, she's usually risk averse, etc), so her hopping onto the Bullz votes just to avoid voting the same way was Faraday seems like absolute Bullsuit to me. I think she's our Crumb, and her lack of participation would explain the sporadic appearance of curses. (For the record, my curse had nothing to do with Crumb)
Thoughts?
The funniest thing to me is that Bubbles and Faraday had the shadiest votes of all IMO so the fact she used him as an excuse is an interesting coincidence. I definitely think she looks suspicious and it makes sense for her to be a Hutt.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Hi.

Bye.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Rico have Cinema Sins paid you to shill for them? :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Like I need a 30 minute video to tell me the prequel movies sucked.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Bullzeye wrote:Rico have Cinema Sins paid you to shill for them? :P
No, but it took five movies to get any reaction from anyone.
Turnip Head wrote:Like I need a 30 minute video to tell me the prequel movies sucked.
This guy has not seen the Plinkett Reviews. Lynch him.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Rico, I haven't been commenting on them, but your posts actually opened the door for me to visit Cinema Sins on youtube. Good stuff. Haha.

Mac - Assuming you're civvie, nice work you're putting in. I think because the very first game I played with you, you were bad, it's hard for me to get that out of my head. But I do recall 3J saying you were one of the most formidable civs, so I take everything you say pretty seriously fyi.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

ISO'd Bubbles.

She has ten posts in 9 day phases. Haha.

Bubbles, when you get back, give us a case on DFaraday. I think peeps are assuming he's indy but you have been going after him in quite a few posts so wondering what your angle is.

Off to ISO Wilgy. This should be fun.
Image Image Image Image
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Told you so.
Spoiler: show
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Yeah congratulations Bass that lynch was all down to you.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Told you so.
Dude there was a period where you didn't post for over two weeks.

Wtf

Linki Bullz - Lmao
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Like I need a 30 minute video to tell me the prequel movies sucked.
This guy has not seen the Plinkett Reviews. Lynch him.
It's so dense, every single image has so many things going on.
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Matt wrote:

Wtf

Linki Bullz - Lmao
Well look what has happen every game where I try and post. I get called out for something dumb, then lynched. So I'm trying something new. Stress free mafia. Let me tell you it's amazing.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Matt wrote:

Wtf

Linki Bullz - Lmao
Also, was I right?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

You being right or wrong had nothing to do with Zebra's lynch. She outed herself. It kinda feels like you're trying to take credit for a successful baddie lynch when you were completely uninvolved with it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bullzeye wrote:You being right or wrong had nothing to do with Zebra's lynch. She outed herself. It kinda feels like you're trying to take credit for a successful baddie lynch when you were completely uninvolved with it.
That's exactly what I'm trying to do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Matt wrote:Rico, I haven't been commenting on them, but your posts actually opened the door for me to visit Cinema Sins on youtube. Good stuff. Haha.

Mac - Assuming you're civvie, nice work you're putting in. I think because the very first game I played with you, you were bad, it's hard for me to get that out of my head. But I do recall 3J saying you were one of the most formidable civs, so I take everything you say pretty seriously fyi.
I would hope so... It doesn't take much analysis to realise that what I'm posting isn't just hot scum garbage.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 10]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Episode XIX: Look Who's Tarkin
Fortune seemed to favor Grand Moff Tarkin after the public execution of Bib Fortuna. Such a swift and decisive show of power on the Empire’s part emboldened its troops and deflated much of the momentum its enemies had hoped to carry through the defeat of Lord Vader. Even more exciting was the Emperor’s subsequent interest in the Moff. Seeing Tarkin’s ruthlessness and vigor, the Emperor had bestowed honor after honor on the man. No name was more respected in all the galaxy. However, fortune had a funny way of balancing itself out, and Tarkin was no exception. Soon he would face a true test of his recently acquired power and influence.

All reports indicated that the criminal world had gone completely silent, the actions of the Empires various pirates, smugglers, and bounty hunters no longer of consequence without any semblance of competent leadership. The rebel alliance on the other hand, was a completely different story. The rebels foolishly persisted, keeping up the fight despite the near insurmountable odds. Intelligence reports suggested that a rebel action was just around the corner, and rumors suggested something to rival the assassination of Lord Vader. The obvious target was the superweapon known as the Death Star, and so despite the Emperor’s token offer of a cushy posting, Grand Moff Tarkin insisted on overseeing operations on the battle station until it could be determined that the thread of the rebel plot had passed.

The thing about rebel infiltrators is that they could be anyone and anywhere. The rebels were notorious for subterfuge and spy craft. Anyone aboard the station was suspect, and Grand Moff Tarkin was not about to leave any stone unturned. With construction on the Death Star ramping up once again, everyone going to and coming from the battle station underwent rigorous screening. Some would say these checks were excessive, but none would do so to the Moff’s face. The air of paranoia was infectious and, seeing how quickly the Moff had risen and how well he’d treated those that aided him, many of the officers onboard the Death Star were eager to report potential agents of the rebellion.

