55%

Total votes: 11
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 72
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Lost Again Mafia (season 1) - Day 4

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:There isn't anything between the lines Scotty, that's what you don't understand.
I guess I'll just never get a straight answer from you on the matter, and I look thicker because of it. I'm still working off that christmas ham, thank you very much.
a2thezebra wrote:Neither myself nor nutella is a baddie, lol. If the only thing you've got going against me Scotty is the hypocrisy you falsely claim I hold, then where is your suspicion of Wilgy to go with it? Even if I was being hypocritical in that instance, you claim you're not defending Wilgy against a case you admit to liking yet you don't figure him for either of the last two baddies. Instead, me and nutella.

:mafia:
Notice in an addendum post where I realized that it wouldn't be wise for both of you to be mafia and not bussing Matt.
I also love how confident you are about nutella not being bad. Why is that? Like, ok, you don't suspect her, but there you go again in absolutes. How could you know?

My opinion of Wilgy is as such (and I must admit that I mostly skimmed your wall of text due to time :meany: ): I think he could very well be bad, and your points indicate in so many words that his play has been wishy washy and lazy. I would like to hear Wilgy's response to your post for sure, especially to your perception of his baddie game in Star Wars being parallel to this game. I didn't read through that game, so I'll just have to take your word for it. I must also say that your attention towards Wilgy reminds me of me when I'm tunneling hard on someone as if giving a cross examination. That could be a good thing, but could also be a bad thing. It's making it hard to believe you are on the same team, good or bad. If Wilgy is lynched and he turns out bad, I will not see you as bad. So there's that.

My comments about you stem from the fact that I just haven't trusted you for longer, for a playstyle that seems very secretive and yet altogether jumpy. There's just something I can't fill in or put my finger on. But that's where my initial gloss over your suspicion came from.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

nutella wrote:And what exactly are your reasons for voting me? Sure I haven't looked perfect this game, but I'm a civ. I guess my behavior's been suspicious enough to make me an easy target for the baddies to deflect onto.
K.

nutella's game has been defined by that of which she admits to: "under the radar".

I already ripped on her from Day 2 when she hypocritically said that she thinks the people not getting into the discussion are baddies, when she herself only had 3 posts. She then defends this with:
I know that I'm sort of in the background, I just think that the baddies are also in the background.
That's like attempting to adopt a new company policy of required body-odor-canceling deodorant to be applied on everyone's armpits because your own pits smell like a dog's ass.
nutella wrote: I'll try to pay more attention and start to form some thoughts on day 2. Honestly even though my vote for Floyd was pretty pseudo-random I wouldn't mind pursuing him a bit since he also seems to have remained pretty under-the-radar.
So she says she hopes to get involved on Day 2, and pursue low-posters. Her vote on day 1 was for Floyd, because "idk" and her subsequent vote was also for Floyd for not contributing.
nutella wrote:
Scotty wrote:I wonder what nutella thinks about all this game stuff. :ponder:
I too am interested in whether Zebra has info. I might decide to vote for Matt with that hope, but I'm kinda skeptical about him. I still have an odd hunch about Floyd, and tentatively also Long Con, but idk how to explain it. I guess I'm tired of overanalyzing and manufacturing suspicions and would rather listen to my gut unless something more convincing comes up.
Not even 10 posts in, and she's already tired of overanalyzing. Her hope that Zebra might have info is not enough to want to vote him, and she thinks about voting for Floyd on an unexplainable "hunch".

Day 2's vote ultimately falls on Zebra, who she ultimately doesn't trust for being shady on Day 2:
nutella wrote:I'm voting for Zebra. I believe Matt's claim and I'd very much prefer that he not die :scared: and besides I find myself not trusting a word from Zebra lately.
Her opinion of Matt on Day 1 and Day 2 is quite openly defending (yeah, I'm not one to talk, especially from Day 2). She believes the talkative people were good (Matt was all over that Day 1) and by Day 2, she runs with Matt's alibi as Sun. This is a logical reasoning, though we soon find out in Day 3 that all mafia have an alibi, so in essence, she could be working with the collective town knowledge (or lack thereof).

Anyway, Floyd is lynched, then she posts this candy:
nutella wrote: anyway, shit, RIP Floyd. Kinda weird how those votes suddenly happened, I'm not really clear on why. But I just want to lynch Zebra even more.
She firmly leaves the Floyd camp, and "isn't clear why Floyd was lynched". Even though she voted for him Day 1, and even threw out his name as someone she was suspecting on "an odd hunch". But all of that is thrown to the wind, because now she declares Zebra is bad.

