Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 2]

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
I'm prickly because I'm not sleeping well. Though I am pretty grumpy normally anyway.
I can totally understand that. I am an absolute beast when I've not slept enough or sufficiently.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 1]

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Nice way to spread the vote even further~ the baddies can swoop in and lynch a civ with just one vote with such a spread, especially if the lurkers dont vote :(
No kidding.
It's hard to come to consensus this early, but we can't afford to leave everyone with 1-2 votes again.

I'm favoring DP, on the logic that llama must have some kind of info from that last survey,
but I could see Bullz or maybe McViper - he went oddly silent after that initial flurry of suspicion.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Epignosis »

Hedgeowl wrote:Hosts- Since diesel 10 may prevent someone voting the next day, does this mean the person won't use the poll or will their vote instead be ignored?
A person not allowed to vote will be notified of this via PM, and thus will be expected to abstain.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

How much vote manipulation do the baddies honestly have? I see they have one vote block, but that's about it. So unless someone can point it out to me, I don't see how the baddies have significant influence on this vote.

Linki: That's a very interesting idea. Especially if everyone else votes except the one person who was blocked.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Nice way to spread the vote even further~ the baddies can swoop in and lynch a civ with just one vote with such a spread, especially if the lurkers dont vote :(
No kidding.
It's hard to come to consensus this early, but we can't afford to leave everyone with 1-2 votes again.

I'm favoring DP, on the logic that llama must have some kind of info from that last survey,
but I could see Bullz or maybe McViper - he went oddly silent after that initial flurry of suspicion.
You really think Llama has info? I think that if he did he's a good enough player to find real stuff to back his points up with rather than joking about the letters in someone's username making them bad. I'm considering a vote on Llama myself as I find the whole pig theory weird and didn't think it was actually a serious thing until he based a vote on it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No kidding.

You really think Llama has info? I think that if he did he's a good enough player to find real stuff to back his points up with rather than joking about the letters in someone's username making them bad. I'm considering a vote on Llama myself as I find the whole pig theory weird and didn't think it was actually a serious thing until he based a vote on it.
That's exactly why I'm looking at llama for this vote as well.

Honestly, I will probably go for either Nev or llama because I don't want to spread the vote out any further.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote: You really think Llama has info? I think that if he did he's a good enough player to find real stuff to back his points up with rather than joking about the letters in someone's username making them bad. I'm considering a vote on Llama myself as I find the whole pig theory weird and didn't think it was actually a serious thing until he based a vote on it.
I found it really strange also, but he's just not the sort to vote randomly.

If the info said 'you cannot reveal that you have this info' or something..
I could maybe see him making up a wacky reason just so people would figure out the real one?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I see a silent vote for llama from Andrew - did you have any particular reason? Just the wierd pigs thing?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:How much vote manipulation do the baddies honestly have? I see they have one vote block, but that's about it. So unless someone can point it out to me, I don't see how the baddies have significant influence on this vote.
They can influence the result with their votes. If two or three people are tied with the most number of votes, all one baddie has to do is wait until late in the day and vote for whichever one is not on his team. Bing bang boom, another dead civ.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: You really think Llama has info? I think that if he did he's a good enough player to find real stuff to back his points up with rather than joking about the letters in someone's username making them bad. I'm considering a vote on Llama myself as I find the whole pig theory weird and didn't think it was actually a serious thing until he based a vote on it.
I found it really strange also, but he's just not the sort to vote randomly.

If the info said 'you cannot reveal that you have this info' or something..
I could maybe see him making up a wacky reason just so people would figure out the real one?
I have no info besides that which I have posted in the thread. I think the pig theory is sound. It could be a weird coincidence, but I am testing the waters to find out. If DP is lynched and flips civ, my theory will be disproven. If he flips baddie, I will have a clear path on how to continue.

If I am lynched today, I hope the survivors will heed my advice on this.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote: I have no info besides that which I have posted in the thread. I think the pig theory is sound. It could be a weird coincidence, but I am testing the waters to find out. If DP is lynched and flips civ, my theory will be disproven. If he flips baddie, I will have a clear path on how to continue.

If I am lynched today, I hope the survivors will heed my advice on this.
Well there goes my lynch voting plan..
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:How much vote manipulation do the baddies honestly have? I see they have one vote block, but that's about it. So unless someone can point it out to me, I don't see how the baddies have significant influence on this vote.
They can influence the result with their votes. If two or three people are tied with the most number of votes, all one baddie has to do is wait until late in the day and vote for whichever one is not on his team. Bing bang boom, another dead civ.
That is true. But I was referring to whether they could influence/change multiple votes or not. Although looking back at it, I'm thinking that is not the case.

Llama linki: I still don't agree with you at all on the pig theory, but it sounds like we won't get a sound answer until someone who voted for pig gets lynched.