Most of these reports ended in nothing, and those that were attempting to sell each other out were careful to do so in ways that protected their own standing within the Empire once the claims were eventually debunked. Most, that is, except for one report that piqued Tarkin’s interests. Apparently, one of the technicians brought in to replace those lost in the Fortuna bombings was raising several red flags. The first thing of note was that this technician had applied several times for a position on the Death Star construction crew and was denied each time. The only reason they were brought onto the team was the shortage of labor that the bombings created. Secondly, an examination of their financials revealed several discrepancies.

And so the Moff took it upon himself to personally interview the suspect. He could sense somewhere in the back of his mind that this person posed a great threat to the Empire, and as a result to his own glory. Keeping in mind how ferreting out a rebel infiltrator would improve upon his already fantastic track record of late, Tarkin began his interrogation with a wry smile as he placed the datapad containing all of the information regarding the technician down on the table, looking directly in her eyes and almost ignoring the restraints keeping her seated across from him.

“Shall we begin?” Tarkin asked, as the camera ominously faded to black.

===

“I’m bored.” Sorsha remarked, standing up and taking a look around the room. With MovingPictures dealt with, everyone had silently gone back to watching the film for some time, seemingly oblivious once more to the world. Sorsha however felt suddenly compelled to do something else, anything else really.

“Someone should go see if they can find anything out about what DharmaHelper might be planning.” Sorsha said, trying to get someone’s attention.

“What, like a spy mission?” asked MacDougall without taking his eyes off the screen. “Go for it, I guess.”

And so she did.

Sorsha has been killed by the Empire
It is now Day 10 and the final day on the Death Star
You have 48 hours to lynch someone

AS A NOTE: The day ends on Thursday, and I will be setting up new internet here at the house that day. I don’t expect any delay in the post, but in case there is one, this is your notice.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Helpful Empire.

So Dharma did you intentionally not answer the question about whether you'd announce a faction being finished? I'm going to assume that unless you say that no, you would not, then that means that yes, you would.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

MacDougall wrote:Helpful Empire.

So Dharma did you intentionally not answer the question about whether you'd announce a faction being finished? I'm going to assume that unless you say that no, you would not, then that means that yes, you would.
That's a solid assumption.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So sorsha was not a Hutt then. Sorry sorsha...
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Elohcin »

MacDougall wrote:So sorsha was not a Hutt then. Sorry sorsha...
Please explain this to me. The Empire killed her. How is it impossible that she was a Hutt?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

In your minds you hear this:

Hutt Sorsha is not. For the final member of that team look elsewhere. Hmmmmmm.

Lynch Sorsha, do not.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:In your minds you hear this:

Hutt Sorsha is not. For the final member of that team look elsewhere. Hmmmmmm.

Lynch Sorsha, do not.
Wtf Yoda hasn't said anything for days...
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:So sorsha was not a Hutt then. Sorry sorsha...
Please explain this to me. The Empire killed her. How is it impossible that she was a Hutt?
Well there is one Hutt left and the team didn't just get announced as having been defeated, which Dharma just said they would. It's not hard to grasp.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 155

Post by DrWilgy »

A test of sorts:
So Dharma did you intentionally not answer the question about whether you'd announce a faction being finished? I'm going to assume that unless you say that no, you would not, then that means that no, you wouldn't.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Helpful Empire.

That's a solid assumption.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Fucking semantics. The Hutts are alive still and Yoda said Sorsha wasn't one so I was wrong about Sorsha.

Leaves Dom, Canucklehead and Bubbles as possible Hutts imo. Not exactly fantastic reduction so let's focus on Empire.

Wilgy ... what you think of Elo?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

MacDougall wrote:Fucking semantics. The Hutts are alive still and Yoda said Sorsha wasn't one so I was wrong about Sorsha.

Leaves Dom, Canucklehead and Bubbles as possible Hutts imo. Not exactly fantastic reduction so let's focus on Empire.

Whoa. How am I a Hutt, exactly? :blink: Like, I legit don't get that thought.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote:*snip*Canucklehead is also a possible Hutt for a different reason. In a game where we have lynched three of them Canuck has not had a vote on a Hutt once. *snip*
It would do people well to read my recent posts. I'm not just posting words for the fun I am trying to help us defeat bad guys here. Don't make me feel like I'm wasting my time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy why do you think MP voted for you and Glorfindel and failed to achieve a lynch, three separate times? That's a bit strange for a scum to tunnel a civilian that badly wouldn't you agree? Looks HEEEEEEEEAPS like a sustained effort at distancing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Canucklehead wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Fucking semantics. The Hutts are alive still and Yoda said Sorsha wasn't one so I was wrong about Sorsha.

Whoa. How am I a Hutt, exactly? :blink: Like, I legit don't get that thought.
Like, we've lynched three of them and like, there have been about 50 combined votes on Hutts from the game, and like you didn't put a vote on one of them.

Bit weird since there are three confirmed scum and votes on Zebra alone compile more votes than any other player by far.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 155

Post by DrWilgy »

Why Eloh? Regardless I just skimmed her over,
Hutt: Not Likely
Empire: Likely
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Jobs”