Epi pressures her on not pushing more against Matt, but she completely tosses that aside with:
nutella wrote: The one I'm really suspicious of is Zebra. And that's where my vote is going.
Not to say that she should have been going harder on Matt, even though she said she might vote for him Day 2, but it does make one wonder.

On Day 3, it is mentioned that Floyd probably checked Matt.
nutella wrote:Yeah, it does make sense to me now that Floyd probably checked Matt. And this may be really unkosher to say (idk punish me if it's breaking the rule) but part of why I think so is based on what Golden said.

But, my major hesitation is that I really believed Matt's claim, and given I know Jin is in this game I'd be surprised if Sun wasn't. If that's true and the baddies indeed have fake roles to claim, then kudos Golden for seriously messing with my brain. But based on how the role claiming fest went down, I still hella don't trust Zebra.

Conclusion: I'm not sure whether I want to change my vote or not. Probably Matt will be lynched anyway, but I'd feel bad if he's my dear wife. :p And seriously, what is going on with zebra, has everyone else picked up on something that I haven't? And wtf is wrong with that rainbow list? Is that a self-outing? :confused:
She admits to seeing the reasoning with the Floyd check, but can't come to terms with the alibi thing being probable, and *plus* since Matt's probably going to be lynched anyway, why vote for him, right? Matt still hadn't gone AWOL and admitted, so the jig wasn't technically over at that point I suppose. But nutella indirectly attempted to push the focus back on zebra.

Before Matt gets lynched:
nutella wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Anyone care to talk about how if Matt flips civ, Zebra is Scum?
:srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod:
She :srsnod: with Wilgy on the condition of Matt flipping civ.

Matt flips the opposite of civ at the end of Day 3, but then her top suspects:
nutella wrote:So the fake role claim thing is confirmed. Well that's pretty fucked up. But great that we're one baddie down!

I bet the other two are Wilgy and Zebra. And if by some crazy chance that's not the case, I'd entertain that crazy theory about Sorsha and Typh.
So Zebra's still on there, plus Wilgy...whom she had never discussed as suspicious before this point. Plus Sorsha and Typh as possibly having a little mafia party.
nutella wrote:I've finally changed my mind on Zebra (it's been a gradual process over the last couple days tbh). I think Wilgy and Scotty are our uzzers.
Ope! Zebra's in the clear now! Something changed! Did she pet one at the zoo and have a change of heart? Tune in Thursday at 11!
nutella wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:It's Epi and Wilgy folks.
Or this actually.
Ope! Changed it again! Two people who she still hasn't talked about.

And today, she votes Wilgy. Why? I dunno. Because zebra suggested it?

That's a breakdown so far of why I don't think nutella is good. She has been on the periphery all game, her defense of Matt doesn't look great, and I'm still not sure of why she votes where she votes.

Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Typhoony »

Scotty wrote: Ok. I mean you named me as your top suspect at top of the night yesterday with no reason, but yeah, take your time.
Annoyed, are we? :p
I don't think you're gonna get nutelLA lynched today, btw. I have no interest in voting her. You're better off putting your vote on Wilgy if you don't want to die.

Anyway, why I think you are bad:

1) You hinted at your role early on

As I explained earlier with Epi, I think baddies are more likely to do this than civvies. Baddies know that civvies do not know that baddies have a safe role to claim, so the incentive of claiming a role becomes bigger since you can use the defence "I hinted at my role from the beginning. Clearly that means I am actually that role". You cannot use that defence after everyone else has hinted or claimed. Waiting till the last minute to hint or claim opens you up to suspicion, so why not do it nice and early as a baddie... like in your first post?

2) You seem afraid to name people you think are civ, thereby leaving the door open for a future lynch.

I looked through your posts, but you never go out of your way to proclaim someone a civ.

A glaring example of your hesitance to call anyone civ is with me and Sorsha. You always keep the back door open. You say that you trust Sorsha and me, but that we are not cleared. Later on, when I say I am 100% certain SVS would not kill me on Night 1, you say you will "keep it in mind"
It's Day 4, surely there are people out there now that you trust. It seems like you've paid attention to the game, so the fact that you aren't willing to say "I don't want to lynch that person, I'm pretty sure they are civ" combined with the fact that you've got nutella and zebra as your others doesn't make you look good. They are two people that I am pretty confident about.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Voting records would point to Wilgy and Scotty.
Day 1 Scotty and Wilgy voted Dfaraday. Epi voted Nutella
Day 2 Scotty and Wilgy voted Zebra. Epi was the first vote on Floyd.

