Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 0]

Post by Epignosis »

We have decided to keep the poll results in a separate thread in this forum. You may view them here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=156
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Simon »

Boogs wrote:
S~V~S wrote: So Simon, what do you say? Why do you think she is bad?
Yeah.... That's a pretty big accusation Day 1 when we don't have much to go on.....
I never saw Krissy post before when she picked her color. Maybe that makes her bad. :ponder:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I know the 2 votes we have in so far are from new players, but I am a bit curious as to why both of them voted so early. I'd like to hear more from Simon and Andrew if either of them get a chance to do so.

And lol nub rey. :P
I voted early because I didn't want to be late. Daddy asked who should I vote for, who should be lynched.

@Hedggeowl - I am excited! :omg:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:Sorry just woke up. I mean was there any info available to anyone on the colours hosts?
:shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Sorry just woke up. I mean was there any info available to anyone on the colours hosts?
:shrug:
Oooookaaaaaaaaayyyy.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hmm, well what about color voting strategy? I am curious about the later voters, why they might vote the popular vs. unpopular colors. For example, Mongoose, what made you choose green as the 7th person vs any other color? Maybe some viewed aligning with black and brown as baddie colors and wanted to blend into the group? Makes Lizzy and Russtifinko stand out, but then someone has to be the first and you don't know if anyone will join. Could also be a good move to pick the smaller group. Thoughts?

:ponder:

@Simon - This is how I feel too :yay:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:Hmm, well what about color voting strategy? I am curious about the later voters, why they might vote the popular vs. unpopular colors. For example, Mongoose, what made you choose green as the 7th person vs any other color? Maybe some viewed aligning with black and brown as baddie colors and wanted to blend into the group? Makes Lizzy and Russtifinko stand out, but then someone has to be the first and you don't know if anyone will join. Could also be a good move to pick the smaller group. Thoughts?

:ponder:

@Simon - This is how I feel too :yay:
I think it's really hard to deduce anything from the color choices. You could argue thta a baddie wouldn't want to stand out and so would be unlikely to be a sole voter of a color, but I think if the baddies are any good they would just vote their favorite color and not think about blending or not blending. I'll be looking at thread evidence rather than color choice to make my decision, personally. Simon is acting very bizarrely, but I've never played with him before so maybe he is always like this.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
McViper
Posts in topic: 97

Post by McViper »

Andrew wrote:
Simon wrote:Krissy has to stay dead forever. She is bad.
If "Simon says" vote for krissy do we have to do it?
No that means, you have to vote for yourself
McViper

Post by McViper »

thellama73 wrote:Ugh. Day Ones are the worst. And it doesn't help that there are so many new players who I have never played with before. This is going to be a very difficult vote.

The best thing to do is not vote for me. I'm very good. Very good. But new to the game. Have mercy please.
McViper

Post by McViper »

you can tell I'm good because my avatar is smiling. I'm a very happy, very good train.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I guess we should discuss some possibilities. How about McViper. I am not getting a totally good feeling reading his posts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:Good old day one. I'm gonna have a quick read through everything and see if something catches my eye. Has everyone checked in yet? I think so but I'm not completely sure...
Everyone has checked in, but Krissy is the only one note to post in the thread, although she voted for he color.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Although Simon's and Andrew's early votes are worth discussion I feel. Newbie exuberance perhaps?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:I guess we should discuss some possibilities. How about McViper. I am not getting a totally good feeling reading his posts.
Could just be new-player weirdness or you could be onto something.

Here's what I have so far(which isn't much): The only things that stood out to me on a quick reread is that Nevinera has only posted once, and he is usually a very chatty player, so that is atypical. Also, A Person has only posted one word, "blue," which prevents us from getting any kind of read on him whatsoever. These are the two I've got my eye on right now, but as always on day one, it's very, very thin.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Although Simon's and Andrew's early votes are worth discussion I feel. Newbie exuberance perhaps?
Given the youth of both these players, I think that is likely what it is. I think I voted relatively early in my first game just out of pure excitement.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 24

Post by S~V~S »

Llama~ Lizzy & Mongoose have only posted once, too. Krissy has not posted at all.

In addition to these 5, there are 4 more that have only posted twice, meaning half the players have not said anything of substance.

What leads you to single out Nev & A Person?

Linki, yeah, I agree re Simon & Andrew.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Although Simon's and Andrew's early votes are worth discussion I feel. Newbie exuberance perhaps?
Given the youth of both these players, I think that is likely what it is. I think I voted relatively early in my first game just out of pure excitement.
Ok we got some names to discuss at least. I am looking forward to their posts.

linki....more names...thanks svs.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Problem is we have a high proportion of noobs. I know when I started I didn't know what or when to post.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Well, if you're going to single people out for low posting, you should single ALL of them out, don't you think? Not just a selective few? That might look...suspicious, couldn't it? And once you go to 2 posts, you see a lot more than Nevin who should know better, eh?

