Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: Day 4 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

I still hope LoRab didn't actually play into her meta card, by buddying teamie Dom instead of buddying non-teamie Dom, like expected - although...doing that would have gotten her closer to the traditional buddying teamie mistake; still, it sounds like a WIFOM worth playing, the way her game is usually implacable.

Then again, there's always Day 5 for lynching Dom nyeh nyeh neyh
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

Tranq, what do you have to say to all those voting for you? Why are you so unproductive this game? And if you are good, who do you think is bad among your voters?

I'm bothered by the fact llama seems uninvolved in the game. I can't tell if it's a civ tell or a bad one. JJJ, I still don't get why you feel llama is the bigger suspect. Dom has been latching on to others' suspicions a lot, and now he's asking Rico who he would vote for if he could. Question asking Dom never makes me feel very good.

linki: Wait, I admit I didn't read all the posts JJJ quoted. Did Lorab buddy up to llama and Dom, or did she distance them?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:I still hope LoRab didn't actually play into her meta card, by buddying teamie Dom instead of buddying non-teamie Dom, like expected - although...doing that would have gotten her closer to the traditional buddying teamie mistake; still, it sounds like a WIFOM worth playing, the way her game is usually implacable.

It's worth noting that this is a meta she literally claimed in this game. I'm not inclined to concern myself with that.

Sorry to put all the pressure on your shoulders Rico, but this lynch might well go whatever way you command it. You have my dream role right now. I'm going to be going to sleep very soon, I just can't justify staying awake for a Mafia game and then going to work on 4 hours sleep.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Tranq, what do you have to say to all those voting for you? Why are you so unproductive this game? And if you are good, who do you think is bad among your voters?

I'm bothered by the fact llama seems uninvolved in the game. I can't tell if it's a civ tell or a bad one. JJJ, I still don't get why you feel llama is the bigger suspect. Dom has been latching on to others' suspicions a lot, and now he's asking Rico who he would vote for if he could. Question asking Dom never makes me feel very good.

linki: Wait, I admit I didn't read all the posts JJJ quoted. Did Lorab buddy up to llama and Dom, or did she distance them?
She buddied Dom and distanced from llama -- but for the exact same point Rico made. Please just read it, it's not as huge as most of my cases are. It hinges largely on one post, which is linked within this case.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:LoRab and thellama73
LoRab wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:LoRab and llama have not butted heads over who is the better writer and poster.

confirmed fishy
I don't to butt heads. The market has determined that I am the better writer, since I get paid for it.
I get paid for it, as well. So the market hasn't determined anything.
LoRab wrote:
sig wrote:So zebra was mafia, that most likely means JJJ wasn't on her team. I did see the idea that she picked him, but this makes little sense for day 1. I think it is worth looking into the players who after Rico flipped made comments, like saying how they hope he isn't as spammy or it would be better to have lynched a baddie. I find the first group to almost be trying to weaken Rico's credit thus giving him less of an opinion and basically neutering him, and the second group to just be scummy.

I think a few mafia members were on the Rico wagon, however I also think there is a good chance that either LoRab or Llama are scum.

I don't have many civ or scum reads right know, but I do think Long Con is a civilian, and I'm leaning scum on Llama. Know here is my question do you think the early snipping that Llama and Zebra did was fabricated? It was only a little bit, but I'm curious what people think of it.

I think with Zebra's lynch it also makes it less likely that Mac is on her team.

One last thing, if Roger Rabbit was a civ role last game wouldn't it be odd for it to be a scum role this game? Could this be some sort of seemer/prankster thing? Remember Night 0 scum was able to do actions in theory they could have targeted Zebra and then killed her today. This could be a seemer role where it replaces the scum who used it, just switched the alignment, or let the seemer pick a role.
I think the chances of this are low, but then again the chances of hitting a mafia night 1 is also small.
It is possible that Llama is mafia--I am not.
LoRab wrote:
bea wrote:
LoRab wrote:What the absolute fuck?

I've caught up and holy bandwagon, batman!! Seriously, people.