Problem is that I don't think they are teammates based on their interactions in the thread. So it it Scotty + Epi or Wilgy + Epi?

I don't think it's SVS, nutella or Zebra. Bullzeye is pretty neutral for me, I'm mostly going on SVS' read of him.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 118

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm not breaking my word, so I won't vote Scotty.

Typh, lets make a 3 way tie.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

What word? You never promised to not vote Scotty.

Apart from that I'm not gonna create a tie just for the sake of creating a tie at this point in the game. Neither should anyone else.
It is also impossible for me to create a 3-way tie atm, nub Wilgy.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

And I guess you're not responding to what Zebra said?

Wilgy, you're doing a shit job of making me think you're a civ atm.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 237

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:There isn't anything between the lines Scotty, that's what you don't understand.
I guess I'll just never get a straight answer from you on the matter, and I look thicker because of it. I'm still working off that christmas ham, thank you very much.
a2thezebra wrote:Neither myself nor nutella is a baddie, lol. If the only thing you've got going against me Scotty is the hypocrisy you falsely claim I hold, then where is your suspicion of Wilgy to go with it? Even if I was being hypocritical in that instance, you claim you're not defending Wilgy against a case you admit to liking yet you don't figure him for either of the last two baddies. Instead, me and nutella.

Notice in an addendum post where I realized that it wouldn't be wise for both of you to be mafia and not bussing Matt.
I also love how confident you are about nutella not being bad. Why is that? Like, ok, you don't suspect her, but there you go again in absolutes. How could you know?
Where did I say that I know? :shrug:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty your cases are gobbledy-gook. :meany:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

He seems to be just throwing stuff out there in the hope that literally anything at all will stick.

Maybe Epi can call him the shitslinger from now on.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Didn't have time to do so earlier, just looked at the votes and posted. I suppose I'll do that now.

I don't think we should make a tie, but the only way to save either Scotty or I at this point would be for us to put three on Epi, meaning Scotty would have to move his vote.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

What
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:Didn't have time to do so earlier, just looked at the votes and posted. I suppose I'll do that now.

I don't think we should make a tie, but the only way to save either Scotty or I at this point would be for us to put three on Epi, meaning Scotty would have to move his vote.
:driveby:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, so I'll try to organize this as best as I can for a mobile lunch post XD

"Wilgy dodges my actual criticism here by hand-waving the accusation and follows it up a declaration of how his pattern will go this game."
Sorry, I didn't mean to dodge the criticism, but I just didn't think me saying hello to everyone was worth actual suspicion meaning that I needed no actual response.

"Get along with someone you like and solve the game, Wilgy? Well then tell me, who did you choose? Because all I see in your ISO is continued lurkerific tunneling of me while offering no insights, opinions, or analyses of other posts."
I chose Scotty... Er... He chose me XD you are correct in the fact that I've been lazy. Sorry, we had 2 people quit at work, so that's keepin me busy...

"The Wilgy we see here has little change of opinion since Day 1 because that's the easiest way to blend in and be questioned as little as possible. His ISO is also too large to warrant lurker accusations of a game this size, making it the perfect unnoticed baddie strategy: to be right under everyone's noses but also be playing it too safe to ever call attention to itself."
Hey Zebra, who did I tunnel in star wars? If we are seeing the same Wilgy, please point out the tunneling. Also, if I was bad and my strat was to stay low on everyone's radar, why would I pick you of all players to tunnel? That'd be a death wish.

"He defends Matt using another game's meta and attacks me with that same game's meta because I'm not responding to his suspicion of me identically. "
Y'know, you are right. My bad for using META :shrug:

"Wilgy only uses Matt's name provided the context of his posts can be used to make me look worse (see examples at the bottom)"
At that point I think the list of names I hadn't used was larger than the list of names that I had used. Irrelevant.

Yeah, I was tunneling you up until the matt flip, only then I was like "maaaayyyybeee" I don't think me tunneling you through the matt flip is relevant either considering that there are multiple scum.

Anything else I need to address?
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:Ok, so I'll try to organize this as best as I can for a mobile lunch post XD

"Wilgy dodges my actual criticism here by hand-waving the accusation and follows it up a declaration of how his pattern will go this game."
Sorry, I didn't mean to dodge the criticism, but I just didn't think me saying hello to everyone was worth actual suspicion meaning that I needed no actual response.