Personally, i don't love voting low posters on the first day, I think they are more likely to be civ than the other way around, but thought I would help you guys out and point out that it was more than just 2 people who aren't posting :)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Well, if you're going to single people out for low posting, you should single ALL of them out, don't you think? Not just a selective few? That might look...suspicious, couldn't it? And once you go to 2 posts, you see a lot more than Nevin who should know better, eh?

Personally, i don't love voting low posters on the first day, I think they are more likely to be civ than the other way around, but thought I would help you guys out and point out that it was more than just 2 people who aren't posting :)
I don't want to single anybody out. I just want to discuss some possibilities. My choice of McViper isn't a low poster. I prefer some discussion rather than panic voting at the end.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Boogs »

I don't like Mcviper's posts, I feel reall uneasy with him continuing to say he's good over and over again.

Also Simon's excuse didn't settle well with me. He had to vote early? He has until 6 tonight and just because she didnt post could just be her being new.

As to the other new players, it's hard to read agreed with them not posting very much. If Lizzy could explain and answer why she voted Black still. On that subject, Rust any info with you being our only Brown paint voter?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

EBWOP Agreed it's hard to read with them not posting very much. Wow my grammar was all over the place.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Snow, that was directed more to Llama, tbh.

Simon is a very young man, as I understand it, and is probably very eager, as I know Andrew must be. Also it is a holiday weekend in the USA, about playing outside and opening swimming pools and BBQ, so very young men should be outside playing, not on their computers. And is this McV's first game? I won;t vote a noob DayOne in their first game. McV may not know that declaring civvieness is not enough.

We are rather bloodthirsty for the noobs today, aren't we?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:Snow, that was directed more to Llama, tbh.

Simon is a very young man, as I understand it, and is probably very eager, as I know Andrew must be. Also it is a holiday weekend in the USA, about playing outside and opening swimming pools and BBQ, so very young men should be outside playing, not on their computers. And is this McV's first game? I won;t vote a noob DayOne in their first game. McV may not know that declaring civvieness is not enough.

I guess so. Perhaps you are right to give them a chance though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I will check in periodically, and I think I will vote for the first experienced player to vote for a noob on a Day One Holiday Weekend. Random or otherwise.

As I understand it, they are:

Andrew
Simon
McViper
Lizzy
Hedgeowl
Krissy
Mongoose

Unless one of them accidentally self outs. If any of these people play under a different name elsewhere, let me know :)
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

Snow Dog wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Snow, that was directed more to Llama, tbh.

I guess so. Perhaps you are right to give them a chance though.
I'm not playing outside, swimming, or eating BBQ (Blech!) I'm playing XBOX - Motor Kombat. And for my post smiley I pick :wine: because Daddy drinks beer.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Now that I read back on it, I think I can safely say Andrew and Simon will not be getting a vote from me today. I had forgotten that they were younger players as well. So more likely than not, it was just very enthusiastic votes from both of them.

Not sure who I'm going to vote for today though. I will have to think on it some.

Linki: I've already done all my family stuff for this weekend (including a wedding for one of my cousins), so I've had my fair share of beer for the time being. :wine:
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

I'm five years old, but I am a very old man because I run out of energy.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Llama~ Lizzy & Mongoose have only posted once, too. Krissy has not posted at all.

In addition to these 5, there are 4 more that have only posted twice, meaning half the players have not said anything of substance.

What leads you to single out Nev & A Person?

Linki, yeah, I agree re Simon & Andrew.
I singled out nev because he is not a n00b and typically quite verbose, so his one post is out of character. It leads me to think he may have BTSC. I singled out A Person, not because he only made oe post, but because he only posted one word, which struck me as odd. I too am not eager to round up the n00bs and lynch them all before they have a chance to play. I am all for giving people a chance to settle in. I do think low posting among established players could be a sign that they are doing all their talking in BTSC, though.

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm taking everything in, even if I don't necessarily post as much as you guys. Day 1's are difficult, but there are a few leads I'm willing to follow that I may or may not talk about as things develop.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: Nothing Color-Related; before anyone asks. Just some gut feelings/pings I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also I'm trying really hard not to cuss or say anything above PG.... which as those of you who have played with me before might realize is tricky :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

It's incredibly difficult for me. :| It's weird not being one of the young'uns in a mafia game! :p
McViper

Post by McViper »

I am new to this and a bit unsure what to post. I really have no clues as to who's a baddie or a goodie.The paint spill really leads me nowhere. Perhaps Llama's reasoning is sound.
McViper

Post by McViper »

I do have a cute Fez, though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

McViper wrote:I do have a cute Fez, though.
This should be your theme song. Lol.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
This should be your theme song. Lol.

I completely agree with our almighty Sockian overlord.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I am on lunch break at work and have Memorial Day plans after work. I will re read and cast my vote as I will not have time later on until late tonight.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sorry for the triple post, but this one is more on actual game content! Yay!!! :D

I agree with llama about Nev. I find it odd that someone who is normally very talkative is suddenly so quiet. Not sure I agree with him on A Person though. I know he's played a bit before, but he tends to either not post very much or forget he's playing altogether sometimes. So I am willing to cut him some slack.