Nev linki: Doesn't change mine at all thankfully. :D
McViper
Posts in topic: 97

Post by McViper »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. I would have come back with a bit more sooner, but I ended up having lunch with my grandparents. So I finished my re-read a bit ago.

I'll start with the idea of looking at pig voters (probably because I'm in this group). I already explained why I voted the way I did, as well as why I missed the vote. I don't see someone pushing the idea of voting for pig voters this early on to be a good course of action. In fact, I have my eye on Llama on Hedgeowl because I would say they were the main proponents of looking at the pig voters. Maybe later on, with more votes under our belts, it might be something to consider with other evidence. But it seems a bit too early to be pushing for pig voters at this point.

I'm still suspicious of Nev and Viper for the same reasons I mentioned before. That hasn't changed much. So more than likely, my vote will be going to one of those 4 today.
A Person wrote:I still have no leads and don't think the poll results have any useable information. Maybe I random again.
We've had all this discussion, and you can't find anything that would be useful in here? :shrug:
It would be a terrible mistake to vote for me. My Fez would be blown off.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote: Hosts can the diseasels self target?
No individual may self-target, but a diesel could target a teammate.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think the baddies are using my apparent irrationality to scapegoat me. If I am lynched, look at those who voted for me to be filled with evil.

McViper

Post by McViper »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No kidding.

That's exactly why I'm looking at llama for this vote as well.

Honestly, I will probably go for either Nev or llama because I don't want to spread the vote out any further.
Llama is a mastermind player. He knows his stuff
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

McViper wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. I would have come back with a bit more sooner, but I ended up having lunch with my grandparents. So I finished my re-read a bit ago.

I'll start with the idea of looking at pig voters (probably because I'm in this group). I already explained why I voted the way I did, as well as why I missed the vote. I don't see someone pushing the idea of voting for pig voters this early on to be a good course of action. In fact, I have my eye on Llama on Hedgeowl because I would say they were the main proponents of looking at the pig voters. Maybe later on, with more votes under our belts, it might be something to consider with other evidence. But it seems a bit too early to be pushing for pig voters at this point.

I'm still suspicious of Nev and Viper for the same reasons I mentioned before. That hasn't changed much. So more than likely, my vote will be going to one of those 4 today.
A Person wrote:I still have no leads and don't think the poll results have any useable information. Maybe I random again.
We've had all this discussion, and you can't find anything that would be useful in here? :shrug:
It would be a terrible mistake to vote for me. My Fez would be blown off.
While that definitely made me laugh, it doesn't change the fact you still won't answer questions directed at you. And hence why you are under my suspicions.
McViper

Post by McViper »

I'm sorry, what questions do you want me to answer...I will testify before you.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: Hosts can the diseasels self target?
No individual may self-target, but a diesel could target a teammate.
That's what I meant. :blush:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, to be clear about scraps at Night: They cannot be blocked or redirected. They can only be protected against- that's it.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have to run now, and I doubt I'll be back before the lynch so I want to leave a parting word in case I am not alive when I get back.

If I die today, know that I intentionally sacrificed myself in order to give the civvies the info they need to defeat the bad trains. Good luck to all of you!

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Thank you for the clarification hosts! I will be interested to see how this next vote goes down. Sad to hear DH could still be a baddie though. Decisions, decisions. Skipping over the pig theory I am still considering voting for DP again, but also wonder about A Person. Will have to ponder this, because don't want the votes totally spread out again. Yet several have already declared their vote.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Torn between voting Hedgeowl or McViper. Too suspicious dudes imo. Decided on pig man.

Voted hedgeowl
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

McViper wrote:I'm sorry, what questions do you want me to answer...I will testify before you.
None of them are questions from me. I simply pointed out that I had felt you were ignoring things being said about you from other players. Some were comments and some I thought were direct questions. I have to run out for a bit but I'll find my original post when I get back.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

McViper voted me? :o
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I have to go now. I felt weird about McViper before and don't have time to think because I have music to play. Voting McViper.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Whoever is Thomas has three votes. With this spread that is a game changer
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I don't see any reason to keep waiting, it doesn't look like my opinion is going to change. I'm voting Llama - I think he's acting strangely and I'm not buying the whole 'sacrifice' thing he claims to be doing...
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:I don't see any reason to keep waiting, it doesn't look like my opinion is going to change. I'm voting Llama - I think he's acting strangely and I'm not buying the whole 'sacrifice' thing he claims to be doing...
Isn't he acting too strange to be bad?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I don't see any reason to keep waiting, it doesn't look like my opinion is going to change. I'm voting Llama - I think he's acting strangely and I'm not buying the whole 'sacrifice' thing he claims to be doing...
Isn't he acting too strange to be bad?
Is there really such a thing though? You could say baddies wouldn't willingly draw too much attention to themselves and I'd even agree with you but on the other hand the fact we're saying this suggests it's a good tactic for baddies to employ because people will say oh he'd never do that if he was a baddie.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Votes are getting a wee spread out here and I'm not inclined toward llama, so I am voting DisgruntledPorcupine again.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote: Is there really such a thing though? You could say baddies wouldn't willingly draw too much attention to themselves and I'd even agree with you but on the other hand the fact we're saying this suggests it's a good tactic for baddies to employ because people will say oh he'd never do that if he was a baddie.
That's WIFOM* the whole way. Nobody plays that way, because it hardly ever works.
I could see Llama trying it, but not like this - not with so much confusion and so many new players.