*yawn*

"Get along with someone you like and solve the game, Wilgy? Well then tell me, who did you choose? Because all I see in your ISO is continued lurkerific tunneling of me while offering no insights, opinions, or analyses of other posts."
I chose Scotty... Er... He chose me XD you are correct in the fact that I've been lazy. Sorry, we had 2 people quit at work, so that's keepin me busy...

*playing sympathy* *an excuse for lack of activity but not an excuse for your alignment* *yawn*

"The Wilgy we see here has little change of opinion since Day 1 because that's the easiest way to blend in and be questioned as little as possible. His ISO is also too large to warrant lurker accusations of a game this size, making it the perfect unnoticed baddie strategy: to be right under everyone's noses but also be playing it too safe to ever call attention to itself."
Hey Zebra, who did I tunnel in star wars? If we are seeing the same Wilgy, please point out the tunneling. Also, if I was bad and my strat was to stay low on everyone's radar, why would I pick you of all players to tunnel? That'd be a death wish.

More hand-waving again. I told you, it's about the balance. You picked me because anyone else and you'd be borderline lurking. Trying to defend the Star Wars comparison by focusing on elements that are irrelevant to what makes you good or bad in either game is not a smart way to go.

"He defends Matt using another game's meta and attacks me with that same game's meta because I'm not responding to his suspicion of me identically. "

Another discount defense, using meta at all is not the issue. You know it and everyone else does too. Read what you're responding to.

"Wilgy only uses Matt's name provided the context of his posts can be used to make me look worse (see examples at the bottom)"
At that point I think the list of names I hadn't used was larger than the list of names that I had used. Irrelevant.

Irrelevant my ass. Matt is the only dead scum we have. Trying to claim he's as irrelevant as any other name is a TERRIBLE look for you. Not to mention even if he was, you still tried to dodge the actual accusation. You have only used him to go after me. If I call you disingenuous, it would help you not to say my claim is "irrelevant". What a godawful defense this is.

Yeah, I was tunneling you up until the matt flip, only then I was like "maaaayyyybeee" I don't think me tunneling you through the matt flip is relevant either considering that there are multiple scum.

How in the world does there being multiple scum render your behavior regarding Matt and I irrelevant?

I'll leave it up to the other civilians if they need any more convincing. I think you just dug your own grave with this "defense" here hombre.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Scotty, idk what kind of case that was, you basically summarized some things I said without any analysis. Nice try. :shrug: Like I said, my "flip" on Zebra was not sudden but gradual as I found myself trusting her opinions more (Typh's contributions helped bc I trusted him). As for Floyd, my reaction to his lynch was exactly how I said -- I was surprised that all those votes appeared on him and I was unclear on the motivation for it, and it had nothing to do with my earlier gut suspicion of him.

Looks like Wilgy is digging his hole deeper. I think either Scotty or Epi could be his teammate. Part of me wants to think Scotty is genuine, so I want to hear more from Epi for sure.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Bullzeye »

Not sure how much time I'll have over the coming days (hopefully none tbh because it'll mean I've finally got onto a phd) so I'll cast my vote while I know I have a few minutes. Of the two who look like big candidates I think *Scotty* is more likely to be bad. His weird pushing against SVS thing looks suspicious to me, like he's trying to make something of nothing. More thoughts shortly when I've finished catching up.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I still suspect Zebra too for her defense of Matt and the weirdness of day 2. I think she's quite likely to be bad but on catching up Scotty has kinda caught my eye and I want to see what's going on there about as much as I want to prove Zebra is bad.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:
Scotty wrote: Ok. I mean you named me as your top suspect at top of the night yesterday with no reason, but yeah, take your time.
I don't think you're gonna get nutelLA lynched today, btw. I have no interest in voting her. You're better off putting your vote on Wilgy if you don't want to die.

While this is true that I did so, this is pure WIFOM and I'm hardly the only one to do so. Why am I the target of your ire for that and not "udders" or "city slicker"?
As I explained earlier with Epi, I think baddies are more likely to do this than civvies. Baddies know that civvies do not know that baddies have a safe role to claim, so the incentive of claiming a role becomes bigger since you can use the defence "I hinted at my role from the beginning. Clearly that means I am actually that role". You cannot use that defence after everyone else has hinted or claimed. Waiting till the last minute to hint or claim opens you up to suspicion, so why not do it nice and early as a baddie... like in your first post?

2) You seem afraid to name people you think are civ, thereby leaving the door open for a future lynch.

I looked through your posts, but you never go out of your way to proclaim someone a civ.