There is more than one person who voted for me who either hasn't mentioned me at all and should know better (Tranq) or who has never played with me before and can't even give me the benefit to answer votes (motel room). A few others who are somewhere in the middle, but that was the most obvious late lynch bandwagon I have ever seen.

And I agree with others that it was a clear attempt to save a teammate. And noting that he didn't act like a civ who had a save to use during the lynch.

*votes JJJ*

Hi lorab. NIce to see you again. :) (been waiting for this post in my catsup since I read you missed the vote. All I could think is....well...she's in for a surprise..... :haha: )

Pretty clear what you think of JJ - what do you think of the rest that voted you? Who's most likely scum? Who's most likely mislead civ?
Most suspish: JJJ (though not for voting me...mainly because of the bandwagon against me which looked like it was to save him), motel room, Tranq....Golden sort of started the bandwagon, so that concerns me and bumps him up. Although maybe llama, too, for being the next to vote going by the first follower theory.
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

Players who so far who used this word in this game are llama and LoRab.
I don't have BTSC with Dom. We are not on a baddie team together. If he is civ, then we are on the same team.

I will say that suspish is a word that was used a lot on LP and TP, which is where Dom learned to mafia. So it doesn't strike me as odd language from Dom. He also could have picked it up from me during our BTSC time in the last game.

All that said, it's not a word I'd expect to hear from Llama...so...an interesting note to keep in mind.
The first post here is just banter. The next three are all important I think. In response to sig's suspicion, LoRab felt the need to say "llama may be bad but I'm not" instead of just "I'm not bad". In response to bea, she names a number of people she "suspects" on her bandwagon, and at the end tacks on another addendum about llama as a suspect. Then in the last quoted post here it's the same deal.

I think that last post is critically important. Click here to see why from within my Dom review.
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Voted LoRab for no reason.
I like your line of reasoning.
thellama73 wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:RIP sig, sorry to see that you were town.

Now we just need to make sure that the wave of bandwagoners doesn't stay set in their ways and go back to LoRab again.

Also, the sig flip, taken together with other things, seems to strongly imply there were two intended nightkills night 1, and that DFaraday's death may have been due to something weird/unrelated.
Back?
People have been rumbling about LoRab for a while now, and she still managed a few votes day 1. Considering how many people just showed up to pile on sig, I think there's a decent chance of that happening to LoRab tomorrow if people don't broaden their horizons a bit.
Maybe the fact taht people piled on Sig means that teammates were trying to protect Lorab from her nigh inevitable lynch?
thellama73 wrote:I don't really have an opinion on Lorab at this point. I haven't found the case on her compelling. But I have noticed that sometimes when a person keeps getting almost-lynched and avoiding it, they turn out to be bad.
thellama73 wrote:Okay, I need to read a few people. I haven't given Lorab too much of a look yet, but I feel it's time I did. Epi's instincts are usually good enough not to be ignored. I agree with Rico that FZ's comment about the kills was weird, but I don't know if it's bad weird yet.
thellama73 wrote:Okay, I read Lorab, and while I'm not sold on her being bad, the thing that stuck out to me in her posts was the way she quickly got defensive, and then suddenly switched to "suspect me all you like, I don't care! I'm civ and have nothing to hide!" It's a course correction worth noting.
thellama73 wrote:Switching my vote to Lorab because I'm more familiar with the case on her than with Boomslang and because Epi's instincts are usually good.
Llama never quite provided a substantive read on LoRab. The second last quote is decently close I guess, but it doesn't inspire me. Llama seems to be precariously perched on the fence about LoRab at all times, particularly by the time Day 3.0 rolled around and the lynch became a JJJ/LoRab dichotomy. I've illustrated the duality of his LoRab posts in color. Green represents a pro-LoRab statement, yellow represents a neutral statement, and red represents an anti-LoRab statement. He could be setting himself up for either scenario -- LoRab surviving the attempts at lynching her (allowing him to maintain a semi-positive outlook), or LoRab actually being lynched (allowing him to nod to the red sections of this analysis).

~~~

llama's Day 3.0 vote was for LoRab. On Day 3.5 it was for DharmaHelper. It should be noted that his Day 3.0 vote came before most of the quick counterwagon on LoRab formed. I don't know if he could have foreseen that taking place, and after it did it'd have been hard for him to justify moving his vote again.