*WIFOM = "Wine in front of me" - it's a reference to the scene from The Princess Bride in which somebody went in against a sicilian when death was on the line.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote:Votes are getting a wee spread out here and I'm not inclined toward llama, so I am voting DisgruntledPorcupine again.
It does look like a choice between DP and Llama, doesn't it :-\
I still don't see Llama's angle here, but I'm going to troop along and hope he's got some info that he just doesn't want to share.

Voting DP.
Andrew
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Andrew »

I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I'm willing to give Nev a pass this time around. I think there are bigger fish to fry here anyway. My vote is going to llama this time. I think him pushing for the pig theory could be a subtle baddie push to throw some names out there for a small reason, and see if it builds up on itself. And pushing theories like that on Day 2 doesn't seem very civvie to me.

Votes Llama
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by A Person »

Despite not really agreeing with any theories so far, I think Llama is the most suspicious, I'm not sure if he wanted to be a martyr or if he was trying to distract us, so I vote for him.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by A Person »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
I have to admit I don't really agree with many of the theories getting thrown around. Maybe I'm too cynical. :P
McViper

Post by McViper »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I have to go now. I felt weird about McViper before and don't have time to think because I have music to play. Voting McViper.
Fair's fair...

BTW, your avatar really scares me.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Baddies in my first game u killed my only playing friend! :evileye: :mad:
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Andrew wrote:Baddies in my first game u killed my only playing friend! :evileye: :mad:
Llama where u afraid of s~v~s? Is that why u killed her? :mad:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thus, it is not and does not constitute (i) If Niverin.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
No kidding.

It's pretty clear who you think llama is. You say that you think llama has info. You think that the result of a day 0 poll would net a player info about the affiliation of another player? I don't think so. I don't feel comfortable voting for DP because llama's reasoning is purely wild theory territory. I also don't feel a llama vote is warranted yet. Not sure where my vote will go yet....though it probably won't matter anyway.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

reywaS wrote: It's pretty clear who you think llama is. You say that you think llama has info. You think that the result of a day 0 poll would net a player info about the affiliation of another player? I don't think so. I don't feel comfortable voting for DP because llama's reasoning is purely wild theory territory. I also don't feel a llama vote is warranted yet. Not sure where my vote will go yet....though it probably won't matter anyway.
I really don't think he has info, but it's my strongest straw :-/
I'm not getting a huge ping from anyone.
Viper has my eye, but I don't think that tracks..
DP at least has been very quiet, and careful about his comments.
That's not 'baddie' behavior exactly, but it concerns me.

If llama does have anything, I expect it to be fuzzy in nature, not a specific players affiliation -
"a diesel voted for pigs" would be an example.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I don't have a real strong feeling on anyone yet. And I don't feel anything strong towards llama or DP. I'm voting Snow Dog. While reading through the posts today, the only person I felt any kind of off vibes about was him. It's not anything major, but it's all I have for today.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

McViper wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I have to go now. I felt weird about McViper before and don't have time to think because I have music to play. Voting McViper.
Fair's fair...

BTW, your avatar really scares me.
:p It's Renate Knaup of Amon Duul II. It is a pretty creepy face, LOL.
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Simon »

I vote for Lizzy because she's sounds like a dinosaur.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Simon meant for his vote to go to Lizzy. He is still learning how to use a computer. That is where it will go.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We are on vacation.

We will be home soon to run this game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Now that all the votes have been cast, I can reveal the patented "Llama Gambit."

Knowing that most of the time baddies try to act helpful and logical to blend in with the civvies, I decided to act crazy and illogical. A baddie would have to be nuts to act the way I've been acting, and I was counting on the civs realizing that. Therefore, civs would be unlikely to vote for me, but baddies would see an opportunity. They could vote for a civ and when my affiliation is revealed excuse themselevs by saying "well, he was acting really crazy."

However, by revealing my strategy in the thread, one of two things will happen: Either I get lynched, in which case the civvies have good info on who the baddies are based on who voted for me, or I survive and still have good info based on the votes for me. Either way, my team is aided substantially towards victory.

This is the "Llama Gambit." I hope you are sa impressed with it as I was when I came up with it.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Basically why I didn't vote for you. :p

We'll see what you flip though. :o

Return to “Previous Side Missions”