I hardly ever go out of my way to call someone civ unless I am confident in it. I actually think I came close with Matt, though that didn't turn out well. Typh, we haven't played that much together, but trust me in that statement now and in future/past games. I'm still not apologizing for that- in fact, I would admit it's better in general to be suspicious of everyone. Paranoid Scotty gonna be paranoid.
a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Where did I say that I know? :shrug:
Speaking in definitives tend to imply that. Instead of "I don't think nutella is bad" you said "nutella is not a baddie".
a2thezebra wrote:Scotty your cases are gobbledy-gook. :meany:
how is that any different from usual? :meany:
DrWilgy wrote:I'm not breaking my word, so I won't vote Scotty.

Typh, lets make a 3 way tie.
lol what Wilgy? When did you give me your word? Because if I recall, we voted as a block on Day 1, and I returned the favor on Day 2. We haven't even really interacted since then, so this is actually surprising to me.
Typhoony wrote:He seems to be just throwing stuff out there in the hope that literally anything at all will stick.

Maybe Epi can call him the shitslinger from now on.
Actually, I think I have a solid suspicion on nutella. Not sure what shit you're talking about.

You know how this usually goes down for me in the past? People think my cases are crap, or choose not to listen to them, and some of them are wrong, but some of them aren't. And then I get lynched and everyone goes "So sorry Scotty, my bad." I'm hoping it doesn't go that route again before at least this one is resolved. Shoot me if I'm wrong here about nutella, but I feel pretty convinced in this. Even if you don't.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Bullzeye wrote:Not sure how much time I'll have over the coming days (hopefully none tbh because it'll mean I've finally got onto a phd) so I'll cast my vote while I know I have a few minutes. Of the two who look like big candidates I think *Scotty* is more likely to be bad. His weird pushing against SVS thing looks suspicious to me, like he's trying to make something of nothing. More thoughts shortly when I've finished catching up.
Welcome to the party. Take a ticket.
Why does butting heads with SVS look suspicious? "like he's trying to make something of nothing" Is there a parrot in here? Are you just repeating what SVS said?
nutella wrote:Scotty, idk what kind of case that was, you basically summarized some things I said without any analysis. Nice try. :shrug: Like I said, my "flip" on Zebra was not sudden but gradual as I found myself trusting her opinions more (Typh's contributions helped bc I trusted him). As for Floyd, my reaction to his lynch was exactly how I said -- I was surprised that all those votes appeared on him and I was unclear on the motivation for it, and it had nothing to do with my earlier gut suspicion of him.

Looks like Wilgy is digging his hole deeper. I think either Scotty or Epi could be his teammate. Part of me wants to think Scotty is genuine, so I want to hear more from Epi for sure.
It was a perusal through your past, like a psychotherapist traversing your mental landscape. Your choices of suspicions seemed random; so yes, while your switch from Zebra, for example, was "gradual" as you say, I didn't see you talk about what actually switched it. Maybe you can't put your finger on it, but then, I feel like you haven't been able to put your finger on any of your votes this game.

I still don't know why you initially voted for Wilgy. Yes, his defense here does not look good, but why did you vote him before then?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Changing my vote to Wilgy then. Sorry man, but I also don't think your recent response has been genuine. And plus I need to save myself.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I've been speaking in definitives because it goes without saying that my statements are not definitives. Can you imagine how tiring and tedious it would be to preface every opinion you ever voice in your life with "I think" or "In my opinion" when it's self-evident that that is the case regardless of whether or not you say it?

Also, Bullz's last two posts pinged the shit out of me. I'm now thinking it's just as likely to be Wilgy/Bullz as it might be Wilgy/Epi.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Scotty wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Not sure how much time I'll have over the coming days (hopefully none tbh because it'll mean I've finally got onto a phd) so I'll cast my vote while I know I have a few minutes. Of the two who look like big candidates I think *Scotty* is more likely to be bad. His weird pushing against SVS thing looks suspicious to me, like he's trying to make something of nothing. More thoughts shortly when I've finished catching up.
Welcome to the party. Take a ticket.
Why does butting heads with SVS look suspicious? "like he's trying to make something of nothing" Is there a parrot in here? Are you just repeating what SVS said?
It's not the butting heads, it's the insistence on making something out of her saying she wouldn't kill Typh. Like you really want people to think she did. It just feels weird.
a2thezebra wrote:
Also, Bullz's last two posts pinged the shit out of me. I'm now thinking it's just as likely to be Wilgy/Bullz as it might be Wilgy/Epi.
No U.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I see, make that Bullz' last three posts.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

SVS what is your opinion on Bullz?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Scotty wrote:
Typhoony wrote:

While this is true that I did so, this is pure WIFOM and I'm hardly the only one to do so. Why am I the target of your ire for that and not "udders" or "city slicker"?
You are not the only one. Notice I also mentioned Epi down here. Who said "city slicker"?