~~~

I think this is highly team mate-compatible, and perhaps the most team mate-indicative of any analysis I've done for LoRab interactions. LoRab's posts bear the appearance of sprinkled-in distancing efforts, because they show her talking about llama in a capacity that doesn't strike me as naturally flowing from a mindset to smear a non-team mate. The post I linked that also might implicate Dom is also a heavy factor in this perspective. I think LoRab may have accidentally exposed llama there. Llama's posts only strengthen this read for the reasons I've displayed in colors.
[/quote]
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I still hope LoRab didn't actually play into her meta card, by buddying teamie Dom instead of buddying non-teamie Dom, like expected - although...doing that would have gotten her closer to the traditional buddying teamie mistake; still, it sounds like a WIFOM worth playing, the way her game is usually implacable.

It's worth noting that this is a meta she literally claimed in this game. I'm not inclined to concern myself with that.

Sorry to put all the pressure on your shoulders Rico, but this lynch might well go whatever way you command it. You have my dream role right now. I'm going to be going to sleep very soon, I just can't justify staying awake for a Mafia game and then going to work on 4 hours sleep.
Did she? I thought it was someone else who said LoRabaddie would buddy civs.

I know. If only I wouldn't be so busy... :why:
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Day 3.5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Here's the simplest look, FZ:
LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

Players who so far who used this word in this game are llama and LoRab.
I don't have BTSC with Dom. We are not on a baddie team together. If he is civ, then we are on the same team.

I will say that suspish is a word that was used a lot on LP and TP, which is where Dom learned to mafia. So it doesn't strike me as odd language from Dom. He also could have picked it up from me during our BTSC time in the last game.

All that said, it's not a word I'd expect to hear from Llama...so...an interesting note to keep in mind.
Buddy

Distance

She defends Dom for saying "suspish" and suspects llama for saying "suspish".

I feel like there has to be a reason for that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Did she? I thought it was someone else who said LoRabaddie would buddy civs.
Actually you might be right, I can't remember for certain.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Llama asked me who I would vote for, FZ., not Dom.

Dom only asked me if he could be exempt from having a bad time. I said no. :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rico do you sense any internal inconsistencies or bad logic in my reasoning here? I haven't heard any dissenting viewpoints aside maybe from Epignosis. But he just said he disagreed with something, needed more time to talk about it, and then he died.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Rico do you sense any internal inconsistencies or bad logic in my reasoning here? I haven't heard any dissenting viewpoints aside maybe from Epignosis. But he just said he disagreed with something, needed more time to talk about it, and then he died.
I remember addressing it long ago, and it's the best I can project. The tricky thing is that it boils down to LoRab having done an expected baddie move, an unexpected move, or anything at all with that crucial post.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I read it all. Hmm. If I hadn't read your analysis, JJJ, I probably would have said Dom looks more suspicious, though the part where she defends him plays in his favour. But from the voting patterns and the talk about her, Dom comes off worse in my opinion. He keeps saying he will look at her, but never gets to it. In addition, when he jumps all over that piling bandwagon, it's like he's keeping himself from talking about Lorab, and focusing on you and your save. Unlike you, that is what makes me feel the worst about him. He's not defending Lorab, he's trying to make you look bad.
llama did vote for Lorab. Yes, it was early, but it was his decision and even though he sometimes defends her, the bottom line is, that even when he says he hasn't really thought a lot about her, he doesn't use it as an excuse and finds a good reason to why vote for her. I didn't vote her either on day 3.5. I can't fault him for that. There was a lot of craziness going on. That said, I go back and forth on DH, and at the moment, I'm on the civvie side. So the fact he's voting for him, makes me doubt him again.
No idea which is the better vote. I'll go with you if what I said doesn't make you think differently, but tell me what you think.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:Did anyone notice MM is not on the poll?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey guys, don't lynch me please. K thanks. :biggrin:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Because you and I are in the same boat today Rico, except I can vote. :nicenod:

goddamn marmot
Well you know, if you looked at the poll once in a while.