The only other thing that's pinged me so far is this post from McViper:
McViper wrote:

The best thing to do is not vote for me. I'm very good. Very good. But new to the game. Have mercy please.
And this one:
McViper wrote:you can tell I'm good because my avatar is smiling. I'm a very happy, very good train.
These struck me as a bit odd, since it seems a bit pushy for Day 1. Although I could be reading it wrong if it's coming from a player I'm pretty sure is new. The part I'm not happy about is that I have to vote within the next hour or so because of work. But most likely my vote will be coming down to either Nev or McViper.

Linki: Nevermind. Thanks for no triple post from me, Boogs! haha
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

S~V~S wrote:I will check in periodically, and I think I will vote for the first experienced player to vote for a noob on a Day One Holiday Weekend. Random or otherwise.

Andrew
Simon
McViper
Lizzy
Hedgeowl
Krissy
Mongoose

Unless one of them accidentally self outs. If any of these people play under a different name elsewhere, let me know :)
SVS the new players are only 2 less than old players correct? So we can't just exclude someone new IMO but I supposed I will not vote for them the first day. The odds are someone older got paired with them if they were bad so they could have some help. I re read and think Andrew was excited agreed, and Simon seemed eager also. I will give them BoTD for now.
As for who I vote for, Im going to go ahead and vote Niv and trust Llama for the first time ever lol. He's the only Civ striking me odd right now so sorry Niv.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Making a decision is decidely difficult. I agree with you llama that a one word posting is insufficient and potentially suspicious. However, everything is also suspicious now. With so many of us noobs this may be a game that is more challenging for experienced players to analyze. I am reminded of a friend who had little poker experience, but kept winning against experienced players because he had no startegy. It completely freaked them out that they couldn't read him. I don't think this will go quite like that, since people may just get axed if they act too oddly.

For those suffering from cursing withdrawel perhaps :WTF: I struggle myself, but more while speaking.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
McViper

Post by McViper »

Hedgeowl...Every time I proclaim my goodness, I put a target on my back...maybe I should proclaim my badness. I've done bad things in my past. Please forgive me.
McViper

Post by McViper »

Don't forget about my cute Fez.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Right I'm gonna have to vote quickly because I'm going out tonight to get... tired :p I don't know if I'll be back before the deadline but even if I am I'll probably be too tired to post so I'm gonna have to random. That said I do agree with what SVS was saying about giving new players a chance to play so I'll random between the people that I know are experienced players.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Randomised: Came up DH
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bah, randomizing.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Boogs wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I will check in periodically, and I think I will vote for the first experienced player to vote for a noob on a Day One Holiday Weekend. Random or otherwise.

Andrew
Simon
McViper
Lizzy
Hedgeowl
Krissy
Mongoose

SVS the new players are only 2 less than old players correct? So we can't just exclude someone new IMO but I supposed I will not vote for them the first day. The odds are someone older got paired with them if they were bad so they could have some help. I re read and think Andrew was excited agreed, and Simon seemed eager also. I will give them BoTD for now.
As for who I vote for, Im going to go ahead and vote Niv and trust Llama for the first time ever lol. He's the only Civ striking me odd right now so sorry Niv.
On Day One you can exclude a player from making little mistakes if it is the first day of the first game they ever played, yeah. It used to be an unwritten rule of sorts, not lynching noobs on Day One.

I have seen only one thing to strike me so far; here in this post, Boogs, you say:
How exactly do you know he's a civ? Why do you feel you need to pick someone to vote for out of the civs? Not only am I not gonna vote for a new player, I'm not voting for Nev either, i think. I mean, Boogs knows hes a civ :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

Howdy, folks! Sorry I haven't been around too much, but I've just finished my master's thesis the other night and today my granny had surgery (all's well though,Huzzah!) However, that should mean I now have more time to focus on the game.:D

I've seen my name mentioned a couple of times and not sure how or if I should even justify my option in the first place. Like everyone else, I've chosen a colour very dear to me, or we are to get technical, a non colour. I just think black is extremely elegant (I'm a girl, so I'm obviously thinking about garments :P). Toss in a red silk scarf, and boom! minimalist chic-ness! ;) I was honestly expecting it to get more love. :(
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:
Boogs wrote:

Andrew
Simon
McViper
Lizzy
Hedgeowl
Krissy
Mongoose

On Day One you can exclude a player from making little mistakes if it is the first day of the first game they ever played, yeah. It used to be an unwritten rule of sorts, not lynching noobs on Day One.

I have seen only one thing to strike me so far; here in this post, Boogs, you say:
How exactly do you know he's a civ? Why do you feel you need to pick someone to vote for out of the civs? Not only am I not gonna vote for a new player, I'm not voting for Nev either, i think. I mean, Boogs knows hes a civ :)
Excellent observation S V S. I missed that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

It's tough being new. Not all understand the goodness that is McViper! Granted in this game whoooo whooo knows what we all are?

It is true that the association of a Fez is good for me. :D

Image Image
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”