I hardly ever go out of my way to call someone civ unless I am confident in it. I actually think I came close with Matt, though that didn't turn out well. Typh, we haven't played that much together, but trust me in that statement now and in future/past games. I'm still not apologizing for that- in fact, I would admit it's better in general to be suspicious of everyone. Paranoid Scotty gonna be paranoid.
There's a difference between what you are doing and what the rest is doing. Most of the people left alive seem comfortable with following, or at the very least trusting, someone else in the game. You seem to keep every option open at all times. Being paranoid is fine, being too paranoid is not.
There's no shame in being caught as a baddie Scotty.
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

Typhoony wrote:SVS what is your opinion on Bullz?
Either he has really switched his bad game out and totally chilled. Bad Bullz of yore would have lost his shit over all the role claiming. Also I think he would have lost his shit over the early suspicion for no reason with Matt as well.

Either that or he had a fake role to claim and him & Matt were doing some faux distancing that got out of hand becasue I made a stink over it.

I am leaning the former, but won't totally discount the latter.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Would you not expect me to lose my shit over all the role claiming? :p
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 122

Post by S~V~S »

Not like Bullz~ he has been, victimized, for lack of a better word, by info more than once. He gets this bitter, spitting nails angry thing going on. Now, if I were him, I would work hard to eliminate that kind of reaction from my game. But it isn't always easy.

And tbh, in this game where apparently the host made it mega easy for baddie role claiming, I would expect baddies to be less intense about it than they would be in a game where the host did not tell them, "Here ya go, lets all roleclaim!".
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:Changing my vote to Wilgy then. Sorry man, but I also don't think your recent response has been genuine. And plus I need to save myself.
What words or statements make what I said not genuine. Quote the exact lines.

I thought I had stated I wouldn't betray you? I don't intend to.

Im the white under the brown.
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Ok, so I'll try to organize this as best as I can for a mobile lunch post XD

*yawn*
I... Deserve that.

*playing sympathy* *an excuse for lack of activity but not an excuse for your alignment* *yawn*
Did I make an arguement for my alignment here? Nah, I just stated that I was being lazy and why.

More hand-waving again. I told you, it's about the balance. You picked me because anyone else and you'd be borderline lurking. Trying to defend the Star Wars comparison by focusing on elements that are irrelevant to what makes you good or bad in either game is not a smart way to go.
Explain this to me, how is it not a good way to go, when Star Wars elements are what made you suspish in the first place? "You'd be borderline lurking." explain that line to me... Er.. Give a comparison. I thought I was lurking already.

Another discount defense, using meta at all is not the issue. You know it and everyone else does too. Read what you're responding to.
Give me afew hours, I'll re-read it.

Irrelevant my ass. Matt is the only dead scum we have. Trying to claim he's as irrelevant as any other name is a TERRIBLE look for you. Not to mention even if he was, you still tried to dodge the actual accusation. You have only used him to go after me. If I call you disingenuous, it would help you not to say my claim is "irrelevant". What a godawful defense this is.
Hmm? I didn't use him to go after you. I went after you while acknowledging that he was bad. There's a difference. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to go in btsc "hey matt buddy up with Zebra so I can get her" if I was just using him to go after you? The process you state that I went through is just Illogical. Your claim is irrelevent though, throw a bundle of gumballs at a box and one is bound to fall inside. I'm in a game with a bunch of players and names it was only sensible that I state his name. Actually, considering he was up to lynch multiple times, there was a higher chance of me mentioning him, I just happened to be wrong. Hmm... About being wrong, what makes me bad and scotty wrong as you claime earlier?

How in the world does there being multiple scum render your behavior regarding Matt and I irrelevant?
They weren't connected in the sense that it was affecting my scum read on you. Sorry for not explaining this thoroughly.

I'll leave it up to the other civilians if they need any more convincing. I think you just dug your own grave with this "defense" here hombre.
I technically cannot dig a grave. That's upto you.