The feeling of not being able to be lynched today fills me with hope. I will stay determined. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Well you know, if you looked at the poll once in a while.
I have no reason to, until someone votes and I have to track it. Y'kno, never being on it and such. XD
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by motel room »

DharmaHelper wrote:My point being I saw the general circumstances behind the LoRab train to be suspect. I pulled the two most suspicious votes as examples in retrospect, but at the time the train as a whole looked sketchy to me due to the quickness with which it formed and the flimsy nature of some of its supporters.

i.e the same point I've made six million times.
Gonna vote me some DharmaHelper
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Well you know, if you looked at the poll once in a while.
I have no reason to, until someone votes and I have to track it. Y'kno, never being on it and such. XD
Tell me who I should vote for confirmed Papryco man! :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Okay, I read it all. Hmm. If I hadn't read your analysis, JJJ, I probably would have said Dom looks more suspicious, though the part where she defends him plays in his favour. But from the voting patterns and the talk about her, Dom comes off worse in my opinion. He keeps saying he will look at her, but never gets to it. In addition, when he jumps all over that piling bandwagon, it's like he's keeping himself from talking about Lorab, and focusing on you and your save. Unlike you, that is what makes me feel the worst about him. He's not defending Lorab, he's trying to make you look bad.
llama did vote for Lorab. Yes, it was early, but it was his decision and even though he sometimes defends her, the bottom line is, that even when he says he hasn't really thought a lot about her, he doesn't use it as an excuse and finds a good reason to why vote for her. I didn't vote her either on day 3.5. I can't fault him for that. There was a lot of craziness going on. That said, I go back and forth on DH, and at the moment, I'm on the civvie side. So the fact he's voting for him, makes me doubt him again.
No idea which is the better vote. I'll go with you if what I said doesn't make you think differently, but tell me what you think.
The most important thing is this, I think: you agree that based on LoRab's treatment of those two in that one post, it's highly likely one of them is her team mate and the other is not -- regardless of which?

It's a tough call because I think both of them have behaved in a suspicious manner. Llama has been extremely hard to hold a conversation with in this game because he just doesn't respond to things unless you literally scream at him in caps lock. And even then, he doesn't address the point that truly matters -- he hasn't said a word about Dom specifically in light of this case even though I've asked him repeatedly. He has only talked about Dom relative to the usage of the word "suspish" and not relative to LoRab's post. It seems like every conversation I have with him, he's taken the easy way out.

"Do you think I'd have killed Golden?"

"Don't you think I would have cursed Rico?"

"I read you as civilian JJJ because I haven't seen anything to make me think you're bad." as I work diligently to get him lynched

And this is the same conduct that drove Golden to suspect llama. Golden felt llama was only answering pieces of his questions and not addressing the points that actually mattered. This is a telltale sign of fake content and fake contribution. It's how a baddie counts on players who aren't reading things thoroughly to just see the appearance of a mutual and balanced exchange when it's actually quite one-sided.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

motel room wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:My point being I saw the general circumstances behind the LoRab train to be suspect. I pulled the two most suspicious votes as examples in retrospect, but at the time the train as a whole looked sketchy to me due to the quickness with which it formed and the flimsy nature of some of its supporters.

Hiya what sounds unreasonable to you in that quote?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also note that Dom seems to have acknowledged that the point I'm making is solid -- and he has turned his sights on llama as a result. Llama has just evaded every relevant point and not set his sights on Dom. I think Dom's behavior in that dynamic is more civilian-inclined. He sees and agrees with a point that will implicate him badly if llama is lynched and flips town. He's standing for it enough to at least investigate the matter.

Llama is not following suit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Tranq »

I'll go with JJJ's train of thought and vote llama.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Okay, I read it all. Hmm. If I hadn't read your analysis, JJJ, I probably would have said Dom looks more suspicious, though the part where she defends him plays in his favour. But from the voting patterns and the talk about her, Dom comes off worse in my opinion. He keeps saying he will look at her, but never gets to it. In addition, when he jumps all over that piling bandwagon, it's like he's keeping himself from talking about Lorab, and focusing on you and your save. Unlike you, that is what makes me feel the worst about him. He's not defending Lorab, he's trying to make you look bad.
The most important thing is this, I think: you agree that based on LoRab's treatment of those two in that one post, it's highly likely one of them is her team mate and the other is not -- regardless of which?

It's a tough call because I think both of them have behaved in a suspicious manner. Llama has been extremely hard to hold a conversation with in this game because he just doesn't respond to things unless you literally scream at him in caps lock. And even then, he doesn't address the point that truly matters -- he hasn't said a word about Dom specifically in light of this case even though I've asked him repeatedly. He has only talked about Dom relative to the usage of the word "suspish" and not relative to LoRab's post. It seems like every conversation I have with him, he's taken the easy way out.

"Do you think I'd have killed Golden?"

"Don't you think I would have cursed Rico?"

"I read you as civilian JJJ because I haven't seen anything to make me think you're bad." as I work diligently to get him lynched

And this is the same conduct that drove Golden to suspect llama. Golden felt llama was only answering pieces of his questions and not addressing the points that actually mattered. This is a telltale sign of fake content and fake contribution. It's how a baddie counts on players who aren't reading things thoroughly to just see the appearance of a mutual and balanced exchange when it's actually quite one-sided.
I guess my problem is, I expect baddies to act as I do when I'm bad :sigh:
I'm not sold on one of them having to be bad because of Lorab talking about both of them. If I were bad with one of them, I'd try to treat them both exactly the same. The fact that she did it differently could have been to make us think one of them is bad if that ever came to the test. It's a WIFOM. But llama isn't acting like I expect him, and Dom is all kinds of suspicious, so either one could be bad anyway. I'm okay with voting one of them, but I want to make sure we get the right one.
I expect baddie llama to try as hard as he does when he's a civ. Maybe I'm just expecting too much. Not to mention, lately he hasn't been his usual civ llama even when he is a civ.
What do you think of Dom's suspicions? Do you agree that he keeps voicing others' suspicions. Be it, DH's, LC's and others'?

linki: Possible. If you were bad, what would you do instead of either of them?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

A lot of the Tranq votes are worded as being dropped tentatively but they're still there.
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
My notebook says to ask Ricochet for help. :pout:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:Tranq, what do you have to say to all those voting for you? Why are you so unproductive this game? And if you are good, who do you think is bad among your voters?

Questioning Dom never makes you feel good?

That's why you never think I'm civ. ;)

I'm voting Llama.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Who made the case against DH? I want to look at their post. Or if it's easier, whats the case against DH?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Fark me, it's going to be a three-way tie, isn't it?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I guess my problem is, I expect baddies to act as I do when I'm bad :sigh:
I'm not sold on one of them having to be bad because of Lorab talking about both of them. If I were bad with one of them, I'd try to treat them both exactly the same. The fact that she did it differently could have been to make us think one of them is bad if that ever came to the test. It's a WIFOM.
There it is, the question we have to answer. Are we to believe LoRab deliberately did this to send someone like JJJ on this mission to get someone or two someones mislynched? There are three reasons I don't think so:

1. LoRab can only care about this if she anticipates her own lynch and the resulting analysis. More importantly, she'd have to specifically anticipate that someone would pick up on it. I honestly don't think this case would exist if I didn't build it myself. I mean no offense to anyone obviously, there are tons of capable analysts in this game -- it's just a specific notion I've brought out and I'm hesitant to believe LoRab had in her mind before I did. That's really the biggest question for everyone else to consider, I cannot be objective since it's my case.