Someone ISO Nutella. Odd that she thought I was scum with Zebra at one point. Also odd that she was the one vote on Floyd day 1. Also odd that she, Matt, scotty and I all voted Zebra day 2. Also odd that she remained on Zebra yestderday. Even oddest... Her constant shift from voting Zebra 2 days in a row, one of which the cop basically stated "hey Matts bad" and is now agreeing with her.

G2g again peeps *snaps and points while backing out of the room*
Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

DrWilgy wrote: <with regards to Scotty>
Where the hell did you say this, except for earlier today?
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Typhoony wrote:

You are not the only one. Notice I also mentioned Epi down here. Who said "city slicker"?

There's a difference between what you are doing and what the rest is doing. Most of the people left alive seem comfortable with following, or at the very least trusting, someone else in the game. You seem to keep every option open at all times. Being paranoid is fine, being too paranoid is not.
There's no shame in being caught as a baddie Scotty.
You're going to be very disappointed when you find what you think is my baddie play style is actually my civ play. You seem quite content with getting me lynched on reasons that are resonant with a play style you don't agree with. You are incredibly misguided here, but I promise you I am good.

Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

"A play style you don't agree with"

What are you talking about?
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:bass:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

no u
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 158

Post by Epignosis »

Do y'all need my opinion or something?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:Do y'all need my opinion or something?
No, but I want it. :|
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
I need to find my glasses. Lost the damn things near the cave where Kate and I were doing a little horizontal mambo now that Jack's gone. :slick:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Jesus, Epi. Put some effort into the game, will you? Thanks.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I need to find my glasses. Lost the damn things near the cave where Kate and I were doing a little horizontal mambo now that Jack's gone. :slick:
You wish.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:Jesus, Epi. Put some effort into the game, will you? Thanks.
Just because I ain't yakkin' doesn't mean I'm just slackin'.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Sure seems like it.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Who are you voting Epi? :suspish:
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Typhoony wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: <with regards to Scotty>
Where the hell did you say this, except for earlier today?
I'm not sire at this point... I keep thinking I stated that, but then I look over my posts and I dont see it. It's causing emotional conflict. dying... Send help...
Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You probably said that you wouldn't betray him in BTSC.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

But I dont have btsc to say that in.

That would also imply that we both have btsc... Making him bad. Vote for scotty today and me tomorrow. It's a Wilgy promise that I'm civ.
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Okay kids.

Typhoony- Sorsha cleared the man. Nuff said.

++++

S~V~S- I had my doubts early on, but I'd say that Matt's death clears her, not to mention she's Muhammad.

++++

Bullzeye- The interactions between him and Tuft-Head don't make any sense to me if they are in cahoots. There were plenty of opportunities to pivot off Matt, but Bully Boy never wavered. Since he was the "victim" in the scenario, he could have mitigated suspicion of Matt- instead he stepped on the pedal and didn't let up. Another thing is that he was reluctant to claim, which is what I would expect from him.

++++

Scotty- Here's where we start getting a mite hazy as we move on up the list. You see, I didn't even think that there was anything about fake roles or whatever (like in that Christmas card my old man got that one time I got left home alone). So I believed "Sun" until y'all barbecued Jumbotron on the beach while I was gone. After that, I knew better. So what the hell does that have to do with Scotty? Well, he told me his real name was Charlie early on, and at that time, I was still unaware about fake roles and all that foolishness.

One thing of minor note is that Charlie is from Manchester. Yet Scotty was referencing American dollars, not British pounds. :ponder:

In one of his largest posts, he says:
Scotty wrote:I personally think Matt and Wilgy are my two civ reads. Matt has been literally defending himself since we started. But again, no one has answered me on how he usually acts in games. He seems very spastic, and I've just been chocking that up to his personality. But. if that isn't a quality that he normally has, then I'd maybe change my mind.
Wilgy has not yet given me a reason not to trust him, but I also want to hear more from him. I'm usually not a fan of buddying in games, but I feel like I can still trust him.
And later, this:
Scotty wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hey Scotty, what do you think of SVS?
I think SVS has appealed to emotion over this game, and while she hasn't exactly gone above and beyond digging into Matt, she has not brought up any more relevant reads. A majority of her responses have her 'thinking about it more', but I'm still waiting on more reads than Matt. The whole SVS-Matt-Bullzeye thing is wearing on me, honestly. I still believe Matt to be good, and one or more of the current voters on him bad.

I do believe that if this vote stands and Matt turns out to be good, several people including SVS *cough cough and Zebra cough cough* will have a lot to answer to.
However:
Scotty wrote:Anyway, sorry if you were good Matt. I tried :shrug2:
My biggest reason for not suspecting Scotty is that, looking over his posts, he and I have been on the same mental wavelength on a lot of things- could be a blind spot, so I don't know.

++++

nutella- I said she was bad news if Tuft-Head turned out something awful, and he did. The problem is I said that without knowing anything about these fake roles my old man had to deal with. Still, no Sun? No Jin. That's what I was thinking. And the way she reacted to Tuft-Head going down? That don't look good.

I also suspected her because she wondered if The Striped Crusader had information on Matt, but once Jumbotron went and got lynched, she didn't push Matt.

I don't know what made her change her mind on zebra (her explanation wasn't specific).

Finally, I liked what Scotty had to say about her in his big post, but again, that's just another example of me and him being on the same page.

++++

DrWilgy- My initial thinking was that Michael stands out as unlikely, but the presence of Boone still surprises me.
DrWilgy wrote:Not really much more for me to say here. I don't see Matt doing what he's doing as scum, too flashy, not worth the risk... Especially when he can win by y'know doing nothing (see pet sounds).

Zebra is completely opposite of when I called her out last time... (see pet sounds) where she practically gave up upon stupid accusation. This time she challenges me in response... :suspish:

Why the exception for my buddying Scotty?
There's a defense of Matt there, and a suspicion of zebra. After Matt's death:
DrWilgy wrote:Actually... It's Scotty and Nutella. Just looked at Matt's ISO.

There's a post where he calls me civ, while not mentioning Scotty. I think at that point I was still purposely parroting Scotty though, so it doesn't make sense.

His only mentioning of both Epi and Nutella was done jokingly, so one of those two. Nutella's vote last round is the one off key though.
It's Scotty and nutella, but he's had his vote on me. :suspish:

++++

a2thezebra-
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not familiar with Matt's baddie game. I am however familiar with his civ and indy game, and this seems in tune with that.
a2thezebra wrote:This was a tough choice, but I'm more confident that Matt is good than DFaraday being bad or good.
a2thezebra wrote:Matt on the other hand is 100% civ Matt.
a2thezebra wrote:Prepare to die Matt.
Then when I had to leave and voted Floyd, zebra said:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:At this moment, Stink Floyd would be my top pick to be lynched. His vote against Tuft-Head makes no sense to me.
Floyd it is.
a2thezebra wrote:When it's Day 2 of a game this small and I have no idea what my reads are, I like to resort to unorthodox ways of hunting scum. I think what is to be made of how different players reacted to my baseless confidence in the lynching of Matt is the most crucial element to examine today, moreso even than the lynch (though I may be speaking too soon of course). For now I'm willing to put my trust in Epi, because I don't think he would read Floyd as bad yet again unless he was quite confident with that read. That, and I agree with him that his vote is fishy. One of the fishiest yet actually.
Saying I was confident is an exaggeration- I voted Floyd because his reason for voting Matt made zero sense. It still makes zero sense. So no, I wasn't confident.

Then this stinker:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not putting the blame of this on Epi, he only voted. I was the one that turned it into a lynch.
a2thezebra wrote:And to top it all off, throughout that day phase despite all the hullabaloo about my irrational yet confident suspicion of Matt, followed by my bait-and-switch to put my faith in Epi's read of Floyd (a foolish mistake on my part considering I am now fairly certain Epi knew exactly what he was doing with his disingenuous Floyd vote)
Out of everybody, I'd say I'm the most suspicious of The Striped Crusader.

++++

Now the Day 1 vote:

Floyd 1 nutella (3) 6%

Nutella 1 Epignosis (10) 6%

DFaraday 6 Scotty (4), DrWilgy (7), Typhoony (13), Matt (14), a2thezebra (15), Long Con (18) 33%

Matt 5 S~V~S (8), Sorsha (9), TheFloyd73 (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (17) 28%

If I'm right about S~V~S and Bullzeye, then there wasn't any attempt to chuck Matt off the island by his friends. And at least one of them tried to save him. That means zebra or Wilgy for sure, if not both.

++++

However, the three people I trust the most are voting Scotty. Three people I find questionable are voting The Wilger Man. :|
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:But I dont have btsc to say that in.

That would also imply that we both have btsc... Making him bad. Vote for scotty today and me tomorrow. It's a Wilgy promise that I'm civ.
Nice try, but you expect me to forget that names are mentioned outside of BTSC that aren't in BTSC? You go today.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Way to quote a bunch of my posts while giving no reason as to why you think they make me bad. You're next, Epi.

Return to “Previous Heists”