2. In the process of doing this, she acknowledged the validity of something that in part implicated her. Rico was building a potential mafia team of Dom, llama, and LoRab all at once based on "suspish". For her to even grant the notion any serious thought as a point against llama suggests to me that she had a specific design in mind by even talking about him. It's a very weak accusation -- that saying "suspish" is a scumslip. It's very easy to discard that, but she accepted for one person.
FZ. wrote:What do you think of Dom's suspicions? Do you agree that he keeps voicing others' suspicions. Be it, DH's, LC's and others'?
I do think he's been riding coattails to some degree, yes. I don't necessarily think that's a baddie tell, but it's not a town tell either. His consistent and unending suspicion of me could be genuine or it could be an attempt to capitalize on the fact that I've been lynchable three day phases in a row. I do think his coattail casing is no worse than llama's non-casing.
FZ. wrote:linki: Possible. If you were bad, what would you do instead of either of them?
I've never been in a position like that to my memory, so I can only guess. I think I'd probably try to discredit the theory so that I could defend myself without being forced to take a hard stance on someone else if I'm not prepared to do that. That would reflect llama here. Again though, I cannot know for sure.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

"three reasons"

*lists two*

good one JJJ

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Fark me, it's going to be a three-way tie, isn't it?
llama :llama:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

#2 is pretty dope elaborated, I must say *claps*

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Macbaaaaddddieeeee
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh why did you vote DH?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

I never said I was going to change my vote. Tranq is my vote. I am not changing my vote. Everyone else should also vote for Tranq.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh you changed it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:#2 is pretty dope elaborated, I must say *claps*

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Macbaaaaddddieeeee
I am gunning for a five way tie tbh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I never said I was going to change my vote. Tranq is my vote. I am not changing my vote. Everyone else should also vote for Tranq.
Your vote is weak sauce.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh wait I didn't realise we were so close to a fun tie. Reserving the right to change my vote again to cause it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Oh wait I didn't realise we were so close to a fun tie. Reserving the right to change my vote again to cause it.
There's no way you're a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Metalmarsh why did you vote DH?
To tease Ricochet. :P

I suppose llama could be bad though.

Linki: atta boy Macbaddie, the real Macbaddie (I'm just imitating the real Macbaddie).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:Oh wait I didn't realise we were so close to a fun tie. Reserving the right to change my vote again to cause it.
Chaos mac
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I never said I was going to change my vote. Tranq is my vote. I am not changing my vote. Everyone else should also vote for Tranq.
Your vote is weak sauce.
Tranq hasn't really given me much of an option to build a case on him. I am lynching him because he has literally put in no effort to assist the civilians other than offer Ricochet his vote which he could just refuse to do if Rico chooses a scum partner. Defending his behaviour is annoying.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:oh you changed it.
What of yours?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
There's no way you're a civilian.
Nah I am. Just ask anybody.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
motel room wrote:

Hiya what sounds unreasonable to you in that quote?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:Metalmarsh why did you vote DH?
To tease Ricochet. :P

I suppose llama could be bad though.

Linki: atta boy Macbaddie, the real Macbaddie (I'm just imitating the real Macbaddie).
Macbaddie's not here man.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Your vote is weak sauce.
Tranq hasn't really given me much of an option to build a case on him. I am lynching him because he has literally put in no effort to assist the civilians other than offer Ricochet his vote which he could just refuse to do if Rico chooses a scum partner. Defending his behaviour is annoying.
I don't give a shit if it's annoying. There are better cases. You agreed with llama/Dom, and you're voting for a generic lurker.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Your vote is weak sauce.
So it's Tranq's fault your vote is weak. :confused:

Come on Mac, you gotta take responsibility for your actions.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Your vote is weak sauce.
I don't give a shit if it's annoying. There are better cases. You agreed with llama/Dom, and you're voting for a generic lurker.
You said yourself that Tranq will get lynched eventually. When? Lylo? Lynch him now. It's safer.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Your vote is weak sauce.
So it's Tranq's fault your vote is weak. :confused:

Come on Mac, you gotta take responsibility for your actions.
Tranq deserves my vote and deserves to be lynched.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”